• Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3D Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
    • Game Ready
  • Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions
  • Download Studio
  • Menu
  • Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3d Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
  • Community
    • Our Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

Loading...
Daz 3D Forums > Search
  • any news on the hd plugin?? :D

    Some characters have scaling slaved To the morph slider. Could cause unwanted results

    By

    Mistara Mistara April 2019 in Carrara Discussion
  • Genesis 8 Babies

     

    Tobyn 30% + custom morph.

    Wow, very cool! Love the postwork too! 

    By

    Wonderland Wonderland April 2019 in The Commons
  • Getting rid of the timeline

    You could save a Pose Preset and in the options dialogue choose Current frame, if you want to freeze the skirt shape you could hide everything else, set the skirt's resolution to Base, and export as OBJ, then bring that in as a morph with Edit>Figure>Moprh Loader Pro (making sure that the same preset was used for import and export).

    By

    Richard Haseltine Richard Haseltine April 2019 in New Users
  • Morphing brush

    Ah yes, but I wasn't talking about restricting the morph tool to work only on the Base mesh. That facility is already available through Blender, ZBrush etc. It would be most useful if the morph brush could be applied (on the fly) within DS at High Resolution in order to make subtle or detailed morphs that are currently not possible at all in Base resolution. The potential problem I was pointing out is that once made, maybe the high resolution morph could be exported in such a way that it could be sold by Third Parties, which obviously would be undesirable for DAZ3d. However, maybe such high resolution morphs that are made in DS could be embedded in some way within the character and activated only when the character is in High Rez mode. I don't know if that's possible and it has the downside of limiting that specific high rez morph to that specific character. Alternatively, perhaps some sort of author recognition code could be used, so that only the person who made the morph could use the morph.... just throwing out ideas here.

    Really the only mesh available would be the base mesh, as everything revolves around that. Think of HD as being as editable as a normal map in DS, or the subd smoothing, it's only a detail pass that you can see in DS when you turn on the actual subdivision or render time; it's only for show. The way Poser's morph brush handles subd meshes and DAZ3D's HD are not the same, there is no HD sculpting tool in DS.

    By

    Male-M3dia Male-M3dia April 2019 in Product Suggestions
  • Tika 8 - thoughts

    I have to agree that, while I respect the work the PA has gone to, I feel that I could dial this character in myself - although be it (ironically) from PAs that allow me to (!). So I suppose a 'not for me' but thanks for those that it benefits. More worryingly I am having concerns over an overall DAZ quality control issue. There's poke through in image 13 of https://www.daz3d.com/tika-8, there's certain spelling issues in the main description of https://www.daz3d.com/little-beauties-for-genesis-8-female plus a few more. We all make mistakes (I'm sure my grammar is a fine example) but surely to keep www.daz3d.com a premium site there should be better quality control? I won't go on about the 'character' and 'characters' sub menus as we all know how frustrating that is.

    Or maybe I'm just being picky? In which case I apologise.

    I find the lack of proofreading evident in the examples being offered here and the other main sites, often with PAs who sell on multiple platforms to be somewhat appalling. I mean, I see morph mispelled on a regular basis for goodness sake. So I'm in your corner.

    I think the PAs write their own description and English may not be their first language. I forgive that. What I don’t forgive is Daz itself always getting prices wrong and we have to fight to get them fixed. This has gone way beyond unprofessionalism by now, it’s been going on for about a year. Almost every day of March Madness, there were errors, there are very few days that there are NOT errors. Come on Daz! I’ve been a customer here for an embarrassingly long time and see things going down hill fast within the last year, especially the last few months! What is going on???

    By

    Wonderland Wonderland April 2019 in The Commons
  • any news on the hd plugin?? :D

    he is a tad dear at the moment sadly even for me to spring you a Gift Certificate

    when Josh Crockett releases his next figure he will go on sale

    https://www.daz3d.com/the-disruptor-alien-hd-for-genesis-3-male

    I did not pay that much cheeky was the most extreme HD morph I owned so of course I tried it, honestly he is too heavy to render anyway in DAZ studio even openGL

    By

    WendyLuvsCatz WendyLuvsCatz April 2019 in Carrara Discussion
  • Tika 8 - thoughts

    I have to agree that, while I respect the work the PA has gone to, I feel that I could dial this character in myself - although be it (ironically) from PAs that allow me to (!). So I suppose a 'not for me' but thanks for those that it benefits. More worryingly I am having concerns over an overall DAZ quality control issue. There's poke through in image 13 of https://www.daz3d.com/tika-8, there's certain spelling issues in the main description of https://www.daz3d.com/little-beauties-for-genesis-8-female plus a few more. We all make mistakes (I'm sure my grammar is a fine example) but surely to keep www.daz3d.com a premium site there should be better quality control? I won't go on about the 'character' and 'characters' sub menus as we all know how frustrating that is.

    Or maybe I'm just being picky? In which case I apologise.

    I find the lack of proofreading evident in the examples being offered here and the other main sites, often with PAs who sell on multiple platforms to be somewhat appalling. I mean, I see morph mispelled on a regular basis for goodness sake. So I'm in your corner.

    By

    Dareshiranu Dareshiranu April 2019 in The Commons
  • I Forgot What My Complaint Was - Complaint Thread

    Three guesses as to what's significant about today.indecision

    Nation hug a walrus day?

    Genghis Khan’s Birthday?

    Garbage day... I forgot to put mine out last night and the truck came early...

    Edited to add... I seriously have no idea... but I just noticed the grim face emoji...

    So I hope my reply wasn’t offensive...

     

    I didn't know about Hug A Walrus Day.  surprise  How long has that been a thing?  Do they reciprocate?  Sounds kinky. devil

    The indecision icon is labeled as "indecision" but I use it as a "meh" or "noncommittal" or "neutral" indication.  Why do people predict that emoticons are the language of the future?  Can you imagine the dictionary alternative meanings lists? frown

    And perhaps it is Genghis Khan's birthday but I didn't get him anything. cheeky

    And yes, it's garbage day here too, but I have to take my garbage to the transfer station myself.  It's one of the penalties for living in the boondocks.indecision

    But, one of the significances of today is that it is "8 months to Christmas"indecision.  (My aunt would say that on every 25th of every month, counting down the months.  It was just a thing with her and I almost miss it these days now that she's gone.sad)

    I really have no idea what most of the emojis mean... I actually looked them up at one point but it wasn’t very productive... mostly Google just gives useless results that lead to apps for more emojis or dumb articles about emojis... I also didn’t really look too long... there is a thing called emojipedia or something like that, but it doesn’t seem to list the emojis like I would... picture > explanation... instead, you enter an emoji and it takes you to a page for that emoji... like foe example, I just randomly entered the crying cat emoji (See Figure 1 below), which contrary to what most people might think, is actually called “Cat Face With Tears Of Joy Emoji” or “Happy Cat” or “Happy Tears Cat”... which has no meaning listed... I figure it probably means “That fart was so smelly the cat’s eyes are watering” or “My cat appears to be really constipated”... but I could be wrong...  other emojis have meanings listed... like “Unamused Face” (See Figure 2) which looks like someone who hears someone sneaking up on them... “A yellow face with slightly raised eyebrows, a frown, and eyes looking to the side. May convey a variety of negative emotions, including irritation, displeasure, grumpiness, and skepticism, as if giving the side-eye”...  I would use if it I were texting someone that I believed I was about to be stabbed from behind... 

    I seem to have misinterpreted that one too... either way, I’ll be left behind as emojis take over... and yes, I do think emojis are the language of the future...

    Why? Because I’ve seen the future and it’s stupid... lazy too... I’ve seen people call three sentences “a wall of text”... people can’t wrap their heads around too much lettering... look at stupid Twitter, and need I mention it’s chief Tweeter and overlord?... people don’t want to think too much anymore, so reading more than YOLWO (You Only Love Wet Otters), IIRC (I Is Really Crunchy), SRLY (Sasquatch Really Loves You), LMK (Lick My Kangaroo), ROTFBIOF (Rolling On The Floor Because I’m On Fire)... (I’m not looking those up, but I think that what they mean), reading more than abbreviations is too much for most people, they get pissy if they have to think, so it’s way easier to peck out an emoji that’s close to what they mean... it really doesn’t matter if other people get the meaning either... as most people tend to talk “at” other people as opposed to “talk to” which requires listening and attention.

    I know it’s a very pessimistic assessment, but most people are inclined to take the path of least resistance, and “close enough” is good enough... and if emojis become the prominent form of written expression, that’s probably not so bad... the way (See Figure 3) is going, it won’t be long till we are painting on cave walls with charcoal again.

    By

    McGyver McGyver April 2019 in The Commons
  • any news on the hd plugin?? :D

    Back when I was a PA, we required a special plugin to bring HD details onto Genesis figures in DS. Not sure if that's still true or not.

    But this plugin works in the same way, but in reverse - going from DS into Carrara. So if anyone wants to try, go ahead and sculpt finer details into a Genesis figure in Carrara, and export that as a morph mesh and see if it loads onto the figure in DS.

    Making HD morphs isn't in my interest range - yet. But using DS HD morphs is!

    Philemo... I Love You, Man!!! 

    By

    Dartanbeck Dartanbeck April 2019 in Carrara Discussion
  • any news on the hd plugin?? :D

     

    I have a sneaky suspicion that it works in Carrara much better than using displacement maps for sure!

    Have you tried the Phong Tessallation plugin. Using it at half pixel precision, you have results comparable to HD Morphs

    the genesiseses use both hd morph and tiff displacements. resource hogs.

    By

    Mistara Mistara April 2019 in Carrara Discussion
  • Morphing brush

    Ah yes, but I wasn't talking about restricting the morph tool to work only on the Base mesh. That facility is already available through Blender, ZBrush etc. It would be most useful if the morph brush could be applied (on the fly) within DS at High Resolution in order to make subtle or detailed morphs that are currently not possible at all in Base resolution. The potential problem I was pointing out is that once made, maybe the high resolution morph could be exported in such a way that it could be sold by Third Parties, which obviously would be undesirable for DAZ3d. However, maybe such high resolution morphs that are made in DS could be embedded in some way within the character and activated only when the character is in High Rez mode. I don't know if that's possible and it has the downside of limiting that specific high rez morph to that specific character. Alternatively, perhaps some sort of author recognition code could be used, so that only the person who made the morph could use the morph.... just throwing out ideas here.

    By

    IsaacNewton IsaacNewton April 2019 in Product Suggestions
  • any news on the hd plugin?? :D

    Thank you Bunyip,

    It looks very impressive. I have 2 questions:

    • How is Carrara responding with a level 3 subdivision?
    • Have you tried to pose it? The test I did were OK, but I didn't have a figure so detailled and I'm curious how the HD morph is reacting?

     

    Another trial - Orc HD for Genesis 8 Male - https://www.daz3d.com/orc-hd-for-genesis-8-male

     

    I have a sneaky suspicion that it works in Carrara much better than using displacement maps for sure!

    People - I know it might be tempting to crank up the subD smoothing even higher. Before doing so, start task manager and prepare yourself to manually kill Carrara if it locks up tight! SubD smoothing of 2 is a very highly detailed mesh on Genesis (1-8) figures and, for each of those tiny new subD polygons, a level of subD 3 further cuts each of those into four and then applies its smoothing algorithm. Just saying... use levels highers than 2 only for those close-ups where you really, really need it!

    By

    Dartanbeck Dartanbeck April 2019 in Carrara Discussion
  • any news on the hd plugin?? :D
    Also have two "HD" characters from other PAs, but no idea if the mesh is HD or maybe just the textures. Guess I have to count the triangles in DS and Carrara. https://www.daz3d.com/fwsa-tempie-hd-for-victoria-6 https://www.daz3d.com/lyfw-adrienne-hd-for-victoria-6

    The HD morphs work via morphs and the level of subD, so it could, in theory, be made for anything. But when you get a Daz3d HD addon, it likely include both HD morphs (draws MUCH higher detail onto the actual mesh itself) as well as HD textures.

    In Carrara, we might see a little change if we dial up an HD morph, but according to Daz3d, it still isn't compatible. The thing is, for it to really work, we'd also need to increase the subD smoothing level to the necessary level - like from 2 to 3 or 4, for example. But HD textures (like HD Normal Map, for example) will work just fine, if included. But the thing about HD morphs is that they often don't need HD normal maps since the mesh is refined to such a minute detail level - hence its truly magnificent breakthrough - all starting from the first generation Genesis figure technology of using a subD shell.

    In Carrara, we can make HD morphs for any mesh. We simply increase the subD level and sculpt or model detail into the new micro levels, making the GoZ for Carrara plugin a real piece of magic for those whom might have Zbrush. Of course, those refinements would have to stay in Carrara unless we're a PA with the granted use of the plugin that allows us to bring these details into Daz Studio to add to an existing figure.

    By

    Dartanbeck Dartanbeck April 2019 in Carrara Discussion
  • I Forgot What My Complaint Was - Complaint Thread

    Three guesses as to what's significant about today.indecision

    Nation hug a walrus day?

    Genghis Khan’s Birthday?

    Garbage day... I forgot to put mine out last night and the truck came early...

    Edited to add... I seriously have no idea... but I just noticed the grim face emoji...

    So I hope my reply wasn’t offensive...

     

    I didn't know about Hug A Walrus Day.  surprise  How long has that been a thing?  Do they reciprocate?  Sounds kinky. devil

    The indecision icon is labeled as "indecision" but I use it as a "meh" or "noncommittal" or "neutral" indication.  Why do people predict that emoticons are the language of the future?  Can you imagine the dictionary alternative meanings lists? frown

    And perhaps it is Genghis Khan's birthday but I didn't get him anything. cheeky

    And yes, it's garbage day here too, but I have to take my garbage to the transfer station myself.  It's one of the penalties for living in the boondocks.indecision

    But, one of the significances of today is that it is "8 months to Christmas"indecision.  (My aunt would say that on every 25th of every month, counting down the months.  It was just a thing with her and I almost miss it these days now that she's gone.sad)

    By

    LeatherGryphon LeatherGryphon April 2019 in The Commons
  • Celebrity Look-a-Likes for 3D figures Part 2

    A work in progress. V4 morph. Anyone recognize her?

     

     

     

    By

    shadowz_2946926 shadowz_2946926 April 2019 in The Commons
  • Tika 8 - thoughts
    Why?

    There is nothing new or unique here. Typical Thorne doll. There is no HD. There is no gen mat. The bundled items seem to be totally random. The ballcap hair is kind of neat, but makes no sense with a fairy themed character. There are mildly scifi outfits mixed in. A long hair that could be any long hair.

    I don't shop for discounts...I shop for content. The content needs to win me over more than the discount does. I am past that stage. The content here just isn't exciting to me. And I like cute things!

    Tika is kind of cute of cute, but like I said, not remotely new. Someone said that G8 actually lacks these characters...what? There are morph sets for the precise purpose of turning ANY character into a character like this. Any character! And that is on top of the fairy style characters we already have. I once did a count and found that fairy like characters were more represented in the Daz Original 8 lineup than actual real minorities. That number may have changed a bit after Mr Woo and Mrs Choo, but fairies are still very well represented. There has also been a large variety of non DO characters in this genre. There was a Thorne doll released just a couple weeks ago. How is Genesis 8 lacking these types of characters?

    Not only that, but Anakku has a lot more options than Tika does. Anakku has a more unique look and a Pacific Islander vibe going on...something that is genuinely under represented at Daz. If we must do Thorne characters for Daz Originals, why couldn't Anakku have been chosen for that instead of Tika?

    By

    outrider42 outrider42 April 2019 in The Commons
  • any news on the hd plugin?? :D

    Thank you Bunyip,

    It looks very impressive. I have 2 questions:

    • How is Carrara responding with a level 3 subdivision?
    • Have you tried to pose it? The test I did were OK, but I didn't have a figure so detailled and I'm curious how the HD morph is reacting?

     

    Another trial - Orc HD for Genesis 8 Male - https://www.daz3d.com/orc-hd-for-genesis-8-male

     

    By

    Philemo_Carrara Philemo_Carrara April 2019 in Carrara Discussion
  • 3D Art Freebie Challenge-April 2019-"April Showers Bring...." -Main Thread Only

    Phew, finally got mine done!

    April showers... sometimes turn into April downpours!

    Flowers Love the Rain

    You never know when you might get caught in an April downpour, but at least the flowers enjoy it!

    Freebies:

    Daisy - https://sharecg.com/v/91005/favorite/21/DAZ-Studio/Daisy-for-G3F

    Sideswept Rose Hair (with Wet morph)- https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/side-swept-rose-hair-g3f-g8f-part-1/79533, https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/side-swept-rose-hair-g3f-g8f-part-2/79534, and https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/side-swept-rose-hair-g3f-g8f-update/79641

    G3F Skirt and Jumper - https://www.wilmapsdigitalcreations.co.uk/view_product.php?id=406

    High Heels - http://www.digi-dotz.com/index.php/free-poses/daz-clothes/203-free-shoes-for-daz-genesis-3-females

    Channel Bangle - https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/channel-bangle-for-genesis-3-female-iray-only-/77235

    Gem Bangle - https://sharecg.com/v/87009/gallery/21/DAZ-Studio/Gem-Bangles-for-G3F

    Sexy Pose 05  - https://www.zed3d.com/shop/sexy-pose-05-genesis-3-female-g3f/

    Erock Grass System - https://erock3d.com/download/erock3d-free-grass-system/

    Erock Dandelions - https://erock3d.com/download/dandelion-flower-set/

    Erock Small Grass Flowers - https://erock3d.com/download/small-grass-flower/

    Poppy - http://www.fast3d.co.uk/kathindex.htm (#158-ish?)

    Strawberry Plant - http://www.mada3d.com/Freebies1.html (last row)

    Umbrella - http://www.fast3d.co.uk/kathindex.htm (#233-ish?)

    Skydome and Lights (Made from the files and instructions in this tutorial) - https://www.sharecg.com/v/60195/favorite/3/PDF-Tutorial/Simple-Sunshine-SkySphere-a-DAZStudio4-Tutorial

     

    No Count:

    Crocus (used to be free when I got it, now paid) - https://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/free-crocus-flowers-plant-3d-model/582882 

     

    Paid:

    Treescapes Background - https://www.daz3d.com/treescapes-backdrops

    Iray to 3Delight Character Converter - https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/?ViewProduct=124690

    Convert It! Iray to 3Delight - https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/?ViewProduct=124773

    Heavy Rain - https://www.daz3d.com/heavy-rain-for-3delight-and-iray

    I tweaked a few materials and the pose and edited lights a little.  All done within Daz Studio. No post work except for the watermark.

    All Links Check Out Plz Post To Entries Thread

    By

    Saphirewild Saphirewild April 2019 in Freebies
  • Tika 8 - thoughts

    This is one of the worst looking releases for a long time. Her morph is generic, the skin is horrible... there are other options that are far superior. 

    I guess I’ll wait for the next release...

    By

    The Diigitals The Diigitals April 2019 in The Commons
  • Converting Jacket OBJ to clothing

     What exactly would be the correct method to take a jacket OBJ file in an A pose and bring it into DAZ
     and fit it to a G3 character? 

    Hi I am not trying to be flippant, however as a Daz genesis clothing developer myself
     ,I would strongly advise that the "correct method"would be to export your intended base model
    to a modeling program as an .obj file in its DEFAULT pose and  Force fit  your  jacket to fit  closely around that base shape
    in the modeling program.cool

    Any method ,other than this ,and the transfer utility will fight you at every turn as it was designed 
    based on the assumption that are are creating  your clothing to the base pose at a minimum.

    Now yes ...it has options to let you rig to custom shapes such as a really fat or muscled up base character 
    but in my experience they really...really  should be in their default pose for a predictable result
    with the Daz Studio TU.

    By

    wolf359 wolf359 April 2019 in The Commons
Previous Next
Adding to Cart…

Daz 3D is part of Tafi

Connect

DAZ Productions, Inc.
7533 S Center View Ct #4664
West Jordan, UT 84084

HELP

Contact Us

Tutorials

Help Center

Sell Your 3D Content

Affiliate Program

Documentation Center

Open Source

Consent Preferences

JOIN DAZ

Memberships

Blog

About Us

Press

Careers

Bridges

Community

In the Studio

Gallery

Forum

DAZ STORE

Shop

Freebies

Published Artists

Licensing Agreement | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | EULA

© 2026 Daz Productions Inc. All Rights Reserved.