• Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3D Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
    • Game Ready
  • Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions
  • Download Studio
  • Menu
  • Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3d Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
  • Community
    • Our Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

Loading...
Daz 3D Forums > Search
  • Cleopatra 8.1 Ancient Treasure Bundle - The continuing decline of DAZ bundles

    Depending on what you've purchased during the sale and what other Mad items you include in the cart, the price can drop to a more or less reasonable $38.25 in the cart. $7 per item isn't unreasonable. A seven-item bundle is ... unusual. Though apparently she includes her HD, which Michael, Victoria, and Torment did not, but White Priestess did. (Assuming Cleopatra's product description is correct, and her HD does seem to be included in the readme file list for her. I wonder if this means that Cleopatra is an Artstation character? Included HD and attenuated bundles seem to be the norm for them.)

    I actually like the bundle, surprisingly enough. But ... they've now done THREE Egyptian female themed bundles in the past six months. I suppose the Ancient Egyptian Oasis Bundle would theoretically count as a sorta kinda vaguely thinking about being a male bundle -- if you squint real hard -- but they don't have Akhenaten 8, he's just plain Mst Akhenaten. I mean, I like him, but it's not at all the same thing. Also, four Egyptian themed bundle in six months seems like more than the traffic can bear, really.

    By

    vwrangler vwrangler March 2021 in The Commons
  • How to bring 2008 work up to date to now (2021) - Solved

    Thank you again!
    I will try that tomorrow. 

    For this effort of 2008 files I loaded Windows 7 Professional on a old Lenovo W700 laptop. 
    Windows updates are updated, virus scan and windows file corruption scan completed with no issues. 
    Backed up.
    Added Daz Content Manager (DazCentral) and then it added DazStudio Pro. I think 4.15 but I can check that if it helps. 

    Hoping to try what DazCentral installed first (using your suggestions above) but willing to load another machine and go further back in time. 

    How much do you think DS versions matter? I know they matter, but there seems to be eras of versions that work up until the next era. 
    Are there known eras (not sure what word to use) to watch out for? You mentioned transparency. What era might I have to go to for that to work? 
    for example will 2.3 work? 
     

    On a different note: I installed DazCentral and thus DazStudio Pro (I think it was called CM) and could see my plugins and assets. 
    I clicked to install all the assets I thought I had used in the past. DazCentral seemed to install them. 
    In the "smart" view of DS I could seem them. Yet none of the little icon/images for an asset showed up except things like genesis 8 or new stuff. 
    For example Victoria  4 or 5 would not have an image? Is that normal or indicates a problem? Instead was a picture frame icon and an X. 

    By

    VitalBodies VitalBodies March 2021 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • How big is the visual difference between genesis 8.1 and genesis 8?

    Richard Haseltine said:

    With which character? Or are you asking about the new shader? Even then, because the maps used have changed, it would be tricky to do a fair comparison.

    Don't really care about any specific character. I'm really just interseted to hear if people who have experience with any genesis 8.1 characters think genesis 8.1 characters look better than genesis 8 characters based on their experience and personal opinion.
    So for instance, if someone has any of the characters that have genesis 8.1 and genesis 8 versions of the same character. Then I'm curious to hear if they think the genesis 8.1 version look notably better than the genesis 8 version
    And if someone has any of the characters that only have a genesis 8.1 version (like victoria 8.1 and michael 8.1). Then I'd like to hear what they think of how those characters compare visually to any genesis 8 models they've worked with 

    By

    scwasp scwasp March 2021 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • How big is the visual difference between genesis 8.1 and genesis 8?

    Definitely look at the texture maps of Micheal 8.1, Victoria 8.1, Torment, or characters like the new Thomas.  The layouts are pretty different for Genesis 8.

    By

    nemesis10 nemesis10 March 2021 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • Does any skin building script work AT ALL on 8.1?

    Ok so Zev0's skin builder 8 does not work yet on 8.1 cause I have tried, even though he his supposedly updating his scripts.  So, I tried the Ultimate Skin manager to see if it does cause it said it was updated for 8.1 and it is NOT working at all.  It keeps telling me to use gen 2, gen 3 or gen 8 only, not gen 8.1.  So here is my question:  does ANY skin builder script work at all atm for 8.1?  If not, I am just going to wait til gen 9 and victoria 9 which will probably release for daz 15 whenever that happens.

    By

    BAM! Renders BAM! Renders March 2021 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • How to bring 2008 work up to date to now (2021) - Solved

    Greetings Again, 

    Left off in Daz and 3D in 2008. 
    I would like to learn how to get back to where I left off and bring that into the now. 
    I have my old files. 
    Yet I would guess they have to be placed/installed/improrted/etc to work. 
    Getting the impression those were Victoria 4 times. Still exploring old files. 
    Are there tutorials or user manuals or the like or is it best to ask here on the forums. 

    Currently on a Mac M1 Big Sur. Get the sense I have to wait on that, but updates on when this will arrive would be fun. 
    Excited! Bought this to get back into 3D. 
    I have some older machines too that I dug up to make this go for now. 
    A Lenovo W700 with Win 7 for example or an old Lenovo D10 ThinkStation and possibly others. 
    The Basics I would think would be a machine that works, the Operating System needed for then or now or both and an understanding of how to place the many types of 3D files where they need to be to work - and work together. 

    Do I start with the current Daz or use an old version? 
    Help here would be wonderful. Would love to not lose years and years of work. 
    If my questions do not lead to the answer then answer as you will. 
    Thank you! 

     

    By

    VitalBodies VitalBodies March 2021 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • How big is the visual difference between genesis 8.1 and genesis 8?

    So I've been looking to get back into messing around with Daz3d, and I just finished reading the official blogpost about 8.1 - https://blog.daz3d.com/genesis-8-1/
    And while it mention stuff like shader and UV improvements, the blogpost doesn't have any side by side examples to showcase any of these supposed visual improvements. So I'm asking here to see what any of you that have worked with genesis 8.1 think about the visuals fidelity of genesis 8.1 characters compared to genesis 8 characters. 

    Curious to hear what you think of both characters that are purely genesis 8.1, like Victoria 8.1, and the difference for characters that have a genesis 8.1 and a genesis 8 version

    By

    scwasp scwasp March 2021 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • Post your DAZ to Unity renders

    danielbui78 said:

     

    Made using Unity 2019.4 LTS, Daz Studio 4.15, Blender 2.83, UMotion Pro - Animation Editor, Animation Converter for Unity (Soxware Interactive), OBS Studio 26.1.

    Assets:
    Daz 3D: 
    Centaur 7 (Daz)
    Monique 7 (Daz) 
    Nox Hair (Daz, AprilYSH)
    FW Sushmita HD (Daz,  Fisty & Darc, Fred Winkler Art)
    FWSA Zarina HD (Daz, Fred Winkler Art, Sabby)
    Nitsu Hinshi Samurai Armor (Daz, Barbara Brundon, Sarsa)

    Unity: 
    Horse Animset Pro Riding System (Malbers Animation)
    Forest Environment - Dynamic Nature (NatureManufacture)
    Realistic Eye Movements (Tore Knabe)
    Dynamic Bone (Will Hong)
    Full Menu System - FREE (SpeedTutor)

     

    kewl 

    By

    Mistara Mistara March 2021 in Unity Discussion
  • Celebrity Look-a-Likes for 3D figures part 3

    Sevrin said:

    Does anyone have any ideas about Maddelirium's new MDD Rebel character?  She's gorgeous, and looks somehow familiar.

    I played with her and combined her with Victoria 8.1 and come up with this portrait that has some resemblance to the German singer Nena (99 Red Balloons) from the 80s

    https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/user/5999567703113728?edit=albums#gallery=album145866&page=1&image=1128858

    By

    alienarea alienarea March 2021 in The Commons
  • deco wings, similar shapes for kit bashing

    You might want to have a look on some older JEPE products.

    By

    Rod Wise Driggo Rod Wise Driggo March 2021 in The Commons
  • Ultimate Iray Skin Manager [Commercial]

    V3Digitimes said:

    ---> The update allowing to use "Ultimate Iray Skin Manager" on Genesis 8.1 figures using Iray Uber as their shader (such as when you apply a Genesis 8 Iray Uber material on it for instance) is now live for a few days.

    ---> For the ones who wanted an equivalent tool for PBR Skins, this was developped, submitted, and tested by Daz. So far, so good. It is called "Ultimate PBRSkin Manager", is also compatible with any generation of figure from Genesis (and victoria 4) to Genesis 8.1 and there will be within the next few days a specific thread concerning Ultimate PBRSkin Manager, in order not to mix everything.

    Where do I get the update? I don`t see it in DIM.

    Thank you

    By

    johnjohn808 johnjohn808 March 2021 in Daz PA Commercial Products
  • who is this character please?

    https://www.daz3d.com/ry-elysa-for-victoria-8

    Look this character. Is you see the freckles in the photo, it's her.

    Bye

     

    By

    outlaw_kd outlaw_kd March 2021 in Product Suggestions
  • New! Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 14

    Novica said:

    I've been so offline and not following the latest "advancements" I don't even know what pbr skin IS. So I looked it up and it's Physically Based Rendering which is more realistic with how light interacts with skin. Okay, so now I'm wondering how to tell if the figure I am rendering is PBR or not? And maybe someone can help gitika1 ? (Sorry, I'm clueless but we'll get you an answer with the other forum surfers. The most knowledgeable folks on the planet IMO.)  @barbult @ladair to mention a few.

    Daz introduced the new PBR skin shader with Genesis 8.1. Victoria 8.1 has it, but the Base Genesis 8.1 still uses the Iray Uber shader.  It is just another shader for Iray in Daz Studio, as far as I know.

    By

    barbult barbult March 2021 in Art Studio
  • Daz Dynamic clothing will not load

    I can not seem to get any of my old Daz Dynamic clothing or items to load.. can someone please help me with this.

    below is a copy of the log file:

    2021-03-13 19:34:00.794 Opening file Egyptian Dress.daz...
    2021-03-13 19:34:00.937 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\general\dzpropertygroup.cpp(385): NULL DzProperty pointer read from file in DzPropertyGroup::setPointer()
    2021-03-13 19:34:00.950 File read time: 0 min 0.1 sec.
    2021-03-13 19:34:00.958 Building Scene...
    2021-03-13 19:34:00.963 File loaded in 0 min 0.1 sec.
    2021-03-13 19:34:00.974 Loaded file Egyptian Dress.daz.
    2021-03-13 19:34:35.674 Loading script: I:/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Victoria 4/Dynamic Clothing/Egyptian/Egyptian Dress/Blue Linen.dsa
    2021-03-13 19:34:35.683 Script executed successfully: I:/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Victoria 4/Dynamic Clothing/Egyptian/Egyptian Dress/Blue Linen.dsa
    2021-03-13 19:34:47.002 Merging file Empire Babydoll Top.daz...
    2021-03-13 19:34:47.050 Unable to find file for storable: data/Empire Babydoll Top_7765_Object/modifiers/autorig/AutoRiggerData.dsa
    2021-03-13 19:34:47.055 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\general\dzpropertygroup.cpp(385): NULL DzProperty pointer read from file in DzPropertyGroup::setPointer()
    2021-03-13 19:34:47.668 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\general\dzscript.cpp(1178): Unhandled error while executing script.
    2021-03-13 19:34:47.668 WARNING: QScriptEngine::popContext() doesn't match with pushContext()
    2021-03-13 19:34:47.678 File read time: 0 min 0.6 sec.
    2021-03-13 19:34:47.683 Building Scene...
    2021-03-13 19:38:10.341 Merging file Egyptian Dress.daz...
    2021-03-13 19:38:10.468 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\general\dzpropertygroup.cpp(385): NULL DzProperty pointer read from file in DzPropertyGroup::setPointer()
    2021-03-13 19:38:10.480 File read time: 0 min 0.1 sec.
    2021-03-13 19:38:10.486 Building Scene...
    2021-03-13 19:38:10.492 File loaded in 0 min 0.1 sec.
    2021-03-13 19:38:10.499 Loaded file Egyptian Dress.daz.
    2021-03-13 19:48:00.967 Received file to open: I:\My DAZ 3D Library\data\3_0\Egyptian Dress_15456_Object\Egyptian Dress_15456_Shape\geometry.dso

    Thank you

    Debi

    By

    dhouck dhouck March 2021 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • How long does it take you to load G8F?

    Zev0 said:

    Robert Freise said:

    Zev0 said:

    Loading default genesis 8 base is relatively quick but for some reason it takes way longer loading in a character preset. Like nearly twice as long for me...

    How are you loading just the default base?

    When I load it it also loads every morph and character preset I own into the figure, they load at 0%  but are all there and function 

    I'd love to be able to load just the base so that I could then load just morphs and or presets that I want.

    When I mentioned that in another thread I was screamed at with the comment of Oh God No!!! if you want that go use Poser

    By base I mean clicking on the Genesis 8 icon. By character I mean clicking on something like victoria

    My experience is worse than that - 2-3 minutes to load the base, 20-30 minutes to load a character preset (which is why I use shaping and materials presets instead).

    By

    Richard Haseltine Richard Haseltine March 2021 in The Commons
  • How long does it take you to load G8F?

    Zev0 said:

    Robert Freise said:

    Zev0 said:

    Loading default genesis 8 base is relatively quick but for some reason it takes way longer loading in a character preset. Like nearly twice as long for me...

    How are you loading just the default base?

    When I load it it also loads every morph and character preset I own into the figure, they load at 0%  but are all there and function 

    I'd love to be able to load just the base so that I could then load just morphs and or presets that I want.

    When I mentioned that in another thread I was screamed at with the comment of Oh God No!!! if you want that go use Poser

    By base I mean clicking on the Genesis 8 icon. By character I mean clicking on something like victoria 8.

    Those load with every morph and preset that I own

    Nothing loads without all of them 

    By

    Robert Freise Robert Freise March 2021 in The Commons
  • How long does it take you to load G8F?
    Robert Freise said:

    Zev0 said:

    Loading default genesis 8 base is relatively quick but for some reason it takes way longer loading in a character preset. Like nearly twice as long for me...

    How are you loading just the default base?

    When I load it it also loads every morph and character preset I own into the figure, they load at 0%  but are all there and function 

    I'd love to be able to load just the base so that I could then load just morphs and or presets that I want.

    When I mentioned that in another thread I was screamed at with the comment of Oh God No!!! if you want that go use Poser

    By base I mean clicking on the Genesis 8 icon. By character I mean clicking on something like victoria 8.

    By

    Zev0 Zev0 March 2021 in The Commons
  • Progress with Running Track Freebie (Hurdles + G8F Hurdles Poses)

    richardandtracy said:

    That's nice to hear. Well, nice to hear there's a chance that the effort is not entirely wasted!

    All your effort will certainly not be wasted!

    OMG! As soon as Xue heard from her trainer and coach that the construction of the new running track was really making progress she immediately started warming-up!

    Credits:

    Amy AiMei for Genesis 8 Female (morphs only) by Amy Aimei
    https://www.deviantart.com/amyaimei/art/Amy-AiMei-for-Genesis-8-Female-morphs-only-687709757

    Athletics Uniform G8F by Yomiuri
    https://sharecg.com/v/97273/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/Athletics-Uniform-G8F

    Dforce Walther 2.0 vest for G8M by Ruslanomar
    https://sharecg.com/v/97281/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/Dforce-Walther-2.0-vest-for-G8M

    Eyes Dilate for Genesis 8 Female by felldude
    https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/eyes-dilate-for-genesis-8-female/82869

    Facial Hair and Short Hair for Genesis 8 Male(s) by Matari3D
    https://www.daz3d.com/facial-hair-and-short-hair-for-genesis-8-males

    G8F Face Mask by anjeli93
    https://www.renderosity.com/rr/mod/freestuff/g8f-face-mask/84930

    G8M Walther 2.0 by Ruslanomar
    https://sharecg.com/v/97276/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/G8M-Walther-2.0

    Gear Fit 2 Smartwatch by CGAXIS
    https://free.cgaxis.com/product/gear-fit-2-smartwatch/

    Hitomi Tanaka Head Morph for G8F by TritiumCG
    https://www.deviantart.com/tritiumcg/art/Hitomi-Tanaka-Head-Morph-for-G8F-819861473

    Kiara Interior by HDRIHaven
    https://hdrihaven.com/hdri/?h=kiara_interior

    Megumi - Head and Body Morphs for G8F by TritiumCG
    https://www.deviantart.com/tritiumcg/art/Megumi-Head-and-Body-Morphs-for-G8F-842318536

    Morphing Poster by SquarePeg3D
    https://www.renderosity.com/rr/mod/freestuff/morphing-poster/87552

    Nike Air Zoom for G1 by Tranquil
    https://sharecg.com/v/97066/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/Nike-Air-Zoom-for-G1

    Phantom For G8F by CheckerToo
    https://www.deviantart.com/checkertoo/art/Phantom-For-G8F-Dl-858507130

    RGB HDRi Soft Lights for Daz Studio - Iray by VAlzheimer
    https://gumroad.com/valzheimer  (4th item)

    Simple Glasses for Genesis 8 Male/Female by GEOmetalics
    https://www.renderosity.com/rr/mod/freestuff/simple-glasses-for-genesis-8-male-female/85459

    Soul Calibur 6 Seong Mina's Head Morph for G8F by TritiumCG
    https://www.deviantart.com/tritiumcg/art/Soul-Calibur-6-Seong-Mina-s-Head-Morph-for-G8F-813924805

    Summer Casual for Genesis 8 Male by Elleque
    https://sharecg.com/v/97301/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/Summer-Casual-for-Genesis-8-Male

    SY 200 Morphs for Genesis 8 Head and Body by SickleYield
    https://sharecg.com/v/91888/view/21/DAZ-Studio/SY-200-Morphs-for-Genesis-8-Head-and-Body

    Victoria 8 by DAZ Originals
    https://www.daz3d.com/victoria-8

    G8F Warm-up 1-5 by richardandtracy
    https://www.renderosity.com/rr/mod/freestuff/g8f-warm-up-1-5/87721

    WorkOut Mask G8M by SdeB
    https://www.sdebstore.com/collections/free-stuff/products/workout-mask-g8m-free

     

    By

    JackyBrown JackyBrown March 2021 in Freebies
  • Missing Morphs in Mandie Satin Slippers for Genesis 8 Females

    Supported Shapes:
    Aiko 8
    Body Size
    Charlotte 8
    Girl 8
    Mei Lin 8
    Monique 8
    Olympia 8
    Pear Figure
    Stephanie 8
    Teen Josie 8
    Victoria 8

    AW-Diane Tween Body Comes in at 20% Not A supported shape

    The shoes have lots of distotion

    By

    Plant Plant March 2021 in The Commons
  • hair that can hang when upside down?

    Maybe this:

    Laguna-Naoko Hair For Genesis 3 Female(S), Genesis 2 Female(S) And Victoria 4  -  https://www.daz3d.com/catalog/product/view/id/023069

    or this:

    Esidor Hair  -  https://www.daz3d.com/catalog/product/view/id/014108

    By

    Taoz Taoz March 2021 in The Commons
Previous Next
Adding to Cart…

Daz 3D is part of Tafi

Connect

DAZ Productions, Inc.
7533 S Center View Ct #4664
West Jordan, UT 84084

HELP

Contact Us

Tutorials

Help Center

Sell Your 3D Content

Affiliate Program

Documentation Center

Open Source

Consent Preferences

JOIN DAZ

Memberships

Blog

About Us

Press

Careers

Bridges

Community

In the Studio

Gallery

Forum

DAZ STORE

Shop

Freebies

Published Artists

Licensing Agreement | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | EULA

© 2026 Daz Productions Inc. All Rights Reserved.