-
Anyone else a bit concerned by the pivot towards adult content?
memcneil70 said:
As someone in their 70s, I am surprised how protected the younger members of the forum have been! Did you not discover your parents' stash of Playboy, Playgirl, or Hustler magazines as a kid? You didn't share the shower or swim naked with other kids or your parents? Or sneak to the neighbor's house to watch the Playboy channel since your folks didn't subscribe to it? (My son did that one.) My earliest attempts at drawing was due to the comics in those mags.
As was apparently common at the time, I found a stash of porn magazines in the woods when I was young.
Issue with downloading Daz Studio 4.22Hi snagglebru,
I had the same problem,, I unistalled Daz instal manager and then reinstalled it.. Boom the the Daz updatel worked..
Hope that helps.
Jason
Rendo migrations and the risk of duplicate purchasesI've written a small (free) utility (Windows) that makes it easier to check for DAZ/Renderosity duplicates, if anyone care to give it a test run. It uses an algorithm that translates the product names into store links, it basically seems to work OK with the new vendors but it needs some more testing.
Apparently DAZ doesn't seem to use a consistent algorithm to convert product names into store links, or they have changed the algorithm over the years (store links seem to be hardcoded, not dynamically generated, so if product name changes, it no longer matches the original algorithm that created the link).
It does look though as if they are using a specific algorithm for the new vendors so I'm trying to fine tune the one the program is using, to match it. So if you try the program please report any products from these vendors (copy Product Name and DAZ URL in the program) where you can see that they fail. E.g. product shows in browser, but no "PURCHASED AT RENDEROSITY" warning. Or you get the "Ooops" page despite you have purchased the product at Renderosity.
When using Vendor Name search use lower case only and omit special characters, e.g, for "-Valkyrie-" just use "valkyrie", or for "~Wolfie~" use "wolfie", etc.. Empty Vendor Search field (with no spaces) will list all products.
Click on a product on the list, or use the up/down arrow keys to browse the list (Auto Check must be enabled here). You can also (Auto Check must be disabled here) right click on product icons in the store, select "Copy Link", and then double-click on the DAZ URL field to paste the link into the field. Then click the corresponding "Check" box, if you've already purchased the product at Renderosity it should now find it if it's currently on the list (use full list if you browse different vendors).
If you log in with the built-in browser you can also see if you accidently have purchased a product you've already purchased at Renderosity. If may work faster though not being logged in, haven't really tested that.
Can be downloaded here: https://www.3dcontentmanagers.com/freeware/3d-related/chk-dup-daz-rr/
What happens to vendors now, we done?!wolf359 said:
This is not correct ,you are a bit behind the times, on AI it seems
Generative AI has had the ability to repeat Characters with your customized training data for over a year now
you can even repose them with “open pose”.Yes I am a complete newbie in AI, but when I refer to AI I'm talking about DAZ AI Studio that's what this forum is about. I didn't see those features you're tallking of in DAZ, or if they're possible then I wasn't able to use them in the free version. Or that's what DAZ AI Studio is missing.
p.s. With DAZ I even have issues getting basic anatomy, as the AI often comes up with extra fingers or missing limbs or a reversed head, go figure to keep the same character or make specific poses. So may be I'm not the only one being "behind the times" LOL.
Anyone else a bit concerned by the pivot towards adult content?xyer0 said:
memcneil70 said:
...
Back to the original subject matter of the thread, I generally avoided Rendo because of the number of offerings that were little more than three triangles with a string connecting them. And the bad search engine. I only went there when someone was kind enough to point me to a PA or a particular item I appreciated they had shown in the forums. So my selections have been animals, sets, normal clothing, historical outfits included, hairs, shaders, and a few characters.
If DAZ3d starts to be awash with skimpwear, well, money saved. I know that my favorite PAs will still create great things I can buy, and I will have the credit waiting for them. And that will leave more of the other products for those who do want them. No harm, no foul. Peace to all.
If only daz3d's search engine were that "bad."
Well there is bad and then there is BAD! Depends I think on how familiar one is on the technique of bad coding and how screwy one's mind is to interpret it. After 45 years dealing with computer databases (military and medical devices) I got use to really weird ones in a variety of languages. And rebuilt a few. God help me.
Anyone else a bit concerned by the pivot towards adult content?memcneil70 said:
...
Back to the original subject matter of the thread, I generally avoided Rendo because of the number of offerings that were little more than three triangles with a string connecting them. And the bad search engine. I only went there when someone was kind enough to point me to a PA or a particular item I appreciated they had shown in the forums. So my selections have been animals, sets, normal clothing, historical outfits included, hairs, shaders, and a few characters.
If DAZ3d starts to be awash with skimpwear, well, money saved. I know that my favorite PAs will still create great things I can buy, and I will have the credit waiting for them. And that will leave more of the other products for those who do want them. No harm, no foul. Peace to all.
If only daz3d's search engine were that "bad."
Celebrity Look-a-Likes for 3D figures Part 4gooHero said:
ChangelingChick said:
Or Thandiwe Newton
Don't see Nicole but I definitely see Thandiwe; good call!
and @Stephen, this one from Sonne is much better https://www.renderhub.com/sonne/annie-for-genesis-8-and-8-1; I bought her and have some renders on deviantart if you search for gooHero and then it is in one of the first galleries. It is >>Not safe for work<< and that is also why I do not link it directly. If you don't already have an account, you might need to make one to see them as they are tagged adult (have to or else I will get banned), sorry. Just wanted to let you know before you potentially bought the one from 3DUK; no offense to the guy as I could not do better, but Sonne is just more skilled at it
Erin Moriarty (actress):

Character: https://www.renderhub.com/sonne/annie-for-genesis-8-and-8-1
Hair: https://www.daz3d.com/oneida-hair-for-genesis-3-8-and-81-females
Anyone else a bit concerned by the pivot towards adult content?As someone in their 70s, I am surprised how protected the younger members of the forum have been! Did you not discover your parents' stash of Playboy, Playgirl, or Hustler magazines as a kid? You didn't share the shower or swim naked with other kids or your parents? Or sneak to the neighbor's house to watch the Playboy channel since your folks didn't subscribe to it? (My son did that one.) My earliest attempts at drawing was due to the comics in those mags.
Back to the original subject matter of the thread, I generally avoided Rendo because of the number of offerings that were little more than three triangles with a string connecting them. And the bad search engine. I only went there when someone was kind enough to point me to a PA or a particular item I appreciated they had shown in the forums. So my selections have been animals, sets, normal clothing, historical outfits included, hairs, shaders, and a few characters.
If DAZ3d starts to be awash with skimpwear, well, money saved. I know that my favorite PAs will still create great things I can buy, and I will have the credit waiting for them. And that will leave more of the other products for those who do want them. No harm, no foul. Peace to all.
Richard Hasletine (sp)Ann, I didn't mean to sound like I was criticizing you. I wasn't. I just mentioned that I hadn't seen you in the forum, thinking that you were helping out in Apoc's absense. I'm sorry if I offended you.
You can see from my comments that I have no idea how the forum was run. You just gave me a history lesson. My comments come from my desire to see the Bryce forum thrive. There isn't anywhere on the internet (that I know of) where a Bryce forum is as active as this one and it isn't all that active. I see the challenges as something that may bring more people in.
Richard said that I could do a poll so I started one last night. It is not at all like what I see in the forum. I have to work on it a lot more and test it out. I might have to change how I am doing it. It is a lot of work, as you mention. I appreciate what you have done for us.
Does anyone know where the "Cat Mars" add-on breeds can be purchased?Since the link above is now missing, and searching with most engines pulls up the old broken Renderhub links: you can find Vyusur's models by searching on the Yandex.com search engine for "boosty.to vyusur". For me the first result returned is indexed in Russian, but following it leads me to her Boosty index page in English. Or: it takes the form of boosty.to/vyusur.
Now In Store in a Meadow Near you! (Commercial)Martinjfrost said:
memcneil70 said:
@Martinjfrost, to say those are lovely is to be understated. I just had a breath of spring after gray days of snow here in Denver! Thank you so much.
As a note, I have found Edge on Win 11 very helpful in looking up the plants you and the other great artists challenge us with! I have been learning a lot. (It is also useful for Japanese sets to figure out if I have a food item or a piece of furniture. No manga/anime references provided.)
Mary
Thank you for your kind words Mary, I have to say i rather enjoyed making these plants come to digital life as its been a rather dull cold and long winter in the UK and spring still seems a long way off this year. So some flowers and summery scenes certainly helped !
We have bluebells in the garden, which feels early though a search of the web suggests not.
Let's appreciate/discuss today's new releases - ongoing thread
I have often wondered how much forum engagement results in users seeing as of yet unnoticed products that they may need but didn't spot initially, I'm glad Richard made his post, and at some point I should check his freebie outas a thank you.memcneil70 said:Censored said:
lou_harper said:
richardandtracy said:
I do appreciate the fenced produced by Censored (https://www.daz3d.com/modular-metal-railings-merchant-resource). They'd go nicely with my fancy iron gate freebie from 2022 here https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/7679196/#Comment_7679196 . Glad someone else has realised the shortage of such things too. I am also impressed with the finishes - the rusty ones look particularly realistic.
Regards,
Richard
I was going to mention the fence too. :)
Thanks you both, it was a pack that occurred to me while making my original modular fence pack, unfortunately it just took until now to free up enough time to make them. I hope you enjoy using them if you managed to pick them up.I only saw them because of Richard's post. I put them in my cart and waited for the store to sort itself out. When I looked at them, I envisioned a number of sets I have that I could use them with once I am back rendering full time. I like that 'snap-to' feature. Old eyes rejoice. Everything you do gets a hard look by me right away. If money is tight, I will wishlist, but otherwise buy ASAP.
Celebrity Look-a-Likes for 3D figures Part 4ChangelingChick said:
Or Thandiwe Newton
Don't see Nicole but I definitely see Thandiwe; good call!
and @Stephen, this one from Sonne is much better https://www.renderhub.com/sonne/annie-for-genesis-8-and-8-1; I bought her and have some renders on deviantart if you search for gooHero and then it is in one of the first galleries. It is >>Not safe for work<< and that is also why I do not link it directly. If you don't already have an account, you might need to make one to see them as they are tagged adult (have to or else I will get banned), sorry. Just wanted to let you know before you potentially bought the one from 3DUK; no offense to the guy as I could not do better, but Sonne is just more skilled at it.
[Released] RSSY Hair Converter from Genesis 8 to Genesis 9 [Commercial]barbult said:
RiverSoft Art said:
barbult said:
RiverSoft Art said:
barbult said:
If deleting data files is critical, why is it not even mentioned in the PDF manual? Based on previous forum comments, I did delete data files before trying again. At least they have CV in the folder name now, so they are a little easier to identify.
It is mentioned in the script dialog instructions:
If you want to convert the same hair twice, it is HIGHLY recommended to create a new, empty scene to clear out that cache before trying the second conversion. You should also delete the data files for the badly converted hair (see manual).AND in the manual:
If you have converted hair twice, you can often get errors because the first conversion’s morphs can be active when converting the second time. If you want to try reconverting a hair, it is always recommended to find the data/VENDOR NAME/PRODUCT NAME/HAIR NAME folder and deleting it. This is NOT the folder in My Daz 3D Library (which would be the original hair) but in the first directory listed in the Daz Studio Formats section of the Content Directory Manager (which is usually My Library)What else should I do?
Well, nothing I guess. I couldn't find that in the manual for some reason, in spite of searching the manual for data and delete. But you are correct. It is stated in the manual. I apologize for not finding it and suggesting it wasn't there.
No problem @Barbult. But if you could not find it when you are looking for it, that is bad. Is there something I could do to make it more obvious? Rereading it, I say "recommended" when it should be "required" or something like that. For some reason with this new method, converting twice seems to be guaranteed to fail if files are around.
I suppose ideally, the converter would delete those old files itself. It must know what they are named, since it is about to recreate them. Is there a reason that you already rejected that idea?
The script does try and detect a previous conversion in the data files directory (which is not as easy as you would think since it doesn't control the name of those files). Based on that, it changes its behavior but it doesn't seem to work as I would like. I think it would need to delete the files, delete the scene, reload G9, and then do the hair conversion again. It would be slow, complicated, and I still was not sure it would work. I eventually decided to not do that as least for now.
I want the characters to talk.So what do I do for the 64 bit version if Mimic is not available for it? What's the whole point of the 64 bit version if you can't add voice overs to your characters?
According to a post by Daz forum mod (years ago)
Daz inc. never owned the licensing to
re-compile the mimic software for 64 Bit.This plugin is your least expensive option for 64 bit lipsync daz studio.
https://www.daz3d.com/poserecorderThis one gets better results IMHO but is more expensive
https://www.daz3d.com/anilip-2
there is also this third party option
(Iphone required)
https://www.facemotion3d.com/shop/If you are using Genesis 9 installing the 32 bit version of Daz studio and using mimic is your cheapest option.
But there is this more expensive option in the daz store (Iphone required)
https://www.daz3d.com/catalogsearch/result?q=face+mojo.
Richard Hasletine (sp)Oh dear, you transposed two letters in the summoning ritual - that never ends well. Bwahahahahahahahahahacoughcoughsplutter.
Polls can't be run on this forum software, so I think an external service has been used for those (Survey Planet by the look of it). We haven't given the challenge runners any special powers, though - the prizes are, I think, handled by DAZ_ann0314. If you want to take over the challenge then please send a PM to Ann.
Richard Hasletine (sp)You, as I understand it, are in charge of the forums. We have lost our Apoc to work duties and his replacement does not know how to do polls for challenges. She has also not been to the forum to post anything in a while. We have a challenge that ended on December 31st but is still open. I am willing to learn how to do a poll if you want to make me a volunteer 'moderator', or whatever I would be considered.
I feel like the Bryce forum is dying because of the lack of participation for the challenges and from moderators. This is the best place on the internet to see people still creating Bryce works. I still buy Bryce products.
Please consider helping the Bryce forum continue to flourish. Thank you.
Can I upload my weight map?crosswind said:
Depending on what you want to do... if you repainted the weight on a Genesis base figure or character in Blender and want to bring the updated weight maps onto the figure in DS, just export the figure to FBX in Blender and import it into DS (with Public Build as Richard suggested... otherwise you might not get correct results...). Then with Node Weight Brush tool activated, copy / paste general weight maps from the imported FBX to the Genesis figure. Then save as figure asset with your vendor name, etc....
If you're making a stand-alone figure, more or less you can adopt the same method but the workflow could be different... That'll be another stroy...
BTW, I recommend a Blender add-on, Better FBX Importer & Exporter, which can be pretty helpful. Search it on blendermarket.com and check what it can do...
Do you mean this?

But I'm having some problems
When I save a file after editing in blender. I get this result

I tried using Better FBX Importer & Exporter
But I get an error
Anyone else a bit concerned by the pivot towards adult content?Cybersox said:
Drip said:
woodenauthor said:
gambit70_NZ said:
Pancake said:
Timbales said:
I don't equate Nude with Lewd, but I'm also part of a figure drawing group that has weekly sessions with a nude model.
I don't necessarily have a problem with more adult themed content.
It's just that we've had this problem for way longer than I've been here where adult content is the best selling content, so PAs are motivated by that.
It just seems like the possibility of ever getting a decent variety of normal clothes, particularly male clothes, is slipping further and further away.
I have no problem with adult content and think that realistic anatomy/detail adds to the power to create realistic images. Having said that I 100% agree with Pancake that the problem is the lack of "normal" content, especially if you want to create images with normal females. I know someone here said the adult (skimpwear) content sells but can it really be true that people only feel the need to buy yet another themed bikini set?
My thought on the matter is it's not so much the content, as the flexibility. I admit I'm one of the artists who also tends to dabble in more adult material, and from my experience most of the full outfits tend to be pretty rigid in terms of posing. They'll follow the characters, but that's about it. There are a few artists who will add poses - Aeon, OutofTouch, Lilflame, and Fugazi come to mind - but most just slap dForce on it, give it the adjustments to handle poke throughs and such, and maybe let a ribbon spin. Now, I'm not a modeler, but I'd bet one of the reason the skimpy outfits get pushed more by the artists is that they're smaller pieces, so a bit easier to add the flexibility while probably simpler to work on. So you end up in a loop where a good outfit is hard to find, but Bikingerie #56712345 is making money. From a story telling perspective, I'd love more buttons, zippers, and overall interaction with the outfits. They're just not getting designed that way.
I do think you're adressing a pretty important problem with full outfits. They tend to lack options and detail. Things like no seams, pockets which won't open, dForce settings which don't make sense for the fabric, sometimes even full outfits (like pants, shoes, shirt and jacket) all in one single object instead of seperates that might be combined with other outfits. Occasionally, someone does release a full outfit that's actually well done in almost every aspect, and on those rare occasions, half the forum is gushing about it and make it an insta-buy.
But, it's risky for a designer to invest in these "normal" outfits. If something just won't click with the customers, then it won't sell, and a LOT of time has been wasted. And it just has to sell extremely well, because they can't afford to hitch the price up to $60 where a bikini generally goes for around $20 (not including discounts on either), because that higher price would also cut into the potential sales. I know some of the PA's make stuff for Daz on the side, while they mostly earn from some other job, and they can sometimes afford to spend that time on all those necessary details. But there are also some PA's who mostly make a living from what they sell here, and they just can't afford to spend that amount of time on one release, because their Daz paycheck is required to pay their bills, and they can't postpone receiving it.
And that is where DAZ itself should be stepping up, because if the needed assets aren't here, then the people who do that work will go elsewhere and find other solutions. I'm sure that I'm not a typical DAZ customer, but I know that I would far rather get a couple of basic men's business suits and more female clothing suitible for upper level work (or church,) even if those items come broken into pieces, as a PC+ item than yet another collection of weeds, non-sensical fantasy animal, impractical vehicle, or redundant skimpwear. And let's not even get into the items included in the bundles, which are often useful ONLY for titilating and "fantasy" images. The new Cheyene bundle is a perfect example, as, despite a very good job of creating a figure that showcases many of the correct ethnic traits, both of the "period" outfits included appear to be highly feminized versions of outfits traditionally worn by males, not females. Sigh...
I agree that Daz should step up to find a solution. However, I do not think limiting what kind of assets are allowed would be that solution. There's only so much lingerie and bikini's we'll need, so sales on that front will decline a bit in time. Not in total, but definitely per product released, so discouragement for designing yet another bikini will happen more or less automatically soon enough.
What's more needed, is some kind of encouragement for designers to do make those non-skimp standard clothes and male outfits, and to make them well. I'm not sure how they can encourage designers to do so, but the risk for designers to flat out miss a week (or more) of income due to the time required to make stuff like that needs to be off-set somehow. There should be a carrot for making regular clothes, not a stick for not making them.
Recently bought stuff not showing up in Smart ContentI have been experiencing this issue too for quite some time. Though recently I've noticed it's becoming more frequent.
Usually I just uncheck 'filter by context' and search for the item as more often than not it's in smart content but in a completely different catagory. For example: I've had skirts appear in pants and sweaters appear in full outfit and jean-shorts appear in underwear. Often part of an outfit is not catagorized at all and I have to load the full outfit to get that item I want and remove the rest.
Of course, if the item doesn't appear after searching for the clothing or vendor name (as it is in the store), things can get time consuming. Searching a generic name like 'sweater' or 'pants' or 'jeans' can work, but not always.
Uncatagorized materials and shaders though are a whole lot worse. I've experienced this issue with a number of hair products. Again, they are in smart content but do not automatically appear when the hair and/or figure is selected. The only way to find them is to uncheck 'filter by context'.
Other issues I've had include: misplaced lighting and rendering presets - especially HDRI's. Props not appearing where they should be - and have a completely different name so they're difficult to search for. I've also experienced problems with lighting presets that actually change the render aspect ratio (seriously, why???), but that's a seperate topic.
What's really frustrating about this is I spend more time searching for wrongly catagorized and poorly named items than I do building and lighting a scene.










