• Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3D Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
    • Game Ready
  • Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions
  • Download Studio
  • Menu
  • Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3d Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
  • Community
    • Our Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

Loading...
Daz 3D Forums > Search
  • Geograft it works, but now I'm not able to select anything

    zeppers said:

    Cyrinadia said:

    I had this issue. I found that for some reason all of the polys had been assigned to the Pelvis or Spine (Genesis 9). I used the Geometry Editing Tool to reassign the polys to their respective Face Groups.

    To do that: go to Geometry Tool, then the Tool Setting tab. Remove all polys from the incorrect item by selecting the group, Right Clicking the group and selecting Remove Selected Group. This will then open up the ability to select with the Geometry Tool brush. Use the Brush and reselect the polys that you used originally. Right click in viewport, Geometry Assignment> Assign to Face Group, and reselect the appropriate bone from the list. Do this for all the bones. This should make them selectable again. (Yet to test, been redoing my tail ;P )

    I tried this but if I reassign the polys to the face group that matches the bone, the polys will assign but I still can't select it in viewport. Do you know how to fix this? 

     

    I feel the need to necro this old thread to put the solution to this issue just in case others have issues and come across this during their search for solutions..
    It had been a long time since I ran through this tutorial and needed to refresh myself, hence running into the issue as well.
    Why this is happening is that the selection groups are lost after you use the transfer utility. Everything in SY's tutorial is fine except there are two steps not mentioned at least in the Part 1 of that tutorial.
    To fix this you need to go into your Joint Editor and in the top left you will see "Selection Group". Now in your scene pane select each bone you want to be able to be selected with the node selection tool. You'll notice that the selection group says "none". In the drop down, select the correct corresponding bones you want. Now you can select using the node selection tool which ever bones you wish.

    There is another part missed, SY corrects this on her deviant art page but I'll put it here. If you follow her tutorial just as it is, you will run into a problem with SubD being applied. This will cause gaps between the Genesis model and your graft. The fix is below.
    When doing the graft selections, follow SY's tutorial just as it is but after you set graft faces on the tail and then auto hide faces on G8, you will also need to select the faces OUTSIDE the border of the graft on G8. Once selected you will need to Set Graft Faces For Attachment again just this time on G8 and not the attachment. So when the popup comes up after you have the border selected on G8, you will see the "Tail" in the list this time.

    Save your figure. Delete the figure you were working on from the scene and reload the figure from where you saved it. Now subd should work perfectly and you should be able to use the node selection tool to select each bone.
    Cheers

    By

    Dark45 Dark45 November 2024 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • Render your buys! Use buys from the current month and the previous month of sales

    dracorn said:

    How the heck did you get the clothes, shoes, etc to fit to the horse's body?

    Richard's answer of custom auto-fit clones is close, but I tend to call my fit shapes "anti-clones" because I've reversed the normal method so that I do the mesh shaping on the source figure before it's re-weighted  (rather than on the target figure after it's reweighted).

    It adds stages to the process, but it considerably improves projection accuracy, which is key for a complex transfer such as this. Even so, the reshaped clothing mesh often needs clean up - or, depending on how lazy I'm being, new holes cut to fit it properly.

    richardandtracy said:

    The untextured clone model must be a sight to behold, and would have been remarkably difficult to create.

    The centaur anti-clone shapes have been through a few refinements, but these days I've got a general method nailed down enough that I can generally create one for a new figure fairly quickly. I had this bunny suit render out within half a day of the rabbits being released.

    The clones are indeed a bit of a sight, but then, to be honest, so are centaurs.

     

    By

    Matt_Castle Matt_Castle November 2024 in The Commons
  • Is the atmosphere ruined?(closed)

    richardandtracy said:

    Must admit I have long thought that the only way to test the accuracy of any transformation script is to do a full circle and compare the end with the beginning. This applies equally with language translators, pose transfer scripts and character transfers too. It's one of the reasons why virtually all my pose transfer scripts have bi-directional versions. Except my G8-G9 one where I lost interest in G9 and couldn't be bothered with the G9-G8 one because there was almost no chance I'd have a G9 pose I'd feel worth putting on my favourite G8F character. Regards, Richard.

    i remember that... apparently that was the most viewd TV moment of 1986.

    By

    SolitarySandpiper SolitarySandpiper November 2024 in The Commons
  • Anime Toons and Filatoon Shader Q&A

    CES3D said:

    Leana said:

    Mada said:

    ArtsyDragon said:

    I am at a loss. I read that we can use the shader on anything. That's awesome. I'm wanting to get the skin texture that shows on Aiko 9 and Vickie on a G8 character. Is this possible? 

    The shader yes, but the skin texture would be using a different uv map. I'm not sure if there is a conversion where you can use G9 textures on G8, someone else might know :)

    There's a "Legacy UVs" product to use G9 textures on G8F: https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-9-uvs-for-genesis-8-and-81-female

    Not sure how well that would work with the Filatoon settings though.

    I've transferred the material from "Genesis 9 Base Anime Feminine" to "Genesis 8 Basic Female" using the "Genesis 9 UVs for Genesis 8 and 8.1 Female".
    Due to the unique UV layout of the eyes, eyelashes, and eyebrows in G9 Base Anime, I've adapted the Genesis 9 Toon Anatomy(Attachment) to Genesis 8 using the Auto-Fit feature. 

    @Mada Thank you for kick starting my brain again. I knew that. I just didn't remember when I needed it.

    I already have that package. I feel like I should have known this. Thank you all for your patience with me. For the extra tip @Ces3D thank you. :)

    In fact, I have all the G9 to (other G figure) packages. Now I'm excited to try this transfer procedure on them too! WOOT! If I can get it to work like decribed, look out world!

    By

    ArtsyDragon ArtsyDragon November 2024 in The Commons
  • Is the atmosphere ruined?(closed)

    BAM! Renders said:

    barbult said:

    BAM! Renders said:

    Torquinox said:

    Frankly, the mods are part of the problem here.

     

    Oh indeed they are... 

    Mods are enforcing terms of service written by Daz.

    Then it is DAZ as well that is not the same.  Why they deleting any sort of comment about what they are doing with memberships?  Why they deleting any sort of comment asking about Gen 9 to Gen 8 Morph Conversion?  I think you know why... Answer: DAZ is not the DAZ of old... 

    Aside from long threads on the memberships, long threads on Genesis 9, and at least one long thread on methods for morph conversion you are of course somewhat correct.

    By

    Richard Haseltine Richard Haseltine November 2024 in The Commons
  • Is the atmosphere ruined?(closed)

    barbult said:

    BAM! Renders said:

    Torquinox said:

    Frankly, the mods are part of the problem here.

     

    Oh indeed they are... 

    Mods are enforcing terms of service written by Daz.

    Then it is DAZ as well that is not the same.  Why they deleting any sort of comment about what they are doing with memberships?  Why they deleting any sort of comment asking about Gen 9 to Gen 8 Morph Conversion?  I think you know why... Answer: DAZ is not the DAZ of old... 

    By

    BAM! Renders BAM! Renders November 2024 in The Commons
  • Gen 2 or 3 male character with muscular arms

    For a rendering need I am asking for a recommendation for a male character (Gen 2/3) with muscular arms natively, as I think dialing up the bodybuilder option or simply increasing the arm morph dial isn't quite getting the desired result.

    By

    y11971alex y11971alex November 2024 in The Commons
  • dForce issue with G9 Kaede

    Looking at the description of the dress, the Spinning Bird Shape is not among the support shape and Auto-follow doesn't seem to be able to take care of creating the morph needed for it.

    But Kaede 9 is listed as a supported shape, so if you want to try a timeline simulation like the one I suggested, you should be able to start with Kaede 9 base shape instead of Genesis 9 base shape, and dial in the Spinning Bird Shape at frame 15.

    By

    Elor Elor November 2024 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • Custom Categories in 4.22 transfer to 4.23?

    I have a bunch of custom categories to make finding what I want easy, but it's on 4.22. If I upgrade to 4.23 will the categries transfer over or am I going to have to make then all over again?

    By

    bruce_rob668 bruce_rob668 November 2024 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • The Mac FAQ

    inquire said:

    Now I'm reading about thunderbolt 5. I have thunderbolt 2 on my Macintosh Pro, late 2013 edition. With connectors, I should be able to connect to a current Mac with thunderbolt 4, so that I could transfer my files over.

    if I don't buy a Mac until there's one with thunderbolt 5, and if there isn't a connector to go from thunderbolt 2 to thunderbolt 5, would there be a service to copy my files over for me, or to transfer my files onto a drive that is thunderbolt 5 compatible?  Would an outfit like Best Buy be able to do this? What would be the best way to accomplish this, or whom would I contact?

    has anyone had experience with this issue before?

    Thunderbolt 5 is compatible with Thunderbolt 3 and 4. The Apple Thunderbolt 2 -> 3 adapter can connect the drivers to the tunderbolt 5 port.

     

    By

    Totte Totte November 2024 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • The Mac FAQ

    Now I'm reading about thunderbolt 5. I have thunderbolt 2 on my Macintosh Pro, late 2013 edition. With connectors, I should be able to connect to a current Mac with thunderbolt 4, so that I could transfer my files over.

    if I don't buy a Mac until there's one with thunderbolt 5, and if there isn't a connector to go from thunderbolt 2 to thunderbolt 5, would there be a service to copy my files over for me, or to transfer my files onto a drive that is thunderbolt 5 compatible?  Would an outfit like Best Buy be able to do this? What would be the best way to accomplish this, or whom would I contact?

    has anyone had experience with this issue before?

    By

    inquire inquire November 2024 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • How can I create an Eyepatch that will morph onto the head of my character?

    The problem will be avoiding distortion - turning it into a figure would let it follow bone and morph movements, but not rigidly; there are ways to make it act rigidly but they are likely to require manual adjustments for each pose or morph change.

    By

    Richard Haseltine Richard Haseltine November 2024 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • dForce issue with G9 Kaede

    Does the dress start with part of its geometry inside Kaede's legs ?

    If it's not the case, I don't know what could cause your problem but I'm sure wiser heads will have more ideas than mine.

    If it's the case, it could messed up simulation and I had a kinda similar problem with a pair of pants for Genesis 8 I converted to Genesis 3: due to the different starting position of Genesis 3 legs compared to Genesis 8, both legs of the pants started inside each other (in my case, the fix was easy: change the starting position of Genesis 3 to match the one from Genesis 8).

    In your situation, if it's indeed the cause, you can either fix the clothes (creating a morph to make it fit Kaede better and using it to replace the one automatically generated by Daz Studio when you fitted the clothes on Kaede) or doing a timeline simulation, to gradually dial Kaede shapes onto Genesis 9.

    A 45 frames simulation can be set as follow:

    • At Frame 0, load Genesis 9 and the clothes.
    • At Frame 15, dial in Kaede's shapes into Genesis 9.
    • At Frame 30, set the final pose

    The last 15 frames are required to let the clothes flowing where they should (they are replacing the second part of a 'Current Frame'  and 'Start Bones from Memorized Position' simulation).

    The biggest advantage of this solution, compared to create a morph, is that everything is done in Daz.

    The main downside of this solution is you now have to deal with a timeline but you can extract the shape of the clothes at the last frame to create a morph, then you can reset the timeline and use the morph in a non timelined scene (as a bonus, not having to save the full timeline means a smaller scene file):

    By

    Elor Elor November 2024 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • How can I create an Eyepatch that will morph onto the head of my character?

    I have this eyepatch that I've made in c4d and constrained to my character via position constraint. But there is subtle face movement (eyebrows, squinting, cheeks & mouth moving etc) that clip through the patch because they arent bound to the rig or moved by joints etc. Is there a way for me to make the patch within daz so it can move & morph as a part of my characters actual skin movements?

    By

    davidaindow15 davidaindow15 November 2024 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • Announcing: Daz Deals Browser Add-on II

    paolo_35229750 said:

    @Ati

    Product URL Change:

    From Best Price Notification

    SKU:56239 - Mika 8 Morph Target Resource Kit for Genesis 8 Female

    was: https://www.daz3d.com/mika-8-morph-target-resource-kit-for-genesis-8-female

    now: https://www.daz3d.com/mika-8-enhanced-morphs-resource-kit-for-genesis-8-female

    Thank you, I updated the product url. 

    By

    Ati Ati November 2024 in The Commons
  • My Favorite Script (Commercial)

    takezo_3001 said:

    crosswind said:

    @Zev0

    After applying the saved Pose preset, the values in Scale of some joints are not correctly set (doubled to 200%)... probably a bug.

    JSON file is attached. Ticket has been sent as well. Thanks in adv.

    That's because you have checked the zero morph on new character, when it zeros the morphs that include the correctives as well, at least that's what happened to me, so I don't check the zero morph box... 

    Thanks, but I didn't check Zero Shape which is unchecked as default, and I just saved Pose Status only ~~ i.e. no Shape data in JSON file at all.  Besides, the strange thing is that the Scale values in JSON file are correct ... so I think the culprit comes from the script per se...

    By

    crosswind crosswind November 2024 in Daz PA Commercial Products
  • My Favorite Script (Commercial)

    crosswind said:

    @Zev0

    After applying the saved Pose preset, the values in Scale of some joints are not correctly set (doubled to 200%)... probably a bug.

    JSON file is attached. Ticket has been sent as well. Thanks in adv.

    That's because you have checked the zero morph on new character, when it zeros the morphs that include the correctives as well, at least that's what happened to me, so I don't check the zero morph box... 

    By

    takezo_3001 takezo_3001 November 2024 in Daz PA Commercial Products
  • Morphs not appearing/disappearing

    I was setting up a scene and when I came to moving the avatar's eyes to look a certain direction, I noted that genesis 9 had no morphs' to move the eyeballs.

    I saw others use genesis 9 and they had the standard morphs, same as on the other genesis, so I am confused why they're not visible for me?

    I did for a split second on loading up the scene, clicked on face and saw "look left," morph, and such, but they went away, are they interfering with other sets of morphs? 

    Whenever I have added they seem to pile up nicely rather then remove, or take a slot of another set of morphs, so I am a bit confused, help would be appriciated.

    -- Simply, eye morphs with look at various directions are not there.

    By

    babylacyjacy babylacyjacy November 2024 in New Users
  • Help after update face transfer

    Did you use the Save option in Face Transfer?

    By

    Richard Haseltine Richard Haseltine November 2024 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • Announcing: Daz Deals Browser Add-on II

    @Ati

    Product URL Change:

    From Best Price Notification

    SKU:56239 - Mika 8 Morph Target Resource Kit for Genesis 8 Female

    was: https://www.daz3d.com/mika-8-morph-target-resource-kit-for-genesis-8-female

    now: https://www.daz3d.com/mika-8-enhanced-morphs-resource-kit-for-genesis-8-female

     

    By

    paolo_35229750 paolo_35229750 November 2024 in The Commons
Previous Next
Adding to Cart…

Daz 3D is part of Tafi

Connect

DAZ Productions, Inc.
7533 S Center View Ct #4664
West Jordan, UT 84084

HELP

Contact Us

Tutorials

Help Center

Sell Your 3D Content

Affiliate Program

Documentation Center

Open Source

Consent Preferences

JOIN DAZ

Memberships

Blog

About Us

Press

Careers

Bridges

Community

In the Studio

Gallery

Forum

DAZ STORE

Shop

Freebies

Published Artists

Licensing Agreement | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | EULA

© 2026 Daz Productions Inc. All Rights Reserved.