• Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3D Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
    • Game Ready
  • Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions
  • Download Studio
  • Menu
  • Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3d Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
  • Community
    • Our Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

Loading...
Daz 3D Forums > Search
  • Facegen now on sale...get it!

    I remember trying some face generation software a couple of years ago and it used to always distort the iris and pupils of the eyes for some reason. Does FaceGen have this problem?

    Unfortunately that distorsion problem is existing and in my opinion it makes the program almost useless. It is clear that the main task for Facegen is to create a morph (and a texture...) from a photo. Maybe the strenght of the distortion will depend from the shape of the source - but it is significant. I tried the demo version before I purchased the product, and I didn't notice the problem on the first look because the figure was in the default pose and I immediatly loaded the generated eyes texture. But if you don't have a very high-resolution source photo you certainly cannot use that texture. After I applied the eyes materials from another model the problem was clear - it is even worse if you have a face expression and a movement of the eyes, f.e. "look at the camera". If there is no solution for the problem I will ask for a refund. I have attached examples for Genesis 2 and Genesis 3 Female.

       

     

    By

    mgessat_f159911d19 mgessat_f159911d19 February 2017 in The Commons
  • V4.2 with morphs++ does not work properly

    Hi everone,

    maybe somebody can help me, solving the following issue. I am using Poser 11 Pro. After injecting  the morph++ to Victoria 4.2 things do not work as they should (or as I think they should - I am quite a newbie):

    - When injecting morphs for figures, all head morphs work , but

    - most the body morphs do not work (although some do I am referring to ones that are supposed to work with V4.2 / morph++)

    - None of the morphs in the library at Pose: Poser11/Daz's Victoria 4/Morph Injections/ does seem to do anything (although I do not know, how they are supposed to work) at the same time, I do find some morphs in the parameter tabs for the various body parts.

    It took me hours of trying, without getting that fixed. Any ideas what to do?

     

    Cheers Holger

    By

    mail_2e54a72e mail_2e54a72e February 2017 in New Users
  • Evolution Morphs: Dials not showing in shaping editor

    Yeah I have the same problem too, especially when i have to pay for both genesis male and female morph and even when i downloaded free morphing dson support file it doesnt show on my daz studo. Hell why dont they make genesis morph free or hell install a morphing tool for daz studios next time? In my opinion, it would make things alot easier and not confussing to anyone thats new at this.

    By

    crazy8phil crazy8phil February 2017 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • DSON Importer will not install

    Same with me, its bullcrap that i dont have poser pro stuff and a morph because i need the genesis morph and its only for pay and not free! They should have installed a morph tool in daz studio program to make things simple and not complicated. 

    By

    crazy8phil crazy8phil February 2017 in The Commons
  • Facegen now on sale...get it!

    As an aside, how do you copy morphs to new locations (where are they?).

    I made a morph from somewhere else, and just curious how I can use it/distribute it.

     

    By

    Oso3D Oso3D February 2017 in The Commons
  • Facegen now on sale...get it!

    Create an extreme face morph and you will see why:) With subtle morph changes it isn't essential, but if eyes and jaw are in a new position you will run into problems on certain expressions that are bone driven.

    Ah, OK. Thanks. I will have to try that. And now I think I HAVE to get Face Gen, because I really like my character and it will be so much better WITHOUT the FG on his forehead LOL. I'm wondering if he will look the same on G3? Just wish it wasn't so expensive... I'm wondering, does anyone know if are we allowed to sell characters we create with it using the textures generated with FG? Is it considered a merchant resource? If so, I bet there will be a whole lot of new characters being sold either here or elsewhere....

    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think FaceGen uses the Genesis 3 base texture (at least for gen 3 morphs), altering the tone to fit the face photograph. In that case you couldn't use the textures as a merchant resource. There would  also likely be issues with rights for selling on the face texture, depending on where the image was sourced. 

    The source of images would apply to any product and your distribution rights. As for the Genesis base textures, I'd have thought they'd be of no use whatsoever to anyone who hasn't already acquired them with Daz Studio anyway.

    Yes, it would be copyright infringement to use photos taken by another photographer but it seems there are textures included with FG. There are goatees and facial hair not on G2 and other markings I think. If the legal part on the site says we can use the textures for distribution, we should be able to use the textures, right? They have been selling that product for a while and apparently Daz hasn't stopped them from putting that in the legal statement...

    By

    Wonderland Wonderland February 2017 in The Commons
  • Facegen now on sale...get it!

    Create an extreme face morph and you will see why:) With subtle morph changes it isn't essential, but if eyes and jaw are in a new position you will run into problems on certain expressions that are bone driven.

    Ah, OK. Thanks. I will have to try that. And now I think I HAVE to get Face Gen, because I really like my character and it will be so much better WITHOUT the FG on his forehead LOL. I'm wondering if he will look the same on G3? Just wish it wasn't so expensive... I'm wondering, does anyone know if are we allowed to sell characters we create with it using the textures generated with FG? Is it considered a merchant resource? If so, I bet there will be a whole lot of new characters being sold either here or elsewhere....

    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think FaceGen uses the Genesis 3 base texture (at least for gen 3 morphs), altering the tone to fit the face photograph. In that case you couldn't use the textures as a merchant resource. There would  also likely be issues with rights for selling on the face texture, depending on where the image was sourced. 

    The source of images would apply to any product and your distribution rights. As for the Genesis base textures, I'd have thought they'd be of no use whatsoever to anyone who hasn't already acquired them with Daz Studio anyway.

    Agreed, but I still think it could be against the terms of the Daz EULA to sell the altered base textures commercially. If it were me, I'd be contacting Daz first to check. 

    By

    Redz Redz February 2017 in The Commons
  • Facegen now on sale...get it!

    I love Facegen. Had it for years. Just be sure to rig your imported head morph or it won't behave properly when using expressions etc. EG the face bones need to match the new head shape. Best part of the app is the Interactive tab. You can further match the shape to the photo ref manually just by dragging the mouse:)

    Rig it? Thats bad news because I dont know how to rig :(

    Click on the joint editor tool. It looks like a pencil with a bone behind it. Now dial up your facegen morph, you will note the face bones do not move with it. To get it to follow the headshape, dial up your morph, right click on the figure then go edit->adjust rigging to shape. You will now see all the bones and facegroups. De-select all bones on the figure (left window), click on the head and say check-> check selected and children. Now all bones in head is selected. In the upper face rig sub group you will see bones for the eyes etc. De-select only left and right squint inner. For some reason they act retarded when you re-rig. Now on the right side you will see influencing face groups. Deselect all and only tick Head, Leye, Lower Jaw,  Reye, Tongue and Upper Jaw. We only want stuff in the head. Make sure Adjust Orientation is unchecked. Now click accept.

    Now to freeze these bones to the face morph, open property hierarchy tab and under parameters, scroll till you find your morph. Then right click, choose ERC freeze and accept. Now your morph has rigged face bones. Now all you do is save it to your library and you have your morph with rigging. In most cases you wont realize rigging issues, but with eyes, especially if the position is changed in the morph, and the bones are not alligned, it will cause issues like popping out of eye sockets or poking through eyelids among other things.

    Oh wow thank you so much for your help! I was just watching videos about rigging and I was like Huh? Your post makes a lot more sense.

    I bought Face Gen an hour ago and so far it looks very easy to use. I was afraid it will be complicated like Zbrush was at first. When I opened that app I just quietly closed it and didn't touch it for a year :)

     

    By

    Mousso Mousso February 2017 in The Commons
  • Facegen now on sale...get it!

    Create an extreme face morph and you will see why:) With subtle morph changes it isn't essential, but if eyes and jaw are in a new position you will run into problems on certain expressions that are bone driven.

    Ah, OK. Thanks. I will have to try that. And now I think I HAVE to get Face Gen, because I really like my character and it will be so much better WITHOUT the FG on his forehead LOL. I'm wondering if he will look the same on G3? Just wish it wasn't so expensive... I'm wondering, does anyone know if are we allowed to sell characters we create with it using the textures generated with FG? Is it considered a merchant resource? If so, I bet there will be a whole lot of new characters being sold either here or elsewhere....

    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think FaceGen uses the Genesis 3 base texture (at least for gen 3 morphs), altering the tone to fit the face photograph. In that case you couldn't use the textures as a merchant resource. There would  also likely be issues with rights for selling on the face texture, depending on where the image was sourced. 

    The source of images would apply to any product and your distribution rights. As for the Genesis base textures, I'd have thought they'd be of no use whatsoever to anyone who hasn't already acquired them with Daz Studio anyway.

    By

    BlueIrene BlueIrene February 2017 in The Commons
  • Zbrush Topology has changed (But I didn't do anything)

     

    PS... add me to the list of folks who would pay $100 for access to HD mesh morphing.

    You can add me to that llist also. I have had this Zbrush problem in the past, but since upgrading to ZB4R7P3, I havent had any issues as yet. But then again, I don't morph / render near as much as what you do.

    The big thing people still don't get with the HD tool is that you are basically required to know how to make your morphs in low poly. If you don't know how to do that, the tool is useless to you. Normal maps are generally mentioned to to use since you don't have access to the tool; however if you don't feel you have enough polys to scuplt and you have zbrush, turn on dynamic subdivision. It gives the illusion working with more polys without subdividing the mesh. 

    By

    Male-M3dia Male-M3dia February 2017 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • Facegen now on sale...get it!

    Just look at the: https://facegen.com/artist_legal.htm

    "Legal

    Texture images, morph targets and FaceGen '.fg' files
    created with Artist are yours to distribute."

     

    Wow, yay! I will invest in it then. Hopefully I can make my money back creating and selling new characters! :)

    By

    Wonderland Wonderland February 2017 in The Commons
  • Facegen now on sale...get it!

    Just look at the: https://facegen.com/artist_legal.htm

    "Legal

    Texture images, morph targets and FaceGen '.fg' files
    created with Artist are yours to distribute."

     

    By

    Artini Artini February 2017 in The Commons
  • Facegen now on sale...get it!

    Create an extreme face morph and you will see why:) With subtle morph changes it isn't essential, but if eyes and jaw are in a new position you will run into problems on certain expressions that are bone driven.

    Ah, OK. Thanks. I will have to try that. And now I think I HAVE to get Face Gen, because I really like my character and it will be so much better WITHOUT the FG on his forehead LOL. I'm wondering if he will look the same on G3? Just wish it wasn't so expensive... I'm wondering, does anyone know if are we allowed to sell characters we create with it using the textures generated with FG? Is it considered a merchant resource? If so, I bet there will be a whole lot of new characters being sold either here or elsewhere....

    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think FaceGen uses the Genesis 3 base texture (at least for gen 3 morphs), altering the tone to fit the face photograph. In that case you couldn't use the textures as a merchant resource. There would  also likely be issues with rights for selling on the face texture, depending on where the image was sourced. 

    By

    Redz Redz February 2017 in The Commons
  • Facegen now on sale...get it!

    Thanks for the rig advice, that will be helpful for the weird morph I have that turns characters into quadrupeds. Heh.

     

    By

    Oso3D Oso3D February 2017 in The Commons
  • Facegen now on sale...get it!

    Create an extreme face morph and you will see why:) With subtle morph changes it isn't essential, but if eyes and jaw are in a new position you will run into problems on certain expressions that are bone driven.

    Ah, OK. Thanks. I will have to try that. And now I think I HAVE to get Face Gen, because I really like my character and it will be so much better WITHOUT the FG on his forehead LOL. I'm wondering if he will look the same on G3? Just wish it wasn't so expensive... I'm wondering, does anyone know if are we allowed to sell characters we create with it using the textures generated with FG? Is it considered a merchant resource? If so, I bet there will be a whole lot of new characters being sold either here or elsewhere....

    By

    Wonderland Wonderland February 2017 in The Commons
  • Facegen now on sale...get it!

    I love Facegen. Had it for years. Just be sure to rig your imported head morph or it won't behave properly when using expressions etc. EG the face bones need to match the new head shape. Best part of the app is the Interactive tab. You can further match the shape to the photo ref manually just by dragging the mouse:)

    Are there any tutotials out that show how to rig the morphs? I didn't have any trouble using expdsssions last night in my tests, but if I'm going to consider buying this in the future, rigging is probably a good skill to learn now.

    By

    riftwitch riftwitch February 2017 in The Commons
  • Facegen now on sale...get it!

    Create an extreme face morph and you will see why:) With subtle morph changes it isn't essential, but if eyes and jaw are in a new position you will run into problems on certain expressions that are bone driven.

    By

    Zev0 Zev0 February 2017 in The Commons
  • Facegen now on sale...get it!

    I love Facegen. Had it for years. Just be sure to rig your imported head morph or it won't behave properly when using expressions etc. EG the face bones need to match the new head shape. Best part of the app is the Interactive tab. You can further match the shape to the photo ref manually just by dragging the mouse:)

    Rig it? Thats bad news because I dont know how to rig :(

    Click on the joint editor tool. It looks like a pencil with a bone behind it. Now dial up your facegen morph, you will note the face bones do not move with it. To get it to follow the headshape, dial up your morph, right click on the figure then go edit->adjust rigging to shape. You will now see all the bones and facegroups. De-select all bones on the figure (left window), click on the head and say check-> check selected and children. Now all bones in head is selected. In the upper face rig sub group you will see bones for the eyes etc. De-select only left and right squint inner. For some reason they act retarded when you re-rig. Now on the right side you will see influencing face groups. Deselect all and only tick Head, Leye, Lower Jaw,  Reye, Tongue and Upper Jaw. We only want stuff in the head. Now click accept. To freeze these bones to the face morph, open property hierarchy tab and under parameters, scroll till you find your morph. Then right click, choose erc freeze and accept. Now your morph has bones rigged. Now all you do is save it to your library and you have your morph with rigging.

    Wow, thanks, very helpful but complicated LOL. I still don't understand why you need it though. The expressions seem to work fine without it. What exactly is the difference? (I have no idea what rigging actually is...)

    Rigging is what makes it posable, the skeleton. Without rigging, you would just have a static .OBJ

    By

    FSMCDesigns FSMCDesigns February 2017 in The Commons
  • Facegen now on sale...get it!

    I love Facegen. Had it for years. Just be sure to rig your imported head morph or it won't behave properly when using expressions etc. EG the face bones need to match the new head shape. Best part of the app is the Interactive tab. You can further match the shape to the photo ref manually just by dragging the mouse:)

    Rig it? Thats bad news because I dont know how to rig :(

    Click on the joint editor tool. It looks like a pencil with a bone behind it. Now dial up your facegen morph, you will note the face bones do not move with it. To get it to follow the headshape, dial up your morph, right click on the figure then go edit->adjust rigging to shape. You will now see all the bones and facegroups. De-select all bones on the figure (left window), click on the head and say check-> check selected and children. Now all bones in head is selected. In the upper face rig sub group you will see bones for the eyes etc. De-select only left and right squint inner. For some reason they act retarded when you re-rig. Now on the right side you will see influencing face groups. Deselect all and only tick Head, Leye, Lower Jaw,  Reye, Tongue and Upper Jaw. We only want stuff in the head. Now click accept. To freeze these bones to the face morph, open property hierarchy tab and under parameters, scroll till you find your morph. Then right click, choose erc freeze and accept. Now your morph has bones rigged. Now all you do is save it to your library and you have your morph with rigging.

    Wow, thanks, very helpful but complicated LOL. I still don't understand why you need it though. The expressions seem to work fine without it. What exactly is the difference? (I have no idea what rigging actually is...)

    By

    Wonderland Wonderland February 2017 in The Commons
  • Knittingmommy's Laboratory

    I know what you mean.  There are still a lot of things I need to learn about the software and using all of the tools.  I'm hoping knowing how to do my own shader presets will help with the models I've been making.  I have a few done that I haven't gotten into DS yet.  The material zones are set, but no textures as of yet.  I have not figured out the complicated texturing in Blender yet.  I think learning how to make my own shader presets will make it easier to texture my models inside DS and then I can just save them as DS files including DS textures.  That way I just skip the texture in Blender part because the textures don't transfer very well anyway.  At least, none of the ones I've done have.

    Between what I learned about textures from @DestinysGarden and shader presets from @Esha, I should be good for all of my texturing needs in the future, hopefully.  At least for Iray, I haven't tried doing any texturing or shader presets for 3Delight.

    I made a conscious decision not to dive into texturing in blender.   Given that I'm building stuff with DS in mind or rendering in Daz, I didn't see the need to complicate things.  I've managed to pick up a fair amount from reading web sites and playing around in that I have a good feel as to the technical aspects of texturing.  It's the artistic portion that I still need to practice with.

    By

    TabascoJack TabascoJack February 2017 in Art Studio
Previous Next
Adding to Cart…

Daz 3D is part of Tafi

Connect

DAZ Productions, Inc.
7533 S Center View Ct #4664
West Jordan, UT 84084

HELP

Contact Us

Tutorials

Help Center

Sell Your 3D Content

Affiliate Program

Documentation Center

Open Source

Consent Preferences

JOIN DAZ

Memberships

Blog

About Us

Press

Careers

Bridges

Community

In the Studio

Gallery

Forum

DAZ STORE

Shop

Freebies

Published Artists

Licensing Agreement | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | EULA

© 2026 Daz Productions Inc. All Rights Reserved.