-
Morphs from G3 to G8
The corrected file has been added to original post.
It won't fix the issues you're having, Redz. It was a particular problem with the script returning NaN for some expression values which wouldn't let them load.
To trouble shoot the morphs it doesn't transfer, you can do this.
Open the script IDE tab, and file > Open the script. Follow the directions for use, but at 3. Run the script, instead of double clicking the Icon, go to the Script IDE tab and press Execute. Should be in the top right.
There are bunch of diagnostic print statements in the script, so when running in the IDE it should spell out a little of what it is doing in the bottom pane. If you could copy the output and paste (I think you can select the output like any text, but you have to right click to copy. Ctrl+C doesn't work) it here, I might be able to figure out what's up.
I'm not sure Star 2 is recoverable. Way back when in this thread we got some notice of "bent" arms with the anime type characters. I've noticed that this is a real thing that happens with thoe super waif arms. With Star, my guess is it is that plus her JCMs that is causing this to happen.
My suggested fix would be, if you think it is down to the transfer and not the JCM, get the label of Star's body morph and do a transfer of Star's body shape using one of Obj export methods. Name the file with the label of the body morph. Morph Loader that shape as normal, but shet Overwrite existing to Delta's only. This will give the body morph a different set of deltas but keep the ERC. If that fixes it, save the morph. If it doesn't fix it, close studio and try removing the Collar/arms down JCMs from the transfered Star and see if that works on reload. Though, I have to admit, I don't expect either method to reall do the trick.
P.S. I don't understand half of what it's doing and I wrote it :). Partly that down to the documentation for the script API and partly it's down my own stupidity. I just guessed what some functions do and kept messing with them until I got output I could use.Fantasy Fastgrab - No discount on DA Unicornthe mane forlock and part fo right mane is under the horn.
tried making an opacity map, but multiple bits of the mane is using the same section on the alpha mask.
stuck now. horn doesn't look right with mane stuck under it.
Haven't looked closer at it but maybe the mane could parted using a morph?
Growing Up for Genesis 8 (Commercial)Any idea pn release date yet Zevo? thanks for your great producs BTW ,
I have been trying to use the Gen3 growing up morphs transferred to gen8 but they dont transfer very well. issues around the arms and shoulders.
what does default mean in transfer utility?worked great. Thanks again.
options, opened up a whole new world of transfer goodness.
Morphs from G3 to G8IT'S DONE!
No, actally it isn't. But it works. Props to mork for doing a lot of the heavy lifting so I didn't have to.
What am I talking about? Well, way up thread I said I had a method for transfering Morphs with their ERC intact. Which I did... Do. You know what I mean. I also said it was too dangerous to be released into the wild. New-queue-lar levels of dangerous. I figured if I could work out a way to automate some or all of the process, then actually do that automation, I'd release that.
Well, I did it.
Let's talk limitations first.
This software is so Alpha it's slightly Omega. Use at your own risk. It probably can't break anything, but they said the same about the RMS Titanic.
Fingernails. Toenails. It won't do them. The geometry was too darned messy for me to work out how to reliably handle them, so I skipped it entirely. The nails will, instead, follow the nailbeds. As a result they should be free of distortion and well shaped, but they may not match exactly, and any special nail morphs won't transfer. However, the script doesn't know about this limit, so if a nail morph file is included in the process, it will process it. The results of that should be, effectivelly, an empty morph, but a possibility for error exists.
The script is not interactive. No UI, no notification. I don't know how to do that stuff. This is my first Daz Script. (I don't think small, unfortnately.) If I do a later release, I may add something, but my main goal has always been just getting it to work.
It almost certainly won't handle Connect products. Right now it tries to write back to the same library it is working in. I mean to fix that at some point, after which it might be able to work with Connect.
It will also probably fail if you have more than one library, if the source morph is not in your base library. Again, something I mean to fix, but I only have the one library, and don't feel like making a new one atm. It wasn't necessary to reach "it works." This is not trivial. To make it easy to use, I wanted to be sure to use the Studio UI to find morphs, rather than requiring the user to find them. But because of a quirk in the way morphs can be saved, so morphs own themselves, and don't seem to report their file location. So I had to hack around to make it work. Hacking the hackery to distinguish between Connect and non Connect makes me cry.
As a result of this hackery, some files may not trasfer at all, ever. Basically, because they own themselves, and report their names generically, they may have the same "label," as far as the script method is concerned, as another file or files. This means the script will always find one of them and never find the others. I can't think of a way around that, right now. I did work around the most common way this happens by having the script first ask for the file's location and only hack around when it doesn't get an answer, but I don't have enough products, frankly, to test all the possible failure modes.
I pretty much didn't document it at all.
It reads compressed and uncompressed files but only writes uncompressed.
Did I meantion no UI. Because no UI. At all. It seems to take about 9 seconds, on average to run one morph. This would be about 4 to 7 minutes for an average character, and about double that for a typical Morph pack. During this time, Studio will be busy. Make a sammich or something. Call your mom, if you have one. These numbers are based on 50 to 100 morphs and my slow laptop, so your values will vary. But don't go forcequiting because something like 200 Plus is taking a long time. that's twice the size of any test I've run.
The script is attempting almost 24,000 operations per file. Mind you, when working with a file where most of those ops are invalid (most expressions, for ex) it will run much, much faster. But morphs tend to run slow.How to Use
- Load Genesis 3 Female. Make sure it is selected.
- Find one (1 and only 1) Morph from the set you wish to transfer and mark it as favorite. (if you mark more, the script will only work with first one it finds, which may not be the one you want).
- Run the script
- Studio will lock up, and you will get the wait manipulator. It's thinking. Remember, 9 seconds per morph file. Ish
- Studio will become responsive. This means it's finished. It may have errored out, but it's finished.
- Load Genesis 8 Female. Find your morphs
- Report any misbehavior to this thread.
- Enjoy
There's no ERC freezing, there's no trying to fix transfer related distortions (although the eyes might be slightly small, that related to the fact that G8's eyesballs are closed meshes and G3's are not). There's, in fact, nothing more to do. Once the Script finishes successfully, the figure will be fully set up, and all the links between the files will be maintained.
This is true even with respect to files that link to other products, irrespective of whether you have transfered those other products. The script doesn't "tranfer" as much as it translates. All of the commands built into the G3 files are present in the resultant G8 files. This means it transfer whimsically misspelled name for Victoria 7, then transfer Victoria 7 later, the first product will be connected to V7 (after you reload the figure, if it is open).
Good night, and good luck.So far the script seems to be working a dream on all of the '7' characters. It's hit or miss with the other characters I own. Many characters won't transfer at all, regardless of which morph I favourite, nor will some morph sets such as growing up or ageing morphs. It's working great with some extreme morphs like toon generations, but Star 2 ports over with dinted armpits. For the '7' characters alone this is a huge time saver. I'm very pleased. I'm not quite sure I follow about why certain morphs won't transfer, but that's my lack of understanding of the coding I should think. :) Thanks again
Morphs from G3 to G8I'm working with Genesis 3 Female. This is my MyG3Clone_G8F with the head polys hidden. The eyes already have problems. Did I do something wrong already? Does your clone look like this? This is the clone I've been using fairly successfully, so now I'm confused again. Do I need to start over and make a new clone?
My clone does look like this as well (the weird polys you are seing around the eyes are, in fact, the eye socket not the eye itself. normally they'd be part of the head face group, but that gets altered by the transfer utility this doesnt have any effect on the actual mesh itself, thankfully, merely how it looks when we hide parts)
Re-reading through Redz' tutorial The ideal time to do my step is just before
Important - Save your scene with a name you will
remember so that you will not have to perform the transfer again.
hi j cade,
I much appreciate your efforts to help out, but I'm afraid I don't interpret as well as barbult, so an even more specific, dummy-proof translation is needed.
When you said "select the two center loops around the eye," your attached pic did not clarify which loops were selected - are they perpendicular (X,Y,Z) or a parallel pair along a single axis? Looking at your screen capture I couldn't discern which lines you chose.
When you said "Make sure you get both layers of the eye," which exact parts are you describing - I see in Daz available eye-part options being Cornea, EyeMoisture, Irises, Pupils, and Sclera. (Ignoring EyeSocket until anybody resolves whether that solves the Josie etc. issues)
The Geometry Tool Settings Panel's Vertex Page shows a column listing a total Count # of how many should result in # Participants and # References for both Eyes (L+R) but your Rigidity Group guidelines never included that specifity (Total # each) to ensure we're following your method successfully.
If you can add that extra layer of detail to your existing instructions, it would be a huge assistance to those of us who are slower and thick-headed lol.
Thanks so much!
Geograft: Does Anyone Recognize These Artifacts?So I installed it real quick, then loaded up a Gen2male in Studio. Added the horns, tail, legs/lower torso, but not the 'wearable' which I have no idea what that is but it seems to put in a fully formed minotaur over the top of the G2male. I selected the mat and put it on him, so I had what looked like a very strange looking G2Male with the lower body and horns of the minotaur (and the tail in the back). Saved as obj, brought it back into studio, ran the transfer utility, saved out as a prop/figure asset.
That looks spectacular! So you loaded a plain G2M and applied the geografts, rather than loading the Minotaur character, then did the morphs later. I'll give that a whirl tonight!
Glute and Breast Control Genesis 8 (Commercial)@schiling_c12a573716 "Where is the documentation on how to use these products?"
They are parameter dials as for any other morph. Usage is pretty straightforward: select the character, go to the Parameters>Actor then the specific part you want
Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 9Jakiblue's Top Picks for July 2017
Razor ONE Hair for G3F - I LOVE LOVE this hair! Great trans options for the scalp and I like to turn off limits for the top hair and make it swing down even further. Render 01
Eva 7 - I've really grown to love Eva 7. My obsession with Olympia 7 means I haven't used her much but every time I do, I surprise myself with how awesome she is. Render 01
Bridget Hair - I'm a sucker for hair and AprilYSH never disappoints. The long braids on this are awesome and move really easily, plus she's included a shaping morph that has the braids rolled up around the ears. Versatility! Render 01
Bad Girl Textures for Super Bodysuit - wow!! these textures for the super bodysuit for G3F are AWESOME! Render 01
How do you save 2 morphs on 1 slider?We can use "key" type ERC to change morphs (paramter value), and link with controller.
1. . in parameter tab, go to edit mode, make new empty property , then name it . (in my pic I name it as testHeadController) , it will be controller which change another morphs value.
2 select the controller, r-click >show in property hieralchy.
3, keep property hieralchy open, (currently it show the new controller which you made), then return ds parameter tab, serch morphs which you want to link. now assume "moprh1" and "Morph2" (I use 2 product morphs, PHMAlienScalp, and FHMBat for genesis2M,)
4, select Morph1, then drug it to the property hieralchy pane, under controller1>sub-component>1st stage.
6 now you see, morph1 are located as Sub-component>1st Stage section, of your controller.
7 extract morph1, >attributes, you may find "save with" and "Type" . when you click them, you can set value from drop down menu.
set "Save with" as "Controller (which you made)", set Type as "ERC[keyed}"
8 when you set type as ERC[keyed]. you can add and set keys which can controll morph value. (as same as animation timeline)
9, plan how morph animation work,, I plan to make keys like that.
(controller value; morph1 value) = [(-1; 1), (0; 0), (1; 0)] then animation curve need to change as "Linea" we need not smooth transition .
10 add 3 keys, as we planed then set key and values. left side values are , controller value, right side values are morph (sub component) values.
11 so now , when controlelr value = -1, morph1 value should be 1, controller value =0, mmorph1 value should be 0, controller value =1, morph1 value keep 0.
12 use same techinic about morph 2. drug and drop as same as morph 1, under controller1>sub-component>1st stage.
13 set ERC type, and set save with as same as above. (must set save as controller, then it discribe formula in controller, not modify original morphs when you save them)
14, add 3keys for morp2. but this time, it shoud be [(-1 ;0) , (0 ;0), (1; 1)]
15 test your controller, and confirm morph work as you designed.
16 save your new controller, by save as new morph. then when you load the figure (base figure) , it can load this controller.
How do you save 2 morphs on 1 slider?No, the -100%/+100% are not different morphs. What you do is that you change the limits of the morph.
I don't know how you can merge two actual morphs in one slider.
Morphs from G3 to G8I'm working with Genesis 3 Female. This is my MyG3Clone_G8F with the head polys hidden. The eyes already have problems. Did I do something wrong already? Does your clone look like this? This is the clone I've been using fairly successfully, so now I'm confused again. Do I need to start over and make a new clone?
That's about what I'd expect.
Hell, my clone is probably similar owing to the fact that I only rationalized the eyes, and didn't touch the mouth.
Studio kind of guesses which vertex maps to which when you do any of these methods. This causes a problem with the eyes and mouth because there are lot of vetexes really close together. One way to see how this goes wrong is to export both figures to an external editor and try to shrinkwrap one's teeth to the other's. Even eliminating all other issues that could interfere, and carefully lining the teeth up to match, the result is a mess. Partly because the shapes are slightly different, but also because the verts are so close together.
I've probably solved this issue, but it's not a perfect solution, and it's not implemented. I consider it solved because there was only one technical issue that I didn't know if it could be done, and I did most of that this morning. There's still one more thing to do but I can't think of how to test it without building a working model. I probably wouldn't admit that much, but I'm a bit loopy, have have an absolutely horrid couple of weeks, and the expression converter written by mork is basically the same concept I need to emply to transfer morphs. I just needed a vertex by vertex mapping of G8 to G3, which I have. If my guess about how vertex deltas actually work is correct, then it's all over but the tedious bit.
Sorry, loopy. I really am. There was point and I lost it for a sec. The point being, the only way I'm pretty sure to get a completely distortion free transfer ... actually doesn't exist. But that's because of fingernails. G3's finger and toe nails are separate meshes. G8's are modifications of G3's nailbeds. Oddly, what Clones and TU do very well in handling nail morphs, direct mapping is exceptionally hard, so for sanity, I mapped G8's nails to G3's nailbed. The result should be for most shapes that G8's nails will be appropriate for the shape of her digits, but it means my method can't transfer nail shapes at all. There's zero correspondence. The deltas are going to be lost, or rendered ineefective, (depending on which is most stable). Anything other than direct mapping will result in distortions (like the slight to annoying distortions about the shoulders and arms with some methods). There's very little you can do for the eyes without basically ripping the model appart. (which, by the way, is what I did for my transfer clone, and what I did to create the vertex mapping. Otherwise, the verts are too close and the same problems would crop up.)IT'S DONE!
No, actally it isn't. But it works. Props to mork for doing a lot of the heavy lifting so I didn't have to.
What am I talking about? Well, way up thread I said I had a method for transfering Morphs with their ERC intact. Which I did... Do. You know what I mean. I also said it was too dangerous to be released into the wild. New-queue-lar levels of dangerous. I figured if I could work out a way to automate some or all of the process, then actually do that automation, I'd release that.
Well, I did it.
Let's talk limitations first.
This software is so Alpha it's slightly Omega. Use at your own risk. It probably can't break anything, but they said the same about the RMS Titanic.
Fingernails. Toenails. It won't do them. The geometry was too darned messy for me to work out how to reliably handle them, so I skipped it entirely. The nails will, instead, follow the nailbeds. As a result they should be free of distortion and well shaped, but they may not match exactly, and any special nail morphs won't transfer. However, the script doesn't know about this limit, so if a nail morph file is included in the process, it will process it. The results of that should be, effectivelly, an empty morph, but a possibility for error exists.
The script is not interactive. No UI, no notification. I don't know how to do that stuff. This is my first Daz Script. (I don't think small, unfortnately.) If I do a later release, I may add something, but my main goal has always been just getting it to work.
It almost certainly won't handle Connect products. Right now it tries to write back to the same library it is working in. I mean to fix that at some point, after which it might be able to work with Connect.
It will also probably fail if you have more than one library, if the source morph is not in your base library. Again, something I mean to fix, but I only have the one library, and don't feel like making a new one atm. It wasn't necessary to reach "it works." This is not trivial. To make it easy to use, I wanted to be sure to use the Studio UI to find morphs, rather than requiring the user to find them. But because of a quirk in the way morphs can be saved, so morphs own themselves, and don't seem to report their file location. So I had to hack around to make it work. Hacking the hackery to distinguish between Connect and non Connect makes me cry.
As a result of this hackery, some files may not trasfer at all, ever. Basically, because they own themselves, and report their names generically, they may have the same "label," as far as the script method is concerned, as another file or files. This means the script will always find one of them and never find the others. I can't think of a way around that, right now. I did work around the most common way this happens by having the script first ask for the file's location and only hack around when it doesn't get an answer, but I don't have enough products, frankly, to test all the possible failure modes.
I pretty much didn't document it at all.
It reads compressed and uncompressed files but only writes uncompressed.
Did I meantion no UI. Because no UI. At all. It seems to take about 9 seconds, on average to run one morph. This would be about 4 to 7 minutes for an average character, and about double that for a typical Morph pack. During this time, Studio will be busy. Make a sammich or something. Call your mom, if you have one. These numbers are based on 50 to 100 morphs and my slow laptop, so your values will vary. But don't go forcequiting because something like 200 Plus is taking a long time. that's twice the size of any test I've run.
The script is attempting almost 24,000 operations per file. Mind you, when working with a file where most of those ops are invalid (most expressions, for ex) it will run much, much faster. But morphs tend to run slow.How to Use
- Load Genesis 3 Female. Make sure it is selected.
- Find one (1 and only 1) Morph from the set you wish to transfer and mark it as favorite. (if you mark more, the script will only work with first one it finds, which may not be the one you want).
- Run the script
- Studio will lock up, and you will get the wait manipulator. It's thinking. Remember, 9 seconds per morph file. Ish
- Studio will become responsive. This means it's finished. It may have errored out, but it's finished.
- Load Genesis 8 Female. Find your morphs
- Report any misbehavior to this thread.
- Enjoy
There's no ERC freezing, there's no trying to fix transfer related distortions (although the eyes might be slightly small, that related to the fact that G8's eyesballs are closed meshes and G3's are not). There's, in fact, nothing more to do. Once the Script finishes successfully, the figure will be fully set up, and all the links between the files will be maintained.
This is true even with respect to files that link to other products, irrespective of whether you have transfered those other products. The script doesn't "tranfer" as much as it translates. All of the commands built into the G3 files are present in the resultant G8 files. This means it transfer whimsically misspelled name for Victoria 7, then transfer Victoria 7 later, the first product will be connected to V7 (after you reload the figure, if it is open).
Good night, and good luck.Pretty sure they said that at the Titanic launch. :) Probably good night too, but with no feeling of finality.
Appreciate the hard work.
Genesis 8 Male seems to be on his way...>On the upside though even if they release g8m we still might have time before releasing michael 8, wasn't g2m released a while before Michael 6?<
The difference in release time between the Genesis base and the first named character morph (Victoria and/or Michael) can be counted in hours. And typically on the fingers of one hand. So sure if you want to be technical, the base is released first. I wouldn't call that an effective "a while" though.
Geograft: Does Anyone Recognize These Artifacts?Yes, the Minotaur is a morphed G2M, so maybe what I need to look into next is how to remove the morphs before exporting. Thanks for checking out my screenshots!
I just realized I own the Minotaur (got it during those bundle sales a long time ago, actually I think I picked up the bundle it was in to get a fantasy scene and some clothing as I didn't have any particular use of the Minotaur, and figured it couldn't hurt to have it around.
So I installed it real quick, then loaded up a Gen2male in Studio. Added the horns, tail, legs/lower torso, but not the 'wearable' which I have no idea what that is but it seems to put in a fully formed minotaur over the top of the G2male. I selected the mat and put it on him, so I had what looked like a very strange looking G2Male with the lower body and horns of the minotaur (and the tail in the back). Saved as obj, brought it back into studio, ran the transfer utility, saved out as a prop/figure asset.
Imported into Carrara, loaded up a Gen2male and dialed up the minotaur body and head, then made it invisble, fit my 'clothing' version of the minotaur onto it and boom, minotaur looking sweet, no texture problems I could find anywhere. There was one thing, which is that the Gen2male, even with the minotaur body dialed in, still has normal legs where the bones bend so the shin goes backward instead of forward, so might need to fiddle with the contraints to remove them so the leg bends in the other direction, but for a quick test, seems to work pretty well.
Back in Studio I tried to save out a morph on the original G2male minotaur that was built with geografting and then put it nto my clothing object, but got error message that there were not matching numbers of vertices, so I think I missed a step there where I need to remove some verts to make it match or something (the V5 genital on genesis1 was my first successful test of this and I did it by mistake, so I may have missed something I fiddled with the first time around), so needs a bit more fiddling to figure out, but overall is working fine for a first test, just got to figure out that morph thing or what I'm doing wrong there. But I'm late for bed...
Morphs from G3 to G8I've found an error where the final morph will be unusable if it is an expression containing both mouth open and mouth open wide. Another of those bits where I forgot the function was originally expecting a capturing group, so the result is NaN.
Will have fix up sometime Tuesday.The Doctor Appreciation threadI don't see any DW related goodies yet, but ShadowHawk's DA page is here...
http://shadowhawkone.deviantart.com/
Sincerely,
Bill
Sorry all I got busy and brain farted, They have all been posted now.
Here is my DA homepage. http://shadowhawkone.deviantart.com
Looks like your link caught an embedded space and thus sent people to an error page. (I've edited it in the "quote".
I grabbed the Matt Smith morph but have not yet installed it (I'm at work). I'm not sure what I'll get because the thumbnail .png reveals a face with "hawkish" features leaning towards Capaldi. I'll gladly accept either incarnation, but I thought you'd like to know about the "oddity".
Sincerely,
Bill
Thanks Refern, I have edited the link to work correctly, you are correct on his features they are a little hawkish, I can't remember what skin I used but a skin will take some of the sharpness out of the features.
New Iray Worlds product, Massive World Creation in Daz Studio [Commercial]Iray Worlds-Plus READ ME
First of all Iray Worlds-Plus is a standalone program, you do not have to buy extra morphs, plants, trees or anything else.
All the images used to advertise this product were entirely created with "Iray Worlds-Plus" and no extra programs or textures
were used.
That said if you own or buy the original Iray Worlds Skydome and/or Iray SkyDome Super PAK then you will have access
to a lot more water sky and ground textures.
In other words Iray Worlds-Plus is a new World Program that is still backwards compatible with the two main earlier Iray Worlds
programs and thats mainly for textures.Iray Worlds-Plus is not a small program by any means, but its very easy to use and its basically a click and set program.
It also includes many pre made scenes (Images show these scenes) however its designed so you can create your own ultra realistic
scenes complete with sun postions, color, range and a variety of light emitting Skies, a variety of ground covers, many types
of plants, ultra realistic grass plus a large variety of trees and much more.SETUP
Install "IIray Worlds-Plus" as directed by your installation setup.
Open Daz Studio, Go to "My DAZ 3D Library" or "My Library", then navigate to Environments/Magix-101/Iray-Worlds/Iray Worlds-Plus.
You will see Main Directory with 6 default scenes, plus 3 scaling pose setups:-DEFAULT SCENES
These are very simple and easy to understand, the 1st is empty and the others have different types of trees, skies etc..added
These are either beginning scenes, or scenes to build on. Simply click on it and there is your scene.SCALE
Note:- "Iray Worlds-Plus" is much smaller than the original "Iray Worlds SkyDome" for a number of reasons, just one being its
impossible to cover a large area like the original Iray Worlds with 3d modeled grass and postion scene trees and so on.But if you want to scale it up to the size of the original for some reason then select the IR-Base and hit the first scale icon
"4 Plus SkyDome to Legacy" and that will bring it up to the original size.
Note:- If you do this, make sure you use the 1st empty Iray worlds-Plus icon called "1 SkyDome-Def" and then scale it.
Dont scale it with trees and ground cover in, it will cause the trees and everything else to scale too..."The land of the Giants!!"Note:- If you have a scene setup already with trees etc in it and decide to scale it, then unparent the extras like plants, trees
etc...and just scale the Base, Dome, Skylight and Sun, then it should work fine.
Mostly tho, you wont need to do that.RENDER RATIOS
Below the Scale icons are 3 Render Setups, all of these are set up for Iray but mainly change the ratio of the view.
The 3 that are provided are the most common for most types of rendering.You will note that in the Iray Worlds-Plus Parent Directory there are 12 sub folders.
we will give a brief explanation of what they are for below.1 IR Scenes
This folder contains 6 preset scenes, these are fully developed scenes that can be used.
They are different than the 6 default scenes that are the main directory in that they are far more developed.
So the ones in the main directory are more like a starting point, and these scenes are like a finished scene that
you could add a house, castle, people to etc...
And of course you can build your own scenes from scratch as well.2 Add IR-Lights
This folder has 2 basic lights that are invisible, these can be used to light parts of the scene.
Several of them can be loaded into the scene, so you can have multiple Sphere Lights and Tube Lights as well.
The Sphere lights are quite large, so if you need to they can be scaled down, the tube lights are much smaller
and can be used for lighting the side of a tree for example.
These lights can also be made visible and invisible by selecting the light and double clicking on the last two icons.
You can change the color by selecting the light and going to Surfaces/Emission/Emission Color.2 IR Trees Single
This folder contains 7 Trees that are 2D/3D, that is they are not totally flat, but have a modeled irregular surface.
This gives a very realistic appearance without using too many polygons in the scene.
These trees were originally designed some time back and they have been re designed and set up for Iray Worlds-Plus.
They are best used placed slightly in the background, not totally up front, the 3D trees are used in the foreground.2 IR-Tree Clusters
This folder contains 2 sets of the same type of trees, but in large clusters, you can use these to fill your scene with
trees very quickly. Again these are best used in the background or a mid part of the scene.3 IR Trees-3d
This folder contains nine trees that can be used in the foreground, some of these icons contain a group of trees, for
example the Palms contain 6 palms in a group, you can delete the ones you dont want and use whatever fits the scene the best.
In this IR Trees-3d folder some trees are more detailed than others and if you want real close ups its possibly best to use
the highly detailed ones. The most detailed are the "1 Mn-Tree, 2 BC-Trees, 7 WW-Tree-Dense, 9 Cyprus-Trees" but any of the
Trees in this folder can be used for close ups if you wish.4 IR-Ground Cover
This folder contains 13 types of ground cover including grass, plants, weeds, rocks etc...
Basically add these to your scene and place them where you wish.
Only one item needs some explanation, the Grass Cycle needs to be understood.
Basically its a circular multilayered and multi UV'd geometry, when you first put it in a scene, it wont look like much.To understand how to use it first look at the pre created scenes in the "1 IR Scenes" folder.
But to further explain ..select the "IR-Grass-Cycle" then select "Parameters" and go to "Morphs" you will then see 15 morphs
These morphs can make the grass look great from almost any camera angle, the main rule is keep your camera low, but thats a
given anyway, if its too high you will not really need grass from an artistic point of view.
If you dont know what morphs to use, go to the "Morphs-SetGrass" in the "5 IR Grass-MATS" folder and this will give you a set
of morphs that should make the grass look very realistic.5 IR Grass-MATS
This folder contains 9 grass MATS and one multi morph setup icon we just spoke about.
First select the "IR-Grass-Cycle" and apply the any one of the MATS for a different grass appearance, and you can apply that
"Morphs-SetGrass" icon at the bottom for a good set of morphs applied all at once to make the grass look ultra realistic.
Or you can manually tweak the morphs as well.6 IR Sky Emission
This folder contains 6 Sky Luminance MATS from Bright to dark,and 5 Skylight Luminance MATS as well, remember the Sky as well
as the Sun throws out light, the Sky is a type of secondary light and affects the scene depending on the type of sky used,
so this is just like in the real world.
These MATS command the sky to throw out a lot of light or not much light, generally when the sky throws out a lot of light it
will look very bright and almost dark when its throwing out very little light.If you want to know how much light the sky throws out simply load the "1 SkyDome-Def" Scene and turn of the "IR-Skylight and the
IR-Sun" you will see that the scene is still fairly well light, thats the sky doing that.
Now go back to the "6 IR Sky Emission" folder and apply the 6th icon to the sky "6-SkyDome-0 [Dark]" the scene will now be dark.
You can also experiment by leaving the default sky dark and now turn on the sun, you will now see what the sun light does,
of course that changes according to the suns emission color and position, the point here is to understand how all these different
main light sources affect your scene.Now finally in that default scene leave the sky dark, and also turn off the Skylight and Sun...your scene should be dark.
Now turn on the Skylight and hit the Seventh Icon "7-SkyLight-2Mil [Bright]" you will now see how much the Skylight affects the
scene as well, now go to Emission and change the skylights Emission Color to a bright color, maybe a blue or green, you will now
see that the whole scene takes on that color just by using the Skylight.and if you dont need to use it simply disable it or go to
the 11th icon and that will make the skylight dark again.By doing these experiments you will understand how "Iray Worlds-Plus" harnesses the power of Iray in so many different ways to create
endless possibilities of lighting from ultra realistic to high fantasy.
Light is singularly the most important factor in making a 3d scene look special, bad lighting creates a very flat looking 2d/3d image
with not a lot of character whereas good lighting can make a fairly ordinary scene look great.6 IR Sky MATS
This folder contains 9 different Skies and variations, simply select the "IR-Skydome" and apply one of them for a different sky.
If you already have the "Iray SkyDome" and/or "Super PAK1" you can access to even more skies to apply to the "Iray SkyDome".
They are completely compatible.7 IR Sun-Positions
This folder contains 25 different Sun positions, simply select the IR-Sun and apply one of these sun position presets and the sun
will move to that position accordingly.
You will quickly see how it affects the light and shadows in your scene.8 IR-Sun Emission+Color
This folder contains 27 files that can change the suns brightness (Luminance), Color and Visibility
So first select the IR-Sun and at the very top there are 2 Icons to either make the sun visible or invisible
(it wont affect the light the Sun throws out) there are also 2 sets of Luminance Icons, standard ones up the top and more extreme
ones at the bottom of the folder, there are also icons that change the suns color to further affect the scenes appearance.9 IR-Adjusted MATS
If you dont have the original "Iray SkyDome" and/or the "Super PAK 1" you can ignore this folder, because it wont work.
If you do have those products intalled then this folder contains 2 folders for Ground and Water textures to be applied to the IR-Base,
these tile the textures that are in the original "Iray SkyDome, Super PAK 1" differently so they are completely compatible with
the new Iray Worlds-Plus setup.Now one final thing that needs to be explained.... Select IR-Base, then select Parameters, then select Horizon-Morphs.
You will now see 15 morphs for controlling the Horizons (there are now 5 Horizons).
The biggest changes in this new Iray Worlds-Plus is
1.Its smaller, but can easily be scaled to the original size.
2.It contains a Skylight for more control over the overall lighting in the scene.
3. It has more Horizons. There is a very good reason for all these additions, they are very powerful going forward.
But right now the 5 horizons are not really in use, I have set it up so it operates like the original 2 Horizon "Iray-SkyDome".
However if you play with these morphs you will get an idea of what they can do going forward.NOTE: If you experience any kind of computer slowdown when setting up using this product then switch the main preview window to
"Texture Shaded" while you are moving things around and then back to "Nvidia Iray" to check it from time to time until you render it.
Ok thats it for explaining how it all works, its very simple actually.
Just read this explanation a bit and experiment a bit and you will be creating great scenes in no time.
Happy Rendering
Magix-101
[Released] LAMH2Iray Catalyzer: 1.8 update available [Commercial]I honestly just want to be able to render animation using the renderman curves in 3Delight it simply does not sync to do that.
I can already export the hair as fibers or obj so this really adds nothing new just makes it one click for some.
At present for animation I rig the exported mesh with the Transfer Utility but that is pretty fraught with issues.
I would prefer to just render the renderman curves in 3delight with an alpha background to post composite into other animations.
Geograft: Does Anyone Recognize These Artifacts?Jonstark: I have no idea and was planning on asking that question at some point; I have this 'eyestalks woman' morph in mind, and it'd be nice if I could do 'bend up/down' rather than having twice as many morphs. I THINK it might be done as a morph that actually controls/moves two other morphs, but ... not sure how to do that.
I appreciate the answer, I guess we'll just have to ask in a Studio forum or the Commons to find out. It must be possible because while those morphs with sliders in both directions are that common, there are a lot of them, and not all are from daz, other content creators are able to make them too. I'd rather cut down on the number of sliders if I can, but it isn't a big deal really. I was struggling to figure out how to set a morph ona specific body part, because it wants to put all my morphs into the top level of my obj, and then I realized 'why the heck would I want to separate them into the various body parts, am I insane?" because for the longest time it's irked me when I have to go hunting through body parts to find the morph I want, searching the top level, actor, head, chest, etc etc. Much better to have them all on the top level so that I can easily click on the top level and find anything I want there. It's just a matter of organizing them into subgroupings which make sense (which I did figure out how to do, in that when you have loaded the morph into morph loader pro but before applying it, click on the little arrow to the left of the morph obj name and it shows some fields down below, one of the fields is called 'Property Group' and in there you can set the morph to be in its own little subgroup, so for example I might put a pout expression under the section of expressions, so that when I want to find all my potential expressions for my character I can dial in, I simply click on the 'root' thingie in the parameters tab and select 'expressions' and it will filter out all the other morphs except for the morphs I've designated as 'expressions', for example.
Geograft: Does Anyone Recognize These Artifacts?@Jonstark, would you mind looking at these screenshots to see if I have messed up your process? I've tried several times and fooled around with the export and import settings, but so far it seems the hooves may still be hosing me up. The mesh from the .OBJ is initially almost perfect: incorrect texturing of the eyes is the only obvious sign that I loaded the .OBJ on top of the original. But then when I run the Transfer Utility, the mesh moves up about a head-height, then the fitting process distorts it madly. I think morphs that create the minotaur's shape are double-applied to the .OBJ mesh.
The Before and After shots in images 1 and 5 look a little weird because (a) I removed the horns, since they aren't really geografts and I was afraid they were the cause of the problems, and (b) I'm using the flesh-colored Asterion skin, and even without genitalia it could seem too much like nudity for this forum, so I switched my viewport to Lit Wireframe mode in order to display the mesh.
Wait, isn't the Minotaur just a morph for Genesis2male? I don't want to lead anyone down the primrose path here, because like I said I haven't done anything to test the minotaur, but to be clear and make a direct correlation I wasn't putting the V5 genital on V5, I started with Genesis1 in its absolute base state, added the geograft, and nothing else when I did the first export to obj. The parallel would be Genesis2Male in it's base state with geografts for whatever geograft parts are added for the minotaur (guessing horns and hooves) and nothing else, you would add the morphs to go to the minotaur shape later, but geografts would be added to the base Genesis2male and exported as obj at that point and then re-imported.
As for the screenshots, the obj export looks exactly like I had it set, I didn't pay as much attention to the obj import (pretty much I think left everything at whatever the defaults were) and for the transfer utility I didn't even click on the drop down for advanced options, literally just used the 2 buttons at the top for source and target without changing anything else, so I think it all looks right.













