• Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3D Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
    • Game Ready
  • Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions
  • Download Studio
  • Menu
  • Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3d Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
  • Community
    • Our Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

Loading...
Daz 3D Forums > Search
  • Face the camera script?

    Are yiou intending to write it yourself? If so, see below - if not, please edit your opening post and chnage the forum to Product Suggestions.

    Getting the location of the current viewpoint is fairly simple - you just need to chug through the MainWindow global object to getViewportMgr(), then from that getActiveViewport(), then from that get3DViewport(), then from that getCamera(). Once you have the camera you can get its location from the general DzNode getXPosControl() etc., and getValue() on those. For the billboard(s) you shoudl be able to use Scene.getSelectedNodeList() and plod through them getting their positions as you got the camera position, then you need to do a bit of maths to figure out which way they should face, then use getXRotControl() to get the rotations controls and setValue( number ) on those to set the rotations.

    By

    Richard Haseltine Richard Haseltine April 2024 in Daz Script Developer Discussion
  • Anyone else a bit concerned by the pivot towards adult content?

    PerttiA said:

    I think this should be Mature filtered...

    I wasn't trying to foretell the future when I mentioned this. Check out the throat morph.

    @SilverGirl Here's another one! It doesn't come up on a "piano" search either, even though "piano" is in the text of the promo page four times.

     

    By

    xyer0 xyer0 April 2024 in The Commons
  • Why can't DAZ prevent Duplicate Formula problems with products they sell?

    Richard Haseltine said:

    Fesoul Team said:

    If anyone needs Nisa's repair and upgrade package, please talk to me directly for the forum. It brings everyone inconvenience, and I will post a repair package for everyone who buys. Thanks!

    If you submit an update to PASS the base item can be fixed, which will reach everyone ragardless of whether or not they see this thread.

    Thanks I will update it in pass system

    By

    Fesoul Team Fesoul Team April 2024 in The Commons
  • Cookie notifications on EVERY single page!

    Wonderland said:

    Every time I open any page now, I get a cookie notice. Each time I click preferences and Do Not Sell My Information and Save. Then as soon as I open another page, there it is again. The site is supposed to ask ONCE. Not every time you open a page! This is not conducive to checking out products and purchasing. Why does everything keep get worse here rather than better? Instead of wasting time and money on all these failed promotions for NFTs, Season Passes, and now AI, they need to fix their own website, marketing issues, Genesis 9 and DS. I'm just going to stop shopping if I have to click a cookie notice on every page I open!  How can we complain to someone who actually has power to fix this? 

    Yeah... Quite annoying... And I don't even use anything Apple so this is not a Safari exclusive issue.

    Also, newest items I bought are not considered owned on the main site. It's OK on DIM and the product library page, so I'm not having issues using them, but it's annoying the fact they keep showing up when I search stuff even if the "Hide Items I Own" is checked.

    Hope they solve those site issues promptly...

     

     

    By

    rokkr rokkr April 2024 in The Commons
  • Why can't DAZ prevent Duplicate Formula problems with products they sell?

    Fesoul Team said:

    If anyone needs Nisa's repair and upgrade package, please talk to me directly for the forum. It brings everyone inconvenience, and I will post a repair package for everyone who buys. Thanks!

    If you submit an update to PASS the base item can be fixed, which will reach everyone ragardless of whether or not they see this thread.

    By

    Richard Haseltine Richard Haseltine April 2024 in The Commons
  • Daz AI Studio - Official Beta Launch!

    Originally, I intended to make some significant purchases from your platform again. I already had items worth around $200 in my cart. However, while browsing, I stumbled upon your AI feature, which immediately extinguished any joy I had in shopping. Are you now contributing to the destruction of our shared hobby? Over time, I've already spent A LOT OF Money on your platform, honing my rendering skills for over a decade, and I take pride in posting a picture in a forum after working on it for an entire day.

    But why should I continue doing so when someone with no skills can generate comparable or even better images in seconds for just $3.99 a month and later spam the forums I frequent?

    You're aiding in the destruction of creativity and the enjoyment of the rendering hobby! I genuinely cannot understand why you support this.

    For my part, I've now saved $200. I hope you're satisfied with that.

    By

    thorsten_370e9b1e2e thorsten_370e9b1e2e April 2024 in Daz AI Studio
  • Why can't DAZ prevent Duplicate Formula problems with products they sell?

    If anyone needs Nisa's repair and upgrade package, please talk to me directly for the forum. It brings everyone inconvenience, and I will post a repair package for everyone who buys. Thanks!

    By

    Fesoul Team Fesoul Team April 2024 in The Commons
  • Now In Store in a Meadow Near you! (Commercial)

    Richard Haseltine said:

     

    We have bluebells in the garden, which feels early though a search of the web suggests not.

    Depends where you are, they are out here in south yorkshire.....  

    By

    Martinjfrost Martinjfrost April 2024 in Daz PA Commercial Products
  • Announcing: Daz Deals Browser Add-on II

    Noticed yesterday that the price history, gallery and forum links were no longer working on W10 Business+Chrome (124.0.6367.60)+DazDeals 4.1.0 (free version)

    By

    PerttiA PerttiA April 2024 in The Commons
  • 3rd Party Thumbnails in Smart Content- but no files

    Okay. Ajuzarn has not been assigned to a Product, and is in limbo. I get this when an asset in a product is not included for some reason, usually left out of the metadata file, or has the wrong filename.

    Okay, edit the metadata file in the Runtime/Support folder (DAZ_3D_4939938107523997-1_Ajuzam_DR_Test1.dsx). (Now you can use the DIM Show Installed Files list to get to it quickly). It is just a text file in XML format, but is human readable. Search for Ajuzarn DR.cr2. If it is there, it should be in the "Ajuzarn DR Test1" product.

    Re-importing the metadata usually sets it straight. I do not know why it is not working. All I can suggest at this point is to re-install it and check (after a refresh in the folder) if you see a Product entry in that pane. Once you do, it will surely show up in Smart Content.

    By

    NorthOf45 NorthOf45 April 2024 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • Anyone else a bit concerned by the pivot towards adult content?

    SilverGirl said:

    Faeryl Womyn said:

    I don't understand why anyone has a problem with the search option. I type in what I'm looking for and that's what I get. True there is a page or more of items, however what I'm looking for is usually at the top of the list and then other items that may be related to my search in case I typed it wrong and after that I get a wtf bunch of items that don't even closely relate. I still get what I'm looking for near the top and that's what matters.

    It must depend on what you're looking for. There have been several things that I was convinced didn't exist at Daz until I accidentally found them in some set.

    Most notably: an upright piano. All my searches for pianos got grand pianos, and how many regular folks do you know who have one of those at home? I gave up (though it sucked because her upright piano is really important to one of my characters). By happenstance one of the freebies about a month later was a vignette.... with an upright piano! And then a few weeks after that I was looking for a good vintage couch (by then I'd learned to just start looking at every prop set out there) and found ANOTHER UPRIGHT PIANO! I think my count is now up to four or five that I've found, but none of them showed up in a search.

    Likewise with nesting dolls (although I've only found one set). And bracers (generally part of clothing sets). Most of the cat statues have been part of environment sets. I finally found ONE key fob for a modern car, and it was in a set of knick-knacks.

    Type in "plush toy" - you get a bunch of anthropomorphic-type critters that aren't, strictly speaking, plushies, and one set of plushies tossed on the floor. Hit up some select pajama sets, though? Bedroom environments? Select Sloshwerks products? THAT is apparently where they're hiding! 

    @SilverGirl, I just finished going through my props and adding them to categories that made sense to me. Some never were categorized beyond 'Props' or 'Prop' or were something weird, and 'Musical' is one that isn't always used. If you don't have the upright pianos, look at the sets https://www.daz3d.com/collective3d-portrait-vignettes-old-west-1 and https://www.daz3d.com/west-saloon. The older one is Iray as well as the newer one. 

    If you have the time, review the props and environments that you have and make sure the props are assigned to Smart Content > Props categories that you will think of when you need it. Like put food in food and not in kitchenware or decoration or vice versa on in Other. I sorted Toys also and plushies/stuffed toys got their own sub-category. Many were hiding in Decoration.

    @xyer0, If one is doing a naming structure for a computer you have to go from the major level down to the lowest level. For example, Instrument, Piano, Grand; Instrument, Piano, Upright; Instrument, Pianaforte or if in a machine shop - Washer, plastic, 1/2 inch, Washer, metal, 1/4 inch, Washer, metal, .5mm... But it would have to be behind the scenes on a commercial site, although I do look up computer items easily using that method at MicroCenter.

    Mary

    By

    memcneil70 memcneil70 April 2024 in The Commons
  • Store cookie settings broken

    Although it wasn't originally the case, I am also now being asked to confirm cookie settings on nearly every page I visit on the Daz3D site, regardless of which option I pick each time.

    Product pages, store listing pages, vendor pages, forum pages, gallery albums, gallery pages, the blog, the EULA page, the press page, etc.

    The only exception I've yet found is going into the Help/Customer Support/Tech Ticket section, where it doesn't seem to ask.

    By

    Matt_Castle Matt_Castle April 2024 in The Commons
  • Anyone else a bit concerned by the pivot towards adult content?

    doubledeviant said:

    Torquinox said:

    doubledeviant said:

    snip

    I disagree. Those promos show the product in ways it may actually be used. And the promos themselves are quite well done. Besides, the DAZ store has never been completely SFW, any more than art has ever been completely SFW. It is the way of things.  

    I understand and share the inclination to defend the images on artistic grounds. The issue is that Daz's primary function for me is to be a digital storefront for 3D assets - not an art venue - and these images potentially risk its utility in that regard by courting the wrong kind of social attention. Businesses (justly or otherwise) deemed to sell pornographic content can face significant difficulties in the U.S. and other territories:

    - loss of access to PayPal and other payment processing services.
    - flagging of credit card transactions and bank transfers as potentially suspicious or fraudulent.
    - mandates requiring strict age verification for access. (P-hub and other adult content providers are currently fighting a losing battle against a rising number of new state laws.)
    - increased scrutiny from governments and social pressure groups, and potential demands for censorship or alteration of content.
    - exclusion from Internet search results.
    - blacklisting from public and company networks.
    It has been relatively easy to promote a positive image of Daz to non-users in the past. Browsing the store in bits of freetime at work or in public has been mostly non-controversial. I don't see these images as offering any benefit worth potential upset of that state of affairs.

    Perfect way to fight back aginst this type of unreasonable pressure IMO. DAZ has been dealing with this for a long time, so i assume they know what they are doing and I am thrilled to see the site becoming less censored.

    By

    FSMCDesigns FSMCDesigns April 2024 in The Commons
  • Let's appreciate/discuss today's new releases - ongoing thread

    Censored said:

    memcneil70 said:

    Censored said:

    lou_harper said:

    richardandtracy said:

    I do appreciate the fenced produced by Censored (https://www.daz3d.com/modular-metal-railings-merchant-resource). They'd go nicely with my fancy iron gate freebie from 2022 here https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/7679196/#Comment_7679196  . Glad someone else has realised the shortage of such things too. I am also impressed with the finishes - the rusty ones look particularly realistic.

    Regards,

    Richard

    I was going to mention the fence too. :)

    Thanks you both, it was a pack that occurred to me while making my original modular fence pack, unfortunately it just took until now to free up enough time to make them. I hope you enjoy using them if you managed to pick them up.

    I only saw them because of Richard's post. I put them in my cart and waited for the store to sort itself out. When I looked at them, I envisioned a number of sets I have that I could use them with once I am back rendering full time. I like that 'snap-to' feature. Old eyes rejoice. Everything you do gets a hard look by me right away. If money is tight, I will wishlist, but otherwise buy ASAP. 

    I have often wondered how much forum engagement results in users seeing as of yet unnoticed products that they may need but didn't spot initially, I'm glad Richard made his post, and at some point I should check his freebie outas a thank you.

    [Cringe] .. A real PA looking at my stuff... [Gulp]

    It's difficult to know how much influence comes from the forums here when there is no reliable view counter. When I first started doing freebies at Rendo, I went back hourly and plotted graphs of downloads against time. I couldn't ever find a correlation other than whether the freebie was unexpected, very well done or in a new area that others hadn't done before. It did mean I was blown away by the number and speed of 'Vomiting Pose' downloads. I had accidentally found an unfilled niche..

    Returning to the number of views on threads.. I don't think it's generally more than a few score views a day (60-80?), and then the number of purchases from a linked post.. 1in8? 1in10? Hard to be convinced the effect is significant as a proportion of sales unless the total number is around 100-ish. I may be a bit on the low side, but when it comes to money, being pessimistic is usually the safer option!

    Regards,

    Richard.

    By

    richardandtracy richardandtracy April 2024 in The Commons
  • Anyone else a bit concerned by the pivot towards adult content?
    Torquinox said:

    doubledeviant said:

    snip

    I disagree. Those promos show the product in ways it may actually be used. And the promos themselves are quite well done. Besides, the DAZ store has never been completely SFW, any more than art has ever been completely SFW. It is the way of things.  

    I understand and share the inclination to defend the images on artistic grounds. The issue is that Daz's primary function for me is to be a digital storefront for 3D assets - not an art venue - and these images potentially risk its utility in that regard by courting the wrong kind of social attention. Businesses (justly or otherwise) deemed to sell pornographic content can face significant difficulties in the U.S. and other territories:
    - loss of access to PayPal and other payment processing services.
    - flagging of credit card transactions and bank transfers as potentially suspicious or fraudulent.
    - mandates requiring strict age verification for access. (P-hub and other adult content providers are currently fighting a losing battle against a rising number of new state laws.)
    - increased scrutiny from governments and social pressure groups, and potential demands for censorship or alteration of content.
    - exclusion from Internet search results.
    - blacklisting from public and company networks.
    It has been relatively easy to promote a positive image of Daz to non-users in the past. Browsing the store in bits of freetime at work or in public has been mostly non-controversial. I don't see these images as offering any benefit worth potential upset of that state of affairs.

    By

    doubledeviant doubledeviant April 2024 in The Commons
  • Render your buys! Use buys from the current month and the previous month of sales

    SapphireBlue said:

    tsroemi That's a very dreamy render with a lot of feeling in it. heartAnd now that you've shared your first image in this thread, I hope you'll share more! smiley

    Here's the info about how to embed those images for next time: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/523531/solved-how-to-post-an-image-in-forum

    Thank you, both for the nice comment and the link! I remember now, it's really very simple. Will do it like this next time.  

    By

    tsroemi tsroemi April 2024 in The Commons
  • Render your buys! Use buys from the current month and the previous month of sales

    tsroemi That's a very dreamy render with a lot of feeling in it. heartAnd now that you've shared your first image in this thread, I hope you'll share more! smiley

    Here's the info about how to embed those images for next time: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/523531/solved-how-to-post-an-image-in-forum

    By

    SapphireBlue SapphireBlue April 2024 in The Commons
  • Anyone else a bit concerned by the pivot towards adult content?

    Faeryl Womyn said:

    I don't understand why anyone has a problem with the search option. I type in what I'm looking for and that's what I get. True there is a page or more of items, however what I'm looking for is usually at the top of the list and then other items that may be related to my search in case I typed it wrong and after that I get a wtf bunch of items that don't even closely relate. I still get what I'm looking for near the top and that's what matters.

    It must depend on what you're looking for. There have been several things that I was convinced didn't exist at Daz until I accidentally found them in some set.

    Most notably: an upright piano. All my searches for pianos got grand pianos, and how many regular folks do you know who have one of those at home? I gave up (though it sucked because her upright piano is really important to one of my characters). By happenstance one of the freebies about a month later was a vignette.... with an upright piano! And then a few weeks after that I was looking for a good vintage couch (by then I'd learned to just start looking at every prop set out there) and found ANOTHER UPRIGHT PIANO! I think my count is now up to four or five that I've found, but none of them showed up in a search.

    Likewise with nesting dolls (although I've only found one set). And bracers (generally part of clothing sets). Most of the cat statues have been part of environment sets. I finally found ONE key fob for a modern car, and it was in a set of knick-knacks.

    Type in "plush toy" - you get a bunch of anthropomorphic-type critters that aren't, strictly speaking, plushies, and one set of plushies tossed on the floor. Hit up some select pajama sets, though? Bedroom environments? Select Sloshwerks products? THAT is apparently where they're hiding! 

    By

    SilverGirl SilverGirl April 2024 in The Commons
  • Anyone else a bit concerned by the pivot towards adult content?

    I don't understand why anyone has a problem with the search option. I type in what I'm looking for and that's what I get. True there is a page or more of items, however what I'm looking for is usually at the top of the list and then other items that may be related to my search in case I typed it wrong and after that I get a wtf bunch of items that don't even closely relate. I still get what I'm looking for near the top and that's what matters.

    By

    Faeryl Womyn Faeryl Womyn April 2024 in The Commons
  • Anyone else a bit concerned by the pivot towards adult content?

    memcneil70 said:

    xyer0 said:

    memcneil70 said:

    ...

    Back to the original subject matter of the thread, I generally avoided Rendo because of the number of offerings that were little more than three triangles with a string connecting them. And the bad search engine. I only went there when someone was kind enough to point me to a PA or a particular item I appreciated they had shown in the forums. So my selections have been animals, sets, normal clothing, historical outfits included, hairs, shaders, and a few characters.

    If DAZ3d starts to be awash with skimpwear, well, money saved. I know that my favorite PAs will still create great things I can buy, and I will have the credit waiting for them. And that will leave more of the other products for those who do want them. No harm, no foul. Peace to all.

    If only daz3d's search engine were that "bad." 

    Well there is bad and then there is BAD! Depends I think on how familiar one is on the technique of bad coding and how screwy one's mind is to interpret it. After 45 years dealing with computer databases (military and medical devices) I got use to really weird ones in a variety of languages. And rebuilt a few. God help me. 

    I'm not on your level, of course, Ms. Mary. I'm so simple as to expect that if I type the exact name of a product into a search field, then it will be included in the results (as always happens at Rendo), or if I recall recently seeing, say hypothetically, a hair dryer in a product's promo, I can type "hair dryer" and get all the hair dryers in the store, as opposed to here, where a product with "hair dryer" in the name may be excluded from the search results, and products with hair dryers in the product description may be excluded as well. I remember a time when this was not so, and its end coincided with November 2020.

    By

    xyer0 xyer0 April 2024 in The Commons
Previous Next
Adding to Cart…

Daz 3D is part of Tafi

Connect

DAZ Productions, Inc.
7533 S Center View Ct #4664
West Jordan, UT 84084

HELP

Contact Us

Tutorials

Help Center

Sell Your 3D Content

Affiliate Program

Documentation Center

Open Source

Consent Preferences

JOIN DAZ

Memberships

Blog

About Us

Press

Careers

Bridges

Community

In the Studio

Gallery

Forum

DAZ STORE

Shop

Freebies

Published Artists

Licensing Agreement | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | EULA

© 2026 Daz Productions Inc. All Rights Reserved.