• Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3D Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
    • Game Ready
  • Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions
  • Download Studio
  • Menu
  • Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3d Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
  • Community
    • Our Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

Loading...
Daz 3D Forums > Search
  • morph identity

    Some morphs work quite well when dialed in both directions, so if the character you have has the right sized hips for your purpose but the wrong sized waist, you can try dialing the waist morphs in a positive or negative direction to suit your needs. If the morph starts at a 0% state and you want to go negative you can click on the little wheel/cog at the right of the dial to pull up a properties menu and then uncheck the "limits" option. This will allow you to dial the morph in an unintended direction but it may still work. Depending on how different your intended character shape is from your actual character shape, this can be more or less work.

    By

    IsaacNewton IsaacNewton February 2019 in Product Suggestions
  • Customized Character Tutorials

    OK, time for another custom dial-spun character, based upon G3F in this case. This is the result of attempting what I believe to be one of the more difficult morphing tasks, to create a character based upon a real individual. It can be a painstaking and occasionally frustrating exercise. The key to peace of mind is not to become too obsessed and knowing when to say, "Close enough!". Created completely using morph sliders in DAZ Studio, rendered in 3Delight. Click on the thumbnail for full size.

     

    By

    SixDs SixDs February 2019 in Art Studio
  • Welcome to Hatsune Miku Anime Manga Cafe ☕

    Not that anyone has asked, but when using Aiko 3, I have a "default' .CR2 loaded with the "Mila" face morph by Thorne & Sarsa which I've tweaked a bit with various dials from Beth Capsces' "Kioki".  That mixture gives A3 a somewhat more realistic nose and fuller lips.  For my Alita renders, I used T&S' earlier product "Sylphie" for its slightly more stylized, triangular features.  Like most of their character sets, Sylphie" had the full, pouty lips befitting the Panzer Kunst master of Scrap Iron City.

    Sincerely,

    Bill

    By

    Redfern Redfern February 2019 in Art Studio
  • morph identity

    Hi i was wondering if there is a way or a product  that would allow me to see all the morphs/morph values ?  that were used in making a character , so that if i i just want the hips , and legs or other parts, i could zero the rest out and make the rest of her or him  back to the org genesis product.  If there is no such product i would be interested in one being made.

    By

    andrushuk1 andrushuk1 February 2019 in Product Suggestions
  • Transfering Clothing Morphs

    I've done this a several times and it works quiet good.

    You just need to open the extended options of the Transfer Utility dialogue and change some settings.

    See the sceenshot I once uploaded for something else the settings are not exactly suitable in your case but show some important checkmarks to set.

    1. Weight Maps: have this checked - Merge Hierarchies - you don't need to have that checked since the new mesh object set as Target has no rigging so there is nothing to be merged

    2. Selection Map: have it checked - not shure what it is good for the Joint Editor got Selection Group settings and the Geometry Editor got Selection Sets maybe it has something to do with those

    3. Face Groups: uncheck this - if your updated geometry object you've imported still got the Face Groups or updated Face Groups - I haven't had good results with the Face Group projection of nearly identical meshes

    4. Morph Targets: you defenatly need to have this checked - it is important to switch the From Source: None to All in the extended options to have all morphs from the Source transfered over to the Target

    5. Region Groups: I don't know exactly what this is for - the Geometry Editor shows some body area Region Groups but if you mouse over a body part the Face Groups are actualy used to select the bone

    6. Surface Groups: uncheck this - it's the same like with the Face Groups the Surface Groups also refered to as Material Zones gets imported by the OBJ anyway and don't have to be projected/transfered

    7. Reverse Source Shape From Target: let it unchecked - if your geometry mesh is unmorphed and represents the default base shape

    8. Replace Source With Target: this is the most important setting to make shure all property sliders (not just morphs) from the Source gets transfered - Post Transfer Options gets greyed out with this

    By

    Syrus_Dante Syrus_Dante February 2019 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • GenX2 - Need Help

    I tried to revisit this and I think I have a clue as to where I'm going wrong, but I'm not sure how to fix it. (I tried looking at the videos available but they are all for transferring V4 to Genesis.) I'm trying to go from Genesis 2 to Genesis 3. Near the top, there is a drop down where you can pick the source character. I pick Genesis 2 and the window below populates with things like Actor, Head, etc. Those I believe are the morphs. Next you have to add the character you want to convert. In the videos, they drag a character from their library over and drop it. That sets the morphs. In the videos, it is always a Cr2. But I don't have Cr2s; I have dufs. Except for the older figures like Mike 4. If I try to drag Michael 6 over to the window and drop it, nothing happens. His icon for loading him is a duf. There is nothing for him under the Poser Library. There is a load button but that only takes Cr2s. There is also a Load Pose button and that will accept a duf, but nothing still seems to get set. In the video I watched, they dragged a character called Elena over and when they dropped it, check marks got added to the first column under some of the sections. When I load a pose, nothing gets checked in the first row. So do you have to use a Cr2 for this? Or am I just dong something wrong? It seems like I have to load the figure I want to convert, but I can't figure out how to do it. I would think dufs would work, since Genx is suppose to transfer between M4V4, genesis, genesis2 and geneis 3. I thimk M3V3 can be transferred. I have that product too.

    Have you tried using the method as outlined by MN-150374 on page 1?, give it a go. https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/2189421/#Comment_2189421

    M3V3 will convert up to Genesis 2. If you want to use a M3V3 morph on a Genesis 3 figure, convert it to a Genesis/Genesis 2 morph then convert the new morph to Genesis 3.

    By

    Bunyip02 Bunyip02 February 2019 in The Commons
  • No HD, No Peace! Or... A little peace? I dunno...

    I've never purchased HD.  What is HD and how is it used ? thanks. 

     

    HD, as handled by DAZ Studio, is a way of adding details to a model that is independent of the textures applied to the figure. Instead of using a normal map for details, the additional details are sculpted into the model at a much higher subdivision level than is usually used by DAZ Studio. This higher detail model becomes the basis for an HD morph for the character.

    Thanks so much for explaination friend.  Will have to give it a try smiley

    By

    AJ2112 AJ2112 February 2019 in The Commons
  • Issue with eyes from Generation X2 converted figures..

    Another issue I've found is that if I have used GenX to transfer the SAME morphs more than once, such as, transferring Victoria 4 twice, then the Victoria 4 slider has to be set at 50%.

    By

    Fauvist Fauvist February 2019 in The Commons
  • GenX2 - Need Help

    I tried to revisit this and I think I have a clue as to where I'm going wrong, but I'm not sure how to fix it. (I tried looking at the videos available but they are all for transferring V4 to Genesis.) I'm trying to go from Genesis 2 to Genesis 3. Near the top, there is a drop down where you can pick the source character. I pick Genesis 2 and the window below populates with things like Actor, Head, etc. Those I believe are the morphs. Next you have to add the character you want to convert. In the videos, they drag a character from their library over and drop it. That sets the morphs. In the videos, it is always a Cr2. But I don't have Cr2s; I have dufs. Except for the older figures like Mike 4. If I try to drag Michael 6 over to the window and drop it, nothing happens. His icon for loading him is a duf. There is nothing for him under the Poser Library. There is a load button but that only takes Cr2s. There is also a Load Pose button and that will accept a duf, but nothing still seems to get set. In the video I watched, they dragged a character called Elena over and when they dropped it, check marks got added to the first column under some of the sections. When I load a pose, nothing gets checked in the first row. So do you have to use a Cr2 for this? Or am I just dong something wrong? It seems like I have to load the figure I want to convert, but I can't figure out how to do it. I would think dufs would work, since Genx is suppose to transfer between M4V4, genesis, genesis2 and geneis 3. I thimk M3V3 can be transferred. I have that product too.

    By

    Kev914 Kev914 February 2019 in The Commons
  • No HD, No Peace! Or... A little peace? I dunno...

    I can tell right away if a male character has his elements by looking at his groin...

     

    Can I ask a stupid question?  How do you get the pants to cover the "parts"?  Everytime I load them up, they stick out of everything I put on the character (I'm using Genesis 3, BTW, if that makes a difference).  I'd love for my guys to look more realistic there, but not show off everything they've got...

    sadly it doesnt work on all clothing, and works best on things like swimsuits and short and underwear. The trick is you have to move the elements around so they are kind of pushed back into the figure. The idea is to have a suggestion that something is there but the reality is it likely would be rather painful. surprise

    Then you turn smoothing up on the clothing item. Sometimes use a touch If bulge as well if the clothing item has the morph,

    you can also use bulge morphs on the figures. but they don’t have as much detail as the method describe, but may be appropriate for thicker clothing.

     

    Ah, ok.  It seems to me this should be easier.  Oh well.  Thanks!  Sorry for going a bit OT.

    By

    Fae3D Fae3D February 2019 in The Commons
  • Mimic Pro standalone final version

    the default dmc file will be somewhere 

    am not sure actually where as I have it in so many places cheeky

    is a .dmc file

    in plain text can open in notepad 

    save as all files .dmc not .txt afterwards 

    if you read it will see values and morph names etc you change those to suit

     

    By

    WendyLuvsCatz WendyLuvsCatz February 2019 in Carrara Discussion
  • No HD, No Peace! Or... A little peace? I dunno...

    A compromise could be readily achieved which would satisfy both camps with a create your own pro bundle approach. Take the starter bundle and a pool of the 5 addons which would normally comprise the pro pack. Add the HD morph to that pool. Of the six packages the customer chooses 5 to add to the starter bundle to convert it into the Pro bundle. That way Daz controls and effectively delivers what they would want in the pro bundle, and people won't be feeling they are missing out if the HD morph is included.

     

     

    I would love to see this option.

    By

    Daywalker Designs Daywalker Designs February 2019 in The Commons
  • Morph Keyframes and Keymate

    By Keyframing the morphs dials , you get a better dynamic animated 
    look to the morphs and you don't need key-mate or graph-mate in order 
    to animate the morphs dial  and you can go back and change and customize
     the morph value as you work along the timeline.

    I always animate the morph dial values

    If you use alot of lipsynch with additional facial animation layered on top
    of the basic mouth phonemes then
    IMHO you need graphmate for timing when to blend in a smile or a frown
    and  it also makes it  easier if you need to move that facial expression
    forward or backward in time by marquee selecting the keys and dragging
    them left or right

    Here is an example of a shot  already sent over to C4D
    and is rendering as I write this

    This Female crew member was speaking a line of dialogue (via mimic live)
    but was suddenly interrpeted by a fairly
    horrific scene being broadcast on her workstation monitor.

    You can see on the spline graph where  her "fear" morph
    suddenly blends from zero to one.

    I have Hundreds of morphs for the G2 female
    (possibly every morph ever released for G2F) .

    To be able to isolate  any one
    of them in the spline graph editor
    is the  type of visual feedback  I need when developing motion
    or fine tuning existing motions imported from Iclone.

    By

    wolf359 wolf359 February 2019 in The Commons
  • No HD, No Peace! Or... A little peace? I dunno...

    I prefer that the HD morph be included in the pro bundles. Since they are basically another option of the base character the bundle is built around, it makes sense to have it included.  I dont use them often but I do like them for close up renders.

    By

    Daikatana Daikatana February 2019 in The Commons
  • Morph Keyframes and Keymate

    Where do morph keyframes like facial expression morphs show up in Keymate? All I see are bone keyframes.

    when animating morphs  with daz studio Its so much easier to use the morphs values in the dials and "Apply the morphs value movements to each keyframe as the morphs is needed using the morph dials instead of trying to actually do the morph in the keyframe its self which would require a deformer be added to the mesh.

    By Keyframing the morphs dials , you get a better dynamic animated look to the morphs and you don't need key-mate or graph-mate in order to animate the morphs dial  and you can go back and change and customize the morph value as you work along the timeline.

    But that is just my opinion  when animating with daz studio,  Its so much easier to use the morphs values in the dials and "Apply the morphs value movements to each keyframe.

    By

    Ivy Ivy February 2019 in The Commons
  • No HD, No Peace! Or... A little peace? I dunno...

    I can tell right away if a male character has his elements by looking at his groin...

     

    Can I ask a stupid question?  How do you get the pants to cover the "parts"?  Everytime I load them up, they stick out of everything I put on the character (I'm using Genesis 3, BTW, if that makes a difference).  I'd love for my guys to look more realistic there, but not show off everything they've got...

    sadly it doesnt work on all clothing, and works best on things like swimsuits and short and underwear. The trick is you have to move the elements around so they are kind of pushed back into the figure. The idea is to have a suggestion that something is there but the reality is it likely would be rather painful. surprise

    Then you turn smoothing up on the clothing item. Sometimes use a touch If bulge as well if the clothing item has the morph,

    you can also use bulge morphs on the figures. but they don’t have as much detail as the method describe, but may be appropriate for thicker clothing.

     

    By

    Serene Night Serene Night February 2019 in The Commons
  • mcjTwist - Script to add Twist Morphs to anything ! Updated and made safer

    mcjTwist for Daz Studio HAS BEEN updated, upgraded and made safer-

    https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts2/mcjtwist

    by safer i mean, if you used version 1 to create a morph on an object in subdivided state, the scene could never be reopened after you save it

    unless maybe you temporarily removed the /data/ files for the twisted object

     

     

     

    image

    image

    image

    By

    mCasual mCasual February 2019 in Freebies
  • Carrara Non Photo Realistic Works

    Continuing the colourful Alien saga....

    great to see a narrative unfolding - you should make a book in the end!

     

    Before I got started in Carrara, I would make an Alien head morph in that other software that they have to give away for free, make a background in Bryce, then combine the two renders in PaintShopPro. Doing a bit more advanced work in Carrara.

    By

    Bunyip02 Bunyip02 February 2019 in Carrara Discussion
  • Can a morph be linked to a rigged motion? (Solved)

    Hello lukon 100,

    About the creation of link between properties (Such as between motion and morph), you can also look at my tutorial at:https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/tutorial-daz-studio-erc-feadture/81207

    Allstereo

    Thanks Allstereo. I'll be sure to consult your tutorial when the time comes.

    By

    lukon100 lukon100 February 2019 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • No HD, No Peace! Or... A little peace? I dunno...

    A compromise could be readily achieved which would satisfy both camps with a create your own pro bundle approach. Take the starter bundle and a pool of the 5 addons which would normally comprise the pro pack. Add the HD morph to that pool. Of the six packages the customer chooses 5 to add to the starter bundle to convert it into the Pro bundle. That way Daz controls and effectively delivers what they would want in the pro bundle, and people won't be feeling they are missing out if the HD morph is included.

     

     

    I think this would be a great idea.  I would love to be able to switch out a pose set or a hair I don't care for and instead get the HD morphs!

    By

    Fae3D Fae3D February 2019 in The Commons
Previous Next
Adding to Cart…

Daz 3D is part of Tafi

Connect

DAZ Productions, Inc.
7533 S Center View Ct #4664
West Jordan, UT 84084

HELP

Contact Us

Tutorials

Help Center

Sell Your 3D Content

Affiliate Program

Documentation Center

Open Source

Consent Preferences

JOIN DAZ

Memberships

Blog

About Us

Press

Careers

Bridges

Community

In the Studio

Gallery

Forum

DAZ STORE

Shop

Freebies

Published Artists

Licensing Agreement | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | EULA

© 2026 Daz Productions Inc. All Rights Reserved.