-
Can not Signin to Install Manager or the new DazCentral
I am also having problems with the new Daz Central and the new DIM installers.
I did download and install, and...
I know the newly downloaded installer is working correctly because I can click on each individual item Button on the orders page and download it, but when you click on the Download All Button, it takes you to the download page instead of opening the installer. When you purchase 50 assets, it is NOT fun to download each one individually.
It's a circular Web-link. Is this going to be fixed?
Please open a support ticket to report this as a possible bug https://www.daz3d.com/help/help-contact-us
Can not Signin to Install Manager or the new DazCentralI am also having problems with the new Daz Central and the new DIM installers.
I did download and install, and...
I know the newly downloaded installer is working correctly because I can click on each individual item Button on the orders page and download it, but when you click on the Download All Button, it takes you to the download page instead of opening the installer. When you purchase 50 assets, it is NOT fun to download each one individually.
It's a circular Web-link. Is this going to be fixed?
Moving my content to a different driveI've installed my content primarily through DIM, but have been using DAZ Central for the last few.
Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 13I went in kind of a weird direction with my flash sale picks. I picked up all three of the Plushies 2.0, which I was generally in no real hurry to get, because I had an idea for a render using them. Of the three, Pounce is the only one that I would consider correctly rigged. Ping and Scamp's arms get distorted if you move them more than a little bit, and you can't really move them up or down very well, whereas Pounce has a wider range of motion that, while still limited by the stubbiness of his arms, more closely approximates a human's and looks good across the range of motion. I also got the Forest Camp, and this was another big let down. It's one of those sets where the basic components are bones of a central prop rather than being independent props, which means that you can't, for example, move the tree stump relative to the campfire. It's frustrating when PAs do this, but it at least makes some sense when you're talking about a house or something like that; I can't see a single reason to have made this particular set like that. Even more annoyingly, the meat on the spit is its own surface, so you can hide that easily enough, but if you hide the spit itself, part of the tree stump also disappears, because they're the same surface. At this point, it's basically just a good fire and some useful props, but I can't really see myself using it as a set. #5 was Mr. Mushroom, and it would have to work very hard to disappoint me, because I don't expect that much from it in the first place.
Problème installation disque dur D:le programme principale vas sur le C du systeme, au pire c'est des cas c'est 1 Gb et des poussières
mais tu peut installer les libraries sur tout autres emplacement , c'est ceux qui prenent de la place indéfini
Le programme n'est pas forcément sur le disque C (pas chez moi toujours). Avec DIM on peut préciser un autre disque. Je ne sais pas avec Daz Central. Au pire une install manuelle. C'est vrai que ce n'est pas DS4 qui prend le plus de place ! Ne pas oublier de pointer sur le (ou les) bon(s) chemin(s) dans le library manager de DS4.
Pour ce qui est des temps de rendu : joker ! comme je ne fais pas mes rendus dans DS
DazCentral: One more example of the extremely low priority of Daz's Mac usersI don't mind that DAZ Central is only available for the PC. I intend to buy a PC for my DAZ Studio work. I'll give my iMac a vacation.
Beta for DazCentral, your new Content ManagerAlso like to point out this apparent mistake... is it DAZ Central or DAZ Install Manager they are referring to??? The button takes you to the DAZ Central install page, so that's confusing for new users I would imagine.
One request!
Instead of completely removing the option to download via DIM from completed sales pages, can we have that as an alternative option?
Something along the lines of some "Or download via DIM" text under the button would be fine.
Right now we have to manually open DIM to download via it, which is slightly irksome!
As Central is intended for new users it makes sense to retain the usability for "advanced" users too..

Yes I would like that as well, to have that option rather than getting shoehorned into Daz Central. .As right now although not a overly real hassle, still annoying having to manually start DiM to download new purchases..
OK, but - if it works like DIM - should yu wish to go back to using Daz Central you may need to go into Chrome's preferences/settings and tell it which application to use to open a whatever file - I'm not sure what Daz Central uses, assumkng it's different from, DIM, and looking at an order page isn't enlightening.
I am using Firefox and in my settings it is set for DiM as default no changes made, but when I click on the download and install link after a purchase it sends me to the Daz Central page, instead of activating DiM.. So it looks like the option to auto start DiM has been removed completely..The DIM link is still in the Product Library. I was assuming that there would be two different kinds of link, each with their own application, rather than a change to the application launched by the one extension - which is necessary for both types to be supported.
As for it not recognising that Daz central is presedt, are you running any script-blockers on the Daz site? I'm still not at all sure how the process is handled, but if there is a scripted portion that isn't running (correctly or at all) that migth stop it from realising Daz Central was already present.
The thing is prior to DazCentral whenever clicking on the download and install link after product purchase, it would auto start and auto log into DiM.. Doing the same thing now just sends you to the Daz Central page, where it wants you to download and install it.. I tried Daz Central but it screwed up all my settings, and had no option for custom folder install of content..
Same problem here. Clicking on the download and install link after a purchase now just sends me to the DAZ Central landing page. Even after installing DAZ Central it just goes to the landing page after each purchase, and offers to install DAZ Central even though it is already installed. So there is no way to install a product after a purchase anymore, unless you go directly to the product library, or run DIM manually.
I have always used the default directories for both DAZ Studio and DIM, and I did the default install of DAZ Central. There is nothing special with my setup.
If that is the case then not sure what the point of having that after purchase page now, more so if the download and install button doesn't do anything even with Daz Central installed..
One request!
Instead of completely removing the option to download via DIM from completed sales pages, can we have that as an alternative option?
Something along the lines of some "Or download via DIM" text under the button would be fine.
Right now we have to manually open DIM to download via it, which is slightly irksome!
As Central is intended for new users it makes sense to retain the usability for "advanced" users too..

Yes I would like that as well, to have that option rather than getting shoehorned into Daz Central. .As right now although not a overly real hassle, still annoying having to manually start DiM to download new purchases..
OK, but - if it works like DIM - should yu wish to go back to using Daz Central you may need to go into Chrome's preferences/settings and tell it which application to use to open a whatever file - I'm not sure what Daz Central uses, assumkng it's different from, DIM, and looking at an order page isn't enlightening.
I am using Firefox and in my settings it is set for DiM as default no changes made, but when I click on the download and install link after a purchase it sends me to the Daz Central page, instead of activating DiM.. So it looks like the option to auto start DiM has been removed completely..The DIM link is still in the Product Library. I was assuming that there would be two different kinds of link, each with their own application, rather than a change to the application launched by the one extension - which is necessary for both types to be supported.
As for it not recognising that Daz central is presedt, are you running any script-blockers on the Daz site? I'm still not at all sure how the process is handled, but if there is a scripted portion that isn't running (correctly or at all) that migth stop it from realising Daz Central was already present.
The thing is prior to DazCentral whenever clicking on the download and install link after product purchase, it would auto start and auto log into DiM.. Doing the same thing now just sends you to the Daz Central page, where it wants you to download and install it.. I tried Daz Central but it screwed up all my settings, and had no option for custom folder install of content..
Yes, I understand that - and if you don't want to/can't use Daz Central then you need to use other options - the Product Library, start DIM manually, use Daz Connect.
What should happen now then is that after each purchase it should redirect to the purchasers product library or something like that, since the after purchase page has no real purpose anymore..This is, we have been told, aimed at new users (or indeed established users who don't change the defaults) - for them the after purchase page and its link are fine.
I'm an established user who has not changed the defaults, and it does not work for me. Sorry
Please make sure you report this to Daz https://www.daz3d.com/help/help-contact-us
Beta for DazCentral, your new Content ManagerAlso like to point out this apparent mistake... is it DAZ Central or DAZ Install Manager they are referring to??? The button takes you to the DAZ Central install page, so that's confusing for new users I would imagine.
One request!
Instead of completely removing the option to download via DIM from completed sales pages, can we have that as an alternative option?
Something along the lines of some "Or download via DIM" text under the button would be fine.
Right now we have to manually open DIM to download via it, which is slightly irksome!
As Central is intended for new users it makes sense to retain the usability for "advanced" users too..

Yes I would like that as well, to have that option rather than getting shoehorned into Daz Central. .As right now although not a overly real hassle, still annoying having to manually start DiM to download new purchases..
OK, but - if it works like DIM - should yu wish to go back to using Daz Central you may need to go into Chrome's preferences/settings and tell it which application to use to open a whatever file - I'm not sure what Daz Central uses, assumkng it's different from, DIM, and looking at an order page isn't enlightening.
I am using Firefox and in my settings it is set for DiM as default no changes made, but when I click on the download and install link after a purchase it sends me to the Daz Central page, instead of activating DiM.. So it looks like the option to auto start DiM has been removed completely..The DIM link is still in the Product Library. I was assuming that there would be two different kinds of link, each with their own application, rather than a change to the application launched by the one extension - which is necessary for both types to be supported.
As for it not recognising that Daz central is presedt, are you running any script-blockers on the Daz site? I'm still not at all sure how the process is handled, but if there is a scripted portion that isn't running (correctly or at all) that migth stop it from realising Daz Central was already present.
The thing is prior to DazCentral whenever clicking on the download and install link after product purchase, it would auto start and auto log into DiM.. Doing the same thing now just sends you to the Daz Central page, where it wants you to download and install it.. I tried Daz Central but it screwed up all my settings, and had no option for custom folder install of content..
Same problem here. Clicking on the download and install link after a purchase now just sends me to the DAZ Central landing page. Even after installing DAZ Central it just goes to the landing page after each purchase, and offers to install DAZ Central even though it is already installed. So there is no way to install a product after a purchase anymore, unless you go directly to the product library, or run DIM manually.
I have always used the default directories for both DAZ Studio and DIM, and I did the default install of DAZ Central. There is nothing special with my setup.
If that is the case then not sure what the point of having that after purchase page now, more so if the download and install button doesn't do anything even with Daz Central installed..
One request!
Instead of completely removing the option to download via DIM from completed sales pages, can we have that as an alternative option?
Something along the lines of some "Or download via DIM" text under the button would be fine.
Right now we have to manually open DIM to download via it, which is slightly irksome!
As Central is intended for new users it makes sense to retain the usability for "advanced" users too..

Yes I would like that as well, to have that option rather than getting shoehorned into Daz Central. .As right now although not a overly real hassle, still annoying having to manually start DiM to download new purchases..
OK, but - if it works like DIM - should yu wish to go back to using Daz Central you may need to go into Chrome's preferences/settings and tell it which application to use to open a whatever file - I'm not sure what Daz Central uses, assumkng it's different from, DIM, and looking at an order page isn't enlightening.
I am using Firefox and in my settings it is set for DiM as default no changes made, but when I click on the download and install link after a purchase it sends me to the Daz Central page, instead of activating DiM.. So it looks like the option to auto start DiM has been removed completely..The DIM link is still in the Product Library. I was assuming that there would be two different kinds of link, each with their own application, rather than a change to the application launched by the one extension - which is necessary for both types to be supported.
As for it not recognising that Daz central is presedt, are you running any script-blockers on the Daz site? I'm still not at all sure how the process is handled, but if there is a scripted portion that isn't running (correctly or at all) that migth stop it from realising Daz Central was already present.
The thing is prior to DazCentral whenever clicking on the download and install link after product purchase, it would auto start and auto log into DiM.. Doing the same thing now just sends you to the Daz Central page, where it wants you to download and install it.. I tried Daz Central but it screwed up all my settings, and had no option for custom folder install of content..
Yes, I understand that - and if you don't want to/can't use Daz Central then you need to use other options - the Product Library, start DIM manually, use Daz Connect.
What should happen now then is that after each purchase it should redirect to the purchasers product library or something like that, since the after purchase page has no real purpose anymore..This is, we have been told, aimed at new users (or indeed established users who don't change the defaults) - for them the after purchase page and its link are fine.
I'm an established user who has not changed the defaults, and it does not work for me. Sorry
Beta for DazCentral, your new Content ManagerAlso like to point out this apparent mistake on the after purchase page... is it DAZ Central or DAZ Install Manager they are referring to??? The button takes you to the DAZ Central install page, so that's confusing for new users I would imagine.
Beta for DazCentral, your new Content ManagerOne request!
Instead of completely removing the option to download via DIM from completed sales pages, can we have that as an alternative option?
Something along the lines of some "Or download via DIM" text under the button would be fine.
Right now we have to manually open DIM to download via it, which is slightly irksome!
As Central is intended for new users it makes sense to retain the usability for "advanced" users too..

Yes I would like that as well, to have that option rather than getting shoehorned into Daz Central. .As right now although not a overly real hassle, still annoying having to manually start DiM to download new purchases..
OK, but - if it works like DIM - should yu wish to go back to using Daz Central you may need to go into Chrome's preferences/settings and tell it which application to use to open a whatever file - I'm not sure what Daz Central uses, assumkng it's different from, DIM, and looking at an order page isn't enlightening.
I am using Firefox and in my settings it is set for DiM as default no changes made, but when I click on the download and install link after a purchase it sends me to the Daz Central page, instead of activating DiM.. So it looks like the option to auto start DiM has been removed completely..The DIM link is still in the Product Library. I was assuming that there would be two different kinds of link, each with their own application, rather than a change to the application launched by the one extension - which is necessary for both types to be supported.
As for it not recognising that Daz central is presedt, are you running any script-blockers on the Daz site? I'm still not at all sure how the process is handled, but if there is a scripted portion that isn't running (correctly or at all) that migth stop it from realising Daz Central was already present.
The thing is prior to DazCentral whenever clicking on the download and install link after product purchase, it would auto start and auto log into DiM.. Doing the same thing now just sends you to the Daz Central page, where it wants you to download and install it.. I tried Daz Central but it screwed up all my settings, and had no option for custom folder install of content..
Same problem here. Clicking on the download and install link after a purchase now just sends me to the DAZ Central landing page. Even after installing DAZ Central it just goes to the landing page after each purchase, and offers to install DAZ Central even though it is already installed. So there is no way to install a product after a purchase anymore, unless you go directly to the product library, or run DIM manually.
I have always used the default directories for both DAZ Studio and DIM, and I did the default install of DAZ Central. There is nothing special with my setup.
If that is the case then not sure what the point of having that after purchase page now, more so if the download and install button doesn't do anything even with Daz Central installed..
One request!
Instead of completely removing the option to download via DIM from completed sales pages, can we have that as an alternative option?
Something along the lines of some "Or download via DIM" text under the button would be fine.
Right now we have to manually open DIM to download via it, which is slightly irksome!
As Central is intended for new users it makes sense to retain the usability for "advanced" users too..

Yes I would like that as well, to have that option rather than getting shoehorned into Daz Central. .As right now although not a overly real hassle, still annoying having to manually start DiM to download new purchases..
OK, but - if it works like DIM - should yu wish to go back to using Daz Central you may need to go into Chrome's preferences/settings and tell it which application to use to open a whatever file - I'm not sure what Daz Central uses, assumkng it's different from, DIM, and looking at an order page isn't enlightening.
I am using Firefox and in my settings it is set for DiM as default no changes made, but when I click on the download and install link after a purchase it sends me to the Daz Central page, instead of activating DiM.. So it looks like the option to auto start DiM has been removed completely..The DIM link is still in the Product Library. I was assuming that there would be two different kinds of link, each with their own application, rather than a change to the application launched by the one extension - which is necessary for both types to be supported.
As for it not recognising that Daz central is presedt, are you running any script-blockers on the Daz site? I'm still not at all sure how the process is handled, but if there is a scripted portion that isn't running (correctly or at all) that migth stop it from realising Daz Central was already present.
The thing is prior to DazCentral whenever clicking on the download and install link after product purchase, it would auto start and auto log into DiM.. Doing the same thing now just sends you to the Daz Central page, where it wants you to download and install it.. I tried Daz Central but it screwed up all my settings, and had no option for custom folder install of content..
Yes, I understand that - and if you don't want to/can't use Daz Central then you need to use other options - the Product Library, start DIM manually, use Daz Connect.
What should happen now then is that after each purchase it should redirect to the purchasers product library or something like that, since the after purchase page has no real purpose anymore..This is, we have been told, aimed at new users (or indeed established users who don't change the defaults) - for them the after purchase page and its link are fine.
Beta for DazCentral, your new Content ManagerOne request!
Instead of completely removing the option to download via DIM from completed sales pages, can we have that as an alternative option?
Something along the lines of some "Or download via DIM" text under the button would be fine.
Right now we have to manually open DIM to download via it, which is slightly irksome!
As Central is intended for new users it makes sense to retain the usability for "advanced" users too..

Yes I would like that as well, to have that option rather than getting shoehorned into Daz Central. .As right now although not a overly real hassle, still annoying having to manually start DiM to download new purchases..
OK, but - if it works like DIM - should yu wish to go back to using Daz Central you may need to go into Chrome's preferences/settings and tell it which application to use to open a whatever file - I'm not sure what Daz Central uses, assumkng it's different from, DIM, and looking at an order page isn't enlightening.
I am using Firefox and in my settings it is set for DiM as default no changes made, but when I click on the download and install link after a purchase it sends me to the Daz Central page, instead of activating DiM.. So it looks like the option to auto start DiM has been removed completely..The DIM link is still in the Product Library. I was assuming that there would be two different kinds of link, each with their own application, rather than a change to the application launched by the one extension - which is necessary for both types to be supported.
As for it not recognising that Daz central is presedt, are you running any script-blockers on the Daz site? I'm still not at all sure how the process is handled, but if there is a scripted portion that isn't running (correctly or at all) that migth stop it from realising Daz Central was already present.
The thing is prior to DazCentral whenever clicking on the download and install link after product purchase, it would auto start and auto log into DiM.. Doing the same thing now just sends you to the Daz Central page, where it wants you to download and install it.. I tried Daz Central but it screwed up all my settings, and had no option for custom folder install of content..
Yes, I understand that - and if you don't want to/can't use Daz Central then you need to use other options - the Product Library, start DIM manually, use Daz Connect.
I know how to install products, I was just pointing out the issues I noticed with DAZ Central. Thank you.
Beta for DazCentral, your new Content ManagerI haven't had any trouble, really. It was a little slow when I first installed it, but my system has been acting weird for weeks with the latest Windows10 updates and drivers for various things conflicting. Now that my drivers are up to date (manually, which is a huge pain), Central hasn't been an issue at all.
thats good to hear. My system is all updated to current for a bit already, but this DC thing is really not working well on it. We shall see how it goes. My 1st thing would get it to recognize DS is actually installed, and perhaps it would work a bit better.
Beta for DazCentral, your new Content ManagerI haven't had any trouble, really. It was a little slow when I first installed it, but my system has been acting weird for weeks with the latest Windows10 updates and drivers for various things conflicting. Now that my drivers are up to date (manually, which is a huge pain), Central hasn't been an issue at all.
Beta for DazCentral, your new Content ManagerI've been looking for all the threads but cant even find them...merge if needed.
I installed DAZ Central a bit ago ... downloaded and installed manually. It opened after install and just sat there and spun for 10 minutes. When it completed, it wanted email and password. Email was already there , I typed in password. It would not do anything.
Figured maybe I needed to do reset, so restarted my PC ... When I opened Daz Central, it had the loading icon, and then everything locked up. Mouse wouldn;t move, I could not get to desktop, nothing would open. I had to do a hard reset by turning off power.
Once PC came back up, I launched Central again .. it took a long tiome to open, and then a huge banner that I do not have Daz Studio installed. I do have have had it. I then went to settings and changed them to reflect correct install paths, etc ... It toook minutes for it to change everything. It still cannot find DS.
This is very frustrating.
Hopefully suggestions here otherwise I'll place tiucket, but right now I'm more inclined to uninstall as it is hosing up my system.Beta for DazCentral, your new Content ManagerOne request!
Instead of completely removing the option to download via DIM from completed sales pages, can we have that as an alternative option?
Something along the lines of some "Or download via DIM" text under the button would be fine.
Right now we have to manually open DIM to download via it, which is slightly irksome!
As Central is intended for new users it makes sense to retain the usability for "advanced" users too..

Yes I would like that as well, to have that option rather than getting shoehorned into Daz Central. .As right now although not a overly real hassle, still annoying having to manually start DiM to download new purchases..
OK, but - if it works like DIM - should yu wish to go back to using Daz Central you may need to go into Chrome's preferences/settings and tell it which application to use to open a whatever file - I'm not sure what Daz Central uses, assumkng it's different from, DIM, and looking at an order page isn't enlightening.
I am using Firefox and in my settings it is set for DiM as default no changes made, but when I click on the download and install link after a purchase it sends me to the Daz Central page, instead of activating DiM.. So it looks like the option to auto start DiM has been removed completely..The DIM link is still in the Product Library. I was assuming that there would be two different kinds of link, each with their own application, rather than a change to the application launched by the one extension - which is necessary for both types to be supported.
As for it not recognising that Daz central is presedt, are you running any script-blockers on the Daz site? I'm still not at all sure how the process is handled, but if there is a scripted portion that isn't running (correctly or at all) that migth stop it from realising Daz Central was already present.
The thing is prior to DazCentral whenever clicking on the download and install link after product purchase, it would auto start and auto log into DiM.. Doing the same thing now just sends you to the Daz Central page, where it wants you to download and install it.. I tried Daz Central but it screwed up all my settings, and had no option for custom folder install of content..
Same problem here. Clicking on the download and install link after a purchase now just sends me to the DAZ Central landing page. Even after installing DAZ Central it just goes to the landing page after each purchase, and offers to install DAZ Central even though it is already installed. So there is no way to install a product after a purchase anymore, unless you go directly to the product library, or run DIM manually.
I have always used the default directories for both DAZ Studio and DIM, and I did the default install of DAZ Central. There is nothing special with my setup.
If that is the case then not sure what the point of having that after purchase page now, more so if the download and install button doesn't do anything even with Daz Central installed..
One request!
Instead of completely removing the option to download via DIM from completed sales pages, can we have that as an alternative option?
Something along the lines of some "Or download via DIM" text under the button would be fine.
Right now we have to manually open DIM to download via it, which is slightly irksome!
As Central is intended for new users it makes sense to retain the usability for "advanced" users too..

Yes I would like that as well, to have that option rather than getting shoehorned into Daz Central. .As right now although not a overly real hassle, still annoying having to manually start DiM to download new purchases..
OK, but - if it works like DIM - should yu wish to go back to using Daz Central you may need to go into Chrome's preferences/settings and tell it which application to use to open a whatever file - I'm not sure what Daz Central uses, assumkng it's different from, DIM, and looking at an order page isn't enlightening.
I am using Firefox and in my settings it is set for DiM as default no changes made, but when I click on the download and install link after a purchase it sends me to the Daz Central page, instead of activating DiM.. So it looks like the option to auto start DiM has been removed completely..The DIM link is still in the Product Library. I was assuming that there would be two different kinds of link, each with their own application, rather than a change to the application launched by the one extension - which is necessary for both types to be supported.
As for it not recognising that Daz central is presedt, are you running any script-blockers on the Daz site? I'm still not at all sure how the process is handled, but if there is a scripted portion that isn't running (correctly or at all) that migth stop it from realising Daz Central was already present.
The thing is prior to DazCentral whenever clicking on the download and install link after product purchase, it would auto start and auto log into DiM.. Doing the same thing now just sends you to the Daz Central page, where it wants you to download and install it.. I tried Daz Central but it screwed up all my settings, and had no option for custom folder install of content..
Yes, I understand that - and if you don't want to/can't use Daz Central then you need to use other options - the Product Library, start DIM manually, use Daz Connect.
What should happen now then is that after each purchase it should redirect to the purchasers product library or something like that, since the after purchase page has no real purpose anymore..Beta for DazCentral, your new Content ManagerOne request!
Instead of completely removing the option to download via DIM from completed sales pages, can we have that as an alternative option?
Something along the lines of some "Or download via DIM" text under the button would be fine.
Right now we have to manually open DIM to download via it, which is slightly irksome!
As Central is intended for new users it makes sense to retain the usability for "advanced" users too..

Yes I would like that as well, to have that option rather than getting shoehorned into Daz Central. .As right now although not a overly real hassle, still annoying having to manually start DiM to download new purchases..
OK, but - if it works like DIM - should yu wish to go back to using Daz Central you may need to go into Chrome's preferences/settings and tell it which application to use to open a whatever file - I'm not sure what Daz Central uses, assumkng it's different from, DIM, and looking at an order page isn't enlightening.
I am using Firefox and in my settings it is set for DiM as default no changes made, but when I click on the download and install link after a purchase it sends me to the Daz Central page, instead of activating DiM.. So it looks like the option to auto start DiM has been removed completely..The DIM link is still in the Product Library. I was assuming that there would be two different kinds of link, each with their own application, rather than a change to the application launched by the one extension - which is necessary for both types to be supported.
As for it not recognising that Daz central is presedt, are you running any script-blockers on the Daz site? I'm still not at all sure how the process is handled, but if there is a scripted portion that isn't running (correctly or at all) that migth stop it from realising Daz Central was already present.
The thing is prior to DazCentral whenever clicking on the download and install link after product purchase, it would auto start and auto log into DiM.. Doing the same thing now just sends you to the Daz Central page, where it wants you to download and install it.. I tried Daz Central but it screwed up all my settings, and had no option for custom folder install of content..
Yes, I understand that - and if you don't want to/can't use Daz Central then you need to use other options - the Product Library, start DIM manually, use Daz Connect.
Beta for DazCentral, your new Content ManagerOne request!
Instead of completely removing the option to download via DIM from completed sales pages, can we have that as an alternative option?
Something along the lines of some "Or download via DIM" text under the button would be fine.
Right now we have to manually open DIM to download via it, which is slightly irksome!
As Central is intended for new users it makes sense to retain the usability for "advanced" users too..

Yes I would like that as well, to have that option rather than getting shoehorned into Daz Central. .As right now although not a overly real hassle, still annoying having to manually start DiM to download new purchases..
OK, but - if it works like DIM - should yu wish to go back to using Daz Central you may need to go into Chrome's preferences/settings and tell it which application to use to open a whatever file - I'm not sure what Daz Central uses, assumkng it's different from, DIM, and looking at an order page isn't enlightening.
I am using Firefox and in my settings it is set for DiM as default no changes made, but when I click on the download and install link after a purchase it sends me to the Daz Central page, instead of activating DiM.. So it looks like the option to auto start DiM has been removed completely..The DIM link is still in the Product Library. I was assuming that there would be two different kinds of link, each with their own application, rather than a change to the application launched by the one extension - which is necessary for both types to be supported.
As for it not recognising that Daz central is presedt, are you running any script-blockers on the Daz site? I'm still not at all sure how the process is handled, but if there is a scripted portion that isn't running (correctly or at all) that migth stop it from realising Daz Central was already present.
The thing is prior to DazCentral whenever clicking on the download and install link after product purchase, it would auto start and auto log into DiM.. Doing the same thing now just sends you to the Daz Central page, where it wants you to download and install it.. I tried Daz Central but it screwed up all my settings, and had no option for custom folder install of content..
Same problem here. Clicking on the download and install link after a purchase now just sends me to the DAZ Central landing page. Even after installing DAZ Central it just goes to the landing page after each purchase, and offers to install DAZ Central even though it is already installed. So there is no way to install a product after a purchase anymore, unless you go directly to the product library, or run DIM manually.
I have always used the default directories for both DAZ Studio and DIM, and I did the default install of DAZ Central. There is nothing special with my setup.
DAZ Central not workingThanks HighElf,
that helped, in Central there was nothing in the Base folder. Now I specified the folder of the Daz installations, and Daz Studio finds files again.
- But lists lots of products to install that are already usable.
Even less now knows Central, which recommends installing Daz Studio. I would also have to reinstall almost everything.I miss the path information like in the old manager.
I see products and now I don't know what is available and where something is being installed.Banging my head against my desk (can't log in to DS after replacing motherboard) {SOLVED}you might need to use Crap Cleaner from Piroform
I don't use connect so that might be different but my second completely new virgin computer I just plugged my external in with the zips and it installed it all so something residual is on your computer stopping DIM, I cannot run DIM on both at once.
My passowrd lets me log in to DAZ Studio but will not let me log into Install Manager or log in to DAZ connect so I think it may be a little deeper like having to do a full clean install.
Daz Studio and Daz Connect are the same thing - did you mean the Daz site when you wrote Daz Studio, or did you mean the new Daz Central when you wrote Daz Connect?
Beta for DazCentral, your new Content ManagerOne request!
Instead of completely removing the option to download via DIM from completed sales pages, can we have that as an alternative option?
Something along the lines of some "Or download via DIM" text under the button would be fine.
Right now we have to manually open DIM to download via it, which is slightly irksome!
As Central is intended for new users it makes sense to retain the usability for "advanced" users too..

Yes I would like that as well, to have that option rather than getting shoehorned into Daz Central. .As right now although not a overly real hassle, still annoying having to manually start DiM to download new purchases..
OK, but - if it works like DIM - should yu wish to go back to using Daz Central you may need to go into Chrome's preferences/settings and tell it which application to use to open a whatever file - I'm not sure what Daz Central uses, assumkng it's different from, DIM, and looking at an order page isn't enlightening.
I am using Firefox and in my settings it is set for DiM as default no changes made, but when I click on the download and install link after a purchase it sends me to the Daz Central page, instead of activating DiM.. So it looks like the option to auto start DiM has been removed completely..The DIM link is still in the Product Library. I was assuming that there would be two different kinds of link, each with their own application, rather than a change to the application launched by the one extension - which is necessary for both types to be supported.
As for it not recognising that Daz central is presedt, are you running any script-blockers on the Daz site? I'm still not at all sure how the process is handled, but if there is a scripted portion that isn't running (correctly or at all) that migth stop it from realising Daz Central was already present.
The thing is prior to DazCentral whenever clicking on the download and install link after product purchase, it would auto start and auto log into DiM.. Doing the same thing now just sends you to the Daz Central page, where it wants you to download and install it.. I tried Daz Central but it screwed up all my settings, and had no option for custom folder install of content..








