• Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3D Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
    • Game Ready
  • Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions
  • Download Studio
  • Menu
  • Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3d Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
  • Community
    • Our Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

Loading...
Daz 3D Forums > Search
  • July, 2021 - Daz 3D New User Challenge - Portrait Rendering and LIE

    Tynkere said:

    Kismet2012 said:

    1.  Which model are you using? I am guessing the purple is makeup.  There might be a "natural" or no makeup option.

    2.  The 8.1 characters have a "tear" preset.  I believe this is designed to make the eyes look moist which could be causing the reflections.  I think this can be turned off.  Reducing the glossiness of the cornea might also help.

    3.  Adjusting the glossiness on the teeth may help.

    4.  When I google images of fingernails some are rather pink and others have a paler hue.  This may be an area that falls into personal preference.

    I'm using V8 with a bunch of face & body morphs.  Easier way to adjust inner eyelid?  Your suggestion about makeup seems right on the money.  Example is quick .png file made by drawing bright blue over face texture.  Since the eyes are closed, tweaking that one is going to be hard.  Is there another texture file I should look at? 

    As for the eyes...  If light sometimes glances off schlera, try cornea anyway?  Sorry if I sound brain-dead.  I appreciate your being patient with me.   

    The eye is made up of 3 different surfaces:  Iris, Cornea and Sclera.  On the Cornea Glossy Reflectivity is at the default setting of 1.0.  I turn that off, down to zero, but I did not see a difference in the shininess of the eye surface when I rendered.  

    If you haven't tried it already you could try the Noise Degrain Filtering and/or Post Denoiser in the Filtering tab.

    I do not know which other figures you may own so I applied Genesis 8.0 skin maps to Victoria 8.  I am attaching renders of the results.  I do not see the purple colour on the eyelids so this may be an option?

    There are various morphs for the eyes, which I am guessing you have tried already.  Have you looked in the Pose settings under the Parameters Tab?  There are options for the lower eyelid in there as well that might help with the issue you are having with the lower eyelid.

    I hope something here helps.

     

     

    By

    Kismet2012 Kismet2012 July 2021 in New User Contests and Events
  • Selling products (none Daz store)

    Yes, you can put any 2D render of content from ther Daz store on a mug or shirt or whatever and sell it - the only exceptions would be cheats, for example putting a texture on a plane and rendering it flat on (which would effectively be giving away the original map) and the (now very old) Anne Marie Goddard digital Clone for Victoria 3 which did add a few additional restrictions.

    By

    Richard Haseltine Richard Haseltine July 2021 in Art Studio
  • Was the V4 Era the Golden Age of Creativity?
    Torquinox said:

    Masterstroke said:

    PerttiA said:

    There's no argument in the technology having advanced tremendously since V4 era, but that's not what's being discussed here.

    I dont think anybody claims V4 was technologically better than the current models, far from it, so there's no point in kicking the dead dog, that's not even on the table.

    I disagree. It is exactly, what is discussed. Great for you, when it was all fine for you and you were happy with what you have got.

    The frustration for me at that time has been a fact, and it blocked all the creativity.
    I remember wondering, when we will be having better tools and content in all those stores.
    Sorry, I just don't consider thousends of -Victoria 4 as a pixie on a mushroom in a forrest- renders as the golden age of creativity.

    I understand that frustration. I am coming at it from an after-the-fact perspective. For me, she's still fun because I have just about every enhancement ever made for her along with newer versions of DS and some content made well after her heyday ended. If I had suffered along for years and years as the products developed, I would likely feel differently about it. I do think there is more to the content than pixies on a mushroom, but that's quibbling.

     

    Naturally, the newer figures and their content have a lot to recommend them. The part that I find a little frustrating is that we still have not escaped the need for aftermarket helper morphs and enhancements, even on the latest figures. Also, I'm a little alarmed that recent content has become very heavy, downloads increasingly measured in Gb instead of Mb. My next computer definitely gets bigger harddrives!

    As someone who was around in the era it has one insurmountable sticking point for me. I see v4 and creativity and my brain immediately goes "wait. The era where I was limited to shaping my figure by whatever morphs the clothing maker decided to add as fits was a golden era of creativity? Because man did that make me feel incredibly creatively stymied." There were (incredibly painful and clunky) work around and things started to improve at the very end, but did find it incredibly creatively limiting.

    Genesis came with automatic auto follow for morphs, not having to deal with injecting morphs (it was also much easier to make morphs for, I don't think it's a coincidence that this is the era I started making my own morphs, which I would consider an expansion of my creative abilities) I jumped on Genesis train immediately and never looked back. And it really primarily was because I found it much easier to match my creative vision.

    As an example: I loved Stephanie 4. I probably used her more as a morph for Genesis, than I did as a morph for v4. Frequently with clothing I had transferred to Genesis from v4 as well. Steph 4 came out very late in the v4 era, so almost no clothing had fits for her. It was genuinely easier for me to transfer her and v4 clothing to Genesis to get them to actually fit her.

    Tldr while there is stuff from the era I have nostalgia for, I have very little for the era itself, almost entirely because I found it an era of creative frustration.

    By

    j cade j cade July 2021 in The Commons
  • Was the V4 Era the Golden Age of Creativity?

    Torquinox said:

    Masterstroke said:

    PerttiA said:

    There's no argument in the technology having advanced tremendously since V4 era, but that's not what's being discussed here.

    I dont think anybody claims V4 was technologically better than the current models, far from it, so there's no point in kicking the dead dog, that's not even on the table.

    I disagree. It is exactly, what is discussed. Great for you, when it was all fine for you and you were happy with what you have got.

    The frustration for me at that time has been a fact, and it blocked all the creativity.
    I remember wondering, when we will be having better tools and content in all those stores.
    Sorry, I just don't consider thousends of -Victoria 4 as a pixie on a mushroom in a forrest- renders as the golden age of creativity.

    ...

     

    Naturally, the newer figures and their content have a lot to recommend them. The part that I find a little frustrating is that we still have not escaped the need for aftermarket helper morphs and enhancements, even on the latest figures. Also, I'm a little alarmed that recent content has become very heavy, downloads increasingly measured in Gb instead of Mb. My next computer definitely gets bigger harddrives!

    Yes, your right, and I wonder if it will ever work without extra helper morphs. The point is that I don' t have to spend as much time anymore to fix joint issues. I can focus now more on my scene, instead of painting over a twisted shoulder joint.

    I am exited to see what future figure rigging system will do.
    lol: the amount of data has become ridiculous. Just for comparison: I had a 20 gig hard drive, when I started with Poser 4.

    By

    Masterstroke Masterstroke July 2021 in The Commons
  • Was the V4 Era the Golden Age of Creativity?

    Masterstroke said:

    PerttiA said:

    There's no argument in the technology having advanced tremendously since V4 era, but that's not what's being discussed here.

    I dont think anybody claims V4 was technologically better than the current models, far from it, so there's no point in kicking the dead dog, that's not even on the table.

    I disagree. It is exactly, what is discussed. Great for you, when it was all fine for you and you were happy with what you have got.

    The frustration for me at that time has been a fact, and it blocked all the creativity.
    I remember wondering, when we will be having better tools and content in all those stores.
    Sorry, I just don't consider thousends of -Victoria 4 as a pixie on a mushroom in a forrest- renders as the golden age of creativity.

    I understand that frustration. I am coming at it from an after-the-fact perspective. For me, she's still fun because I have just about every enhancement ever made for her along with newer versions of DS and some content made well after her heyday ended. If I had suffered along for years and years as the products developed, I would likely feel differently about it. I do think there is more to the content than pixies on a mushroom, but that's quibbling.

     

    Naturally, the newer figures and their content have a lot to recommend them. The part that I find a little frustrating is that we still have not escaped the need for aftermarket helper morphs and enhancements, even on the latest figures. Also, I'm a little alarmed that recent content has become very heavy, downloads increasingly measured in Gb instead of Mb. My next computer definitely gets bigger harddrives!

    By

    Torquinox Torquinox July 2021 in The Commons
  • Was the V4 Era the Golden Age of Creativity?

    PerttiA said:

    There's no argument in the technology having advanced tremendously since V4 era, but that's not what's being discussed here.

    I dont think anybody claims V4 was technologically better than the current models, far from it, so there's no point in kicking the dead dog, that's not even on the table.

    I disagree. It is exactly, what is discussed. Great for you, when it was all fine for you and you were happy with what you have got.

    The frustration for me at that time has been a fact, and it blocked all the creativity.
    I remember wondering, when we will be having better tools and content in all those stores.
    Sorry, I just don't consider thousends of -Victoria 4 as a pixie on a mushroom in a forrest- renders as the golden age of creativity.
     

    By

    Masterstroke Masterstroke July 2021 in The Commons
  • dsb poses

    are the ones in F:\My Library\People\Victoria\Poses\Faerie
    OK tried saving again, no luck

    they do work in D|S3

    got this dialogue with the editor

    By

    WendyLuvsCatz WendyLuvsCatz July 2021 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • tara 2 product issue

    hello guys, i'm having a annoying issue with a "character" from daz, this one:

    https://www.daz3d.com/tara-2-hd-for-victoria-7-victoria-8

     

    my issue is which it's seens to be conflicting with something in daz, if i'm staling the product "early" it appear normally but later as i'm keep installing new products(i didn't pay attention to what is the product conflicting with it), at one point it start to display as "not installed anymore or as "available" instead of installed, then i need to uninstall and go online and install ir using the smart content install inside daz, installing that way the product appear but however doing that it can make some conflict and issues in my daz, because i'm installing it in a secondary HD, and don't want to install anything in my primary which is another issue since the "smart" install it on the primary and i don't find a way to change it.

     

    anyone had this issue as well and know how to fix it???

    By

    Ellessarr Ellessarr July 2021 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • Was the V4 Era the Golden Age of Creativity?

    Sometimes I use V4.  Victoria 4 doesn't use a lot of video card memory.  I use V4 and Genesis 1.  I hardly use Genesis 3 or 8.  I do have old projects with Victoria 4 that I want to finish.  Plus, I bought a ttton of clothes and hair for her.  I might as well use these clothes and hair on V4 and Genesis 1.  I gotta run and do some chores.

    By

    starionwolf starionwolf July 2021 in The Commons
  • Need help identifying hair (SOLVED!) Thanks Taoz!

    Taoz said:

    Possibly this with some 3rd party shader.  It has a ton of morphs so can be shaped in many ways, and the character could very well be a G2F.

    Janna Hair For Genesis 2 Female(S) And Victoria 4  -  https://www.daz3d.com/catalog/product/view/id/018977

    Was also considering this but it doesn't seem messy enough:

    https://www.daz3d.com/matilda-hair-for-genesis-8-females

    EDIT: Forgot the Janna Hair render, an old one I had, I've applied OOT's shader but doesn't look quite right.

     

     Forgot to add that I think you are right about it being a custom shader for the hair. 

    By

    shadowhawk1 shadowhawk1 July 2021 in The Commons
  • Need help identifying hair (SOLVED!) Thanks Taoz!

    Taoz said:

    Possibly this with some 3rd party shader.  It has a ton of morphs so can be shaped in many ways, and the character could very well be a G2F.

    Janna Hair For Genesis 2 Female(S) And Victoria 4  -  https://www.daz3d.com/catalog/product/view/id/018977

    Was also considering this but it doesn't seem messy enough:

    https://www.daz3d.com/matilda-hair-for-genesis-8-females

     

    You nailed it with the Janna hair, thanks! I was looking in my G3/G8 libraries and didn't even think of checking G2.  

    By

    shadowhawk1 shadowhawk1 July 2021 in The Commons
  • Transferring V4 morphs to G8F/G8.1F

    Store search sure leaves a bit to be desired. Okay ... so going by PA's name ... yes, now we can find V4 Clones for G8,

    https://www.daz3d.com/sy-victoria-4-and-michael-4-clones-for-genesis-8  ;-)

    By

    Catherine3678ab Catherine3678ab July 2021 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • Need help identifying hair (SOLVED!) Thanks Taoz!

    Possibly this with some 3rd party shader.  It has a ton of morphs so can be shaped in many ways, and the character could very well be a G2F.

    Janna Hair For Genesis 2 Female(S) And Victoria 4  -  https://www.daz3d.com/catalog/product/view/id/018977

    Was also considering this but it doesn't seem messy enough:

    https://www.daz3d.com/matilda-hair-for-genesis-8-females

    EDIT: Forgot the Janna Hair render, an old one I had, I've applied OOT's shader but doesn't look quite right.

     

    By

    Taoz Taoz July 2021 in The Commons
  • XTransfer Module 1- Genesis 3 to Genesis 8 Morph Converter (Commercial)

    Zev0 said:

    Hi. If it hasn't crashed it is stil processing. Question... We found it takes a bit longer with those who have a Genesis 8 figure with long load times, does yours take long to load?

    I have tried on another Genesis 3 character and converted it to 8, it took less than a minute. But it didn'r have alot of morphs though only two. 

    With the Esme G3 character, I deleted the victoria 7 morphs related to the esme character and just kept the esme head morph and that worked ok. 

    By

    wintoons wintoons July 2021 in Daz PA Commercial Products
  • 3D Art Freebie Challenge-July 2021-"Wild Wild West" -Main Thread Only

    Hylas said:

    Gallery link

     

    Title: Pony

    DAZ Studio and Photoshop.
    Version before post work attached below.

     

    Freebies:

    1) Skin by LexaKiness: https://www.renderosity.com/freestuff/items/85293/lk-skin-merchant-resource-for-g8m-freebie

    2) Head Morph (partly used) by khoshekh: https://www.renderosity.com/freestuff/items/86774/sokka-for-g8m

    3) Morphs by SickleYield: https://sharecg.com/v/91888/gallery/21/DAZ-Studio/SY-200-Morphs-for-Genesis-8-Head-and-Body

    4) Cowboy Hat by Cocco: http://shop.poseraddicts.com/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=3157

    5) Daisy Dukes by Adam Thwaites: https://www.most-digital-creations.com/g8f_shorts_and_hoody.php

    6) Cowboy Boots by Mint3D: https://www.renderosity.com/freestuff/items/65783/mountain-blues-boots-for-m4

    7) Stubble by intheflesh: https://sharecg.com/v/94752/gallery/21/DAZ-Studio/Dante-DMC5-Free-Stubble-for-Genesis-8-Male

    8) Dollar Bills by Jim Farris: https://www.sharecg.com/v/25053/browse/11/Poser/Free-Money!

    9) Pose based on preset by SquarePeg3D: https://www.renderosity.com/freestuff/items/82812/heavy-hitters-for-g8f

    10) Stage Lights by Rick Bridenbaker: https://www.sharecg.com/v/35900/Poser/Poser-Club-Stage

    11) HDRI by zbyg: https://www.deviantart.com/zbyg/art/HDRi-Pack-1-97402522

    12) Curtain by ArtTailor: https://www.renderosity.com/freestuff/items/81296/background-curtains

     

    No Count:
    - Stage and Pole: Limited Time Freebie by Adam Thwaites
    - Genesis 8 Male Head Morphs
    - Genesis 8 Male Body Morphs

     

    Purchased
    1) SY V4 and M4 clones for G8 to auto-fit the boots
    2) Desperado for G3M for the scarf
    3) Lens Flares and Light Beams for postwork

     

    I feel like this is a winning entry =)

    By

    katywhite katywhite July 2021 in Freebies
  • the skimpiest skimpwear in store?

    Pretty.  I should revisit Victoria 6

    By

    Mistara Mistara July 2021 in The Commons
  • XTransfer Module 1- Genesis 3 to Genesis 8 Morph Converter (Commercial)

    Hi, just using the xTransfer, I was transfering a Genesis 3 character (esme) to Genesis 8, however it seems to be taking a long time to transfer. It's reached 71% but it hasn't crashed.
    It's been going for over an hour and I'm wanting to know is this normal to take this long?

    The model is 

    https://www.daz3d.com/vyk-esme

    It's stuck on the part 'Updating Morph Deltas'

    Also, to add it needs the Genesis 3 Female Head Morphs and Victoria 7 Character. Would that be the reason? 

    By

    wintoons wintoons July 2021 in Daz PA Commercial Products
  • 3D Art Freebie Challenge-July 2021-"Wild Wild West" -Entries Thread Only

    Gallery link

     

    Title: Pony

    DAZ Studio and Photoshop.
    Version before post work here.

     

    Freebies:

    1) Skin by LexaKiness: https://www.renderosity.com/freestuff/items/85293/lk-skin-merchant-resource-for-g8m-freebie

    2) Head Morph (partly used) by khoshekh: https://www.renderosity.com/freestuff/items/86774/sokka-for-g8m

    3) Morphs by SickleYield: https://sharecg.com/v/91888/gallery/21/DAZ-Studio/SY-200-Morphs-for-Genesis-8-Head-and-Body

    4) Cowboy Hat by Cocco: http://shop.poseraddicts.com/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=3157

    5) Daisy Dukes by Adam Thwaites: https://www.most-digital-creations.com/g8f_shorts_and_hoody.php

    6) Cowboy Boots by Mint3D: https://www.renderosity.com/freestuff/items/65783/mountain-blues-boots-for-m4

    7) Stubble by intheflesh: https://sharecg.com/v/94752/gallery/21/DAZ-Studio/Dante-DMC5-Free-Stubble-for-Genesis-8-Male

    8) Dollar Bills by Jim Farris: https://www.sharecg.com/v/25053/browse/11/Poser/Free-Money!

    9) Pose based on preset by SquarePeg3D: https://www.renderosity.com/freestuff/items/82812/heavy-hitters-for-g8f

    10) Stage Lights by Rick Bridenbaker: https://www.sharecg.com/v/35900/Poser/Poser-Club-Stage

    11) HDRI by zbyg: https://www.deviantart.com/zbyg/art/HDRi-Pack-1-97402522

    12) Curtain by ArtTailor: https://www.renderosity.com/freestuff/items/81296/background-curtains

     

    No Count:
    - Stage and Pole: Limited Time Freebie by Adam Thwaites
    - Genesis 8 Male Head Morphs
    - Genesis 8 Male Body Morphs

     

    Purchased
    1) SY V4 and M4 clones for G8 to auto-fit the boots
    2) Desperado for G3M for the scarf
    3) Lens Flares and Light Beams for postwork

     

    By

    Hylas Hylas July 2021 in Freebies
  • 3D Art Freebie Challenge-July 2021-"Wild Wild West" -Main Thread Only

    Hylas said:

    Gallery link

     

    Title: Pony

    DAZ Studio and Photoshop.
    Version before post work attached below.

     

    Freebies:

    1) Skin by LexaKiness: https://www.renderosity.com/freestuff/items/85293/lk-skin-merchant-resource-for-g8m-freebie

    2) Head Morph (partly used) by khoshekh: https://www.renderosity.com/freestuff/items/86774/sokka-for-g8m

    3) Morphs by SickleYield: https://sharecg.com/v/91888/gallery/21/DAZ-Studio/SY-200-Morphs-for-Genesis-8-Head-and-Body

    4) Cowboy Hat by Cocco: http://shop.poseraddicts.com/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=3157

    5) Daisy Dukes by Adam Thwaites: https://www.most-digital-creations.com/g8f_shorts_and_hoody.php

    6) Cowboy Boots by Mint3D: https://www.renderosity.com/freestuff/items/65783/mountain-blues-boots-for-m4

    7) Stubble by intheflesh: https://sharecg.com/v/94752/gallery/21/DAZ-Studio/Dante-DMC5-Free-Stubble-for-Genesis-8-Male

    8) Dollar Bills by Jim Farris: https://www.sharecg.com/v/25053/browse/11/Poser/Free-Money!

    9) Pose based on preset by SquarePeg3D: https://www.renderosity.com/freestuff/items/82812/heavy-hitters-for-g8f

    10) Stage Lights by Rick Bridenbaker: https://www.sharecg.com/v/35900/Poser/Poser-Club-Stage

    11) HDRI by zbyg: https://www.deviantart.com/zbyg/art/HDRi-Pack-1-97402522

    12) Curtain by ArtTailor: https://www.renderosity.com/freestuff/items/81296/background-curtains

     

    No Count:
    - Stage and Pole: Limited Time Freebie by Adam Thwaites
    - Genesis 8 Male Head Morphs
    - Genesis 8 Male Body Morphs

     

    Purchased
    1) SY V4 and M4 clones for G8 to auto-fit the boots
    2) Desperado for G3M for the scarf
    3) Lens Flares and Light Beams for postwork

     

    all the Share CG items had trouble loading while I was checking just now, which seems to point at trouble on the sharer CG site, will probably solved later again, since there are still enough freebies for the challenge

    This is approved, please move to entries!

    By

    Linwelly Linwelly July 2021 in Freebies
  • 3D Art Freebie Challenge-July 2021-"Wild Wild West" -Main Thread Only

    Gallery link

     

    Title: Pony

    DAZ Studio and Photoshop.
    Version before post work attached below.

     

    Freebies:

    1) Skin by LexaKiness: https://www.renderosity.com/freestuff/items/85293/lk-skin-merchant-resource-for-g8m-freebie

    2) Head Morph (partly used) by khoshekh: https://www.renderosity.com/freestuff/items/86774/sokka-for-g8m

    3) Morphs by SickleYield: https://sharecg.com/v/91888/gallery/21/DAZ-Studio/SY-200-Morphs-for-Genesis-8-Head-and-Body

    4) Cowboy Hat by Cocco: http://shop.poseraddicts.com/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=3157

    5) Daisy Dukes by Adam Thwaites: https://www.most-digital-creations.com/g8f_shorts_and_hoody.php

    6) Cowboy Boots by Mint3D: https://www.renderosity.com/freestuff/items/65783/mountain-blues-boots-for-m4

    7) Stubble by intheflesh: https://sharecg.com/v/94752/gallery/21/DAZ-Studio/Dante-DMC5-Free-Stubble-for-Genesis-8-Male

    8) Dollar Bills by Jim Farris: https://www.sharecg.com/v/25053/browse/11/Poser/Free-Money!

    9) Pose based on preset by SquarePeg3D: https://www.renderosity.com/freestuff/items/82812/heavy-hitters-for-g8f

    10) Stage Lights by Rick Bridenbaker: https://www.sharecg.com/v/35900/Poser/Poser-Club-Stage

    11) HDRI by zbyg: https://www.deviantart.com/zbyg/art/HDRi-Pack-1-97402522

    12) Curtain by ArtTailor: https://www.renderosity.com/freestuff/items/81296/background-curtains

     

    No Count:
    - Stage and Pole: Limited Time Freebie by Adam Thwaites
    - Genesis 8 Male Head Morphs
    - Genesis 8 Male Body Morphs

     

    Purchased
    1) SY V4 and M4 clones for G8 to auto-fit the boots
    2) Desperado for G3M for the scarf
    3) Lens Flares and Light Beams for postwork

     

    By

    Hylas Hylas July 2021 in Freebies
Previous Next
Adding to Cart…

Daz 3D is part of Tafi

Connect

DAZ Productions, Inc.
7533 S Center View Ct #4664
West Jordan, UT 84084

HELP

Contact Us

Tutorials

Help Center

Sell Your 3D Content

Affiliate Program

Documentation Center

Open Source

Consent Preferences

JOIN DAZ

Memberships

Blog

About Us

Press

Careers

Bridges

Community

In the Studio

Gallery

Forum

DAZ STORE

Shop

Freebies

Published Artists

Licensing Agreement | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | EULA

© 2026 Daz Productions Inc. All Rights Reserved.