• Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3D Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
    • Game Ready
  • Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions
  • Download Studio
  • Menu
  • Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3d Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
  • Community
    • Our Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

Loading...
Daz 3D Forums > Search
  • Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 11

    I'm in Central NJ and it's nearly six years since Sandy.  There are still displaced people and broken infrastruture.  There was damage to the NYC subway system that is still being repiared/  We lost power about thirty minutes into what seemed like the storm.  Twenty days later we got it back.  The cell towers that weren't damaged lasted about three days - most were back up within five days.  The storm was followed by two snowstorms including subzero weather.  We had natural gas, but no elecdtiricty to run the fans.  Motels and Hotels were booked almost to Ohio.  It was a case of a massive storm and an area supremely unprepared. There was a re-evaluation of what constitued a low-lying area, but it got political as insurance costs rose so much. You guys in the South are much more prepared, but this was a big one and the storm surge was massive. 

    An odd fact .. a good deal of Manhattan is below sea level...  certainly most of the subway system South of midtown.  They constantly pump the system to keep it dry.  When the pumps failed, some of the subways filled with seawater. 

    By

    escrandall escrandall October 2018 in Art Studio
  • ...End of line: Updated - Dead as a Doornail

    ...just a note, I look at services like GoFundMe & such as more important for dire and "life critical" situations, like not being able to pay medical bills or needing a life saving procedure that your insurance won't cover, Rebuilding a home damaged/destroyed by fire, a natural disaster or vandalism, or for a business startup that provides a necessary service in an area where it is needed.

    I'm not really looking at starting a business of my own as I tired doing that years ago and was stung by taxes.  I do not have good business savvy and only look at doing this as an "on the side" venture. All I want to do is tell a story (well a couple but have to do so one idea at a time), not make a living at it. I understand what a "meat grinder" the mainstream publishing industry is and am looking at alternatives to playing that game. Net based publishing has its pitfalls, namely that anyone can simply "right click" to steal things like images. Also reading text on a screen is very tiring. particularly as most computer monitors are oriented wrong for displaying a full page. I realise it will not be an easy road, which is why I am looking to create high art quality art prints based on the work to display at Sci Fi/Fantasy conventions & such, in a sense as a "physical portfolio" to show around. 

    Due to the nature of this storyline, there really is no "prequel" that can be written as past events which affect the central characters adn setting are part of the primary storyline and presented as flashbacks.  It wouldn't stand well on their own (for example, who would want to read a book about Leela and her family during her childhood before the invasion of her nation where there was little if any major struggle to deal with?). 

    That's cool. I'm just throwing ideas out there. Do your thing. If you know exactly what you want to do, go for it.

    By

    Kitsumo Kitsumo October 2018 in The Commons
  • ...End of line: Updated - Dead as a Doornail

    ...just a note, I look at services like GoFundMe & such as more important for dire and "life critical" situations, like not being able to pay medical bills or needing a life saving procedure that your insurance won't cover, Rebuilding a home damaged/destroyed by fire, a natural disaster or vandalism, or for a business startup that provides a necessary service in an area where it is needed.

    I'm not really looking at starting a business of my own as I tired doing that years ago and was stung by taxes.  I do not have good business savvy and only look at doing this as an "on the side" venture. All I want to do is tell a story (well a couple but have to do so one idea at a time), not make a living at it. I understand what a "meat grinder" the mainstream publishing industry is and am looking at alternatives to playing that game. Net based publishing has its pitfalls, namely that anyone can simply "right click" to steal things like images. Also reading text on a screen is very tiring. particularly as most computer monitors are oriented wrong for displaying a full page. I realise it will not be an easy road, which is why I am looking to create high art quality art prints based on the work to display at Sci Fi/Fantasy conventions & such, in a sense as a "physical portfolio" to show around. 

    Due to the nature of this storyline, there really is no "prequel" that can be written as past events which affect the central characters adn setting are part of the primary storyline and presented as flashbacks.  It wouldn't stand well on their own (for example, who would want to read a book about Leela and her family during her childhood before the invasion of her nation where there was little if any major struggle to deal with?). 

    By

    kyoto kid kyoto kid October 2018 in The Commons
  • Report sales errors here. Missed it? No worries. "There's Always Another Sale™"

    6:00 pm, there should be no new update until midnight.

    Couponia "massive" sale is over.

    ??????  Right, the store doesn't turn over (aka the day ends) for 6 more hours. (1am Central Time)  But not following- why would you think it's over? (Although it SHOULD be if they can't get it fixed.)  The coupon updates releases are probably automatic. You can program that in Magento modules.

    By

    Novica Novica October 2018 in The Commons
  • Report sales errors here. Missed it? No worries. "There's Always Another Sale™"

    So came here to check- and yep, as of 5:50pm Central, 8 is NOT working.

    And still invalid. This has been a frustrating day. 

    By

    barbult barbult October 2018 in The Commons
  • Report sales errors here. Missed it? No worries. "There's Always Another Sale™"

    So came here to check- and yep, as of 5:50pm Central, 8 is NOT working.

    By

    Novica Novica October 2018 in The Commons
  • FirstBastion's Upcoming Lineup [commercial]

    I really love your new set. I tend to work around my central character, and usually worry about the background in post. I had this whole piece done, everything lighting, poses, everything except the background and I had no idea what I was going to put it on. I decided to try your stream, and I popped it into the scene, and all I had to do was a tiny rotation to the set and start my render. Easiest set I have ever dropped in! Can't wait for the waterfalls! 

    By

    deathbycanon deathbycanon October 2018 in Daz PA Commercial Products
  • ...End of line: Updated - Dead as a Doornail

    So sorry this happened to you KK but please remember Everything happens for a reason, you just have to figure out what that reason is.

      Also, I have a confession ....   I have never made a backup of anything on my computers and I also have never had a HD fail and never lost anything, over the course of owning 5 desktops ( 2 of which I built) and 2 laptops.  Perhaps it is time I learned how to create a backup??!!

    Keep an eye on Best Buy daily deals. They launch at midnight Central Time (or around there) and often have 3TB, 8TB WD Passport / Easy Store external drives on sale. )  I have all my products on one external, and copied on the 8TB too. I don't use cloud storage because I have a backup of the backup. :) 

    KK-  if you are too discouraged to continue, all you can do is give it time and see if you feel the same way. If you lost your writing(s) then decide to tackle it again, you will probably recapture the feeling and scope, and may do even better. Just do what makes you feel better.

    By

    Novica Novica October 2018 in The Commons
  • [Updated to V1.3 - now MacOS support] FLUIDOS: a fluids simulator plugin for Daz Studio (commercial)

    Here I am to help you, Surody! wink

    Alberto is right, but just those adjustements won't suffice for a nice, narrow jet.

    Here's what you have to do:

    Create a Domain and a Source. In the Source parameters enable "Is Cuboid" and make all three sizes like 0.050 or less. Set your preferred velocity as you please but use only one direction. Since the source is going to be very small, I suggest you to create a "Placeholder" using a plane and parenting the source to it (Not the opposite!), this way you can see where it is and reposition it.

    Now, in the domain set the Cell Size to 0.50 (Lower parameters will take way longer calculation times), Subdivision 2,  Marker Particle Scale 3 (you can play a bit with that to change results), Surface Smoothing Value 1, Smoothing interation 10 to 15 (depends on how much you want the drops to be one single stream) CFL Condition 2 and PIC/FLIP Ratio 1.

    These are the basic settings for a narrow, unbroken single stream of water. No need to use doubled FPS, these will work fine with 30 FPS! wink

    If you make 10 or 15 identical Sources and position them in the right array, you can make a really nice shower. You can also make a water-pistol spray adding the Diffuse particles.

    One thing to keep in mind is that the drops will look "crazy" once they lay on a static surface like the bottom of the domain on a horizontal obstacle. To mitigate it (if you need) it's necessary to increase Subdivision level at cost of longer calculations. A solution for showering scenes is to create a very flat cube on the bottom of the domain, make it Fluid Mass and add a small Sink (matching incoming fluid amount) on the side to cancel the crazy drops and also have the effect of the water dripping on the wet surface.

    Starting from these base values, it's enough increase the size of the source to have a thicker flow, for example a bottle or a kettle pouring fluid.

    Works perfectly, thank you alot! I improved little bit on your idea with the placeholder and used a null object.

     

    yes Nice!

    Forgot to tell you that those values let you use up to Velocity 300.

    Thanks for these settings. I've been trying for weeks (off and on) to get a steady stream, but was just missing the mark. Your tips brought everything together.

    However, I'm now in pursuit of further refinement, and am trying to figure out how to make a short-duration burst from the emitter which results in a splatter, and continues following a surface based on viscosity.

    I've tried reducing the number of frames in the Domain (120 frame animation, Domain set to 60) but all that does is shorten the overall duration of the stream and subsequent collision and cascade effect. 

    (This next section is being typed as it pops into my head, so it may seem to be rambling, or it may actually reach a conclusion - we'll find out eventually. It's easier to talk it out than set up and render test scenes.)

    I suppose it could be done if the emitter were attached to an animated null parented to the Domain; the null moves from the point of origin to the intended surface, whereupon it begins emitting. The emitter can be set to begin at the frame where the null contacts the surface (or is in position just above, allowing room for the emitter to emit onto the surface), however, there's still the missing projectile.

    In the extreme, one could set a series of emitters along an arc (discovered by setting it to the aforementioned stream settings, then placing subsequent emitters along the relevant points in that arc), and set each one to begin when the previous one ends, so it gives the illusion of a projectile. But that's a ton of work, and may exceed the engine's capabilities.

    Alternatively, if the emitter were parented to a null placed at a central point between the source and the target surface and at the base of the scene, and the null were rotated on an axis, and the emitter left "snail trails" as the null rotated, then you'd have the arcing projectile, which would then emit onto the target surface once the rotation ended. However, the trouble there is that the emissions would collide with themselves during the rotation. Perhaps if it was set for a very low velocity, and set to emit away from the direction of travel? However, that may result in something similar to the plumes of smoke coming from the engines of a rocket as it ascends. I guess the question here is: will an emitter attached to a moving object whilst emitting cause the emission to scatter, as if one were flinging a paint brush at a canvas, or the classic "woman rising from the water and flinging her hair backwards" causing a water arc.

    By

    DrNewcenstein DrNewcenstein October 2018 in Daz PA Commercial Products
  • 32nd Daz3D Bryce Render challenge ### In The Dark Of The Night ###
    • 32nd Daz3D Bryce Render challenge

    •  

    • Now Sponsored by Daz 3D

    •  

    •  Theme for this challenge is   ###  "In The Dark Of The Night"  ###



                                                                               Another theme with so many different interpretations
    It can just be nighttime, it can be scary, or spooky full of ghosts or things that go bump in the night.  Or it can be a nice starry starry night, or nights can be romantic.



                                                                                                                     The Choice is yours
                                                                                                            Your imagination is the only limit


    This thread is the WIP thread, so you can post here to show us how things are coming along before the render is transferred to the actual Contest thread for judging. You don't have to do that.we collect up all the finished ones and make the thread, with each render given a number and title, but no artist name shown, so it's a blind judging thread for the judging panel.

     

    Rules

    • 
       
      All renders must be new renders.
    • 
       
      You can enter up to 3 renders.
    • 
       
      You must abide by the DAZ 3D forum TOS
    • 
       
      Imported content is allowed, but the render must be obviously a Bryce render.
    • 
       
      Post Work permitted, but please keep it to a minimum.
    • 
       
      Rules may be changed for subsequent Challenges, depending on the theme and the person who has selected it.
    •  

    Please don't post your entry renders anywhere else until after the Challenge is judged, as judging is done in a blind judging thread, so the Judges don't know who has done which image.

    Challenge ends Nov 30th 2018:- Midnight DAZ 3D time. 

    DAZ 3D Sponsorship, in the form of Store credit

    Ist place $30     2nd place $20     3rd place $15

    In addition DAZ 3D Store Credit will be given to the people whose renders are selected as the Honourable mentions,
    $10 for each of 3 honorable mentions

    We will also be offering a special prize for the render judged the best from a Bryce New User. DAZ 3D will add $10.

    Judged by a poll which will be set up at closure of the challenge.

    By entering this contest, you agree to allow DAZ3D to use any artwork you submit in any promotional materials they may choose.

    By

    Chohole Chohole October 2018 in Bryce Discussion
  • It's My Party and I'll Complain If I Want To Complaint Thread

    :sport:

    Those once "lovable losers", the Milwaukee Brewers defeated the Chicago Cubs 3 - 1 juat a short while ago today in a winner take all 1 game tiebreaker to win the National League Central Division and home field advantage throughout the NL playoffs.

    They looked to be fading out a couple weeks ago and even in danger of missing the playoffs again (last year they missed the postseason by one game), but suddenly woke up winning their last 8 games. and going 9 - 1 in the last ten games. 

    Love seeing the underdog on top.

    /sport

    By

    kyoto kid kyoto kid October 2018 in The Commons
  • Carrara Challenge 42 – PIONEERS – Dedicated to Eric Winemiller - Winners announced

    Before I vote, just want to express my deep gratitude to Eric Winemiller for the DCG supplements to Carrara over the years.  Always amazing.  Special thanks for the recent decision to make so many plugins free and open source.  Alberto, your choice to make DCG plugins central to this challenge inspired great results.  Appreciate your time and effort.

    As always, choosing was very difficult.  My votes are:

    Entry: 1, Title:  colonising Atlantis, Artist: th3Digit

    Entry:  # 12, Title:  In honour of Alfred P. Southwick (1826–1898) inventor of the Electric Chair , Artist: Headwax

    Entry 17, Title: Bruce Lee -- Like Water, Artist: LightofHeavem

     

    By

    Diomede Diomede October 2018 in Carrara Discussion
  • It's My Party and I'll Complain If I Want To Complaint Thread

    I found a 2 inch long scorpion in my shower this morning so I was late for work.  I dumped my crappy shampoo on it

    Where do you live? So I can never, ever go there.

    I live in Central Texas, but that is the first time in my life I have EVER seen one.. I don't know if the shampoo killed him.. I think it was bedhead shampoo ..i don't use it cuz it dries my hair out, I shouldv'e taken a picture of him.  McGyver  hahah yeah, I wonder if there is a toon scorpion I could put in a scene... with bedhead hair

    I have lived in Austin since 1989 and haven't seen any scorpions at my house.  Stay away from Krause Springs though.  Scorpions love the bathrooms there.

    By

    atticanne atticanne September 2018 in The Commons
  • It's My Party and I'll Complain If I Want To Complaint Thread

    I found a 2 inch long scorpion in my shower this morning so I was late for work.  I dumped my crappy shampoo on it

    Where do you live? So I can never, ever go there.

    I live in Central Texas, but that is the first time in my life I have EVER seen one.. I don't know if the shampoo killed him.. I think it was bedhead shampoo ..i don't use it cuz it dries my hair out, I shouldv'e taken a picture of him.  McGyver  hahah yeah, I wonder if there is a toon scorpion I could put in a scene... with bedhead hair

    Thanks to the Army, I spent three fun filled months in the Mohave desert and I never saw a single scorpion, thank goodness. I did see one tarantula though and I probably didn't sleep that night. I don't like the creepy crawlies. I'm not judging you on the shampoo either. I'm a logical person normally, but if I see a huge bug/spider and there's no bug spray nearby, I'm using whatever chemical I have handy "Tile cleaner? Yeah, maybe that'll blind him till I can go get the bug spray"

    ...this is just one reason  why I could never live in Arizona. the others are the heat and lousy transit.

    By

    kyoto kid kyoto kid September 2018 in The Commons
  • It's My Party and I'll Complain If I Want To Complaint Thread

    I found a 2 inch long scorpion in my shower this morning so I was late for work.  I dumped my crappy shampoo on it

    Where do you live? So I can never, ever go there.

    I live in Central Texas, but that is the first time in my life I have EVER seen one.. I don't know if the shampoo killed him.. I think it was bedhead shampoo ..i don't use it cuz it dries my hair out, I shouldv'e taken a picture of him.  McGyver  hahah yeah, I wonder if there is a toon scorpion I could put in a scene... with bedhead hair

    Thanks to the Army, I spent three fun filled months in the Mohave desert and I never saw a single scorpion, thank goodness. I did see one tarantula though and I probably didn't sleep that night. I don't like the creepy crawlies. I'm not judging you on the shampoo either. I'm a logical person normally, but if I see a huge bug/spider and there's no bug spray nearby, I'm using whatever chemical I have handy "Tile cleaner? Yeah, maybe that'll blind him till I can go get the bug spray"

    Ugg, i wouldn't want to camp in the desert!! .. My roomie also confirmed never saw any scorpions here .. and telling me I dragged them in from helping my friends move a few weeks ago.. then howed it get in the bathtub... so the roomies also confirmed that they didn't kill him.  I assumed yesterday that maybe they did, so its confirmed that soap doesn't kill a scorpion..but I did have a little hair gel/spray that I used too before I had dumped the shampoo in on him thinking that would stop him in his tracks.. so maybe he crawled off and croaked somewhere.. I went looking for his skeleton with a flash light and couldn't find him.  Usually hairspray works on cock roaches and hair gel/sprays..

    By

    PixelPie PixelPie September 2018 in The Commons
  • It's My Party and I'll Complain If I Want To Complaint Thread

    I found a 2 inch long scorpion in my shower this morning so I was late for work.  I dumped my crappy shampoo on it

    Where do you live? So I can never, ever go there.

    I live in Central Texas, but that is the first time in my life I have EVER seen one.. I don't know if the shampoo killed him.. I think it was bedhead shampoo ..i don't use it cuz it dries my hair out, I shouldv'e taken a picture of him.  McGyver  hahah yeah, I wonder if there is a toon scorpion I could put in a scene... with bedhead hair

    Thanks to the Army, I spent three fun filled months in the Mohave desert and I never saw a single scorpion, thank goodness. I did see one tarantula though and I probably didn't sleep that night. I don't like the creepy crawlies. I'm not judging you on the shampoo either. I'm a logical person normally, but if I see a huge bug/spider and there's no bug spray nearby, I'm using whatever chemical I have handy "Tile cleaner? Yeah, maybe that'll blind him till I can go get the bug spray"

    By

    Kitsumo Kitsumo September 2018 in The Commons
  • It's My Party and I'll Complain If I Want To Complaint Thread

    I found a 2 inch long scorpion in my shower this morning so I was late for work.  I dumped my crappy shampoo on it

    Where do you live? So I can never, ever go there.

    I live in Central Texas, but that is the first time in my life I have EVER seen one.. I don't know if the shampoo killed him.. I think it was bedhead shampoo ..i don't use it cuz it dries my hair out, I shouldv'e taken a picture of him.  McGyver  hahah yeah, I wonder if there is a toon scorpion I could put in a scene... with bedhead hair

    By

    PixelPie PixelPie September 2018 in The Commons
  • No DAZ email today? Now on day 2?

    I got onre today and it was several hours later than usual. i'm in Central time, USA

    By

    fastbike1 fastbike1 September 2018 in The Commons
  • No DAZ email today? Now on day 2?

    I finally got mine too.  I usually get mine around 1 to 2 AM Central time.  Got todays at 10:44 AM this morning.  Never got yesterdays sale email.

    By

    billyben_0077a25354 billyben_0077a25354 September 2018 in The Commons
  • Carrara Non Photo Realistic Works

    Wow, Mindsong, you too are more than generous but many thanks - I'm very pleased that you like it.

    Just before the final image I thought I had finished but realised that two of the mushrooms needed moving out of alignment with the central figure.  Before making that change, I put the image through fotosketcher filters.  This one is the Bilateral filter:

    By

    Hermit Crab Hermit Crab September 2018 in Carrara Discussion
Previous Next
Adding to Cart…

Daz 3D is part of Tafi

Connect

DAZ Productions, Inc.
7533 S Center View Ct #4664
West Jordan, UT 84084

HELP

Contact Us

Tutorials

Help Center

Sell Your 3D Content

Affiliate Program

Documentation Center

Open Source

Consent Preferences

JOIN DAZ

Memberships

Blog

About Us

Press

Careers

Bridges

Community

In the Studio

Gallery

Forum

DAZ STORE

Shop

Freebies

Published Artists

Licensing Agreement | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | EULA

© 2026 Daz Productions Inc. All Rights Reserved.