-
Let's appreciate/discuss today's new releases - ongoing thread
Laurita said:
Which is particularly annoying when you search for knit shaders and these won't show up. I agree that they are nice.
Hylas said:
https://www.daz3d.com/fc2c-woven-fabric-ms-shaders
99% of folks won't care, but I happen to be a professional in this specific industry so it buggs me to no end... none of the "woven" fabrics in this shader pack are woven! They are all knitted. Completely different technique, different machines, different yarns, different processing, different everything.

The shaders do look good though.
Thanks for pointing this out, I hadn't even thought about this. Will sort them accordingly in my own shader library. But yes, they do look amazing!
Let's appreciate/discuss today's new releases - ongoing threadWhich is particularly annoying when you search for knit shaders and these won't show up. I agree that they are nice.
Hylas said:
https://www.daz3d.com/fc2c-woven-fabric-ms-shaders
99% of folks won't care, but I happen to be a professional in this specific industry so it buggs me to no end... none of the "woven" fabrics in this shader pack are woven! They are all knitted. Completely different technique, different machines, different yarns, different processing, different everything.

The shaders do look good though.
Render your buys! Use buys from the current month and the previous month of salesSapphireBlue said:
Cross-posting from the DAZ+ forum. Used two of my lovely new buys this month: Stonemason's Jungle Crossing and RawArt's Dryanna.
Dryanna's Butterflies

Beautiful!
What is the difference between Base MAT and Full MAT with Horror Elves skin set?Always check the File List info. on product wiki before buying if you have such a need of the materials of genital elements: http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/92261/file_list
If you search the key word: genital but find nothing, it means the product gives no mat. of this genital elements. Furthermore, I saw no info. on the product page saying it includes materials / texture maps of genital elements...
And, for instance, if you check the file list of Victoria 9: http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/87472/file_list, you'll see there're genitalia materials.
We got a medieval marketplace in the store; what else? (+ forest environment?)Indeed, the search field can provide some odd results. For instance, I've never seen Through the woods! But now that I can read the description, I can understand why. The author is not really talkative, but his products look really good! Thank you for pointed me out those packs!
I might try Ultrascenery later; I've read a lot of stuff on that topic, like it's pretty hard to use, crash a lot of time, so... yeah.
Render your buys! Use buys from the current month and the previous month of salesCross-posting from the DAZ+ forum. Used two of my lovely new buys this month: Stonemason's Jungle Crossing and RawArt's Dryanna.
Dryanna's Butterflies
DAZ, Where's My Metadata?! (Answered Though not Solved)Elor said:
memcneil70 said:
The best metadata tutorial I found that managed to get through to my brain was by SloshWerks, https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=FQQ9uLhMSKQ. It is older and if you search on the web for 'how to install metadata in DAZ3d' you can come up with a variety of other offerings, some newer that I haven't looked at. They might be more relevant for you now.
I just watched it, and that video is exactly what I needed to understand how to do it

For now, I'll likely only change metadata to get all foot poses to appear in the Default/Poses/By Function/Fits category when I have a figure selected (some are either not linked to the category or doesn't have the base figure among their compatibilities or both of course) because it's, right now, one of the most useful feature of Smart Content when I'm looking for a base pose for a figure, a base pose that's very likely to mess their feet poses and make a mess of their shoes.
So, again, thank you very much for sharing it

@Elor, you are most welcome. SloshWerks not only had some of the best products, but he provided this great tutorial for free and saved my crazy, over-organized brain. I hope others will review it and pass it on as well.
Mary
We got a medieval marketplace in the store; what else? (+ forest environment?)The store has a keyword search at the top right-hand side of the menu bar. You can search by keyword there but the results can be a bit odd sometimes. Your best bet is to use Google - search for 'daz3d.com keyword' as that can pull in things that are slightly more oblique and related rather than just a keyword match as you say.
For a forest environment I would consider Ultrascenery - https://www.daz3d.com/ultrascenery--realistic-landscape-system - to be the most versatile and realistic product Daz sells. You can make much, much more with it than just forests but there is a bit of a learning curve to it. Plenty of add-ons means you can tweak it just how you want it. It has a companion product - https://www.daz3d.com/ultrasceneryxt--expansive-landscape-system - for filling in the backgrounds of any scene.
(Edited to add: The forum thread for Ultrascenery is here - https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/380431/ultrascenery-commercial/p1 . It's 100 pages long at this point (!) but if you flick through it you'll see what other folks have managed to do with it and there's a handy reference of add-ons etc. on the first page.)
If you're new and just want a load-and-forget forest scene there are a lot of excellent sets available. Rather than a massive list I'll give you two of my favourites:
https://www.daz3d.com/bluebell-wood
https://www.daz3d.com/through-the-woods
Whilst you're looking at Through the Woods, click on the author's name (Stonemason) to go to his store page. You will find a lot of medieval/fantasy products there, both built-up and rural, and his reputation for quality is second-to-none. There is not a single thing he makes I would not hesitate to recommend.
Is there a setting to hide products with Editorial License?I never want to mistakenly purchase or use a product with Editorial License. I looked around for a setting to hide them by default, but I don't see it.
I know I can hide them individually, but I don't see a way to search for them that way.
Also it seems that products can get changed to Editorial after they have been listed - which is a huge problem!
I have seen Star Trek and Game of Thrones, so I wondered how DAZ was selling those things and found the Editorial License, but there are lots of TV shows and movies and whatever that I don't know about and might just think that a product looks nice / interesting and not immediately think to look for the Editorial License notice.
I shouldn't have to scroll down to see it, It should be next to the Buy button! It should show up in the cart next to the item, and next to payment button in the cart.
Is there a way to never see products with Editorial License in the store ?
Is there a way to see products I have purchased that have an Editorial License?
Is there a way to get an immediate notification when a product I have purchased has had it's licence changed to Editorial?
Thanks!DAZ, Where's My Metadata?! (Answered Though not Solved)memcneil70 said:
The best metadata tutorial I found that managed to get through to my brain was by SloshWerks, https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=FQQ9uLhMSKQ. It is older and if you search on the web for 'how to install metadata in DAZ3d' you can come up with a variety of other offerings, some newer that I haven't looked at. They might be more relevant for you now.
I just watched it, and that video is exactly what I needed to understand how to do it

For now, I'll likely only change metadata to get all foot poses to appear in the Default/Poses/By Function/Fits category when I have a figure selected (some are either not linked to the category or doesn't have the base figure among their compatibilities or both of course) because it's, right now, one of the most useful feature of Smart Content when I'm looking for a base pose for a figure, a base pose that's very likely to mess their feet poses and make a mess of their shoes.
So, again, thank you very much for sharing it
"Now Selling At Daz"ColinFrench said:
3DLoki said:
I can say for myself, I did not want to move my entire store over because I was not sure if everything would sell here, being my Rendo store is all G3 and G8 figures. So I selected 26 of my products and the 5 I did with Ennushka to bring over here.
So if you don't mind me asking, why now?
Was it a change on the Rendo side that allowed you to make the switch? Or an incentive offered by Daz? If you can't talk about these things for whatever reason, I understand, I'm just curious.
While I'm not under any NDA there, I'm going to respect the forum rules here and not go slinging mud and just say...
It was multiple changes at Rendo since October that I personally felt (along with others) were wrong that made me come over here, and I'm thankful to the staff and admins for giving me the chance to come here, and to all the awesome PA's I've met and gotten help from and learned from so far, and i hope to create and provide my models to you all to create great projects with them!
Loki
Announcing: Daz Deals Browser Add-on IIAti said:
PerttiA said:
PerttiA said:
Charlie Judge said:
Ati said:
PerttiA said:
Noticed yesterday that the price history, gallery and forum links were no longer working on W10 Business+Chrome (124.0.6367.60)+DazDeals 4.1.0 (free version)
Nothing changed on our end, as far as I know. Anyone else notice this?
They are still working for me in the pro version.
Ok, I need to dig deeper...
Are these problems happening due to settings in my browser or something else?
Overdrawn says the issue is likely caused by the line above the one you circled.
Thanks for looking.
I'll continue checking next week as this is my work rig and I'm heading home in three hours for the weekend.
At home everything works on W7+Yandex (Opera)
Announcing: Daz Deals Browser Add-on IIPerttiA said:
PerttiA said:
Charlie Judge said:
Ati said:
PerttiA said:
Noticed yesterday that the price history, gallery and forum links were no longer working on W10 Business+Chrome (124.0.6367.60)+DazDeals 4.1.0 (free version)
Nothing changed on our end, as far as I know. Anyone else notice this?
They are still working for me in the pro version.
Ok, I need to dig deeper...
Are these problems happening due to settings in my browser or something else?
Overdrawn says the issue is likely caused by the line above the one you circled.
The amount of new PAs coming here is a very welcome sight!Torquinox said:
Those are things that can be checked on Rendo site - Their vendor selling agreement is published online for new vendors. I looked. Nothing in there for exclusive vendors. Vendor ranking determines the split. The doc is dated 12/1/2023.
I assume that's probably supposed to be read as 1st December 2023 (inconsistent date formats - grrr).
Which would add up. Although a lot of these vendors have worked with Daz previously, the first thing I recall from any of them recently was Lilflame releasing a product here on 17th Jan 2024 - https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-campus-casuals-for-genesis-9 - and then it is going to take a long time to get a backlog of thousands of products entered and ready for download.
(The store is a bit muddled about the order of all of these vendors' products, but using the PoserContent search, as far as I can tell, LilFlame's name was last on a product on Daz in 2017: https://www.daz3d.com/fwsa-erynn-hd-for-victoria-8-and-lf-erynn-lingerie)So I'd say that if it were to do with contract changes, you would indeed expect them to have been around late 2023.
The amount of new PAs coming here is a very welcome sight!@Pancake You've been around here long enough to know that salacious details are not shared on the forum - Against TOS. And maybe nothing happened. The new PAs aren't actually new to Daz - They've mostly already participated on Daz projects. They have moved items over here and still have stores over there. Not all their items moved. Maybe those who moved items will no longer release new work over there. That remains to be seen. If I were to guess, I would go by what I've seen/done as a customer. I've seen Rendo sales and policies get stingier over time, and my interest in spending money there has waned to the point that I've spent $3.64 there this year and $31.34 last year. Those numbers are quite a lot less than I used to spend, and I have transferred that spending to other stores. And overall, my spending is up. I think the folks who moved here did the math and maybe factored in their own needs to do the work they want to do with G9. And now, here they are getting a nice promo push for their official "arrivals."
The amount of new PAs coming here is a very welcome sight!I can't take it any more, if we're not allowed to talk about it openly on the forum for whatever reason, can someone *PLEASE* DM me with the drama that's causing a rendo exodus people keep alluding to?
I'm dying to know what happened. ☕☕☕
Look up items according to the period they were made possible?Look up items according to the period they were made possible?
If I want to search through products that were done before Iray came about is there a way to search fopr that specifically?
Creating a database to track Daz content and/or just using the tools inside Daz betterechristopherclark said:
Wow, loving all of this sharing. Thanks, everyone. Regarding keywords, @jjoyner, is there a way to back those up in case you ever have to move to a new machine or whatnot?
Yes, there is. As a hobbyist/dabbler, I try not to venture too far into topics that get technically heavy very fast unless, I really, really have to. According to @crosswind in September 2023 in the thread, Is there a trick to searching smart content? (https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/8346366/#Comment_8346366),
- In cms database, there's a table - 'Keyword' storing all 'keywords' generated from the content items (from products or user-defined tags) and another table - 'ContentKeyword' storing the links of 'keywords' to the corresponding user-facing *.duf file(s).
Just above her post, Richard Haseltine provides a link to the dated but still sometimes helpful Daz Documentation Center page for the Tags Page which discusses keywords.
A few years ago, I got into the strict habit of backing up several key folders weekly in the event of something strange and/or disastrous happening regarding Daz Studio. On Sundays, I make backup copies of
- Daz Studio AppData on my internal C: drive at C:\Users\josep\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D . Among other things, this folder contains a folder named cms which should contain all of the cms database information and another folder named Studio4 which contains files with the information about my Daz Studio layout, custom actions, menus, toolbars and more.
- DIM manifest files on my internal D: drive at D:\Public\Documents\DAZ 3D\Install Manager\Manifest Files
- My Library on my internal D: drive at D:\josep\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library
- Runtime Support on my external K: drive at K:\My DAZ 3D Library - Elements SE E\Runtime\Support.
I have had to use some of these and other backup files to recover from unexpected situations in Daz Studio.
Most recently was last month when I dropped my main Daz Studio content portable drive that contained all of my Daz Studio (and Poser) content. Fortunately, I kept another portable drive as identical to the main content drive as possible so that I was able to recover quickly without having to reinstall all of my content. I had missed backing up a very few assets on the backup drive, but it was easy to only have to reinstall those few items and not thousands. I had to change the drive path in all of my DIM manifest files so that DIM would see the installations, but that was accomplished in one afternoon using the powerful search and replace feature of Notepad++ (free at https://notepad-plus-plus.org).
Can you identify what hair is this?Halcon Bluesky said:
Hey I went to the product page, it happens I got it already!
I will try to fit that hair to that character.
Also I am in the lookout to see if I can buy something that not break my budget otherwise I will be in tears because I have a wishlist and I need some of the items for personal projects.
(you can imagine, my relatives ask me the impossible, I am not a whiz)
Thanks for your assistance, until next time!
Oh, yeah ? That's nice ! Then just try it. Well, I haven't bought anything for a while as the store is in a mess recently. You may check the threads in Common sub-forum...
Therefore focusing on your personal projects for the time being might be a wise choice, IMHO.
Jagged light terminals on fabricTerminator effect is, I think, the term - if you search for that there are suggestions for easing it. It isn't just an Iray or DS issue.













