-
!! Store Issues - Known Problems - Please Read !!
Keep in mind Daz Central is the official download manager, DIM is almost "outdated"
Huh? Who said it was outdated? IIRC Daz Central was riddled with so many problems it screwed up many people's studios. The forums have people who won't touch it now because they tried it. I'll take outdated over flaky anyday.
Plus I seem to remember looking at the requirements and my computer didn't qualify. I'm sure I'm not alone in that.
Dana
!! Store Issues - Known Problems - Please Read !!Keep in mind Daz Central is the official download manager, DIM is almost "outdated"
Huh? Who said it was outdated? IIRC Daz Central was riddled with so many problems it screwed up many people's studios. The forums have people who won't touch it now because they tried it. I'll take outdated over flaky anyday.
!! Store Issues - Known Problems - Please Read !!Keep in mind Daz Central is the official download manager, DIM is almost "outdated"
Moderator fact-check - this post is flagged as disputed information
Anyone else experiencing this?Had you closed DS just before openign Daz Central to install? With Install Manager, and I assume with Daz Central, that can lead to the Content Management System being unavailable when installing and so the products' not being listed as installed.
Where is Genesis 3 and 8 Face Control User Guide PDF?I bought Face Control and downloaded/installed it through Daz Central but cannot locate the user guide pdf. Anyone know where I can download a copy of this?
how do I remove all "deleted" content from my library?Manual installs would not add metadata to the database unless you imported metadata deliberately. The symbols mean that neither the file nor its thumbnail are being found where the database says they should be. Are the products affected showing in Daz Central as available to install?
No, I didn't see them at all in DAZ Central....
Anyone else experiencing this?I purchase product and install into Studio with Central. All appears to install. When I go into Studio all of the products that appeared installed thru Central show they need to be installed, and with DAZ Connect being so s-l-o-w it takes a while to install them. Also, I still have some products that appear to install, but continue to show they are not installed. So, I have some purchased product I cannot use because of this. This is what the log file says:
2020-11-29 19:24:43.483 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): Got an unknown command from the persistent connection: <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">
2020-11-29 19:24:43.483 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): Got an unknown command from the persistent connection: <html><head>
2020-11-29 19:24:43.484 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): Got an unknown command from the persistent connection: <title>400 Bad Request</title>
2020-11-29 19:24:43.484 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): Got an unknown command from the persistent connection: </head><body>
2020-11-29 19:24:43.484 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): Got an unknown command from the persistent connection: <h1>Bad Request</h1>
2020-11-29 19:24:43.486 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): Got an unknown command from the persistent connection: <p>Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.<br />
2020-11-29 19:24:43.486 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): Got an unknown command from the persistent connection: </p>
2020-11-29 19:24:43.486 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): Got an unknown command from the persistent connection: </body></html>
2020-11-29 19:24:43.489 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): peer performed orderly shutdown errno=0how do I remove all "deleted" content from my library?Manual installs would not add metadata to the database unless you imported metadata deliberately. The symbols mean that neither the file nor its thumbnail are being found where the database says they should be. Are the products affected showing in Daz Central as available to install?
how do I remove all "deleted" content from my library?I installed DAZ using DAZ Central and installed the stuff I bought from the store, then I noticed all that gobbledygook in various places in my content library. I do remember manually installing some resources some time ago but then uninstalled DAZ afterward, then re-installed it (a couple times).
How to improve the store ?What I'd like to see improved is:
- Searching the Product Library (and to an extent, DIM too), and being able to search products by PA's name. Products get removed from the store and PA's leave, but what you've bought is in your Product Library for as long as the store is running. (I don't use DAZ Central or DAZ Connect, but I don't think these can do this either.)
- Separating the "Compatible Software" category. It's become so cluttered that it's become difficult for me to read. I'd prefer it was split into in-app software like dForce, apps where it can be accessed natively like DS or Poser, and for the bridges to be their own category.
- Mentioning the download file size in the Product Description. Often times, the download size is often huge because of unoptimized textures. (Specifically, items that have multiple hi-res .TIFF or .PNG maps per material zone. Too many maps load at once and it slows things down.) Sure I can look at the number of textures listed but that isn't necessarily a good indicator of how big the product is.
DAZ Studio not launching in Macbooks with M1 ChipHey all, I recently upgraded my Macbook to the new ones with M1 Chip. Since then, everytime I click on Daz Studio in DAZ Central , it does not launch. Is anyone else facing this issue? I am stuck and would really appreciate your suggestions and help. Thank you in advance!
DAZ Central loading forever / not workingI can't get past this problem. I've tried reloading Daz Central several times. Every time I launch it, it hangs on "loading". Is there any help for this?
You may need to opena support ticket, though there's always the hope that they will be able to find an underlying issue that will fix it for all those affected.
4.14 crashingLogging in with your browser of Central/Install manager should be no problem - as far as I know - but theer do seem to be some oddities following the store software change that may throw errors if DS itself is allowed to connect (from the Connect menu, but it may be worth checking the update checks and the improvement programme (if you opted in to that) just in case they are an issue. I have update checks and, I think, the improvement programme on and haven't had major crashes - but with all the froum activity recently I also haven't been doing that much with DS.
DAZ Central loading forever / not workingI can't get past this problem. I've tried reloading Daz Central several times. Every time I launch it, it hangs on "loading". Is there any help for this?
DAZ Studio a complete breakdown.Can anyone help with this please? I tried to update DAZ to 4.14 yesterday but everything seemed to go wrong. After the update some new products I had bought would not install but they did show on both DIM and DAZ Central.(SKU 19404 was one product, old rowboat) When I loaded a figure it came onto the workspace totally white as if bathed in intense light and with a harsh shadow. I tried to sort this out for myself without success, even tried a factory reset, no luck. What I have now is as you see in the attached pic. So, before I delete DAZ altogether I thought I would appeal for help and guidance to the forum. Thank you for taking the time to read this.
Have a nice day.
DAZ Central loading forever / not workingNow it works again..... however i cant have it install stuff on my C: Drive so i will try to change the installation path in daz central again... wish me luck
DAZ Studio communication to server failedPeople have been reporting issues logging in, mainly with DIM/Daz central but it would not be altogether surprising if Connect was affected (though I don't believe they use the same servers).
Why is Daz Tech Support so bad?At the same time somebody find the time to develop Daz Central instead of fixing the existing download managers.
Daz Central which is a new source of issues.
The QA team of The Sims 4 is also very busy there is still a ton of things to fix 6 years later, I'm not surprised that Daz Tech support is overwhelmed.
Even the PAs take a long time to fix their stuff.
SickleYield didn't fix the too long path of several products (more than 255 characters, 1 year old ticket)
Do Over . . how to uninstall so I can reinstall 4.9We had the same problem. You need to clear out app data
Uninstall daz
uninstall DIM/central
**this next part is commonly why things are not fixed or reoccur or go to the wrong drive or location**Remove the hidden files and stored info from:
- C:\Users\Your Username\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D (this is different based on where it was created on the drive example, C may be E ect)
- Remove anything DAZ from here
- Reboot after this
- Reinstall everything fresh
Installing keeps failing?I'm having a similar problem, DAZ Central just hangs after starting, with a spinning "LOADING" animation. I've tried re-installing, lots of other things. It affects multiple machines, the old one that's too slow (but worked until yesterday) and the new one that I just got yesterday. Looking at the logs, it seems that it's logging into my account correctly, but then complains of a syntax error in one of the JSON files it's downloading. I think DAZ's server is serving up a dud file; IOW, it's broken on their end.
I've also trick DIM, but I get the same problem, and a similar error in the logs. I don't think there's any hope of it being fixed before Monday. I filled out a trouble ticket, and got a message that they have a 4-6 week backlog. I'm a newb at this, and regretting choosing DAZ studio already. If they really take 4-6 weeks to get to looking at it, I'll have already asked my credit card company to reverse the charges for my Black Friday purchases.








