-
Premier Questions
Questions, and feelings about the offer:
What plugins are in the premiere? -> I already have a few, plus several converters and morph packs. List the plugins and content, please
A free Character Bundle Each month -> I wasn't going from G8.1 + G8 to G9. I have just 25 G9 out of 1800, while more than 800++ G8. Converting G8,G8.1-> G9 could cause problems, I want to see the converters in work first + What about duplicate data? Will I have 100GB+ in duplicates?
Free Premier Exclusive content (other users can't even buy it) for free each time we release a Character Bundle (Even if you don't buy the bundle!) -> Do you own those items or only have them till you have a subscription? Could you transport them out to other engines?
Seeing that there is a Premier level of offer and a different DAZ+ offer that could be a selling point. (This is not listed, but it will cause a major problem within DAZ+ members....)
I think the Premier is not for people who have already a large library as some of them are more picky about what to buy next. But for new users just before Xmas, it will be popular for at least 1 month... December
ps: If they would had said to pay a one-time fee for PA tools, that would have been interesting. but this is the path of Adobe...
Premier QuestionsCrescent said:
I listed a bunch of questions several pages back. There hasn't been an official answer for any of them. I have 22 months left on my DAZ+ subscription. I'm being offered ZERO months of DAZ Premiere in exchange. Why would I give up all that time for literally nothing, especially since I can't get the time back if Premiere doesn't deliver?
That sounds odd, it should reflect what you paid for the remaining time plus 1 - please open a Sales Support ticket.
DAZ Premiere claims to have several wonderful tools that I would like to use but I have no idea how well they work nor what exactly they work on (iray only or the old mat system as well, G9 only or also older figures, strand based hair, dynamic clothing, etc.). I'm not sacrificing 22 months of DAZ+ in the hope that maybe DAZ Premiere's tools will do what I want. I'd rather flat out purchase tools that I can get a refund on if they don't work rather than play the lottery with this new scheme.
They are mainly derived from Man Friday's tools (Geometry Sculptor is Mesh Grabber 4) - as far as I can see they do not give access to things you cannot do with other tools, albeit with more work - and I don't think render Queue is tied to Iray, none of the others are. However, they don't give access to HD morph creation/editing or to dForce hair creation/editing either.
If DAZ wants this to work, they need to work with us. Why not offer those of us with extended DAZ+ memberships something like $5 per month to get the software features while we wait for our DAZ+ memberships to run out? Sure, we won't get the extra coupons or bundles, but it's better than trying to blackmail us into giving up months (or years!) of current benefits for a month or two of a possibly better deal.
Premier QuestionsOZ-84 said:
Richard Haseltine said:
In DIM pasting
rx::ci::^Premier -
into the filter box should show the Premier add-ons (I am told). In Daz Studio, once they are installed, you have logged in, and restarted DS, they can be accessed as folows:
Geo Sculptor shows up in Window menu / Panes(Tabs)
Pose converter shows up in Edit menu / Figure / Pose
Shape transfer shows up in Edit menu / Figure / Shape
DForce manager shows up in Simulation Settings pane / Manage
Render queue shows up on Render Settings pane / Queueall of the show up ... besides Geo Sculptor... :-(
Yes, I am getting different results in Public Build and general release - it is very strange, I have sent my experience in to Daz.
Premier Questionsmarble said:
Pancake said:
I reckon this has been asked but I can't find an answer:
"Integrated export options allow you to easily transfer your Daz content directly to other popular 3D software."
Does this mean we will no longer be able to convert to Unity or Unreal in the free version from now on?
This has been a fundamental requirement in my workflow, and I invested in Daz and interactive licenses specifically because it was free to do so.Yeah, quite a lot is confusing.
- Is 4.23 free or Premier? I get that the Premier version has the extras but, if so, what does 4.23 basic have over 4.22?
- Are these Premier add-ons just the same as those many of us have already paid for? If so, will those we have stop working?
- Are all new developments, including the ever-receding DS5, going to be Premier only?
Daz 4.23.0.1 Beta was just posted today for download in DIM.
Premier QuestionsPancake said:
I reckon this has been asked but I can't find an answer:
"Integrated export options allow you to easily transfer your Daz content directly to other popular 3D software."
Does this mean we will no longer be able to convert to Unity or Unreal in the free version from now on?
This has been a fundamental requirement in my workflow, and I invested in Daz and interactive licenses specifically because it was free to do so.Yeah, quite a lot is confusing.
- Is 4.23 free or Premier? I get that the Premier version has the extras but, if so, what does 4.23 basic have over 4.22?
- Are these Premier add-ons just the same as those many of us have already paid for? If so, will those we have stop working?
- Are all new developments, including the ever-receding DS5, going to be Premier only?
Premier QuestionsRichard Haseltine said:
In DIM pasting
rx::ci::^Premier -
into the filter box should show the Premier add-ons (I am told). In Daz Studio, once they are installed, you have logged in, and restarted DS, they can be accessed as folows:
Geo Sculptor shows up in Window menu / Panes(Tabs)
Pose converter shows up in Edit menu / Figure / Pose
Shape transfer shows up in Edit menu / Figure / Shape
DForce manager shows up in Simulation Settings pane / Manage
Render queue shows up on Render Settings pane / Queueall of the show up ... besides Geo Sculptor... :-(
Premier QuestionsI reckon this has been asked but I can't find an answer:
"Integrated export options allow you to easily transfer your Daz content directly to other popular 3D software."
Does this mean we will no longer be able to convert to Unity or Unreal in the free version from now on?
This has been a fundamental requirement in my workflow, and I invested in Daz and interactive licenses specifically because it was free to do so.Face Group issue when Transfer Utilitycrosswind said:
Well, shall we further confirm something ? So, the OBJ you've mentioned is the geo-graft which you fitted to G9 with Transfer Utility, right ? Then you imported an OBJ as a morph onto the geo-graft rather than G9 by using Morph Loader Pro, then you want to ERC Freeze on the morph, correct ?
If so, you need to firstly Adjust Rigging to Shape on the geo-graft (DO NOT unfit it !)... otherwise you'll find nothing to Freeze...
You know.....sometimes when you work to hard at something, the solution is right in front of you. PALM TO FACE.... I Was so tired that i did this once and it worked, but becuase i accidently Transferred the obj without changing the setting to Current, and i had to redo the whole process again... I Was so frustrated at that, as i finally had it working; therfore, when i transferred it again correctly, and applied the morph, I DIDNT ADJUST THE FRIGGIN BONES! AHHHHHHHHHH! No wonder the changes werent showing up! That was the missing step that my brain couldnt rememeber even though i did it 10 min before.... PALM TO FACE, PUKE IN TOILET, You get it.... WOW!
THANK YOU, THANK YOU! You are a legend and you helped me walk through it! Even though i knew what to do (initially), i just couldnt see through the fog! Thanks for being my lighthouse! Truly!
Premier QuestionsIn DIM pasting
rx::ci::^Premier -
into the filter box should show the Premier add-ons (I am told). In Daz Studio, once they are installed, you have logged in, and restarted DS, they can be accessed as folows:
Geo Sculptor shows up in the Tools menu (remember that it disables any GeoGraft's mesh hiding and won't show interpolated hairs for dForce/Strand Based Hair)
Pose converter shows up in Edit menu / Figure / Pose
Shape transfer shows up in Edit menu / Figure / Shape
DForce manager shows up in Simulation Settings pane / Manage
Render queue shows up on Render Settings pane / QueueEdited to fix error
Premier QuestionsTaoz said:
frank0314 said:
Pixel8ted said:
I'm thinking maybe based on what actually was paid....dinged for buying at steep discounts, maybe.
I believe you only get credit for what you actually paid.
Quoting DAZ_Steve:
"It's a different offer for each person. We take what you paid for the membership you currently have, see how many months of Premier that equates to, then round up (so we give you a full month of Premier instead of a partial one.)"
pity they don't factor in the ownership of the items that now apparently come free with the subscription. Some of us bought the head and body morph sets for each generation, so getting those for free doesn't really make for a reason to subscribe. but clearly the offer was designed by the accounting department to offer the least possible.
Issue with PHMEyelashesCurlI encountered an issue while saving a scene file today. At first, Daz would not let me save the file, and it directed me to check the log. The only error I saw was this:
[WARNING] :: \src\sdksource\fileoutput\dzassetoutfile.cpp(11516): No geometries match the vertex count of morph "PHMEyelashesCurl"
I was able to save the file on the second attempt, but this error showed up in the log again. Searching back through the log, I see that it crops up whenever I save a scene that includes a G8 character, male or female, although apparently today was the first time it caused a hitch when attempting to save a file. It does not appear for Genesis 8.1 characters.
Is this vertex count issue something I should worry about? If so, does anyone know how to fix it?
Premier QuestionsSo I have a personalized offer of 3 months of Premier for my Daz+ that goes to June 2025. So for Nov-Jun Daz+ I would 2x $6 off coupon for a $96 value. If I upgraded I would get 3 months of 2x $10 off coupon for a $60 value. Doesn't sound too great of deal. I am not a fan of subscription software. Biggest reason I use gimp instead of Photoshop. All of the subscription plugins I believe I already have the equivalent corresponding product purchased. The "free" bundles are all content I already own. So for this month that's a wasted bonus. I own most Pro bundles and of the ones I don't I own most of the starters instead. Making me think that it would be a while before this "bonus" would be applicable to me. Looking at the link for the bundles posted by someone these bundles are a $99.99 value. I would prefer if this "bonus" would be something like a monthly coupon that gives $100 off any 1 Pro Bundles. Much more useful for those that have acquired a lot of products. The discounts, freebies and tokens for less are nice but only make the Premier worth it if you buy frequently and remember to use them. I've probably only remember to use my Daz+ coupons about a quarter of the time I have been a member. So far not seeing much advantage for me, a long time infrequent buyer, that usually goes wild at certain sales. Edit: As others have said in this thread, if the PA only HD morph tools and strand-based hair tools were included in Premier I feel like this would be an instant upgrade for me.Increasing base resolution of objects.felis said:
You cannot change base resolution in Daz Studio.
You can export it to a 3d modeller and increase and import as a new object, that must be saved. It can reuse the original textures (if you don't extrude outside the original mesh (and don't UV unwrap)), but materials will not apply as material, as it is seen as a new object. You can copy surfaces from the original to the updated.
If satisfied with a subD division you can export that and reimport that (still as a new object).
Yeah so the question is "What software would be best for it"?
I can learn new softare, but never did any 3d modelling before so not sure what is most sensible to use. Also, how much does it cost to use/buy, which could makemake whole operation unfeasible.
Richard Haseltine said:
Using Bilnear Subdivision as the algoritm in Daz Studio, in the Mesh resolution section of the Parameters pane, will increase divisions without changing the shape.
Looking at your post again, if you are wanting to increase resolution for better collisions with a draping object rather than to drape the divided object then you can in fact use the Viewport SubD - in Simulation Settings under the Collision group. Though if you have only a single polygon for a bed mattress you will potentially need a very high number of Viewport divisions, which may make the total mesh unwieldy.
Another option for collision objects is to create a primitive with enough divisions to work (Create>New Primitive) and use that as the collision target (set it to visible in Simulation but not visible in Render, and the other way round for the actual prop - e.g. the bed).
I was wondering some of the mentioned as workaround but part of the goal is also to make it into a morph so I dont have to deal with timline in subsequent scenes. I think that limits me to a base resolution.
Expressions poses not working with 8.1PerttiA said:
Making the G8 base expressions (and any expressions that are using them) work on G8.1 requires removing dummy/placeholder expressions that are installed to G8.1 morph folders - These dummy/placeholder expression files have no other function than to prevent the base G8 expressions from loading.
The dummy/placeholder files are located in;
...\Data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female 8_1\Morphs\Daz 3D\Base Pose Head\ (255 files, can be more if you have additional DAZ expression packs)
...\Data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female 8_1\Morphs\Daz 3D\Expressions\ (24 files, can be more if you have additional DAZ expression packs)
...\Data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Male 8_1\Morphs\Daz 3D\Base Pose Head\ (255 files, can be more if you have additional DAZ expression packs)
...\Data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Male 8_1\Morphs\Daz 3D\Expressions\ (24 files, can be more if you have additional DAZ expression packs)Please make sure you are removing the files from G8.1 morph folders and not G8 morph folders.
Note 1; If you are logging in to DS and letting DAZ Connect (within DS) to install/update your content, you may have these also in an other location that has "\Data\Cloud\" in it's path
Note 2; Do not remove any files from "FACS" or "FACSExpressions" foldersThese are the files called "alias_head_*.dsf", correct?
Face Group issue when Transfer UtilityWell, shall we further confirm something ? So, the OBJ you've mentioned is the geo-graft which you fitted to G9 with Transfer Utility, right ? Then you imported an OBJ as a morph onto the geo-graft rather than G9 by using Morph Loader Pro, then you want to ERC Freeze on the morph, correct ?
If so, you need to firstly Adjust Rigging to Shape on the geo-graft (DO NOT unfit it !)... otherwise you'll find nothing to Freeze...
Face Group issue when Transfer UtilityOk let me explain. I have an OBJ that has face groups, bones are assigned. Then i use Transfer Utility, making sure to uncheck face groups on gen9 (as they will delete them if i dont), as well as check merge heirarcies, asif i dont DAZ will delete (remove) them. Transfer is completed and everything works, bones still there, face groups still intact. if i move the bones the mesh moves correctly. reset figure to zero.
I take said Geo-Graft off figure, Load a morph through Morph LP.... dial in morph.... select moprh.... go to edit....ERC and then....NOTHING, there are no indications that any thing moved, so i cant erc the bones.????? What is the deal with that???
Face Group issue when Transfer UtilityThat depends on how you set and tweaked Face Groups before rigging... As per the standard workflow, we rig firstly by letting Transfer Utility transfer Face Groups / Weight to the attachment, then refine Face Groups / weight settings as needed.
As I said, better always tweak setting after rigging... you may try with the standard workflow.
First attempt at a custom morph - broken!crosswind said:
What Blender version are you using ?
If you're using Blender 4.x +, just follow the screenshots in this thread : https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/8773366/#Comment_8773366
If you're using Blender 3.x +, never use Wavefront (.obj) (legacy) for import / export... Instead, use Wavefront (.obj) as shown in the above thread. If you insist on using the former, check Keep Vertex Order in Geometry section when exporting.
Thanks for your reply. My Blender version is 3.0.1, I thought it was more recent than that but there you go I suppose. I'm not even seeing an option for legacy obj file, it just says Wavefront (.obj), so I'm assuming that's correct. Checking out the information in your link, I thought I did have all the import/export options set as described, but I just tried creating another custom morph real quick, and it has worked correctly this time! I must have missed off some setting or another - I suspect I may have neglected to check Keep Vertex Order when importing, as in my version that option is slightly hidden away and I was doing it while making notes at the same time...... I will create an operator profile to ensure it's all correct going forward.
Thanks again!First attempt at a custom morph - broken!Hi there, I started SickleYield's custom character creation tutorial and followed the first part on creating an eye morph with blender. I'm fairly sure I followed all the steps as described, although it being more than a couple years old now, Blender has a new version and some options are changed or missing. I used the dev load model to export the initial mesh and used the unit settings she recommends. The morph is created successfully but when I activate it, the figure goes all gnarly and spiky. If I slide it all the way up, she becomes this rather cool but sinister looking black monolith. Something's clearly not right! I did some searching online but didn't find anything that helped. I'm hoping someone might know what I've done wrong here, as I've played with 3D modelling before in the past with both Blender and Maya but I'm far from an expert, and I've only been using Daz for a couple months now. Thanks!
Face Group issue when Transfer UtilityGeograph ? You mean a geo-graft or sth. else ?
If you don't want Face Groups auto transferred from Genesis figure when rigging with Transfer Utility, just uncheck Face Groups in Transfer Utility dialog...
Alternatively, always tweak Face Groups after rigging...






