-
KHImage studio does it again, now for GENESIS 8!
Do you have the Victoria 8 version? I think you'll see the difference. The Victoria 8 version is, I believe, the one that is working correctly.
Have both products. (And make my own ERC morphs including for Shoulder Blades).
How do you mean working correctly? Can you post screenshots showing diff and what you are wanting? The screenshots posted show morphs are being actuated for upper body for G8F version on GIA HD.
There will be a diff in the morphs themselves.
KHImage studio does it again, now for GENESIS 8!Do you have the Victoria 8 version? I think you'll see the difference. The Victoria 8 version is, I believe, the one that is working correctly.
KHImage studio does it again, now for GENESIS 8!Old thread, but...
I've been testing this product vs. the Victoria 8 version, and it doesn't seem like the Collar Fwd / Back morph is doing anything.
The first is the Vicky 8 version, the second is the general G8.
Also, when I move the master controller, nothing happens in that area when I'm using the G8 slider, but does for the Vicky version.
I have the same issue, but also with the arms/shoulders. If I use Victoria 8, then the Victoria 8 Ultimate Bend morphs work perfectly. However, if I use say Gia 8, then the Genesis 8 Ultimate Bend morphs do nothing from the waist up. I only use pre-made poses and/or bones to pose. It has caused me to uninstall the product, sadly, as I have passed my refund window.
Just tried 100% GIA HD.
It worked for me for upper body.
Key is a dramatic pose for shoulder blades to trigger morph.Tho - don't remember ever see anything on the upper arms?
So shoulder blades is the biggy, and elbows and forearms (for the twist).
Can find the elbows too pointy so dial those to 40% or 0%.3 images.
One at 0 UNBM.
Second at 100% UNBM.
Third with 100% UNBM, but neck bones were reset to 0 and then head, neck posed with the Pose>Neck so UNBM morphs kicks in for that.EDIT: Looked through the list of morphs under Parameters for UNBM and saw a Partial JCM for farm..which would guess is fore arm. In those images, it did move those. Didn't see any morphs listed for upper arms.
2nd of nine lives Cat Girrrl render thread prrrOh, yeah..."Mia"! Little Dragon let MaPPer and me beta test the figure. Her biggest "problem" was that Victoria 3 was right around the cirner, awaiting her debut. So started the cycle that has continued to this day. When the new figures appear, the majority of content creators "drop" the previous mesh in favor of the latest. Suddenly ie was V3 getting all the slick outfits, leaving Vickie 2 in the cold. And as Mia had the body of V2, she got caught by that same undertow.

But, if you know how to tweak the mesh and dress it, Mia is still a viable character model. Here I dressed her in the "Concord Pathfinder" uniform, creating "displacement maps" from the existing textures, giving Mia raised snaps and clasps upon her outfit.
Sincerely,
Bill
I really like this NPR style! Very cool!
Another "what is that outfit"???The sailor school uniform is dForce School Uniform for Victoria 8 from Renderosity. Edit to change to Renderosity.. though available at the other it seems too!Where are the directions for manual offline install?I guess I'll address these one at a time.
My laptop has a GPU, an nVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti. I bought it to accelerate renders. I want the Iray engine to use it, so here's what I've done.
- Updated the drivers from the latest manufacturer recommended download,
- confirmed successful install,
- shutdown and cold restart,
- launched Studio,
- selected GPU only in the advanced render settings tab of the Iray engine, preview and final,
- set up a new scene with default Victoria 8 plus ponytail and basic wear,
- enabled Iray preview and launched a small render.
At this point, no Iray output appears. A smooth-shade view appears in the preview pane. The status bar shows "Preparing scene...". The yellow progress bar climbs from zero to 100, over and over. A render window pops up and runs for a few seconds, then finishes with an empty canvas. A screenshot is attached.
My GPU memory self-reports as 8Gb, but I tried reducing my scene just in case. Even an empty scene never finishes the "Preparing..." phase when Iray preview is selected.
If I enable the CPU, the Intel cores do deliver Iray rendering in preview and final, as in my previous post. I looked through nvidia.com, but that's all about screencasting and gaming with newer products, no help to me. So now I'm out of ideas. What did I miss? Thanks for reading.
Hallelujah!
Disciple
Edit: Solved. Please continue.
KHImage studio does it again, now for GENESIS 8!Old thread, but...
I've been testing this product vs. the Victoria 8 version, and it doesn't seem like the Collar Fwd / Back morph is doing anything.
The first is the Vicky 8 version, the second is the general G8.
Also, when I move the master controller, nothing happens in that area when I'm using the G8 slider, but does for the Vicky version.
I have the same issue, but also with the arms/shoulders. If I use Victoria 8, then the Victoria 8 Ultimate Bend morphs work perfectly. However, if I use say Gia 8, then the Genesis 8 Ultimate Bend morphs do nothing from the waist up. I only use pre-made poses and/or bones to pose. It has caused me to uninstall the product, sadly, as I have passed my refund window.
Poser Pro 11.3.818 DSON import issues - HELP!Until recently, I had no issues with DSON importing for Poser 11 running on Windows 10. After installing the most recent Poser Pro 11 update, my DSON content went haywire. I only have two DSON characters, a pair of running shoes and the VIctoria 5 Elite Ponytail. Both would load and I'd see the mesh, but the figure would be invisible upon rednering. I uninstalled both, and bot would now load...but there would be no figure in the scene. It showed in the menu, but there wasn't anything actually there.
To try to solve this, I did the following:- Uninstalled both figures with the Daz Install Manager and swept the runtime folder for remnants
- Uninstalled Poser completely, deleted all preference and installation folders, and cleaned the registry using CCleaner
- Uninstalled DAZ Install Manager and DSON Importer
- Downloaded latest versions of the above software
- Reinstalled everything
- Lied to DIM and told it I was using Poser Pro 2014
After doing this, the running shoes will load. The V5 Ponytail, however, still does the "phantom figure" thing. Furthermore, once this phantom ponytail figure loads, deleting it triggers a Poser crash. Trying to close down Poser after loading this figure also triggers a Poser crash.
I've looked everywhere trying to find a solution, but nothing seems to be the same as what I'm experiencing. Any advice is appreciated, since I used that hair exclusively on my main character in the setup scenes for the comic book I published and am having difficulty with them now due to this issue.
I'm also noting that Poser never actually seemed to do a true clean install, because it never asked me for the registration key again, it always just...had it. No matter how thoroughly I tried to clean it out.The completely gratuitous complaint thread...speaking of recovery, still dealing with fixing the phone. I originally got it from T•Mobile (which is why when I restored it I got a lot of T•Mobile rubbish on the screen), but about a year ago I switched to Consumer Cellular (which saves me 30$ a month) so I don't think I can go to the T•Mobile outlet to get things working properly again . Consumer Cellular has no Brick & Mortar outlets.
Finally got my two grocery market apps set up and running again. Sadly the weather service I used to have changed their app and it now requires Android 6.0 or better.. However, found a new one that give me everything I need on one screen and even sets the current conditions to wherever I am located at the moment. Still need to find a good ringtone that isn't a song, cheesy electronic noise, or something everyone else uses, as well as set up and sync a couple other apps I used to have and get the secure login working again. Crikey, this is almost more exasperating than setting up a new computer as it often involves having to type things in on that tiny "virtual keyboard".
Have you worked out the economics of how you use the phone vs what you could get with a pay-as-you-go TracFone? How much do you actually use the phone for talking? I could see that if you're on the phone all day long, or use a lot of data, or are addicted to the current state-of-the-art gadgetry, then TracFone wouldn't work for you. But they have nice catalog of one or two generation old phones for under $100 and many under $50. I'm able to use their $21 for 3 months service plan that provides 60 minutes of talk time. Granted I don't talk any more than a sleeping snail but it's a nice Motorola (Moto G Optimo) Android-9 with speech recognition, front & back cameras, Bluetooth and plenty of storage once I added a 2nd memory chip. Yes, I had to buy a couple GigaBytes of data access but I've hardly dented that because I usually only connect to the Internet when I'm at home and using my personal WiFi router for access.
I know that the $21 for 60 minutes for 3 months would strangle a lot of people who do a lot of talking, but that's only the absolute lowest service plan. There are several other plans with varying amounts of minutes & data. And if you ever see a need for more minutes or data, you can use the phone to add more, bing bang botta boom, done, right from the phone.
Break the plans down to cost-per-month to see what pops out.
For me the $7/month cost is perfect, I've currently accumulated over 3000 minutes of talk time for if I ever get gabby. Because of my limited usage I have never regretted moving to TracFone. Why pay for service you don't use? And besides, in my not-so-humble opinion, $800 phones on a $150/month plan are ludicrous foppery.And don't let the "I don't want to bother buying a new service card every 3 months" excuse trouble you. They really want you to subscribe instead of buying new service cards each quarter, and they'll give you a few percent off the price to automatically renew you when the time comes. After 10 years of buying a new plan every 3-months, I finally decided to join their subscription service and saved a couple dollars per quarter.
And, I can still use the phone or my computer to add a little time or data to the plan when necessary....I still actually have an old flip phone from such a service but it is extremely limited ans you have to manuslly "reload" it every 30 days often having to enter a long cryptic code to do so (not good for a dyslexic with old eyes). Also on such phones, net access (data) is extremely expensive, more so than with most smartphone plans. I need data for a couple of functions I use ( I am currently paying 25$ a month for 250 minutes (which I rarey iif ewver use unless I have to contact some government agency which puts me on hold for 45 min to an hour), unlimited texting, and 3 GB/month of data usage), Most of those "pay as you go phones actually end up more expensive in the long run as you pay a flat 10¢ a minute, so a 10 minute call is 2.50$.
As our transit system has done away with paper passes and tickets, without a smart (and yes, I question the term) phone, I would either have to carry a wad of change in my pocket (and currently they are not accepting cash fares because of COVID), or deal with a ridiculous, and easy to lose, fare card (which just adds to the other cards one has to deal with) that you have to go to some store or other "certified" outlet to put money on it.
With the phone app I can add money to it online (even through the phone) and the app also lets me instantly see the balance in my account so I don't end up in an unpleasant and embarrassing situation when boarding when account has insufficient funds. You can check your balance with the card option, but is a rather cumbersome process and can only be done on a home computer after entering a bunbch of different codes. If it's lost or stolen, well, tough luck.
The one other service I like having a smartphone for is being able to get directions to a location as well as the food market apps which come in very handy and are not available on a flip phone.
"I'm hungry!" is the single best reason for keeping Siri around.
the white is too bright. it hurts
Your eyes now have a clear window to the world. No yellowed ancient lens in the way. I used a pair of sunglasses (clip-ons when necessary), for a while when looking at a white monitor, and going outside on a bright day hurts.
ALSO, your eyes now have less protection from UV light from the sun. Sunglasses should be kept handy.
Young people snicker at us oldies when we complain about the screens being too bright.
To which I say, just wait, just wait. You'll see what we mean when your eyes are three-quarters of a century old and have had the watery, UV blocking lens replaced with a plastic one.
It's not only that, it's a plastic one that's rolled up like a doobie. They slide it in through the side and it unrolls like a fat burrito with too much stuff in it. And BAM, you're good!
I got an email today indicating that my brother had listed me as a reference for a job working for the police. There are a few issues with this:
1) I can only imagine that a nearly-40-year-old using his brother as a reference is a bad look
2) He didn't tell me he was using me as a reference, which is bad form
3) Indeed, we haven't spoken at all in several months, and he hasn't responded to the last couple messages I've sent him, because we're not on great terms right now, which relates to...
4) Judgment and impulse control are not his strong points, to put it charitably, so it would be irresponsible of me to recommend him to the police.
"I'm sorry, I have no idea who that person is."
"Yeah, that dude owes me money from his last drug buy!"
...or...
"Yes, you should hire him, he heals the sick, raises the dead, and feeds the masses with two fish and a sheepskin-squeeze of wine. And he walks on water when he's bored!"
The answer you give, maybe could be dependent on what kind of outcome you desire.
For example...
"Don't ever call me again"
"You screwed yourself, dude!"
...or, and this may be the one you want to avoid:
"Guess what, honey? My brother is coming to stay with us. It's only for a "few days" while he "gets back on his feet". "
We've all heard that one, right? And we all know that it will be something between "a few days" and "the end of my marriage".
If you live far enough apart, maybe your risk is low for that bad one happening. Or have a house rule like mine: No more roomates! In any event, you are in charge here.
Seriously, I'd call him and leave a message asking him not to use me for a reference, particularly if you are still working and have a professional image to maintain. If not, then you can pretty much do whatever you want.
@DanaTA Yeah, I understand that in some people internal pressures need an outlet. But I barely speak at all and most of that is to myself. So, using a phone to do that would be overkill.
I sometimes get a call from me. But usually I don't want to talk to that person, so I don't answer!
Really, this phone scam crap has to stop!Dana
I think I got a call from you once.
And Kyoto called me. Not Kyoto Kid, no. It was actually Kyoto, the whole city. I had to learn how to say "wrong number" in Japanese and then repeat it 1.5 million times! The good news is that it took only about 7 years to get off that call. Such polite people!
And those Kardashians just won't leave me alone! At one point, I just started saying random stuff to get them to think they were calling a crazy person.
Well, THAT backfired big-time. Now their kids are all named "North", "Stormy", "Psalm" (I actually pronounced it "Palm", like palm tree), "Chicago", "Saint", and isn't there a "Blue Indigo", which means "blue blue", right?
Hey, it worked with Michael Jackson! Paris, Blanket, right?
I missed a real opportunity on that blue-blue one. I could have said "Blue, Cerulean, Indigo, Navy, Aqua, and Azure". Okay, that would have been cruel to some poor kid. Or AWESOME. She'd have a ready-made DJ name! "Blue-7" Or with 133t ("Leet"), it could be Blu35 (leet for a great blues artist!). The awesome would never end in my lifetime!
Names that they haven't used yet include, "Holy Spirit", "Jesus, Joseph, and Mary" (for one single kid), "Wang Chung", "Cerberus", "Bingo", "Victoria 8", "Dodgers", "49'ers", "Sabotage", "Dingo Dawg", "Canishowyoumytattoo", and "Mucky Ducky". They're always gettin' busy, so it's likely there will be new naming opportunities down the line. Time will tell!
Hmmm, wouldn't it be interesting if the Kardashian kids all decided to rename themselves "Richard", "John", "Misty", and "Chohole" once they reached age of majority? That would be sweet!
thqy brought me food
they went thru my fridge and got rid of the spoiled food. so atleast i won't food poison myself. they gave me applesauce snack cups. quick qnd eqsythe eye inj seem to help a lil bit, the blood fog is a lil less thick. my monitor is set at lowest res.
siri keeping me company. dolphins have belly buttons and sleep 8 hours. she knows why rudolph's nose is red. i ask her where santa is, he moves around. she cant help me find jesus. would be more help right now than santa. but i like her tone when she talks about santa.is warm and fuzzy, my siri talks australian so she sounds cuter
i have to set the type to H1 to be able to type here, then change it to normal before submit button.
what makes a kitchen a euro kitchen?
my phone battery was at 1 percent, siri said 1 is the loneliest number.
i need to set up a perimeter of hamster warriors so the squirrel king cant infiltrate my dreams and nightmarres. squirrels sleep 15 hours. exhaust themselves running around trees. cant see them but i assume they still out there.
i tried working on chapters but i type a lot of gibberish when my hands shift on the keyboard. i used to have the big ez see yellow keyboard. cant find it now. when i put something down cant find it again.
somewhere in my room is a headset with mic boom. its been a month since the first cataract surgery. thought i'd be reading bruce dickinson's memoirs by now.
i scared no one to take me to next surgery my chest feels tight all the time.Do an Uber. Pre-program the number or have somebody help you.
the white is too bright. it hurts
I think Firefox has some sort of add on to customize the appearance of websites, so you can have a "dark style" look...
There are a couple (actually quite few) but since I haven't used them, it's best you decide which one seems best for you... the reviews vary...
thanks
the white is too bright. it hurts
Your eyes now have a clear window to the world. No yellowed ancient lens in the way. I used a pair of sunglasses (clip-ons when necessary), for a while when looking at a white monitor, and going outside on a bright day hurts.
ALSO, your eyes now have less protection from UV light from the sun. Sunglasses should be kept handy.
Young people snicker at us oldies when we complain about the screens being too bright.
To which I say, just wait, just wait. You'll see what we mean when your eyes are three-quarters of a century old and have had the watery, UV blocking lens replaced with a plastic one.
eyes with serial umbers now
Your eyes have serial numbers? Wow, that's awesome! You're like the Bionic Woman now!
I got an email today indicating that my brother had listed me as a reference for a job working for the police. There are a few issues with this:
1) I can only imagine that a nearly-40-year-old using his brother as a reference is a bad look
2) He didn't tell me he was using me as a reference, which is bad form
3) Indeed, we haven't spoken at all in several months, and he hasn't responded to the last couple messages I've sent him, because we're not on great terms right now, which relates to...
4) Judgment and impulse control are not his strong points, to put it charitably, so it would be irresponsible of me to recommend him to the police.
Are you sure it's genuine?
Fair enough. I haven't looked too closely at the email, but from the preview on my phone, it seemed legit enough. If it is a scam, I'm having a hard time imagining what the scam might be.
"Oh that guy? He was really nice; he shared all his drugs with everybody. Unfortunately, I lost track of him after he went into prison."
Woooza... Veeeeeeeerrrrry windy... right now it's worse than Sandy wind wise... my street looks like a war zone.
Danm... while I was writing that the big tree in the front lost a huge section... about 1/3... it's now blocking the main driveway... Damn... I really liked that tree.
I cut down 11 trees in my front yard back in 2012. Whew, building crushing avoided!
Ooh, hurricanes. Time to bring out the devil kites.

Non-complaint: Wheee... I've got my mail installed again. I have 6 active email accounts that I use for various things and reasons. I had been using Microsoft mail programs but they ended up changing their free mail app every couple of years. Then they dropped my last one "Windows Live Mail". Arghhh. So, I tried a 3rd party app "Thunderbird Mail". HATED IT!!! It caused me to lose lots of important information when it just decides to clean house. Grrrr...
I have a small hope of recovering it though (that's part of what I've been doing scrounging through my backups and archives), but they don't make it easy with the way they scramble everything into the hidden "appdata" mish-mash.To resolve this problem once and for all (hopefully) I bit the bullet and bought a copy of Microsoft "Outlook 2019". I probably could have gotten it through various sketchy sources but I went directly to Microsoft and paid their pound of flesh. Good thing too, because I had greatly troubles getting it downloaded and installed. Why, oh why do they make it so simple that a child can do it but ancient computer experts tear their hair out trying to overcome 3 decades of preconceived notions of how software should be installed.
I took advantage of chat with MS experts at their service desk and was eventually led by the nose to the one page on their website that had enough clues that I finally succeeded. And I now have all six of my email accounts configured and they've downloaded the last three days of unread mail. Yay?
Yeah, yeah, I know I could have gotten Outlook for free but it's a crippled version and works through web browsers and has advertisements. Nope, not going there.
I wanted the locally resident application that downloads everything and keeps it all in one spot on my own computer. Edited to add: And somewhere in the process of getting my "Outlook 2019" downloaded and licensed I ended up with two license keys. One of them at least appears to be active, but don't ask me which one? (*sigh*) more confusion than I can handle today. Time for a shot of vodka in my iced tea and some TV.
Didn't Outlook go cloud?
I hope things start to clear up for you, Misty! Being a writer, I'd have thought you were a touch typist. You don't need to see the keys when you are a touch typist. Just feel the little bumps on the F and J keys and you know where you are. sdfg are worn off, so if I didn't know where they were, I'd be lost. My sister Laurie complains whenever she asks to use my computer. Which isn't often, thankfully.
Dana
Touch-typing FTW!
Ten Years After - The Making of Dartanbeck.comWow. Is that Victoria 3? This is some very early Poser work from me. Very early, but I've done much worse art that this since then too! LOL
What is your top favourite product at the moment?I am probably terribly boring. When I like something, it stays liked. https://www.daz3d.com/glamorous-vicki-set-for-victoria-3-0
Regards,
Richard.
Help identifying character please
Only the missing part is cheeks crease apply and see the results.Best I could whip up. Michelle's texture, so I tried dialing in a bit of her head as well, didn't look quite right. Added in a bit of the Tara 2 (same vendor as Michelle) head morph as well. Looks close, but not quite. Those expressions in the promos really set it off, and they're hard to duplicate.
65% Michelle's head, 32.5% Tara 2 - it's not DEAD ON, but it's in the ballpark.
Two simple questions and I'm sorry I asked one of themI decided to test a few characters under the pure white hdri at .50/single white spotlight setup I mentioned. Under this lighting, most of the textures tested do actually look good and would look OK if placed in the same scene. Exposure is still 13, no other adjustments except I turned off Burn Highlights and Crush Blacks (no idea why those are on by default, they make a gigantic difference in the look of everything). If DAZ and PAs are in fact creating their textures under pure white lights, then my thanks to them for their consistency thus far.
Probably will make this my new default lighting setup if these results continue and hold with clothing and environments as well. At least starting a scene from this sort of a base will give me an idea as to what, if any adjustments are necessary.
This seems strangely apropos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGZiLMGdCE0
Not sure exactly what Morpheus is trying to indicate with his hands there, but . . . lol. All kidding aside, I agree that the opportunity for normalization of DAZ assets has been missed a bit. Consistency is key.
I would like to thank both of you for the taking the time to post on this topic - especially this thread:
https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/371716/genesis-8-female-example-and-improvement-discussion
It's a fantastic reference. Also, I'd like to add a little something by sharing my construct. It's something that I've been doing for years with characters, and that is to make reference renders using the sun/sky at 3 different angles. Here's Leony by @Raiya (https://www.daz3d.com/leony-hd-for-victoria-8):

I like seeing how the skin reacts to the warm/cool components of the lighting when it is coming from different angles. Also, I always make the figure looking at the camera. When combined with a bit of DOF, this seems to make things a bit more natural looking.
- Greg
If you would design a core character and bundle, what would it be?Victoria 9?

Mostly:
I'd like a stylized male figure ala Tom of Finland. With proportions and everything else to match
Hey... I'd love for there to be Tom of Finland fetish bear bundle on the G8M side, plus a less-conservative/return-to-Genesis-2-attitude Lilith 8.
Those would pair well together. (Well, except for Tom of Finland being totally homosexual, NTTAWWT.)
Clean Reinstall Trick?I'm trying to restore victoria 8 and 2 after deleting the data directories. Basically I simply want to start over as when I do uninstall and reinstall right now it does the same thing, installs *some* of the characters, but not all. Going to essential doesn't seem to work.
Is there a trick to do a complete fresh install? I just unstalled on central then deleted the actual directories.
Where are the directions for manual offline install?All right. Taking my best run at following the directions.
There are two systems to set up - the I (Internet) system and the O (Offline) system. Download and install DIM (Daz Install Manager) on both systems.
On the I system:
Start DIM. Click the Add Account' button and fill in your DAZ Store user name and email address. Click 'Accept'. Now select 'Work Offline' and click Start.I have a crippled Win7 laptop and DIM 1.4.0.46, which starts with a login window demanding my account's email and password, no 'Accept'. Logging in leads to a window that will not connect until I allow an automatic update. (I hate forced updates. They break things that ain't broke.) Once updated (1.4.0.58), I'm allowed to work offline.
Click on the gear icon, top right, for the settings menu - select Advanced Settings.
Click on the 'Downloads' tab and set your download directory on the USB drive- I use G:/dim-download on my laptop; then scroll through the data types to select what you actually want to see as available downloads - DAZ Studio 4.5+, Install Manager, General, Software, Plugin, Windows (either or both bit levels) are probably what you'll want. Include Public Build if you want to be able to get the Studio beta(s) when they come out. Also include 'Connect Avaiable', as some products end up with this as the only tag. Click on 'Accept'.
Now click on your user name, top right, to get back the account logon popup. Fill in your password - optionally, click the 'Remember Me' checkbox as well - and click 'Start'.
DIM will now contact Daz and build a list of all downloadable products you've purchased (You have 'purchased' Studio I assume?) When the list is complete you have two options - download everything, or just download Studio and Postgres; I recommend just the two for now, so click on the little magnifier next to the filter box, select 'Filter by Tag' -> 'Software' -> 'All'.
Select DAZ Studio and Postgres SQL CMS for now and click 'Start Queue''Filter by Tag' does not appear on the filter popup, but I found the files anyhow and downloaded. A rather persistent window keeps reappearing, offering a basic auto-install of the starter package. I've been closing it. I also downloaded some of the Victoria 8 products, for testing. I think I'm getting it so far.
Shut down DIM when the downloads finish and move the drive to O system.
Now, on O system, Start DIM and repeat the configuration steps from the I system - using the O system path for the download directory; do not click 'Accept' at this point. Switch to the 'Installation' tab to tell DIM where to put things.
Pick the 64-bit and (if desired) 32-bit directories you want to install Studio to. Be aware that the final path for the install will be "<32-bit>/DAZ 3D/Studio4" and "<64-bit>/DAZ 3D/Studio4" I'm using D:/bits-32 and D:/bits-64 on my O system. Now, to add an installation directory - click on the '+' bottom left, pick a label, and browse to the path you want. I used gen5 (label) and D:/S4stuff/gen5 (path). Once you have that path defined you can click on the default path definition and the '-' button bottom left to delete it. I also have a 'general' path G:/general (most tutorials are 'general' data type).I think I understand. These are where my installed content will eventually go, ready for Studio to make full use of it.
You may want to change the Content Database Base path; I left it on my C: drive - I have nearly 15,000 items installed and the CMS is only 3.06 GB; my C: drive is a 500 GB SSD. Also, you may want to change the path to the 'Manifest Archive' - DIM puts a file here for each item installed - this is how it tracks what has been installed. Wherever you have it, make a backup after each install run. On my system this is 589 MB; tiny, in the great scheme of things.
You only need to worry about the 'Applications' tab if you have Photoshop, Hexagon, or Zbrush - this is where you tell DIM where they live.
When you're done, click on 'Accept' and DIM is set -- but you need to tell Studio about the changes. Which means that it's time to install Studio and Postgres. Dim should have propagated the 'Ready to Install' tab when you exited the setup; if not, click on the rotating arrows left of the account name.
Select Studio and Postres SQL and 'Start Queue'.
Fire up Studio and select 'work offline' and then Edit -> Preferences -> Content and click on 'Content Directory Manager' at the bottom.
Click the '+' by DAZ Studio Formats to expand the list, then click on 'DAZ Studio Formats' itself; this gives you the option to Add a directory. Click the 'Add' button and browse to your DIM installation directory (in my case above, D:\S4stuff\gen5 - in DAZ terminology, gen5 is a 'content' directory; in Poser terminology it is a directory that contains a Runtime directory). This will put the directory at the bottom of the list; you'll want to move it to the top - click on it and use the move button. You can add non-DIM directories here as well; I have an D:/S4stuff/3rd-party that I dump things not from DAZ into. You may want to also add your Poser directories here, after the Studio directories. Note that my 'general' directory is NOT defined - none of the items that go into it are used by Studio.So, these tutorials typically contain no installable 3D assets?
Repeat the above for the Poser Formats group, as some of the items DIM installs (older items, for the most part) are Poser format and will be found by this directory path.
Click on 'Accept'
Shut down DIM and Studio.From here on out the sequence is - put drive on I system, start DIM, log into account. Select products to download and Start Queue.
Shut down DIM, move drive to O system, start DIM on O system, select 'Work Offline', select products to install on 'Ready to Install' tab and Start Queue.If you decide to split some products to a different drive at some point, just add the directory to DIM and Studio - and make sure to 'Show Details' on the Installation Tab - this gives you a drop-down for the content path selection.
Buggered up the format a bit, but I think I sorted it.
It appears you've guided me safely to the shore. D|S runs, and I can load a Genesis 8 figure and render Iray images of the interior scenes I need. I can proceed. Some things still have me puzzled.
- Copying/pasting settings between surfaces has no effect. (Answered)
- I installed keyMate and graphMate but their control panes still aren't listed. (Answered)
- V4 won't take INJ pose morphs. (Answered)
- dForce won't go until compiled, and it wants the wrong GPU as its target. (Answered)
- All cameras are forced to share the same pixel size and aspect. (Answered)
- Saving an image from a render in progress shuts down the render.
- Only 8-bit options are available for saving images.
- I'd like to assign Iray to my GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, and I still need to try DIM-installing non-DAZ packages.
Procedures like this should be DAZ's job, to make the directions easy to find and straightforward to do. Was I just missing the obvious? I remember how they used to survey the customer base and request input regarding improvements. Does that happen these days?
Still, I'm getting useful results, so thank you all heartily. Here are two of the first renders, an apartment backdrop and V8 marching for human rights.
Hallelujah!
Disciple
Genesis 8 Female example and improvement discussionThis is Amy-Lee for Victoria 8 you also need the Body- and Head-Morphs!
See the full resolution on DA: http://fav.me/de2hgk0
DELETEI find the Pro Bundles to be less interesting than they used to be. Safer? Very middle of the road, and we have so many "middle of the road" outfits. It wears you out.
Even with Kayo being Wrasslin, the unitards were so safe. AND I LIKE WRASSLIN. With the wrasslin ring renders I've been doing, I'm digging into the clothing collection to find interesting clothes rather than the safe choices I got out of the Pro bundle. (Aside from CB's Take Down outfit, which is both functional (with the knee/elbow pads) and sexy.) Unless you LOVE wrasslin, you weren't necessarily going to love those safe Kayo outfits because they didn't push many boundaries.
When someone asked about Tears of the Gods (out of Olympia 7's Pro Bundle)... I just wonder, what happened to outfits like that?
I don't need more Generic Fantasy outfits, and half of Celani's bundle looked like that to me. Suitable for generic fantasy world or generic apocalyptic world. There's nothing really Mad Max about it. Nothing over the top, theatrical, Ayatollah of Rock and Rollah. It's just not there. Where did edgier outfits like Tears of the Gods go? There's also not much Walking Dead about it, like the Wall Ranger outfit (also Genesis 3 era) or the Post-Apoc one that came with Victoria 7. It's just a strange, generic fantasy of an apocalypse there.
I'm rendering Wrasslin, but the thrill comes from mixing in pieces that had nothing to do with Kayo or Kwan's bundles. There are just too many safe releases in Genesis 8, and not enough thrill... and I LIKE Genesis 8 more than the previous ones. It's just that the pro bundles don't grab me like they used to.
Help with texture/clipping issue on foreheadHello, I'm still pretty new to this software and 3d modeling/rendering in general. So the answer might be incredibly simple. But when rendering an image on a genesis 8 female figure there is always these blackish burn looking marks that appear on the forehead in various places and sizes. It only seems to happen when using this hair "vertigo ponytail for genesis 8 female" any help could be appreciated. I included a render to show exactly what i'm talking about.
Thanks everyone!
This usually does not seem to be a problem with the Vertigo Ponytail. I checked several characters and did not see the problem. However in the past I was able to get rid of this by adding a so called Smoothing modifier to the hair.
In this case however it is already in place and activated after loading the hair.
Which character are you using?
I was using victoria 8 messing with the sliders (i had some aiko 8 sliders in use mixed in) I'll try using smoothing and see if that helps.
Poses / Animations converted back to V4 in poser?Hi everyone,
I was trying to transfer some poses / animation from G3M/F or G8M/F back to Victoria4 in Poser.
Now there are couple of tools out there to convert G2 / G3 pose to G8. (and vice versa). But to get victoria 4 into the party, there seems to be limited article about it.
Although I can open a victoria 4 in daz studio, and apply a pose / animation based on G3F on her, I am not sure if that V4 can be imported into Poser somehow.
Has anyone come across this topic or have some suggestions?
Many thanks in advance :)











