-
Why can't purchases be "sent" directly to DIM / DAz Central as they used to?
This has been bugging me now for a while and I though it should be a temporary glitch but it is existing now for too long to be considered unintentional. Formerly, after purchasing from DAZ Store, one could select a direct install through either DIM or DC - now there is just that stupid link which would allow to download either - which I have both installed on my machine (needless to say, as almost everyone I prefer sticking with DIM) but it even doesn't work for DC - which rules out a desperate attemtp to make this option more attractive. Which christians the elephant "Why"....
DELETEI haven't tried Daz Central, and won't- but if you install via that, can you ever go back to DIM? Because isn't it true DIM doesn't know what has already been installed via DC? That would be a mess.
Yes, you can go back. No, it isn't true that DIM will not know what DC installed.
How can I do a Completely Clean Install ?I have somehow managed to get the whole thing screwed up.
Daz Central won't even load and start properly now.
How can I do a Completely Clean Install ?Daz Central/Daz Install manager install to a common folder, Daz Connect installs each product to its own sub-folder of /data/cloud/ in the daz Connect data directory - the differnt locations is therefore expected.
Categorisation iss tored in the local database, by default in %AppData%/daz 3d/cmd/contentcluster/. Unless you transferred the AppData folder to your new machine you should not be getting customised categories.
You need to make sure that D:\Daz 3D\Applications\Data\DAZ 3D\My DAZ 3D Library\ is listed as a Daz Studio Format (and probably a Poser Format) content directory in Content Directory Manager, then you shoudl be able toa ccess the Daz Central installs.
How can I do a Completely Clean Install ?I am having a terrible time getting my content moved to a new system. Several issues as listed below. Any and all help on any of these issues would be appreciated.
Some background: Problems started when I discovered that DAZ had been downloading content to my C: drive which being rather limited in space filled up. I attempted moving the contents to a larger drive and this had various issues, not the least of which months of work categorizing data seems to have been lost and an old (unwanted) version of the categorization re-appeared as if by (evil) magic. Meanwhile I have upgraded computers and rather than just migrating everything I have tried to install the new version of Daz on the new computer and began installing and categroizing data using Daz Central. After loading a few things I noticed that it too was installing to the C: drive on the new computer So I stopped and tried to get that corrected only to see things totally bolluxed up. Since I'd not gotten too far in this effort I just went ahead, de-installed and wiped the various DAZ directories hoping to start from scratch.
Life is not that kind...
1: Reinstalled Daz Central and Daz Studio. Through Daz Connectt installed Starter Essentials for Genesis & Genesis2, 3, 8.
1a. Expected to be able to see these in Daz Studio. No such luck. Noticed that some of my settings had been saved from before I had wiped everything This seems to indicate that some data is being stored in a place I was not aware of. Hmmm...
1.b Installed one small package to see where it would go. Installed dForce Myles Beard for Genesis 8 Male(s) first using Daz Central.
1.b.i: The package ended up in the following directory but was not seen by Daz Studio :
D:\Daz 3D\Applications\Data\DAZ 3D\My DAZ 3D Library\People\Genesis 8 Male\Anatomy\AprilYSH1.b.ii: So I tried installing it directly from Daz Studio as it was in my available tab. In this instance the files installed into the following directory:
D:\Daz 3D\Applications\Data\DAZ 3D\My DAZ 3D Library\data\cloud\1_76918\people\genesis 8 male\anatomy\aprilysh
Obviously I have a mismatch between Daz Central and Daz Studio. But I am not sure where..1c. Also, since the product installed with categorizations I have previously given it which had not been done on this computer I have to assume it pulled that in from elsewhere and the dirrectory "cloud" indicates to me that it's somehow associated with my Daz account. THis might give me some hope that eventually I might be able to get my contents back with the categorizations I actually want, but that is probably too much to ask for.
2: Trying to figure out where my mismatch is between Daz Central and Daz Studio: Here are the settings:
Daz Central
Base Path Location : D:/Daz 3d
Daz Studio Install Location: C:/Daz 3d/Applications/64-bit/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4
Daz Studio Install Location: D:/Daz 3D/Applications
Unreal Engine Install Location: D:/Daz 3D/ApplicationsDaz Studio Content Directory Manager:
Daz Connect Data: D:/Daz 3D/Applications/Data/DAZ 3D/My DAZ 3D Library3: So I guess the questions becomes:
3A: Is there some way I can properly get Daz Connect and Daz Studio looking at the same place for data again?
3B: Barring that is there some way I can completely unistall the applications to start wtih a clean slate?
3C: If my categorization data is actually being stored in the cloud with my account, How can I find/access it directly?products not installingSome of my tools will not install.
DaztoMaya - no go
meshgrabber - nogo
meshgrabber rotation - nogo
I have all of my content files on an external drive but Daz Studio is in the C: drive default library
I also have a studio install that is hung at 86% for 4 days. Daz works fine for what I've reinstalled but it has issues.
Caz Central needs some work.
!! Store Issues - Known Problems - Please Read !!I've avoided both DIM and the newer DAZ Central. Won't go near them. And I'm perfectly happy with Studio 4.12 staying far away from the new features of 4.14. (Just because they skipped the unlucky number 13 doesn't mean the Universe wasn't keeping count.)
!! Store Issues - Known Problems - Please Read !!Keep in mind Daz Central is the official download manager, DIM is almost "outdated"
LOL...not for me it ain't ;).
Laurie
Nor for anyone else.
Thanks for get it confirmed, Richard.
I only use DIM to download my purchases and sporadically Product Library - when downloads works there.
Download Failed and Network ErrorHello,
same over here with
(72077) Sobek's HD Alternate Skins 1 of 2
(72077) Sobek's HD Alternate Skins 2 of 2
(73673) Iselind Hair for Genesis 3 and Genesis 8 Females
Works neither with Install Manager, DAZ Central nor by manual download.
!! Store Issues - Known Problems - Please Read !!The Now-Crowd Egyptians don't show up in neither DIM nor Daz Central. I opened a ticket for it that has confirmed it as a bug, but doesn't move since.
Tried manual download, since the product is more than 10 GB, it ran almost 24 hours, reached 100 % and failed.
I'll give it a week, then I'll return the product.
!! Store Issues - Known Problems - Please Read !!Keep in mind Daz Central is the official download manager, DIM is almost "outdated"
Not true. Daz Central is a simplified version for beginners. For more advanced features you need DIM. And DIM is the engine behind Daz Central.
Not to mention that to use content from other stores, Daz Central is useless.
DELETEI haven't tried Daz Central, and won't- but if you install via that, can you ever go back to DIM? Because isn't it true DIM doesn't know what has already been installed via DC? That would be a mess.
DELETEOOPS so far ... Where is DS 4.14? When I try to download, it goes to DAZ Central. I refuse to put tha ton my system again.
Did a search for DIM .. nothing came up. Maybe I'm done with DAZ.Do you have DIM installed ? It may be available in your DIM downloads
!! Store Issues - Known Problems - Please Read !!Keep in mind Daz Central is the official download manager, DIM is almost "outdated"
LOL...not for me it ain't ;).
Laurie
Nor for anyone else.
!! Store Issues - Known Problems - Please Read !!Keep in mind Daz Central is the official download manager, DIM is almost "outdated"
LOL...not for me it ain't ;).
Laurie
!! Store Issues - Known Problems - Please Read !!Keep in mind Daz Central is the official download manager, DIM is almost "outdated"
Keep in mind Daz Central is the official download manager, DIM is almost "outdated"
Huh? Who said it was outdated? IIRC Daz Central was riddled with so many problems it screwed up many people's studios. The forums have people who won't touch it now because they tried it. I'll take outdated over flaky anyday.
...if the IM is ever scrapped I'll just go back to manual downloads and running the hatever last version of the IM is at in offline mode to install.
!! Store Issues - Known Problems - Please Read !!Keep in mind Daz Central is the official download manager, DIM is almost "outdated"
Then they would have to make DC more stable. Yes, it is realiable. I can rely on DC to mess up my installation (MacOS "Catalina") each and every time I try. It installs items all over the place and does not always respect path settings. Quite some products do not work at all when installed via DAZ Connect, and some PA's require (!) that their product is installed via DIM.
Can't Connect with 4.14I finally got the newest version and Daz Connect installed on a new laptop. I can download content through Daz Central, however, I cannot log in via the log in page inside Studio. When I do, it just disappears and I have to pull up the program again. I can get it to work in offline mode however, it crashes ever 2 to 5 minutes. My log in information changed from just my email address (via Dim) to (daz central)email address. I'm now far past frustrated. I've been using this program for several years now and would really like to be able to continue. I am also not able to connect via DIM as it simply crashes back to desk top as well.
!! Store Issues - Known Problems - Please Read !!Keep in mind Daz Central is the official download manager, DIM is almost "outdated"
Not true. Daz Central is a simplified version for beginners. For more advanced features you need DIM. And DIM is the engine behind Daz Central.
!! Store Issues - Known Problems - Please Read !!Keep in mind Daz Central is the official download manager, DIM is almost "outdated"
Nothing outdated about DIM. Remember that Central was originally designed and promoted as a "training wheels" front-end for the core DIM code, deliberately simplified so it would be easier for beginners to use. Central is also IMHO not really suitable for anyone already using DIM and happy with it, especially if they use a non-default content setup — that's been the source of many of the "DAZ deleted my content!" (it didn't) complaints that have cropped up far too often in recent months.












