-
ERC Freeze for Rotations, or for morphs only?
I am trying to create a single dial that will control the rotations on a few upper face rig bones.
I dial them in how I want, and then I thought I ERC Freeze them into a dial and save as a morph asset...but they don't show up?
I pick Property Hierachry, right click G8F, Set node to G8f, and do basically this process, but the dialed in stuff does not show.
Is ERC Freeze only for morphs? Is there a similar to control multiple bone rotations?
Morphs from G3 to G8Question: Am I not even supposed to dial in the source character morph? Do I just favorite it at value 0?
For now yes. Technical reason is a property has two states. Modified and unmodified. When modified, properties sometimes shift their link from assetUri to assetSource. This can cause the script to fail, though I've taken steps to prevent that. I'm just not sure I've taken all the steps, so fr now, don't dial in the morph.
The script gets the morph data from the source, so it's never necessary to dial it. In the end this pesk don't change things issue will, hopefully, also be eliminated, but I need to do a more careful survey of all the points where that can come up in the script and make sure those bases are covered, As of now, I only have two of them.
Edit: To be clear, this is don't change anything about the figure, no always have the figure at 0. If you changed something an changed it back, the state is still modified. Load at base. Select, mark favorite. THat's it. if you did anything else it may fail. and the only way to be sure you are starting fresh is to close Studio and reopen. The way studio caches data leads to weird things happening if you don't restart. I've had issues with it even after opening new scenes.Morphs from G3 to G8Question: Am I not even supposed to dial in the source character morph? Do I just favorite it at value 0?
You are supposed to load the base G8F or G8M or G3F or G3M and leave both the position and morph / pose / other dials & settings untouched.
There are a couple of morphs that load dialed in on some of the base Genesis figures though, like the navel. Should those be dialed out to the unmorphed value?
Morphs from G3 to G8Question: Am I not even supposed to dial in the source character morph? Do I just favorite it at value 0?
Genesis 3 poses to Genesis 8?The PAs were given at one point when G8 first came out a utility to convert G8 to the G3 "t" pose to help with content creation, and I'm really surprised it never occured to me that we could be using said utility (which is essentially what these morph dials are) to be a conduit for folk to use the G3 poses on G8. D'oh!!
So thaaaaaat's why no PA released this. It got pitched as a top secret content making tool first. I've been wondering for a long time.

(I bet the PA tool doesn't acount for rotation in bent leg poses, though.)
You know, I haven't really looked to see if the PA tool does or not. I really didn't have much use for it because I haven't made a lot of outfits and it was being pitched to the clothing makers in our midst. Had I known (or even thought to think very hard on this) that it could also be applied for pose making, I'd be able to speak to this for certain.
Full snaps to you for making this available, agent unawares. You can color me jealous that you thought to do this. Brilliant on your part, for sure!!
Genesis 3 poses to Genesis 8?The PAs were given at one point when G8 first came out a utility to convert G8 to the G3 "t" pose to help with content creation, and I'm really surprised it never occured to me that we could be using said utility (which is essentially what these morph dials are) to be a conduit for folk to use the G3 poses on G8. D'oh!!
So thaaaaaat's why no PA released this. It got pitched as a top secret content making tool first. I've been wondering for a long time.

(I bet the PA tool doesn't acount for rotation in bent leg poses, though.)
A Stranger Character MorphNice morph, I've seen the whole show and it is great. Thanks
MimicMolly's Renders & WIPsMore FaceGen Demo fun. This time I attempted to recreate Pharah from Overwatch, because she's one of my friends's favorite characters from that game.

Originally, I had tried to do it with the game model, but she was too stylized in design and it just looked very bad. Then, I decided to try using actual people, in this case a profile pic of Kim Kardashian and two side pictures of Gal Gadot, just to see if I could attain a closer likeness to the character. After the generated result, I tweaked it a bit (mostly the nose and mouth) and exported it. Here's my results rendered in 3Delight.


My only complaint with these two shapes I made is that the faces are too narrow than what I'd like, so she doesn't quite look like the character as I'd hope. So I could either correct this with other head morphs or I can import this shape into Sculptris and attempt to edit it without symmetry. (From other posts, adding symmetry messes up the .OBJ's vertices and anything edited can't be imported as a morph. And yes, I know this is true because I tried to make another shape with Sculptris and it didn't let me import it.)
The No Complaint too Trivial Complaint Threadmy 8 core is currently in redwood, wa
starting its transcontinental journeyi slept 12 hours in a row, woke up at 2:47pm mike gulf
1 martini can zonks out so much?still struggling withe victoria 8 morph in carrara.
can understand a rigging prob, but! this is just a plain old morph
why o why o why would a morph miss verts,
every g8f morphs miss the same few nailbed verts on 3 toeserc's another hit or miss.
pose control erc on genesisesesess work fine, but not on incantoo skeleton,
my creaky watery old eyes arent detecting differences in the file syntax. rotationYWhat's your favorite redhead model/skin?I'm thinking about buying a new model to play a cute, spunky Irish-descended redhead in a project. (I previously picked up Ysabeau but I'm not quite happy with her transfer to G3.) Any suggestions for a good base/starting point?
Hi,
Celestia by @Mousso makes a really nice redhead! Celestia comes in both G3 & G8 versions. One other that I use frequently is Peaches and Capris by Draagonstorm. The skin is really wonderful for a redhead with more golden skin tones and freckles.
Edit: Aibell as suggested by @Plant and Raiya's Georgia suggested by @Jardine are also great redheads.
Tricia
Are Girl 7 & Guy 7 compatible with Genesis 8?Also Girl 8 & Guy 8 are likely to be released by DAZ this month.
That's speculation by some forum users but there's absolutely no guarantee it will happen.
They are likely to look very similar if not outright be the same models transferred by a similar process as what that script does.
None of the new versions of a named shape has ever been just a transfer of the previous version, they've always been different characters with a similar style.
Ultimate Natural Bend Morphs for Olympia 7Brilliant! The main character in my current story uses 55% Olympia 7 body, and I was about to start my own thread asking how much of her is needed to activate a visible morph change until I found this thread by you. Excellent hint, and thank you for championing this vendor's work.
Thanks, I'm overjoyed that I was able to help someone out on this! And yeah, I'm a big fan of this vendor, as they have improved V7's morphs with Olympia's, can't wait to see what they've learned with the Generation 8 characters!
I'm really impressed as they have learned a lot of strict anatomy in order to apply it to these characters specific towards their individual physiques! A lot of PAs go the artistic route, (While stylistically appealing in it's own right) rather than a strict anatomy much like the old masters of fine arts such as Davinci/Michelangelo; as it is much harder to learn, and you need a lot of discipline to sculpt the form as effectively, as the human/animal body is the most difficult to accurately pull off if you want any realism to your sculpts!
I actually use V7 quite a bit mixed in with other characters and, like OP, I'm able to use the morphs just fine. It really brings those muscles to life with beautifully crafted bends! The only reason why I'm not jumping on Olympia is because I don't even think I have the figure D:. I was actually hoping to see a Michael 7 version, since I render more guys than girls.
Unfortunately, there are none of these morphs for the male figures, though you can definitely transfer the V7/JCM morphs over the M7 and simply use my method described above for a 25% V7/75% M7 combo!
Genesis 3 poses to Genesis 8?I'll give that a shot and see if it works. Thanks!
Oh, and @ Those Things - no, these morph dials won't help with converting expressions. They're only set up to move the bones in the G8 figure's bodies to match those of the G3 figures. There isn't any data/dial information included in the set that covers the face bones.
That being said, I think the face bones (or expression bones if you will) are similar enough between G8 and G3 that you might be able to get away with using the G3 "one click"/"one button" expression sets on G8. There is a way to get the morph dial information from G3 into G8 when it comes to the slider dial expression sets, but that's contingent upon how comfortable you are with mucking about in the back end of the files.
The No Complaint too Trivial Complaint Threadg8f ktarya in carrara


couple more things to solve before i can use g8f in my carrara movie.
g8m does not have the toe morph problem g8f is giving.
She has quite the underbite!
Dana
hickee >.< lol
Genesis 3 poses to Genesis 8?It doesn't handle hierarchical poses that are based on G3. I don't know if the store bought converter would handle hierarchical poses or not.
Since the metadata for the G3 poses don't list G8 as a compatible figure, the G3 poses don't show up in Smart Content when G8 is selected in the Scene pane when you have filter by context checked. However, the pose converter that I bought in the store didn't create any metadata for the converted pose files either, so that was no better.
No, given how hierarchical poses are built, it doesn't surprise me that the G3 ones won't work on the G8 figures. For those you'd need G8 specific HPPs, and as of yet, I haven't heard of any converters for HPPs.
I totally get the reasons for liking these dial adaptations. It's pretty dang clever, if you ask me, and I'm kicking myself that I didn't think of it first. Lol. (And of course, now if I come up with a similar product, I'll look like I'm being derivative, and that's not cool.) The PAs were given at one point when G8 first came out a utility to convert G8 to the G3 "t" pose to help with content creation, and I'm really surprised it never occured to me that we could be using said utility (which is essentially what these morph dials are) to be a conduit for folk to use the G3 poses on G8. D'oh!!
What's your favorite redhead model/skin?I'm thinking about buying a new model to play a cute, spunky Irish-descended redhead in a project. (I previously picked up Ysabeau but I'm not quite happy with her transfer to G3.) Any suggestions for a good base/starting point?
Daz to Blender as .obj - maddeningI use blender from time to time. My setup is I choose the default Daz Studio export preset. And do the right settings within the blender import options.
I have made a screenshot for you fellows trying to import obj files from DS into blender. Even if it looks like the Operator Pesets cant be saved you have to check these options everytime you open up blender.
Orignaly posted here: Morph Loader Pro doesn't morph to a shrinkwrap effect???
Morphs from G3 to G8Okay. This might be something I can fix. At least it is something I can test.
There's an issue with regular expressions. My guess is they are running case sensitive, thought they should not be. But this tells me the exact point where the script is breaking down, and shows it is pulling the correct info from connect. the issue is reading the line of data, and (As I said) I thought I'd covered that. This is first real piece of connect data I've seen, so it will help me pin down what I assumed incorrectly.Let me know if I can do anything else to help from my end!
There is!
Find attached replacements for Prototype and PrototypeVerbose.
Replace your current prototype.dse with both of these files. Set up a previously failed transfer and run PrototypeVerbose.dse (I'm expecting failure but I want to see what fails). Post up log, even if it works. If it does work, you can continue testing with Prototype.dse to save your poor log file.
FYI, it will be a while before I can hope to tackle the nail issue.I tested again FW Aran HD for Genesis 3 Male (selected the body as favorite) with the verbose script (didn't transfer. Gave me: "An error ocurred while reading the file"). I'm attaching the log. Let me know if you'd like me to try it with another product (in case you need the extra data).
Regarding Phillipa's nails, the good thing is that they are actually a separate morph, so anyone's still able to use her fine :).
Dreaming of a Supersuit...As long as we're dreaming . . .
I still like and use the Genesis Supersuit as well as Joe Quick's Golden Age suit for M4, which comes with a great selection of capes, cowls, belts, and so forth. I know a lot of people don't like the endless materials zones on the Genesis Supersuit, and I will grant that it can be a pain to texture each of those from scratch. But if you want something that is endlessly customizable, I think you really do have to have lots and lots of zones. What annoys me about many supersuit-style packages is that the ears of the hero stick out, but RawArt's NoSuits have a very useful ears-in morph thank goodness.
So, to me, a G8 suit would be a good, basic update of the Genesis suit, but with an eye toward providing the types of accessories that Joe Quick did.
Ultimate Natural Bend Morphs for Olympia 7Can these morphs be used on other Genesis 3 Female figures or is it somehow locked to just Olympia 7?
I use a trick to use the morphs with most of my characters while only using 25% of V7/Olyp7! First I select all the morphs in the set via the Edit mode for the parameter menu, then set the min/max to 4.00...I can then use 25% of either Olympia or V7's and still use Ultimate Morphs when 75% other characters are dialed in! All I need to do is dial the UNMorphs to 125-150 depending how much of the effect I want to have!
Brilliant! The main character in my current story uses 55% Olympia 7 body, and I was about to start my own thread asking how much of her is needed to activate a visible morph change until I found this thread by you. Excellent hint, and thank you for championing this vendor's work.
















