• Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3D Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
    • Game Ready
  • Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions
  • Download Studio
  • Menu
  • Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3d Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
  • Community
    • Our Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

Loading...
Daz 3D Forums > Search
  • Why is DAZ search so singularly awful?

    I'm a pretty novice programmer, and doing a search with various match co-efficients is within my capability (done it for a spell checker, and it's directly applicable for searches), so I find it impossible to believe that programmers as good as those who come up with DS can't come up with a better one. Getting the budget and time to do so is an entirely different matter.

    Regards

    Richard

    By

    richardandtracy richardandtracy June 2024 in The Commons
  • The Sky is Falling Complaint Thread

    In the town of Colchester in Essex there is a zoo that's somewhat notorious for accidentally giving zoo animals their freedom. In 2012 there was another full scale emergency about an escaped male lion that had been seen in the town. It had happened frequently enough that helicopters, police vans, the lot, were scrambled before even contacting the zoo. Nothing was found, and the zoo (when finally contacted) said all lions were accounted for. It's thought a ginger Maine Coon with a Lion Cut for summer had been spotted. Here's the article from the UK national Newspaper 'The Daily Mail':  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2193984/Essex-Lion-picture-revealed-police-search-admit-probably-large-domestic-cat.html  And a Maine Coon's not even as big as a Savannah cat.

    Regards,

    Richard

    By

    richardandtracy richardandtracy June 2024 in The Commons
  • Why is DAZ search so singularly awful?

    I find that often the Daz search engine is like internet searches back in the day... if you confuse it, it gives you random skimpsear.

    By

    SilverGirl SilverGirl June 2024 in The Commons
  • Why is DAZ search so singularly awful?

    You can also do the tried and true google search tagging site:www.daz3d.com/shop in the search. There are other ways to search using google as well.

    By

    frank0314 frank0314 June 2024 in The Commons
  • Why is DAZ search so singularly awful?

    nonesuch00 said:

    Exactly why I won't dump my humongous and unweildy wishlist. I'd never find that material again if I had to rely on the store search.

    ^^^ This. It's not so much a wishlist as a repository for things I might someday in the far future need and don't want to spend three hours trying to locate.

    By

    SilverGirl SilverGirl June 2024 in The Commons
  • Why is DAZ search so singularly awful?

    Exactly why I won't dump my humongous and unweildy wishlist. I'd never find that material again if I had to rely on the store search.

    By

    nonesuch00 nonesuch00 June 2024 in The Commons
  • Why is DAZ search so singularly awful?

    They could sort in order of match.

    Today when you search you get a total mix.

    By

    felis felis June 2024 in The Commons
  • Announcing: Daz Deals Browser Add-on II

    @ati or whoever happens to know the answer. I am brand new to Daz Deals; just learned about it yesterday and added a monthly pro sub today to check out all features. One thing that is not clear to me: do my hidden items and comments sync across multiple browsers? To be more specific, I switch frequently between a Mac and PC (using Brave on both). I already did a lot of customizing on the Mac. If synchronizing comments and hidden flags between the two computers is possible, I have not yet discerned how to do that. I suspect this has been asked and answered before, but could not find an answer just by browsing through the forum. Please advise, and thanks!

    By

    cheard cheard June 2024 in The Commons
  • No Men's Clothing?

    It took me awhile to catch onto Genesis 8. But when I did it was because I saw an abundance of clothing for males. Also I delighted at the sight of so many mature characters, hair, etc.

    So that's a major let down from Genesis 8 to Genesis 9.

    Oh, and I don't search for anything. I select available options from drop down menus. Last time I looked, there is no option to select male clothes.

    By

    Ron Knights Ron Knights June 2024 in The Commons
  • Why is DAZ search so singularly awful?

    It's a known (and annoying) issue. If your search term gets an exact match, it doesn't return anything else.

    By

    paulawp (marahzen) paulawp (marahzen) June 2024 in The Commons
  • Why is DAZ search so singularly awful?

    There are at least half a dozen products in the store with "everyday" in the name. Mostly G8 but even G9. Yet when I search for them I get this:

    By

    lou_harper lou_harper June 2024 in The Commons
  • No Men's Clothing?

    It may be less prevalent, but 'none' is definitely ... a bit off.

    I did a search for 'suit' limited to Genesis 9 and got at least 7 clearly masculine-oriented modern outfits, plus a few more that have feminine promos but could easily adapt to masculine. (Plus scifi and fantasy stuff, of course)

    It would be nice if it was easier to filter for mostly masculine or feminine items, though.

     

    By

    Oso3D Oso3D June 2024 in The Commons
  • Hey DAZ, why not make it easier to shop?

    Ron Knights said:

    Why should I pay anyone to find deals at DAZ?! Why does DAZ make things so hard?!

    Guess that's why I haven't shopped here for a long time.

    Personally, I don't find it hard to navigate and shop here. I look at products, if something interests me, I wishlist it if not on sale. If on sale I add to the cart and checkout, it's pretty straigtforward IMO. I do use the free version of Daz Deals, have for years., The search option isn't as accurate as I would like, but I can usally find what I want with the right keyword. 

    By

    FSMCDesigns FSMCDesigns June 2024 in The Commons
  • Collision and Poke Through Question...

    There are various converter products to go between different generations (clothes, hair, characters, etc). For example: https://www.daz3d.com/clothing-converter-from-genesis-8-female-to-genesis-3-female and https://daz3d.com/clothing-converter-from-genesis-8-male-to-genesis-3-male convert clothes from Genesis 8 to 3 (female and male, respectively).

    A store search for 'converter' throws up 4 pages to sift through if you want pose/hair-converters too.

    Lighting - not sure. I tend to use HDRI or emissive surfaces rather than Daz default lights. Perhaps someone with more expertise there can weigh in.

    By

    Silent Winter Silent Winter June 2024 in The Commons
  • Getting started with animation: tutorial suggestions?

    A lot is going to depend on your computer and graphics card, the older they are, the longer they take. You will also hear things along the lines of optimization, which can reduce the load on your computer and on Daz, making it faster.

    As for tutorials, there are many. If you check the store for animations, many of them come with tutorials that can give you a starting point idea of how things work.

    When on youtube do a search for DAZ3D animation, that should give you a pretty good starter list. Depending on if youtube behaves, you might get a lot of older video's, which is frustrating. One person to look up is WPGuru, he has a few video's on animation.

    By

    Faeryl Womyn Faeryl Womyn June 2024 in The Commons
  • Vram of all figures
    Was curious if there's a forum covering all poser/daz figures for vram size. If someone could link or has how much each figure chews up? Looking for v1? And up. Someone on another pointed out using really old figures as background figs to save on vram, waiting on the lowpi to go on a better sale -_-

    By

    lkopop908 lkopop908 June 2024 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • Render your buys! Use buys from the current month and the previous month of sales

    Crossposted from Daz+ forum.

    The Priestess

    New items used: FN Eleanor for G9, TF Mystic Moon Tiara, Gothic Lace Shaders, SY Magic Portals (partially invisible because of all the postwork blush), and Ron's Antique Glass Plate Textures (partially responsible for the amount of postwork). Other items and original render for comparison in the gallery.

    By

    joanna joanna June 2024 in The Commons
  • Hands and feet are crippled in UE 5.4 when imported using DTU! HEEEEELP!

    milliethegreat said:

    crosswind said:

    If you exported assets to UE with Daz official DTU plugin, better firstly try with the ones from here - https://github.com/David-Vodhanel/DazToUnreal or https://github.com/daz3d/DazToUnreal/releases

    I have no idea how "crippled" the imported figure looks... better post a screen shot.

    how to post a screenshot on daz forum ????

    Image uploading seems to be broken on the forums right now, but you could host it somewhere else like imgur and embed/link it from there.

    I just downloaded the latest bridge from GitHub and it sent a G8 to Unreal without issue. Try a G8 to see if that works better, and maybe the problem is just G9. If the G8 is also munched, then the problem is something else.

    By

    Gordig Gordig June 2024 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • Hands and feet are crippled in UE 5.4 when imported using DTU! HEEEEELP!

    crosswind said:

    If you exported assets to UE with Daz official DTU plugin, better firstly try with the ones from here - https://github.com/David-Vodhanel/DazToUnreal or https://github.com/daz3d/DazToUnreal/releases

    I have no idea how "crippled" the imported figure looks... better post a screen shot.

    how to post a screenshot on daz forum ????

    By

    milliethegreat milliethegreat June 2024 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • Aviatrix for G8F

    Sorry, I have found it. I did a search of my DIM. It is a product no longer shown on DAZ3D.com. It's Aviatrix for Genesis 8.1 Females.

    By

    druc druc June 2024 in Product Suggestions
Previous Next
Adding to Cart…

Daz 3D is part of Tafi

Connect

DAZ Productions, Inc.
7533 S Center View Ct #4664
West Jordan, UT 84084

HELP

Contact Us

Tutorials

Help Center

Sell Your 3D Content

Affiliate Program

Documentation Center

Open Source

Consent Preferences

JOIN DAZ

Memberships

Blog

About Us

Press

Careers

Bridges

Community

In the Studio

Gallery

Forum

DAZ STORE

Shop

Freebies

Published Artists

Licensing Agreement | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | EULA

© 2026 Daz Productions Inc. All Rights Reserved.