-
Premier Questions
I reckon this has been asked but I can't find an answer:
"Integrated export options allow you to easily transfer your Daz content directly to other popular 3D software."
Does this mean we will no longer be able to convert to Unity or Unreal in the free version from now on?
This has been a fundamental requirement in my workflow, and I invested in Daz and interactive licenses specifically because it was free to do so.Face Group issue when Transfer Utilitycrosswind said:
Well, shall we further confirm something ? So, the OBJ you've mentioned is the geo-graft which you fitted to G9 with Transfer Utility, right ? Then you imported an OBJ as a morph onto the geo-graft rather than G9 by using Morph Loader Pro, then you want to ERC Freeze on the morph, correct ?
If so, you need to firstly Adjust Rigging to Shape on the geo-graft (DO NOT unfit it !)... otherwise you'll find nothing to Freeze...
You know.....sometimes when you work to hard at something, the solution is right in front of you. PALM TO FACE.... I Was so tired that i did this once and it worked, but becuase i accidently Transferred the obj without changing the setting to Current, and i had to redo the whole process again... I Was so frustrated at that, as i finally had it working; therfore, when i transferred it again correctly, and applied the morph, I DIDNT ADJUST THE FRIGGIN BONES! AHHHHHHHHHH! No wonder the changes werent showing up! That was the missing step that my brain couldnt rememeber even though i did it 10 min before.... PALM TO FACE, PUKE IN TOILET, You get it.... WOW!
THANK YOU, THANK YOU! You are a legend and you helped me walk through it! Even though i knew what to do (initially), i just couldnt see through the fog! Thanks for being my lighthouse! Truly!
Premier QuestionsIn DIM pasting
rx::ci::^Premier -
into the filter box should show the Premier add-ons (I am told). In Daz Studio, once they are installed, you have logged in, and restarted DS, they can be accessed as folows:
Geo Sculptor shows up in the Tools menu (remember that it disables any GeoGraft's mesh hiding and won't show interpolated hairs for dForce/Strand Based Hair)
Pose converter shows up in Edit menu / Figure / Pose
Shape transfer shows up in Edit menu / Figure / Shape
DForce manager shows up in Simulation Settings pane / Manage
Render queue shows up on Render Settings pane / QueueEdited to fix error
Premier QuestionsTaoz said:
frank0314 said:
Pixel8ted said:
I'm thinking maybe based on what actually was paid....dinged for buying at steep discounts, maybe.
I believe you only get credit for what you actually paid.
Quoting DAZ_Steve:
"It's a different offer for each person. We take what you paid for the membership you currently have, see how many months of Premier that equates to, then round up (so we give you a full month of Premier instead of a partial one.)"
pity they don't factor in the ownership of the items that now apparently come free with the subscription. Some of us bought the head and body morph sets for each generation, so getting those for free doesn't really make for a reason to subscribe. but clearly the offer was designed by the accounting department to offer the least possible.
Issue with PHMEyelashesCurlI encountered an issue while saving a scene file today. At first, Daz would not let me save the file, and it directed me to check the log. The only error I saw was this:
[WARNING] :: \src\sdksource\fileoutput\dzassetoutfile.cpp(11516): No geometries match the vertex count of morph "PHMEyelashesCurl"
I was able to save the file on the second attempt, but this error showed up in the log again. Searching back through the log, I see that it crops up whenever I save a scene that includes a G8 character, male or female, although apparently today was the first time it caused a hitch when attempting to save a file. It does not appear for Genesis 8.1 characters.
Is this vertex count issue something I should worry about? If so, does anyone know how to fix it?
Premier QuestionsSo I have a personalized offer of 3 months of Premier for my Daz+ that goes to June 2025. So for Nov-Jun Daz+ I would 2x $6 off coupon for a $96 value. If I upgraded I would get 3 months of 2x $10 off coupon for a $60 value. Doesn't sound too great of deal. I am not a fan of subscription software. Biggest reason I use gimp instead of Photoshop. All of the subscription plugins I believe I already have the equivalent corresponding product purchased. The "free" bundles are all content I already own. So for this month that's a wasted bonus. I own most Pro bundles and of the ones I don't I own most of the starters instead. Making me think that it would be a while before this "bonus" would be applicable to me. Looking at the link for the bundles posted by someone these bundles are a $99.99 value. I would prefer if this "bonus" would be something like a monthly coupon that gives $100 off any 1 Pro Bundles. Much more useful for those that have acquired a lot of products. The discounts, freebies and tokens for less are nice but only make the Premier worth it if you buy frequently and remember to use them. I've probably only remember to use my Daz+ coupons about a quarter of the time I have been a member. So far not seeing much advantage for me, a long time infrequent buyer, that usually goes wild at certain sales. Edit: As others have said in this thread, if the PA only HD morph tools and strand-based hair tools were included in Premier I feel like this would be an instant upgrade for me.Increasing base resolution of objects.felis said:
You cannot change base resolution in Daz Studio.
You can export it to a 3d modeller and increase and import as a new object, that must be saved. It can reuse the original textures (if you don't extrude outside the original mesh (and don't UV unwrap)), but materials will not apply as material, as it is seen as a new object. You can copy surfaces from the original to the updated.
If satisfied with a subD division you can export that and reimport that (still as a new object).
Yeah so the question is "What software would be best for it"?
I can learn new softare, but never did any 3d modelling before so not sure what is most sensible to use. Also, how much does it cost to use/buy, which could makemake whole operation unfeasible.
Richard Haseltine said:
Using Bilnear Subdivision as the algoritm in Daz Studio, in the Mesh resolution section of the Parameters pane, will increase divisions without changing the shape.
Looking at your post again, if you are wanting to increase resolution for better collisions with a draping object rather than to drape the divided object then you can in fact use the Viewport SubD - in Simulation Settings under the Collision group. Though if you have only a single polygon for a bed mattress you will potentially need a very high number of Viewport divisions, which may make the total mesh unwieldy.
Another option for collision objects is to create a primitive with enough divisions to work (Create>New Primitive) and use that as the collision target (set it to visible in Simulation but not visible in Render, and the other way round for the actual prop - e.g. the bed).
I was wondering some of the mentioned as workaround but part of the goal is also to make it into a morph so I dont have to deal with timline in subsequent scenes. I think that limits me to a base resolution.
Expressions poses not working with 8.1PerttiA said:
Making the G8 base expressions (and any expressions that are using them) work on G8.1 requires removing dummy/placeholder expressions that are installed to G8.1 morph folders - These dummy/placeholder expression files have no other function than to prevent the base G8 expressions from loading.
The dummy/placeholder files are located in;
...\Data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female 8_1\Morphs\Daz 3D\Base Pose Head\ (255 files, can be more if you have additional DAZ expression packs)
...\Data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female 8_1\Morphs\Daz 3D\Expressions\ (24 files, can be more if you have additional DAZ expression packs)
...\Data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Male 8_1\Morphs\Daz 3D\Base Pose Head\ (255 files, can be more if you have additional DAZ expression packs)
...\Data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Male 8_1\Morphs\Daz 3D\Expressions\ (24 files, can be more if you have additional DAZ expression packs)Please make sure you are removing the files from G8.1 morph folders and not G8 morph folders.
Note 1; If you are logging in to DS and letting DAZ Connect (within DS) to install/update your content, you may have these also in an other location that has "\Data\Cloud\" in it's path
Note 2; Do not remove any files from "FACS" or "FACSExpressions" foldersThese are the files called "alias_head_*.dsf", correct?
Face Group issue when Transfer UtilityWell, shall we further confirm something ? So, the OBJ you've mentioned is the geo-graft which you fitted to G9 with Transfer Utility, right ? Then you imported an OBJ as a morph onto the geo-graft rather than G9 by using Morph Loader Pro, then you want to ERC Freeze on the morph, correct ?
If so, you need to firstly Adjust Rigging to Shape on the geo-graft (DO NOT unfit it !)... otherwise you'll find nothing to Freeze...
Face Group issue when Transfer UtilityOk let me explain. I have an OBJ that has face groups, bones are assigned. Then i use Transfer Utility, making sure to uncheck face groups on gen9 (as they will delete them if i dont), as well as check merge heirarcies, asif i dont DAZ will delete (remove) them. Transfer is completed and everything works, bones still there, face groups still intact. if i move the bones the mesh moves correctly. reset figure to zero.
I take said Geo-Graft off figure, Load a morph through Morph LP.... dial in morph.... select moprh.... go to edit....ERC and then....NOTHING, there are no indications that any thing moved, so i cant erc the bones.????? What is the deal with that???
Face Group issue when Transfer UtilityThat depends on how you set and tweaked Face Groups before rigging... As per the standard workflow, we rig firstly by letting Transfer Utility transfer Face Groups / Weight to the attachment, then refine Face Groups / weight settings as needed.
As I said, better always tweak setting after rigging... you may try with the standard workflow.
First attempt at a custom morph - broken!crosswind said:
What Blender version are you using ?
If you're using Blender 4.x +, just follow the screenshots in this thread : https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/8773366/#Comment_8773366
If you're using Blender 3.x +, never use Wavefront (.obj) (legacy) for import / export... Instead, use Wavefront (.obj) as shown in the above thread. If you insist on using the former, check Keep Vertex Order in Geometry section when exporting.
Thanks for your reply. My Blender version is 3.0.1, I thought it was more recent than that but there you go I suppose. I'm not even seeing an option for legacy obj file, it just says Wavefront (.obj), so I'm assuming that's correct. Checking out the information in your link, I thought I did have all the import/export options set as described, but I just tried creating another custom morph real quick, and it has worked correctly this time! I must have missed off some setting or another - I suspect I may have neglected to check Keep Vertex Order when importing, as in my version that option is slightly hidden away and I was doing it while making notes at the same time...... I will create an operator profile to ensure it's all correct going forward.
Thanks again!First attempt at a custom morph - broken!Hi there, I started SickleYield's custom character creation tutorial and followed the first part on creating an eye morph with blender. I'm fairly sure I followed all the steps as described, although it being more than a couple years old now, Blender has a new version and some options are changed or missing. I used the dev load model to export the initial mesh and used the unit settings she recommends. The morph is created successfully but when I activate it, the figure goes all gnarly and spiky. If I slide it all the way up, she becomes this rather cool but sinister looking black monolith. Something's clearly not right! I did some searching online but didn't find anything that helped. I'm hoping someone might know what I've done wrong here, as I've played with 3D modelling before in the past with both Blender and Maya but I'm far from an expert, and I've only been using Daz for a couple months now. Thanks!
Face Group issue when Transfer UtilityGeograph ? You mean a geo-graft or sth. else ?
If you don't want Face Groups auto transferred from Genesis figure when rigging with Transfer Utility, just uncheck Face Groups in Transfer Utility dialog...
Alternatively, always tweak Face Groups after rigging...
Face Group issue when Transfer UtilitySo i have a geograph and i am trying to keep the face groups i created for the bones... They are all listed in the Geometry editor and coorspond to the correct faces. BUT when i go and transfer utility to G9 all the face groups dissapear..... I even tried to merge heirarchies but nothing works???? this is very frustrating to say the least. Why does DAZ delete the face groups? What i mean is that they are still there, but they are zeroed out, loosing all faces to zero...
Let's appreciate/discuss today's new releases - more ongoinger threadWendyLuvsCatz said:
https://www.daz3d.com/barnabus-ragwort-character-collection
why does it need the base clothes addon?
they are just textures AFAIK
It does need... 'cause there's no new morph as well as texture maps in this collection but just a morph blending + color tweaking... etc. with Fantasy Figure and Clothes Add-On products ~~
Auto-Fit Partially Disabled in a Figure?This was a weird one (aren't they all?)
Created a new figure/morph for G8F. I saved it as both a Scene and as a Character Preset.
When I load the figure as a Scene file, everything works fine. If I try to load a non-G8F hair or clothing item, Auto Fit appears as it always does.
When I click on the character preset, Daz loads the same figure into the scene... but, if I try to fit any non G8F clothing/hair, the Auto Fit window only gives the first option ("What Figure Was the Item Originally Designed For?"). No matter what I select, the second drop-down menu ("What Type of Item is it?") remains grayed out and unselectable.
I can only assume that there's a setting gone wrong in the character preset but, for the life of me, I have no idea what it could be, or why it would affect the preset and not the scene-loaded figure. If I choose a vanilla G8F and load the character preset onto her (as opposed to loading a new figure into the scene) that figure can also use Auto Fit correctly.
First thought was to check the compatability base for the Character Preset figure, but that's all set to G8F like normal.
(edit: also tried deleting the Character Preset and creating a new one from the Scene file, no luck there either. Saved just fine, loads just fine, same partial Auto-Fit problem)
Need help with duplicate resourceAs per our experience of fixing this sort of issues for years, this is the quickest and safest way. You can also manipulate morph, Bake ERC, re-freeze ERC and re-save morph assets....yada yada, if you want to go for the traditional way.
The vendor would probably do the former if they know well about it ~~ BTW, it was no a typo but came from the wrong process of ERC... on the vendor's side...
[SOLVED] Make toes of the socks follow toe spread (and vice versa)Dolce Saito said:
crosswind said:
Dolce Saito said:
Some of the socks I have, despite looking exactly how I want, doesn't follow toe spread morph. That causes them to poke through shoes, etc... How can I make them follow it?
The reason is just because there's no weight on the corresponding toe bones of the socks...e.g. if you select the joint node of Big Toe1, switch to Node Weight Brush tool, you'll find no weight map on it (ss1). If you add a weight map and some weight, you'll find it work (ss2), but it's cumbersome ...
Then it's simple to fix the issue: just re-rig the socks to the figure with Transfer Utility. Then it'll work. (ss 3 ~ 4)
And vice versa; Especially on a retro-fitted clothing (like g9 shoes to g8), they follow the toe spread, but I don't want them to follow that particular morph.
The reason is the same. To fix it, just do it reversely: remove the weight maps on toe bones (ss 5 ~ 6)
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
I noticed the tfs socks don't have toe bones by default. So, when I run transfer utility (without expanding more options), then toe bones are added to the socks. However, the "Toes Spread" pose still doesn't move the sock. What would I be missing? (The character is G8F and socks are also for G8F)
Right ~ case by case. For this TFS socks, increase Distance Tolerance to 0.5 when re-rigging ~
Feedback/Questions on dForce FE Strand-Based Long Straight Hair for Genesis 9Guess it's worth trying to tag @FeSoul on this.
I'm looking at this hair and it looks really great - but wondering if it might be possible to add a morph/option to shorten the fringe so it is not covering the characters eyes, likewise something to move the fringe. I don't see these listed in the list of morphs.




