-
vertex model format how different from wavefront .obj ?
ty
i'se curious what it's 'converting' exactly.
like, the poser figure obj doesnt have normals info in it, but when exporting (to create a morph), poser adds normals info to the obj file.
Infinite Insanity - There's ALWAYS Another Sale! (Daily Sale Talk)GenX2 is such a great thing. I only wish they were permitted to transfer HD morphs. I've transferred HD morphs and it seems to make a LITTLE difference, though...
But, yeah, it's really given me a lot of power to move morphs all over the place.
I just wish it wasn't so crazy expensive. In order to use the Genesis 3 genX you have to have THREE different products (Genesis Generation X2, GenX2 AddOn for Genesis 2, and GenX2 AddOn for Genesis 3). All three products comes up to $63 and as far as I can tell they hardly ever go on sale - and when I have seen them go on sale since I started watching them, they don't seem to discount very deeply. I really wish there was a product that would do that without buying three different products and spending so much. Ah well, I'm sure eventually they will get a really deep discount ...maybe. lol Or maybe someone will come out with a product that will do it without having to buy two additional products. ...Maybe. lol Hey, I can dream.
I seem to recall a tutorial on here someplace for DIY morph transfers, though when I tried the eyes and mouth didn't transition so well.
There is also darkhound's one -
http://darkhound1.deviantart.com/art/Legacy-to-Gen3-morph-converter-1-0-buy-it-here-589021408
Thanks, Redz! I'll check it out! :)
Infinite Insanity - There's ALWAYS Another Sale! (Daily Sale Talk)GenX2 is such a great thing. I only wish they were permitted to transfer HD morphs. I've transferred HD morphs and it seems to make a LITTLE difference, though...
But, yeah, it's really given me a lot of power to move morphs all over the place.
I just wish it wasn't so crazy expensive. In order to use the Genesis 3 genX you have to have THREE different products (Genesis Generation X2, GenX2 AddOn for Genesis 2, and GenX2 AddOn for Genesis 3). All three products comes up to $63 and as far as I can tell they hardly ever go on sale - and when I have seen them go on sale since I started watching them, they don't seem to discount very deeply. I really wish there was a product that would do that without buying three different products and spending so much. Ah well, I'm sure eventually they will get a really deep discount ...maybe. lol Or maybe someone will come out with a product that will do it without having to buy two additional products. ...Maybe. lol Hey, I can dream.
I didn't buy the base and AddOn for Gen2 until they were on sale. Seems to me it was a decent discount, but I don't remember what I paid. I bought the AddOn for Gen3 when it was a new release. I don't have any generation 3 figures, so I didn't get any of those addons. I can see how it would really add up to buy it all at once, especially if it's not on sale. But it does go on sale.
Infinite Insanity - There's ALWAYS Another Sale! (Daily Sale Talk)It is a lot of money, but it's probably one of the biggest bangs for your buck (IMO), because it exponentiates figures, and lets you do things just... not possible otherwise. For example, if I want to make a male figure with succubus geografts, that's normally impossible. But now I can migrate over male morphs.
It's on a relatively short list of items I use very frequently (along with Aging, big morph packs, and Anagenessis)
Infinite Insanity - There's ALWAYS Another Sale! (Daily Sale Talk)GenX2 is such a great thing. I only wish they were permitted to transfer HD morphs. I've transferred HD morphs and it seems to make a LITTLE difference, though...
But, yeah, it's really given me a lot of power to move morphs all over the place.
I just wish it wasn't so crazy expensive. In order to use the Genesis 3 genX you have to have THREE different products (Genesis Generation X2, GenX2 AddOn for Genesis 2, and GenX2 AddOn for Genesis 3). All three products comes up to $63 and as far as I can tell they hardly ever go on sale - and when I have seen them go on sale since I started watching them, they don't seem to discount very deeply. I really wish there was a product that would do that without buying three different products and spending so much. Ah well, I'm sure eventually they will get a really deep discount ...maybe. lol Or maybe someone will come out with a product that will do it without having to buy two additional products. ...Maybe. lol Hey, I can dream.
I seem to recall a tutorial on here someplace for DIY morph transfers, though when I tried the eyes and mouth didn't transition so well.
There is also darkhound's one -
http://darkhound1.deviantart.com/art/Legacy-to-Gen3-morph-converter-1-0-buy-it-here-589021408
Infinite Insanity - There's ALWAYS Another Sale! (Daily Sale Talk)GenX2 is such a great thing. I only wish they were permitted to transfer HD morphs. I've transferred HD morphs and it seems to make a LITTLE difference, though...
But, yeah, it's really given me a lot of power to move morphs all over the place.
I just wish it wasn't so crazy expensive. In order to use the Genesis 3 genX you have to have THREE different products (Genesis Generation X2, GenX2 AddOn for Genesis 2, and GenX2 AddOn for Genesis 3). All three products comes up to $63 and as far as I can tell they hardly ever go on sale - and when I have seen them go on sale since I started watching them, they don't seem to discount very deeply. I really wish there was a product that would do that without buying three different products and spending so much. Ah well, I'm sure eventually they will get a really deep discount ...maybe. lol Or maybe someone will come out with a product that will do it without having to buy two additional products. ...Maybe. lol Hey, I can dream.
Released-Parker for Lucian 7 (Commercial)Thank you, Fusion. :)
Day walker is correct.
The skin materials use the Base Genesis 3 Male UV's, so you will be able to use them with no issues. The morphs for his facial structure will not look the same, but they are independent from the base and do not require additional morph packs. The body morph is a mix of Lucian as well as Genesis 3 Male morphs.
All in all, you will be able to use him. He will not have the same shape, however.
ZDG random Daz Studio discoveries and questions.Dino feathers!! Awesome!!
Have you tried making elf-like ear morphs with deformers? It's quite a relaxing process actually =) The only thing to watch for would be the thinnest parts turning inside out, but with the tip from J Cade (disable backface lighting in the viewport), bad normals show up pitch black. So as long as there are no pitch black spots on the ear... the morph is going to work fine.
And something is wrong with that whole bottle. See how the "coffee" is "inside" the glass? It should look differently when the refraction is set up right _and_ the bottle/liquid is modelled in a fitting way.
LIE Library Presets -- Can you tweak the LIE stuff?OK, here is exactly what I'm doing:
Load a character which has the morph and default texture on it. Navigate to Extreme Closeup: Make-up and double click on a "!Full Face Preset", which applies lipstick, eye shadow and blush. The computer struggles for a bit while it applies the layers and whatnot, but the makeup gets applied. In the "Surfaces" tab, I navigate to the "Face" surface and choose "Layered Image Editor"...and I notice a bunch of new layers that I didn't before.
Ugh. I'm an idiot!
And there we go! I see the slider for opacity! Exactly what I was looking for. I guess I am used to my layers beying a little blockier or something? Or, more likely, I just needed to drink more coffee!
Thanks!
Obj to clothing - Transfer Utility - What do I need?Now comes to hard part, LOL
I am in the same boat as you, have quite a bit of mesh outfits I have made over time that I wanted to rig to the various genesis figures, but have never had any luck with the joint editor or rigging with the transfer utility, even with what tutorials I have found. I actually bought a couple of rigging tutorials in the MP, but haven't had much luck with them yet. Upside is the basic ones work great as dynamic, LOL
Please let us know what info works for you.
Growing Up for Genesis 3 [Commercial]Sorry only got notifications now. These are technically an MR because you can create characters for sale using these morphs. EG you cannot dial up a character from a vendors character, create a character for sale based off that. You need special permission for the morph usage. The MR agreement bypasses all that.
Also no you cannot make a single OBJ or merged version from the morphs. You will break all forms of support and functionality. Same reason you cannot merge the Daz head and body morphs into a single character and sell that. The head and body morphs are a requirement. The minute you do that you break rigging and existing support.
Obj to clothing - Transfer Utility - What do I need?I've been learning Blender and I've got a decent amount of clothing ready to fit to G2F and/or G3F (I haven't decided yet).
What do I need? Projection Templates? Other things?
I know there are a few threads out there that have probably covered this, but I can't find them on Google and as for the search function... We don't get on very well.
Thanks for any help
A welcome consequence of Genesis 3"I've used MCS too and honestly is is too fat in Unity and the API so-so and the 'dressing room'?. I look forward to MCS 2 in the rumours are true that it's much improved are will include an update to DAZ Studio that will allow users to export to use MCS 2 easily for Unity. "
Intersting All of the videos & tutorials I have seen have no mention of the MCS content being too heavy but I suppose it is a matter of different hardware configs
Looking at how the morph3D site is being marketed it would seem to my eyes that the whole point of targeting the unity Developer content market is the Sell content directly to unity developers ready to use as installer packages.
There is a different Cuulture over thereMorph 3D is not trying to get unity developers to start using Daz studio and come over here to this store shop& load content into DS and fiddle about with FBX export rules before they even get over to unity where they do their real work.
That is not very competitive in todays market.
This Why poser pro game dev was Epic fail IMHO
Sure in the past one had to be an Autodesk MAX or Maya Low poly modeling& rigging Guru and make your own content as well as know Game coding.
But the introduction of FREE development tools like Unity and Unreal has opened to door to the Cottage undustrialists and hobbyists who Only know how to program game engines.
This seem to be the target Demographic for Morph3D and even Reallusion.
Well the HW I used MCS on was an 3rd generation i5 with Intel HD Graphics 3000 laptop so not slouchy by any means and certainly better than most mobile HW. The fatness of MCS only occured at the high detailed LODs the lowest LOD was OK.
I don't think MCS or Poser are through developing their products to be more easily usable in Unity at all. If they are they are ceding a bigger market then the one they have had for the past 20 years. Adobe and Autodesk and others know this too.
I did hear that MCS 2.0 will have a better pipeline to Unity from DAZ Studio than is the case with MCS 1. Although I suppose they could developer PBR authoring tool to edit the Surfaces groups to use as a plugin in Unity and then a decent in-game and editor menu system in Unity to apply morphs and such to their proprietary models.
Whether any of that will actually be the case, I'll just have to wait and see. It's certainly not too hard to export to Unity from Poser or DAZ but I was just thinking in terms of a non-programmer and non-artist to abe able to create original scenes and original animations and game play.
A welcome consequence of Genesis 3"I've used MCS too and honestly is is too fat in Unity and the API so-so and the 'dressing room'?. I look forward to MCS 2 in the rumours are true that it's much improved are will include an update to DAZ Studio that will allow users to export to use MCS 2 easily for Unity. "
Intersting All of the videos & tutorials I have seen have no mention of the MCS content being too heavy but I suppose it is a matter of different hardware configs
Looking at how the morph3D site is being marketed it would seem to my eyes that the whole point of targeting the unity Developer content market is the Sell content directly to unity developers ready to use as installer packages.
There is a different Cuulture over thereMorph 3D is not trying to get unity developers to start using Daz studio and come over here to this store shop& load content into DS and fiddle about with FBX export rules before they even get over to unity where they do their real work.
That is not very competitive in todays market.
This Why poser pro game dev was Epic fail IMHO
Sure in the past one had to be an Autodesk MAX or Maya Low poly modeling& rigging Guru and make your own content as well as know Game coding.
But the introduction of FREE development tools like Unity and Unreal has opened to door to the Cottage undustrialists and hobbyists who Only know how to program game engines.
This seem to be the target Demographic for Morph3D and even Reallusion.
GenX2 Update / Genesis 3 Add-On [Commercial]Hey all, I have GenX and I have posted a thread about a problem I am having with it. I am hoping that someone here could help. I am having a problem converting characters from V4 to G2F with GenX. I get to the last step where I actually use GenX to create the morph and I get two error messages in the GenX popup window telling me that there is an error loading target clone morph and an error creating morph from clone.It did it with 4.8 and now 4.9. I had 4.8 installed on my C drive and my content on E drive and now I have my 4.9 installed on my D drive and my content is still on my E drive.
Has anyone else had this issue and fixed it? If so I could really use some help!!
Infinite Insanity - There's ALWAYS Another Sale! (Daily Sale Talk)GenX2 is such a great thing. I only wish they were permitted to transfer HD morphs. I've transferred HD morphs and it seems to make a LITTLE difference, though...
But, yeah, it's really given me a lot of power to move morphs all over the place.
G3F all the same faces?Daywalker03 said "Amd, PAs have made high def face shape element morphs available for users to work with; you just need to buy the sets they are in."
Thank you. My point exactly! You just have to buy their sets, from DAZ3d. You can not make your own HD morph sets unless you are a PA.
I would be happy to buy a licence to use the DAZ3d HD software for non-commercial purposes, but I guess not everyone would be honest in keeping to the licence agreement and I assume DAZ3d does not want the hassle of policing this, so they limit the software to their PA's and all the sales go through DAZ3d. However, I do find it kind of tacky that DAZ3d advertise Genesis 3 as having this super HD technology when in fact it is only available to use yourself if you happen to be a DAZ3d PA, or if you buy a product from DAZ3d with HD morphs already made and incorporated.
Here is the DAZ3d claim for Genesis 3:
"Genesis 3 provides superior control, articulation, movement, gender specific sculpting and HD Morphing technology. Genesis 3 empowers creators with an unprecedented level of customization and detail."
There is no mention (not even a footnote) that only DAZ3d PAs can actually use the HD technology to create new HD morphs. I trust that DAZ3d are a law abiding company and that this does not contravene US advertising standards, however, I'm pretty sure this would not fly in the UK and many other countries.
This is probably one of those cases where creation/creator has multiple meanings that are often overlooked. A user of products containing HD morphs, in my opinion, is as much of a creator as the person that creates the product containing them. Of course, there are limits to what is actually usable in DAZ Studio, at least with the hardware available to the average user.
A welcome consequence of Genesis 3"I think, Poser would be better off business-wise doing what the Morph 3D business is trying to do for DAZ 3D. "
Anyone would be better off business-wise entering the Game dev /content market when one considers that gaming revenue exceeds that of hollywood and music combined.
It is however is highly competitive and one must do research and produce content of the highest quality along with a very competitive license
Smith micro Did attempt to enter the game dev market with the release of this:
https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/20703$500 USD...
Feel free to read the reviews and form your own opinion
about how well it was recevied by the Unity game dev community.Two years later they released poser 11 which is now on sale for $50 USD and includes ALL of the"game export" features that are in the "Game Dev" version that is languishing in some forgotten corner of the unity asset store.
."...and if they were to add PBR material creation in Poser and gear their technological advancements to servicing the Unity enviroment they'd be sitting pretty."
They Already Have a PBR material Creation System for their new Cycles based render engine.
5http://www.jurn.org/dazposer/?p=391The most important thing to consider is the cost of the content licensing.
After the release of the poser pro game dev version ,Former SM product manager Steve cooper was in their forums trying to recruit content makers to build content for the Game dev version.
not sure how successful that effort was however.I have a Poser Game Developer license and yes, like DAZ 3D they have sales for big discounts but it's the Poser Pro 11 or the Poser 10 Pro Game Development versions and not the $50 Poser 10 or 11 versions that are allowed to be used in game dev and I've seen that at $225 but no less which is a great bargain but not $50. $225 is about cheap as you can reasonably expect for all that content and Poser Pro to be licenced for game development.
And this Poser PBR material creation cabability you gave a link to, that's not very informative link but I will look at Poser 11 Pro PBR material creation more closely now. I have the previous version where they have a Poser, Poser Pro, and Poser Pro Game Dev license.
What I mean in addition is the need to create plugins for Unity to create a dressing room and menuing system to change the character in Unity by game devs after exporting as FBXes to Unity and they need to create an easy to use Poser model access API in C# to use by Unity game devs and Unity animators (with the coming Octane Render engine)
Yes, a programmer can do those things easy enough but that is where SM & DAZ are thinking like 3D modelers or programmers - most people using Unity are not programmers or 3D artists and are feeling their way through the best they can: eg I am a programmer but I still have to feel my way though the massive conglomeration of 3D modeling technology that is Poser or that is DAZ Studio or that is the 3D modeling industry - well most people doing Unity as a hobby must do that to and do the same thing with game technology in general and then you add in they must learn 2D art creation or 3D model creation to make anything unique and it's too much to reasonably ask for a hobbyist but lo and behold that is what they are marketing these game dev and 3D model alteration tools as and so that needs to be more improved to make the hype. And, although Unity is getting good at eliminating that learning curve for creating games and with the programming technology learning, again Unity is doing a good job there, I think SM and DAZ 3D need to do similarly as outstanding a job in the Unity environment for game developer and animator hobbyists as Unity has for those hobbyists.
SM and Poser as the experts on 3D modeling, the Poser models, and FBX exchange format with many experienced capable programmers and modelers should make it as easy as possible to create unique characters and scenes in Unity for these hobby customers.
SM has the content already for 90% of the gaming dev hobby customer's needs but they need to be making it where that content can be made to look unique easily in the Unity game engine and Unity game editor directly by the hobbyist. They have not created that sort integrated Poser - Unity plugin pipeline although their programmers are the more knowlegeble and sutied to do so. There is still a big market for clothing and hair styles after that integration is done.
That said, no one else has yet. Morph 3D is a attempt but falls short so far.
I know SM Moho content is increasing in quality & quantiy though not as fast as the DAZ 3D store's 3D content. They need to similarly improve that with a Unity plugin although Unity in January is integrating a much 2D bone system but I'm not sure if it can handle Moho format files natively which would be ideal and the sort of Unity plugin Smith Micro should be developing.
Let' Make Clothing - Genesis 3 ONLY - Part Two uploadedPart One - some basics and we make "Clothing Dummies"
Part Two - We make a dress mesh, uvmap it, apply Shading Domains, make the clothing file in D/S, make a morph, etc. and of course, save it.
could you please update the links
render times commentBasic and intermediate are low quality (crap actually) OpenGL, the same standard that the basic viewport uses and therefore intended for real time display speeds. Iray is a physically real render engine that uses complex calculations for lights and surfaces and how they interact. INJ and REM are short for inject and remove respectively.
Genesis 1: http://www.daz3d.com/genesis-evolution-morph-bundle
Genesis 2s: http://www.daz3d.com/genesis-2-female-morphs-bundle http://www.daz3d.com/genesis-2-male-s-morphs-bundle
Genesis 3s: http://www.daz3d.com/genesis-3-female-body-morphs http://www.daz3d.com/genesis-3-female-head-morphs
http://www.daz3d.com/genesis-3-male-body-morphs http://www.daz3d.com/genesis-3-male-head-morphs-22924













