-
Metadata update failed
Same here. Every time I log into DAZ Studio I get the following status bar message:
Metadata update failed: 1 items succeeded, 2 items failed.
This has been going on for quite some time, ever since I tried using DAZ Central to be precise. Not sure if it has anything to do with that though... But I uninstalled DAZ Central after installing only two products with it, and went back to DAZ Install Manager.
I can't even tell which products are the issue because they are just files with numbers and a .json extension that are producing the errors.
Is there some way to figure out which products are causing this issue?
Stuck on Upgrading CMSI redownloaded it and opened it through Daz Central, yes.
Stuck on Upgrading CMSSo that was using Daz Central?
Carrara not in DAZ Central? Just stick with DIM?I saw mention of Carrara in the FAQ when I first saw DAZ Central... just FYI - Haven't tried it yet but I'm going to
Downloader manager is gone then?I know my paths are right and have not touched either app since each was last updated by Daz. DIM flat is not working. I have orders that will not download.
Do they not appear in DIM, or do they fail to download?
I am not installing Central till it is close to functional which it clearly isn't.
They do not appear in DIM at all. They do appear in my orders. It doesn't matter whether I manually open DIM or use the DL link on my orders page. I'm just glad its a bunch of freebies and not stuff I need for my VN.
Downloader manager is gone then?I know my paths are right and have not touched either app since each was last updated by Daz. DIM flat is not working. I have orders that will not download.
Do they not appear in DIM, or do they fail to download?
I am not installing Central till it is close to functional which it clearly isn't.
Ok... What DOES work?/data/cloud/ is used when you install with DS itself (Daz Connect), the folder containg the data folder is the Daz Connect data directory. Neither DIM not Daz Central will place anything there (unless you manually set that as a path).
Downloader manager is gone then?I know my paths are right and have not touched either app since each was last updated by Daz. DIM flat is not working. I have orders that will not download.
I am not installing Central till it is close to functional which it clearly isn't.
Can you combine products from two different email accounts?I have a request in now because when I tried downloading Central and opening it ...I now have nothing at all "installed" under either account. But it doesn't matter....I just dumped the whole shebang and everything related to it. Perhaps sometime when I have hours and hours with nothing to do I'll try reinstalling some stuff. Maybe they'll work some bugs out in version 5.
Ok... What DOES work?Hi Choronzon,
I have also had troubles with DAZ Central and then DIM as well. I already had a long password but changed it anyway since DIM was not saving my path settings properly? Still the same problems with DIM with gettings things to install where I want them. Perhaps log onto DAZ first with the new password then try opening DIM and see if that helps. Also make sure you can log onto the DAZ website user account with new password. There may be a bit of a time delay but it would certainly want you syncing with all aspects I presume. Hope that is some help.
Ok... What DOES work?DIM seems to install content into C:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library on my PC
If I install it the Smart Content tab then it installs into C:\Users\user name\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Daz Connect Library\Cloud
There was a recent update that you were supposed to update your password to at least 7 characters... did you do this?
I continue to use DIM though I've had a couple of products now that it didn't install properly. In those instances I uninstalled via DIM then installed them via the Smart Content tab in Daz Studio and they worked. Personally I'm waiting until all of the kinks are worked out of Daz Central.
Error Message when Loading G8F CharactersIf you are loading a base figure, you have a morph installed that was updated for G8 (manually), and a reference to G3 was not changed
This happens even when I load a G8 figure without morphs.
There was a product that did that, I thought it had been updated - check DIM/Smart Content for updates, depending on your instalaltion method.
If you recently installed Daz Central it may have changed some of your settings. Look in Daz Studio Edit_Preferences_Content_Content Directory Manager. Click the + sign on each of the content sets and make sure they are pointing to the directory where your daz resources are. You may need to look in DIM also to make sure everything is going where you expect it to be going.
This is a fresh install after I had to re-image my computer. When I re-installed Daz, I pointed my library to a large secondary drive instead of the primary drive. Everything looks how I expect it to. I attached DIM settings, maybe you can see something I missed.
Thanks.
Error Message when Loading G8F CharactersIf you recently installed Daz Central it may have changed some of your settings. Look in Daz Studio Edit_Preferences_Content_Content Directory Manager. Click the + sign on each of the content sets and make sure they are pointing to the directory where your daz resources are. You may need to look in DIM also to make sure everything is going where you expect it to be going.
Downloader manager is gone then?I downloaded and ran Central to see what it did. Apparently it uninstalled every single thing I had already installed and been using.
Daz Install Manager (DIM) 1.4.0.94, Now Available! (*UPDATED*)Is DAZ Central using the same type of Manifest files for installed content as DIM? If, are they shared if you use both (if that's possible)?
In theory yes. I have both and installed and they share what is and isn't installed. At least during beta, now centrals wants me to update to use and i'm not inclined to test my luck again. While i had no issues (i don't use default paths, btw), lots of people shared horror stories with this. I prefer DIM in every aspect except visuals. But visuals can be deceiving. Also search is good in central, but i need that level of good inside DAZ, no in an outside app.
OK, thanks. Yes, though I haven't tried DAZ Central I probably never will, DIM works great for me, and I write my own tools for whatever else I feel I need.
Hear, hear! Why replace what isn't broke? And why upgrade if the main inconvenience(s), like using an external app, aren't what's corrected?
Genesis 3 starter essentials?https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/415586/complete-uninstall-and-reinstall-required-help-please
I trust you are aware that each gender has its own installation files.
If installed with DIM (or Daz Central, II assume) - instaleld through DS there's only the one product for each generation.
That's interesting. Obviously I'm installing manually ;-)
[Released] Character Converter from Genesis 3 Female to Genesis 8 Female(Now Conv JCMs) [Commercial]I think it's this new "DAZ Central" thing. I recently upgraded to it and found that morphs I had before installation of DC, afterwards weren't there. It was very noticeable on Genesis 8 starter stuff. I had to go back and manually install (after downloading the zip from my product page) for the starter pack morphs to work again. It was weird when you go to raise the eyebrow of your Genesis 8 Female, only to discover that the morph didn't appear in the parameters panel. Not exactly sure as to why DC did that.
Huh. I have not tried it yet as I don't like to mix install methods. Thanks for sharing.
[Released] Character Converter from Genesis 3 Female to Genesis 8 Female(Now Conv JCMs) [Commercial]I think it's this new "DAZ Central" thing. I recently upgraded to it and found that morphs I had before installation of DC, afterwards weren't there. It was very noticeable on Genesis 8 starter stuff. I had to go back and manually install (after downloading the zip from my product page) for the starter pack morphs to work again. It was weird when you go to raise the eyebrow of your Genesis 8 Female, only to discover that the morph didn't appear in the parameters panel. Not exactly sure as to why DC did that.
Genesis 3 starter essentials?https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/415586/complete-uninstall-and-reinstall-required-help-please
I trust you are aware that each gender has its own installation files.
If installed with DIM (or Daz Central, II assume) - instaleld through DS there's only the one product for each generation.
Complete uninstall and reinstall required - help please!!I'm not installing Central. I told you that DIM allows you to uninstall Daz Studio so should Central.
Sorry, I misunderstood. I've checked Daz Central and there is no option to uninstall that I can see.
Then put in a support ticket. I'm pretty sure its there.








