-
Genesis 8.1 / Victoria 8.1
Mazak said:
This figure is so far the ugliest Victoria I have seen, face like a frog, figure like a ton, and breasts of a chicken. (loosely based on Al Bundy)
Classy.
Well, to each their own. I am loving her so far.
Genesis 8.1 / Victoria 8.1Luciel said:
thoreandan said:
Luciel said:
thoreandan said:
Is there a clear list of which improvements come with Genesis 8.1, and which can only be obtained by purchasing Victoria 8.1? The Introducing Genesis 8.1/Victoria 8.1 seems to blur these distinctions. Particularly, are the FACS controls we see in the example video Victoria-only? Because after updating but not purchasing Victoria 8.1, I don't see any way to do what is shown in the FACS example video, but I don't know if that's because I'm just not finding it or because it only comes with Victoria 8.1?
I do like how the eyelids react to rotation of the eyeballs, G8F and G3F did not always do this very well. I was able to use Look at Me (unchecking Adjust Eyelids) with G8.1F to make the eyeballs turn towards the camera, and then the eyelids adjusted appropriately on their own. Some other GF8 products refuse to recognize G8.1F as G8F, though, like Fit Control. It refuses to run and tells me to select a Genesis 8 Female when GF8.1 is selected.
The controls are with Genesis 8.1 in the anatomy section (but often crash when I use them, so perhaps be careful).
If you own a pro bundle (i'd assume you'd need to own a pro bundle with the male anatomy) a version of the male anatomy appears in the female anatomy section.
I don't seem to be able to find any vellus/body hairs, so those might be Victoria 8.1/figure addons.
Hmm, I don't have anything new in the Anatomy section except the 8.1 Female Eyelashes and 8.1 Female Tear attachments. Nothing related to face control in the anatomy section of Smart Content either with G8.1F selected.
For me it's called "Genesis 8.1 Female Face Controls" and is part of the Genesis 8 Starter Essentials (it just has a shiny grey head as the icon). You could try reinstalling the starter essentials or updating metadata or searching in the content library/lost and found. Why is it never simple.
Found it! For those in the same boat, it's under the "Genesis 8 Female/Developer Kit" folder in Content Library. Which is a strange choice.
As for functionality, a few things moved but occasionally it causes Daz Studio to crash.
Genesis 8.1 / Victoria 8.1Ben Oaks said:
WendyLuvsCatz said:
unless they made it Carrara compatible I really don't care.
Translation, likely nothing to see here for me.

I concur. It appears to be yet another attempt to wrangle money for 'New and improved content'. I'm not impressed, and I will not participate in this any longer. I will study up, and create my own content from now on.
It showcases new features, most of which (bar the velus hair, on which we have sent in a queery) are free. Victoria X is the flagship figure for the X generation, so with an update to 8.1 of coruse we get a victoria 8.1 (which is a new character, not just a rejig of Victoria 8, as far as I can see).
Genesis 8.1 / Victoria 8.13DRT said:
melissastjames said:
Haruchai said:
rayglendenning said:
Haruchai said:
melissastjames said:
I purchased Victoria 8.1 and got her loaded up, but I'm not finding any vellus hair? I don't see that listed on her product page as "included" either...but it's listed as a feature of 8.1...so...?
Seperate product called Genesis 8.1 Female Vellus Hair
Is this only available with Victoria 8.1?It's part of the Victoria 8.1 University Bundle. Bundle only it appears.
OMG WHAT THE FLIPPING FLIPPITY FLAP. I bought the character and the HD add-on because I have no interest in any of the additional crap in the bundle. Now I have to return the character and the add-on I purchased to buy the flipping goober bundle? OMG! So I have to buy a library environment to get vellus hair. GRRRRR.
If it said "Pro Bundle" I'd get it...because I know that the anatomical elements only came with a pro bundle...but it says "University Bundle". So apparently vellus hair has to do with a university now...
I find it ridiculous how they are tauting it as one of the major improvements and yet hide it behind a $100 paywall. At the very least they should include it with Victoria 8.1 herself. !
This is infuriating, an advertized feature behind a $100 paywall... I bought the character for the vellus hair feature <=(My mistake, I posted this while still angry, you don't need V8.1 for the vellus hair) I'll wait until the Vellus Horizon Shader System comes out rather than reward Daz for a featured item behind a $100 paywall; ironically if they released a separate Genesis 8.1 Female Vellus Hair add-on that's not part of an expensive bundle, then more people would enthusiastically buy it!
There Edited my comment...
Genesis 8.1 / Victoria 8.1DVoid said:
Luciel said:
melissastjames said:
I purchased Victoria 8.1 and got her loaded up, but I'm not finding any vellus hair? I don't see that listed on her product page as "included" either...but it's listed as a feature of 8.1...so...?
From the looks of it it's another "anatomy" style product. So is only included in certain things, like the anatomy only being in "pro" bundles.
The basic Victoria 8.1 doesn't contain it, but the bundle does, even though the Victoria 8.1 page lists "Fine, short hairs are added to the female face and body" as a feature (which is perhaps a mistake).
DAZ is notorious for their lazy copypasta if item descriptions for their models and bundles. I once read the description for a character that blatantly had another character's name in it. Not even pretending that it wasn't just copy/pasted.
I guess the problem in this case is that they're claiming it has things it blatently doesn't, which is dancing into the realms of you know what.
So maybe they just made a mistake and it's either not supposed to be a basic feature of victoria 8.1 and genesis 8.1 (as it's also listed as a basic figure feature "Body hair has been added for the male face and body."
) or the vellus hair is supposed to be included.
But yes, they do often make mistakes.
Genesis 8.1 / Victoria 8.1Luciel said:
melissastjames said:
I purchased Victoria 8.1 and got her loaded up, but I'm not finding any vellus hair? I don't see that listed on her product page as "included" either...but it's listed as a feature of 8.1...so...?
From the looks of it it's another "anatomy" style product. So is only included in certain things, like the anatomy only being in "pro" bundles.
The basic Victoria 8.1 doesn't contain it, but the bundle does, even though the Victoria 8.1 page lists "Fine, short hairs are added to the female face and body" as a feature (which is perhaps a mistake).
DAZ is notorious for their lazy copypasta if item descriptions for their models and bundles. I once read the description for a character that blatantly had another character's name in it. Not even pretending that it wasn't just copy/pasted.
Genesis 8.1 / Victoria 8.13DRT said:
melissastjames said:
Haruchai said:
rayglendenning said:
Haruchai said:
melissastjames said:
I purchased Victoria 8.1 and got her loaded up, but I'm not finding any vellus hair? I don't see that listed on her product page as "included" either...but it's listed as a feature of 8.1...so...?
Seperate product called Genesis 8.1 Female Vellus Hair
Is this only available with Victoria 8.1?It's part of the Victoria 8.1 University Bundle. Bundle only it appears.
OMG WHAT THE FLIPPING FLIPPITY FLAP. I bought the character and the HD add-on because I have no interest in any of the additional crap in the bundle. Now I have to return the character and the add-on I purchased to buy the flipping goober bundle? OMG! So I have to buy a library environment to get vellus hair. GRRRRR.
If it said "Pro Bundle" I'd get it...because I know that the anatomical elements only came with a pro bundle...but it says "University Bundle". So apparently vellus hair has to do with a university now...
I find it ridiculous how they are tauting it as one of the major improvements and yet hide it behind a $100 paywall. At the very least they should include it with Victoria 8.1 herself.
It really shouldn't be listed as a feature on Victoria 8.1's product page if it's not included with that product.
Genesis 8.1 / Victoria 8.1melissastjames said:
Haruchai said:
rayglendenning said:
Haruchai said:
melissastjames said:
I purchased Victoria 8.1 and got her loaded up, but I'm not finding any vellus hair? I don't see that listed on her product page as "included" either...but it's listed as a feature of 8.1...so...?
Seperate product called Genesis 8.1 Female Vellus Hair
Is this only available with Victoria 8.1?It's part of the Victoria 8.1 University Bundle. Bundle only it appears.
OMG WHAT THE FLIPPING FLIPPITY FLAP. I bought the character and the HD add-on because I have no interest in any of the additional crap in the bundle. Now I have to return the character and the add-on I purchased to buy the flipping goober bundle? OMG! So I have to buy a library environment to get vellus hair. GRRRRR.
If it said "Pro Bundle" I'd get it...because I know that the anatomical elements only came with a pro bundle...but it says "University Bundle". So apparently vellus hair has to do with a university now...
I find it ridiculous how they are tauting it as one of the major improvements and yet hide it behind a $100 paywall. At the very least they should include it with Victoria 8.1 herself.
Genesis 8.1 / Victoria 8.1Haruchai said:
rayglendenning said:
Haruchai said:
melissastjames said:
I purchased Victoria 8.1 and got her loaded up, but I'm not finding any vellus hair? I don't see that listed on her product page as "included" either...but it's listed as a feature of 8.1...so...?
Seperate product called Genesis 8.1 Female Vellus Hair
Is this only available with Victoria 8.1?It's part of the Victoria 8.1 University Bundle. Bundle only it appears.
OMG WHAT THE FLIPPING FLIPPITY FLAP. I bought the character and the HD add-on because I have no interest in any of the additional crap in the bundle. Now I have to return the character and the add-on I purchased to buy the flipping goober bundle? OMG! So I have to buy a library environment to get vellus hair. GRRRRR.
If it said "Pro Bundle" I'd get it...because I know that the anatomical elements only came with a pro bundle...but it says "University Bundle". So apparently vellus hair has to do with a university now...
Genesis 8.1 / Victoria 8.1rayglendenning said:
Haruchai said:
melissastjames said:
I purchased Victoria 8.1 and got her loaded up, but I'm not finding any vellus hair? I don't see that listed on her product page as "included" either...but it's listed as a feature of 8.1...so...?
Seperate product called Genesis 8.1 Female Vellus Hair
Is this only available with Victoria 8.1?It's part of the Victoria 8.1 University Bundle. Bundle only it appears.
Genesis 8.1 / Victoria 8.1melissastjames said:
I purchased Victoria 8.1 and got her loaded up, but I'm not finding any vellus hair? I don't see that listed on her product page as "included" either...but it's listed as a feature of 8.1...so...?
From the looks of it it's another "anatomy" style product. So is only included in certain things, like the anatomy only being in "pro" bundles.
The basic Victoria 8.1 doesn't contain it, but the bundle does, even though the Victoria 8.1 page lists "Fine, short hairs are added to the female face and body" as a feature (which is perhaps a mistake).
Genesis 8.1 / Victoria 8.1Okay, so far so good. The new Victoria looks nice. They dropped the ball with the PBRSkin in spectral mode. And the page lists the university bundle as purchasable for me, I've already purchased it. The new facial rig looks nice too and most of my expressions are still working. Sadly, every expression I converted from older generations to G8 don't. And I really dislike that the stuck the DAZ Iray PBRSkin Shader exclusive to G8.1. I wish we could use it on other models too, like the UberShader.
Genesis 8.1 / Victoria 8.1
Is this only available with Victoria 8.1?Haruchai said:melissastjames said:
I purchased Victoria 8.1 and got her loaded up, but I'm not finding any vellus hair? I don't see that listed on her product page as "included" either...but it's listed as a feature of 8.1...so...?
Seperate product called Genesis 8.1 Female Vellus Hair
Genesis 8.1 / Victoria 8.1melissastjames said:
I purchased Victoria 8.1 and got her loaded up, but I'm not finding any vellus hair? I don't see that listed on her product page as "included" either...but it's listed as a feature of 8.1...so...?
Seperate product called Genesis 8.1 Female Vellus Hair
Genesis 8.1 / Victoria 8.1Missing bundle. So on the actual page
https://www.daz3d.com/victoria-8-1
There is text that talks about
Victoria 8.1 Loving Life Bundle.
Specifically here
"Other Improvements (Read More)
Fine, short hairs are added to the female face and body, male anatomical elements are available on females and vice versa, and the Facial Control Rig and Power Pose Panel for Face are enhanced.
For additional savings, check out Victoria 8.1 University Bundle and Victoria 8.1 Loving Life Bundle.
What is Genesis 8.1? Click here to find out more.
Victoria 8.1 measurements courtesy of Measure Metrics for Daz Studio:"
So my question is where is this other bundle?
Genesis 8.1 Clothing/Hair?Mark_e593e0a5 said:
The clothing that is part of today's victoria bundle is working on 8.0 as well. Same applies to the vellus hair (that one needs to be auto-fitted). But unless 8.0 is explicitely stated as "compatible", its a hit or miss.
Where are you finding the new vellus hair?
Genesis 8.1 / Victoria 8.1thoreandan said:
Luciel said:
thoreandan said:
Is there a clear list of which improvements come with Genesis 8.1, and which can only be obtained by purchasing Victoria 8.1? The Introducing Genesis 8.1/Victoria 8.1 seems to blur these distinctions. Particularly, are the FACS controls we see in the example video Victoria-only? Because after updating but not purchasing Victoria 8.1, I don't see any way to do what is shown in the FACS example video, but I don't know if that's because I'm just not finding it or because it only comes with Victoria 8.1?
I do like how the eyelids react to rotation of the eyeballs, G8F and G3F did not always do this very well. I was able to use Look at Me (unchecking Adjust Eyelids) with G8.1F to make the eyeballs turn towards the camera, and then the eyelids adjusted appropriately on their own. Some other GF8 products refuse to recognize G8.1F as G8F, though, like Fit Control. It refuses to run and tells me to select a Genesis 8 Female when GF8.1 is selected.
The controls are with Genesis 8.1 in the anatomy section (but often crash when I use them, so perhaps be careful).
If you own a pro bundle (i'd assume you'd need to own a pro bundle with the male anatomy) a version of the male anatomy appears in the female anatomy section.
I don't seem to be able to find any vellus/body hairs, so those might be Victoria 8.1/figure addons.
Hmm, I don't have anything new in the Anatomy section except the 8.1 Female Eyelashes and 8.1 Female Tear attachments. Nothing related to face control in the anatomy section of Smart Content either with G8.1F selected.
For me it's called "Genesis 8.1 Female Face Controls" and is part of the Genesis 8 Starter Essentials (it just has a shiny grey head as the icon). You could try reinstalling the starter essentials or updating metadata or searching in the content library/lost and found. Why is it never simple.
Genesis 8.1 / Victoria 8.1I purchased Victoria 8.1 and got her loaded up, but I'm not finding any vellus hair? I don't see that listed on her product page as "included" either...but it's listed as a feature of 8.1...so...?
Vicky 8.1 University BundleSo... no discounts for people who own previous gen 8 characters? Even if they own ALL of the previous Gen 8 and Gen 7 Pro bundles? I'm being offered an orange bar 20% discount because I already own the two older items in the bundle, but no matter how I look at it, $58.78 for a bundle that contains only a base figure, 1 hair, 1 outfit, 1 set, 1 jewellery and a couple of poses equals yet another price jump in six months. And seriously, why are those older items in there any way? They've had time to create an updated figure base but they couldn't create two extra items for the first bundle in a new series? The fact that apparently 8.0 hair items apparently aren't even autofitting makes the inclusion of one in this set especially baffling. It's pretty clear that DAZ's new policy is "Less is More", as in less for us and more for them, and as someone who's intentionally held off on upgrading to 4.15 until they fix the current issues, I'm not feeling much love for this new Victoria right now.
Genesis 8.1 / Victoria 8.1Luciel said:
thoreandan said:
Is there a clear list of which improvements come with Genesis 8.1, and which can only be obtained by purchasing Victoria 8.1? The Introducing Genesis 8.1/Victoria 8.1 seems to blur these distinctions. Particularly, are the FACS controls we see in the example video Victoria-only? Because after updating but not purchasing Victoria 8.1, I don't see any way to do what is shown in the FACS example video, but I don't know if that's because I'm just not finding it or because it only comes with Victoria 8.1?
I do like how the eyelids react to rotation of the eyeballs, G8F and G3F did not always do this very well. I was able to use Look at Me (unchecking Adjust Eyelids) with G8.1F to make the eyeballs turn towards the camera, and then the eyelids adjusted appropriately on their own. Some other GF8 products refuse to recognize G8.1F as G8F, though, like Fit Control. It refuses to run and tells me to select a Genesis 8 Female when GF8.1 is selected.
The controls are with Genesis 8.1 in the anatomy section (but often crash when I use them, so perhaps be careful).
If you own a pro bundle (i'd assume you'd need to own a pro bundle with the male anatomy) a version of the male anatomy appears in the female anatomy section.
I don't seem to be able to find any vellus/body hairs, so those might be Victoria 8.1/figure addons.
Hmm, I don't have anything new in the Anatomy section except the 8.1 Female Eyelashes and 8.1 Female Tear attachments. Nothing related to face control in the anatomy section of Smart Content either with G8.1F selected.






