-
Modeling with arms down
Sorry, don't save the baked Genesis figure - just use it to transfer, then delete it. Reload a plain version of the figure for any further work. You also don't save the clothing figure until you have baked its rotations to match the standard figure.
Unwanted JCMsIf you export the moprh as an OBJ and then reimport it (with the same name, so you replace the existing deltas) you can set up a weight map to modulate the moprh (use a do-nothing DForm to create the weight map) and then apply that as you load the morph - it's the last or last but one option in Morph Loader Pro.
Modeling with arms downYou can bake rotations on the figure to make the pose that matches the clothing the zero state, use the Transfer Utility from that, then apply the reverse pose to the newly rigged clothing and bake the rotations there. Bake Joint Rotations is in the Edit sub-menu of the Joint Editor tool's option menu.
Modeling with arms downYes, that defintiely makes sense for Dynamic clothing, but I would like this to be confirming, so I need to be able to transfer the rig to the prop. I found the below in another thread, I am going to try it.
You could try to use Transfer Utility with Item Shape set to Current.
I know that I will run into the same problem sooner or later ;-) so it would be nice to hear if it works.
Edit: Sorry, forgot to mention that Figure should be posed in A-Pose, too. After using the Transfer Tool, pose Figure back to T and the sleeves should follow (theoretically)
Modeling with arms downIs it possible to transfer the rig of G2F/G3F to a model that was modeled with arms down (not t-pose)?
Reason I ask is that I am trying to model something that has like a rubber band around the body (with arms against sides), and it is better for that mesh to "stretch", versus pinch, as the arms move out from the body. I can't figure out a way to do model that with the T-Pose, that will look good then when I fold arms down to the sides.
I appreciate any ideas, methods or the settings to make that transfer possible (like with arms bent at about +/-70)! :)
Battle Bundle - VikingsHey all... *waves*
After loooads of Confusion, all 10 products are in the Bundle, the only reason they are not listed is because the seperate packs by Anna,Dave and Loraly have not yet gone live in the store from the transfer over from DNA..
Our 5 packs are in it, plus
Deerstalker (27)
Hinterland (52)
Skuldelevery (14)
Sojourner (54)
Valborg (100)This huge bundle originally released at RuntimeDNA, which is why the original artworks are in place with the old dates, but at $4 only I'm sure you'll forgive Daz for not changing that :D
Sorry it caused confusion folks
Big Hugs
Tracey and Andrew
x
I'm niot sure if I am seeing all of the products in the bundle. Of the 5 procts listed on the product page I already had the 3 I was most interested in so I was on the fence about buying the bundle. But when MV said thje other 5 were also included I I ran to grab it while it was still on sale.
With a quick look at the icons in product I do see Valborg and IGD poses in the bundle I'm not sure about other ones such as Skulelvery and Hinterland. I don't see those specific names but they may just be poses with other names.
HD morph plug inI know, at current daz only offer tool to make HD morph for PA of DAZ.
but why DAZ do not sell it as plug in? please think hobby user and why I buy daz products.
it is because I do not have skill to make product as same as DAZ vendors. or I can say I have no time to learn many things and training myself as same as 3D Artist.
it is my hobby, and not my work to earn money.
but hope to make render easy along to my skill (though I do not need to make professional render, mostly just use them for planing or pic which can offer situation as visual,,)
. then use DAZ studio and Contents which offered as free or sold from vendors.
but if DAZ do not offer tool about hobby user (and who do not plan to be DAZ PA) , I never make HD morphs as I like.
I think it is reasonalbe, when the vnedor show skill and make good product which I need, and I can not (because of skill and time) to buy those .
but when the tool is offered for PA only,,, then I can not make more detail (eg smooth dimple) as HD morphs, etc,, then need to struggle with it, I can not approve to get those product.
because of it is no matter about vendor skill.. just about tool problem which DAZ offer..
It is OK,, daz offer them as free for DAZ PA, but why DAZ need to limit to offer tool, and do not sell tool for customer, then only sell HD morphs for customer?
iREAL Animated Ocean Water System expoet secenAre you setting the Morph Rules in the options dialogue to include the wave morphs?
Can you rename your characters to help editing scenes?Yeah, usually works well unless you have a head morph that has the ears built in - which is super annoying but I've only seen a couple times in 10 years.
My workaround for this is to dial in an elf ear morph at say 1% so it shows up in the hair morphs, then go to that hidden parameter and dial it way down, kind of forcing an ear morph that wasnt there.
Superheroes Rebooted - Ready to Rrrrrender?Here's my updated Genesis 1 Superman using the latest draft of my Christopher Reeve face morph. I'm particularly proud of this one (but of course, constructive critique is still welcome)!
Lavinia -- yay corpse-like, rotten texture! Boo no 3Delight mats!The one thing I can say is that the hands/feet morphs for the G3F creature creator set are really well done. The other morphs could have been recreated easily as they are not so extreme, but this gal, I
There is the skeletal morph in the G3F set that is meant to be zombie looking, I think that is what was being mentioned?
Yes, I made note of just how nice the hands and feet look, and matter of a factt I liked them so much I meant to include a render for the other poster showing them, but I accidently closed studio and didn't need to save the test render, because it was just for the poster.
As far as the skeletal morph, I guess I'd need him to pin point which one it is in the promos, if it is shown, however, I am getting ready to go to work for the night, so maybe someone else could get a render to him. I wouldn't be able to do it until home from work in the a.m.Hi, sorry. Been prepping for a family thing all day. The morphs that im wondering about are shown in the first two promo images.
Ways to lower RAM usage?You have to be selective on the displacement removed. Displacement on skin for Genesis characters will disappear due to precision very quickly, displacement for brick and such are normally MUCH larger scales and will appear at longer distances. Iray also has issues with displacement... the subd must be VERY high for any displacement to be of any use. For Iray, you're better off using normal maps or bump rather than displacement.
Kendall
...but if there is no normal map, (and that is somewhat common with a lot of older content) what then? Also why then is there still a displacement parameter slider after converting a texture to the Iray base? Really not looking forward to having to do a lot of "pre-work" in a 2D programme.
The Sub_D you mention is that for rendering, or the actual mesh?
"If there is no normal map" this is where some work is involved. Sometimes you just can't use a generic transfer from 3DL to Iray. You may need to scrap the original textures and apply appropriate Iray native textures.
Others have covered the subd so I'm going to leave it there. There are significant differences in how displacement works between the two engines and to go further than others we'll need to delve into the "nitty-gritty" of how both engines do it and why they are not very compatible.
Kendall
Lavinia -- yay corpse-like, rotten texture! Boo no 3Delight mats!The one thing I can say is that the hands/feet morphs for the G3F creature creator set are really well done. The other morphs could have been recreated easily as they are not so extreme, but this gal, I kind of like her look.
Seems to work ok. G3F + Morph pack + Lavinia skin. I couldn't really find anything wrong, even the ears looked good, I think anyway.
This is straight out of the box so to speak, no skin optimization, and the default hdri so one can see it very generically, general results right out of the box.Thanks HorusRa. If its not to much trouble can you post a couple picks using the zombie morphs?
Zombie morphs? I'm not finding any zombie morphs, nothing by that name anyway. The package seems very limited now that I really think about it.
There is the skeletal morph in the G3F set that is meant to be zombie looking, I think that is what was being mentioned?
Using V4 morphs and textures with Gen 3 FemaleThere's also a script someone made over at DeviantArt that does this, for about $25. I have it, and it works well. I bought it before GenX2 came out with Gen3 support. Haven't had a chance to play with GenX2 much for a while. Got too frustrated with it some time ago. Guess I should try again.
Let me dig up the DeviantArt link. I've got it around here somewhere.
Edit: here it is: http://darkhound1.deviantart.com/art/Legacy-to-Gen3-morph-converter-1-0-buy-it-here-589021408
Can you rename your characters to help editing scenes?Yeah, usually works well unless you have a head morph that has the ears built in - which is super annoying but I've only seen a couple times in 10 years.
Unwanted JCMsYes, make the morph(s) a favourite by clicking it's heart icon on the slider, select the vertices you want to remove from the morph(s) with the Geometry Editor tool, then right-click and select Morph Editing>Clear Selected Deltas from Favourites.
Battle Bundle - VikingsYep, I can quite happily use M4 or transfer him up to new figures. Makes no difference to me. All high quality sets that I'm very happy to have them! I'll be playing with them as soon as I get them installed.
Runtime DNA Merges With Daz 3DGiven this month is the Platinum Club promotional sale, now would be a logical time for LittleFox's and Capsces' "Furries for..." morph and texture add-on sets for Melody and Micah to finally appear in the store. The base figures were placed in the Plat' Club section, so logically, the follow-up package would also be similarly categorized.
Agaim, I purchased the entire collection when they resided at RDNA, so it's no skin off my nose. I just want others to enjoy the masterful design concepts of Melody and Micah!
Sincerely,
Bill
Lavinia -- yay corpse-like, rotten texture! Boo no 3Delight mats!Seems to work ok. G3F + Morph pack + Lavinia skin. I couldn't really find anything wrong, even the ears looked good, I think anyway.
This is straight out of the box so to speak, no skin optimization, and the default hdri so one can see it very generically, general results right out of the box.Thanks HorusRa. If its not to much trouble can you post a couple picks using the zombie morphs?
No one asked me - Diomede screenshots on whatever - Warning AI Discussion OKCreating and Saving a Carrara Skin Shader from a Studio Character
Here is how I set up a newly acquired G2F character for future use in Carrara. There was a recent Published Artist discount so I am now the proud owner of Valerie, a G2F character preset by PA addy. http://www.daz3d.com/valerie
The following is NOT the best way. It is my way, which may or not may not be useful for others.
Some of the issues that I try to address are
1st - top priority - numero uno *** Do I want a Poser CR2 version of this G2F available for the Poser cloth room? (because I have V-that which will not be named -plugin, the answer to ths is usually "no" now). Given that I don't care about a Poser CR2, my preference is for setting up and saving as much as possibe in Carrara for direct future use.
OK, whatever the answer to the Poser CR2 issue, have to address the following.
- Which maps does the character come with? Where are they located? Which shading domains in Carrara can make best use of them? Which shading domains share the same maps?
- Do I have the correct UVs available for the G2F in my scene?
- Am I doing a dial morph?
- How do I want to save?










