• Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3D Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
    • Game Ready
  • Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions
  • Download Studio
  • Menu
  • Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3d Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
  • Community
    • Our Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

Loading...
Daz 3D Forums > Search
  • Overbite, underbite and other non-perfect teeth

    Since we have a few options for giving figures orthodonic braces, as well as shapes for children, teens and adults wouldn't it make sense to give artists options for the "before" stage of that dental work? For that matter what about people who haven't had that kind of dental work are are now adults? For that matter what about having visible amalgam fillings? (I was a patient at a dental schol who would use amalgam on buccal fillings for bicubids on back.)

    I can find plenty of "snaggle teeth" and a gap in the central incisors but not like for someone like myself or my sister who had an overbite or the underbite common to someone with a weak chin.

    What set this thinking off is I'm working on an image for a character from a novel who grew up with a major mental illness and I can't imagine her staying put in a dentist's chair for even a simple exam, much less put up with braces.

    By

    panton41_dfeb1322a2 panton41_dfeb1322a2 February 2019 in Product Suggestions
  • Why are fantasy characters always caucasian?

    I cannot see why we cannot have a Japanese werewolf or an African Vampire either, I have seen both in movies and no werewolves or vampires in real life.

    Zephyr, who was an add-on accompanying the recent Tasha 8 release, is a vampire character with African features. Jiang Shi seems to be an Asian demon (although her features look a bit Caucasian to my eye); I can't remember if she was included as an add-on with one of DAZ's figure releases, or if she came later.

    Some PAs have created non-Caucasian figures with monstrous variants. For example, EJ Hiroshi includes a 'vampire' option (material only; no fangs, as far as I can see). EJ Tamako is an interesting one; her Ghost Moriko variant seems to be an effort to create a specifically Asian-looking ghost/demon character.

    I think the problem is that DAZ's marketing efforts mostly involve archetypes (heroic fantasy is strongly associated with quasi-medieval European settings, for example, so naturally when you put out Heroic Fantasy Guy with all his accessories, he's soda-cracker white) or stereotypes (anyone with African features comes with hip-hop gear or voodoo trappings, all Asians are Chinese or Japanese and wear karate gis, kimonos or ninja outfits, etc.), or just with the fact that, in the US and Europe, white people are seen as 'the default' (meaning that Heroic Spaceman Spliff with all his accessories is also always shiny white). And I have a nasty suspicion that there may be good commercial reasons for this failure of the imagination: if DAZ were to do something more imaginative, releasing, say, a dark-skinned character with African features alongside a bunch of steampunk clothing, or an Asian heroic fantasy bundle, then a certain number of people would say "That's just wrong. Everyone knows steampunk people are white Victorian British dudes with mutton-chop whiskers. I'm not buying that."

    It would be great if DAZ were more adventurous. I'd love to see South and Central Asian, indigenous American or Australian figures (and indigenous American can go far beyond one tiny slice of North America, to include Inuit, South and Central Americans as well), Arabs and North Africans, maybe bundled with historically or culturally-appropriate clothing that goes beyond the stereotypes, or with fantasy/sci-fi/steampunk/whatever outfits of any kind. But I understand why they haven't done so yet, and it may have more to do with us than them.

    The saving grace, of course, is that the mix'n'match nature of what my partner refers to as 'your paper dolls' means that there's nothing to stop us putting Darius 8 into a tailcoat, clockwork top-hat and monocle, or dressing Mei-Lin 8 up to ride dragons or whatever. Moreover, some PAs are starting to fill the gaps with figures from a broader range of cultures and ethnicities. So even if the offerings in the form of DAZ's own bundles are disappointing, we don't have to limit ourselves when deciding what to put in our renders. (We might, however, have to live on fifty-cent instant ramen for the rest of our lives to be able to afford all the content we want, but that's another matter).

    By

    bytescapes bytescapes February 2019 in The Commons
  • The Things Which Could Be Worse Need Cats To Make Them Better Complaint Thread

     ...heard the other day one of Portland OR's Icons the Bridgeport Brewery, will be closing it's doors next month.  Bridgeport launched became the era of craft brewing 35 years ago with their Blue Heron Pale Ale (no longer made) and IPA which started Portland on the way to becoming what many refer to as "Beervana", the new "beer capital" of the nation (apologies, old hometown of Milwaukee WI). They were one of the first to brew handcrafted British style ales like IPAs, Pales, and Porters here in the states. Their location (not far from where i live) was once an old rope making factory which is is on the Historic Register, which between it and what was the company's warehouse the alleyway is a trestle about three floors up for shuttling product between the buildings.  When I used to work in the area years ago, Bridgeport was the place to get a couple slices pizza or a sandwich for lunch, and return to after work for a couple pints of their famous ales served in traditional imperial pint glasses.  Bridgeport was also the first to introduce cask conditioned ales that were hand drawn using traditional beer engines instead of CO₂. as well as using NO₂ taps for their stouts, porters, and creme ales.   Sadly what they started sort of became their demise as so many new breweries and brew pubs have sprung up to the point they are threatening Starbucks for the most locations (well not really but it sort of feels that way). Even breweries from other towns like Rogue, Pyramid, and Deschutes have opened ale houses and brewing operations in Portland.

    During their three and a half decades in business, Bridgeport expanded their operations taking over the entire block and remodelling the interior of their central location to a more "upscale" look (somewhat to the dismay of those who loved the old  wood beam "warehouse" interior [such as myself]) and opening an alehouse on Hawthorne in inner Southeast Portland (which closed after only a few years due to low sales). Apparently the reasoning given by the owners is that younger people are drawn more to the smaller boutique breweries which have sprung up around the city rather than the larger older ones, which some see are not much different than the big national breweries (even though they still produce a much superior product).  Another reason that I see is simple over saturation (pun not intended) of the local market (within a 5 mile radius there are something like two dozen breweries, many clustered in the inner environs of the city some only a few blocks from others)  A few others have come and gone with time, but Bridgeport being an icon in the city if not the state, a pioneer in craft brewing, made the announcement something of a surprise.  Disappointing, as they also had an incredible happy hour where you could get a hand tossed crust 12" sausage and onion pizza for 6$.(pretty much the cost for a "frozen cardboard biscuit" pizza for the in the store today).

    So on March 10th, the place where the brewing revolution all began thirty five years ago, will be no more. Need to stop by there beforehand maybe get a couple bottles of their "infamous" Old Knucklehead (a barelywine aged in wine casks that is around 10%).  They will be sadly missed when they are gone.

     

    By

    kyoto kid kyoto kid February 2019 in The Commons
  • Ancient Bastet for genesis 8 Females [commercial]

    Yeah, the murals usually painted him with squared off ears and a snoot like a tapir.  That would make sense except for the fact that tapirs are found in Central and South America and southeast Asia, but not in Africalet alone anywhere the Nile Valley where the ancient Egyptians might have taken inspiration.  As such, the "experts" have debated for decade what Set's animal visage is suppose to resemble, if any particular creature.

    Actually I was hoping you or anyone else might catch my "reference".

    Sincerely,

    Bill

    By

    Redfern Redfern February 2019 in The Commons
  • Carrara Challenge 45: Extinction and De-extinction! Less than two days to go!

    Alien cloning centre

     

     

    Moved Mike forward

    I think this concept with its dramatic  lighting is shaping up superbly 

     

    Oh, I wish I had time to enter this one!  I would be following a theme that a British author has taken in a first book in her series.  If you are interested in post apocolyptic sagas where 'we' have 'kililed' the earth, it's an interesting concept that re-engineered humans, who are smarter and stronger, take over running the world and bring back extinct species and people. But they have their faults, too! On Amazon.

     smiley Silene 

    Hey Silene, no excuses! I think  with your interest in Neanderthals etc that the topic fits like a glove on you. Thanks for the reference ;)

     

    Interesting how people are doing different takes on theme.  I'd have never come up with post apocolyptic but makes sense if we don't do anything about CO2...

    Been looking for a good read and hate picking out a book only to find it's #3 in a series.  Start at beginning on this one!

    Anyway to topic:

    Concept art for now.  (Obviously needs *lots* work.) 

    Hill country in central Texas is only nesting habitat in the world for a handsome little fellow called the Golden Cheeked Warbler.

     

    Conservation groups won a court victory just last week against State of Texas.  Our esteemed attorney general  wanted to open up its protected habitat for developers.  (The state had argued the endangered species act was government overreach, species no longer endangered, etc.)

    https://travisaudubon.org/uncategorized/texas-judge-upholds-endangered-species-act-protections-for-golden-cheeked-warbler

    Don’t have bulldozer prop, so used “road roller.”  For some reason, it reminded me of an old Joni Mitchell song.

    “They paved paradise and put up a parking lot... ”

    So I’m calling it “Big Yellow Taxi”

    Joni released that 49 years ago and still holds true in my opinion.

    Thankfully not for our fine feathered friends here in central Texas.  laugh

    ----

    --Bruce

     

    Nice, I think the metaphor adds a different level, makes us think because it is alluding to something outside the image (The song.). It's like adding a quote from Shakespeare to the preface of a novel - it adds gravitas or comedy = depending on what you a re quoting of course!

     

    By

    Headwax Headwax February 2019 in Carrara Discussion
  • Carrara Challenge 45: Extinction and De-extinction! Less than two days to go!

    Interesting how people are doing different takes on theme.  I'd have never come up with post apocolyptic but makes sense if we don't do anything about CO2...

    Been looking for a good read and hate picking out a book only to find it's #3 in a series.  Start at beginning on this one!

    Anyway to topic:

    Concept art for now.  (Obviously needs *lots* work.) 

    Hill country in central Texas is only nesting habitat in the world for a handsome little fellow called the Golden Cheeked Warbler.

    Conservation groups won a court victory just last week against State of Texas.  Our esteemed attorney general  wanted to open up its protected habitat for developers.  (The state had argued the endangered species act was government overreach, species no longer endangered, etc.)

    https://travisaudubon.org/uncategorized/texas-judge-upholds-endangered-species-act-protections-for-golden-cheeked-warbler

    Don’t have bulldozer prop, so used “road roller.”  For some reason, it reminded me of an old Joni Mitchell song.

    “They paved paradise and put up a parking lot... ”

    So I’m calling it “Big Yellow Taxi”

    Joni released that 49 years ago and still holds true in my opinion.

    Thankfully not for our fine feathered friends here in central Texas.  laugh

    ----

    --Bruce

     

    By

    Tynkere Tynkere February 2019 in Carrara Discussion
  • Places you'd love to see made into a 3D environment

    What I don't have is a mid century street with just shops...like a downtown shopping area like a lot of medium sized towns in the U.S. used to have. I still think a vintage Art Deco Miami street would be fantastic or even a Key

    You can build this fairly easy with some of Dreamland's City Blocks... 1, 7 & 8 in particular, but a quicker and cheaper solution is https://www.daz3d.com/mountain-valley Just take out the BTTFure central plaza and building move one of the the opposing streets closer to the one on the opposite side.  Repeat with the other two sides and place them end to end and you've got two blocks worth of street.   

    Biggest issue I have with mountain valley is that I could not use it without thinking of Back to the Future, whose town square is almost identical (which I am sure is not a coincidence)

    Edit: Just noticed you already mentioned that, sorry!

    By

    Havos Havos February 2019 in The Commons
  • Places you'd love to see made into a 3D environment

    What I don't have is a mid century street with just shops...like a downtown shopping area like a lot of medium sized towns in the U.S. used to have. I still think a vintage Art Deco Miami street would be fantastic or even a Key

    You can build this fairly easy with some of Dreamland's City Blocks... 1, 7 & 8 in particular, but a quicker and cheaper solution is https://www.daz3d.com/mountain-valley Just take out the BTTFure central plaza and building move one of the the opposing streets closer to the one on the opposite side.  Repeat with the other two sides and place them end to end and you've got two blocks worth of street.   

    By

    Cybersox Cybersox February 2019 in The Commons
  • Places you'd love to see made into a 3D environment

    I'd like to vote for Union Terminal in Cincinnati, Ohio.

    If you think it looks familiar, here's why (https://www.wired.com/2014/10/super-friends-hall-of-justice/). More info here (http://myunionterminal.com/).

     

    ...lovely old station as well so pleased they restored it. 

    The only real similarity to the JLA headquarters is the central arcade. 

    Unfortunately the only model I could find is for Sketchup which would require conversion and often models have issues with the mesh like reversed normals.

    By

    kyoto kid kyoto kid February 2019 in The Commons
  • Renders Made Using Carrara PA products.

    I felt that the Admiral's cabin would not be complete without a cup of coffee.  If @TangoAlpha agrees, I will share a Carrara file with the coffee mug with his fleet's logo.

    .

    great stuff, nice to see a few tailor mades :)

     

     

    Old post I just found

    A few different treatments of PhilW's excellent City Central Night scene.

    Rendered out firstly as a Toon1Part111 render, then rendered out several different passes and combined with postwork in post.

    It renders very fast as you don't need anti aliasing on :)

    Much use of the index pass to help isolate the different scene objects.

     

     

     

    wowww this went to the top of my pwersonal most awesome renders list  omjee the ambience heart

    thank you Mystarra - it was a lot of fun doing that - it's a great set by PhilW

     

    Me too! I love that whole selection of renders! Bravo Head Wax!

    Your UberFan - Dartanbeck

    ha ha thanks Dart - you have style and taste :)

     

    I feel good 

     

     

    used Phil's Oceans for this one

    a man of many talents Stezza - no history book is safe I take it ? ;) Love the concept and delivery

     

    By

    Headwax Headwax February 2019 in Carrara Discussion
  • Renders Made Using Carrara PA products.

    Old post I just found

    A few different treatments of PhilW's excellent City Central Night scene.

    Rendered out firstly as a Toon1Part111 render, then rendered out several different passes and combined with postwork in post.

    It renders very fast as you don't need anti aliasing on :)

    Much use of the index pass to help isolate the different scene objects.

     

     

     

    wowww this went to the top of my pwersonal most awesome renders list  omjee the ambience heart

    By

    Mistara Mistara February 2019 in Carrara Discussion
  • Tasha 8

    She's got a big head, but I know a lot of people who have big heads (in comparison to their bodies). Head Propagating Size can always change it on a Daz character.

    She can pass for Hispanic, Central Asian, or Mizrahi Jewish. Thanks for the renders, Divamakeup. If you have a closeup lying around, could you post it?

    My pleasure! She's very fun to render - I think she's a great character! :)

    I'll see what I can do about a lose up. 

    By

    3Diva 3Diva February 2019 in The Commons
  • Tasha 8

    She's got a big head, but I know a lot of people who have big heads (in comparison to their bodies). Head Propagating Size can always change it on a Daz character.

    She can pass for Hispanic, Central Asian, or Mizrahi Jewish. Thanks for the renders, Divamakeup. If you have a closeup lying around, could you post it?

    By

    xyer0 xyer0 February 2019 in The Commons
  • ot Blizzardy Warning? whiskey tango foxtrot

    Anyone wishing to understand what is happening in central North America with the recent frigid temperatures should cease believing that the term "Polar Vortex" is applicable. That term, which is actually a weather phenomenon, has been misused for some time now by news and weather media to try and dramatize the events in order to increase audience and sell advertising. Any news media that does so should be rewarded by being ignored, having demonstrated either an ignorance of what they are reporting, or blatantly and knowingly misusing the term. Many people who are experiencing the cold hardly need anyone dramatizing it, especially for material gain.

    Although it won't help anyone to deal with the bitter cold, know that anyone south of the arctic circle is not experiencing a polar vortex, but a southerly movement of an arctic airmass. Not as catchy, but simply the truth. It is neither a vortex, nor can it be "polar" at all, since that would only apply to something near to or over the north pole. So it is incorrect on two counts. Somewhat ironically, it is actually a weakening or absence of the real polar vortex that exists in winter over the north pole. The weakening is usually caused by above average temperatures there, releasing  a southern flow of frigid air. The vortex is caused by extremely cold, dense air over the pole in winter that gives rise to strong circular airflows around the pole (thus the term vortex), and that tends to draw air inwards, keeping arctic air in the north. If the air over the pole warms, the vortex is weakened, allowing frigid arctic air to flow south. The weaker the vortex, the further south it will tend to penetrate. As counterintuitive as it may seem, it is actually warming in one place (in this case over the north pole) that causes it to be colder someplace else - in this case central North America. The next time you hear a news reporter or weather reporter referring to your cold weather as a "polar vortex", you should really look elsewhere for your news and weather.

    Keep warm. Limit exposure and dress for the weather, not fashion.

    By

    SixDs SixDs January 2019 in The Commons
  • UltraScatterPro Experiments and Experiences

    Experiment: Add Life to the Urban Sprawl 3 Big City

    Urban Sprawl Big City looks pretty sterile. There are a few little trees, but you can't really see them. The roads are empty; no traffic. There are no pedestrians, but they would probably be too small too see anyway.

    1. Add Traffic
      • OMG - it has taken me hours to place cars and trucks and busses in these Urban Sprawl 3 roads! My first thought was to use UltraScatterPro to scatter traffic on the blocks. After trying to create distribution maps and selection sets to constrain the traffic to the road areas, I realized that you can't scatter instances of instances, so I threw out that idea. I had to place each car, truck and bus individually (each is a prop from either Urban Sprawl 3 or Urban Sprawl 2) on the 10 blocks that I would later scatter into the big city. Of course I don't want all my cars the same color, so I applied Iray car shaders to most of them. The roads are three lane one way roads, which complicated things further. I'm sure some of my vehicles are going the wrong direction. Even after hours of placing vehicles, it still looks very sparse. I get very little pay off for the hours spent! Can you even see those tiny specs?
      • The fact that you can't scatter instances of instances also explains why I see so few trees in the Big City. Most of the trees in Urban Sprawl 3 are already instances created by Stonemason. So, they don't show up in my UltraScatterPro instances.
    2. Add green space
      • We need some parks in this city
      • Create a new scene (so it is easier to work. The big city scene is slow to work in.
      • Load one of the Urban Sprawl blocks
      • Delete all buildings in the central area.
      • Change the shader on the paving to a grass shader
      • Put some trees and bushes in the scene
      • Add traffic on the streets
      • Delete some buildings on the outside of the block to make more grass area in the block
      • Run Scene Optimizer to reduce textures
      • Save the scene(Green Space scene)
      • Open the Big City scene
      • Merge in the Green Space scene
      • Put the Green Space block in to the group of blocks that get scattered with UltraScatterPro
      • Select the existing UltraScatterPro [M] scatter group
      • Run UltraScatterPro
      • Set Preview instances to Full
      • Click Matrix Scatter
      • Evaluate the position of the new parks (Green Space) in the city
      • Change distribution, scale, and/or rotation seeds and scatter again until a satisfying arrangement is achieved

    By

    barbult barbult January 2019 in Art Studio
  • [Released] Clothing Converter from Genesis 3 Female to Genesis 8 Female [Commercial]

    Now I am trying to convert Country girl boots and I asked the script to use the foot dialogue box and it didn't even come up, it just said the boots converted in 4 sec.  It seems that after I converted a few thing quit working correctly as the first few outfits and shoes converted ok.

    This is what my log file said

    21:15:24 GMT-0600 (Canada Central Standard Time): Executing Script

    21:15:25 GMT-0600 (Canada Central Standard Time): Selecting Preset: E:/My Daz Library/People/Genesis 3 Female/Clothing/Country Girl/Country Girl Boots.duf

    21:15:25 GMT-0600 (Canada Central Standard Time): Converting clothing from E:/My Daz Library/People/Genesis 3 Female/Clothing/Country Girl/Country Girl Boots.duf to E:/My Daz Library/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing Converted G3F/Country Girl/Country Girl Boots.duf

    21:15:27 GMT-0600 (Canada Central Standard Time): Country Girl Boots is of type Follower/Wardrobe/Shoe

    21:15:28 GMT-0600 (Canada Central Standard Time): Copy Icons from E:/My Daz Library/People/Genesis 3 Female/Clothing/Country Girl/Country Girl Boots.duf to E:/My Daz Library/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing Converted G3F/Country Girl/Country Girl Boots.duf

    21:15:28 GMT-0600 (Canada Central Standard Time): Copy Categories from E:/My Daz Library/People/Genesis 3 Female/Clothing/Country Girl/Country Girl Boots.duf to E:/My Daz Library/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing Converted G3F/Country Girl/Country Girl Boots.duf

    21:15:31 GMT-0600 (Canada Central Standard Time): Execution Complete.

    The problem is that the type is not footwear, it is Follower/Wardrobe/Shoe.  You need to use the Force Convert Footwear button.

    By

    RiverSoft Art RiverSoft Art January 2019 in Daz PA Commercial Products
  • [Released] Clothing Converter from Genesis 3 Female to Genesis 8 Female [Commercial]

    Now I am trying to convert Country girl boots and I asked the script to use the foot dialogue box and it didn't even come up, it just said the boots converted in 4 sec.  It seems that after I converted a few thing quit working correctly as the first few outfits and shoes converted ok.

    This is what my log file said

    21:15:24 GMT-0600 (Canada Central Standard Time): Executing Script

    21:15:25 GMT-0600 (Canada Central Standard Time): Selecting Preset: E:/My Daz Library/People/Genesis 3 Female/Clothing/Country Girl/Country Girl Boots.duf

    21:15:25 GMT-0600 (Canada Central Standard Time): Converting clothing from E:/My Daz Library/People/Genesis 3 Female/Clothing/Country Girl/Country Girl Boots.duf to E:/My Daz Library/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing Converted G3F/Country Girl/Country Girl Boots.duf

    21:15:27 GMT-0600 (Canada Central Standard Time): Country Girl Boots is of type Follower/Wardrobe/Shoe

    21:15:28 GMT-0600 (Canada Central Standard Time): Copy Icons from E:/My Daz Library/People/Genesis 3 Female/Clothing/Country Girl/Country Girl Boots.duf to E:/My Daz Library/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing Converted G3F/Country Girl/Country Girl Boots.duf

    21:15:28 GMT-0600 (Canada Central Standard Time): Copy Categories from E:/My Daz Library/People/Genesis 3 Female/Clothing/Country Girl/Country Girl Boots.duf to E:/My Daz Library/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing Converted G3F/Country Girl/Country Girl Boots.duf

    21:15:31 GMT-0600 (Canada Central Standard Time): Execution Complete.

    By

    Kharma Kharma January 2019 in Daz PA Commercial Products
  • [Released] Oso Ammonoids

    I learned a LOT about ammonoids doing this project. I mean, I knew they were 'shelled squid' and very common; like almost any sea scene in a museum from ancient times shows some variety.

    But among other things:

    While they resemble nautiloids in broad strokes, they are much more closely related to squids and octopi (which essentially evolved the shells into small internal pieces).

    Their soft tissues is almost entirely speculation; their shells fossilize really well, but soft parts? The most of the soft tissues that have fossilized are basically smudges, and a few showing that some species fed on ostracods. So, for example, did they have suckers? There is no evidence they did, and I believe the consensus view right now is that they didn't (which is what I went with). How many tentacle arms did they have? Again, speculation, best guess assumes 10, like their close relatives (octopi again apparently evolved away two arms, squids specialized two tentacles)

    Note that the many many many ammonoid fossils you can find in stores, the outer layer is often worn away or dissolved, and the conditions often create beautifully iridescent fossils. Cool stuff.

    They filled their hard shell with air through a central channel as a weird floatation device, so they were probably not very fast, even with some kind of siphon. Did they orient head down, or more horizontally? Good question!

    Their extinction is thought to have come at least partially from acidification of the oceans, which was hard on shell formation. They are thought to have had a longer breeding cycle than nautiloids, one reason nautiloids survived. Squid and octopi traded speed for the shells, and with the Cretaceous event/acidified oceans, this gave them a massive leg up.

    Which is a shame. I would love to see a live ammonoid!

     

    Also, working on this project made me seriously crave calamari. mmm.

     

    By

    Oso3D Oso3D January 2019 in Daz PA Commercial Products
  • Problem with eye white disappearing

    Is your character positioned some distance from the center of the scene - the place where the character loads by default?

    there's a bug that causes the whites of the eyes to go black if the character is moved too far away from the central point. Haven't seen any cure for it mentioned othe than putting the character back at the center and moving all the scenery relative to the figure's location.

    By

    TomCatOliver TomCatOliver January 2019 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • Kit Bashing My Life Away

    I've been meaning to somehow make an island for a long time. I want something rugged from somewhere far north, but all the ones in the shop seem to be tropical desert islands. I suppose I could have done it in Bryce, but I just can't get my head around that software.

    So, I decided to kitbash together the island that I want, from several that don't suit me. May I present The Island of the Sea God...

    Also available in my gallery

    The central rocky bit of the island is from Evolution Island, the beach is from Secluded Island. I've covered the join with some Rubble for Everyone, and decorated with a statue from Enchanted Island! There are rectangular markings on the sand of Secluded Island, where the beach hut and other structures stand. I didn't want that, so I hid them with a few Flat Rocks.

    Surround it with Design Anvil's new Ocean, and use the background mountains from the Mountain Rite as a distant mainland and we have an island! Just needs a bit of Ron's brushwork along the shore.

    By

    chris-2599934 chris-2599934 January 2019 in Art Studio
Previous Next
Adding to Cart…

Daz 3D is part of Tafi

Connect

DAZ Productions, Inc.
7533 S Center View Ct #4664
West Jordan, UT 84084

HELP

Contact Us

Tutorials

Help Center

Sell Your 3D Content

Affiliate Program

Documentation Center

Open Source

Consent Preferences

JOIN DAZ

Memberships

Blog

About Us

Press

Careers

Bridges

Community

In the Studio

Gallery

Forum

DAZ STORE

Shop

Freebies

Published Artists

Licensing Agreement | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | EULA

© 2026 Daz Productions Inc. All Rights Reserved.