-
July, 2020 - Daz 3D New User Challenge - Portrait Rendering and LIE
This is a great start. You have a nice monochrome colour palette. I love the Voss Hair. I have used it myself.
Something you need to be careful of is the clipping. The Vos hair is intersection her shoulder on the left side of the image, Victoria's right shoulder. I haven't used this hair for a while but it should have some morphs to either adjust the length or move it forward or back a bit.
Ahh, I see what you mean. Looking closer, I can see it clipping. I’ll check and see if I can adjust. Thank you for your kind words and the suggestion!
I cannot tell you the number of times I see some little thing like the hair clipping a part of the body after I have completely finished a render.
July, 2020 - Daz 3D New User Challenge - Portrait Rendering and LIEThis is a great start. You have a nice monochrome colour palette. I love the Voss Hair. I have used it myself.
Something you need to be careful of is the clipping. The Vos hair is intersection her shoulder on the left side of the image, Victoria's right shoulder. I haven't used this hair for a while but it should have some morphs to either adjust the length or move it forward or back a bit.
Ahh, I see what you mean. Looking closer, I can see it clipping. I’ll check and see if I can adjust. Thank you for your kind words and the suggestion!July, 2020 - Daz 3D New User Challenge - Portrait Rendering and LIEJuly 2020 New User Beginner Challenge Entry - Victoria the 1st
So I'm pretty much brand new to Daz3d, or 3d art in general. I've had the product for about a month, running it on my Mac with no Nvidia card. If I decide to continue this new hobby, I'll eventually break down an build/buy a budget PC for rendering work.
As I am new, I don't have a lot of assets. I sprang for the Victoria 8 starter bundle and her HD expansion, and pretty much stuck with it, along with a backdrop photo that I got from a thread here on the forums. I watched a couple you tube tutorials, and was able to put this together. I still have a long way to go, obviously - but I'm pleased for my first effort at something being submitted. It's using a sky environment lighting along with a spot from the front/side...
I'm very open to any suggestions, critiques, comments, etc... I'm doing the challenge to learn.
Tools: Daz3d only, no post
Assets: Victoria 8 HD, Voss Hair, Boho Shorts outfit, Z Strike A Pose (with some manual tweaking)
~ Andy
This is a great start. You have a nice monochrome colour palette. I love the Voss Hair. I have used it myself.
Something you need to be careful of is the clipping. The Vos hair is intersection her shoulder on the left side of the image, Victoria's right shoulder. I haven't used this hair for a while but it should have some morphs to either adjust the length or move it forward or back a bit.
July, 2020 - Daz 3D New User Challenge - Portrait Rendering and LIEJuly 2020 New User Beginner Challenge Entry - Victoria the 1st
So I'm pretty much brand new to Daz3d, or 3d art in general. I've had the product for about a month, running it on my Mac with no Nvidia card. If I decide to continue this new hobby, I'll eventually break down an build/buy a budget PC for rendering work.
As I am new, I don't have a lot of assets. I sprang for the Victoria 8 starter bundle and her HD expansion, and pretty much stuck with it, along with a backdrop photo that I got from a thread here on the forums. I watched a couple you tube tutorials, and was able to put this together. I still have a long way to go, obviously - but I'm pleased for my first effort at something being submitted. It's using a sky environment lighting along with a spot from the front/side...
I'm very open to any suggestions, critiques, comments, etc... I'm doing the challenge to learn.
Tools: Daz3d only, no post
Assets: Victoria 8 HD, Voss Hair, Boho Shorts outfit, Z Strike A Pose (with some manual tweaking)
~ Andy
Mystique for Genesis 8 Female(s) [Commercial]Also every clothing item has been indiviidually tailored to directly support the following chracters- Aiko 8, Aubrey 8, Bridgett 8, Charlotte 8, Eva 8, Jenni 8, Meo Lin 8, Monique 8, Sahira 8, Stephanie 8, Victoria 8, and Bodybuilding Details.
Looks excellent Herschel! Is it too late in the process to include tailoring for one of the more curvy characters such as Olympia 8 or Latonya 8, or perhaps just the Voluptuous body morph?
X-transfer vs Character ConverterFor the more extreme shapes, eg stylized morphs, I found X-Transfer did a better job, but then I did not play with all the settings in Character Converter to see if I could improve the transfer.
For normal shapes both do a good job. I do prefer the way X-Transfer puts an XT prefix at the front of each morph (eg XT Victoria 7), so I can see easily what is transferred and what is not. Character Converter uses the same name as the source figure.
Oh thanks. Does that mean you have duplicate names or can you rename it yourself?
XTransfer puts "XT" in front of what it builds, so you don't have to worry about duplicate morphs. Comparing the two, some characters converted better with one over the other, and vice versa. For example, I cannot get Darius 7 to convert with Character Converter without wonky eyes...no matter what settings I try and how many updates get pushed out for it. XTransfer converted him perfectly. However, XTransfer was a bit off with Olympia 7 while Character Converter was spot on. So it benefits to have both if you convert a lot of characters.
In what way was Olympia 7 off? It shouldn't be off in any way except with hd morphs which can only be converted at base level. Example below of Olympia 7 G3F and the G8F XT Conversion overlapped. You will see shape is identical.
It might have not been Olympia 7...the specific character I was converting was a mix of Olympia 7 (100%) and Nathalie. It was her nose, particularly the septum area, that didn't seem to want to convert properly. It was fine, but it didn't match the G3 nose.
[Released] Character Converter from Genesis 2 Female to Genesis 8 Female [Commercial]Trying out the tool with Paige: https://www.daz3d.com/paige and just can't seem to get the eyes become anything I would consider even close to circular. Tried 2020 several times and got probably the best result, attached, with 2019 and really low tolerance. Ideas? I
've just been removing "sc_paige/RSG2FPaige" from the morphs, am I missing a file and staring at the same conversion with imagined changes? :D
How low was the tolerance? Pushing it down to as low as it can go and not go to zero helps (for the 2019 method). The 2020 method gives the best results usually, but if you have tried it?
You need to be removing the FHM (H is for head) file to see a change (unless overwrite morphs is checked, not that I recommend that as it is so slow).
Well, I tried a bunch of settings down to 0.0005 on 2019, the one that gave the best result (posted above). I did have overwrite on, so it wasn't all in my head :D
I also understand now my confusion re: the FHM. Paige is a victoria 6 based character that has no custom body. It applies 30 % victoria 6 and then adds body morphs from the gen 2 morph pack to it. No FBM being created.
The head, otoh, applies 30 % vicky 6 and the "sc_paige" morph at 100. Sc_paige morph is not being recognized as an FHM.
The character also applies pupil and iris size morphs which are getting ported over (not sure if there are no corresponding ones or if the naming has been changed).
I was ecstatic when I discovered this, since I assumed that the eye morphs would be the culprits. Unfortunately, they weren't, the results were identical from a character preset saved without them.
Now I'm wondering it the issue is the sc_paige headmorph and the fact that it isn't getting recognized as an FHM one? Any further ideas? I did port over vicky 6, which worked just fine.
Late edit: I verified everything else ports over fine and its indeed SC_Paige, the non-FHM head morph, that causes the distortion.
There is a field in the options where you can specify the string to look for (that the morph name starts with). You could try changing that to get the script to recognize it.
Unfortunately, that didn't help, the results were identical (but thanks for pointing out what I had gloriously missed!).
FWIW, I took a stab at taking Paige to genesis 3 with genx2, and that worked fine AFTER I removed the separate eye morphs that didn't seem to have an impact on the g8 conversion (I also use sloshwerks's clone instead of the default one, but that's one of the reason I'm trying to get rid of the damn thing).
Can you post the log? I want to ensure the "head" morph was identified.
Pm'd you, as it was a mile long. Thanks for taking the time to look at this, I always feel comfortably buying your tools since I know you're going to go out of your way to help your customers.
Thank you for the kind words.

Ok, it looks like this conversion did the exact opposite of what you wanted
. Because you had overwrite morphs ON, it removed the existing morphs, including the victoria head morph (which hopefully was fantastic). Then, it could not find the Paige morph to make it a head morph. (Unfortunately, the one debug option I seem to NOT have output is what string you input, but it should have been "Paige" I think. If you search for the string "Head Morphs", you can find the morphs it is converting, and which ones the script thinks are head morphs:2020-07-24 14:46:33.068 Converting Morphs: FBMVictoria6Body,FHMVictoria6Head,PHMEyelashesLength,Paige
2020-07-24 14:46:33.068 DEBUG: Head Morphs:
2020-07-24 14:46:33.068 DEBUG: Other Morphs: FBMVictoria6Body,FHMVictoria6Head,PHMEyelashesLength,Paige
As you can see, Head Morphs is blank and the FHMVictoria6Head is going to use the 2019 conversion method (all the morphs in "Other Morphs" use that, only the Head Morphs are converted using the 2020 method).
My recommendation is
- Delete the morphs in data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs under the FIRST directory for Daz Studio Formats specified in the Content Directory Manager (F2->"Content" tab->"Content Directory Manager..." button)
- Change the head morph prefix back to FHM
- UNCHECK Overwrite morphs so it won't keep reconverting morphs later
- Convert Paige
- Delete ONLY the Paige morph from data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs
- Change the prefix to Paige
- Convert Paige. Because you have overwrite Morphs unchecked, if you check the log, you should see something like this:
-
2020-07-24 14:46:33.068 Converting Morphs: Paige
2020-07-24 14:46:33.068 DEBUG: Head Morphs: Paige
2020-07-24 14:46:33.068 DEBUG: Other Morphs:
-
[Released] Character Converter from Genesis 2 Female to Genesis 8 Female [Commercial]Trying out the tool with Paige: https://www.daz3d.com/paige and just can't seem to get the eyes become anything I would consider even close to circular. Tried 2020 several times and got probably the best result, attached, with 2019 and really low tolerance. Ideas? I
've just been removing "sc_paige/RSG2FPaige" from the morphs, am I missing a file and staring at the same conversion with imagined changes? :D
How low was the tolerance? Pushing it down to as low as it can go and not go to zero helps (for the 2019 method). The 2020 method gives the best results usually, but if you have tried it?
You need to be removing the FHM (H is for head) file to see a change (unless overwrite morphs is checked, not that I recommend that as it is so slow).
Well, I tried a bunch of settings down to 0.0005 on 2019, the one that gave the best result (posted above). I did have overwrite on, so it wasn't all in my head :D
I also understand now my confusion re: the FHM. Paige is a victoria 6 based character that has no custom body. It applies 30 % victoria 6 and then adds body morphs from the gen 2 morph pack to it. No FBM being created.
The head, otoh, applies 30 % vicky 6 and the "sc_paige" morph at 100. Sc_paige morph is not being recognized as an FHM.
The character also applies pupil and iris size morphs which are getting ported over (not sure if there are no corresponding ones or if the naming has been changed).
I was ecstatic when I discovered this, since I assumed that the eye morphs would be the culprits. Unfortunately, they weren't, the results were identical from a character preset saved without them.
Now I'm wondering it the issue is the sc_paige headmorph and the fact that it isn't getting recognized as an FHM one? Any further ideas? I did port over vicky 6, which worked just fine.
Late edit: I verified everything else ports over fine and its indeed SC_Paige, the non-FHM head morph, that causes the distortion.
There is a field in the options where you can specify the string to look for (that the morph name starts with). You could try changing that to get the script to recognize it.
Unfortunately, that didn't help, the results were identical (but thanks for pointing out what I had gloriously missed!).
FWIW, I took a stab at taking Paige to genesis 3 with genx2, and that worked fine AFTER I removed the separate eye morphs that didn't seem to have an impact on the g8 conversion (I also use sloshwerks's clone instead of the default one, but that's one of the reason I'm trying to get rid of the damn thing).
Can you post the log? I want to ensure the "head" morph was identified.
Pm'd you, as it was a mile long. Thanks for taking the time to look at this, I always feel comfortably buying your tools since I know you're going to go out of your way to help your customers.
Search for 8K texturesHi. Сan someone say characters whose body has an 8K bump texture that look good?
For example, as in bluejante.
What am I talking about
Here is the original bump Trish texture:
Here is the bump bluejaunte texture:

Even considering that DAZ compresses textures up to 4K (I have such settings), the second texture looks much better, counting the fine grain / pore.
New store software before the end of the yearRight now, I am looking at the People and Wearables sets that are being offered for free with the new Kwan bundle. I have it set to sort by "New Arrivals". Yikes this is bad. So Victoria 4 Starter Bundle was apparently released before Brute 8? Hmm...didn't know that. There is absolutely no order to this page! Genesis Evolution Shapes, which is Genesis ONE is also on this page, along with various Genesis 2 bundles, with some Genesis 3 and 8 sprinkled in. What is the deal with this? The sorting function doesn't even work at all. Just look at this, is there any form of coherency to this?Select "Sort By New Arrivals" again. I used to select another sort order first, but it seems I don't need to jump the extra hoop.
Yay. <waves postage stamp on a toothpick>
Give Magento its due, at least it's sort-of consistent — the pages where the sort order loads broken (apparently mostly these temp sale listing pages) stay broken, and the ones where it works stay working. Mostly.
What a way to run a railroad...
Somehow, finding that even Amazon can't get something as simple as "Sort by Price" to work gives me a strange sense of relief...
New store software before the end of the yearRight now, I am looking at the People and Wearables sets that are being offered for free with the new Kwan bundle. I have it set to sort by "New Arrivals". Yikes this is bad. So Victoria 4 Starter Bundle was apparently released before Brute 8? Hmm...didn't know that. There is absolutely no order to this page! Genesis Evolution Shapes, which is Genesis ONE is also on this page, along with various Genesis 2 bundles, with some Genesis 3 and 8 sprinkled in. What is the deal with this? The sorting function doesn't even work at all. Just look at this, is there any form of coherency to this?Select "Sort By New Arrivals" again. I used to select another sort order first, but it seems I don't need to jump the extra hoop.
Yay. <waves postage stamp on a toothpick>
Give Magento its due, at least it's sort-of consistent — the pages where the sort order loads broken (apparently mostly these temp sale listing pages) stay broken, and the ones where it works stay working. Mostly.
What a way to run a railroad...
[Released] Character Converter from Genesis 2 Female to Genesis 8 Female [Commercial]Trying out the tool with Paige: https://www.daz3d.com/paige and just can't seem to get the eyes become anything I would consider even close to circular. Tried 2020 several times and got probably the best result, attached, with 2019 and really low tolerance. Ideas? I
've just been removing "sc_paige/RSG2FPaige" from the morphs, am I missing a file and staring at the same conversion with imagined changes? :D
How low was the tolerance? Pushing it down to as low as it can go and not go to zero helps (for the 2019 method). The 2020 method gives the best results usually, but if you have tried it?
You need to be removing the FHM (H is for head) file to see a change (unless overwrite morphs is checked, not that I recommend that as it is so slow).
Well, I tried a bunch of settings down to 0.0005 on 2019, the one that gave the best result (posted above). I did have overwrite on, so it wasn't all in my head :D
I also understand now my confusion re: the FHM. Paige is a victoria 6 based character that has no custom body. It applies 30 % victoria 6 and then adds body morphs from the gen 2 morph pack to it. No FBM being created.
The head, otoh, applies 30 % vicky 6 and the "sc_paige" morph at 100. Sc_paige morph is not being recognized as an FHM.
The character also applies pupil and iris size morphs which are getting ported over (not sure if there are no corresponding ones or if the naming has been changed).
I was ecstatic when I discovered this, since I assumed that the eye morphs would be the culprits. Unfortunately, they weren't, the results were identical from a character preset saved without them.
Now I'm wondering it the issue is the sc_paige headmorph and the fact that it isn't getting recognized as an FHM one? Any further ideas? I did port over vicky 6, which worked just fine.
Late edit: I verified everything else ports over fine and its indeed SC_Paige, the non-FHM head morph, that causes the distortion.
There is a field in the options where you can specify the string to look for (that the morph name starts with). You could try changing that to get the script to recognize it.
Unfortunately, that didn't help, the results were identical (but thanks for pointing out what I had gloriously missed!).
FWIW, I took a stab at taking Paige to genesis 3 with genx2, and that worked fine AFTER I removed the separate eye morphs that didn't seem to have an impact on the g8 conversion (I also use sloshwerks's clone instead of the default one, but that's one of the reason I'm trying to get rid of the damn thing).
Can you post the log? I want to ensure the "head" morph was identified.
X-transfer vs Character ConverterFor the more extreme shapes, eg stylized morphs, I found X-Transfer did a better job, but then I did not play with all the settings in Character Converter to see if I could improve the transfer.
For normal shapes both do a good job. I do prefer the way X-Transfer puts an XT prefix at the front of each morph (eg XT Victoria 7), so I can see easily what is transferred and what is not. Character Converter uses the same name as the source figure.
Oh thanks. Does that mean you have duplicate names or can you rename it yourself?
XTransfer puts "XT" in front of what it builds, so you don't have to worry about duplicate morphs. Comparing the two, some characters converted better with one over the other, and vice versa. For example, I cannot get Darius 7 to convert with Character Converter without wonky eyes...no matter what settings I try and how many updates get pushed out for it. XTransfer converted him perfectly. However, XTransfer was a bit off with Olympia 7 while Character Converter was spot on. So it benefits to have both if you convert a lot of characters.
In what way was Olympia 7 off? It shouldn't be off in any way except with hd morphs which can only be converted at base level. Example below of Olympia 7 G3F and the G8F XT Conversion overlapped. You will see shape is identical.
X-transfer vs Character ConverterFor the more extreme shapes, eg stylized morphs, I found X-Transfer did a better job, but then I did not play with all the settings in Character Converter to see if I could improve the transfer.
For normal shapes both do a good job. I do prefer the way X-Transfer puts an XT prefix at the front of each morph (eg XT Victoria 7), so I can see easily what is transferred and what is not. Character Converter uses the same name as the source figure.
Oh thanks. Does that mean you have duplicate names or can you rename it yourself?
XTransfer puts "XT" in front of what it builds, so you don't have to worry about duplicate morphs. Comparing the two, some characters converted better with one over the other, and vice versa. For example, I cannot get Darius 7 to convert with Character Converter without wonky eyes...no matter what settings I try and how many updates get pushed out for it. XTransfer converted him perfectly. However, XTransfer was a bit off with Olympia 7 while Character Converter was spot on. So it benefits to have both if you convert a lot of characters.
X-transfer vs Character ConverterFor the more extreme shapes, eg stylized morphs, I found X-Transfer did a better job, but then I did not play with all the settings in Character Converter to see if I could improve the transfer.
For normal shapes both do a good job. I do prefer the way X-Transfer puts an XT prefix at the front of each morph (eg XT Victoria 7), so I can see easily what is transferred and what is not. Character Converter uses the same name as the source figure.
Oh thanks. Does that mean you have duplicate names or can you rename it yourself?
X-transfer vs Character ConverterFor the more extreme shapes, eg stylized morphs, I found X-Transfer did a better job, but then I did not play with all the settings in Character Converter to see if I could improve the transfer.
For normal shapes both do a good job. I do prefer the way X-Transfer puts an XT prefix at the front of each morph (eg XT Victoria 7), so I can see easily what is transferred and what is not. Character Converter uses the same name as the source figure.
[Released] Character Converter from Genesis 2 Female to Genesis 8 Female [Commercial]Trying out the tool with Paige: https://www.daz3d.com/paige and just can't seem to get the eyes become anything I would consider even close to circular. Tried 2020 several times and got probably the best result, attached, with 2019 and really low tolerance. Ideas? I
've just been removing "sc_paige/RSG2FPaige" from the morphs, am I missing a file and staring at the same conversion with imagined changes? :D
How low was the tolerance? Pushing it down to as low as it can go and not go to zero helps (for the 2019 method). The 2020 method gives the best results usually, but if you have tried it?
You need to be removing the FHM (H is for head) file to see a change (unless overwrite morphs is checked, not that I recommend that as it is so slow).
Well, I tried a bunch of settings down to 0.0005 on 2019, the one that gave the best result (posted above). I did have overwrite on, so it wasn't all in my head :D
I also understand now my confusion re: the FHM. Paige is a victoria 6 based character that has no custom body. It applies 30 % victoria 6 and then adds body morphs from the gen 2 morph pack to it. No FBM being created.
The head, otoh, applies 30 % vicky 6 and the "sc_paige" morph at 100. Sc_paige morph is not being recognized as an FHM.
The character also applies pupil and iris size morphs which are getting ported over (not sure if there are no corresponding ones or if the naming has been changed).
I was ecstatic when I discovered this, since I assumed that the eye morphs would be the culprits. Unfortunately, they weren't, the results were identical from a character preset saved without them.
Now I'm wondering it the issue is the sc_paige headmorph and the fact that it isn't getting recognized as an FHM one? Any further ideas? I did port over vicky 6, which worked just fine.
Late edit: I verified everything else ports over fine and its indeed SC_Paige, the non-FHM head morph, that causes the distortion.
There is a field in the options where you can specify the string to look for (that the morph name starts with). You could try changing that to get the script to recognize it.
Unfortunately, that didn't help, the results were identical (but thanks for pointing out what I had gloriously missed!).
FWIW, I took a stab at taking Paige to genesis 3 with genx2, and that worked fine AFTER I removed the separate eye morphs that didn't seem to have an impact on the g8 conversion (I also use sloshwerks's clone instead of the default one, but that's one of the reason I'm trying to get rid of the damn thing).
[Released] Character Converter from Genesis 2 Female to Genesis 8 Female [Commercial]Trying out the tool with Paige: https://www.daz3d.com/paige and just can't seem to get the eyes become anything I would consider even close to circular. Tried 2020 several times and got probably the best result, attached, with 2019 and really low tolerance. Ideas? I
've just been removing "sc_paige/RSG2FPaige" from the morphs, am I missing a file and staring at the same conversion with imagined changes? :D
How low was the tolerance? Pushing it down to as low as it can go and not go to zero helps (for the 2019 method). The 2020 method gives the best results usually, but if you have tried it?
You need to be removing the FHM (H is for head) file to see a change (unless overwrite morphs is checked, not that I recommend that as it is so slow).
Well, I tried a bunch of settings down to 0.0005 on 2019, the one that gave the best result (posted above). I did have overwrite on, so it wasn't all in my head :D
I also understand now my confusion re: the FHM. Paige is a victoria 6 based character that has no custom body. It applies 30 % victoria 6 and then adds body morphs from the gen 2 morph pack to it. No FBM being created.
The head, otoh, applies 30 % vicky 6 and the "sc_paige" morph at 100. Sc_paige morph is not being recognized as an FHM.
The character also applies pupil and iris size morphs which are getting ported over (not sure if there are no corresponding ones or if the naming has been changed).
I was ecstatic when I discovered this, since I assumed that the eye morphs would be the culprits. Unfortunately, they weren't, the results were identical from a character preset saved without them.
Now I'm wondering it the issue is the sc_paige headmorph and the fact that it isn't getting recognized as an FHM one? Any further ideas? I did port over vicky 6, which worked just fine.
Late edit: I verified everything else ports over fine and its indeed SC_Paige, the non-FHM head morph, that causes the distortion.
There is a field in the options where you can specify the string to look for (that the morph name starts with). You could try changing that to get the script to recognize it.
I'm still doing a Manual InstallI'm so thrilled that I can find things after I've sorted out my content. I solved the problem where the file manager kept crashing. I need to have one window open on one eternal drive, then open another window on another external drive. I can copy between drives.
I placed the original zip files for my content on an external drive that I call "Scratch." I use another external drive for my finished "Runtimes." I drag & drop everything where I want it. I made the process easier by creating folder templates. (Ex: Victoria 4, Characters V4, Clothes V4, etc. The templates make a quick and easy way to sort out all those pesky "Pose files" for the 3rd Generation characters (Victoria 3, Michael 3, etc.)
New store software before the end of the yearIt is 2020 people. Software for migration is on a level that is totally different than it was in the stone age when the last migration took place. I imagine there will be hiccups and bumps in the road, but not a disaster. And the end result SHOULD be a better functioning website, which I think we can all agree this place could use. If the nicest thing somebody can say about the current site is "Well at least it functions", that is really, really sad. It needs to be updated and be brought into the current decade. This site already crashes pretty frequently and coughs up 404 errors, so I don't think dreading short term crashes from the migration is very logical.
Right now, I am looking at the People and Wearables sets that are being offered for free with the new Kwan bundle. I have it set to sort by "New Arrivals". Yikes this is bad. So Victoria 4 Starter Bundle was apparently released before Brute 8? Hmm...didn't know that. There is absolutely no order to this page! Genesis Evolution Shapes, which is Genesis ONE is also on this page, along with various Genesis 2 bundles, with some Genesis 3 and 8 sprinkled in. What is the deal with this? The sorting function doesn't even work at all. Just look at this, is there any form of coherency to this?
And again, as I have said before, how is a new Daz user supposed to understand what they are seeing in front of them? Somebody who would not understand that Victoria 4 is 4 generations old? Maybe they do, but then Genesis Evolution shows up, is that for Genesis 8? If Genesis doesn't list a number, then maybe it works on all Genesis models! You are confusing new people pretty hard if they get sorting like this.

This doesn't end here. There are certainly other instances where this happens, and there are 20+ pages of content. When you have many pages, you kind of want them to be organized. In some way. Any way. Sheesh. If they cannot be bothered to sort properly, then why would I bother to rummage through them all? This place has some 25,000 products.
Somebody wrote about Costco placing roasted chicken in the back of the store so people can walk by other things along the way. There is a small truth to this, but do note the snack bar is still at the front with their also very famous $1.50 hotdog and drink combo. Plus the space needed to cook the chicken would conflict with the front. They use their chicken in other things like salads and soups, and they need a larger space. By having the chicken separate from the front snack bar, it serves to separate raw chicken and other ingredients from the snack bar location from cross contamination. That is actually a bigger factor in this equation. After all, if it is about making customers browse, why not put the snack bar in the back, too? Anyway, if Costco did it like Daz, the roasted chicken would be in a new location every week, and forcing people to search for it. If Costco did that, it would make their shoppers pretty angry. So although the chicken is in the back, it is always in the same predictable location. And I'll also note that Costco doesn't do insane stacking sales, either. If something is on sale, no coupons are needed, they just take a set amount off the item price, period. It's so simple! What a crazy idea that is.









