• Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3D Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
    • Game Ready
  • Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions
  • Download Studio
  • Menu
  • Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3d Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
  • Community
    • Our Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

Loading...
Daz 3D Forums > Search
  • NEW 2021 Sales thread: Report Issues Here "There's Always Another Sale™"

    Cris Palomino said:

    Ghosty12 said:

    Cris Palomino said:

    Ghosty12 said:

    Finding a few dead links to products, such as on this page https://www.daz3d.com/victoria-iven-for-genesis-3-females, the product Mina for Iven link goes to nowhere.. And on this page https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-universal-dress-for-genesis-8-females a link to, https://www.daz3d.com/platinum-club-anniversary-bundle-10-2019 is still being listed..

    The two links you gave work for me. Where is the plat link listed?

     

    In the first image from the Victoria Iven for Genesis 3 Female(s) product page, the outlined part shows a product that does not exist.. The second image from the dForce Universal Dress for Genesis 8 Female(s) product page the outlined part shows the Platinum-club-anniversary-bundle-10-2019 as still being available when it isn't..

     

     

    Now I see what you mean. Thank you for the clearer explanation. I'll send a report to Daz.

    No worries and cheers, and well yeah sometimes my explanations do not come out as intended, and can be about as clear as mud.. lol laugh

    By

    Ghosty12 Ghosty12 April 2021 in The Commons
  • Yui Remake Question

    As far as I can tell these are the differences between the original and 'remake' version, of course as nicstt says we don't know if the remake character uses the Genesis 8.1 UVs or not.

    • Yui Remake Character and Hair for Genesis 8.1 Female (.DUF)
        Yui Remake Character Preset(IrayUber)
      • Yui Remake Character Preset(PBRSkin)
      • Full Apply/Remove
      • Head Apply/Remove
      • Body Apply/Remove
      • Navel Apply/Remove
    • Character Materials
      • Available as PBRSkin and Iray Uber
      • Base Skin
      • 08 Eye Colors
      • 06 Lip Colors + Nature Lip
      • Eyelashes MAT
      • Lips Shine+Remove
    • Yui Remake Hair for Genesis 8.1 Female(s) (Not sure if any of these are new)
      • Back Flutter B
      • Back Flutter L
      • Back Flutter R
      • Bangs Decline
      • Bangs Separate L
      • Bangs Separate R
      • Behind Side Longer
      • Earlock Bend
      • Earlock Decline
      • Earlock Flutter L
      • Earlock Flutter R
      • Earlock Tighten up
      • Earlock swing L
      • Earlock swing R
      • Front Side Longer
      • Left Side Longer
      • Right Side Longer
      • Sticking to the scalp
    • Supported Shapes
      • Edie 8
      • Topsy 8
      • Kaylee 8
      • Tika 8
      • Alawa 8
      • Alexandra 8
      • Angharad 8
      • Aubrey 8
      • Babina 8
      • Bridget 8
      • CJ 8
      • Celani 8
      • Charlotte 8
      • Daisy8
      • Darcy 8
      • Ellithia 8
      • Eva 8
      • Freja 8
      • Gabriela 8
      • Gia 8
      • Honni 8
      • Jenni 8
      • Josephene 8
      • Kala 8
      • Kayo 8
      • Khemsit 8
      • Latonya 8
      • Leisa 8
      • Mabel 8
      • Mei Lin 8
      • Millawa 8
      • Monique 8
      • MrsChow 8
      • Olympia 8
      • Penny 8
      • Robyn 8
      • Sahira 8
      • Stephanie 8
      • Sukai 8
      • Tasha 8
      • Teen Jane 8
      • Teen Josie 8
      • Teen Raven 8
      • Twosret 8
      • Victoria 8
      • Victoria 8.1
      • Mika 8
      • Aiko 8
      • Rynne 8
      • Yui Remake
      • Other Shapes May Be Supported in Daz Studio via Auto-Follow
    • Hair Shaping Presets
      • Reset All
      • Reset Blow
      • Reset Style
      • 04 Hair Blow Presets
      • 04 Hair Style Presets
    • Materials:
      • Hair Black
      • Hair Blue
      • Hair Bright red
      • Hair Brown
      • Hair Canary yellow
      • Hair Cyan
      • Hair Dark green
      • Hair Green
      • Hair Light blue
      • Hair Light cyan
      • Hair Light red
      • Hair Lilac colour
      • Hair Navy blue
      • Hair Orange red
      • Hair Pink
      • Hair Red
      • Hair Saffron yellow
      • Hair Ultimate yellow
      • Hair Violet
      • Hair White
      • Hair Yellow
    • Textures Included:
      • 68 Texture, Specular, Bump, Normal, Reflection, and Transparency Maps (2048 x 2048 to 4096 x 4096)
    • Daz Studio Iray Uber Material Presets (.DUF)
    • Daz Studio Iray PBRSkin Material Presets (.DUF)

    I already have the original character so I would have to say there's not enough here to spend another $24.95 (excluding discount)

    Best Wishes
    Steve.

    By

    stephenschoon stephenschoon April 2021 in The Commons
  • NEW 2021 Sales thread: Report Issues Here "There's Always Another Sale™"

    Ghosty12 said:

    Cris Palomino said:

    Ghosty12 said:

    Finding a few dead links to products, such as on this page https://www.daz3d.com/victoria-iven-for-genesis-3-females, the product Mina for Iven link goes to nowhere.. And on this page https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-universal-dress-for-genesis-8-females a link to, https://www.daz3d.com/platinum-club-anniversary-bundle-10-2019 is still being listed..

    The two links you gave work for me. Where is the plat link listed?

     

    In the first image from the Victoria Iven for Genesis 3 Female(s) product page, the outlined part shows a product that does not exist.. The second image from the dForce Universal Dress for Genesis 8 Female(s) product page the outlined part shows the Platinum-club-anniversary-bundle-10-2019 as still being available when it isn't..

     

     

    Now I see what you mean. Thank you for the clearer explanation. I'll send a report to Daz.

    By

    Cris Palomino Cris Palomino April 2021 in The Commons
  • NEW 2021 Sales thread: Report Issues Here "There's Always Another Sale™"

    Cris Palomino said:

    Ghosty12 said:

    Finding a few dead links to products, such as on this page https://www.daz3d.com/victoria-iven-for-genesis-3-females, the product Mina for Iven link goes to nowhere.. And on this page https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-universal-dress-for-genesis-8-females a link to, https://www.daz3d.com/platinum-club-anniversary-bundle-10-2019 is still being listed..

    The two links you gave work for me. Where is the plat link listed?

     

    In the first image from the Victoria Iven for Genesis 3 Female(s) product page, the outlined part shows a product that does not exist.. The second image from the dForce Universal Dress for Genesis 8 Female(s) product page the outlined part shows the Platinum-club-anniversary-bundle-10-2019 as still being available when it isn't..

     

     

    By

    Ghosty12 Ghosty12 April 2021 in The Commons
  • NEW 2021 Sales thread: Report Issues Here "There's Always Another Sale™"

    Ghosty12 said:

    Finding a few dead links to products, such as on this page https://www.daz3d.com/victoria-iven-for-genesis-3-females, the product Mina for Iven link goes to nowhere.. And on this page https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-universal-dress-for-genesis-8-females a link to, https://www.daz3d.com/platinum-club-anniversary-bundle-10-2019 is still being listed..

    The two links you gave work for me. Where is the plat link listed?

     

    By

    Cris Palomino Cris Palomino April 2021 in The Commons
  • NEW 2021 Sales thread: Report Issues Here "There's Always Another Sale™"

    Finding a few dead links to products, such as on this page https://www.daz3d.com/victoria-iven-for-genesis-3-females, the product Mina for Iven link goes to nowhere.. And on this page https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-universal-dress-for-genesis-8-females a link to, https://www.daz3d.com/platinum-club-anniversary-bundle-10-2019 is still being listed..

    By

    Ghosty12 Ghosty12 April 2021 in The Commons
  • Lydia HD for Victoria 7 Remake for Genesis 8.1

    I would just like to request a remake of Lydia HD for Genesis 8.1. I think Lydia is one of the best characters around IMO, and it would be great to see her utilize the features of Genesis 8.1. Currently, loading her textures on G8 or G8.1 causes texture issues on her right arm.

    Lydia HD for Victoria 7
    https://www.daz3d.com/lydia-hd-for-victoria-7

    By

    Richard John S Richard John S April 2021 in Product Suggestions
  • Adventures of Lorenzo & LoRez Figures in Carrara

    Steve K said:

    My typical use for Lorez figures is secondary characters in animations that don't need all the M4/V4 features like morphs++ (yeah, I'm happily stuck in the Gen4 world).  The latest example is this one, starting ~2:50.

    Cool flick!

    Well, I've written a few articles already pertaining to generations of Daz human figures that make any of our reluctance to move to newer generations completely justified, in my opinion.

     

    Victoria 4 is the beginnings of an article of my fandom of this particular, ultra-popular figure. I still don't think that any other figure (period) has recieved as much support content - not by a long shot. Michael didn't get nearly as much, but his support content availability is still pretty solid as well.

    Daz 3d Human History (also in its original state of writing - to be continued) is currently only looking at the Victoria side of things, but really helps to show how incredibly good Daz 3d human figures looked right from their very first offering, Victoria, the Millennium Woman, who took the Poser industry by storm! 

    Victoria 8.1+ (who isn't in that article yet) is a figure to behold, for sure. She is capable of accepting a bit more of a professional approach to animation and HD rendering, right out of the box. But looking at how Victoria 1 (upgraded to 2) looks in her default, low rez form, she's quite a beauty and is extremely poseable/animatable. Add to that some high resolution textures and she's still a great figure!

    Genesis 1 Rocks! is the workflow I'm on now - mostly because of all of the generation 4 support products I've collected, especially including fairly expensive (to me) animated poses and aniBlocks, etc., which all still work, at least for the most part on Genesis. Since switching Rosie and Dart to Genesis, I've also finally picked up some of my favorite generation 3 costumes to try, and they work Great on Genesis! 

    With GenX2 and the plethora of clone shapes, I'm able to use any generation of Daz human while still sticking with Genesis 1, which I love! Just enough modern technology to really make a huge difference in my work, while being early enough to have compatibility with literally anything. I'm in the middle of the best times I've ever had with 3d human figure animation!

    By

    Dartanbeck Dartanbeck April 2021 in Carrara Discussion
  • Genesis 8.1 eyelashes and tear create black spots

    Hi,

    in my render of Victoria 8.1 i get black spots on the forehead.

    The female eyelashes and female tear both seem to be responsible for that. When i switch both off, the spots are gone. I see the spots only in the iray render not in the iray preview.

    Any ideas to solve that?

    Greetings... Zapp

    By

    zapp99 zapp99 April 2021 in New Users
  • New User needing general help

    I saw a conversation on here the other day about character load times and how adding morphs affects them, and I was just wondering; (1) is there anyway to save out a character clone with just specific morphs applied (Victoria 8 as example) and (2) is there any advantage (specifically being able to load more characters into a single scene/would there be a pc resource usage difference and would it be slight, mild, or vast)?

    Just to clarify, I want to keep my morphable Genesis 8 Female (intact and) as is (with all newly purchased morphs added to the base): untouched. My question is about creating a secondary clone, with (for example) only Victoria 8's morphs (with no need to be able to morph her any further). I wonder if export/importing her as an .obj would do it or if there is a better method (and if it's worth doing)?
     

    Thanks 

    By

    GuyGenesis GuyGenesis April 2021 in New Users
  • all my genesis models loads with a bad morphs (body and face)

    Hello,

    I will try my best to explain my problem :

    Due to a heavy hard drive crash, I had to reinstall my DS, (last version, via DIM), on a brand new hard drive, copied my libraries in the right folder, and it launches perfectly, (just a bit slower than before but, this not the problem), I have to say that everything worked fine on the previous install, but now,everytime I load a genesis model, (at least a genesis 8 model, even the base genesis 8.0 victoria, I haven't tried genesis 3 yet) it comes with a general morph (body and face) and the model is just litterally awfull, no matter witch genesis 8 model I load even a new project from scratch, it has the same morph...

    is there a way to remove this damn morph, or at least reset the base figure to recover the right genesis 8 model at loading ? (please don't tell me to reinstall, I have a slow internet connection and it took me days to finish this install...please...please...please)

    any ideas or help will be appreciated, thanks in advance for your help.

    I'll post a picture of the bad morph tonight if you want.

    By

    b-slayer b-slayer April 2021 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • Best animation software to work with Daz
    ber_pc7_9b5e08e686 said:

    tsarist said:

    I use Carrara. It can handle Daz characters and props natively (Vicky & Mike 1-6). It can also handle Poser people (Poser 3-7). Props, buildings, cars, etc work fine in Carrara. This includes many new buildings & props.

     

    It has a powerful animation system built in and you can also use aniblocks.

     

    It has a batch render function that allows you to set up a series of renders at one time. Set it & forget it.

     

    I have been using it for years and will keep using it. It's available here in the Daz marketplace.

    Thanks I'll also do some tests in Carrara, but you mean you can only use natively the older versions of victoria and michael but not 7 and 8? that's a shame

    There IS a way to use Gen 7 characters, but it isn't terribly easy... https://tinyurl.com/3pa6zr4y

    By

    tsarist tsarist April 2021 in The Commons
  • Best animation software to work with Daz

    tsarist said:

    I use Carrara. It can handle Daz characters and props natively (Vicky & Mike 1-6). It can also handle Poser people (Poser 3-7). Props, buildings, cars, etc work fine in Carrara. This includes many new buildings & props.

     

    It has a powerful animation system built in and you can also use aniblocks.

     

    It has a batch render function that allows you to set up a series of renders at one time. Set it & forget it.

     

    I have been using it for years and will keep using it. It's available here in the Daz marketplace.

    Thanks I'll also do some tests in Carrara, but you mean you can only use natively the older versions of victoria and michael but not 7 and 8? that's a shame

    By

    ber_pc7_9b5e08e686 ber_pc7_9b5e08e686 April 2021 in The Commons
  • Render problem with FWSA Elizabeth

    I'm having trouble making renders with this particular Genesis 8 female character:  https://www.daz3d.com/fwsa-elizabeth-hd-for-victoria-8

    Here's a sample render of her.

    image

    As you can see, she looks mostly fine - except for some pixelated bits on her face, hands, toes, and a few fireflies on her eye.  I can normally fix such problems, by increasing the Nominal Luminance.  However, when I try doing that with this particular character, she ends up looking like this.  (This is with the Nominal Luminance set to 2.)

    image

    And I know the problem isn't on my end, because no other character ever does that, when I render them - no matter what I set the Nominal Luminance to.

     

    By

    JStryker47 JStryker47 April 2021 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • List of new characters with PBR Shader skin...

    fastbike1 said:

    Did you not read anything about the Genesis 8.1 models? The PBR shaders for Genesis 8.1 are based on different UVs and shaders than the Iray Uber based shaders of Genesis 8. I don't believe there is any implication vis s vis the previous Iray shaders other than these have a different UV and base shader. PRetty clearly just to differentiate for the previous generation.

    margrave said:

    All Iray skin shaders are PBR materials.

    Physically-based rendering just means (in its simplest form) that a material has some combination of roughness/metallic/specular/normal/bump maps to determine how much light its surface should reflect.

    Daz has released an updated skin shader, but it isn't any more "PBR" than the Iray skins released five years ago.

    Please disabuse yourself of Daz's marketing hype.

    Iray is a physically-based render engine, and all MDL shaders are, by definition, PBR shaders.  They should have come up with a proper name to distinguish it.  It's as if they had called Victoria 8.1 "Victoria 3D".

    By

    Sevrin Sevrin April 2021 in The Commons
  • The My Bucket's Got a Hole In It Complaint thread

    I've had a break from Daz. But now I've gone back to work on my main character, I swear she's starting to look like Victoria Beckham/Posh Spice. Which for me, isn't a problem. She's still my favourite Spice Girl. I just don't want to end up being sued by her because of the likeness. ^^'

    An asthma nurse put me on steroid tablets. My head feels so messed up. I hope I'm not going to have a night like last night. Happy one minute, then bawling my eyes out the next... And that's on four tablets in one day. She must be kind of insane if she thinks I'm going to take eight. My Mum seems to think the nurse is trying to make up for the fact that I have severe asthma, and I've had no help since the pandemic began.

    Urgh! Here comes another headache... sad

     

    By

    N-RArts N-RArts April 2021 in The Commons
  • Brooke 8.1... Yes, finally ! ! !

    Regardless of the random assortment of stuff in her bundles,I think she is a fantastic mode. I was a bit suprised when Victoria 8. I came out,and she was only 5' 8.  Next Cleopatra came out and she was 5’ 4",and White Priestess is only 5' 7"!  Now with the 5' 6" Brooke, it looks like we may finally be done with the endless stream of 6' supermodels! 

    On a side note, I am in love with Brooke's "imperfect" body shape。

    Keep up the good work Daz.  As long as we keep getting more diverse body shapes for the core Genesis 8.1 models, they will all be day one purchases for me. 

    By

    JamesJAB JamesJAB April 2021 in The Commons
  • The Newest Evolution Is Here: The Daz Season Pass!

    Cybersox said:

    CHWT said:

    plot twist: the 2nd figure blows every previous figure out of the water. Not being sarcastic. That really might happen if DAZ really takes customers comment seriously this time.

    If they had something like that, which seems highly unlikely, given that the very nature of the Season Pass concept is based on the idea of selling a larger amount of unknown sell quantity over a proven amount of proven quality.

    That said, I note that DAZ did just jack up the extra SP discount on the second Brooke bundle from 35% to 50% off... which only has six items versus the first one's seven.   

    They basically turned this Brooke set into two starter bundles for more than the old starter bundles cost, and with no discounts on the bundles for buying the add-ons.
    The two August 8.1 bundles were both old starter size for $74.95. (Ended up paying around $40 for both.)
    The Victoria 8.1 University Bundle was $149.95 with the figure and 11 items. (under $50)
    The Victoria 8.1 Loving Life Bundle was 139.95 with the figure and 8 items. (under $40)
    Both of which I got discounts on the bundles by buying add-ons.
    The Swimsuit Fashion Bundle by The Diigitals and LavieByCk for $135.95 actually had two figures – and good discounts for already having some of the 13 pieces. (under $40)
    The Michael 8.1 cost more and didn’t offer what I was interested in, so I can’t say what savings they may have offered.

    I’m not quite sure what their game plan is with Brooke and the next four, but as played so far I’ll have to pass on them for now.

    By

    allenfesler_2df6b6e506 allenfesler_2df6b6e506 April 2021 in The Commons
  • Brooke 8.1... Yes, finally ! ! !

    outrider42 said:

    This sure seems like a very strange way to start off the big Daz season pass. LOL.

    I like the concept of variety of body shapes, but not so much the execution. The biggest problem is the skin looks so very bad on her in many of her shots. The pic of Brook with BJ Naomi skin should be embarrassing to every single person in the building (or working remotely) for Daz. Just imagine if Brook looked something like that, she would sell so much better. People would be celebrating their season passes. You guys need to figure this out. Victoria 8.1 had OK skin and appeared to signal a tiny step forward in that regard. But after that we have had cartoonish skins and sand paper. I mean, I can look at my own skin, the skin of a man, and see that my skin is FAR more smooth than poor Brook's. Why is Brook's skin so bumpy? I know this sounds harsh, but for crying out loud this is really getting bad. Stop it. Instead of trying to pump out content for the sake of content you seriously need to focus on the quality of the content. This is getting out of hand.

    Daz core characters should be setting the standard for what Daz Genesis can be. If you guys want me to buy core characters, you need to make good core characters. It really should not be that hard. I don't know if it is time restraints pushing people to get these out the door or what, but the end result is not good. Core characters are becoming a joke.

    Quality products will sell. I believe quality products will sell better than marketing a season pass for less than stellar products. Is such an idea crazy talk?

    Is what I am saying wrong? Am I wrong in this assessment? While some people seem to like Brook, there are a lot of comments regarding some element of questionable quality in this bundle, even from people that like her.

    And that doesn't even touch the completely wack backstory on this character and how her bundle makes no logical sense whatsoever, or the pricing of everything.

    I was quite impressed with Brook but now that you have pointed this out I have gone back and looked at all of the promo pics and, yes, that skin is a moon map after an asteroid shower. Nevertheless, I commonly switch between skins on characters so I'm sure people will be repeating the Naomi switch (and other very nice skins available). I rarely buy new products, even with the New discount, because I'm happy to wait for later sales and bigger discounts but Brook will join my select band of characters at some point.

    By

    marble marble April 2021 in The Commons
  • Brooke 8.1... Yes, finally ! ! !

    This sure seems like a very strange way to start off the big Daz season pass. LOL.

    I like the concept of variety of body shapes, but not so much the execution. The biggest problem is the skin looks so very bad on her in many of her shots. The pic of Brook with BJ Naomi skin should be embarrassing to every single person in the building (or working remotely) for Daz. Just imagine if Brook looked something like that, she would sell so much better. People would be celebrating their season passes. You guys need to figure this out. Victoria 8.1 had OK skin and appeared to signal a tiny step forward in that regard. But after that we have had cartoonish skins and sand paper. I mean, I can look at my own skin, the skin of a man, and see that my skin is FAR more smooth than poor Brook's. Why is Brook's skin so bumpy? I know this sounds harsh, but for crying out loud this is really getting bad. Stop it. Instead of trying to pump out content for the sake of content you seriously need to focus on the quality of the content. This is getting out of hand.

    Daz core characters should be setting the standard for what Daz Genesis can be. If you guys want me to buy core characters, you need to make good core characters. It really should not be that hard. I don't know if it is time restraints pushing people to get these out the door or what, but the end result is not good. Core characters are becoming a joke.

    Quality products will sell. I believe quality products will sell better than marketing a season pass for less than stellar products. Is such an idea crazy talk?

    Is what I am saying wrong? Am I wrong in this assessment? While some people seem to like Brook, there are a lot of comments regarding some element of questionable quality in this bundle, even from people that like her.

    And that doesn't even touch the completely wack backstory on this character and how her bundle makes no logical sense whatsoever, or the pricing of everything.

    By

    outrider42 outrider42 April 2021 in The Commons
Previous Next
Adding to Cart…

Daz 3D is part of Tafi

Connect

DAZ Productions, Inc.
7533 S Center View Ct #4664
West Jordan, UT 84084

HELP

Contact Us

Tutorials

Help Center

Sell Your 3D Content

Affiliate Program

Documentation Center

Open Source

Consent Preferences

JOIN DAZ

Memberships

Blog

About Us

Press

Careers

Bridges

Community

In the Studio

Gallery

Forum

DAZ STORE

Shop

Freebies

Published Artists

Licensing Agreement | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | EULA

© 2026 Daz Productions Inc. All Rights Reserved.