• Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3D Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
    • Game Ready
  • Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions
  • Download Studio
  • Menu
  • Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3d Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
  • Community
    • Our Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

Loading...
Daz 3D Forums > Search
  • Selbsthilfegruppe DAZ Studio - Beispiele, Fragen, Diskussion und sonstiges Gequatsche

    caravelle said:

    Hallo zusammen! Gerade habe ich das italienische Forum gesehen - so lebendig! Das deutschsprachige dagegen hatte seit fast eineinhalb Jahren keinen Eintrag mehr... Schade! Die italienischsprachige Community hat ihr Forum allerdings pfiffigerweise unter den vielbesuchten 'Commons' platziert, während dieses hier etwas 'versteckt' ist. Frage: Kann und sollte das deutschsprachige Forum in die 'Commons' verlegt werden?

    Ich glaube der Hauptgrund warum hier wenig los ist, ist weil die meisten Deutschsprachler sehr gut im Englischen unterwegs sind, und dann lieber direkt auf Englisch nachfragen

    By

    Linwelly Linwelly May 2024 in The Commons
  • Selbsthilfegruppe DAZ Studio - Beispiele, Fragen, Diskussion und sonstiges Gequatsche

    Hallo zusammen! Gerade habe ich das italienische Forum gesehen - so lebendig! Das deutschsprachige dagegen hatte seit fast eineinhalb Jahren keinen Eintrag mehr... Schade! Die italienischsprachige Community hat ihr Forum allerdings pfiffigerweise unter den vielbesuchten 'Commons' platziert, während dieses hier etwas 'versteckt' ist. Frage: Kann und sollte das deutschsprachige Forum in die 'Commons' verlegt werden?

    By

    caravelle caravelle May 2024 in The Commons
  • how to make pressure on clothes ?

    food.plus13 said:

    Hello everyone smiley

    Do you know how to make pressure on clothes like in the picture below?

    I read on this forum that you have to do a HD morphs but and that it's not accessible to everyone.

    But what's the difference between a normal morph and an HD morph?

    Thanks

     

     

    I did something like that, and you do not necessary need HD-Morphs or displacement maps for it.
    My method is not super accurat, but it works.
    If you have e.g. panty lines, load your character and your panties into Zbrush or Blender (don't know anything about Blender).
    In Zbrush transparancy mode have your character selected and shape those pressure effect into your characters surface right underneath that panty line.
    If both don't perfectly aline move the Panties in shape as well.
    On GoZ give both Items the same morph name and set them in the exact place in each figures parameter list.
    Make sure to save both morph assets.
    Your Panties should follow your pressure morphs now. Don't worry, if you cannot see this morph on the Panties, it is hidden.
    You need to check "show hidden parameters" in your Parameters burger menue.

    By

    Masterstroke Masterstroke May 2024 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • how to make pressure on clothes ?

    felis said:

    food.plus13 said:

    Richard Haseltine said:

    Displacement is an option, but that will not show until render time and is less controllable than a morph. Many modelling applications will let you make a height map (for displacement) from a modified shape.

    Thank you, what do you mean by displacement? What do I have to do? Do you know a tuto?

    Making a displacement is tricky.

    You would have to model it based on a subdivided mesh, and then bake is to a height map referencing the base mesh.

    Here is a video introducing displacement - you can search for others.

    Thank you very much, and if i want to try it with the basic mesh to see how it works, how I could sculpt the swimsuit hollow without knowing where the swimsuit is exactly... What's the trick?  

     
     
     
     
     

    By

    food.plus13 food.plus13 May 2024 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • DS 4.22 - can't find GoZ

    Could you please post links to the different versions of Go z?  When I search for it nothing comes up.

    By

    info_b492a00165 info_b492a00165 May 2024 in The Commons
  • Stuck on RSL, should be MDL {was: Lu Hair for G8and8.1F question / FIXED but not sure how :/}

    Elliandra said:

    Good Morning!

    Couple of things to note from your renders and screencaps.

    1. Lu and Xue hairs both load and only come with Iray Materials (MDL)

    I know :) And my render settings are iray, but somehow my surface settings are stuck on DAZ Studio Default RSL

    2. The hairs in your renders/screencaps appear to have had the Opacity/Transparency maps stripped off of them in addition to the shader being flipped to 3Delight (RSL) this is why you are not getting the soft effect you see in the promo images and artwork.

    How do I remedy the settings? What are they supposed to be?

    Things to check:

    1. Have you redownloaded both hairs and re-installed them recently? The files I just downloaded this morning are working properly and loading the Iray mats

    I'll give that a try. It didn't occur to me because everything is doing it, even primitives and figures.

    2. Have you updated the Daz Studio Default Resources they were updated a while ago to add in the Omnishader for Iray and I believe other things may have changed as well.
         You can download them either from your account or via DIM:
             For your account they are listed under "Daz Studio 4.x Pro" as "DefaultResourcesForDAZStudio422"
             Via DIM just type "Default" in the search bar

    I did. But maybe my custom filing is the problem. But it never was before :(

    By

    WillowRaven WillowRaven May 2024 in The Commons
  • Help Center Issues

    Mod note:

    This thread was originally created by lloyf but we accidentally merged it with the DS beta thread. We have now (touch wood)split it back out correctly, but in the process it has gained a new first post with a later date and may be in a different forum. Out apologies for the mess.

    By

    lloyf lloyf May 2024 in The Commons
  • Celebrity Look-a-Likes for 3D figures Part 4

    I did an image search for Melanie Laurent because I didn't know who she was, and something very unexpected came up in the related search options.

    Yes, that is Adolf Eichmann, executed for crimes against humanity for his pivotal role in organizing the Holocaust.

    By

    Gordig Gordig May 2024 in The Commons
  • how to make pressure on clothes ?

    food.plus13 said:

    Richard Haseltine said:

    Displacement is an option, but that will not show until render time and is less controllable than a morph. Many modelling applications will let you make a height map (for displacement) from a modified shape.

    Thank you, what do you mean by displacement? What do I have to do? Do you know a tuto?

    Making a displacement is tricky.

    You would have to model it based on a subdivided mesh, and then bake is to a height map referencing the base mesh.

    Here is a video introducing displacement - you can search for others.

     

    By

    felis felis May 2024 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • how to make pressure on clothes ?

    Hello everyone smiley

    Do you know how to make pressure on clothes like in the picture below?

    I read on this forum that you have to do a HD morphs but and that it's not accessible to everyone.

    But what's the difference between a normal morph and an HD morph?

    Thanks

     

     

    By

    food.plus13 food.plus13 May 2024 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • how to remove files from Genesis 8 base

    Did you empty Daz Studio cache ?

    It's done by going in the preferences panel (F2 or Edit > Preferences on Windows, CMD+; or Daz Studio > Preferences on a Mac) and on the first tab, you push the two clear buttons, which should remove all cache and temporary files created by Daz.

    If it's still not solving the problem, as far as I remember, Daz doesn't compress the .duf files they are providing, so you should be able to open the .duf file of the base Genesis 8 / 8.1 (male or female depending on the one causing the problem) with a text editor and search inside for the "/data/lululee/Product/001-BA-F-Belt-01/001-Ba-F-Belt-01.dsf" (you're "lucky", because they are no empty space in the path, otherwise, you would need to replace every one of them by %20).

    If there is a link to your file in here, first, I have no idea how it got here and second, I'm not sure what part of the file you need to remove (any mention of that file should have been obtliterated when you uninstalled Genesis 8 Essentials).

    The easiest way to solve it would be to download manually Genesis 8 Essentials (or just look in the repertory used by DIM to keep a backup of any downloaded package). You just need the archive related to the gender causing the problem (or, if it's both, both archives).

    Then you have to search the "Genesis 8 Basic Female.duf"/ "Genesis 8 Basic Male.duf" and "Genesis 8.1 Basic Female.duf"/ "Genesis 8.1 Basic Male.duf" in G8F Starter Essential archive and replace the existing file with the ones from the archive. Once the archive is unzipped, the two files are in "Content/People/Genesis 8 Female"/"Content/People/Genesis 8 Male"

    This link should lead you straight to the download page of Genesis 8 Starter Essentials in your product library:

    https://www.daz3d.com/downloader/customer/files#prod_42071

    If it's not in either of these files, I don't know where too look.

    By

    Elor Elor May 2024 in The Commons
  • ATLAS Armored Suit for Genesis 8 [Commercial]

    Hey Herschel , Thanks for the reply, I look forward to the planned release, I hope it looks as great as ATLAS, as that is my fave sci fi suit, I only asked as I remember in this thread or on the forum somewhere, I think you stated you planned to release new add ons for ATLAS, possibly those were the TEXTURE ADD ONs, you alread released, I do not know.

    Thanks Again.

    By

    geordiesharp geordiesharp May 2024 in Daz PA Commercial Products
  • Gallery Ads/Popups

    MelanieL said:

    By the way, why is my forum page saying "waiting for www.facebook.com" at the  bottom - what has Facebook for to do with it? (I don't use it)

    All those social meedia icons down at the bottom of the page are links to the sites - and a form of trackers.

    By

    namffuak namffuak May 2024 in The Commons
  • Store cookie settings broken

    They are back for me - having been clear since April 19th. Maybe it has a 14-day timer? I was fine till about ten minutes ago, now I get the pop-up on every store, forum and gallery page.

    Chrome browser on Win 11.

    By

    MelanieL MelanieL May 2024 in The Commons
  • Gallery Ads/Popups

    By the way, why is my forum page saying "waiting for www.facebook.com" at the  bottom - what has Facebook for to do with it? (I don't use it)

    By

    MelanieL MelanieL May 2024 in The Commons
  • Has Anyone Made Posters From Renders???

    I plan to do an image of a toddler sized mermaid for my new grand daughters bedroom. My daughter is doing an under the sea theme for her room.

    I have no clue how many pixels I need to save my render out to for the poster dimensions. I do know a higher dpi is good, such as 300.

    Any help in figuring this out would be greatly appreciated.

    I found this on one search... 

    Standard Poster Size The most commonly used sizes for posters are 18” x 24”, 24” x 36” and 27” x 40”. These are the most requested sizes at SLB Printing, Inc. for common posters that print on our wide format latex inkjet printers. By no means is this the complete list of sizes.

    And I found this on another search...

    Print Size vs. Image Size Chart

    PRINT SIZE 100 DPI 300 DPI
    In Inches Image Dimensions in Pixels Image Dimensions in Pixels
    8 x 12 800 x 1200 2400 x 3600
    11 x 14 1100 x 1400 3300 x 4200
    12 x 18 1200 x 1800 3600 x 5400

    By

    Faeryl Womyn Faeryl Womyn May 2024 in The Commons
  • Can't Find Resource Error

    AuroraCaelo said:

    Yes. I see this [attached image 1] and verified it manually by following the file save path. Everything shows in my library saved files with previous downloads. But if I try to access it using DIM (since it doesn't show in a key word search in the Smart Content) to open it directly in Daz Studio it shows an error code [attatched image 2.]

    That is apparntly symptomatic of not having a database entry for the product, possibly because PostgreSQL was not running when it was installed. On potential cause is closing DS and immedaitely opening DIM, which can lead to the shut down signal from DS blocking the start signal from DIM. Try running DIM after DS has closed, or don't close DS at all, then reinstall the product.

    By

    Richard Haseltine Richard Haseltine May 2024 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • Daz Studio BETA - version 4.23.0.4! (*UPDATED*)

    jbowler said:

    nomadraccoon said:

    I simply get downgraded to shaded view each time I change a parameter. have to switch to shaded, back to iray and it renders fine. Latest Nvidia drivers, latest public build. For me it's definitely new, never had this issue on previous beta builds.

    That's the expected behaviour.  It's not "downgraded"; if you look in the viewport view-type dropdown it will still be set to Iray.  That's the initial state before the first iteration has been obtained from Iray but after the geometry has been set up.  Sometimes it can take a long time to get the first iteration sometimes it might never happen if the video card runs out of oomph.  I won't speculate on precisely when the state in the video card is reset and precisely how much, doing so is against the forum rules, however it is worth your while lookinig for errors in the log file and running a separate GPU monitor program.  You may find that some other app has sucked up all the video resources.

    The bug I detected is worse than I thought.  Last night I decluttered the same scene some more by removing more "out-of-view" furnishings; the Iray preview did not change but some of the furnishings I removed were visible!  When I rendered the newly !visible furnishings were missing.  When I swapped between outline-box and Iray modes the ghost stuff did disappear.  I rarely use Iray preview for decluttering; it's normally easier in CPU (texture) mode as I can set the ceiling to not show for interior scenes (this doesn't work in an Iray preview).  Consequently this may be old behaviour that I've only just encountered.

    DS 4.22.1.123, NV GRTX4090 with Studio 552.22 of 4/16/2024 (the latest Studio)

    You didn't get what I meant. It renders. You change a morph parameter during Iray preview, it no longer updates renders. EVER. You can wait 1 hour, it won't update. If you switch back to shaded/texture and back to Iray, it renders back in under 1 second. I also have a 4090, if that makes you feel any better.

    Edit: Instead of updating renders, you simply revert to shaded preview, and if you move the camera around it updates Iray for a few miliseconds then reverts back to shaded. Only way out is to manually move to texture/shaded and back to iray

    By

    nomadraccoon2432804 nomadraccoon2432804 May 2024 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • Can't Find Resource Error

    Yes. I see this [attached image 1] and verified it manually by following the file save path. Everything shows in my library saved files with previous downloads. But if I try to access it using DIM (since it doesn't show in a key word search in the Smart Content) to open it directly in Daz Studio it shows an error code [attatched image 2.]

    By

    AuroraCaelo AuroraCaelo May 2024 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • Daz Studio BETA - version 4.23.0.4! (*UPDATED*)

    nomadraccoon said:

    I simply get downgraded to shaded view each time I change a parameter. have to switch to shaded, back to iray and it renders fine. Latest Nvidia drivers, latest public build. For me it's definitely new, never had this issue on previous beta builds.

    That's the expected behaviour.  It's not "downgraded"; if you look in the viewport view-type dropdown it will still be set to Iray.  That's the initial state before the first iteration has been obtained from Iray but after the geometry has been set up.  Sometimes it can take a long time to get the first iteration sometimes it might never happen if the video card runs out of oomph.  I won't speculate on precisely when the state in the video card is reset and precisely how much, doing so is against the forum rules, however it is worth your while lookinig for errors in the log file and running a separate GPU monitor program.  You may find that some other app has sucked up all the video resources.

    The bug I detected is worse than I thought.  Last night I decluttered the same scene some more by removing more "out-of-view" furnishings; the Iray preview did not change but some of the furnishings I removed were visible!  When I rendered the newly !visible furnishings were missing.  When I swapped between outline-box and Iray modes the ghost stuff did disappear.  I rarely use Iray preview for decluttering; it's normally easier in CPU (texture) mode as I can set the ceiling to not show for interior scenes (this doesn't work in an Iray preview).  Consequently this may be old behaviour that I've only just encountered.

    DS 4.22.1.123, NV GRTX4090 with Studio 552.22 of 4/16/2024 (the latest Studio)

    By

    jbowler jbowler May 2024 in Daz Studio Discussion
Previous Next
Adding to Cart…

Daz 3D is part of Tafi

Connect

DAZ Productions, Inc.
7533 S Center View Ct #4664
West Jordan, UT 84084

HELP

Contact Us

Tutorials

Help Center

Sell Your 3D Content

Affiliate Program

Documentation Center

Open Source

Consent Preferences

JOIN DAZ

Memberships

Blog

About Us

Press

Careers

Bridges

Community

In the Studio

Gallery

Forum

DAZ STORE

Shop

Freebies

Published Artists

Licensing Agreement | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | EULA

© 2026 Daz Productions Inc. All Rights Reserved.