• Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3D Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
    • Game Ready
  • Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions
  • Download Studio
  • Menu
  • Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3d Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
  • Community
    • Our Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

Loading...
Daz 3D Forums > Search
  • Genesis 8.1 / Victoria 8.1

    Matt_Castle said:

    skboa said:

    You can use it on genesis 8.1, but you have to own Victoria 8.1 to get it.

    The new PBRSkin shader is in the updated Default Resources pack.

    Owning Victoria 8.1 is not a prerequisite.

    Oh, my bad then, I didn't notice it before I bought Vick 8.1, sorry for the misinformation.

    By

    skboa skboa January 2021 in The Commons
  • Victoria 8.1 HD VS. Victoria 8 HD - Comparison Screenshots (UPDATED)

    Why does Victoria 8.1 look so much darker in these side by side shots? Is it something to do with the lighting?

    By

    Riggswolfe Riggswolfe January 2021 in The Commons
  • Genesis 8.1 / Victoria 8.1

    G8F with Misumi morph and skin mat. Vellus hair and Victoria 8.1 eyes and eyelashes. Love the expressions.

     

     

    By

    Petra Petra January 2021 in The Commons
  • Genesis 8.1 / Victoria 8.1

    Matt_Castle said:

    skboa said:

    You can use it on genesis 8.1, but you have to own Victoria 8.1 to get it.

    The new PBRSkin shader is in the updated Default Resources pack.

    Owning Victoria 8.1 is not a prerequisite.

    thank you, I was confused because I clearly saw the PBRSkin Shader in my Iray shaders,  but now the issue is when I apply that skin shader to G8.1 and then apply a texture from a G8 figure it seems to wipeout the skin shader.  How do I get both that shader and a G8 texture on G8.1 ? 

    By

    Kharma Kharma January 2021 in The Commons
  • Genesis 8.1 / Victoria 8.1

    skboa said:

    You can use it on genesis 8.1, but you have to own Victoria 8.1 to get it.

    The new PBRSkin shader is in the updated Default Resources pack.

    Owning Victoria 8.1 is not a prerequisite.

    By

    Matt_Castle Matt_Castle January 2021 in The Commons
  • Genesis 8.1 / Victoria 8.1

    I'm confused. I've been debating whether I should buy the Victoria 8.1 bundle today, and went ahead and figured I'd try the new features using the base model first. I noticed that there isn't a Genesis 8.1 Male at all, yet the Genesis 8.1 feature page clearly lists improvements to the male model as well. What gives?

    By

    Wicked One Wicked One January 2021 in The Commons
  • Genesis 8.1 / Victoria 8.1

    Kharma said:

    rayglendenning said:

    Kharma said:

    JB007 said:

    ChangelingChick said:

    JB007 said:

    Is it just me being idiot or .... .

    I'm not seeing anything different .. everything is installed .. I load a standard G8 female into a scene and then G8.1 female .. I render out the G8 and then the G8.1 .. load them into a paint package and flip back and forth between them .. other than different shaped eye lashes .. the skins are identical ..  ok, maybe an extra little gloss on the 8.1 lips .. but .. Should i be seeing something different besides those couple of things between G8 and G8.1???

     

    Nope. Same mesh. Same shape. Same skin basically. You should notice that 8.1 has a second mat zone for the Torso area-- now it's Body & Head. Also, the mouth realism is amazingly improved. The expression system is also different and improved. There is a new eyelash mesh and a separate tear mesh that both step up the realism overall. The tear in particular does amazing things to the eyes in renders. There are new UVs available to use as well and are a little different on the face, neck and torso. Also the new eye UV is unified so there is no gap between the pupil and iris or the iris and sclera. The new shader that is available isn't used on G8.1 but is on Victoria 8.1 and will likely continue to be used moving forward. It was designed specifically for skin to be more in line with standard PBR shaders (as I recall).

    Ha! I've been sat here for 3 hours trying to forensically determine the difference between renders .. doh! 

    I haven't purchased Victoria 8.1 yet as I wanted to check out G8.1 first , according to my red hilite on the above comment the new skin shader is useless unless I get V8.1?

      Everything else I have tried  has worked fine except Studio shut down the first time I tried the Face Controls once I restarted DS it worked fine.  Unfortunately I don't have much installed right now to test much but the couple G8 textures I applied to 8.1 worked fine 

    Gensesis 8.1 is the base, if you want any thing on top of the base mesh you need to buy victoria 8.1 (including the genisis 8.1 vellus hairs)... there are worth it but falsle advertive

     

    I should have been more clear... Does the new Skin Shader work on Genesis 8.1 or do you have to have Victoria 8.1 to see any benefits from  it?  I saw various posts saying you can use it just like any shader on anything.

    You can use it on genesis 8.1, but you have to own Victoria 8.1 to get it.

    By

    skboa skboa January 2021 in The Commons
  • Genesis 8.1 / Victoria 8.1

    rayglendenning said:

    Kharma said:

    JB007 said:

    ChangelingChick said:

    JB007 said:

    Is it just me being idiot or .... .

    I'm not seeing anything different .. everything is installed .. I load a standard G8 female into a scene and then G8.1 female .. I render out the G8 and then the G8.1 .. load them into a paint package and flip back and forth between them .. other than different shaped eye lashes .. the skins are identical ..  ok, maybe an extra little gloss on the 8.1 lips .. but .. Should i be seeing something different besides those couple of things between G8 and G8.1???

     

    Nope. Same mesh. Same shape. Same skin basically. You should notice that 8.1 has a second mat zone for the Torso area-- now it's Body & Head. Also, the mouth realism is amazingly improved. The expression system is also different and improved. There is a new eyelash mesh and a separate tear mesh that both step up the realism overall. The tear in particular does amazing things to the eyes in renders. There are new UVs available to use as well and are a little different on the face, neck and torso. Also the new eye UV is unified so there is no gap between the pupil and iris or the iris and sclera. The new shader that is available isn't used on G8.1 but is on Victoria 8.1 and will likely continue to be used moving forward. It was designed specifically for skin to be more in line with standard PBR shaders (as I recall).

    Ha! I've been sat here for 3 hours trying to forensically determine the difference between renders .. doh! 

    I haven't purchased Victoria 8.1 yet as I wanted to check out G8.1 first , according to my red hilite on the above comment the new skin shader is useless unless I get V8.1?

      Everything else I have tried  has worked fine except Studio shut down the first time I tried the Face Controls once I restarted DS it worked fine.  Unfortunately I don't have much installed right now to test much but the couple G8 textures I applied to 8.1 worked fine 

    Gensesis 8.1 is the base, if you want any thing on top of the base mesh you need to buy victoria 8.1 (including the genisis 8.1 vellus hairs)... there are worth it but falsle advertive

     

    I should have been more clear... Does the new Skin Shader work on Genesis 8.1 or do you have to have Victoria 8.1 to see any benefits from  it?  I saw various posts saying you can use it just like any shader on anything.

    By

    Kharma Kharma January 2021 in The Commons
  • Genesis 8.1 / Victoria 8.1

    JOdel said:

    And, hint; claiming that it needs the latest version of Studio *is not a selling point*. 

     I've been a bit out of the loop recently - ist there some sort of giant problem with the new version of Studio, that one should know about, before installing it? surprise

    Sorry for the OT...kind of surprised about the new Victoria - her physique looks a lot more 'normal 'than earlier versions of Vicky. Which ain't a bad thing at all, just seems to me this would have been traditionally Stephanie's niche, with Victoria usually being some sort of giant supermodel character.

    Other than that, I don't find most of the differences / improvements between 8.0 and 8.1 I've been seeing so far not particulalry striking, but on the other hand, I also don't see much of a downside. Just...Bethany 8.1, please? Or Lilith? Or Rune? I'll upgrade for that!

    By

    Barubary Barubary January 2021 in The Commons
  • Genesis 8.1 / Victoria 8.1

    rayglendenning said:

    plasma_ring said:

    Daikatana said:

    OK, after reading through this thread, I have three points to put forward:

    1) G8.1/Victoria 8.1is more of an update with extended/changed functionality than a completely new figure.  Not sure why we should be paying full price for an updated version.  Also the neck seam issue and the issue surrounding geoshells ( used most often for makeup and tattoos) are problematic to say the least.

    Victoria 8.1 costs the same as the other core characters, I think, and she herself is an entirely new character--not because she's 8.1, but because she's a new sculpt with her own bundle and addons and that's the price they charge for those. They seem to have used the Victoria 8 name to mark the 8.1 release, but she's basically just the first original character released with 8.1 features and not an upgrade to the original Victoria 8 figure. 

    GF8.1, on the other hand, is a 1:1 upgrade for the original G8F figure. It probably would have caused less confusion if they'd released both the male and female base figures up front and concentrated all messaging on the base upgrade. 

    Bingo, they messed up big time using an exising name... never understood the relience on names anyway... Victorial 8.1 should've had her own name with no connections and no expectations!

    Core characters in general are in a weird place right now because they used to be treated as platforms to build further specialized characters on. They aren't really that now, for the most part (I think this still works for very unique body shapes like the babies and Topsy/Drutherson), and recent bundles have increasingly included characters that don't depend on the core character at all. So it's hard to pinpoint what's supposed to make them different from any PA character, such that they cost over twice as much as most of them. 

    Victoria's history as an actual base character complicates things because she's sometimes still treated as a must-have figure even though it's possible to fully use G8 without ever owning or using her. A bunch of vendors have made products designed specifically for Victoria 8, sometimes relying on her skin texture or morphs to work properly, and since many of them are a few years old I wonder whether that was done with the expectation that she'd be the center of an ongoing character system (I assume some of them just genuinely love Vicky). But as a relatively new user who started after G8, I definitely thought owning Victoria 8 would be way more important than it turned out to be because of how she was implictly treated as sort of an advanced version of the G8F base.

    TL;DR I can understand some of the confusion over whether or not Victoria 8.1 is necessary for the upgrade because she's positioned as part of the system in the copy, and I'm honestly not sure if that's their intent going forward or if she's just being used to demonstrate a step up from the free base to a core character. 

    By

    plasma_ring plasma_ring January 2021 in The Commons
  • Genesis 8.1 / Victoria 8.1

    "Madame Walter", a renowned and infamous dual-binary figure of great mystery and intrigue...

    (Victoria 8.1)

     

    Patiently awaiting Michael 8.1 :)

    By

    EZ3DTV EZ3DTV January 2021 in The Commons
  • Genesis 8.1 / Victoria 8.1

    RexRed said:

    Skin Manager won't run using Victoria 8.1

    I use Skin Manager a lot.

    I hope an update will fix this.

    As is isn't a new character, doh, I trust the person whom created this is ok

    By

    rayglendenning rayglendenning January 2021 in The Commons
  • Genesis 8.1 / Victoria 8.1

    JB007 said:

    ChangelingChick said:

    JB007 said:

    Is it just me being idiot or .... .

    I'm not seeing anything different .. everything is installed .. I load a standard G8 female into a scene and then G8.1 female .. I render out the G8 and then the G8.1 .. load them into a paint package and flip back and forth between them .. other than different shaped eye lashes .. the skins are identical ..  ok, maybe an extra little gloss on the 8.1 lips .. but .. Should i be seeing something different besides those couple of things between G8 and G8.1???

     

    Nope. Same mesh. Same shape. Same skin basically. You should notice that 8.1 has a second mat zone for the Torso area-- now it's Body & Head. Also, the mouth realism is amazingly improved. The expression system is also different and improved. There is a new eyelash mesh and a separate tear mesh that both step up the realism overall. The tear in particular does amazing things to the eyes in renders. There are new UVs available to use as well and are a little different on the face, neck and torso. Also the new eye UV is unified so there is no gap between the pupil and iris or the iris and sclera. The new shader that is available isn't used on G8.1 but is on Victoria 8.1 and will likely continue to be used moving forward. It was designed specifically for skin to be more in line with standard PBR shaders (as I recall).

    Ha! I've been sat here for 3 hours trying to forensically determine the difference between renders .. doh! 

    I haven't purchased Victoria 8.1 yet as I wanted to check out G8.1 first , according to my red hilite on the above comment the new skin shader is useless unless I get V8.1?

      Everything else I have tried  has worked fine except Studio shut down the first time I tried the Face Controls once I restarted DS it worked fine.  Unfortunately I don't have much installed right now to test much but the couple G8 textures I applied to 8.1 worked fine 

    By

    Kharma Kharma January 2021 in The Commons
  • Genesis 8.1 / Victoria 8.1

    rayglendenning said:

    Haruchai said:

    melissastjames said:

    I purchased Victoria 8.1 and got her loaded up, but I'm not finding any vellus hair? I don't see that listed on her product page as "included" either...but it's listed as a feature of 8.1...so...?

    Seperate product called Genesis 8.1 Female Vellus Hair

    Is this only available with Victoria 8.1?

    I got it with the Victoria 8.1 University Bundle. 

    By

    Petra Petra January 2021 in The Commons
  • PostgreSQL Error Message -- SOLVED!

    Why am I suddenly getting this message? No matter what I do, it keeps coming up. I even uninstalled it and reinstalled it, but I'm still getting this error message. This is causing me to not have anything in my Content Library. I've even rebooted my computer and it's still doing it. It worked fine earlier today. I rendered a sample render of the new Victoria 8.1. Could she have done this to me?

    By

    melanie melanie January 2021 in The Commons
  • Genesis 8.1 / Victoria 8.1

    plasma_ring said:

    Daikatana said:

    OK, after reading through this thread, I have three points to put forward:

    1) G8.1/Victoria 8.1is more of an update with extended/changed functionality than a completely new figure.  Not sure why we should be paying full price for an updated version.  Also the neck seam issue and the issue surrounding geoshells ( used most often for makeup and tattoos) are problematic to say the least.

    Victoria 8.1 costs the same as the other core characters, I think, and she herself is an entirely new character--not because she's 8.1, but because she's a new sculpt with her own bundle and addons and that's the price they charge for those. They seem to have used the Victoria 8 name to mark the 8.1 release, but she's basically just the first original character released with 8.1 features and not an upgrade to the original Victoria 8 figure. 

    GF8.1, on the other hand, is a 1:1 upgrade for the original G8F figure. It probably would have caused less confusion if they'd released both the male and female base figures up front and concentrated all messaging on the base upgrade. 

    Bingo, they messed up big time using an exising name... never understood the relience on names anyway... Victorial 8.1 should've had her own name with no connections and no expectations!

    By

    rayglendenning rayglendenning January 2021 in The Commons
  • Ring Causes Problems on Purpose ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

    Hylas said:

    plasma_ring said:

    Working on some glow eyes presets. I'm really picky about emissive eye effects since just changing the surface without using maps looks a little too flat to me and overwhelms the face easily. 

    I've got these set up so that in brighter light they're still glossy and the glow is most obvious in dark environments. 

    Neat! You managed to make them look really good!

    Thank you very much! I tried them on Victoria 8.1 last night and there's kind of a cool effect where if you look close you can see her eye details behind the glow.

    Pax Asteriae said:

    Someone else's thread I can stalk and admire while never being quite brave enough to tell them their work is amazing!

    Really nice renders, I particularly like Innalech!

    Aaa thank you you're very kind! I admire your work and that means a lot to hear. heart

    ziconin_9b28409da2 said:

    Absolutely love your style. I'm not much for doing postwork, but this is seriously making me consider picking up my near-forgotten copy of CSP again.

    Thank you so much! CSP really is a great program, it took me a while to pick up but I'm so glad I gave it another shot. 

    By

    plasma_ring plasma_ring January 2021 in Art Studio
  • Genesis 8.1 / Victoria 8.1

    RexRed said:

    Skin Manager won't run using Victoria 8.1

    I use Skin Manager a lot.

    I hope an update will fix this.

    Oof. That is a hard blow. Skin manager is SOOOOOOOOOO useful for tweaking the shaders.

    By

    emoryahlberg emoryahlberg January 2021 in The Commons
  • Genesis 8.1 not showing in Library

    I just installed the new Genesis 8.1 updates along with Victoria 8.1 and a few add on products.  Neither Genesis 8.1 Female nor Victoria 8.1 is showing up in my library.  Any ideas why?

    By

    ElorOnceDark ElorOnceDark January 2021 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • Genesis 8.1 / Victoria 8.1

    Skin Manager won't run using Victoria 8.1

    I use Skin Manager a lot.

    I hope an update will fix this.

    By

    EZ3DTV EZ3DTV January 2021 in The Commons
Previous Next
Adding to Cart…

Daz 3D is part of Tafi

Connect

DAZ Productions, Inc.
7533 S Center View Ct #4664
West Jordan, UT 84084

HELP

Contact Us

Tutorials

Help Center

Sell Your 3D Content

Affiliate Program

Documentation Center

Open Source

Consent Preferences

JOIN DAZ

Memberships

Blog

About Us

Press

Careers

Bridges

Community

In the Studio

Gallery

Forum

DAZ STORE

Shop

Freebies

Published Artists

Licensing Agreement | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | EULA

© 2026 Daz Productions Inc. All Rights Reserved.