• Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3D Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
    • Game Ready
  • Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions
  • Download Studio
  • Menu
  • Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3d Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
  • Community
    • Our Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

Loading...
Daz 3D Forums > Search
  • Llola Lane’s RENDER A MONTH Challenge 2024 (ALL are welcome to join) (CLOSED)

    Oh I can't believe I missed the last couple of months of this challenge?! crying Can't keep track of time and remember to check the different forum sections... The renders are all looking mighty fine. I need to set aside time to look through them more leisurely...

    Okay, TOON/ANIME/MANGA. Let's see if my brain can come up with something this month...

    By

    SapphireBlue SapphireBlue May 2024 in Art Studio
  • Stuck on RSL, should be MDL {was: Lu Hair for G8and8.1F question / FIXED but not sure how :/}

    Good Morning!

    Couple of things to note from your renders and screencaps.

    1. Lu and Xue hairs both load and only come with Iray Materials (MDL)
    2. The hairs in your renders/screencaps appear to have had the Opacity/Transparency maps stripped off of them in addition to the shader being flipped to 3Delight (RSL) this is why you are not getting the soft effect you see in the promo images and artwork.

    Things to check:

    1. Have you redownloaded both hairs and re-installed them recently? The files I just downloaded this morning are working properly and loading the Iray mats
    2. Have you updated the Daz Studio Default Resources they were updated a while ago to add in the Omnishader for Iray and I believe other things may have changed as well.
         You can download them either from your account or via DIM:
             For your account they are listed under "Daz Studio 4.x Pro" as "DefaultResourcesForDAZStudio422"
             Via DIM just type "Default" in the search bar

    By

    Elliandra Elliandra May 2024 in The Commons
  • april 30th at ten pm pst where are my april coupons.

    Shimrian said:

    What tmezone are you in (OPPS, is in the title)?  I think I remember from an old post that coupons use UTC 0 for switch. It should be MT imo, but waiting to spend in the last hour has lead to a bad experience for others on the forum.

    Edit: can't type on tablet... 

     But it shouldn't lead to bad results...  the computer knows what time it is. and I know from experience all deals did at 11:59 and 59 seconds in the cart no matter whether the webpages still show the deals on. 
    ===
    So the rest of the stuff should change at the same time also. the computers can actually slice it a lot closer than a second. 
    Certainly the net can be slow displaying changes .... but showing changes that haven't happened yet is time traveling and I don''t think that happens yet. 

    By

    alan bard newcomer alan bard newcomer May 2024 in The Commons
  • Help on Save and Save As path...

    It sounds like you are half way to success, at least! Please post back about if/how you solve the other preset path issues. I think this will help someone else in the future, who might be searching the forum for discussions about this problem.

    By

    barbult barbult May 2024 in The Commons
  • Announcing: Daz Deals Browser Add-on II

    Charlie Judge said:

    butterflyfish said:

    Is anybody else experiencing Pro features loading extremely slowly and/or not at all? I'm waiting a long time for the price history graph and the forum/gallery links, and sometimes they don't show. My subscription re-upped this morning, so that could be it, too.

    edit: I'm also not seeing the Show Only Wishlist and other extra options on the store pages.

    After your subscription is renewed be sure you go to 'Email Notifications' and resave your email and passcode. That may help with seeing the extra options. 

    Thank you. That seems to have done it. 

    By

    butterflyfish butterflyfish May 2024 in The Commons
  • Announcing: Daz Deals Browser Add-on II

    Ati said:

    paolo_35229750 said:

    One of the issues we have with Daz's product locators is that they use a 'normalised' name instead of the SKU; this means that when a product name changes, bookmarks become invalid and the product hard to locate and purchase when required.

    It is sometimes possible to find the product from a ReadMe using the SKU, this happened with SKU94112; unfortunately, the ReadMe for SKU97310 has the old product URI so the search cannot be automated.

    Thank you. I've replaced the urls and names in our database to reflect the recent change to these products.

    Thanks

    By

    paolo_35229750 paolo_35229750 May 2024 in The Commons
  • Announcing: Daz Deals Browser Add-on II

    paolo_35229750 said:

    One of the issues we have with Daz's product locators is that they use a 'normalised' name instead of the SKU; this means that when a product name changes, bookmarks become invalid and the product hard to locate and purchase when required.

    It is sometimes possible to find the product from a ReadMe using the SKU, this happened with SKU94112; unfortunately, the ReadMe for SKU97310 has the old product URI so the search cannot be automated.

    Thank you. I've replaced the urls and names in our database to reflect the recent change to these products.

    By

    Ati Ati May 2024 in The Commons
  • Is there a way to search in Daz and exclude terms or strings?

    Sometimes I want to see all of the hair in my Daz Studio that's native to G9, and exclude the stuff I've converted from earlier generations. Helpfully, the most recent converter from RSSY includes the affix "(CV)" at the end of all converted products. Is there a way, when searching Daz, to search for everything except those products that contain CV in their name?

    (My backup plan is to use tags on the G9 products and search on key::g9native or similar, but if I can save myself that step, I'd love to.)

    By

    echristopherclark echristopherclark May 2024 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • TX Madison for G9/8/8.1 Premium Bundle : Question

    Nobody in the forum would know.

    You can try to raise a ticket (help-request) to Daz.

    By

    felis felis May 2024 in The Commons
  • april 30th at ten pm pst where are my april coupons.

    What tmezone are you in (OPPS, is in the title)?  I think I remember from an old post that coupons use UTC 0 for switch. It should be MT imo, but waiting to spend in the last hour has lead to a bad experience for others on the forum.

    Edit: can't type on tablet... 

    By

    Shimrian Shimrian May 2024 in The Commons
  • Issues with RSSY Ultimate Clothing Fixer G9

    Richard Haseltine said:

    johnbuckeridge said:

    Richard Haseltine said:

    Do you have any nested content directories? If you open the log (Help>Troubleshooting>View Log File) and search for nest you should be able to check.

    I'll check, of course, but what is a nested content directory?  Some kind of sub-folder? 

    Yes, having one folder set as a content diectory within another folder set as a content directory.

    Hi Richard - I've now accessed the log file - thank you for your clear instructions.  I found 2 references to 'nest', attachements 1&2, and my most recent record of failed attempt to use the product, attachment 3.

    By

    johnbuckeridge johnbuckeridge May 2024 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • Military Outfit in Stonemason's Greenhouse

    lilweep said:

    thats a scan from 3dscanstore

     https://www.3dscanstore.com/discount-packs/marsoc-military-scan-model-bundle?search=Military&description=true

    By

    Stonemason Stonemason May 2024 in The Commons
  • Announcing: Daz Deals Browser Add-on II

    butterflyfish said:

    Is anybody else experiencing Pro features loading extremely slowly and/or not at all? I'm waiting a long time for the price history graph and the forum/gallery links, and sometimes they don't show. My subscription re-upped this morning, so that could be it, too.

    edit: I'm also not seeing the Show Only Wishlist and other extra options on the store pages.

    After your subscription is renewed be sure you go to 'Email Notifications' and resave your email and passcode. That may help with seeing the extra options. 

    By

    Charlie Judge Charlie Judge April 2024 in The Commons
  • ATLAS Armored Suit for Genesis 8 [Commercial]

    geordiesharp said:

    Does anyone have any ideas about helmets to use with the ATLAS SUIT, I have been looking for ages with no success, I was looking for a full head helmet with visor, so it can be used as a breathing aid in dangerous conditions, as I said although there are loads out there, nothing so far compliments the suit and looks like it was ments to be used with it, hopefully someone has some ideas, I just hope the expansions mentioned in this forum land on the site soon.

    I dont think this will be of any help to you. Unless you have been on Daz for a long time.

    But one of the ideas I have been playing is "S A VAP grim-Armor" (1st image)

    Sadly it is nolonger for sale.

    Another that maybe of interest is "Major Cache" Compatible Figures:Michael 3&4 it is still for sale. (2nd image)

    But maybe a lot for just a helmet.

     

    By

    myotherworld myotherworld April 2024 in Daz PA Commercial Products
  • Announcing: Daz Deals Browser Add-on II

    Is anybody else experiencing Pro features loading extremely slowly and/or not at all? I'm waiting a long time for the price history graph and the forum/gallery links, and sometimes they don't show. My subscription re-upped this morning, so that could be it, too.

    edit: I'm also not seeing the Show Only Wishlist and other extra options on the store pages.

    By

    butterflyfish butterflyfish April 2024 in The Commons
  • There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only Pt 2

    thistledownsname said:

    I was super excited by the title of today's sale.  And then super disapointed when the barsoom sale didn't have a new 4-arm geograft for barsoomians.

    That would have been something good - I recall people asking about 4 arms on the forum recently. 

    By

    Torquinox Torquinox April 2024 in The Commons
  • Announcing: Daz Deals Browser Add-on II

    Bad URI in database - would it be possible to update DazDeals database with the correct URI / Product Names for the following?

    Problem Description:

    One of the issues we have with Daz's product locators is that they use a 'normalised' name instead of the SKU; this means that when a product name changes, bookmarks become invalid and the product hard to locate and purchase when required.

    It is sometimes possible to find the product from a ReadMe using the SKU, this happened with SKU94112; unfortunately, the ReadMe for SKU97310 has the old product URI so the search cannot be automated.

    For example (see attached images):

    Product SKU: 94112

      Product name changed
        originally:  FC2C Anaglypta Wallpaper MR Shaders
        currently:  FC2C Aesthetic Wallpaper MR Shaders

      Product URL changed
        originally:  https://www.daz3d.com/fc2c-anaglypta-wallpaper-mr-shaders
        currently:  https://www.daz3d.com/fc2c-aesthetic-wallpaper-mr-shaders

    Product SKU: 97310

      Product name changed
        originally:  FC2C Woven Fabric MS Shaders
        currently:  FC2C Woven Fabric MR Shaders

      Product URL changed
        originally:  https:/www.daz3d.com/fc2c-woven-fabric-ms-shaders
        currently:  https://www.daz3d.com/fc2c-woven-fabric-mr-shaders

    Thank you

    By

    paolo_35229750 paolo_35229750 April 2024 in The Commons
  • Let's appreciate/discuss today's new releases - ongoing thread

    ainm.sloinneadh said:

    FC2C said:

    barbult said:

    FC2C said:

    Richard Haseltine said:

    FC2C said:

    Laurita said:

    Which is particularly annoying when you search for knit shaders and these won't show up. I agree that they are nice. 

    Hylas said:

    https://www.daz3d.com/fc2c-woven-fabric-ms-shaders

    99% of folks won't care, but I happen to be a professional in this specific industry so it buggs me to no end... none of the "woven" fabrics in this shader pack are woven! They are all knitted. Completely different technique, different machines, different yarns, different processing, different everything. cool

    The shaders do look good though.

    Thank you for the kind words! Yeah I had an internal dilemma when naming these haha, I over complicated it and then fumbled the tags as well. People may never find them but I'm glad at least that the people who have seen them seem to like the shaders haha 

    I should think you could ask for the tags to be changed (knit might be a more likely search term than knitted) - possibly the name too, though after the wallpaper they may make a Genesis 9 clone of you and stick virtual pins in its feet (probably not its arms, since they would want you to keep making these materials). I was puzzled by the name, but they are very useful fabric types so they are safely in my cart.

    Hahaha you know about the wallpaper mess up?? Haha I think they'd string me up if I had to change another thing but I really should ask because I royally messed up the tags this time! the only way you can find these is if you search something like "knitted shaders pack" which no one is doing aha XD, thank you for your support!

    @FC2C My biggest disappointment with this shader set is the number of knits that go the "wrong" way. Knit wales run vertically on a garment. Of course the result will depend on the UV of the item the shader is applied to, but when the UV is correctly laid out the way a garment would be cut from fabric, many of the shaders in this pack go 90 degrees wrong. The cable knit is OK, but the rib patterns that I looked at are wrong. I think the purl is wrong, too, but I haven't examined it closely. Now I have to decide whether it is worth it to rotate these with Shader Rotator or whether I should just return the product.

    Hey there , the rotation was something I was wondering how to handle I was speaking with people and coders to find a way to give buyers an easy option to rotate the shaders because I was worried that doubling the entire pack to include rotations for everyone's uses would make it absolutely enormouse, everyone I spoke to about a solution couldn't figure it out. I'd absolutely include 90° rotations in my next packs if everyone thinks that the doubled pack size is preferable to rotating the shader themselves for sure! It's my bad for this one, it was a decision I struggled with and I may have made the wrong choice unfortunately. It's absolutely something I'll fix in future products if everyone finds it to be a big issue, it'll just mean much larger pack size until I find a better solution. I hope I've at least been able to explain why it is the way it is.

    For what it's worth, I think you made the correct decision. They should probably have been rotated by 90° from what I'm reading here, but I don't think there's any need to offer the same shaders at different rotations. It's not your fault that Daz Studio doesn't have a "rotate all materials associated with this surface" button, and starting to clutter hard drives with the same shaders shaders at various rotations will make you more enemies than friends.

    I love all your shaders, btw. The knitted ones, in particular, arrived at the perfect time for a project I'm working on. No others knitted shaders I had could do the job I needed them for (making hair for a rag doll).

    Thank you for the kind words blush I'm glad my shaders were able to help! At the very least I learnt something new today aha I didn't know there was a 'proper' UV layout for clothes. But now that I do I can certainly plan for that in the future laugh and I'm really happy to hear that my shaders are being used in such unique ways! It's always a bit bittersweet when I finish a shader pack, send it out to the world and never really get to see it used on anything aha XD

    By

    FC2C FC2C April 2024 in The Commons
  • Fabiana Appreciation Thread

    Seeker Stock Art said:

    Elor said:

    Seeker Stock Art said:

    Do you know of a good tutorial anywhere on that?

    If you're still looking for one, quoting @memcneil70 from another recent thread about metadata:

    memcneil70 said:

    The best metadata tutorial I found that managed to get through to my brain was by SloshWerks, https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=FQQ9uLhMSKQ. It is older and if you search on the web for 'how to install metadata in DAZ3d' you can come up with a variety of other offerings, some newer that I haven't looked at. They might be more relevant for you now.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=FQQ9uLhMSKQ

    Thank you @Elor! Appreciate it.

    \This is a good start, But it could use an update and I cannot get things that are parts of other things to work. 

    https://www.daz3d.com/bunnylisious-outfit-for-g8f?_gl=1*4q46iy*_up*MQ..&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIqN6T49355AIVjYCfCh0fNA8CEAAYASAAEgJklPD_BwE

    For example, making the cufflinks work with the cuffs.

    By

    dennisgray41 dennisgray41 April 2024 in The Commons
  • Totally lost my enthusiasm

    I don't think there is a way to stop piracy. Search engines could remove those sites from the search, that would help a little, but they are too scared to lose users.

    The only solution as I said is to find a compromise, and I think it's a shame.

    By

    eman eman April 2024 in The Commons
Previous Next
Adding to Cart…

Daz 3D is part of Tafi

Connect

DAZ Productions, Inc.
7533 S Center View Ct #4664
West Jordan, UT 84084

HELP

Contact Us

Tutorials

Help Center

Sell Your 3D Content

Affiliate Program

Documentation Center

Open Source

Consent Preferences

JOIN DAZ

Memberships

Blog

About Us

Press

Careers

Bridges

Community

In the Studio

Gallery

Forum

DAZ STORE

Shop

Freebies

Published Artists

Licensing Agreement | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | EULA

© 2026 Daz Productions Inc. All Rights Reserved.