• Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3D Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
    • Game Ready
  • Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions
  • Download Studio
  • Menu
  • Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3d Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
  • Community
    • Our Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

Loading...
Daz 3D Forums > Search
  • Genesis 8.1 Arm Hair?

    Anim said:

    Please send a ticket to DAZ. I also did. Maybe if enough users tell them the vellus hair is advertized as being part of G 8.1 they add it instead of hiding it behing a pay wall (or at least make it a seperate product for those who don't like this Victoria figure).

    im assuming daz will only include with g8.1 base figures in future.

    as to OP's question, someone else mentioned missing vellus arm hair in another thread, so presumably it doesnt exist or was not packaged properly.

    By

    lilweep lilweep January 2021 in The Commons
  • Michael 8.1
    gerster said:

    CHWT said:

    gerster said:

    Leana said:

    gerster said:

    I'm disappointed that there's ni banner for owning lot if g8 bundles or Michael pre generations

    There wasn't any for Victoria, so I wouldn't expect one for Michael.

    I was also disappointed that there wasn't such a banner for Victoria 8.1 cheeky
    but the Victoria 8.1 bundle was $32.83 while Michael 8.1 is $57.71 in my card. surprise

    It's $75 in my cart... how did you get that extra discount?

    You have to add 3 addons the get some additional discounts. See my screenshot on the page before.

    Well, then I will pass it now. Not justified! And I agree M8.1 looks a little bit like M6, that's why I like him as I like M6

    By

    CHWT CHWT January 2021 in The Commons
  • Michael 8.1

    CHWT said:

    gerster said:

    Leana said:

    gerster said:

    I'm disappointed that there's ni banner for owning lot if g8 bundles or Michael pre generations

    There wasn't any for Victoria, so I wouldn't expect one for Michael.

    I was also disappointed that there wasn't such a banner for Victoria 8.1 cheeky
    but the Victoria 8.1 bundle was $32.83 while Michael 8.1 is $57.71 in my card. surprise

    It's $75 in my cart... how did you get that extra discount?

    You have to add 3 addons the get some additional discounts. See my screenshot on the page before.

    By

    Hurdy3D Hurdy3D January 2021 in The Commons
  • Michael 8.1

    gerster said:

    Leana said:

    gerster said:

    I'm disappointed that there's ni banner for owning lot if g8 bundles or Michael pre generations

    There wasn't any for Victoria, so I wouldn't expect one for Michael.

    I was also disappointed that there wasn't such a banner for Victoria 8.1 cheeky

    Oh, don't get me wrong, I would have loved to get an extra discount ;)

    I just doubt we'll get one.

    By

    Leana Leana January 2021 in The Commons
  • Genesis 8.1 Arm Hair?

    Please send a ticket to DAZ. I also did. Maybe if enough users tell them the vellus hair is advertized as being part of G 8.1 they add it instead of hiding it behing a pay wall (or at least make it a seperate product for those who don't like this Victoria figure).

    By

    Anim Anim January 2021 in The Commons
  • Michael 8.1

    AllenArt said:

    This might be the very first Michael I pass on (and I've got em all up to now). He looks like a store mannequin. Christian has more detail than this guy does. His face looks ever-so-slightly-cartoonish almost, tho it might be the lack of features that is tricking my brain. Young notwithstanding, this guy doesn't even have a pimple or an acne scar. Meh.

    Laurie

    I agree again. As with Victoria 8.1, I hardly see anything 'breathtaking' about this figure. For me as a European, Michael 8.1 looks like the 1950's stereotype of a white US-American. But this of course says nothing about the technical improvements, which may be great.

    By

    caravelle caravelle January 2021 in The Commons
  • Michael 8.1
    gerster said:

    Leana said:

    gerster said:

    I'm disappointed that there's ni banner for owning lot if g8 bundles or Michael pre generations

    There wasn't any for Victoria, so I wouldn't expect one for Michael.

    I was also disappointed that there wasn't such a banner for Victoria 8.1 cheeky
    but the Victoria 8.1 bundle was $32.83 while Michael 8.1 is $57.71 in my card. surprise

    It's $75 in my cart... how did you get that extra discount?

    By

    CHWT CHWT January 2021 in The Commons
  • Michael 8.1

    Leana said:

    gerster said:

    I'm disappointed that there's ni banner for owning lot if g8 bundles or Michael pre generations

    There wasn't any for Victoria, so I wouldn't expect one for Michael.

    I was also disappointed that there wasn't such a banner for Victoria 8.1 cheeky
    but the Victoria 8.1 bundle was $32.83 while Michael 8.1 is $57.71 in my card. surprise

    By

    Hurdy3D Hurdy3D January 2021 in The Commons
  • Michael 8.1

    gerster said:

    I'm disappointed that there's ni banner for owning lot if g8 bundles or Michael pre generations

    There wasn't any for Victoria, so I wouldn't expect one for Michael.

    By

    Leana Leana January 2021 in The Commons
  • Michael 8.1
    gerster said:

    mnpala said:

    There's no purple banner like there was with Victoria 8.1

    Is there one coming?

    Otherwise its an expensive bundle.

    I don't think that there will be a purple banner. The banner for Victoria was only for an old item that you owned.

     

    I'm disappointed that there's ni banner for owning lot if g8 bundles or Michael pre generations

    +1

    By

    CHWT CHWT January 2021 in The Commons
  • Michael 8.1

    mnpala said:

    There's no purple banner like there was with Victoria 8.1

    Is there one coming?

    Otherwise its an expensive bundle.

    I don't think that there will be a purple banner. The banner for Victoria was only for an old item that you owned.

     

    I'm disappointed that there's ni banner for owning lot if g8 bundles or Michael pre generations

    By

    Hurdy3D Hurdy3D January 2021 in The Commons
  • Michael 8.1

    There's no purple banner like there was with Victoria 8.1

    Is there one coming?

    Otherwise its an expensive bundle.

    By

    mnpala mnpala January 2021 in The Commons
  • Michael 8.1
    Asari said:
    Thx DAZ that we don't have to wait 3 months for the Male release.

    I'm about disappointed though that the M8.1 HD addon has less details than the Victoria one. Victoria's HD addon was top notch and her skin details amazing. Michael's HD addon in comparison looks kinda bland and blurry. Even the lip details are not crisp, but look blurry, as if sculpting details have been lost midway.

    I think it looks fine. Sure it does not look as "HD" as V8.1 HD, but V8.1 HD was kinda over-the-top for me... her skin looks more like used leather. Sometimes the normal maps that come with the character alone already add enough details

    By

    CHWT CHWT January 2021 in The Commons
  • Michael 8.1
    Thx DAZ that we don't have to wait 3 months for the Male release.

    I'm about disappointed though that the M8.1 HD addon has less details than the Victoria one. Victoria's HD addon was top notch and her skin details amazing. Michael's HD addon in comparison looks kinda bland and blurry. Even the lip details are not crisp, but look blurry, as if sculpting details have been lost midway.

    By

    Asari Asari January 2021 in The Commons
  • Michael 8.1

    Cora Regina said:

    Edit: That skin looks a lot better out of the promos, plasma_ring! I'm just really disappointed to hear that it has the head stubble. I've passed over otherwise beautiful characters due to baked in stubble because it can make using hair with the length, color, style, and hairline of my choosing impossible without breaking flow and editing things as best I can, across multiple maps.

    I take it there's no "stubble gone" option like there sometimes is for eyebrows or other facial hair?

    Unfortunately not, although at least it doesn't stand out very much. It's a really odd choice!

    vwrangler said:

    You've made him look pretty good. Oddly enough, he looks kind of like the midpoint between Michael 7 and Michael 8. Or maybe between Michael 6 and 8. (Actually, I wonder if maybe he uses the texture resource they used for Michael 6. In that lighting, he looks a LOT like Nevio.)

    Oh now that you mention it, he really resembles Michael 6 to me. There's something about his facial sculpt that seems less realistic than Victoria's, kind of a Disney prince look going on.

    I'm a big fan of Trance, though. 

    By

    plasma_ring plasma_ring January 2021 in The Commons
  • Michael 8.1

    I'll wait until tomorrow to see what the secondary bundle is. As awesome as the wheelchair is, I don't need a bunch of basketball things + animation fluff especially with the huge price tags on smaller batches of items we get now. Will pick that up separately.

    And 40% of the add-on items for Michael 8.1 to be women and women's clothing?? Yeesh. The big-bucks HD add-on, two outfit texture sets, a female character, and her cheerleading outfit. Ditch the girl and the skirt, give us male hair or accessories instead. Something, anything. Wheelchair mods even, just let us pick from things for the expensive character we are buying.

    As to the character, I agree that in the promos he looks a lot less natural and realistic than Victoria 8.1, just very opaque. However, the morphs for his legs are definitely a draw, I genuinely like the approach of him as being more than just another fit and flawless model, and I'm interested in acquiring his various maps for the new shader. If they look good and I see some good renders from people who pick him up early, I'm returning Vicky. And I'm very interested in Trance, a dark-skinned character made with the new shader!

    Edit: That skin looks a lot better out of the promos, plasma_ring! I'm just really disappointed to hear that it has the head stubble. I've passed over otherwise beautiful characters due to baked in stubble because it can make using hair with the length, color, style, and hairline of my choosing impossible without breaking flow and editing things as best I can, across multiple maps.

    I take it there's no "stubble gone" option like there sometimes is for eyebrows or other facial hair?

    By

    Cora Regina Cora Regina January 2021 in The Commons
  • Michael 8.1

    vwrangler said:

    A puzzling thing: according to his product page, Michael 8.1 includes 3Delight settings, and Victoria didn't. He also includes an add-on character in his first bundle, and Victoria didn't include a character in either of her bundles.

    Beyond that, he's MUCH younger looking than Michael 8, and not nearly as lantern-jawed.

    Mostly, I just kind of want Trance, though.

    plasma_ring said:

    Huh, he doesn't include 3Delight in his materials folder. 

    It looks like it's an error of some sort. I think the line about the "subsurface settings (3Delight)" probably isn't supposed to be there at all. It only specifically notes Iray materials, and it makes no sense to have 3Delight subsurface settings when you don't have 3Delight materials.

    Here he is as he loads, under default settings. Actually much more realistic than in the promos IMO. His skin texture has hair stubble on the scalp. 

    You've made him look pretty good. Oddly enough, he looks kind of like the midpoint between Michael 7 and Michael 8. Or maybe between Michael 6 and 8. (Actually, I wonder if maybe he uses the texture resource they used for Michael 6. In that lighting, he looks a LOT like Nevio.)

     

    By

    vwrangler vwrangler January 2021 in The Commons
  • Michael 8.1

    vwrangler said:

    A puzzling thing: according to his product page, Michael 8.1 includes 3Delight settings, and Victoria didn't. He also includes an add-on character in his first bundle, and Victoria didn't include a character in either of her bundles.

    Beyond that, he's MUCH younger looking than Michael 8, and not nearly as lantern-jawed.

    Mostly, I just kind of want Trance, though.

    Huh, he doesn't include 3Delight in his materials folder. 

    Here he is as he loads, under default settings. Actually much more realistic than in the promos IMO. His skin texture has hair stubble on the scalp. 

    By

    plasma_ring plasma_ring January 2021 in The Commons
  • Michael 8.1

    A puzzling thing: according to his product page, Michael 8.1 includes 3Delight settings, and Victoria didn't. He also includes an add-on character in his first bundle, and Victoria didn't include a character in either of her bundles.

    Beyond that, he's MUCH younger looking than Michael 8, and not nearly as lantern-jawed.

    Mostly, I just kind of want Trance, though.

    By

    vwrangler vwrangler January 2021 in The Commons
  • Who's Next to Join the G8 Family?

    And Michael 8.1 just one week after Victoria.

    Well, it's better than three months later, or three years later, I suppose.

    And unlike Victoria and the university bundle, there's an actual character in Michael's bundle. Curious.

    By

    vwrangler vwrangler January 2021 in The Commons
Previous Next
Adding to Cart…

Daz 3D is part of Tafi

Connect

DAZ Productions, Inc.
7533 S Center View Ct #4664
West Jordan, UT 84084

HELP

Contact Us

Tutorials

Help Center

Sell Your 3D Content

Affiliate Program

Documentation Center

Open Source

Consent Preferences

JOIN DAZ

Memberships

Blog

About Us

Press

Careers

Bridges

Community

In the Studio

Gallery

Forum

DAZ STORE

Shop

Freebies

Published Artists

Licensing Agreement | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | EULA

© 2026 Daz Productions Inc. All Rights Reserved.