-
Where are the highly detailed, muscular HD-Addons for Genesis 8 female? Like Ophelia 7's HD-Addon?
You can't. At this stage of the Genesis 8 life cycle, there's likely only a few short months before Genesis 9 is launched, and the lead time on a full Daz character is not brief. (Given all of the characters, hairs, outfits and pose sets in the bundle can only be finalised once the base character is finished, as they need to work for that character, and any change to the base would affect anything based off it - and they all need to be ready to go before the character can be launched).
It's possible that they're planning an Ophelia this late in the cycle, as I think she was the penultimate character in Generation 7, but I wouldn't necessarily hold your breath; the last returning character was Eva 8, all the way back at the start of December, and I think that thus far she's the only character to return after having appeared only in one previous generation (I believe every other character who's returned in Gen 8 has appeared in at least two previous generations), which isn't good news for Ophelia, who was new in Gen 7.
Honestly, as I suggested before, your most reliable option is to convert Ophelia's HD morph to a displacement map.
My 3 video card experienceDon't be mislead into thinking that there's no difference in performance between 1 card and 3 on my current build. There definitely is, but if all cards were at capacity as they would be on an 40 lane board, it'll run even faster ... and it's already damn fast, even given my processor/board limitations.
AFAIK the number of lanes doesn't matter for rendering. You can even use risers to render with 1x pcie 2 that's 500M per lane. Once the scene is transferred into gpu vram the lane is not used anymore. The number of lanes does matter for games that need to connect to the viewport so they need to transfer fast. Or to render out of core.
I also agree that there's no valuable speed difference between two generations. Usually a 20% or so, so not really a big deal. The last 20xx though may make the difference when/if rtx technology is used and if shaders are simple enough to allow the raytracing job to take the most of the rendering time.
For the most part it doesn't. I ran some benchmarks when I had my external GPU setup https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/4071171/#Comment_4071171. Fewer lanes did result in slightly lower setup times(by a second or two), but over the course of an entire render, that's hardly anything. Having an additional card installed was always faster than not having it.
Better scalp for hair (Geograft or geoshell)All great suggestions, I like the idea with the GeoShell Scalp. I thought about and just tryed it myself while making some tutorial screenshots to show how it can be done.
At first my biggest concern was about the default UV set "Base Female" of the genesis figures that has the UV seams on the head. The scalp area is divided into the surfaces Face and Body and the second is even split in half and has a much lower texture resolution. I have a shaved hair GeoShell product in my library that shows exactly this difference in the Torso and the Face UV map. See the attached screeshots for that.
Blender Hair ScalpUV G3F
So I went further and loaded everything in Blender and compared the UV map of a scull cap of another hair (Brady Hair) with the default genesis 3 female Base Female UVs.
In Blender there is a Modifier that I used called Data Transfer that works like the transfer Utility in Daz Studio but it can also project UV maps. In the image series you can see I've tried different things but finaly I've used that modifier to "transfer" the Brady Hair scull cap UVs to the genesis 3 figure head mesh. The thing is the PAs would need to agree to use some default scalp UV map provided by Daz for new hair products preferable all the same for the different Genesis generations and gender. Otherwise you have alot work to do to project different scull cap UVs from various PAs and hair products all to the desired Genesis figures. Once you have the scalp UVs of the original hair on the genesis figure you can use the original hair textures for your GeoShell.
DazStudio Hair ScalpUV G3F GeoShell
I had exported my genesis 3 female OBJ from Blender with the scalp UV. Next in DazStudio I've loaded the UV-set and created the Geoshell. In the Prameters pane Property Group "Shell" you see there is a long list of Visibility buttons to help you hiding unneccesary parts of the GeoShell. What confused me at first is that I had to enable not just the Face and the Body surfaces but also the Head ..em Region? to have some ski mask like visibility on the GeoShell. In the end I've deleted the original scalp geometry from the hair and replaced it with the GeoShell scalp and the original textures.
You can click on the title or any thumbnail image to jump to the imgBB gallery. In the gallery page there are arrows on the left and right edge to scroll trough the image series showing everything step by step. I tried to show the difficulties with the UV map and solutions. I hope at least some can follow along and find it useful.
Blender Hair ScalpUV G3F - imgBB Gallery
DazStudio Hair ScalpUV G3F GeoShell - imgBB Gallery
Body Morph Kit for Genesis 3 Male and Merchant Resource QuestionThe reason that there may be a question about the Merchant Resource terms for the G8M version of the Body Morph kit is that the product page tells you to refer to the readme for the terms, and then the readme for the G8M version says ... absolutely nothing about what the terms may be. They appear not to have made it into the document.
The G3M version, on the other hand, has some fairly detailed "Merchant Resource Usage Terms" listed on the page.
Daz and/or SF-Design may want to do a bit of copy/pasting to get the terms into the G8M version's page. (Also ... nobody noticed that issue until now? Really?)
Body Morph Kit for Genesis 3 Male and Merchant Resource QuestionNo I meant the https://www.daz3d.com/body-morph-kit-for-genesis-8-male by the same artist.
Animation applied on Hip in Animatehello
i use this system only fbx transfer with genesis 1./ after i use converter for other character
Animation applied on Hip in AnimateHello,
I found some character animations in FBX format.
I would like to convert them to Animate format to create a more complex animation.
The conversion works fine in Animate but the main rotations and positions are applied on the Hip and not on the Character.
It is easy to correct this small problem using a script:
The rotations and the positions of the Hip are copied on the Character.
The rotations and the positions of the Hip are then initialized to 0.My main problem is that it is difficult to correctly appreciate the final animation with these bad rotations and displacements.
It is necessary to apply the script before to see the correct animation.I tried to select the Hip (and not the Character) at several steps of the process, but the result is always bad.
Is there a way to transfer the rotations and the positions on the Hip in Animate?
Or is there a way to transfer the rotations and positions on the Hip when we want to transfer the Animate animation to the Timeline?
Or is there another way?I thank you by advance.
Gérald
Body Morph Kit for Genesis 3 Male and Merchant Resource QuestionThe product description says to see "read me" for proper uses for developing commercial products, is there a way to see that before purchase to know if morphs combined with other Merchant resources and on morphs can be baked in together? Does the G8 version have the same restrictions?Male Makeupyou could do the male female UV swap on any LIE texture maps and use map transfer I guess
SF-Designs Appreciation ThreadCan we just take a moment to seriously praise this man a bit? SF-Designs really is one of the very few artists here that really goes out of his way to make character and morph content for males, especially in the young/teen department. Despite the fact the 3D hobbyist market struggles to justify steady production on the male figure, artists like this dude right here really adds some practicality for any occasion, be it everyday, wholesome, erotic, hip, you name it! His products are so kit bashable as much as they do well on their own.
I used to talk to and encourage SF-Design a couple years back on Rendo, and he would always deliver and impress me! So, I'm always a bit of sucker for his stuff! :DDisplacement Project - FeetThe flat stubby feet are terrible. I hope you can make a product and bring some realism to one of the most neglected part of the many models. The gif is impressive indeed.
Are the feet custom sculpted or are you using the "Beauty Fingers and Toes"-morph? Are you planning on making a morph for more realistic shape of the feet too or just maps?
Skinny ribs for Genesis 8
Sounds good to me.Hi PaganArtist, thanks for the link. Sickle Yield does some fine work and this is a very generous free package. I'm sure some of these morphs will be useful. As to the ribs, there is the ribcage morph which emphasises the lower edge of the ribcage and the FBM Skinny which creates a anorexic/zombie like figure. At low values the Skinny morph does add someribs especially to the front but not really at the sides.
I'm sure that SY would agree that the kind of fine detail shown in the pictures above is not possible in Genesis 8 without using the DAZ3d HD technology which is reserved for DAZ PAs, and specifically selling at the DAZ Store. Genesis 8 simply does not have enough polygons in this region to make those kind of realistic morphs on the Base mesh.
Yep. The free morphs are the best I could do at a legal poly count (can't release HD morphs for free, it's in all our contracts), but you would really need an HD morph. I thought maybe there was something for it in Zev0's belly control morphs, but it looks like there's not. I don't know if enough people would buy a "torso sculpt" pack for Daz to take it, but it might be worth a try. Although it will take longer than a morning, lol. Daz3d has too much overhead to sell a product that has only one or two partial-body morphs in it, so it's going to need 25-50 probably to get accepted. I'll add it to the list to at least attempt after my current magic pack.
Can someone make HD 'beauty fingers and toes' for Genesis 8 female?i wish bluejaunte would do a morph package like this. a variety of realistic hands and feet, fingers and toes.
he does an amazing job with this kind of realistic shaping and detail work on his HD characters. and every character is unique.
j
Skinny ribs for Genesis 8Hi PaganArtist, thanks for the link. Sickle Yield does some fine work and this is a very generous free package. I'm sure some of these morphs will be useful. As to the ribs, there is the ribcage morph which emphasises the lower edge of the ribcage and the FBM Skinny which creates a anorexic/zombie like figure. At low values the Skinny morph does add someribs especially to the front but not really at the sides.
I'm sure that SY would agree that the kind of fine detail shown in the pictures above is not possible in Genesis 8 without using the DAZ3d HD technology which is reserved for DAZ PAs, and specifically selling at the DAZ Store. Genesis 8 simply does not have enough polygons in this region to make those kind of realistic morphs on the Base mesh.
Yep. The free morphs are the best I could do at a legal poly count (can't release HD morphs for free, it's in all our contracts), but you would really need an HD morph. I thought maybe there was something for it in Zev0's belly control morphs, but it looks like there's not. I don't know if enough people would buy a "torso sculpt" pack for Daz to take it, but it might be worth a try. Although it will take longer than a morning, lol. Daz3d has too much overhead to sell a product that has only one or two partial-body morphs in it, so it's going to need 25-50 probably to get accepted. I'll add it to the list to at least attempt after my current magic pack.
Waist lowering clothing fixerI’d love a clothing fixing morph for G8m to lower the waist of a clothing item. This is especially useful when fitting female outfits to men— usually the waists turn out high. Maybe something like decrackifier?
i got fit control for G3M+G8M, and discovered that sometimes you can use the pull down sliders for that (i like low waist pants etc), it might work... results might be acceptable... or not, depends ^^. if you have it anyways, try it out. if you don't they are quite good products for other purposes, could be interesting ^^
Waist lowering clothing fixerI’d love a clothing fixing morph for G8m to lower the waist of a clothing item. This is especially useful when fitting female outfits to men— usually the waists turn out high. Maybe something like decrackifier?
Can someone make HD 'beauty fingers and toes' for Genesis 8 female?My favorite HD morph actually comes with a character, Aurore ( https://www.daz3d.com/aurore-for-genesis-3-and-8-female ). She works with both Gen 3&8, has a belly button ring, and a tounge ring, and has some of the best looking feet details in the HD sculpt. I dial her HD morph into almost all my dial spun characters, looks great even without any of her character morph turned in. She's a heck of a deal if you ask me, you're getting two HD morphs and two(ish) characters, along with the jewelry. She's even on sale now!
But yes, I agree, I'd love to see that morph package for the fingers and toes more forward to gen 8. There is a product on Renderosity that I like for the hands called Golden Core Hands and Feet. I don't really use the foot morph all that much, but the hands look great IMO.
Skinny ribs for Genesis 8I'm sure one of the Artists here must be able to make a product like this.
No doubt someone could, but how likely is it to sell well enough to justify the time investment?I don't know. In fact no one knows, and no one will know until someone does make the morph(s). This only requires a morph, no rigging, no texture, nothing fancy; so, for a skilled PA (such as yourself, for example
), surely not more than a mornings work. 3D Art Freebie Challenge-March 2019-"Lady Luck" -Main Thread Only3D Art Freebie Challenge March 2019 "Lady Luck"
"Lucky Ladies"
Starring: Tika (by RenderGuyNY)The tale:
Instead of drinking the cherry blossom tea geiko Kimiha and geiko Tsunemomo both had two cups of sake and were having a lot of fun when suddenly the doors slide open. Fortunately it was just maiko (an apprentice) Ayumi and not one of the instructing full geisha because then they would have been in serious trouble! "Pfeww!" (幸運の女神 means 'Lady Luck')
Soundtrack:
Alphaville - Big In Japan (1984)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tl6u2NASUzU
COUNTABLE FREEBIES: (Alphabetic order)#01! AA Satin Dot Shaders for Daz Studio - Iray by AllenArt
https://sharecg.com/v/86624/gallery/21/DAZ-Studio/AA-Satin-Dot-Shaders-for-Daz-Studio-Iray **#02! AllenArt Iray Jewelry Shaders by AllenArt
https://www.sharecg.com/v/85120/gallery/21/DAZ-Studio/AllenArt-Iray-Jewelry-Shaders **#03! Amy AiMei for Genesis 8 Female (morphs only) by Amy AiMei
https://www.deviantart.com/amyaimei/art/Amy-AiMei-for-Genesis-8-Female-morphs-only-687709757#04! Aoi-marked Pill Case by Zippo (Laboratory108)
http://lab108.x0.com/lab108/misc.html (item 24)#05! Asa Akira for G3F by Desterotica
https://sharecg.com/v/90971/gallery/21/DAZ-Studio/Asa-Akira-for-G3F **#06! Bonsai Stand by 3Zi
http://sanzisannzi.blog83.fc2.com/category6-11.html (Scroll down to '3Zi_BonsaiStand.zipDownload')#07! Cherry Corsage by 3Zi
http://sanzisannzi.blog83.fc2.com/category6-8.html (Scroll down to '桜の髪飾り(3Zi_CherryCorsage)の配布')
[Single Cherry Blossom]#08! Cyclide Ritual Earrings (OBJ) by LuxXeon
https://www.deviantart.com/luxxeon/art/Free-3D-Model-Cyclide-Ritual-Earrings-555485992#09! Daruma by Zippo (Laboratory108)
http://lab108.x0.com/lab108/misc.html (item 15)#10! Fancy Candle (Iray) by AllenArt
https://www.sharecg.com/v/87930/gallery/21/DAZ-Studio/Fancy-Candle-Iray **#11! Helena Promo Makeup by AprilYSH
http://shop.aprilsvanity.com/helena-hair.html#12! G3F 6 Gored Skirt & TShirt by Wilmap's Digital Creations
https://www.wilmapsdigitalcreations.co.uk/view_product.php?id=469 **
[Skirt used]#13! Ginkgo biloba by Xfrog inc.
http://xfrog.com/product/BN08.html **#14! Gwennili Hair for Genesis 3 Female by kayleyss
https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/gwennili-hair-for-genesis-3-female/77151 **#15! Iray car related shader presets 'megapack' by Tom2099
https://www.deviantart.com/tom2099/art/Iray-car-related-shader-presets-megapack-539622361#16! Japanese Lanterns by nergal83
https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/japanese-lanterns/76668 **#17! Japanese Umbrella by Tweety
http://park.geocities.jp/flashformobile/since2013/download/download_2.html (item 8)#18! Kakejiku by Zippo (Laboratory108)
http://lab108.x0.com/lab108/furniture.html (item 18)#19! Kanza-si Asian Hair Pin by MeshWorks
https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/kanza-si-asian-hair-pin/81019 **#20! Komachi-Hair for V4 by Fujiko
https://www.sharecg.com/v/38698/Poser/Komachi-Hair-for-V4 **
[Used the comb and hairpin]#21! Magazine by Zippo (Laboratory108)
http://lab108.x0.com/lab108/household.html (item 2)#22! mcjJapaneseStyleScreens by mCasual Jacques
https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts9/mcjjapanesestylescreens#23! mcjSlideWall02 by mCasual Jacques
https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts9/mcjslidewall02#24! Miko for G8F by Ocelot1300
https://sharecg.com/v/93218/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/Miko-for-G8F **#25! Morph Expansion Pack for Wilmap's G2F Short Skirt by BlackFeather1973
https://www.sharecg.com/v/76461/gallery/21/DAZ-Studio/Morph-Expansion-Pack-for-Wilmaps-G2F-Short-Skirt **#26! Oiran Clogs by Fujiko
https://www.sharecg.com/v/34015/gallery/11/Poser/Oiran-Clogs **#27! Oiran Decanter by Fujiko
https://www.sharecg.com/v/34087/gallery/11/Poser/Oiran-Decanter **#28! Oiran Rouge by Fujiko
https://www.sharecg.com/v/33987/gallery/11/Poser/Oiran-Rouge **#29! Orchid Flower in Hexagonal Pot by CGAxis
http://free.cgaxis.com/product/3d-orchid-flower-in-hexagonal-pot/ *1#30! Pillow by kratzdistel
https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/pillow/80880 **#31! Sago Palm by Xfrog inc.
http://xfrog.com/product/HP05.html **#32! Sake Bottle by Zippo (Laboratory108)
http://lab108.x0.com/lab108/food.html (item 36)#33! She's A Lady Poses for Genesis 3, Genesis 8 Female by Marlene Turcotte
https://www.sharecg.com/v/90074/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/Shes-A-Lady-Poses-for-Genesis-3Genesis-8-Female **#34! Shimmery Sheer II Shader Presets for Iray by AllenArt
https://sharecg.com/v/91062/gallery/21/DAZ-Studio/Shimmery-Sheer-II-Shader-Presets-for-Iray **#35! Shiny Wood Tiles Free PBR Texture by CGAxis
https://free.cgaxis.com/product/shiny-wood-tiles-free-pbr-texture/ *1#36! Tatami and Pedestal Set by Aarki
https://www.deviantart.com/aarki/art/Tatami-and-Pedestal-Freebie-148688210#37! Tika for G8F by RenderGuyNY
https://sharecg.com/v/93222/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/Tika-for-G8F **#38! Trish Hair for Genesis 3 Female by kayleyss
https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/trish-hair-for-genesis-3-female/77150 **#39! Uchiwa by Zippo (Laboratory108)
http://lab108.x0.com/lab108/household.html (item 3)#40! V4 Free Pearls & Fans by Rick Bridenbaker
https://www.sharecg.com/v/35896/Poser/V4-Free-Pearls-&-Fans **#41! Vase 03 by OneSix
https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/vase-03/77360 **#42! Villainous Masks Props for DAZ Studio by MDO2010
https://sharecg.com/v/87391/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/Villainous-Masks-Props-for-DAZ-Studio **#43! Wind Bell by Zippo (Laboratory108)
http://lab108.x0.com/lab108/household.html (item 8)#44! Wind Chimes by Jim Farris (Xaa)
https://www.sharecg.com/v/41919/gallery/11/Poser/Wind-Chimes **#45! Woodland Forget-me-not 3D Model by CGAxis
https://free.cgaxis.com/product/woodland-forget-me-not-3d-model/ *1
NO-COUNT ITEMS:--- IDG Vibrant Light Probes (The Holiday Loyalty Sale 2018 Free Item)
PURCHASED/PAID FOR ITEMS: None. 100% Free
*1 E-mail address required
** Registration required
#x! Countable Items (Bold ones are used by me for the first time.)
--- No longer available freebies
++ Free with DAZ Studio (or the Essentials)
$x. Purchased/Paid For Item
Rendered with DAZ Studio 4.10.0.123 (nVidia Iray)Other free software used: GIMP v2.10.8 and Irfanview 4.52
Postwork: (oa) used the AltaLux Image Enhancement Filter (Effect) by Stefano Tommesani that comes with Irfanview and the Lens Flare that come with GIMP.

"Lucky Ladies"
Same as above:
The ShareCG links have been acting odd so I couldn't verify them yet, not sure if shareCG has a site problem atm of if the is just my access being weird (bad mirror or something)
Still even without those (if the would count as non count items ) you have enough working links So
Please move to Entries thread!
If someone could have a look at the sharecg links and throw in a line here that they work, that would be very appreciated.
Thanks!
The Abomination HDWhile I certainly do appreciate the character (purchased) I feel like he is missing a couple morphs. For example, where is the "Head blow'd off by shotgun" morph. And why cant I find the "Split in two by rocket launcher" morph, hmmm? Wheres that update Josh???

































