• Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3D Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
    • Game Ready
  • Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions
  • Download Studio
  • Menu
  • Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3d Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
  • Community
    • Our Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

Loading...
Daz 3D Forums > Search
  • Geografted heads possible?

    I've seen a render in the forums that was a very good cartoon likeness of Dolly Partin by combining I think it was Ruby 7 and Star 2.0, I'd link it here for you but the render wasn't actually intended to look like Dolly Partin and so I have no ideal how to find it now.

    And soon you will be able to mix in 3DU's Toon Generations 2 characters into the mix very easily. 

    And the ever present freebies - you can get closer than you think if you are using Genesis 3 & mythcons morphs in combination. Mythcons freebie morphs are on sharecg.com. I got the toon character below by combining a FaceGen Artist Pro morph (which can do random faces internationally, not just faces from photos) with DAZ 3D Genesis 3 Head & Body Morphs & mythcons morph freebies.

    By

    nonesuch00 nonesuch00 December 2016 in Product Suggestions
  • George is Becoming a Franchise. . .

    You can do it by hand through some magicy something, but I use GenX2 with the Genesis 3 add on, specifically so I could do things like grab cheap G3 stuff and transfer it.

    You open it, load Genesis 3 Male source, search for George, flag it, then transfer to whatever other figures.

    Once transferred, it's just a G2M morph, so all G2M stuff works mostly normal

     

    I guess the alternative is to use George in his G3 mode and try to fit my G2M clothing to him. Damn, I'm missing having my DAZ computer here as it is still being shipped from the UK to my new home in New Zealand. I'm forgetting how I normally do these things. I don't have the Genesis 3 add-on that you mentioned, nor do I have wear-them-all for G3M (only for G3F). I'm afraid poor old George is going to have to stay in his room until I can find some clothes for him.

    By

    marble marble December 2016 in The Commons
  • Movie Set Theme Survey [COMMERCIAL-ISH™]

    Forget the farmhouse chatter, let's talk about those awesome, adorable KIDS!!! OMGosh, they are precious!

    BTW, I voted. I'm an exterior-needy person and modern.

    Thanks, Novica. They turned out pretty good. No morph dials needed! Though I wish they wouldn't grow so fast! The six year old has a good eye for art and will actually critique my renders. He often wants to make everyone smile in the pictures. He's such a sweetheart. heart The toddler has decided pants are optional and wants to climb everything. At least the house is sturdy enough to survive him! I'm not sure I will! 

    By

    Llynara Llynara December 2016 in The Commons
  • Geografted heads possible?

    I don't own the Minotaur, so I don't know if that is a geografted head or just a morph, but I wanted to suggest the idea of geografted heads in order to offer more morphing possibilities. It worked very well with BelBel (she wasn't technically geografted, but the idea is the same) and I think it may be the only way to achieve some looks that would otherwise make the default expressions not work. I think many of us would gladly sacrifice the ability to use default expressions and use the ones included in a specific geografted head instead in order to have a wider variety of toony, anime, or creature shapes.

    This image (forgive me, I do not know the creator), shows some faces that I think would be pretty difficult to morph our current figures into. With a specific geografted head, featuring perhaps a dozen simple expressions, it might be possible. If you do not think this idea would work, I'd appreciate it if you could explain why.

    Thanks very much.

    By

    SnowSultan SnowSultan December 2016 in Product Suggestions
  • George is Becoming a Franchise. . .

    You can do it by hand through some magicy something, but I use GenX2 with the Genesis 3 add on, specifically so I could do things like grab cheap G3 stuff and transfer it.

    You open it, load Genesis 3 Male source, search for George, flag it, then transfer to whatever other figures.

    Once transferred, it's just a G2M morph, so all G2M stuff works mostly normal

     

    By

    Oso3D Oso3D December 2016 in The Commons
  • George is Becoming a Franchise. . .

    I am very happy to find that George looks fine transferred to G2. Granted, you don't get HD details, which is unfortunate, but still.

     

    Can you elaborate, Will? What's the process to transfer him to G2? And can he wear G2M clothing? I have nothing for G3M which is why I've avoided buying George until now.

    By

    marble marble December 2016 in The Commons
  • Help with Terradome 2 inside Carrara

    Wow!  Thanks so much.  Unticking binary morph targets suddenly made this a very interesting product.

    Can anyone provide more detailed advice regarding texturing?  Things look great in Poser - but substantially different inside of Carrara.

    Can always start using other shaders - but would like to know if there's a systematic way to approximate what I'm seeing in Poser.

     

    And suggestions for the Skydome?  Sun?  

    Dartanbeck - do you modify these or just delete and use your own?

     

    By

    Mosk the Scribe Mosk the Scribe December 2016 in Carrara Discussion
  • George is Becoming a Franchise. . .

    Thus 'I wish it was easier,' because those aren't particularly easy. (My inclination is to use a supersuit or similar, and adjust morph from there)

     

    By

    Oso3D Oso3D December 2016 in The Commons
  • Ouch. These prices.

    No not too long at all, there's been some great info and I'm sure other vendors will be looking at this to. Thanks everyone who made the effort, it can only head in the positive direction !

    What gets me to buy are sets that are practical for everyday life, and sets that are operational. I can tell you from my product showcase thread that vendors who don't have separate walls for sets, are pinpointed- and people state they return/ don't buy the one-wall-for-all instead of separate walls. I'm not guessing on this.  . 

    Window shades should roll up- and when it was pointed out Oriental Breeze Pool's pavilion had working bamboo shades, probably about eight (or more) people bought it right away, and many more wishlisted it and got it a month later.  Give us functional sets!  (That includes doors and cabinet drawers that open and close.)  

    For clothes, avoid the stiff crotches on male pants, and the over-exaggerated crotch. Some are so bad, it's distracting. Let people do their own morphing and don't build it into clothing. Or put a morph there for US to decide what to do, that would be even better.  For all clothing, have more than "adjust all" or limited morphs. Some are really limited, to be frank.  For hair, I often find the very tips of the front of the hair have no morphs. (say, the bottom four inches.) 

    So not just my two cents, this is from the folks who stop in to comment on the products every day. We want functionality! 

    By

    Novica Novica December 2016 in The Commons
  • Genesis 2 vs Genesis 3

    That make sense. I got confused an thought the G2M morph came bundled with G2M base. Happy now though. At least I know which figure I am going to be working on.

    I have another question - Can I purchase Genesis, G2 or G3 hair to fit G3, or am I restricted to hair only for G3?

    By

    themarkcymru themarkcymru December 2016 in New Users
  • where the dualquatethingie tools in ds4.9?

    how does it know where the morphs are?  there's no readscript header

    The morphs are in the \Data\Author\Figure\Morphs folder and are loaded automatically with the figure (the settings, not the morph deltas until the moprh is non-zero).

    By

    Richard Haseltine Richard Haseltine December 2016 in The Commons
  • ZDG random Daz Studio discoveries and questions.

    Yea, I messed up a few things on that morph attempt, and it was just a will it work at all without modifying the number of mesh lines, test.

    I have three things I need to look into today, one is about environments posted in the Uber Ara lights thread. The third is an update to Mesozoic Badlands that I noticed yesterday and did not have two seconds to look into or type "Thanks for the update" anywhere. There is now a tool 'thing' that lets you turn off 'instances' (whatever that is), I'm guessing that will help with placing cameras without ending up inside a tree or bush, lol.

    And there was a few things I wanted to go over posing critters made to be used with fixed camera moving environment scenes (put them on a null, and use the null to place them in a scene). Not to mention that the wing joints are not just X-Y swapped by mistake in Studio, the actual wing joints (for real) of Enantiornithes is quite different from modern birds (It would be easier for me to draw it out in a render I've yet to do). It's why the name Enantiornithes, AKA "opposite birds".

    By

    ZarconDeeGrissom ZarconDeeGrissom December 2016 in Art Studio
  • can you design a female for free before you buy her

    Not to my knowledge, but that would certainly be a cool feature!

    But you can use the base morphs that come with the base characters to change the features. Check out number 5 of the tutorial videos here: http://www.daz3d.com/help/help-daz-3d-video-tutorials

    For skin colours, the base colour also can be changed. Check the 7th video of the videos from he tutorial list.

    More advanced shaping, or "better" skin that matches your character would probably have to be bought, though there are also free resources.

    What most users here do is, they buy morph bundles that allow more detailed morphs, like this: http://www.daz3d.com/genesis-2-female-morphs-bundle

    They also buy pre-made characters that look similar, or character that have a similar skin to what they are looking for, and then change these to their liking.

    Clothes and hairs are usually extras, but you can usually get some free stuff from the shop, too: http://www.daz3d.com/shop/#order=price^-1&filtered=1

    For details on shaping and surfaces, or product suggestions, you can always ask here in the forum.

    By

    BeeMKay BeeMKay December 2016 in New Users
  • obese G3F

    Weight differences are available without buying George too but for male or female you must buy the body morph packs.

    By

    nonesuch00 nonesuch00 December 2016 in Product Suggestions
  • Help with Terradome 2 inside Carrara

    I think use external binary morph targets has to be unchecked in preferences in Poser under edit

    as they do for exporting dyn2morph cloth sims

    By

    WendyLuvsCatz WendyLuvsCatz December 2016 in Carrara Discussion
  • victoria 4.2 to genesis 2

    The PA has a thread for the product, so if you run into any problems, check it out, or ask directly. The product has quite a few options, and needs a bit of experimenting, but it usually has great results.

    One note, though - it can't transfer HD morphs.

    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/24079/genx2-and-genesis-2-addon-released-commercial#latest

    By

    BeeMKay BeeMKay December 2016 in The Commons
  • victoria 4.2 to genesis 2

    For shapes transfer from V2 to G2, you need the GenX2 that nDelphi posted, and http://www.daz3d.com/genx2-addon-for-genesis-2

    By

    BeeMKay BeeMKay December 2016 in The Commons
  • Fugitive Pro for Genesis 2 missing v4 uv?

    When I load the fugitive pro for g2 the morph looks right but the uv for the face textures is off. I have v4 installed but there is an error upon loading the fugitive pro figure telling me that a v4 uv is missing. I uninstalled fugitive pro and v4 then reinstalled but the problem remains. Any ideas?

    By

    posecast posecast December 2016 in The Commons
  • Clothes too stiff

    The very first thing I look for in clothing is folds and creases. This wasn't so important when I used Poser because I could add them with the morph brush, but with DS it's a real issue.

    By

    fred9803 fred9803 December 2016 in The Commons
  • Is there a way to fit Santa Baby outfit to G3F?

    Most of it works pretty well.

    1) Load G2F and autofit Santa Baby dress, sleeves, hair, hat, and boots to G2F.

    2) Load G3F and transfer outfit from G2F to G3F via "fit to". Apply smoothing modifier and a push modifier to the dress if needed.

    3) Hide bottom parts of boots (as those don't transfer well) and keep the top art (the pretty furry part) visible and couple it with a different pair of boots that fit better.

    4) And finally load the wrap and "parent to" G3F. The wrap doesn't work if you try to "fit to". 

    So pretty much the majority of the outfit transfers well to G3F. The only issue I found was the bottom parts of the boots not fitting, so having to hide the bottom of the boots and just use the top with another pair of boots, and then the wrap that doesn't "fit to". But again, parenting the wrap seems to work ok with a few adjustments, depending on the pose. Most of the outfit seems to work pretty well though. :)

    @divamakeup - Wow! That's a fantastic render! Great work! I was struggling with that wrap too. What lighting did you use? I love how the fur showed up on your render. I don't think I've got it to look half as good yet, but I was trying it in Iray. What background is that? I love it.

    Thank you! That's sweet of you to say! :) 

    The lighting is a free HDR that I found online and it's one of my favorites. I did a search for it to try to provide a link but wasn't able to find it again. I THINK I got it from one of these sites: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/57531/list-of-sites-with-free-hdri/p1 I also coupled it with some lights from: http://www.daz3d.com/promo-style-catch-lights-for-iray

    The background is from here: http://all-free-download.com/free-photos/download/beautiful-christmas-background-highdefinition-picture_169747.html

    Diva, your render is really fantastic as is the background used.  Thank you for the links :-)

    Awww Thank you! :D The Christmas render was fun to do! 

    I'm glad the links were helpful! :)

    By

    3Diva 3Diva December 2016 in The Commons
Previous Next
Adding to Cart…

Daz 3D is part of Tafi

Connect

DAZ Productions, Inc.
7533 S Center View Ct #4664
West Jordan, UT 84084

HELP

Contact Us

Tutorials

Help Center

Sell Your 3D Content

Affiliate Program

Documentation Center

Open Source

Consent Preferences

JOIN DAZ

Memberships

Blog

About Us

Press

Careers

Bridges

Community

In the Studio

Gallery

Forum

DAZ STORE

Shop

Freebies

Published Artists

Licensing Agreement | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | EULA

© 2026 Daz Productions Inc. All Rights Reserved.