-
The [Disco Chives] Misplaced Parrot Complaint Thread
PerttiA said:
beregar said:
Semi-Complaint: My youtube hours have gone significantly down since I decided I would stop watching any youtube vid that advertised me "feminine products". I'm not in the correct demographic for tampons, pads, menstrual cups, period underwear and/or pregnancy clothes, lip gloss, moisturizers and whatever the hell they insist I absolutely need - and those are pretty much the only ads I get despite allowing targeted ads.
Like my youtube history is all about physics (i.e. Sabine Hossenfelder), climate technology (i.e. Just Have a Think) and funny science vids (i.e. Kurzgesagt), wildlife protection & climate change news (i.e. Planet Wild and Mossy Earth), tiger and other exotic feline videos (because housecats are so last year!), and country comparison channels and shorts (i.e. Type Ashton) and a bit of rock climbing, fitness, gardening, funny gaming channels and animations in the mix... and this pretty much extends to my search history in addition to local news, 3d stuff and wikipedia.
Apparently with that browsing history you get tampons?
There are tampons for men too
I can't even begin to imagine how that works logistically but I assume it's one of those "I'm too old or too young for this [stuff]" situations and just point out that they definitely are not something I can ever imagine needing myself - though who knows, because as I have eluded before, I literally can't imagine.
After spending 20 minutes delving on my google ad settings and app connections I believe I managed to YET AGAIN remove both clothing and women's clothing from the "trending topics"... or at least apply the "see fewer like this" as the button is called.
Not sure if they actually apply here but I guess if they pop back I should just accept the loss and start buying dressess and pads... Not sure what I'm gonna do with them though.
Let's appreciate/discuss today's new releases - ongoing threadbarbult said:
scorpio said:
FC2C said:
Elor said:
It seems as nice and as complete as @Destiny's Design and @FC2C two previous shaders products:
https://www.daz3d.com/fc2c-anaglypta-wallpaper-mr-shaders
I don't have the funds nor the needs for it right now but when I have both, I know where to look to get nice looking 3D wallpapers

I definetly have to thank you for putting out this forum post aha
I was feeling a little disheartened looking at the sales today, I make the shaders myself and Destiny is my render artist, so a month of working on my own was looking like it wasn't going to do so well, but seeing your post made me feel like I hadn't wasted my time
you really cheered me up today so I just wanted to drop a thanks aha 
Which engine are these shaders for, I couldn't see it stated on the promo page?
Your link goes to an Oops page. Did they change the name of the product? Is this the link you mean https://www.daz3d.com/fc2c-aesthetic-wallpaper-mr-shaders
aha yep the product name had to change, I didn't realise Anaglypta is trademarked XD
Let's appreciate/discuss today's new releases - ongoing threadscorpio said:
FC2C said:
Elor said:
It seems as nice and as complete as @Destiny's Design and @FC2C two previous shaders products:
https://www.daz3d.com/fc2c-anaglypta-wallpaper-mr-shaders
I don't have the funds nor the needs for it right now but when I have both, I know where to look to get nice looking 3D wallpapers

I definetly have to thank you for putting out this forum post aha
I was feeling a little disheartened looking at the sales today, I make the shaders myself and Destiny is my render artist, so a month of working on my own was looking like it wasn't going to do so well, but seeing your post made me feel like I hadn't wasted my time
you really cheered me up today so I just wanted to drop a thanks aha 
Which engine are these shaders for, I couldn't see it stated on the promo page?
hey there! I make my shaders to work for Iray :) (and yep Anaglypta Wallpaper is now Aesthetic Wallpaper :D
The [Disco Chives] Misplaced Parrot Complaint Threadberegar said:
Semi-Complaint: My youtube hours have gone significantly down since I decided I would stop watching any youtube vid that advertised me "feminine products". I'm not in the correct demographic for tampons, pads, menstrual cups, period underwear and/or pregnancy clothes, lip gloss, moisturizers and whatever the hell they insist I absolutely need - and those are pretty much the only ads I get despite allowing targeted ads.
Like my youtube history is all about physics (i.e. Sabine Hossenfelder), climate technology (i.e. Just Have a Think) and funny science vids (i.e. Kurzgesagt), wildlife protection & climate change news (i.e. Planet Wild and Mossy Earth), tiger and other exotic feline videos (because housecats are so last year!), and country comparison channels and shorts (i.e. Type Ashton) and a bit of rock climbing, fitness, gardening, funny gaming channels and animations in the mix... and this pretty much extends to my search history in addition to local news, 3d stuff and wikipedia.
Apparently with that browsing history you get tampons?
There are tampons for men too
The [Disco Chives] Misplaced Parrot Complaint Threadberegar said:
Semi-Complaint: My youtube hours have gone significantly down since I decided I would stop watching any youtube vid that advertised me "feminine products". I'm not in the correct demographic for tampons, pads, menstrual cups, period underwear and/or pregnancy clothes, lip gloss, moisturizers and whatever the hell they insist I absolutely need - and those are pretty much the only ads I get despite allowing targeted ads.
Like my youtube history is all about physics (i.e. Sabine Hossenfelder), climate technology (i.e. Just Have a Think) and funny science vids (i.e. Kurzgesagt), wildlife protection & climate change news (i.e. Planet Wild and Mossy Earth), tiger and other exotic feline videos (because housecats are so last year!), and country comparison channels and shorts (i.e. Type Ashton) and a bit of rock climbing, fitness, gardening, funny gaming channels and animations in the mix... and this pretty much extends to my search history in addition to local news, 3d stuff and wikipedia.
Apparently with that browsing history you get tampons?
I had a good joke for here, but I'm fairly sure a Mod would shoot me down. :D
[Released] RSSY Hair Converter from Genesis 8 to Genesis 9 [Commercial]barbult said:
If deleting data files is critical, why is it not even mentioned in the PDF manual? Based on previous forum comments, I did delete data files before trying again. At least they have CV in the folder name now, so they are a little easier to identify.
It is mentioned in the script dialog instructions:
If you want to convert the same hair twice, it is HIGHLY recommended to create a new, empty scene to clear out that cache before trying the second conversion. You should also delete the data files for the badly converted hair (see manual).AND in the manual:
If you have converted hair twice, you can often get errors because the first conversion’s morphs can be active when converting the second time. If you want to try reconverting a hair, it is always recommended to find the data/VENDOR NAME/PRODUCT NAME/HAIR NAME folder and deleting it. This is NOT the folder in My Daz 3D Library (which would be the original hair) but in the first directory listed in the Daz Studio Formats section of the Content Directory Manager (which is usually My Library)What else should I do?
The [Disco Chives] Misplaced Parrot Complaint ThreadSemi-Complaint: My youtube hours have gone significantly down since I decided I would stop watching any youtube vid that advertised me "feminine products". I'm not in the correct demographic for tampons, pads, menstrual cups, period underwear and/or pregnancy clothes, lip gloss, moisturizers and whatever the hell they insist I absolutely need - and those are pretty much the only ads I get despite allowing targeted ads.
Like my youtube history is all about physics (i.e. Sabine Hossenfelder), climate technology (i.e. Just Have a Think) and funny science vids (i.e. Kurzgesagt), wildlife protection & climate change news (i.e. Planet Wild and Mossy Earth), tiger and other exotic feline videos (because housecats are so last year!), and country comparison channels and shorts (i.e. Type Ashton) and a bit of rock climbing, fitness, gardening, funny gaming channels and animations in the mix... and this pretty much extends to my search history in addition to local news, 3d stuff and wikipedia.
Apparently with that browsing history you get tampons?
Jaderail is looking down on the STUPID THREAD XIdon't click on open either

this forum is dangerous to our computer's security IMO
it is very hard for me to give up my addiction to shopping at DAZ3D but everytime an Adblocker extension and browser fails I am one step closer to never coming here again unless they seriously review the types of ads being shown at the very least,
I have whitelisted many sites I regularly visit allowing them ad revenue but their ads are NOT THE SPAMMY PHISHING STUFF being shown on DAZ3D.com

ironically DAZ3D ads actually get shown on most of them along with Kogan and other commercial sites I shop at
Would You Be a 3D Artist Today if AI Had Existed Then?WendyLuvsCatz said:
this thread should be in the AI forum, you can edit your post and move it
Ah. Thanks. I didn't know we could move our own threads. :)
since I use many forms of media 2D and 3D as well as editing photographs of my real house, family, pets etc for "art" and arranging furniture, figurines and objects for said photos , I would say yes regardless of order of discovery.
Would You Be a 3D Artist Today if AI Had Existed Then?this thread should be in the AI forum, you can edit your post and move it
since I use many forms of media 2D and 3D as well as editing photographs of my real house, family, pets etc for "art" and arranging furniture, figurines and objects for said photos , I would say yes regardless of order of discovery.
Toon SeahorseI am looking for a cute and/or toon seahorse. It doesn't have to be over the top, just something that would be cute enough for a kid's book kind of project. It needs to be rigged for Daz, and it idealy would have some different expressions. Has anybody seen anything like this anywhere? There's nothing in the Daz shop (at least not that I could find), and a Google search didn't turn anything up. I feel like I saw something like this one time, though. But I could be remembering it wrong.
(BTW, I hope I'm putting this in the right area, I always get confused with what goes where, sorry if I did it wrong!)
How to stop daz to navigate while typing on filter?Hi, everyone,
quote: "stop the mouse passing over a UI element that responds to mouse-over events as that takes focus out of the text box." Does that seem like a necessary function or just something that could be programmed more user friendly? Like when in scene mode or content mode, after selecting the text box you can mouse over anywhere in all that data and not lose the text box focus. Doing most of my text box search in the parameter tab and being right handed, I click the text box with the mouse (in my right hand) then let go of the mouse to type ( hunt & peck ) the text. The mouse typically will slide and the focus is gone from the text box. The best workaround has been to always keep my right hand on the mouse and hunt and peck the text with my left hand. I still lose the text box sometimes, and it just seems like an unnecessary chore. I have most of the tabs visable, vertically, all at once on a separate monitor in portrait mode. Confirming the prevalence of the quote, if the text box was selected even in the scene tab or the content tab, mousing over the parameter tab would cancel it. On a happier note, complaint over,
/ peaceI am searching LR winged dragonsLonesome Cowboy said:
Richard Haseltine said:
Moved to Product Suggestions as it is not a Daz Studio topic.
It IS a DAZ Studio topic. Product suggestions is good, but i didn't find it.
It's very difficult to find the correct forum here.It is searching for/suggesting the creation of content for Daz Studio, but it isn't about the Daz Studio application as such.
I am searching LR winged dragonsRichard Haseltine said:
Moved to Product Suggestions as it is not a Daz Studio topic.
It IS a DAZ Studio topic. Product suggestions is good, but i didn't find it.
It's very difficult to find the correct forum here.[Released] RSSY Hair Converter from Genesis 8 to Genesis 9 [Commercial]If deleting data files is critical, why is it not even mentioned in the PDF manual? Edit: This info IS in the manual. See RiverSoft response below.
Based on previous forum comments, I did delete data files before trying again. At least they have CV in the folder name now, so they are a little easier to identify.Rendo migrations and the risk of duplicate purchasescblueyes said:
When you go to your account page on rendo next to the search purchaces on the right is CSV download all your purchaces since your first purchace!
This is what I would do. As far as losing purchases at Rendo....I don't see that happening, as I still have access to products from vendors who left the store long ago.
Impressive Movie Photography With Dolby Vision HDRI'm watching the Netflix series "Ripley" and finding many of the scenic shots pretty impressive. A quick search says they use Dolby Vision HDR, which I think refers to a new "high dynamic range" technique. Whatever, the shots - in black and white - are pretty stunning. The Italian landscape and architecture looks great.
https://www.atlasofwonders.com/2024/04/where-was-ripley-filmed.html
Coqui TTS/ Local Machine TTSI think there are some animation threads in the "Art Studio" part of the forum.
Lully promotion not workinglou_harper said:
That happened to me with one item, worked with others.
Edit: It doesn't work with the wallpaper shaders: https://www.daz3d.com/fc2c-anaglypta-wallpaper-mr-shaders
For what it's worth, those shaders appear to have been removed from the store. The link leads to an oops page; I also tried coming from an outside search, just in case there was a typo in the URL, and they're definitely not there.
The Lully promo worked just fine for me earlier today. The only restriction was that when I tried putting in something that had been added to the wish list in the past week, that failed.
Allowed postsHello,
The product is "DSX Catalog" and there was a link to the official product page. The product is available on the Microsoft Store so maybe this is the reason. There was a giveaway for feedbacks and maybe this is not allowed on the forum. Hope some moderators can clarify rules.
Thank you












