-
Genesis 8.1 / Victoria 8.1
RCTSpanky said:
If 8.1 is "just" an update, why did we need to pay again for her the full price, when we own Victoria 8 or one of her bundles?
Because Genesis 8.1 is just an update. Victoria 8.1 is an entirely new morph/texture set, not entirely dissimilar to the difference between Victoria 8 and Olympia 8.
Genesis 8.1 / Victoria 8.1If 8.1 is "just" an update, why did we need to pay again for her the full price, when we own Victoria 8 or one of her bundles?
Genesis 8.1 OfferingPetra said:
Db3d said:
I'm a bit disappointed that DAZ isn't offer the Genesis 8.1 figure as free or at least to Platinum members. It kind of goes against that blade-and-handle marketing model. I'm sure I'm not alone.
It needs assets like clothing, poses, additional characters, and by offering it for free it would speed up those developments.
Genesis 8.1 is free, you just need to update the G8F starter essentials.
Victoria 8.1 however is not free.
The Vellus hair listed as a genesis 8.1 feature here https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-8-1 is actaully a part of victoria 8.1 university bundle (basically a pro bundle as it includes anatomical elements and is priced as a pro bundle)
Genesis 8.1 / Victoria 8.1ChangelingChick said:
melissastjames said:
rayglendenning said:
melissastjames said:
artistb3 said:
To those new to DS with Genesis 8 and waking up to find that those G8 characters you bought are no longer compatible with new content, welcome to the Obsolescence Club. I have to tell you, however, you likely have it easy. Imagine waking up to find that your G1 and G2 (even worse) were suddenly obsolete. All the money and time invested, much of it down the drain.
Oh yes, there are always a number of people scurring around, excited like it's Christmas morning, "Oh boy, a new version of Genesis!". The end-users who are already heavily invested are thinking, "Here we go again..."
Enjoy!
What exactly is obsolete about G8? Clothing, hair, and poses for G8.1 will still work on G8. All of your G8 characters can be loaded onto the G8.1 base. No complex tool or clunky manual workarounds needed. From what everybody is saying, G8.1 is still the exact same mesh...only with a new UV map and updated facial rig. This is not moving from G2 to G3 or G3 to G8.
So why the high price?Your guess is as good as mine, but folks are acting like the sky is falling when it comes to their G8 figures when they're losing exactly nothing. All of my G8 morphs show up on G8.1, so the only difference I'm seeing are improved expressions and a new UV map and skin shader.
Victoria 8.1 is an entirely new character much like Victoria 8, Bethany 8, Charlotte 8, etc are. Just like those characters had a bundle, so does Victoria 8.1. You can buy her alone, with her bundle (the university bundle) or just use the base Genesis 8.1. There are also improved teeth/mouth realism, a new tear geometry and a new lash geometry. I know the splash page only has the front teeth showing, but they did an amazing job updating the shape on the teeth as a whole and the tongue.
Except the vellus hair is only included with the Victoria 8.1 University Bundle. That's the one that that tripped my annoyance trolley...especially because I started out only buying Victoria 8.1 and her HD add-on. The vellus hair is listed as a feature on Vicky 8.1's product page, yet isn't included unless you buy the (way) more expensive bundle.
"There's Always Another Sale™" Sales thread: Report Issues HereMark_e593e0a5 said:
watchdog79 said:
Why is the Victoria 8.1 University Bundle not available for download via DIM, please?
Edit: I know the Gift Card cannot be "downloaded".

I had filed a ticket. Mainly, because the bundle NOT showing up in the product library does not allow you to use any of the dicounted offers later (a 50% / 60% discount). The response was not too helpful, but it MIGHT be corrected.
In any case, you should file a ticket.
I do expect some discounting to happen tomorrow that also requires that bundle to be available in the product library. Such consecutive bundles did happen lately, e.g. with Cyberpunk. The Victoria 8.1 product page did mention another bundle earlier today (is fixed now), and given that this is the new platinum character for DAZ, I suppose some related offers the upcoming days.
Thanks. I restarted DIM and the bundle contents appeared there.
I seem to be getting the bundle owner discount in all three categories too.
I guess it means it is fixed?
Genesis 8.1 OfferingDb3d said:
I'm a bit disappointed that DAZ isn't offer the Genesis 8.1 figure as free or at least to Platinum members. It kind of goes against that blade-and-handle marketing model. I'm sure I'm not alone.
It needs assets like clothing, poses, additional characters, and by offering it for free it would speed up those developments.
Genesis 8.1 is free, you just need to update the G8F starter essentials.
Victoria 8.1 however is not free.
Genesis 8.1 / Victoria 8.1The Blurst of Times said:
marble said:
The Blurst of Times said:
Hylas said:
What about Geografts?
It depends. SOME geografted anatomy works fine. Others do not work the same way because the Surface layout is all different even if the mesh is the same, so it might balk. Geoshells involved with anatomy also may have issues in the Torso region.
RawArt's Lekkulian for G8F seems to work okay. The head tails are fine.
Most anything that has its own textures will not care about G8.1 being different. It'll work just fine unless there are Shells involved and/or Torso textures (which may get confused with the Body texture for 8.1).
Various boob products seem to be okay so far. If you copy Body textures to the Torso region (or equivalent) in the boob product, you'll probably have to change UVs in Surfaces. That's about it. It's not very complicated.
From the naughty store... 3fw's New Gens do not want to apply. The script sees "Not G8F" in the layout, and stops there. You may be able to apply it manually by applying to G8F, then autofit over to the G8.1 figure. I don't know if it works, but gynocology shots are not a high priority for me right now.
Also from naughty store... Golden Palace has geoshell(s) involved, along with copying materials over from the Torso. So those are going to have issues without some additional work. Copying Body materials to Torso is the same thing as before. Making the shells work is probably okay since the GP shells are used for the GP surfaces (i.e. you can turn off the Body part of the shell, which is irrelevant to the anatomy prop).
Also from naughty store... enhancements to the Daz G8F Anatomical bits. Those seem to work fine because the G8F anatomy works fine on G8.1. Geoshells/overlays for the anatomical bits are fine as long as you turn off the Body part of the shell. Morphs for the anatomical bits are unaffected, and should work fine.
I've just tried the two Meipe geograft products (Headlights and GP) and neither load fully. They stop at the MAT transfer stage complaining that G8F is not selected. When you say "some additional work", can you explain a little further please?
I got it to work with Breastacular, no problem. Same should work for various dForce boobs in this store. The materials transfer needs to be manual, though, because the scripts don't know what to do with the Genesis 8.1 Body surface.
(Maybe I'll do a Cluster Bomb image for this thread just for fun...)
Headlights, for instance.
- (Ensure the Headlights geografts are using Iray shader.)
- Go to Surface tab for your figure
- Copy "Body" surface
- Paste "Body" surface to Headlights (R,L) surfaces
- For Headlights surfaces (R,L), change "UV Set" to "Base Female" if the textures aren't lined up properly
- (I haven't tried this on Victoria 8.1 to see what happens, but the concepts are similar. I just don't know if the Body map for V8.1 will line up with the UV for Headlights)
- (If you use the Headlights geoshell, then you'll have to turn off the geoshell for the Body Surface. Either zero out the Opacity or turn the body part off in Parameters.)
Golden Palace will be more involved. You'll need to do all the same Surface work (Copy Body and paste to any Torso surface for GP). The Geoshells? You'll have to manually disable the Body part (and anything else that shows up as white/blank)... either zeroing out the Opacity in Surfaces, or turning that body part to "Off" under the Parameters tab.
I checked the forum at R'otica and there's already a post explaining how to get the MAT copy to work with the GP product. Not sure yet whether that method will work for Headlights too but I *think* that the method described is somewhat similar to your steps above.
Genesis 8.1 / Victoria 8.1Kantraskye said:
Updated to 4.15 and got the Genesis 8.1 female model. Absolutely love the new face rigging and that all of the old morphs transfer over. My one issue is that the 8.1 lashes have no texture. They look like giant grey windshield wipers. There was no new skin maps for the base model either, as advertised. Does Victoria 8.1 have the same lashes issue? Perhaps it was an incomplete/corrupted install?
edit: the lashes have texture when loaded in with the whole model, but not when brought in on their own.
Victoria 8.1 loads with nice eyelashes. I have not yet loaded Genesis 8.1 so can not say.
Genesis 8.1 / Victoria 8.1After reading this thread so far, I can see why Victoria 8.1 is so expensive. People are not balking at the price and are buying it in droves it seems. Just an observation, not saying good or bad. Tough luck for those on a budget."There's Always Another Sale™" Sales thread: Report Issues HereShould probably put it here as it's an issue with the page and people here sometimes report to Daz people quickly.
The marketing for Genesis 8.1 lists "Fine, short, vellus hairs have been added for the female face and body,"
Then Victoria 8.1 states "Fine, short hairs are added to the female face and body,"
But neither the Victoria 8.1 product or Genesis 8.1 in starter essentials contains that functionality, and it's only listed as part of the bundle.
So either the marketing for Genesis 8.1/Victoria 8.1 is misleading, or the products are missing content.
Either way it's probably going to cause some upset people and refunds.
"There's Always Another Sale™" Sales thread: Report Issues Herewatchdog79 said:
Why is the Victoria 8.1 University Bundle not available for download via DIM, please?
Edit: I know the Gift Card cannot be "downloaded".

I had filed a ticket. Mainly, because the bundle NOT showing up in the product library does not allow you to use any of the dicounted offers later (a 50% / 60% discount). The response was not too helpful, but it MIGHT be corrected.
In any case, you should file a ticket.
I do expect some discounting to happen tomorrow that also requires that bundle to be available in the product library. Such consecutive bundles did happen lately, e.g. with Cyberpunk. The Victoria 8.1 product page did mention another bundle earlier today (is fixed now), and given that this is the new platinum character for DAZ, I suppose some related offers the upcoming days.
Genesis 8.1 / Victoria 8.1ChangelingChick said:
melissastjames said:
rayglendenning said:
melissastjames said:
artistb3 said:
To those new to DS with Genesis 8 and waking up to find that those G8 characters you bought are no longer compatible with new content, welcome to the Obsolescence Club. I have to tell you, however, you likely have it easy. Imagine waking up to find that your G1 and G2 (even worse) were suddenly obsolete. All the money and time invested, much of it down the drain.
Oh yes, there are always a number of people scurring around, excited like it's Christmas morning, "Oh boy, a new version of Genesis!". The end-users who are already heavily invested are thinking, "Here we go again..."
Enjoy!
What exactly is obsolete about G8? Clothing, hair, and poses for G8.1 will still work on G8. All of your G8 characters can be loaded onto the G8.1 base. No complex tool or clunky manual workarounds needed. From what everybody is saying, G8.1 is still the exact same mesh...only with a new UV map and updated facial rig. This is not moving from G2 to G3 or G3 to G8.
So why the high price?Your guess is as good as mine, but folks are acting like the sky is falling when it comes to their G8 figures when they're losing exactly nothing. All of my G8 morphs show up on G8.1, so the only difference I'm seeing are improved expressions and a new UV map and skin shader.
Victoria 8.1 is an entirely new character much like Victoria 8, Bethany 8, Charlotte 8, etc are. Just like those characters had a bundle, so does Victoria 8.1. You can buy her alone, with her bundle (the university bundle) or just use the base Genesis 8.1. There are also improved teeth/mouth realism, a new tear geometry and a new lash geometry. I know the splash page only has the front teeth showing, but they did an amazing job updating the shape on the teeth as a whole and the tongue.
I must admit, the only thing I was exited about when I read the Genesis 8.1 features was the Vellus hair but you probably know that by now LOL
Genesis 8.1 / Victoria 8.1marble said:
The Blurst of Times said:
Hylas said:
What about Geografts?
It depends. SOME geografted anatomy works fine. Others do not work the same way because the Surface layout is all different even if the mesh is the same, so it might balk. Geoshells involved with anatomy also may have issues in the Torso region.
RawArt's Lekkulian for G8F seems to work okay. The head tails are fine.
Most anything that has its own textures will not care about G8.1 being different. It'll work just fine unless there are Shells involved and/or Torso textures (which may get confused with the Body texture for 8.1).
Various boob products seem to be okay so far. If you copy Body textures to the Torso region (or equivalent) in the boob product, you'll probably have to change UVs in Surfaces. That's about it. It's not very complicated.
From the naughty store... 3fw's New Gens do not want to apply. The script sees "Not G8F" in the layout, and stops there. You may be able to apply it manually by applying to G8F, then autofit over to the G8.1 figure. I don't know if it works, but gynocology shots are not a high priority for me right now.
Also from naughty store... Golden Palace has geoshell(s) involved, along with copying materials over from the Torso. So those are going to have issues without some additional work. Copying Body materials to Torso is the same thing as before. Making the shells work is probably okay since the GP shells are used for the GP surfaces (i.e. you can turn off the Body part of the shell, which is irrelevant to the anatomy prop).
Also from naughty store... enhancements to the Daz G8F Anatomical bits. Those seem to work fine because the G8F anatomy works fine on G8.1. Geoshells/overlays for the anatomical bits are fine as long as you turn off the Body part of the shell. Morphs for the anatomical bits are unaffected, and should work fine.
I've just tried the two Meipe geograft products (Headlights and GP) and neither load fully. They stop at the MAT transfer stage complaining that G8F is not selected. When you say "some additional work", can you explain a little further please?
I got it to work with Breastacular, no problem. Same should work for various dForce boobs in this store. The materials transfer needs to be manual, though, because the scripts don't know what to do with the Genesis 8.1 Body surface.
(Maybe I'll do a Cluster Bomb image for this thread just for fun...)
Headlights, for instance.
- (Ensure the Headlights geografts are using Iray shader.)
- Go to Surface tab for your figure
- Copy "Body" surface
- Paste "Body" surface to Headlights (R,L) surfaces
- For Headlights surfaces (R,L), change "UV Set" to "Base Female" if the textures aren't lined up properly
- (I haven't tried this on Victoria 8.1 to see what happens, but the concepts are similar. I just don't know if the Body map for V8.1 will line up with the UV for Headlights)
- (If you use the Headlights geoshell, then you'll have to turn off the geoshell for the Body Surface. Either zero out the Opacity or turn the body part off in Parameters.)
Golden Palace will be more involved. You'll need to do all the same Surface work (Copy Body and paste to any Torso surface for GP). The Geoshells? You'll have to manually disable the Body part (and anything else that shows up as white/blank)... either zeroing out the Opacity in Surfaces, or turning that body part to "Off" under the Parameters tab.
Genesis 8.1 / Victoria 8.1PerttiA said:
rayglendenning said:
melissastjames said:
artistb3 said:
To those new to DS with Genesis 8 and waking up to find that those G8 characters you bought are no longer compatible with new content, welcome to the Obsolescence Club. I have to tell you, however, you likely have it easy. Imagine waking up to find that your G1 and G2 (even worse) were suddenly obsolete. All the money and time invested, much of it down the drain.
Oh yes, there are always a number of people scurring around, excited like it's Christmas morning, "Oh boy, a new version of Genesis!". The end-users who are already heavily invested are thinking, "Here we go again..."
Enjoy!
What exactly is obsolete about G8? Clothing, hair, and poses for G8.1 will still work on G8. All of your G8 characters can be loaded onto the G8.1 base. No complex tool or clunky manual workarounds needed. From what everybody is saying, G8.1 is still the exact same mesh...only with a new UV map and updated facial rig. This is not moving from G2 to G3 or G3 to G8.
So why the high price, it's the same price as a full generation base character?High price? The base character (G8.1F) is free, ok it's the same price as all the Genesis base characters that are also free.
To get the Vellus hair which is described as a genesis 8.1 feature on the announcement page you have to buy Victoria 8.1 University bundle which is basically a pro dundle under a different name.
Genesis 8.1 / Victoria 8.1melissastjames said:
rayglendenning said:
melissastjames said:
artistb3 said:
To those new to DS with Genesis 8 and waking up to find that those G8 characters you bought are no longer compatible with new content, welcome to the Obsolescence Club. I have to tell you, however, you likely have it easy. Imagine waking up to find that your G1 and G2 (even worse) were suddenly obsolete. All the money and time invested, much of it down the drain.
Oh yes, there are always a number of people scurring around, excited like it's Christmas morning, "Oh boy, a new version of Genesis!". The end-users who are already heavily invested are thinking, "Here we go again..."
Enjoy!
What exactly is obsolete about G8? Clothing, hair, and poses for G8.1 will still work on G8. All of your G8 characters can be loaded onto the G8.1 base. No complex tool or clunky manual workarounds needed. From what everybody is saying, G8.1 is still the exact same mesh...only with a new UV map and updated facial rig. This is not moving from G2 to G3 or G3 to G8.
So why the high price?Your guess is as good as mine, but folks are acting like the sky is falling when it comes to their G8 figures when they're losing exactly nothing. All of my G8 morphs show up on G8.1, so the only difference I'm seeing are improved expressions and a new UV map and skin shader.
Victoria 8.1 is an entirely new character much like Victoria 8, Bethany 8, Charlotte 8, etc are. Just like those characters had a bundle, so does Victoria 8.1. You can buy her alone, with her bundle (the university bundle) or just use the base Genesis 8.1. There are also improved teeth/mouth realism, a new tear geometry and a new lash geometry. I know the splash page only has the front teeth showing, but they did an amazing job updating the shape on the teeth as a whole and the tongue.
Genesis 8.1 / Victoria 8.1Updated to 4.15 and got the Genesis 8.1 female model. Absolutely love the new face rigging and that all of the old morphs transfer over. My one issue is that the 8.1 lashes have no texture. They look like giant grey windshield wipers. There was no new skin maps for the base model either, as advertised. Does Victoria 8.1 have the same lashes issue? Perhaps it was an incomplete/corrupted install?
edit: the lashes have texture when loaded in with the whole model, but not when brought in on their own.
Genesis 8.1 / Victoria 8.1takezo_3001 said:
Luciel said:
wizard1200 said:
I think that the vellus hair should be included in the Victoria 8.1 set similar to the anatomical elements.
According to the marketing it should be included with the basic Gensis 8.1 female. So hopefully either they'll fix the marketing or the products~!
It's not though, as you have to pay $104 for that privilege... Here's to Daz proving me wrong!
I hope they do too. I already have vellus hair that came with products costing less than $20 (which I probably got for 60% off or more), so the chances of me spending $100 to have more aren't particularily high..
"There's Always Another Sale™" Sales thread: Report Issues HereWhy is the Victoria 8.1 University Bundle not available for download via DIM, please?
Edit: I know the Gift Card cannot be "downloaded".
Genesis 8.1 / Victoria 8.1brimstoneomega said:
lol, I don't see the problem here. I mean I really don't (aside from the new Vicky bundle, which is definitely kinda poo if you ask me (just the bundle mind you, I like the girl herself)) but this didn't break or make anything you already have junk overnight. If it was good yesterday it's still good today. You don't have to reinvest in a whole new figure, all your old stuff still works (aside from the fancy girly bits I bought from the darker site for daz stuff, but knowing Meipe there will be a fix for the script soon enough, ( oh and expressions, which the whole point of the newish figure is to improve those, so I get it)).
Daz isn't selling you the new base figure, you get it free. Don't want it? Don't get it, problem solved.
I'm not White Knighting them here either, I have a lot of issues with the way they've been doing things lately, as a lot of people do, but this one I don't take offense to, and don't really see why there's so many up in arms over it. I mean, I suppose if you actually had to buy all you old figures over again then that would be quite shady, but you don't; they work just fine. Sure there's a new Vicky, but she's most definitely NOT Victoria 8. Just like Victoria 8 wasn't Victoria 7, or 6, or ext..
I'm with you here; I've made some comments about Daz and have been told off; this, however, seems great. It's free, it works with everything, or close to everything that is on G8.0F, and 8.1 gives us some improvements - and from what I'm seeing they are improvements.
If someone doesn't like it, do what I've done until december last year - not spend a cent. Vote with your wallet!
Genesis 8.1 / Victoria 8.1Luciel said:
wizard1200 said:
I think that the vellus hair should be included in the Victoria 8.1 set similar to the anatomical elements.
According to the marketing it should be included with the basic Gensis 8.1 female. So hopefully either they'll fix the marketing or the products~!
It's not though, as you have to pay $104 for that privilege... Here's to Daz proving me wrong!










