• Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3D Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
    • Game Ready
  • Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions
  • Download Studio
  • Menu
  • Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3d Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
  • Community
    • Our Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

Loading...
Daz 3D Forums > Search
  • Genesis 8.1 / Victoria 8.1

    Can someone confirm?

    I am running Studio 4.12. I downloaded and installed - through DIM -  the new Genesis 8 Male and Female Starter Essentials files. 

    As noted, the Genesis 8.1 Basic Female figure now appears in my People/G8F folder. The new figures takes G8F hair and clothes and one can apply regular G8F skin shaders.

    However, none of the regular G8F and regular Victoria 8 characters are not available. I assume it is because:

    1. one needs to purchase the new 8.1 character?

    2. one needs to install Studio 4.15 beta or Pro?

    Can someone confirm or clarify?

     

    By

    ACue ACue January 2021 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • Genesis 8.1 / Victoria 8.1

    Valkeerie said:

    There is so much negativity on this thread it is difficult to judge what is going on. So here we have
     - Studio 4.15
     - 8.1 base figure
     - BJ Noemi Morphs
     - BJ Noemi skin
     - OOT hair (chosen to keep the face clear)
    So I can use G8 as before, and I can use G8 content on G8.1 should I choose. If I use G8.1 as a base I get the new expression  stuff, and I can use the Face Control interface. Which is cool. The only thing to note is the new eyelashes, which are a little OTT, but I could have removed them and used the Noemi set instead.
    All this is orthogonal to the decision of whether or not to purchase Victoria 8.1 and the other items. The figure is okay, the other items are weak.
    So my interpretation of the new changes is "small earthquake, not many dead"

    Wowza.  And I don't even like girls....

    By

    evilded777 evilded777 January 2021 in The Commons
  • Genesis 8.1 / Victoria 8.1

    5 minutes to load G8F 8.1

    10+ minutes to load Victoria 8.1

    This could be the beginning of a beautiful relationship... >_>

    By

    N-RArts N-RArts January 2021 in The Commons
  • Genesis 8.1 / Victoria 8.1

    From V8.1 Product Page

    "Key advancements with the Genesis 8.1-based Victoria 8.1 include...Other Improvements (Read More) Fine, short hairs are added to the female face and body..."

    Also, a screenshot from the campaign page.

    Maybe reword it to say "Sold separately"?

     

    By

    Mr Bowen Mr Bowen January 2021 in The Commons
  • "There's Always Another Sale™" Sales thread: Report Issues Here

    Wicked Whomp said:

    So I'm a bit confused. I'm debating whether or not to purchase the Victoria 8.1 bundle, and I noticed that it states that it includes both male and female anatomical elements, and I was wondering whether that is correct, or perhaps a fumble? It's not a dealbreaker for me either way, I'd just like to know what I would actually get. Thanks!

     It did put both male and female in my product library.

    By

    Ati Ati January 2021 in The Commons
  • Genesis 8.1 / Victoria 8.1

    Cayman Studios said:

    Hylas said:

    ChangelingChick said:

    Hylas said:

    Used one of Cayman's Legacy UV products on a G8.1 - the scripts don't work ("Prepare Genesis 8") but you can still make the product work with some manual fiddling. Slightly more laborous but not really difficult.

    Ahhh I didn't realize it was script based. 

    One can use the product without the scripts. But the scrips are a helpful shortcut, perhaps there will be an update? Would be lovely.

    I have done updates for all four Genesis 8 Female Legacy UVs products, and they should be available now for DIM and other download methods.  The scripts had to be altered slightly, and there are new UVs for the 8.1 Eyelashes mesh.  But the operation should be pretty much as before. 

    awesome, thank you ^^ 

    By

    manekiNeko manekiNeko January 2021 in The Commons
  • Genesis 8.1 / Victoria 8.1

    RCTSpanky said:

    Richard Haseltine said:

    RCTSpanky said:

    If 8.1 is "just" an update, why did we need to pay again for her the full price, when we own Victoria 8 or one of her bundles?

    Genesis 8.1 Female is free. Victoria 8.1 is a new character that uses Genesis 8.1 Female, it isn't an update of Victoria 8 (anymore than Victoria 8 was an update of Victoria 7). Each named character is a new entity, even if it is in the style of a previous character of the same name.

    So, she is no update, but why did the webssite say, she is... very confusing.

    I have also updated my DAZ Studio via the Install Manager with the updated Starter Sets and the latest Studio Version, but can't find any basic 8.1 character? More questions than helpful answers.

    Genesis 8.1 Female is an updated version, that does not replace, Genesis 8 Female - it has new surface goruping and a new UV set, alongside the existing ones. Victoria 8.1 is a new character.

    By

    Richard Haseltine Richard Haseltine January 2021 in The Commons
  • Genesis 8.1 / Victoria 8.1

    Cayman Studios said:

    Hylas said:

    ChangelingChick said:

    Hylas said:

    Used one of Cayman's Legacy UV products on a G8.1 - the scripts don't work ("Prepare Genesis 8") but you can still make the product work with some manual fiddling. Slightly more laborous but not really difficult.

    Ahhh I didn't realize it was script based. 

    One can use the product without the scripts. But the scrips are a helpful shortcut, perhaps there will be an update? Would be lovely.

    I have done updates for all four Genesis 8 Female Legacy UVs products, and they should be available now for DIM and other download methods.  The scripts had to be altered slightly, and there are new UVs for the 8.1 Eyelashes mesh.  But the operation should be pretty much as before. 

    Fantastic, thank you!

    By

    Hylas Hylas January 2021 in The Commons
  • Genesis 8.1 / Victoria 8.1

    Richard Haseltine said:

    RCTSpanky said:

    If 8.1 is "just" an update, why did we need to pay again for her the full price, when we own Victoria 8 or one of her bundles?

    Genesis 8.1 Female is free. Victoria 8.1 is a new character that uses Genesis 8.1 Female, it isn't an update of Victoria 8 (anymore than Victoria 8 was an update of Victoria 7). Each named character is a new entity, even if it is in the style of a previous character of the same name.

    So, she is no update, but why did the webssite say, she is... very confusing.

    I have also updated my DAZ Studio via the Install Manager with the updated Starter Sets and the latest Studio Version, but can't find any basic 8.1 character? More questions than helpful answers.

    By

    RCTSpanky RCTSpanky January 2021 in The Commons
  • Genesis 8.1 / Victoria 8.1

    Hylas said:

    ChangelingChick said:

    Hylas said:

    Used one of Cayman's Legacy UV products on a G8.1 - the scripts don't work ("Prepare Genesis 8") but you can still make the product work with some manual fiddling. Slightly more laborous but not really difficult.

    Ahhh I didn't realize it was script based. 

    One can use the product without the scripts. But the scrips are a helpful shortcut, perhaps there will be an update? Would be lovely.

    I have done updates for all four Genesis 8 Female Legacy UVs products, and they should be available now for DIM and other download methods.  The scripts had to be altered slightly, and there are new UVs for the 8.1 Eyelashes mesh.  But the operation should be pretty much as before. 

    By

    Cayman Studios Cayman Studios January 2021 in The Commons
  • Genesis 8.1 / Victoria 8.1

    Visuimag said:

    Hera said:

    I just want the base figure, not the universiy bundle, is that not possible?? (Clicking the base figure just sends me back to the start page)

    https://www.daz3d.com/victoria-8-1

    Try that. 

    Thanks, that worked :)

     

    By

    Hera Hera January 2021 in The Commons
  • "There's Always Another Sale™" Sales thread: Report Issues Here

    So I'm a bit confused. I'm debating whether or not to purchase the Victoria 8.1 bundle, and I noticed that it states that it includes both male and female anatomical elements, and I was wondering whether that is correct, or perhaps a fumble? It's not a dealbreaker for me either way, I'd just like to know what I would actually get. Thanks!

    By

    Wicked One Wicked One January 2021 in The Commons
  • Genesis 8.1 / Victoria 8.1

    Hellboy said:Great shot displaying her craftsmanship!

    Mazak said:

    This figure is so far the ugliest Victoria I have seen, face like a frog, figure like a ton, and breasts of a chicken. (loosely based on Al Bundy)

    Classy.

    Well, to each their own. I am loving her so far. 

    By

    Alitaman Alitaman January 2021 in The Commons
  • Victoria 8.1 HD VS. Victoria 8 HD - Comparison Screenshots (UPDATED)

    The other thing I noticed, is that Victoria 8 is 6 feet tall, and Victoria 8.1 is 5 feet 8 inches tall, according to their respective shop page data.  I was under the impression that they would have the same body dimensions, unless that is for the base G8F and G8.1F figures. -David

    By

    Starkdog Starkdog January 2021 in The Commons
  • Genesis 8.1 / Victoria 8.1

    ChangelingChick said:

    Hylas said:

    Used one of Cayman's Legacy UV products on a G8.1 - the scripts don't work ("Prepare Genesis 8") but you can still make the product work with some manual fiddling. Slightly more laborous but not really difficult.

    Ahhh I didn't realize it was script based. 

    One can use the product without the scripts. But the scrips are a helpful shortcut, perhaps there will be an update? Would be lovely.

    By

    Hylas Hylas January 2021 in The Commons
  • Genesis 8.1 / Victoria 8.1

    Hylas said:

    Used one of Cayman's Legacy UV products on a G8.1 - the scripts don't work ("Prepare Genesis 8") but you can still make the product work with some manual fiddling. Slightly more laborous but not really difficult.

    Ahhh I didn't realize it was script based. 

    By

    ChangelingChick ChangelingChick January 2021 in The Commons
  • Genesis 8.1 / Victoria 8.1

    Used one of Cayman's Legacy UV products on a G8.1 - the scripts don't work ("Prepare Genesis 8") but you can still make the product work with some manual fiddling. Slightly more laborous but not really difficult.

    By

    Hylas Hylas January 2021 in The Commons
  • Genesis 8.1 / Victoria 8.1

    Hellboy said:

    mmkdaz said:

    Whoa! Thank you thank you! Cant wait to try out some new shaders, and the new eyes! love those eyes!

    The new teeth are also great. Victoria 8.1 eyes and the new skin shader are some of my favorite stuff right now.

    What is the new skin shader?  Is this only with Victoria 8.1 or does Genesis 8.1 have new skin

    By

    ALLIEKATBLUE ALLIEKATBLUE January 2021 in The Commons
  • I bought the 8.1 University Bundle but no sale perks? [solved]

    I am logged into the store and it is still offering me the University Bundle for a discounted price

    even though I have already bought it, the Victoria 8.1 University Bundle is listed in my purchase invoice

    and none of the Daz Originals  or Genesis 8 items are showing as 50 or 60% off in my cart.

    They are showing as the full price. 

    Anyone know why this sale is not working for me?

    Thx :)

    By

    EZ3DTV EZ3DTV January 2021 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • Genesis 8.1 / Victoria 8.1

    rayglendenning said:

    So why paywall a genesis 8.1 feature listed here https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-8-1 behind victoria 8.1 pro bundle paywall if genesis 8.1 is free?

    That is a strawman, as that is not the question I was answering in the first place.

    There has clearly been some confusion behind the marketing, but the question I was answering was that Victoria 8.1 is a new character, not just Victoria 8 transferred to Genesis 8.1.

     

    By

    Matt_Castle Matt_Castle January 2021 in The Commons
Previous Next
Adding to Cart…

Daz 3D is part of Tafi

Connect

DAZ Productions, Inc.
7533 S Center View Ct #4664
West Jordan, UT 84084

HELP

Contact Us

Tutorials

Help Center

Sell Your 3D Content

Affiliate Program

Documentation Center

Open Source

Consent Preferences

JOIN DAZ

Memberships

Blog

About Us

Press

Careers

Bridges

Community

In the Studio

Gallery

Forum

DAZ STORE

Shop

Freebies

Published Artists

Licensing Agreement | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | EULA

© 2026 Daz Productions Inc. All Rights Reserved.