-
Legacy UVs for Genesis 3: Separate Products
No, H5 and F5 were just low sellers. UVs had nothing to do with it. But M5 had far more textures than the other ones to warrant separate products and were spread out between genesis 1 and 2 to transition between the generations.
Sigh. You can say this as much as you want, but the fact remains that there was almost no support for the UVs for any of the later Genesis characters. Why should there be when vendors had realized that they could use the V4/M4 UVs and then sell the character with a V4/M4 version included. I know you did one character for David so I'm guessing you used the D5UV, but beyond that, I think every other character that used the D5UV map was in the Pro bundle so that's what, six skins total that Cayman has done this to support? Given that there were even less for H5 and F5, I think that's a pretty reasonable cutt-off point.
Of course, I can't understand why people are grumbling about getting 4 legacy transfer sets for the same price that each of the previous ones cost by themselves.
The support came from the lack of sales of the ones you mentioned. Also in Genesis 1, many of the characters released used M4 and V4 as the UVs so that vendors could release characters for both Gen4 and Genesis. So no it wasn't from too many UVs. At least with Genesis 3 vendors are making textures that are for the current generation, not using previous generations that had issues of stretching. But there were a lot more unique M5 textures to go with the male while a lot of the females were V4. But still H5 and F5 (as well as D5) were low sellers, thus you haven't seen them in later generations, with DAZ saying Hiro is basically dead.
Any chance for Treadz for Genesis 2 & 3? (NOW IN THE STORE!)Are they here yet?
Are they here yet??
ARE THEY HERE YET????
If you don't behave I am going to pull this car over! LOL
The G2 set is done just started on G3. While you waiting have a look at the Iray materials.
Cheers!
LOL .... HHHMMMMMM ... I may have heard that a time or two as a kid while travelling. Have you thought of a boot that is taller with the same heel morphs as the Treadz? Something that goes up to just below the knee? Bad Kitten made these for V4 a ways back but still a favorite of mine. I know its a little late for the Treadz but maybe a future set of boots or maybe a taller morph? I love the Treadz for heroine boots and it seems more reasonable to give them a taller heel when they aren't trying to balance on a point the size of a pencil.
There is a KneeHigh morph that goes up to almost to the knee. You could run it past 100% and use the adjustment morphs for an even higher look.
Are they here yet?
Are they here yet??
ARE THEY HERE YET????
If you don't behave I am going to pull this car over! LOL
The G2 set is done just started on G3. While you waiting have a look at the Iray materials.
Cheers!
Oh My Goodness! This looks fantastic! I wasn't aware the boots could be lower than the calf! I may never need to buy another pair of shoes ever again. *drool*
Yep, this was a big change I did with the Genesis version. You can also do a type of shoes, guess I will need to do a better job of marketing.
Legacy UVs for Genesis 3: Separate ProductsNo, H5 and F5 were just low sellers. UVs had nothing to do with it. But M5 had far more textures than the other ones to warrant separate products and were spread out between genesis 1 and 2 to transition between the generations.
Sigh. You can say this as much as you want, but the fact remains that there was almost no support for the UVs for any of the later Genesis characters. Why should there be when vendors had realized that they could use the V4/M4 UVs and then sell the character with a V4/M4 version included. I know you did one character for David so I'm guessing you used the D5UV, but beyond that, I think every other character that used the D5UV map was in the Pro bundle so that's what, six skins total that Cayman has done this to support? Given that there were even less for H5 and F5, I think that's a pretty reasonable cutt-off point.
Of course, I can't understand why people are grumbling about getting 4 legacy transfer sets for the same price that each of the previous ones cost by themselves.
Corrective morphs not being masked by rigidity?And If you think about hidden JCM or MCM (ERC morphs) ,which auto follow for the clothings,, when you bend gen3 node, (pose figure)
I think there is no difference, between usuall shape morph and JCM or MCM s. after all, it is just a morph which auto-followed from source to target,
though they work only when node rotate, or other morph value changed by ERC, but once it is transfered to clothing, they have no ERC, just change value with souce Genesis3 morph. then rigidity map should mask these influence.
but to keep the cloth rigidity shape for actor posing,
after I set rigiditymap,, I must need adjust general weight map of the vertices (or poligons) which I hope to keep rigidity shape too.
maybe I set general weight about all vertex with same value. for the pose node. (eg color general wight 0.3 for abdoman, then color 0.7 for plevis about all vertex as rigidity area. as you know, rigidity map can not work about general (or triax weight map) defomation. it only mask and protect influence of atuo followed morph.
if you color general weight , with same value, these vertex can keep the shape with node rotation or sclale, though it may stretch same direction, with same ratio ,
but not corrupted and change shape much when posing.
Corrective morphs not being masked by rigidity?I believe you know more than me about rigidity map, and rigidity editor usage.
but When I test my shirt with genesis3, it seems work as same as before,,

Usually I must set rigidity map for References too. If I remove vertices, from rigidity references group, it never work.
but after I set rigidity Reference group, as same as Participants (most of case I assgin same vertex which grouped as Rigidity-Participants)
(of course I set reigidity weight in weight map) it work again, (then I believe, I must save the modifeid clothing figure ,again, and load it again
to see rigidity map modify effect,,, if I tweak rigidity weight, untill I save and load the clothing, I can not see the effect have changed)
Then did you tweak the rigidity map editor,? (which can change primary secondry, or third scale on and off, ,or some option with nodes,) work.
I can see, if I tweak these option,, it seems change the influence. clear with each option,
Though, I do not know,, each axis meaning, and how ds use these axis .and I can not Predict,, how it change the influence,
Untill I actually save and load and check it.
I know primary, or secondry meaning, but what determin, it is primary or secondry,,,, it should change with each morph..
or the assgined vertex local axis primory?
Legacy UVs for Genesis 3: Separate ProductsIs it possible to get just individual versions of the Legacy UVs for Genesis 3: Genesis Pack? I haven't bothered with any of the other characters so far and I'm not interested in buying an incomplete set where two of them are vendored on a different site and another two are completely excluded from production. I was planning on getting all the other ones (G2F, G2M, V4, M4, V5, M5, V6, M6, basically all the ones that we've seen/expect to see defaultly supported on the Genesis figures) in one swoop after they came-out. However, M5 is part of the pack and I'm not too keen of getting other G1 characters like S5, D5, and A5 if there's no H5 or F5.
Looking at the price compared to the previous prices of the other UV prices, you're getting basically 4 for the price of one with the latest product. Also the V4 product on the different site is probably to keep his store open at rendo as a backup for products not accepted here. Nothing wrong with that. If you want it, I wouldn't ask him to close his store just so you can get items in one place.
Also with H5 and F5, I can understand that as well as both only had one texture with no gens and related products fell back on either M5 or M4. I would just map transfer tool those. D5 had at least 3 textures. A lot of textures for G2F and G2M ended up being M5 or V5 to leverage them to genesis 1 as well.
Yeah, by the time H5 and F5 came out, the PAs had all figured out that no one was buying buying the additional UV sets and given up on supporting them, and for Genesis 2 it was pretty much base G2F/G2M here at DAZ while the G2 product sold at Renderosity was all hybrid product that used the V4/M4 UVs. As far as I can recall, AIko 5 was the last UV to get ANY support beyond the one that came with the base figure, and it would be rather ridiculous, and hardly cost-effective, to make converters for one UV each. In any case, I basically look at this as "buy M5, get D5, A5 and S5 as a bonus".
No, H5 and F5 were just low sellers. UVs had nothing to do with it. But M5 had far more textures than the other ones to warrant separate products and were spread out between genesis 1 and 2 to transition between the generations.
Legacy UVs for Genesis 3: Separate ProductsIs it possible to get just individual versions of the Legacy UVs for Genesis 3: Genesis Pack? I haven't bothered with any of the other characters so far and I'm not interested in buying an incomplete set where two of them are vendored on a different site and another two are completely excluded from production. I was planning on getting all the other ones (G2F, G2M, V4, M4, V5, M5, V6, M6, basically all the ones that we've seen/expect to see defaultly supported on the Genesis figures) in one swoop after they came-out. However, M5 is part of the pack and I'm not too keen of getting other G1 characters like S5, D5, and A5 if there's no H5 or F5.
Looking at the price compared to the previous prices of the other UV prices, you're getting basically 4 for the price of one with the latest product. Also the V4 product on the different site is probably to keep his store open at rendo as a backup for products not accepted here. Nothing wrong with that. If you want it, I wouldn't ask him to close his store just so you can get items in one place.
Also with H5 and F5, I can understand that as well as both only had one texture with no gens and related products fell back on either M5 or M4. I would just map transfer tool those. D5 had at least 3 textures. A lot of textures for G2F and G2M ended up being M5 or V5 to leverage them to genesis 1 as well.
Yeah, by the time H5 and F5 came out, the PAs had all figured out that no one was buying buying the additional UV sets and given up on supporting them, and for Genesis 2 it was pretty much base G2F/G2M here at DAZ while the G2 product sold at Renderosity was all hybrid product that used the V4/M4 UVs. As far as I can recall, AIko 5 was the last UV to get ANY support beyond the one that came with the base figure, and it would be rather ridiculous, and hardly cost-effective, to make converters for one UV each. In any case, I basically look at this as "buy M5, get D5, A5 and S5 as a bonus".
Ice Dragon Art WIP'sTaisha - Half Elf
Genesis - Rapture Morph and Mats
Mitsu Hair - UHT2 Hair Salon
MFD - Reign
She is a character for the story I am putting together - I will be posting the pictures with the very short stories that go with them on my deviant art account.

She looks great! I really don't play with the MFD as much as I should considering all of the texture sets and differing looks that outfit can have. I love the character. Is she one of your Randomized characters? She has an intriguing face. Really nice render.
Thanks! This character is Rapture - I picked her up in the Genesis sale yesterday for $2.60. No changes its all her morphs and make up. She has some lovely make up too including a full lacy eye mask.
Ah, well, at some point, I bought her. I don't think I've ever rendered her. I really need to stop buying so much until I render a substantial amount of my already full library! Of course, now that I have two more kids who will be getting braces in the next month or so, my spending is going to be cut dramatically so I will be rendering what is in my library more anyway. I think the only spending in my future will be PC+ club stuff.
lol I sooo know the feeling. I bought a couple of gift cards for the pa sale and the pc+ sale in the next couple of months and that will have to be it for me for awhile. I have a huge library thanks to last years two sales and I have barely scratched the surface. I need to finish going through and doing a quick portrait of each of the characters I have so I know whats what as well. across generations I think I have a several hundred. Which is downright ridiculous. But when they are on sale for less than $5....
Genesis 3 SuperheroesThis thread needs some renders, especially since the promos were so bland.
So here's a shiny, shiny, Nightwing. (the boots are actually from the Gen 2 Regency set)
The texture's by me because I can (sort of) do that. What I can't do are really nice consistent wrinkle morphs so I'm liking the morphs that come with the suit. Also, all the geografts are a nice way to have things end at a bunch of different lengths with nice proper turned edges.
The advantage of the Genesis supersuit was the numerous addons, this could certainly use some, I'd love some belts and body armor bits, On the other hand the Genesis Supersuit was a bit to reliant on shaders for my taste. the detail always seemed more painted on, wheras this version has nice mesh detail via morphs particularly for the cowl.
@timbales The suit comes with fit morphs for the shoes with them applied I tried a bunch of morph and couldnt set pokethrough. my guess is one of the fit morphs wasn't applied.
@j cade... will you please share that Nightwing?
G3F Morph packs that are merchant resourcesWell, I added a morph pack that isn't a merchant resource in addition to thorn's sets. Its the 200 morphs one by dogz. If people can require V7, A7, etc, surely I could say a person must must have this afforable morph pack. I loved skin builder pro and am waiting for the G3F version but getting this other stuff may take a bit so no rush. It would let me export settings probably or with an add-on. I could share free cistom characters legally with other tinkers as long as I make sure I pack the files right or just give settings etc. I don't think I have what it takes to do great promo pics and be a merchant ever, but I love playing with morph dials. If someone saw something and wanted to have it on their computer, it would be legally possible and not too expensive to own skin builder pro and third party morph packs.
Artist needed to Create 10 elfsWhat base you intend to do them on (G1, G2, G3?) Male/female? Just character or clothing as well? Gens/no gens? What skins you have available?
You can fairly easily create these 10 yourself. You would need the head / body morph packs for your Genesis of choice, and something like http://www.daz3d.com/creature-creator-for-genesis-2-male-s
or:
- http://www.daz3d.com/ej-fantasy-ears-for-genesis-3-male-s
- http://www.daz3d.com/earmatters-bundle-for-genesis-2-female-s-and-genesis-2-male-s
With the head/body morphs, you also could a pre-made elf and change the facial/bodily features by simply moving the sliders in the "shape" tab. Skins could be a problem, depending on what you have in mind.
Also, if you usually create more than one character and need a quick start, this is a very good investment: http://www.daz3d.com/simtenero-randomizer
Any chance for Treadz for Genesis 2 & 3? (NOW IN THE STORE!)Are they here yet?
Are they here yet??
ARE THEY HERE YET????
If you don't behave I am going to pull this car over! LOL
The G2 set is done just started on G3. While you waiting have a look at the Iray materials.
Cheers!
LOL .... HHHMMMMMM ... I may have heard that a time or two as a kid while travelling. Have you thought of a boot that is taller with the same heel morphs as the Treadz? Something that goes up to just below the knee? Bad Kitten made these for V4 a ways back but still a favorite of mine. I know its a little late for the Treadz but maybe a future set of boots or maybe a taller morph? I love the Treadz for heroine boots and it seems more reasonable to give them a taller heel when they aren't trying to balance on a point the size of a pencil.
Zbrush remembers rigging of G3F?If it is a temporary morph where the figures pose is already decided and you just want to do some editing for a render, then there is no need to rig the goz morph and your existing rigging in studio should be fine. But, if you change pose and your morph is still present you might want to rig it if its a change you plan on keeping and the area you are changing pose has the morph present in the same location. It also depends on what area it is, some might not require rigging. If you do a morph via GoZ, the rigging does not auto adjust to the new modification when sent back to Studio. If you want to save it, what you should do is save the GoZ morph as whatever you want, reset figure to Default, dial up only that modification, then rig that then save. Again this depends on what area it is. If for example it is a modification on the face, then rigging is definately needed or the facial bones will not follow your morph.
Now whenever you dial it with whatever other morph, the rigging will always follow correctly. Always look at what the figure bones do. If they do not follow your modification, it is not rigged. I never reverse deform because the GoZ sessions only brings back the changes you made so there is no need to use reverse deformations when using GoZ, because the modification is already isolated and does not need to be reversed out of any shape.
DAZ Studio and memory overclocksI'd expect a memory OC to help with faster transfers of data.
Since Iray only does that one large transfer to fit the whole scene onto the card, what you're seeing sounds right.
FBMExpandAll?Yes, it's much faster than collision detection, but, not all items seem to have it.
Does anyone know if this morph is created within Daz Studio, or must users create it outside of DS ?
I would like to create a FBMExpandAll morph for an item that doesn't have one.
I'm interested in knowing how the Daz content creators make it themselves.Zbrush remembers rigging of G3F?Yes, if it's just for a temporary morph (one pose for a render), just leave the Popup windows that appears when you use GoZ on ZB to send it to DS, and just, as Midnight Stories has said, tick Reverse Deformations (I think that's the name). And then, on the parameters tab, you'll see a new Zbrush subtab, click on it, and dial the Zbrush morph, and you get it exactly as you fixed it on ZB.
If you have made a morph, that you want to keep it, on the options when importing back to DS from ZB, type a name for the morph, choose or create a property group (this will tell DS where to show the morph on the tabs), reverse deformations again, and then, to store it, select the item that got the morph, and choose, save as > support asset > Morph Asset, then browse to the property group that you have chosen/created, and click on the morph(s), it will be there the next time you load DS.
Little Ones for Genesis 3 FemaleStupid question, but how do you make an extra dial? Can you also make separate head/body dials from a single character morph?
There is a tutorial here:
http://www.digi-dotz.com/index.php/free-poses/tutorials/daz-studio-tutorials/47-morph-in-daz-studio
And AFAIR you can't make e.g. a head morph from a single character morph that way (I think you have to mess with the mesh to do that).
Thank you!

I played around with the dials a bit yesterday, and the Little ones really add massively to the realistic "tween" gene pool. Not that they aren't cute by themselves. A really versatile product. I'm happy!
Pose needed for AM WolfNo, I have it in my wishlist. Just cannot afford it right now.
It's worth every penny. There's also a Husky morph by CGNZ and an expansion set by Design Anvil. There will be a PA sale in a month or two's time so you will be able to pick them up cheap then.
Cheers,
Alex.
Legacy UVs for Genesis 3: Separate ProductsIs it possible to get just individual versions of the Legacy UVs for Genesis 3: Genesis Pack? I haven't bothered with any of the other characters so far and I'm not interested in buying an incomplete set where two of them are vendored on a different site and another two are completely excluded from production. I was planning on getting all the other ones (G2F, G2M, V4, M4, V5, M5, V6, M6, basically all the ones that we've seen/expect to see defaultly supported on the Genesis figures) in one swoop after they came-out. However, M5 is part of the pack and I'm not too keen of getting other G1 characters like S5, D5, and A5 if there's no H5 or F5.
Looking at the price compared to the previous prices of the other UV prices, you're getting basically 4 for the price of one with the latest product. Also the V4 product on the different site is probably to keep his store open at rendo as a backup for products not accepted here. Nothing wrong with that. If you want it, I wouldn't ask him to close his store just so you can get items in one place.
Also with H5 and F5, I can understand that as well as both only had one texture with no gens and related products fell back on either M5 or M4. I would just map transfer tool those. D5 had at least 3 textures. A lot of textures for G2F and G2M ended up being M5 or V5 to leverage them to genesis 1 as well.
GoZ-like workflow for other modeling toolsAnother PA in another thread confirmed what I was thinking, and that's to use reverse deformation if you're using a posed figure (in Morph Loader Pro). If you use GoZ, you don't need to do this.












