• Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3D Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
    • Game Ready
  • Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions
  • Download Studio
  • Menu
  • Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3d Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
  • Community
    • Our Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

Loading...
Daz 3D Forums > Search
  • Gallery Ads/Popups

    Maybe, but this forum has been horrible to visit from the machine where it's locked down, and now it isn't.

    Regards,

    Richard

    By

    richardandtracy richardandtracy May 2024 in The Commons
  • Gallery Ads/Popups

    These stupid adds forced me for the first time to use an add blocker on my PC. However I also browse the forums on my tablet, and refuse to let DAZ force me to implement an add blocker on it. I'd been too busy to visit the forums fo a few days, and this morning I was greeted with the over the top adds every few responses in the forums. I closed my tablet and pondered if this was going to be the reason I don't make it to 20 years here (it will be 20 years in Nov. of 2024). Then the thought crossed my mind that maybe I should just go ahead and start learning Unreal Engine and Metahuman Creator. IMHO these "in your face" adds here are simply way too much. (Note that I have other projects that I've already been considering taking to Unreal Engine, this may give me the "push" I needed to make a break from DAZ and go completely to Blender and Unreal.)

    I've been a loyal customer, and Platinum Club/DAZ+ member for almost 20 years, and this is how I and their other loyal customers are treated. I'm not really that "mad" at DAZ anymore. But just like you, I'm sad, very disappointed, and feeling uneasy about it. The forum is just an experience in frustration (and it gives you the "eeeuwwww" feeling) without an add blocker, and the Gallery has IMHO completely lost any feeling of class, and not something that I really want to be a part of. I know my actual visits here (and in the store) have dropped off dramatically, as has my spending (my stats don't show it though, because I just leave a couple tabs open for DAZ - yep I'm lazy). I had a similar reaction when the adds at Renderosity got too intrusive. I used to spend more there than here. My spending there dropped to almost nothing, and the dollars were spent here. I'm afraid this will cause a similar response here, with dollars either being saved or going elsewhere.

    By

    DustRider DustRider May 2024 in The Commons
  • Gallery Ads/Popups

    It's simply sad. Am I the only one who thinks this way? This forum was once a place where one could go to either troubleshoot a problem ( to avoid returning a product)  or find relevant info that might prove a prodouct worthy of jumping off the fence and slam-dunking it into a cart. I have been busy downloading previous purchases, and taking care of birds, dogs and cats, but today I found a moment to venture into the forum to check on a new item I was interested in buying. The clutter [--] of ads is so distracting, I decided for the second time to toss away tokens and ignore orange banners. DAZ is this the result you are really trying to achieve? Are you actually trying to drive buyers away? I still have not spent that April 8th gift card.Yester-Year I would have bought four more by now and certainly have the funds to do so taday, but I cannot stand the bottle neck of ads. Sooooo sad. You NEED TO REVISIT YOUR MARKETING STRATEGIES. If it's broke fix it. Why not go back and find what worked and revist that. Am I the only one that doesn't love this new look, this new feel? Am I the only one kicking at the thought of leaving and never coming back? It's not that I am so important or contribute a ton to forums, but there are others who do. Their thoughts matter. Maybe they differ from mine. I am just a consumer . . . a buyer.

    (Edited by mod for language)

    By

    ArtAngel ArtAngel May 2024 in The Commons
  • Let's appreciate/discuss today's new releases - ongoing thread

    FC2C said:

    Laurita said:

    Which is particularly annoying when you search for knit shaders and these won't show up. I agree that they are nice. 

    Hylas said:

    https://www.daz3d.com/fc2c-woven-fabric-ms-shaders

    99% of folks won't care, but I happen to be a professional in this specific industry so it buggs me to no end... none of the "woven" fabrics in this shader pack are woven! They are all knitted. Completely different technique, different machines, different yarns, different processing, different everything. cool

    The shaders do look good though.

    Thank you for the kind words! Yeah I had an internal dilemma when naming these haha, I over complicated it and then fumbled the tags as well. People may never find them but I'm glad at least that the people who have seen them seem to like the shaders haha 

    @FC2C I'm trying in vain to get displacement, but there's no difference. Then I open up the surface geometry to discover there are no maps. Why/how do you have/get displacement with no map? 

    By

    xyer0 xyer0 May 2024 in The Commons
  • 1stbees Trials and Piles promptly

     

    I just feel AI art made by a computer should be clearly labelled as such. 

    Coming from a media background declaring the source has always been deeply ingrained.

    On the other hand, in history it has sometimes led to discrimination when it was enforced to wear clearly visible labels.

    Media outlets have embraced the practice to declare sources below an image or in movies at the end of a film.

     

    Because this is a forum dedicated to Daz AI Studio I just assume that any images posted here were generated by AI.

     

    prompt:

    A blue teddybear holding a sign with the text "bear" written on it, aviator sunglasses, clown outfit, in a circus, spot light, depth of field,

     

    If some post images who are not created with Daz AI Studio it could help to list the the base model, checkpoints, prompts or other settings used for generating their images to provide some context.

    But no one should feel obligated to make that extra effort.

    Thank you for sharing your images, I enjoy returning to the forum to check the latest creations.

    By

    linvanchene linvanchene May 2024 in Daz AI Studio
  • Posting images in the gallery and searching the forums successfully - looking for a how to thread

    What do you mean getting nowhere? are you seeing error messages or are you getting your images rejected by moderators? You should be able to upload any images created by Daz Studio and the rules for what is allowed is on the Terms of Service page under the "Gallery and Posted Image Conduct" section.

    If the forum search is not giving you the results you are after you can try doing a google search by adding your search terms after "site:daz3d.com/forums" - for example: "site:daz3d.com/forums posting to the gallery"

    By

    SofaCitizen SofaCitizen May 2024 in The Commons
  • MAT files for Dark Fantasy Weapons not working ... Just me?

    I don't see any other forum posts on this topic on the product page, so forgive me if there is already a thread on this. I get an error in DS telling me the MATs aren't there. I can see the 'framed exclamation mark' icon and no PNGs, and the mat won't apply. However, I can see in the surfaces tab that if I browse the base color folder, the mats are there. How do I make DS see them without manually applying the MATs every time I use it?

    Dark Fantasy Weapons for Genesis 3 and 8 Female(s)

     

    By

    WillowRaven WillowRaven May 2024 in The Commons
  • Octane Render Engine

    WendyLuvsCatz said:

    it doesn't play nice with Ultrascatter or Ultrascenery in fact I believe it cannot be installed if you want to use some features (don't really know as haven't used Ultrascenery much)

    I love Octane 4. Carrara but never found the DAZ studio GUI very easy

    in Carrara it is fully integrated with the Carrara GUI

    I uninstalled Octane from Daz Studio a year or so ago after Richard Haseltine (possibly someone else) answered one of my forum questions about having problems with UltraScenery working properly.  The advice was that Octane was the cause of my problems.  As soon as I uninstalled Octane, the problems with UltraScenery went away.  I’d rather have UltraScenery working properly than have Octane. 

    By

    jjoyner jjoyner May 2024 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • Light abs

    crosswind said:

    Search Shape Shift, from Zev 0 as well. https://www.daz3d.com/shape-shift-for-genesis-8-female-s

    TY, that sort of worked.  There's a "belly shape define" slider in that pack that indents the linea semilunar.  I set it to negative numbers and it smoothes out the area between the rectus abdominus and the obliques.  

    By

    arrjee arrjee May 2024 in Product Suggestions
  • Converting the non-trivial things from G8 to G9

    I think I may have found the threads. The trick was to search using Google rather than Daz's forum search. Why don't I think of these things sooner...?

    https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/598071/genesis-8-textures-on-genesis-9

    By

    AndrewJJP AndrewJJP May 2024 in The Commons
  • Selbsthilfegruppe DAZ Studio - Beispiele, Fragen, Diskussion und sonstiges Gequatsche

    Servus miteinander, ich bin eigentlich schon denn und wenn im Forum unterwegs, schaue hier in diesem Thread aber nur dann vorbei, wenn es ihn mal wieder nach oben gespült hat ;-)

    By

    markusmatern markusmatern May 2024 in The Commons
  • Selbsthilfegruppe DAZ Studio - Beispiele, Fragen, Diskussion und sonstiges Gequatsche

    Hallöchen,
    bisher habe ich nicht mal gewusst das es ein deutschsprachiges Forum hier gibt, finde ich toll.
    Mal gleich abspeichern.
    Grüße aus Unterfranken an alle hier
     

    By

    SWAM SWAM May 2024 in The Commons
  • DS 4.22 - can't find GoZ

    So I search for public build and found them.  Installed them still no Go Z.

    Here's what is installed.

     

    By

    info_b492a00165 info_b492a00165 May 2024 in The Commons
  • Gallery Ads/Popups

    must cost Daz3d more money to maintain it than the revenue it and the bad reviews and non sales it generates no

     

    you'll have to excuse my clicks. I'm a little slow...the forum is back that way! cool

    By

    Stezza Stezza May 2024 in The Commons
  • Read this on redit concerning Daz A.I.

    About AI features for Daz 3D Studio

    For one, it will still have users wanting to purchase content instead of just generating it with AI.

    I have acquired licenses for 14'000+ 3D models that I can use as img2img reference and ControlNet input for local AI Generators.

    My current motivation to spend more money on licensed 3D assets is quite low.

    • I support the requirement to pay a license fee to use products commercially.
    • I am still interested to spend money on a license to use the likeness of a character if I find the face appealing.
    • I may spend money on LoRA or checkpoints if I can use them in a local user interface for Stable Diffusion (SDXL, SD3)
    • I plan to keep the Daz AI Studio subscription active as long as it generates images that are in a style that appeals to me.

     

    However, I am not (anymore) willing to spend money on

    • Editorial Licenses
    • low detail 3D assets that look similar to the version created for the last generation of figures.
    • environments that cannot be properly adjusted to navigate them in a real-time viewport

     

    What Daz SHOULD be doing is making Daz Studio more stable.

     

    The core issue of Daz 3D Studio remains that it never received a significant update to deal with large scale scenes.

    Unreal Engine has Level of Detail (LOD) and Nanite features to automatically adjust the resolution of 3D and texture assets depending on their scene position in real-time.

    Until this core issue is addressed the kind of scenes you can navigate in the existing Daz 3D Studio are somewhat limited in comparison.

     

     

    edited: removed several parts to keep this essay somewhat readable.

     

    What is needed at this point is opinions from other customers...

    What do you like about Daz AI Studio?

    What are you hoping for?

     

    Get in touch with new potential customers outside this forum

    Daz may need

    • to get in touch with people in other dedicated AI communities
    • make surveys 
    • figure out the needs of  potential new customers
    • find out how much money people are willing to spend.

     

    By

    linvanchene linvanchene May 2024 in Daz AI Studio
  • Gallery Ads/Popups

    This is what I've been seeing on my phone when I access the forum. Often there isn't anything visible on the page except the ads.

    By

    barbult barbult May 2024 in The Commons
  • Gallery Ads/Popups

    I'm on safari mobile and am now getting ads inbetween forum posts as well as at the bottom. Anyone else getting this? 

    By

    benniewoodell benniewoodell May 2024 in The Commons
  • Celebrity Look-a-Likes for 3D figures Part 4

    Gordig said:

    I did an image search for Melanie Laurent because I didn't know who she was, and something very unexpected came up in the related search options.

    Yes, that is Adolf Eichmann, executed for crimes against humanity for his pivotal role in organizing the Holocaust.

     Eichmann: "The Third Reich takes grammar usage very serioulsly Wonder WOMAN!"

    Wonder Girl: "You're a GRAMMAR NAZI!"

    Eichmann: "Ja, fräulein, I am!"

    By

    Stephen Stephen May 2024 in The Commons
  • Character "Daiji HD for Genesis 8.1 Male" purchased, installed but not appears

    Daiji HD comes with a separate HD morph with apply and remove presets.

    In Smart Content, best to view products on the Smart Content/Products tab.  Search for Daiji and click on the product icon to show all of the files.  You'll find the HD morph add-on presets on the Shaping category.  See pic.

    By

    Lindsey Lindsey May 2024 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • Gallery Ads/Popups

    They really can't care all that much about the forum. Looks like they jacked up the ads to an even more obtrusive level. If they're trying to drive people away, it's working great.

    By

    TesseractSpace TesseractSpace May 2024 in The Commons
Previous Next
Adding to Cart…

Daz 3D is part of Tafi

Connect

DAZ Productions, Inc.
7533 S Center View Ct #4664
West Jordan, UT 84084

HELP

Contact Us

Tutorials

Help Center

Sell Your 3D Content

Affiliate Program

Documentation Center

Open Source

Consent Preferences

JOIN DAZ

Memberships

Blog

About Us

Press

Careers

Bridges

Community

In the Studio

Gallery

Forum

DAZ STORE

Shop

Freebies

Published Artists

Licensing Agreement | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | EULA

© 2026 Daz Productions Inc. All Rights Reserved.