• Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3D Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
    • Game Ready
  • Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions
  • Download Studio
  • Menu
  • Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3d Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
  • Community
    • Our Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

Loading...
Daz 3D Forums > Search
  • Early Access to Jacqueline 8.1?
    The Blurst of Times said:

    Well, this second bundle is more what I want in terms of outfits & whatever.

    I can't say I have a lot of use for hippie/Boho, although I have a bit of that already.

    Sci fi/fantasy is more of what I'm doing right now, so this second bundle fits my interest.

    EDIT: In my cart at $30.60 due to the SP orange banner plus another banner for owning a Victoria 8.1 bundle.

    THIS Bundle is MUCH more to my liking. I really like the Betty Bot outfit.I guess Daz doesn't love me anymore because I got NO Banner!

    By

    tsarist tsarist April 2021 in The Commons
  • NEW 2021 Sales thread: Report Issues Here "There's Always Another Sale™"

    Wonderland said:

    Twatchdog79 said:

    Wonderland said:

    watchdog79 said:

    Wonderland said:

    I think I’ve fallen completely off Daz’s radar. Haven’t gotten an orange banner in ages or emails except purchase confirmations. How do I get back on the mailing list? Or did they stop sending out promos by email? 

    I got an orange banner for 30% off today's bundles because I bought one of Victoria 8.1 bundles.

    Oh, I didn’t buy that. Because the deal was bad and I didn’t get an orange banner. But it seems everyone is getting these gift card codes (and I bought a ton of gift cards) and orange banners, sometimes email coupons and I don’t even get regular promo emails. I didn’t even get the banner for the silver Pass others got (not that I would have gotten it.) Feels like they just dropped me, I used to get tons of orange banners and when they stopped coming, I stopped buying bundles. I normally totally would have gotten the Jacqueline hippy bundle, but $58 for less than what used to be in starter bundles? There’s just no incentive. Oh well, I have more than enough content. If they don’t want to give me discounts, I just won’t buy anything. Maybe I complain too much in the forums so they just dropped me as customer! 

    Are you subscribed to Daz newsletter?

    No. I used to be but it stopped. How do I sign up? 

     I checked and I found out that don't know. Maybe someone from Daz can help here? Perhaps a ticket would solve it?

    By

    watchdog79 watchdog79 April 2021 in The Commons
  • NEW 2021 Sales thread: Report Issues Here "There's Always Another Sale™"

    Wonderland said:

    Twatchdog79 said:

    Wonderland said:

    watchdog79 said:

    Wonderland said:

    I think I’ve fallen completely off Daz’s radar. Haven’t gotten an orange banner in ages or emails except purchase confirmations. How do I get back on the mailing list? Or did they stop sending out promos by email? 

    I got an orange banner for 30% off today's bundles because I bought one of Victoria 8.1 bundles.

    Oh, I didn’t buy that. Because the deal was bad and I didn’t get an orange banner. But it seems everyone is getting these gift card codes (and I bought a ton of gift cards) and orange banners, sometimes email coupons and I don’t even get regular promo emails. I didn’t even get the banner for the silver Pass others got (not that I would have gotten it.) Feels like they just dropped me, I used to get tons of orange banners and when they stopped coming, I stopped buying bundles. I normally totally would have gotten the Jacqueline hippy bundle, but $58 for less than what used to be in starter bundles? There’s just no incentive. Oh well, I have more than enough content. If they don’t want to give me discounts, I just won’t buy anything. Maybe I complain too much in the forums so they just dropped me as customer! 

    Are you subscribed to Daz newsletter?

    No. I used to be but it stopped. How do I sign up? 

    We recommend filing a ticket.

    By

    Cris Palomino Cris Palomino April 2021 in The Commons
  • NEW 2021 Sales thread: Report Issues Here "There's Always Another Sale™"

    Twatchdog79 said:

    Wonderland said:

    watchdog79 said:

    Wonderland said:

    I think I’ve fallen completely off Daz’s radar. Haven’t gotten an orange banner in ages or emails except purchase confirmations. How do I get back on the mailing list? Or did they stop sending out promos by email? 

    I got an orange banner for 30% off today's bundles because I bought one of Victoria 8.1 bundles.

    Oh, I didn’t buy that. Because the deal was bad and I didn’t get an orange banner. But it seems everyone is getting these gift card codes (and I bought a ton of gift cards) and orange banners, sometimes email coupons and I don’t even get regular promo emails. I didn’t even get the banner for the silver Pass others got (not that I would have gotten it.) Feels like they just dropped me, I used to get tons of orange banners and when they stopped coming, I stopped buying bundles. I normally totally would have gotten the Jacqueline hippy bundle, but $58 for less than what used to be in starter bundles? There’s just no incentive. Oh well, I have more than enough content. If they don’t want to give me discounts, I just won’t buy anything. Maybe I complain too much in the forums so they just dropped me as customer! 

    Are you subscribed to Daz newsletter?

    No. I used to be but it stopped. How do I sign up? 

    By

    Wonderland Wonderland April 2021 in The Commons
  • NEW 2021 Sales thread: Report Issues Here "There's Always Another Sale™"

    Wonderland said:

    watchdog79 said:

    Wonderland said:

    I think I’ve fallen completely off Daz’s radar. Haven’t gotten an orange banner in ages or emails except purchase confirmations. How do I get back on the mailing list? Or did they stop sending out promos by email? 

    I got an orange banner for 30% off today's bundles because I bought one of Victoria 8.1 bundles.

    Oh, I didn’t buy that. Because the deal was bad and I didn’t get an orange banner. But it seems everyone is getting these gift card codes (and I bought a ton of gift cards) and orange banners, sometimes email coupons and I don’t even get regular promo emails. I didn’t even get the banner for the silver Pass others got (not that I would have gotten it.) Feels like they just dropped me, I used to get tons of orange banners and when they stopped coming, I stopped buying bundles. I normally totally would have gotten the Jacqueline hippy bundle, but $58 for less than what used to be in starter bundles? There’s just no incentive. Oh well, I have more than enough content. If they don’t want to give me discounts, I just won’t buy anything. Maybe I complain too much in the forums so they just dropped me as customer! 

    Are you subscribed to Daz newsletter?

    By

    watchdog79 watchdog79 April 2021 in The Commons
  • NEW 2021 Sales thread: Report Issues Here "There's Always Another Sale™"

    watchdog79 said:

    Wonderland said:

    I think I’ve fallen completely off Daz’s radar. Haven’t gotten an orange banner in ages or emails except purchase confirmations. How do I get back on the mailing list? Or did they stop sending out promos by email? 

    I got an orange banner for 30% off today's bundles because I bought one of Victoria 8.1 bundles.

    Oh, I didn’t buy that. Because the deal was bad and I didn’t get an orange banner. But it seems everyone is getting these gift card codes (and I bought a ton of gift cards) and orange banners, sometimes email coupons and I don’t even get regular promo emails. I didn’t even get the banner for the silver Pass others got (not that I would have gotten it.) Feels like they just dropped me, I used to get tons of orange banners and when they stopped coming, I stopped buying bundles. I normally totally would have gotten the Jacqueline hippy bundle, but $58 for less than what used to be in starter bundles? There’s just no incentive. Oh well, I have more than enough content. If they don’t want to give me discounts, I just won’t buy anything. Maybe I complain too much in the forums so they just dropped me as customer! 

    By

    Wonderland Wonderland April 2021 in The Commons
  • NEW 2021 Sales thread: Report Issues Here "There's Always Another Sale™"

    Wonderland said:

    I think I’ve fallen completely off Daz’s radar. Haven’t gotten an orange banner in ages or emails except purchase confirmations. How do I get back on the mailing list? Or did they stop sending out promos by email? 

    I got an orange banner for 30% off today's bundles because I bought one of Victoria 8.1 bundles.

    By

    watchdog79 watchdog79 April 2021 in The Commons
  • Early Access to Jacqueline 8.1?

    Well, this second bundle is more what I want in terms of outfits & whatever.

    I can't say I have a lot of use for hippie/Boho, although I have a bit of that already.

    Sci fi/fantasy is more of what I'm doing right now, so this second bundle fits my interest.

    EDIT: In my cart at $30.60 due to the SP orange banner plus another banner for owning a Victoria 8.1 bundle.

    By

    The Blurst of Times The Blurst of Times April 2021 in The Commons
  • Color matching for Victoria 8.1 PBR

    First, I wanted to say I have been using the Victoria 8.1 character and it's been great! I only have one issue, and I know WHY it happens, but I need to figure out how to correct it.

    When I have a scene with Victoria 8.1 and other character(s), the PBR shader on Victoria 8.1 is really REALLY red. I understand that perhaps that's just how skin works and it may well be better than the uber shader, but it's just too different.

    Keeping V8.1 and not reverting to V8, how can I either adjust the Victoria 8.1 shader to get rid of the red color so it matches better? I'm okay with switching to uber if need be, but I'd need some hand holding - there are a ton of controls for the shader settings and this is new to me. I just want to keep V8.1 and have her match closer in color to the other characters in the scene.

    Jon

    By

    jonrowlison jonrowlison April 2021 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • do you have a favorite artist or character for eyes?

    Recently? No one, really. Used to love Rebelmommy's eyes before she retired. But you can't use Victoria 3 assets with modern figures.

    By

    rrward rrward April 2021 in The Commons
  • Vyk Marty missing files

     The missing maps for this character are detail weight maps for the new pbr shader tiled skin micro details. Otherwise the character only uses about 77 % Victoria 8.1 body morph. Skin detail you can simply disable in the surface setting so it won't matter much except for very close portraits.

     

    As for how it looks without the Vic8.1 body morph:

     

     

    On the left it`s with Victoria's body dialed in. On the right it's without it. Without the morph the body shape is less defined, more on the generic side and the breasts are larger.

     

     

    I'd say it's usable, but I'd try to substitute some other character details to make up for the loss of body definition.

    By

    PixelSploiting PixelSploiting April 2021 in The Commons
  • Early Access to Jacqueline 8.1?

    Hylas said:

    She´s pretty and she looks well made, but not particularly distinctive. I can easily think of several characters just like her, such as V8.1, Aurore, or Sonja. Easy pass for me, but good for those who like this sort of thing. God knows I can´t stop buying square jawed hunks that don´t look all that different from one another :)

    I think she’s much prettier than V8.1 but she does look pretty much like a Mousso girl and those come with HD. As I said in another thread, you can get 4 Mousso girls on sale for less than the price of this one at $22 and the deal on the bundle is awful. If this had been an old pro bundle style deal, I definitely would have gotten it, but this is just too low on content, too high in price with no decent freebie perks. $5.00 off old content I’ve picked through ages ago doesn’t cut it.  

    By

    Wonderland Wonderland April 2021 in The Commons
  • Early Access to Jacqueline 8.1?

    She´s pretty and she looks well made, but not particularly distinctive. I can easily think of several characters just like her, such as V8.1, Aurore, or Sonja. Easy pass for me, but good for those who like this sort of thing. God knows I can´t stop buying square jawed hunks that don´t look all that different from one another :)

    By

    Hylas Hylas April 2021 in The Commons
  • New! Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 14

    nonesuch00 said:

    Novica said:

    @fishtales  Yes, there definitely was a difference in the night renders!

    Are you all looking at the sale and thinking, "Are they kidding?"   Get $5 off each category?  And for me, the categories have already been picked through so much I don't even look anymore. But $5 is a joke!  

    And from comments in the forums, apparently quite a few of us got the invite to become a season pass holder. No thanks, again. 

    I didn't get the invite and it might make it sound like I don't buy much here but I do. I think they must of went out to anyone that buys almost every new bundle.

    I got the offer but I haven't seen much to make want to use it. So, still a pass for me.

    While I bought all the G8 Pro bundles I've only bought one each of the Victoria 8.l, Micheal 8.1, Cleopatra 8.1 bundles. 

    By

    Charlie Judge Charlie Judge April 2021 in Art Studio
  • RSSY Clothing Converter from Victoria 4 to Genesis 8 Female

    Since it says 0 clothing items it probably didn't recognize the clothes as such.

    You probably need to use the "force convert items" option.

     

    Also here's the official thread on that product, the PA often answers questions there: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/304091/released-rssy-clothing-converter-from-victoria-4-to-genesis-8-female-commercial

    By

    Leana Leana April 2021 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • RSSY Clothing Converter from Victoria 4 to Genesis 8 Female

    I bought the "RSSY Clothing Converter from Victoria 4 to Genesis 8 Female", but I can't get it to work.

    I want to convert the Cowgirl I outfit for V4 to G8. (https://www.renderosity.com/rr/mod/bcs/?ViewProduct=104204)

    I load a clean G8F character.

    Start the script.

    Add an output directory

    Choose the V4 clothes I want to convert, and click Execute...

    The Manual says a popup dialog box will appear during execution, and that one has to choose "General Weight Mapping" from this dialog box.

    The problem is that I get no dialog box.

    The script runs and finishes, telling me "Execution compledet in 18 secs on 0 clothing items".

    Any suggestions?

    By

    sggk sggk April 2021 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • Ten Years After - The Making of Dartanbeck.com

    DARTANBECK.COM

    Part 2

     

    DAZ ZONE

    DAZ ZONE - This is an exciting page full of my love for Daz 3D with a stroll back in time to when Genesis came out and then even further down is this wonderful video I posted years ago - Daz 3D as it was when I was an aspiring young PA here! (the face you see there (video's thumbnail) is Kevin, who was my boss! :) )

     

     

     

    Daz Content

    Daz 3D Content - Mainly just a container/landing page, but will eventually be really cool!

    • Daz 3D Human History - A stroll through the Figure Generations

    • Daz 3D Bundles - A look at the amazing wealth of content to be found in Bundles at Huge savings

    • Genesis 1 ROCKS!!! - I really dig into what I love about this amazing figure generation

    • Victoria 4 - A look at what is still (by far) the absolute Most Supported 3D articulate human figure on the planet

    • Some Personal Favorites - Kind of the opposite of "Buy something that doesn't work", this is stuff that I love, and it does work! I'll be adding a LOT more to this one as I've only just begun

    • Character Packs - a look at some of the cool Character Packs for our figures

    • Introducing Genesis 8.1 - Daz 3d takes another leap in 3D human Excellence!!!

    • Animal Kingdom

    • Animal Kingdom - Domestic Animals

    • Content Generations Conversion - Create library versions of items from any generation of Genesis to any other!

    • Carrara 8.5 Pro Content - This page shows the massive bundle that comes with Carrara 8.5 Pro. The price of Pro includes all of this plus Carrara Pro? Very Cool!

     

     

    Daz Studio

    Daz Studio - I've started this page to help gather information towards learning this amazing suite called Daz Studio. As I learn I'll be expanding this whole section, but I like this page now already. I update it when I can - several times so far.

     

     

    Daz Studio Page Quick Map

    • What is Daz Studio?

    • Master Daz Studio

    • Daz Bridges - Maya, Blender, C4D, 3ds Max, Unreal and Unity

    • Daz Bridges How To - Steph, from Daz 3D, shows you how to use them

    • dForce and New Animation Tools Demos

    • Content Creation Tools - Oh Yeah! This is what I mostly use DS for now - and even in that I've only been scratching the surface!

    • Filament PBR Engine!!! - Near-Real Time PBR viewport and rendering!

    • New Animation Features - DS 4.14 was designed with Animation in Mind!

    • Free OctaneRender for Daz Studio

     

     

    PC + Experience

    Platinum Club + Experience - It's amazing how much value we can get from this service if we check in often! Even with little internet time I've been able to really fill up my library over the years - and the yearly membership cost is tiny comparatively

    • PC+ Cloth Frenzy - I've only just started this page. Since I started using VWD and removing rigging from figures so that I can add/delete polygons, change domains, etc., stuff in the low-price range in the PC+ catalog looks great and is fun to model with! I am working on a tutorial on how I make the clothing into static prop objects and then model them to fit the morphed figure, then run them through VWD as if using them as conforming clothes. It's really neat!

    Bridging Technology - A new leap in workflow design and implementation

    • Mimic Lip Sync

    • Rosie 5.5

     

    Blender Zone

    Blender Zone

    • Royal Skies LLC

    • Diffeomorphic

    • Diffeomorphic DAZ Importer

     

     

    DO IT IN POST

    VFX Zone > Fusion - Movie Magic at its Finest! Hollywood-grade compositing software

    Editing Zone > DaVinci Resolve - This page contains the Resolve Training materials I'm using to learn this Hollywood-grade Non-Linear Editor - and the free version also includes Fusion, built right in! (along with Fairlight Audio and Resolve's high-end color corrector)

    • A Quick Look - This is my short demonstration of some of the techniques I used to create the "Introducing Rosie 5" video

     

     

    GALLERY

    Gallery - This landing page also has a carousel of some of my images you've all seen before. The Still Images and Video pages are very much incomplete still

    • Videos

      • Artemis Knight

    • Still Images

     

     

    Inspiration

    • STAR WARS

    • The Witcher

    • Alita Battle Angel - has some missing videos that have been taken down - must fix

      • Homage Corner

      • Industrial Light & Magic (ILM)

      • Inspirations - Weta Digital

     

     

    ​Downloads

    • Starry Sky for Carrara

    • Carrara EnvironKits

    • Woodlands

    • Underwater Realms

    • Badlands

    • dB Animation Kits

    Base Scenes

    • Base Scene

    • dB's Character Template Scene

     

     

    THE SOFTWARE

    The Software - I've included most of what I'm currently using and more. I still have plenty of stuff to add though. HitFilm will be coming to this page, and getting its own but I haven't used in yet in my current workflow - but its coming! Some software is just linked to from this page, others have their own as well:

    • Cyberlink Software - Great setups for video production and a lot more. Philip Staiger (PD Howler) uses this to make his awesome videos

    • Autodesk - With as little time as I have to use software, this high-end stuff isn't the practical choice. But when you want to go pro....

    • PD Howler - Oh yeah!!! My favorite image editor to date!

    • Particle Illusion - amazing particle effects simulator/recorder, now from Boris

    Whew! So that's the current list of pages. While a few of them are rather bare, currently just containers or landing pages, they have a lot of content in the works for them and the other pages are looking pretty cool, I think.

    ...and some of my Carrara forum friends have asked my to put up a "Donate" button of some sort, so I reluctantly made a Donate page. I don't really have a method for taking donations, as such, so I offer some examples there ;)

    By

    Dartanbeck Dartanbeck April 2021 in Carrara Discussion
  • DAZ characters in SideFX Houdini

    Hi all!

    I wanted to share something I've been working on, to see if any one else is interested smiley

    I'm trying to bring DAZ content to Houdini - but not as a FBX import. Rather, my goal is to have a full, native parser for a DAZ Studio content library, directly in Houdini, with many of the same features found in DAZ Studio.

    The primary reason for tackling this is that DAZ Studio has a huge library of characters and supporting assets, all of which are based on a few core character definitions. Having a way to import these characters into Houdini agent simulations and FX projects seems like it would be super-useful for technical / FX artists. The use of a common base character mesh, with switchable variations, means that procedural adaptation of these characters in Houdini would be very tweakable and portable, and could become a great basis for procedural workflows that can be expanded simply by adding more characters to a library from the DAZ store.

    In the current (VERY alpha) version, I have the following features working:

    • Parse a DAZ Studio Library folder of DSON files
    • Build a library of nodes, materials, geometries, UV sets, and modifiers from these DSON files
    • Parse DSX files to discover available characters
    • Select a character to load in Houdini as a Houdini Digital Asset (e.g. Victoria 8)
    • Parse the DUF scene for that selected character
    • Make connections between modifiers, channels, functions, and operators to populate the scene's properties for that selected character
    • Create a KineFX skeleton for the selected character, natively in Houdini
    • Create a bound, weighted Houdini skin geometry for that KineFX skeleton from the DAZ geometry definitions, natively in Houdini
    • Create packed primitive geometries for head and body morphs, pose and joint correction morphs, and any other geometry modifiers
    • Apply character shaping morphs and joint offsets to match each character's custom shape and skeleton
    • Apply pose and joint correction morphs in response to changes in the character's pose
    • Translate Iray materials into Mantra or Redshift materials via Houdini material stylesheets

    Of course, there's a lot that isn't supported right now:

    • Props
    • Clothing
    • Hair
    • Lights
    • Camera
    • Multiple geometries in a scene
    • Basically, anything that isn't a single skinned character

    …and the material support is still a work in progress, with some notable gaps:

    • Mantra's subsurface scattering (SSS) implementation leaves a lot to be desired
    • DAZ's volume shading for skin is hard to translate into Houdini (or at least, I'm still working on how it might translate)…

    …but nonetheless: it's a start!

    The current project is a combination of Python (for the library parsing and scene construction), Houdini digital assets (for the library node and character node), and custom Mantra / Redshift shaders.

    One thing I've been wondering is whether the "parse a library, build a scene, and resolve formulas and channels" code could be broken out into its own Python module, and possibly open-sourced for the greater good. It strikes me that this could be useful for other projects too, and I know folks on these forums have been working on bringing DAZ content to Blender via Python, as an alternative to the (already very nice) DAZ to Blender Bridge. If there's interest in making this part of the project more widely available, do let me know. Everything in that part of the code is based on a deep read of the DSON documentation, combined with a lot of trial and error, plus spelunking through a variety of real-life DSON files. (I'm immensely grateful to DAZ for making the DSON File Format Specification available - I would never have got this far without those docs as inspiration.)

    Anyway: here are a few Redshift / Houdini renders of Victoria 8 to show where things are at. Thoughts, questions, and suggestions much appreciated!

    – Dave

    By

    d2houdini d2houdini April 2021 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • Early Access to Jacqueline 8.1?

    benniewoodell said:

    Leticia said:

    The Blurst of Times said:

    Yay. More traditional fare/pretty girl in a bikini.

    Nice.

    She's not terrible, but she's so close to Vickie 8.1; I guess I'd really rather have her be a little more unique.  I'm thinking we're going to see some hippy themed bundles though, so I'm looking forward to that.  If only they weren't likely to follow recent exorbitant pricing.

    When I first loaded her into the viewport, I did groan out loud thinking she looked just like Vickie 8.1, but then when I turned on Iray and started adding the details and changing up the lighting, that groan quickly went away for me as I could see she was different. I could see myself really utilizing this character a lot actually.


    I have to agree — from a distance, she really seems super close to Victoria 8.1, but the HD details rendered in Iray add some really nice imperfection details.
    Looking forward to seeing the supporting content tomorrow...
     

    By

    Kaleb242 Kaleb242 April 2021 in The Commons
  • Updates to Store Search Launched and More Updates Coming!

    Has the "additional products used in promo images" been expanded/improved? I seem to remember there was a more restrictive limit. Here's an example.

    https://www.daz3d.com/vyk-marty-for-victoria-81

    By

    mr clam mr clam April 2021 in The Commons
Previous Next
Adding to Cart…

Daz 3D is part of Tafi

Connect

DAZ Productions, Inc.
7533 S Center View Ct #4664
West Jordan, UT 84084

HELP

Contact Us

Tutorials

Help Center

Sell Your 3D Content

Affiliate Program

Documentation Center

Open Source

Consent Preferences

JOIN DAZ

Memberships

Blog

About Us

Press

Careers

Bridges

Community

In the Studio

Gallery

Forum

DAZ STORE

Shop

Freebies

Published Artists

Licensing Agreement | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | EULA

© 2026 Daz Productions Inc. All Rights Reserved.