• Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3D Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
    • Game Ready
  • Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions
  • Download Studio
  • Menu
  • Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3d Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
  • Community
    • Our Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

Loading...
Daz 3D Forums > Search
  • Issue Parenting Genesis Figures to another figure/object

    For some reason when I am trying to parent a Genesis figure (I tried both G2F and G3F with same results) to another object (like a bike or horse saddle, stuff like that) it literally takes no less than 5 minutes (usually more) for it to actually parent.  I get the whole spinning wheel and the "Not Responding" message through the whole time.  I originally thought I had a messed up morph so I moved out numerous folders at a time to see if I could isolate the one that may have been causing the issue.  When I just had the one daz folder in the morphs section the parenting went quick but there was still a noticable lag.

     I reinstalled Daz 4.9 and with just the basic morphs i got the same result (quick parenting, but noticable lag).  As soon as i put all the morphs back in to the morph folder the 5+ minute parenting returned.

     

    The odd thing is I have a older laptop that has Daz 4.7 on it.  I purchased this new laptop because it had the specs to handle IRAY and I just use the old one as a back up for my daz library.  So the old laptop has all the exact files on it that the new laptop has but it is running Daz 4.7.  I tried to parent the exact same figure to the exact same prop there and the parenting was instantaneous like it always had been previously so now I am thinking it may be an issue with my DAZ 4.9.  My current laptop specs are:

    Intel core i7 2.6

    16 gig ram

    nvidia gtx 960M

    64 bit operating system

     

    Any assistance would be appreciated.

     

    EDIT:  Oh and I should add that parenting things to the genesis figure is fine.  Its just when I try to parent the genesis figure to something.

    By

    macleoddcn macleoddcn October 2016 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • Tiny Petite G3Fs?
    In terms of morphs, in addition to height, don't forget the leg length morph. The DAZ figures tend to be pretty leggy, and shorter folks tend to have shorter legs relative to their torso (I know I do anyway)

    By

    j cade j cade October 2016 in The Commons
  • Is there a way to autosave DS scenes

    thanks,, mike,,,  I know there is already user request as support ticket,, 

     then may hope  ds 5  will release with Auto-save option, and,,, HD morph plug in.cheeky

    By

    kitakoredaz kitakoredaz October 2016 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • 3D Art Freebie Challenge -- October: Double Bubble Toil and Trouble -- Main Thread

    Hi.  Haven't tried the freebie challenge before. Here is a work in progress but please tell me if I am doing anything wrong.  It is titled "Witch's Brood" 

     

    Here is my list of freebies and purchased products.  In additiion, I used a primitive cube and a primitive cylinder, a terrain, and a realistic sky in Carrara.  Do those count against me?  If so, are they freebies if they came with the program?

     

    Freebies from website requiring registration and sign in.
    Jims Book  https://www.sharecg.com/v/66786/browse/11/Poser/20-Page-Poseable-Book
    Galadrieal Dress for K4  https://www.sharecg.com/v/43305/browse/11/Poser/Kids-4-Galadriel-Outfit-Dress-or-Tunic
    Fantasy House 3  https://www.sharecg.com/v/59807/browse/11/Poser/Fantasy-House-3
    Ratty Mouse   http://www.sharecg.com/v/47414/browse/11/Poser/Ratty-Mouse
    Hawk and Poses  http://www.sharecg.com/v/49422/related/1/3D-and-2D-Art/3D-Hawk-Model-Still
    Endor Braids for V3 and V4  http://www.sharecg.com/v/64115/browse/11/Poser/Endor-Braids-for-V3-and-V4
    Easter Sunday Dress for K4   http://www.sharecg.com/v/61167/browse/11/Poser/Easter-Sunday-Outfit-for-Kids-4
    Freebies From Daz
    The Callie Outfit for V4   http://www.daz3d.com/the-callie-outfit
    Cannisters and Pans  http://www.daz3d.com/canisters-and-pans
    From that other store's freebie section
    Witch's hat and broom   https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/witchs-hat-and-broom/76676
    Helloween candy   https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/hell-o-ween-candy/76585
    From Most Digital Creations
    V4 Halloween Head Morph (not in this WIP yet)   http://www.most-digital-creations.com/free_poser_poses_textures_morphs_props_15.htm

    Purchased

    Travelers Plants  http://www.daz3d.com/rdna-foliage-grass-clumps-1

     

    Base figures

    2 K4s and 1 V4.

    By

    Diomede Diomede October 2016 in Freebies
  • Hunt or be Hunted Bundle... Wow!

    I have submit an update for the gwenbleiz character and the hunter gear . Once it will online I will put a note here on this thread.

     

    Gwenbleiz:

    -Remove the IRC links for the eyes, scars and HD morph.

    -Put the correct tint for the hair in the character with hair presets

    -ADD the glowing eyes effect used on one of my render in my gallery ( it should works with all genesis 3 character I guess they have the same  UV for the eyes)

     

    Hunter Gear:

    -Corrected the duplicate issue on the belt when load a saved scene

    -ADD an unparented scabbard if you to autofit or export the files

    By

    kayleyss kayleyss October 2016 in The Commons
  • Nasolabial Folds?

    Does any morph package for Genesis 3 have a morph for adding the nasolabial folds?

    It is the one thing that bugs me the most that such a prominent feature in real faces seems to be almost completely absent from the DAZ females. Look at almost any picture of a real face and there it is adding character and form to the face, look at all the renders of females in the galleries and it's almost completely absent.

    I've searched all the morphs I own and can't find any such controls and haven't spotted it so far in the store, anyone know if such a morph exists?

    It seems some a basic thing that it's odd I can't seem to find it.

     

    By

    Vadrus Vadrus October 2016 in The Commons
  • 3Delight Laboratory Thread: tips, questions, experiments

    Need some assistance.  I'm trying to do some promos using the 3Delight engine using the Uber Environment base with some other lights.  My tester is telling me on her end the scene is rendering out the hair as white.  On my end it's fine.  So perhaps there is a SIMPLE but thorough light set up that is Uber friendly that someone can show me how to set up to see if I can recreate her issue? 

    This is Dawn with my Tina morph and skin and the Hivewire Fashionista Hair with my upcoming hair Strands.  You can see to the right the lights I have in the scene. 

    Uber Environment 2 is set to 50% - Pure White

    Specular 01 is set to 100% - Pale Blue

    Specular 02 is set to 50% - Pale Blue

    Infinite Light is set to 76% - Pale Blue

    RIM Light is set to 100% - Pure White

     

    By

    RAMWolff RAMWolff October 2016 in The Commons
  • Posing a snake - invert "bending direction"?

    The only way to do it would be to export the posed snake, ona zeroed figure, as OBJ, then load that and use the Transfer Utility to rig it. Getting decent results for more than minor pose adjustments would be tricky.

    By

    Richard Haseltine Richard Haseltine October 2016 in The Commons
  • Animation Club for Carrara , Week #2 - Spooky Hollow. Ready To watch..

    For the Carrara files that I posted, I have included the files for the morphs.  Regarding the cape, there should be a file named something like capemainfile.car or similar.  Open that to get the cape.  Hope it works as is.  But, If the morphs don't work straight, then I included the individual morph files so that they can be loaded individually.  Just a precaution.

     

     

    Also, diomede, what do I do with all of these various files for the cape? Are they all separate objects with one morph each? I'm not understanding what I'm seeing here.

     

     

    By

    Diomede Diomede October 2016 in Carrara Discussion
  • Animation Club for Carrara , Week #2 - Spooky Hollow. Ready To watch..

    Okay... Mark fixed his download links - so see above for those. Awesome 3DAGE! Thanks for these!

    I could swear that mmoir did a scene file, and that there was a link to his bat - but I cannot seem to find either of them. Help?

    Also, diomede, what do I do with all of these various files for the cape? Are they all separate objects with one morph each? I'm not understanding what I'm seeing here.

    So far I have the Moon, Hat, Cauldron, witch and cloak, plumpkin and caldron 2, am I just going to use these bat swarms and not Mike's? 

    By

    Dartanbeck Dartanbeck October 2016 in Carrara Discussion
  • How to? Custom Star Wars morphs for M4 and V4
     

    (Still keeping it on the down-low... Words like "probably" and "maybe" seem to placate the Freebie Gods and encourage them to ignore me... ;) )

    Tht's the spirit! About the body morph, I can overcome that by using the Creature pack morphs. He will be clothed anyway... A naked gungan must be a vision to be reckon with tough...

    By

    LennyElf LennyElf October 2016 in Poser Discussion
  • Looking for a Baseball Uniform

    I tried to use the transfer utility to reverse back from the Garen shape to base G2M for the uniform.  I think the hat can remain a static prop.  See here.

    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/1709436/#Comment_1709436

    Thanks!  I'll see what I can do with it.

    (wanders off humming "Go, Cubs, Go!")

    By

    DaWaterRat DaWaterRat October 2016 in The Commons
  • Hunt or be Hunted Bundle... Wow!

    I got that message too, I assumed it was something I stuffed up as did a few things saving as support asset after autofitting to Genesis,

     

    just adding for Kayleyss,

    my issues are not so much with your product which is lovely, as something DAZ has possibly altered in D|S regarding autofit and how support assets are saved in particular using genesis 3, I use D|S 4.7 for stuff with the transfer utility and obj mesh because something got changed later versions and I feel it is related to the new weightpainting system as opposed to triax, generally I avoid doing any fitting of clothes in D|S 4.9 beta if wanting to use the duf file in Carrara or with the DSON loader in Poser.

    Its pretty much a waste of time discussing such things I learnt, I just find ways to do stuff that works keeping older versions of my software.

    I really think what I must do is learn to use legacy rigging in Poser 7 and just redo all the new lovely Genesis 3 only stuff for older figures which I use, in the long run will cause me less grief because sadly I am not fond of animating in DAZ studio at all esp with Genesis 3 where all the stuff needs converting, no aniblocks work, powerpose is a mess etc.

    The problem is that the belt got extra bones which are not translate when using the autofit :(

    But I will put an unparented scabbard for the sword into the props selection. So people who wishe to export the should not have trouble with it. 

    By

    kayleyss kayleyss October 2016 in The Commons
  • Hunt or be Hunted Bundle... Wow!

    Here's a closer render of Gwenbleiz in the mountains... this is the scar version, with normal eyes. I'm currently rendering the version without the scars. For some reason, the shape morphs for "scars off" and "eyes back to normal" don't seem to work for me and I have to manually dial them back. Does anyone else have that problem? Using 4.8 here.

     

    The Scar and the eyes are Linked to the head morph (same for the body). I will do an update to correct that. Sorry if you encounter issues 

    Thank you for looking into this! For some reason, the separat "Remove" icons don't work when using on the pre-loaded character. I haven't tried using them on the character if I used the insert morphs before on a "neutral" G3M.

    This is really a beautiful character, and ´versatile clothing set. heart

    I have submit the corrections to DAZ, just have to wait until they release the patch.

    Yes, if you use a neutral G3M the inj and the remove works without trouble :)

    Thank you! smiley

    Here's another render of Gwenbleize.

    Nice :) 

    By

    kayleyss kayleyss October 2016 in The Commons
  • Hunt or be Hunted Bundle... Wow!

    Here's a closer render of Gwenbleiz in the mountains... this is the scar version, with normal eyes. I'm currently rendering the version without the scars. For some reason, the shape morphs for "scars off" and "eyes back to normal" don't seem to work for me and I have to manually dial them back. Does anyone else have that problem? Using 4.8 here.

     

    The Scar and the eyes are Linked to the head morph (same for the body). I will do an update to correct that. Sorry if you encounter issues 

    Thank you for looking into this! For some reason, the separat "Remove" icons don't work when using on the pre-loaded character. I haven't tried using them on the character if I used the insert morphs before on a "neutral" G3M.

    This is really a beautiful character, and ´versatile clothing set. heart

    I have submit the corrections to DAZ, just have to wait until they release the patch.

    Yes, if you use a neutral G3M the inj and the remove works without trouble :)

    Thank you! smiley

    Here's another render of Gwenbleize...

    By

    BeeMKay BeeMKay October 2016 in The Commons
  • Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 7

    Just checking out some hair- and I opened studio 4.8 by mistake instead of 4.9 (Iray renders a bit differently.)  So just look at the character morphs, not the skin, as I think she may be a bit "flatter." This is out of the box (in 4.8) and she needs some gloss/adjustments in 4.8.

    This is Arianna for Karen 7 wearing Anny Hair  (Gen3F, Gen2F, Vict 4)  I  couldn't find in Anny Hair a movement option to get the really sticking out piece brought in closer to the head, I (see fourth image below)  even went in to Scene>(the hair) and broke it down.) Wearing Cailin Dress. (available in a bundle too, with the character.)  The second outfit was Summer Star Outfit (Gen3)

     I also had to turn smoothing way up (30) as I wanted to smooth the strands in the back-  the ones at the top. I just personally don't like them at all.  The best way I would put it is the other strands are more razor sharp, and those are a bit too wide and blobby. But 30 is too high, you can see (I beieve it is) the skull cap and the hair thinned too much. So experiment and see what the sweet spot is, I remember doing 10 and it didn't do much.The hair is rather cute from the front, with just slight  smoothing to ease the crinkles. 

    I think the promos make her seem a bit cartoony, she's actually quite nice. Good teeth too!

    Seeing this on Anny hair reminds me of an accidental discovery I made using it with Zev0's Fit Control.  It has probably been noted elsewhere, but I've found it's ability to modeify hair useful.  The real of Anny hair is overly high for my taste and I was looking for a control to see if I could reduce it.  One existed and  it did exactly what I wanted. Later I was trying the same thing on a figure where I had not applied fit Control to deal with clothing.  The morph was gone. Applying Fit Control to the character with just hair brought it and several others ranging from useful to useless. 

     

     

    By

    escrandall escrandall October 2016 in Art Studio
  • Hunt or be Hunted Bundle... Wow!

    I got that message too, I assumed it was something I stuffed up as did a few things saving as support asset after autofitting to Genesis,

     

    just adding for Kayleyss,

    my issues are not so much with your product which is lovely, as something DAZ has possibly altered in D|S regarding autofit and how support assets are saved in particular using genesis 3, I use D|S 4.7 for stuff with the transfer utility and obj mesh because something got changed later versions and I feel it is related to the new weightpainting system as opposed to triax, generally I avoid doing any fitting of clothes in D|S 4.9 beta if wanting to use the duf file in Carrara or with the DSON loader in Poser.

    Its pretty much a waste of time discussing such things I learnt, I just find ways to do stuff that works keeping older versions of my software.

    I really think what I must do is learn to use legacy rigging in Poser 7 and just redo all the new lovely Genesis 3 only stuff for older figures which I use, in the long run will cause me less grief because sadly I am not fond of animating in DAZ studio at all esp with Genesis 3 where all the stuff needs converting, no aniblocks work, powerpose is a mess etc.

    By

    WendyLuvsCatz WendyLuvsCatz October 2016 in The Commons
  • Forest King G3M [commercial]

    Forest King for G3M

    http://www.daz3d.com/forest-king-for-genesis-3-male

    Where does the heart of the forest lay?

    It can be found by no man, for it belongs to the Forest King.

    He is an ancient elemental spirit who dwells deep within the forest keeping all of nature in harmony.

     

    The set comes complete with custom crafted High Definition Morphs, and highly detailed texture sets, suitable for Iray and 3DL

     

     

    Product Includes:

    One Forest King Character Preset

    One Forest King Morph Preset

    One Forest King Full Material Preset

    Two Forest King Eye Material Presets

    One Antler Smart Prop

    Two Shoulder Branch Smart Props

     

    Also includes IRAY and 3DL MAT files

     

    By

    RawArt RawArt October 2016 in The Commons
  • Looking for a Baseball Uniform

    I tried to use the transfer utility to reverse back from the Garen shape to base G2M for the uniform.  I think the hat can remain a static prop.  See here.

    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/1709436/#Comment_1709436

    By

    Diomede Diomede October 2016 in The Commons
  • Baseball Uniform

    Here is my attempt to use the transfer utility to reverse from the Garen shape back to G2M.  See if that works.  There is a little poke through.

    By

    Diomede Diomede October 2016 in Freebies
Previous Next
Adding to Cart…

Daz 3D is part of Tafi

Connect

DAZ Productions, Inc.
7533 S Center View Ct #4664
West Jordan, UT 84084

HELP

Contact Us

Tutorials

Help Center

Sell Your 3D Content

Affiliate Program

Documentation Center

Open Source

Consent Preferences

JOIN DAZ

Memberships

Blog

About Us

Press

Careers

Bridges

Community

In the Studio

Gallery

Forum

DAZ STORE

Shop

Freebies

Published Artists

Licensing Agreement | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | EULA

© 2026 Daz Productions Inc. All Rights Reserved.