-
"There's Always Another Sale™" Sales thread: Report Issues Here
Wicked Whomp said:
So I'm a bit confused. I'm debating whether or not to purchase the Victoria 8.1 bundle, and I noticed that it states that it includes both male and female anatomical elements, and I was wondering whether that is correct, or perhaps a fumble? It's not a dealbreaker for me either way, I'd just like to know what I would actually get. Thanks!
It did put both male and female in my product library.
Genesis 8.1 / Victoria 8.1Cayman Studios said:
Hylas said:
ChangelingChick said:
Hylas said:
Used one of Cayman's Legacy UV products on a G8.1 - the scripts don't work ("Prepare Genesis 8") but you can still make the product work with some manual fiddling. Slightly more laborous but not really difficult.
Ahhh I didn't realize it was script based.
One can use the product without the scripts. But the scrips are a helpful shortcut, perhaps there will be an update? Would be lovely.
I have done updates for all four Genesis 8 Female Legacy UVs products, and they should be available now for DIM and other download methods. The scripts had to be altered slightly, and there are new UVs for the 8.1 Eyelashes mesh. But the operation should be pretty much as before.
awesome, thank you ^^
Genesis 8.1 / Victoria 8.1RCTSpanky said:
Richard Haseltine said:
RCTSpanky said:
If 8.1 is "just" an update, why did we need to pay again for her the full price, when we own Victoria 8 or one of her bundles?
Genesis 8.1 Female is free. Victoria 8.1 is a new character that uses Genesis 8.1 Female, it isn't an update of Victoria 8 (anymore than Victoria 8 was an update of Victoria 7). Each named character is a new entity, even if it is in the style of a previous character of the same name.
So, she is no update, but why did the webssite say, she is... very confusing.

I have also updated my DAZ Studio via the Install Manager with the updated Starter Sets and the latest Studio Version, but can't find any basic 8.1 character? More questions than helpful answers.
Genesis 8.1 Female is an updated version, that does not replace, Genesis 8 Female - it has new surface goruping and a new UV set, alongside the existing ones. Victoria 8.1 is a new character.
Genesis 8.1 / Victoria 8.1Cayman Studios said:
Hylas said:
ChangelingChick said:
Hylas said:
Used one of Cayman's Legacy UV products on a G8.1 - the scripts don't work ("Prepare Genesis 8") but you can still make the product work with some manual fiddling. Slightly more laborous but not really difficult.
Ahhh I didn't realize it was script based.
One can use the product without the scripts. But the scrips are a helpful shortcut, perhaps there will be an update? Would be lovely.
I have done updates for all four Genesis 8 Female Legacy UVs products, and they should be available now for DIM and other download methods. The scripts had to be altered slightly, and there are new UVs for the 8.1 Eyelashes mesh. But the operation should be pretty much as before.
Fantastic, thank you!
Genesis 8.1 / Victoria 8.1Richard Haseltine said:
RCTSpanky said:
If 8.1 is "just" an update, why did we need to pay again for her the full price, when we own Victoria 8 or one of her bundles?
Genesis 8.1 Female is free. Victoria 8.1 is a new character that uses Genesis 8.1 Female, it isn't an update of Victoria 8 (anymore than Victoria 8 was an update of Victoria 7). Each named character is a new entity, even if it is in the style of a previous character of the same name.
So, she is no update, but why did the webssite say, she is... very confusing.

I have also updated my DAZ Studio via the Install Manager with the updated Starter Sets and the latest Studio Version, but can't find any basic 8.1 character? More questions than helpful answers.
Genesis 8.1 / Victoria 8.1Hylas said:
ChangelingChick said:
Hylas said:
Used one of Cayman's Legacy UV products on a G8.1 - the scripts don't work ("Prepare Genesis 8") but you can still make the product work with some manual fiddling. Slightly more laborous but not really difficult.
Ahhh I didn't realize it was script based.
One can use the product without the scripts. But the scrips are a helpful shortcut, perhaps there will be an update? Would be lovely.
I have done updates for all four Genesis 8 Female Legacy UVs products, and they should be available now for DIM and other download methods. The scripts had to be altered slightly, and there are new UVs for the 8.1 Eyelashes mesh. But the operation should be pretty much as before.
Genesis 8.1 / Victoria 8.1Visuimag said:
Hera said:
I just want the base figure, not the universiy bundle, is that not possible?? (Clicking the base figure just sends me back to the start page)
https://www.daz3d.com/victoria-8-1
Try that.
Thanks, that worked :)
"There's Always Another Sale™" Sales thread: Report Issues HereSo I'm a bit confused. I'm debating whether or not to purchase the Victoria 8.1 bundle, and I noticed that it states that it includes both male and female anatomical elements, and I was wondering whether that is correct, or perhaps a fumble? It's not a dealbreaker for me either way, I'd just like to know what I would actually get. Thanks!
Genesis 8.1 / Victoria 8.1Hellboy said:Great shot displaying her craftsmanship!
Mazak said:
This figure is so far the ugliest Victoria I have seen, face like a frog, figure like a ton, and breasts of a chicken. (loosely based on Al Bundy)
Classy.
Well, to each their own. I am loving her so far.
Victoria 8.1 HD VS. Victoria 8 HD - Comparison Screenshots (UPDATED)The other thing I noticed, is that Victoria 8 is 6 feet tall, and Victoria 8.1 is 5 feet 8 inches tall, according to their respective shop page data. I was under the impression that they would have the same body dimensions, unless that is for the base G8F and G8.1F figures. -David
Genesis 8.1 / Victoria 8.1ChangelingChick said:
Hylas said:
Used one of Cayman's Legacy UV products on a G8.1 - the scripts don't work ("Prepare Genesis 8") but you can still make the product work with some manual fiddling. Slightly more laborous but not really difficult.
Ahhh I didn't realize it was script based.
One can use the product without the scripts. But the scrips are a helpful shortcut, perhaps there will be an update? Would be lovely.
Genesis 8.1 / Victoria 8.1Hylas said:
Used one of Cayman's Legacy UV products on a G8.1 - the scripts don't work ("Prepare Genesis 8") but you can still make the product work with some manual fiddling. Slightly more laborous but not really difficult.
Ahhh I didn't realize it was script based.
Genesis 8.1 / Victoria 8.1Used one of Cayman's Legacy UV products on a G8.1 - the scripts don't work ("Prepare Genesis 8") but you can still make the product work with some manual fiddling. Slightly more laborous but not really difficult.
Genesis 8.1 / Victoria 8.1Hellboy said:
mmkdaz said:
Whoa! Thank you thank you! Cant wait to try out some new shaders, and the new eyes! love those eyes!
The new teeth are also great. Victoria 8.1 eyes and the new skin shader are some of my favorite stuff right now.
What is the new skin shader? Is this only with Victoria 8.1 or does Genesis 8.1 have new skin
I bought the 8.1 University Bundle but no sale perks? [solved]I am logged into the store and it is still offering me the University Bundle for a discounted price
even though I have already bought it, the Victoria 8.1 University Bundle is listed in my purchase invoice
and none of the Daz Originals or Genesis 8 items are showing as 50 or 60% off in my cart.
They are showing as the full price.
Anyone know why this sale is not working for me?
Thx :)
Genesis 8.1 / Victoria 8.1rayglendenning said:
So why paywall a genesis 8.1 feature listed here https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-8-1 behind victoria 8.1 pro bundle paywall if genesis 8.1 is free?
That is a strawman, as that is not the question I was answering in the first place.
There has clearly been some confusion behind the marketing, but the question I was answering was that Victoria 8.1 is a new character, not just Victoria 8 transferred to Genesis 8.1.
Genesis 8.1 / Victoria 8.1Matt_Castle said:
RCTSpanky said:
If 8.1 is "just" an update, why did we need to pay again for her the full price, when we own Victoria 8 or one of her bundles?
Because Genesis 8.1 is just an update. Victoria 8.1 is an entirely new morph/texture set, not entirely dissimilar to the difference between Victoria 8 and Olympia 8.
So why paywall a genesis 8.1 feature listed here https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-8-1 behind victoria 8.1 pro bundle paywall if genesis 8.1 is free?
"Other Improvements Summary
- Fine, short, vellus hairs have been added for the female face and body, bringing added realism for close-up shots. For example, fine, short, and natural hairs can be seen on the arms and face.
- Body hair has been added for the male face and body.
- Male anatomical elements will now work on females. Conversely, female anatomical elements will work on males.
- Enhanced Power Pose Panel for Face.
- Enhanced Facial Control Rig."
Genesis 8.1 / Victoria 8.1melissastjames said:
ChangelingChick said:
melissastjames said:
rayglendenning said:
melissastjames said:
artistb3 said:
To those new to DS with Genesis 8 and waking up to find that those G8 characters you bought are no longer compatible with new content, welcome to the Obsolescence Club. I have to tell you, however, you likely have it easy. Imagine waking up to find that your G1 and G2 (even worse) were suddenly obsolete. All the money and time invested, much of it down the drain.
Oh yes, there are always a number of people scurring around, excited like it's Christmas morning, "Oh boy, a new version of Genesis!". The end-users who are already heavily invested are thinking, "Here we go again..."
Enjoy!
What exactly is obsolete about G8? Clothing, hair, and poses for G8.1 will still work on G8. All of your G8 characters can be loaded onto the G8.1 base. No complex tool or clunky manual workarounds needed. From what everybody is saying, G8.1 is still the exact same mesh...only with a new UV map and updated facial rig. This is not moving from G2 to G3 or G3 to G8.
So why the high price?Your guess is as good as mine, but folks are acting like the sky is falling when it comes to their G8 figures when they're losing exactly nothing. All of my G8 morphs show up on G8.1, so the only difference I'm seeing are improved expressions and a new UV map and skin shader.
Victoria 8.1 is an entirely new character much like Victoria 8, Bethany 8, Charlotte 8, etc are. Just like those characters had a bundle, so does Victoria 8.1. You can buy her alone, with her bundle (the university bundle) or just use the base Genesis 8.1. There are also improved teeth/mouth realism, a new tear geometry and a new lash geometry. I know the splash page only has the front teeth showing, but they did an amazing job updating the shape on the teeth as a whole and the tongue.
Except the vellus hair is only included with the Victoria 8.1 University Bundle. That's the one that that tripped my annoyance trolley...especially because I started out only buying Victoria 8.1 and her HD add-on. The vellus hair is listed as a feature on Vicky 8.1's product page, yet isn't included unless you buy the (way) more expensive bundle.
Even worse, Vellus hair is listed as a genesis 8.1 feature here https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-8-1 and I almost made the same mistake!
Genesis 8.1 / Victoria 8.1RCTSpanky said:
If 8.1 is "just" an update, why did we need to pay again for her the full price, when we own Victoria 8 or one of her bundles?
Genesis 8.1 Female is free. Victoria 8.1 is a new character that uses Genesis 8.1 Female, it isn't an update of Victoria 8 (anymore than Victoria 8 was an update of Victoria 7). Each named character is a new entity, even if it is in the style of a previous character of the same name.
Genesis 8.1 / Victoria 8.1RCTSpanky said:
If 8.1 is "just" an update, why did we need to pay again for her the full price, when we own Victoria 8 or one of her bundles?
Because Genesis 8.1 is just an update. Victoria 8.1 is an entirely new morph/texture set, not entirely dissimilar to the difference between Victoria 8 and Olympia 8.













