• Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3D Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
    • Game Ready
  • Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions
  • Download Studio
  • Menu
  • Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3d Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
  • Community
    • Our Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

Loading...
Daz 3D Forums > Search
  • NEW 2021 Sales thread: Report Issues Here "There's Always Another Sale™"

    I have the same issue with this coupon.

    It's possible that in my case the email was sent in error. The preamble says "Because you own the Bundles for Victoria 8.1, Cleopatra 8.1, Jacqueline 8.1, and Brooke 8.1 ..." but in fact I own only the first two of those. I don't know whether the coupon doesn't work because it's broken, or because I don't actually meet the requirements (and so shouldn't have received the email).

    By

    bytescapes bytescapes May 2021 in The Commons
  • Why are G8 expressions disabled on G8.1, even though they work fine on G8.1?

    fred9803 said:

    Your best guess isn't exactly a substitute in the abeyance of any official explanation as to why this was done. We're still waiting for that explanation.

    Well, Daz aren't known for being particularly forthcoming about such things, and don't scour the forums constantly answering questions, so the somewhat sarcastic answer is that it's a choice between no explanation at all, or the best guess of someone who picked through the G8.1 package and data files so closely that he worked out how the files were disabled.

    With the plethora of character face morphs that don't precisely work with generic G8 expressions, I hardly think that corrective morphs has anything to do with the issue as there aren't any corrective morphs for those.

    Like I said, a lot of character makers skip the process entirely (and some really shouldn't), but from Victoria 8's package...

    • /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Victoria 8/eJCMVictoria8Fear_HDLv2.dhdm

    • /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Victoria 8/eJCMVictoria8Fear_HDLv2.dsf

    • /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Victoria 8/eJCMVictoria8Happy_HDLv2.dhdm

    • /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Victoria 8/eJCMVictoria8Happy_HDLv2.dsf

    • /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Victoria 8/eJCMVictoria8LipsPuckerWide_HDLv1.dhdm

    • /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Victoria 8/eJCMVictoria8LipsPuckerWide_HDLv1.dsf

    • /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Victoria 8/eJCMVictoria8NoseWrinkle_HDLv1.dhdm

    • /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Victoria 8/eJCMVictoria8NoseWrinkle_HDLv1.dsf

    • /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Victoria 8/eJCMVictoria8Pain_HDLv2.dhdm

    • /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Victoria 8/eJCMVictoria8Pain_HDLv2.dsf

    • /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Victoria 8/eJCMVictoria8Rage_HDLv2.dhdm

    • /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Victoria 8/eJCMVictoria8Rage_HDLv2.dsf

    • /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Victoria 8/eJCMVictoria8Scream_HDLv2.dhdm

    • /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Victoria 8/eJCMVictoria8Scream_HDLv2.dsf

    • /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Victoria 8/eJCMVictoria8SmileFullFace_HDLv2.dhdm

    • /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Victoria 8/eJCMVictoria8SmileFullFace_HDLv2.dsf

    • /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Victoria 8/eJCMVictoria8SmileOpenFullFace_HDLv2.dhdm

    • /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Victoria 8/eJCMVictoria8SmileOpenFullFace_HDLv2.dsf

    • /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Victoria 8/eJCMVictoria8Wink_HDLv2.dhdm

    • /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Victoria 8/eJCMVictoria8Wink_HDLv2.dsf

    Can also be found in Monique 8's package, Charlotte 8's package, Victoria 8.1's package (although now for the new controls)...

    ... I've not checked every core character, but the majority have JCMs for expressions. There are various things you get when you pay the premium for a core character.

    Uthgard said:

    In the absence of any other stated reason that would justify why hundreds of expressions from the previous generation are suddenly "incompatible," I would posit the most likely suspect is quite obvious: Planned obsolescence.

    That is an explanation I specifically reject, on the basis that otherwise Daz made particular efforts to keep G8.1 back-compatible, and it is a *real* stretch to say that their sales master plan resolves around selling more expression packs.

    By

    Matt_Castle Matt_Castle May 2021 in The Commons
  • Can you change PBR shaders to Uber?

    I would imagine that you could CTRL-click and apply an Uber skin shader to a character that uses the newer PBR shader.

    I'm not sure how the conversion would work, but Daz seems to handle the Uber to nuPBR conversion when you apply the PBR shader to an Uber skin.

    If I'm not dead tired after I get some other stuff done, I'll try it with Jacqueline or Victoria 8.1...

    By

    The Blurst of Times The Blurst of Times May 2021 in The Commons
  • Jada 8.1 discussion - the rollerskating "undercover civilian" with bright clothing

    LOL. Okay, she transformed into an "undercover civilian" (LOL wut).

    "a bold, roller-skating civilian that likes to keep her neighborhood a peaceful place.”

    “roller-skating civilian with a bold charm that allows her to infiltrate criminal rings”

    Anyway, I get multiple Orange Banners because I'm super elite and stuff.

    Trigger conditions for my banners:

    • Owning various 8.1 females (Victoria, Cleopatra, Brooke, Jacqueline).
    • Being a SP simp.

    I'm not sure if there are other orange banners.

    By

    The Blurst of Times The Blurst of Times May 2021 in The Commons
  • Jada 8.1 discussion - the rollerskating "undercover civilian" with bright clothing

    One more time with all of the Victoria 8.1 tattoos, replacing the LIE-modified SSS maps with Jada's original SSS maps to mute the tattoo colors.

    By

    The Blurst of Times The Blurst of Times May 2021 in The Commons
  • Jada 8.1 discussion - the rollerskating "undercover civilian" with bright clothing

    The Blurst of Times said:

    Used VIctoria 8.1's LIE tattoos, then rolled back the SSS map to Jada's original SSS maps (so the colors are less intense).

    Nice! What is that top and shorts? 

    By

    Wonderland Wonderland May 2021 in The Commons
  • How do you get powerpose to work with victoria 8.1 facial posing?

    daz version: 4.15.0.2

    I have victoria 8.1 hd loaded in the scene.

    Under powerpose templateset it says Default Generic.  I chose the head.  Aren't there supposed to be more dials or something?

    By

    vozolgant vozolgant May 2021 in The Commons
  • Jada 8.1 discussion - the rollerskating "undercover civilian" with bright clothing

    The Blurst of Times said:

    Used VIctoria 8.1's LIE tattoos, then rolled back the SSS map to Jada's original SSS maps (so the colors are less intense).

    I think those tattoos look really good on her. 

    By

    Sera Sera May 2021 in The Commons
  • Jada 8.1 discussion - the rollerskating "undercover civilian" with bright clothing

    Used VIctoria 8.1's LIE tattoos, then rolled back the SSS map to Jada's original SSS maps (so the colors are less intense).

    By

    The Blurst of Times The Blurst of Times May 2021 in The Commons
  • Anyone figure out how to get a sweet, but seductive smile with Victoria 8.1?

    All these smile morphs make her face look bizarre. 

    I was wondering if any of you guys figured out how to get V8.1 to have a sweet, but sexy & seductive smile? 

    There's this ugly line that forms right inbetween the eye and the top part of the cheek when she smiles, it doesn't look good. Thank god for Zbrush, I can fix this with Zbrush, but that means I need to create a Zbrush morph patch for every expression. 

    By

    vozolgant vozolgant May 2021 in The Commons
  • [Released] Look At Me Pose Control [Commercial]

    vozolgant said:

    Just to confirm, when using Look at me I 1 or II 2 with Genesis 8.1, do we need to disable Adjust Eyelids under option? 

    I seem to be getting a problem where Genesis 8.1F/Victoria 8.1F always ends up looking jsut below the camera, maybe it's my custom face. I'll do more tests. Anyone experiencing this?

    If I remember correctly, for LAM I, you need to disable "Adjust Eyelids".  For LAM II, it does it for you so you can leave it checked.

    By

    RiverSoft Art RiverSoft Art May 2021 in Daz PA Commercial Products
  • [Released] Look At Me Pose Control [Commercial]

    Just to confirm, when using Look at me I 1 or II 2 with Genesis 8.1, do we need to disable Adjust Eyelids under option? 

    I seem to be getting a problem where Genesis 8.1F/Victoria 8.1F always ends up looking jsut below the camera, maybe it's my custom face. I'll do more tests. Anyone experiencing this?

    By

    vozolgant vozolgant May 2021 in Daz PA Commercial Products
  • DAZ Studio 4 Installation Guide Windows

    I was able to install everything through DIM offline ... but sadly nothing works. DS just crashes whenever I try to load anything into a scene. Even just basic figure like Victoria 8.  I was able to get a prop to load but after a few minutes DS crashed again.  This is really disappointing.  I basically have now spent a lot of money on a very powerful machine that is useless to me.

    I am really struggling to understand how no one else seems to be having problems with DAZ on Windows 10.  What am I missing here?

    By

    Geminii23 Geminii23 May 2021 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • Importing EmotiGuy to Unity

    I have also exported Victoria 8.1 via Daz To Unity bridge and got all BlendShapes, that I have choosen in Daz Studio.

    Something is probably broken with FBX export.

    If you have Poser, then it will probably work, because EmotiGuy is still in Poser format.

    Poser has also export as FBX, as well.

     

    By

    Artini Artini May 2021 in Unity Discussion
  • Which outfit?

    I think that's Black Lotus, by Aery Soul (Aeon Soul), no longer available.

    edit: I wanted to add, it was a Victoria 4 era item.

    By

    TykeyStudios TykeyStudios May 2021 in The Commons
  • [Released] Gescon, CSG plugin for Daz Studio [commercial]

    Hylas said:

    Do both objects need to be closed mesh?

    I'm hoping I can use this to cut parts off hairs, eg when wearing a hat. Most hairs are not closed though, I think.

    Yes, they need to be closed mesh because, by definition, CSG works with solids, so their geometry should be closed  and bounded.

    However, the plugin can accept with some open-mesh things. Notice the Toulouse Hair in the Victoria's statue in the first post. But the plugin solidified it. 

    By

    Alberto Alberto May 2021 in Daz PA Commercial Products
  • Which character is this?

    She looks like Victoria 7 to me.

    By

    Former DAZ Customer Former DAZ Customer May 2021 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • Romere requires Holt?

    vwrangler said:

    There is that glitch where the required products section goes walkabout for a while -- I thought the store update was supposed to have fixed that, so it's probably just an oversight that he wasn't listed in required products.

    It is unusual, these days, for a character that depends on a specific shape to be released that far after the shape, unless it's Michael or Victoria. I wonder if Romere has been hanging out in the vaults for a while.

    Probably. The SKU is from Holt 8's bundles' time. I presume those numbers are awarded when the product gets the green light.

    By

    NorthOf45 NorthOf45 May 2021 in The Commons
  • Romere requires Holt?

    There is that glitch where the required products section goes walkabout for a while -- I thought the store update was supposed to have fixed that, so it's probably just an oversight that he wasn't listed in required products.

    It is unusual, these days, for a character that depends on a specific shape to be released that far after the shape, unless it's Michael or Victoria. I wonder if Romere has been hanging out in the vaults for a while.

    By

    vwrangler vwrangler May 2021 in The Commons
  • XTransfer Module 1- Genesis 3 to Genesis 8 Morph Converter (Commercial)

    hello, I had a problem with Cathy HD, daz studio crashed during the operation, now I have dazstdio which crashes no matter what scene I load, it's problematic for me, I would like to go back, j admit not knowing what to do other than reinstall daz studio ... which would not suit me. Someone to help me?

    I managed to convert Victoria 7, it crashed with Cathy. these are the only two operations carried out before the tragedy.

    By

    JarNeel JarNeel May 2021 in Daz PA Commercial Products
Previous Next
Adding to Cart…

Daz 3D is part of Tafi

Connect

DAZ Productions, Inc.
7533 S Center View Ct #4664
West Jordan, UT 84084

HELP

Contact Us

Tutorials

Help Center

Sell Your 3D Content

Affiliate Program

Documentation Center

Open Source

Consent Preferences

JOIN DAZ

Memberships

Blog

About Us

Press

Careers

Bridges

Community

In the Studio

Gallery

Forum

DAZ STORE

Shop

Freebies

Published Artists

Licensing Agreement | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | EULA

© 2026 Daz Productions Inc. All Rights Reserved.