• Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3D Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
    • Game Ready
  • Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions
  • Download Studio
  • Menu
  • Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3d Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
  • Community
    • Our Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

Loading...
Daz 3D Forums > Search
  • Is Genesis 8.1 an HD figure out of the box?

    So, to follow up...

    Is there an HD / extra skin detailing and surfacing for the Genesis Base Female and Male? Or does that only come with Character add-ons, such as Victoria? 

    I ask because I'm doing side by side rendering here with Genesis Base Female, and Then Victoria 8 / HD, and Eva 8 / HD, and the Genesis base definitely has less skin pores, creases, etc., than do Victoria and Eva. So wondering can you actually get that extra surface detailing with just the Gensis Base Figures. 

    By

    solarview solarview December 2021 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • Is Genesis 8.1 an HD figure out of the box?

    Victoria 8 and Victoria 8.1 are not connected - they are just the first Daz characters released for their versions of Genesis.

    By

    Richard Haseltine Richard Haseltine December 2021 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • Is Genesis 8.1 an HD figure out of the box?

    To add to this..,

    Does Victoria 8.1, for example, actually give you more abilities in posing, than does Victoria 8? Or is she simply a newer-look character.

    Seems that I read that 8.1 mostly gives you more face-posing flexibilty, and that that is the key diffence between Genesis 8 and Genesis 8.1. 

    So does that mean that in using Victoria 8, she is limited to the pose flexibilty of the previous Genesis 8 version? And thus does not get access to the extended 8.1 added facial flexibilties?

    By

    solarview solarview December 2021 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • [Diffeo] Strength of custom morph JCM? (resolved)

    I can confirm that with the latest version 1.6.1.0761 only Victoria 8 and Victoria 8.1 seem to work, the other figures don't. For example Jacqueline that worked fine for me before. I see Thomas changed something in the adjusters code, going to report the bug ..

    https://bitbucket.org/Diffeomorphic/import_daz/issues/797/

    By

    Padone Padone December 2021 in Blender Discussion
  • Male Clothing Content Dead?

    Serene Night said:

    I kinda wondered about that. Unless you invest more in making good military, and fantasy outfits then the future gaming potential unless you are going for female only games is practically nil.

    It often seems to me that a lot of the people making decisions at DAZ don't really understand the real world applications of the software... let alone actually use it.  How else to explain weird decisons like demoting Victoria and Michael from the names of the actual base figures to the designations of just another set of morphs that the users don't even need to purchase?            

    By

    Cybersox Cybersox December 2021 in The Commons
  • Male Clothing Content Dead?

    empty said:

    benniewoodell said:

    AllenArt said:

    For as little as their is for men out there, I do have to hand it to Mada...when she does make a male outfit, it's usually a really good one.

    https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-naval-uniform-for-genesis-8-males

    https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-corsican-raider-outfit-for-genesis-8-and-81-males

    https://www.daz3d.com/streetscape-outfit-for-genesis-8-males

    https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-house-brownie-outfit-for-genesis-8-males

    Luthbel and Luthbellina are also standouts. I realize the reason they aren't as prolific - when you put more effort into something, it takes longer ;). I just wish Luthbel stuff had more morphs, but I suffer thru...lol. So, a big thank you to those who DO make male outfits semi-regularly...we appreciate it.

    I wish Luthbel could update this to G8 with dForce. That would be a great addition for G8M clothing. 

    https://www.daz3d.com/eldritch-seeker
     

    When I see this outfit I get upset because I loved Gianni as a figure and deeply mourn his loss....but nowadays the only characters who will ever get a revival in coming genrations will be Michael and Victoria...sigh

    P.S. - sorry this was off topic

    By

    Fungible User Fungible User December 2021 in The Commons
  • Licensing

    stephenschoon said:

    Richard Haseltine said:

    Moved to Art Studio as it is not a Daz Studio question.

    Use how? As 2D renders, yes*, as 3D data, only with and in accordance of the terms of an Interactive License.

    * there is a partial exception for the old Anne Marie Goddard Digital Clone for Victoria 3.

    Richard, the OP mentioned game dev so I do not believe this is a Art question and should be in the Daz Studio forum.

    Regards
    Steve.

    Games can't be art? It is a question about usage rights, nothing to do with the application so it definitely doesn't belong in the Daz Studio forum. Please don't disrupt the thread with a side issue.

    By

    Richard Haseltine Richard Haseltine December 2021 in Art Studio
  • Licensing

    Richard Haseltine said:

    Moved to Art Studio as it is not a Daz Studio question.

    Use how? As 2D renders, yes*, as 3D data, only with and in accordance of the terms of an Interactive License.

    * there is a partial exception for the old Anne Marie Goddard Digital Clone for Victoria 3.

    Richard, the OP mentioned game dev so I do not believe this is a Art question and should be in the Daz Studio forum.

    Regards
    Steve.

     

    By

    stephenschoon stephenschoon December 2021 in Art Studio
  • Licensing

    Moved to Art Studio as it is not a Daz Studio question.

    Use how? As 2D renders, yes*, as 3D data, only with and in accordance of the terms of an Interactive License.

    * there is a partial exception for the old Anne Marie Goddard Digital Clone for Victoria 3.

    By

    Richard Haseltine Richard Haseltine December 2021 in Art Studio
  • Are Victoria 4 Internal Organs rigged ?

    GuyGenesis said:

    hansmolleman33 said:

    I always wondered if the organs can be posed individually ? I make horror artworks and always been considering buying that product:

    https://www.daz3d.com/v4-internal-organs

     

    For example can the guts be posed how I would like or is it just a static prop ?

     

     

    Maybe what your looking for?
    https://www.daz3d.com/gutz 

     

    I already have that one, great product but I like the guts texture from Victoria 4 internal organs product.

    By

    hansmolleman33 hansmolleman33 December 2021 in The Commons
  • Importing to 3DS Max breaks pose

    So, when i import some models via DAZ -> MAX, the hair stays in original position and does now follow the exported pose, is theere a way to fix this somehow? At the moment i am working with Victoria 8.1. They hair i am using is supported by 8.1 and comes in layers. From what i can see, the layers are the parts that does not stick with the pose.

    Hope i am making sense. Thanks! 

    By

    danielastrom danielastrom December 2021 in 3ds Max Discussion
  • Are Victoria 4 Internal Organs rigged ?

    I always wondered if the organs can be posed individually ? I make horror artworks and always been considering buying that product:

    https://www.daz3d.com/v4-internal-organs

     

    For example can the guts be posed how I would like or is it just a static prop ?

     

     

    By

    hansmolleman33 hansmolleman33 December 2021 in The Commons
  • Recommend pose sets with expressions included

    I love this one, as it has many partial poses, making the set very versatile:

    https://www.daz3d.com/z-villains-pose-mega-set

     

    Edit - some more sets:

    https://www.daz3d.com/post-apocalyptic-road-rage-poses-for-genesis-8-and-81

    https://www.daz3d.com/love-is-love-couple-poses-for-genesis-8

    https://www.daz3d.com/cdi-poses-for-sahira-8-and-genesis-8-females

    https://www.daz3d.com/cdi-poses-for-valentino-8-and-genesis-8-male

    https://www.daz3d.com/cdi-pirate-poses-for-wolfgang-81

    https://www.daz3d.com/cdi-pirate-poses-for-jinx-jones-81

    https://www.daz3d.com/sexy-poses-and-expressions-for-genesis-8-male-and-lee-8

    https://www.daz3d.com/z-up-for-drinks-props-and-poses-for-genesis-8

    https://www.daz3d.com/mad-love-couple-poses-for-genesis-8-male--genesis-8-female

    https://www.daz3d.com/demure-ii-poses-and-expressions-for-genesis-8-female-s-and-victoria-8

    https://www.daz3d.com/kyra-fantasy-outfit-for-genesis-8-female-s (yes, it contains poses and expressions)

     

    And I am not even one third through my poses collection. Just check the store of Zeddicus. Many of the pose sets there contain expressions.

    By

    watchdog79 watchdog79 December 2021 in The Commons
  • Makeup Shader help

    go to default resources for daz studio? How do i do that again i'm still learning

    (I think i might've found it? But Still i have to pay for those other 8.1 figures like Victoria to use the make up?)

    By

    Puma283f Puma283f December 2021 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • Makeup Shader help

    Load a Genesis 8.1 figure that uses it, like Victoria 8.1.

    Or alternatively go to your "Default Resources for Daz Studio" product and apply it manually.

    By

    margrave margrave December 2021 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • AIUTO...CHI CONOSCE L’ITALIANO? PARTE TREDICI

    Kainjy said:

    Messaggio rivolto a tutti:
    mi sevirebbe un parere su una cosa.. sto cercando gente che sa usare DAZ e un programma 3D di modellazione ma non sa creare contenuti (vestiti, capelli, ecc..) per DAZ Studio. Mi basta che sappia fare 2 cose in croce con un programma 3D (Blender, Maya, C4d, 3Dsmax o qualsiasi altro)
    Fatemi sapere se vi interessa.

    Io uso DAZ Studio da un bel po' (ho cominciato quando era appena uscita Victoria 4) e ho cincischiato un pochino con Blender (ma non ho tempo per imparare ad usarlo davvero). Se fai qualche tutorial mi interessa di sicuro

    By

    Silvhe Silvhe December 2021 in The Commons
  • Making favorite V4 textures fully usable on G8

    https://www.daz3d.com/legacy-uvs-for-genesis-8-victoria-4

    is probably the easiest way

    otherwise you need to project them some way from one mesh to another and both need to occupy the same 3D space

    Clone shapes and Blender texture baking, Zbrush Zprojection, Ultimate Unwrap3D repaint Blacksmith 3D addons

    it gets complicated fast!

    I actually use that product with Map Transfer and Gimp to create textures for a non geografted Genesis8 as well which is more work but doable

    By

    WendyLuvsCatz WendyLuvsCatz December 2021 in New Users
  • Making favorite V4 textures fully usable on G8

    https://www.daz3d.com/legacy-uvs-for-genesis-8-victoria-4

    This is the only way I know of.

    It's kind of cumbersome to use - no shade towards the PA, there probably isn't a easier way to do it.

    Use of LIE, geoshells, geografts, etc is very limited whe using this product.

    But it gets the job done. Works on G8.1 as well.

    By

    Hylas Hylas December 2021 in New Users
  • Kind of "shell problem" with nylon Stockings of iWave.

    Thanks to all of you for your comments!
    The Cutout Opacity Slider in the Surface Tab had no effect on the silver layer underneath the stockings, but it changed the opacity of the stockings material as it should do.
    By building up the scene new, starting with a default Victoria 8, the problem dind not occur again - so it seems to be solved.
    Thanks again, Andreas

    By

    andreas_3925051 andreas_3925051 December 2021 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • Clara 8.1

    Clara 8.1 looks great! I just noticed this week that my favourite 8.1 Core Figure skins/characters are by Yannek/Kayleyss (I don't know what happened to Michael 8.1's morph though). I hope they'll give the males another try.

    I have no use for a ballerina, and the Nutcracker is my least favourite Tchaikovsky, but the deal on the Mega Bundle when purchasing two new Daz+ items makes it decent. Thanks, Daz, for doing this well.

    OT, I just saw "The Limehouse Golem" and discovered that Victoria 8.1 looks like Olivia Cooke, and Xue Hair will mimic her coif in that film.

    By

    xyer0 xyer0 December 2021 in The Commons
Previous Next
Adding to Cart…

Daz 3D is part of Tafi

Connect

DAZ Productions, Inc.
7533 S Center View Ct #4664
West Jordan, UT 84084

HELP

Contact Us

Tutorials

Help Center

Sell Your 3D Content

Affiliate Program

Documentation Center

Open Source

Consent Preferences

JOIN DAZ

Memberships

Blog

About Us

Press

Careers

Bridges

Community

In the Studio

Gallery

Forum

DAZ STORE

Shop

Freebies

Published Artists

Licensing Agreement | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | EULA

© 2026 Daz Productions Inc. All Rights Reserved.