• Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3D Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
    • Game Ready
  • Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions
  • Download Studio
  • Menu
  • Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3d Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
  • Community
    • Our Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

Loading...
Daz 3D Forums > Search
  • Seeking Guidance on Creating Custom 'Cyber Arms' Outfit for Genesis Model

    If replacing the body part, yes, the geo-graft should be way that you go for. Check the basic tutorial from Josh Darling - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_O8qL_BIQxY as well the ones from Sickleyield - https://www.youtube.com/@SickleYield/videos You can also find some good tuts if you search "Daz geo-graft" on youtube.

    For hiding the underlying arms, just use the standard function of "Set Graft Faces for Attachment..." in DS. Check the above tutorial.

    For rigging, check - https://youtu.be/Zm-QCFKowCw?si=MUVnjAqe1MbA93kG

    There's no completely end-to-end tutorial of making complex geo-grafts on the youtube, there're a couple of tutorial products in the store but not so up-to-date... A couple of tools and techniques will be used but in general, the primary workflow is as below:

    - Cut and export partial body part of Genesis figure with Base Resolution. Retop and model / sculpt in Blender, export to OBJ.
    - Import OBJ into DS, rig it onto Geneisis figure with Transfer Utility. Set Graft Faces for Attachment... Save the figure asset.
    - Create custom bones as needed with Joint Editor then go for rigging as well as tweaking the weight map.
    - Create morphs as needed with Blender / DS.
    - Texturize the grafts in Blender or Substance Painter and configure the mat. presets in DS.
    - Save the figure assets as well as all needed presets.
    - Final test.

    By

    crosswind crosswind April 2024 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • NFA - You need an age flag for this product because of preview image

    Every image outside of the last two are marked as mature content, so what's the problem ?

    (You may want to remove the picture you linked with your last message: mod team said the rules around nudity for the forum and the gallery are still the same).

    By

    Elor Elor April 2024 in The Commons
  • GENERAL FREEBIE REQUESTS part 3

    richardandtracy said:

    Just trying to think how this would have worked. Was it one prop or two? Basically trying to think of the number of morphs that might be needed. Also, what were the basic dimensions you are looking for? Unless otherwise specified I'd probably go for two props. One straight, one curved. Straight 100cm long, tube diameter 20cm. Curved might be more difficult. May have to be rigged and weight mapped. Would be an interesting learning experience. Regards, Richard.

     

    Forgot to look here again as I thought this thread is not in use but remember now again.  My old age is making me forget things even if I need it.

     

    Richard, the parts you see in my renders are all of it from set, downloaded way back at Sketchup Warehouse but forgot the name of set as it wasn't called tubes. I export it as obj and could scale it to fit. The balls not as it was done with Bryce.  But this renders was done more than +- 10 years ago.  I have the Bryce files stored somewhere on a DVD but it's way too much to go through to search.  The thing is I can't model and to start learn at 68 is a bit too much as I forget too quick.  I don't know your age but I am quite tired to concentrate with my Hypercalcemia illness too.  I am a pensioner and get freebies currently due to my financial state of not working.

     

    If it's possible to make such tubes it will be great and appreciative.  Just ordinary tubes which can be used as plastic, steel, glass or any type of texture. The ends can then fit together kind of.  In my case I want to do my own neon signs by putting all together as with this ice-cream idea in my render.  I have downloaded quite great models by you and what I see is really great and I appreciate it very much. You mention rigging and weight mapping!  Sounds difficult! :)

     

    EDIT: Went through Spacebones gallery, he has cables and curved shapes, frames, rings, symbols, etc. In Bryce format which I can then open in Bryce and export as obj I think.  Only the rings from him is in .exe format.  Have no idea how this works to install.

     

    Kind regards,

    Laura

     

     

     

    By

    launok launok April 2024 in Freebies
  • Let's appreciate/discuss today's new releases - ongoing thread

    FC2C said:

    Richard Haseltine said:

    FC2C said:

    Laurita said:

    Which is particularly annoying when you search for knit shaders and these won't show up. I agree that they are nice. 

    Hylas said:

    https://www.daz3d.com/fc2c-woven-fabric-ms-shaders

    99% of folks won't care, but I happen to be a professional in this specific industry so it buggs me to no end... none of the "woven" fabrics in this shader pack are woven! They are all knitted. Completely different technique, different machines, different yarns, different processing, different everything. cool

    The shaders do look good though.

    Thank you for the kind words! Yeah I had an internal dilemma when naming these haha, I over complicated it and then fumbled the tags as well. People may never find them but I'm glad at least that the people who have seen them seem to like the shaders haha 

    I should think you could ask for the tags to be changed (knit might be a more likely search term than knitted) - possibly the name too, though after the wallpaper they may make a Genesis 9 clone of you and stick virtual pins in its feet (probably not its arms, since they would want you to keep making these materials). I was puzzled by the name, but they are very useful fabric types so they are safely in my cart.

    Hahaha you know about the wallpaper mess up?? Haha I think they'd string me up if I had to change another thing but I really should ask because I royally messed up the tags this time! the only way you can find these is if you search something like "knitted shaders pack" which no one is doing aha XD, thank you for your support!

    @FC2C My biggest disappointment with this shader set is the number of knits that go the "wrong" way. Knit wales run vertically on a garment. Of course the result will depend on the UV of the item the shader is applied to, but when the UV is correctly laid out the way a garment would be cut from fabric, many of the shaders in this pack go 90 degrees wrong. The cable knit is OK, but the rib patterns that I looked at are wrong. I think the purl is wrong, too, but I haven't examined it closely. Now I have to decide whether it is worth it to rotate these with Shader Rotator or whether I should just return the product.

    By

    barbult barbult April 2024 in The Commons
  • OT: Books on Photography Recommendations?

    I also don't have a backgrond in photography but learned a lot from youtube videos on photography and cinematography. I found it quite helpful to find a photographer, cinematographer or even painter you really like as there are probably YT-videos that dive deeper in their style.

    Here are some YT Channels/videos I found particularly helpful:

    StudioBinder, they have excellent videos on a lot of different but relevant topics as lighting, colour temprature, composition, etc. I found it one of the best sources for me.

    Tavis Leaf Glover, focuses a lot on Dynamy Symetry which I myself find a particularly fascinating subject.

    There are loads more you can find with a quick search.

    By

    BlueFingers BlueFingers April 2024 in The Commons
  • Fabiana Appreciation Thread

    Elor said:

    Seeker Stock Art said:

    Do you know of a good tutorial anywhere on that?

    If you're still looking for one, quoting @memcneil70 from another recent thread about metadata:

    memcneil70 said:

    The best metadata tutorial I found that managed to get through to my brain was by SloshWerks, https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=FQQ9uLhMSKQ. It is older and if you search on the web for 'how to install metadata in DAZ3d' you can come up with a variety of other offerings, some newer that I haven't looked at. They might be more relevant for you now.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=FQQ9uLhMSKQ

    Thank you @Elor! Appreciate it.

    By

    Seeker Stock Art Seeker Stock Art April 2024 in The Commons
  • OT: Books on Photography Recommendations?

    "The Book of Movie Photography" published in 1979 by David Cheshire. 

    It is pre video,  pre digital,  it is shooting on 16mm film stock that you would need to develop through kodak.  And yet, it will help you learn about lighting, composition, storytelling, editing, there is even film theory in there.

    As I did a quick search to check if it was available on Amazon,  one of the first search results is Internet Archive . org  if you want to have a look at the content.

     

    By

    FirstBastion FirstBastion April 2024 in The Commons
  • Daz AI Studio Discussions

    There are forum threads dedicated to showing images and the prompts that help make them,  and any member here can sign in a try DAZAI for free.  It is very straight forward to use.

    https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/681011/show-us-your-daz-ai-studio-images

     

    By

    FirstBastion FirstBastion April 2024 in The Commons
  • Has anyone made or found GI Joe: Destro Mask for G8M?

    ZippyGuitar said:

    https://www.deviantart.com/6and6/art/Animated-Shape-Mask-545392810

    This is a freebie on Deviantart. It loads as a prop for Genesis 2 Male, but I'm sure that can be easily adjusted. The mask design is built into the model, it's not a texture. (see my image) It's more for Batman, Bane, etc, but if you're good at Blender, you could probably export this out and smooth it and save it as a Prop.

    edit: Oops, I forgot Destro had lips, etc. So the mask would probably not be satifactory to you. But, a quick search on CGTrader produced some possible results you may or may not be interested in.

    Hi ZippyGuitar and Thanks for your input, and yes he is missing a lips but I will find something to use for Like Cobra B.A.T. or something 

    Heck, I might even use these mask as Cobra Crisome Guards if possible. Thx

    By

    crazytrek_07b5415266 crazytrek_07b5415266 April 2024 in The Commons
  • Has anyone made or found GI Joe: Destro Mask for G8M?

    felis said:

    When looking for something, it might be a good idea to include a pictur, so people know what you are looking for.

    Also if it can be interpreted in different ways.

    Based on a search I assume it is something like this

    But do you want it as an actual mask, i.e. will not follow if the character does any expressions. Then it would be a prop, that might need scaling, dependent on which character you will use it on.

    If you want it as a figure, i.e. conforming to the character, it will look differently on different characters.

    Hi  Felis, Good Questions and haven't thought of that but I think it would be having a Mask prop without expression. To be honest I could never understand how the mask can do expression or talk when you are wearing hard mask.

    So I am actually looking for a Prop mask of GI Joe Destro for G8M.

    By

    crazytrek_07b5415266 crazytrek_07b5415266 April 2024 in The Commons
  • Issues with RSSY Ultimate Clothing Fixer G9

    johnbuckeridge said:

    Richard Haseltine said:

    Do you have any nested content directories? If you open the log (Help>Troubleshooting>View Log File) and search for nest you should be able to check.

    I'll check, of course, but what is a nested content directory?  Some kind of sub-folder? 

    Yes, having one folder set as a content diectory within another folder set as a content directory.

    By

    Richard Haseltine Richard Haseltine April 2024 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • Issues with RSSY Ultimate Clothing Fixer G9

    Richard Haseltine said:

    Do you have any nested content directories? If you open the log (Help>Troubleshooting>View Log File) and search for nest you should be able to check.

    I'll check, of course, but what is a nested content directory?  Some kind of sub-folder? 

    By

    johnbuckeridge johnbuckeridge April 2024 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • Issues with RSSY Ultimate Clothing Fixer G9

    Do you have any nested content directories? If you open the log (Help>Troubleshooting>View Log File) and search for nest you should be able to check.

    By

    Richard Haseltine Richard Haseltine April 2024 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • are yoo a thread killer?

    WendyLuvsCatz said:

    she still shows as a member so have to assume still on this earth

    not wioshing to be a downer, but I think she had at least one or two additonal years by purchasing discounted memberships in sales, and as long as there was money in the payment method the auto-renewal would work anyway.

    but I am worried how she is since her last post she was going to hospital for her heart issues

    I sincerely hope she is just deciding not to frequent the forum etc

    would prefer that to the alternative

    Mc Gyver I know is Adsense Adverse and as you see from my sigline I don't blame him, my browsers holding them at bay for now but I too will be off if AdBlocking fails me

    By

    Richard Haseltine Richard Haseltine April 2024 in The Commons
  • Has anyone made or found GI Joe: Destro Mask for G8M?

    https://www.deviantart.com/6and6/art/Animated-Shape-Mask-545392810

    This is a freebie on Deviantart. It loads as a prop for Genesis 2 Male, but I'm sure that can be easily adjusted. The mask design is built into the model, it's not a texture. (see my image) It's more for Batman, Bane, etc, but if you're good at Blender, you could probably export this out and smooth it and save it as a Prop.

    edit: Oops, I forgot Destro had lips, etc. So the mask would probably not be satifactory to you. But, a quick search on CGTrader produced some possible results you may or may not be interested in.

    By

    TykeyStudios TykeyStudios April 2024 in The Commons
  • Has anyone made or found GI Joe: Destro Mask for G8M?

    When looking for something, it might be a good idea to include a pictur, so people know what you are looking for.

    Also if it can be interpreted in different ways.

    Based on a search I assume it is something like this

    But do you want it as an actual mask, i.e. will not follow if the character does any expressions. Then it would be a prop, that might need scaling, dependent on which character you will use it on.

    If you want it as a figure, i.e. conforming to the character, it will look differently on different characters.

    By

    felis felis April 2024 in The Commons
  • GENERAL FREEBIE REQUESTS part 3

    Oh my word!  I see this thread was used in March last.  I hope it's still active.

     

    Where can I now ask for freebies as put it up in Freebies forum it will be say its not a place to request freebies, only offering freebies?

    By

    launok launok April 2024 in Freebies
  • are yoo a thread killer?

    she still shows as a member so have to assume still on this earth but I am worried how she is since her last post she was going to hospital for her heart issues

    I sincerely hope she is just deciding not to frequent the forum etc

    would prefer that to the alternative

    Mc Gyver I know is Adsense Adverse and as you see from my sigline I don't blame him, my browsers holding them at bay for now but I too will be off if AdBlocking fails me

    By

    WendyLuvsCatz WendyLuvsCatz April 2024 in The Commons
  • Fabiana Appreciation Thread

    Seeker Stock Art said:

    Do you know of a good tutorial anywhere on that?

    If you're still looking for one, quoting @memcneil70 from another recent thread about metadata:

    memcneil70 said:

    The best metadata tutorial I found that managed to get through to my brain was by SloshWerks, https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=FQQ9uLhMSKQ. It is older and if you search on the web for 'how to install metadata in DAZ3d' you can come up with a variety of other offerings, some newer that I haven't looked at. They might be more relevant for you now.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=FQQ9uLhMSKQ

    By

    Elor Elor April 2024 in The Commons
  • Let's appreciate/discuss today's new releases - ongoing thread

    Richard Haseltine said:

    FC2C said:

    Laurita said:

    Which is particularly annoying when you search for knit shaders and these won't show up. I agree that they are nice. 

    Hylas said:

    https://www.daz3d.com/fc2c-woven-fabric-ms-shaders

    99% of folks won't care, but I happen to be a professional in this specific industry so it buggs me to no end... none of the "woven" fabrics in this shader pack are woven! They are all knitted. Completely different technique, different machines, different yarns, different processing, different everything. cool

    The shaders do look good though.

    Thank you for the kind words! Yeah I had an internal dilemma when naming these haha, I over complicated it and then fumbled the tags as well. People may never find them but I'm glad at least that the people who have seen them seem to like the shaders haha 

    I should think you could ask for the tags to be changed (knit might be a more likely search term than knitted) - possibly the name too, though after the wallpaper they may make a Genesis 9 clone of you and stick virtual pins in its feet (probably not its arms, since they would want you to keep making these materials). I was puzzled by the name, but they are very useful fabric types so they are safely in my cart.

    Hahaha you know about the wallpaper mess up?? Haha I think they'd string me up if I had to change another thing but I really should ask because I royally messed up the tags this time! the only way you can find these is if you search something like "knitted shaders pack" which no one is doing aha XD, thank you for your support!

    By

    FC2C FC2C April 2024 in The Commons
Previous Next
Adding to Cart…

Daz 3D is part of Tafi

Connect

DAZ Productions, Inc.
7533 S Center View Ct #4664
West Jordan, UT 84084

HELP

Contact Us

Tutorials

Help Center

Sell Your 3D Content

Affiliate Program

Documentation Center

Open Source

Consent Preferences

JOIN DAZ

Memberships

Blog

About Us

Press

Careers

Bridges

Community

In the Studio

Gallery

Forum

DAZ STORE

Shop

Freebies

Published Artists

Licensing Agreement | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | EULA

© 2026 Daz Productions Inc. All Rights Reserved.