-
Which G8F Character Is This?
I'd say a customised or self-generated; the breasts look impressive, and don't recall seeing the like on released characters.
I assume that every character is customized to a certain extent these days. I mean, what's the point of using something that looks exactly like the same product that everyone else is using? To me, it kind of defeats the entire point of DAZ in the first place, which is to create your own original vision.I have entirely too many characters in my library, and morph sets out the wazoo for all of the generations. I modify the characters I use in my renders maybe 30% of the time. For me, personally, the enjoyment I find is in putting the scene itself together, not in tweaking the character for ever and ever. When I use a character, I just go through my library until I find one has a look that feels right for the image I'm trying to create. Another way to look at it is that it's kind of like hiring a model for a photo shoot.
That's not to say I don't morph my own characters some, I've got several that I have done that with, one of which I'm very proud of. But the time I spend morphing up a new character is time I'm not spending putting the scene together. But that is how I personally create my own original vision. You create yours your way, which is different from mine. And that's awesome. It's one of the best things about art, of any type. There is no right and wrong way to do it, everyone has their own methods and styles.
Shape Splitter - Divide, Combine and Save (The new version is already available. 1.2.1)[Commercial]If you have a character that has a large number of morphs, you should create a new unique morph using the spawn option of X-Morphs (Shape Splitter).
I made a video that uses the character Caryn (Baby), which can not be directly divided with the script, and that's why "Spawn" is used to create a new morph.There you see the necessary steps, when the figure has a different size to the base figure of Genesis.
Any other questions, let me know.
Error during rendering?9-06-04 22:05:01.712 *** Scene Cleared ***
2019-06-04 22:05:04.350 C:/Users/niger/Desktop/MyDazLibrary/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Male/Morphs/Meipex/Stereo Love/SL_Glutes Inflate Bottom Back.dsf (25,4): Syntax Error - expected ',' or ']'
2019-06-04 22:05:04.351 C:/Users/niger/Desktop/MyDazLibrary/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Male/Morphs/Meipex/Stereo Love/SL_Hips Bend Spandex More.dsf (25,4): Syntax Error - expected ',' or ']'
2019-06-04 22:05:05.455 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5818): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis8Male:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Male/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Expressions/eCTRLWink_HD.dsf#eCTRLWink?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Male/Morphs/Zev0/Expression%20Smoother/Wink%20Smoother.dsf
2019-06-04 22:05:05.456 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5818): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis8Male:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Male/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Expressions/eCTRLTriumph_HD.dsf#eCTRLTriumph?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Male/Morphs/Zev0/Expression%20Smoother/Triumph%20Smoother.dsf
2019-06-04 22:05:05.456 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5818): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis8Male:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Male/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Expressions/eCTRLTired_HD.dsf#eCTRLTired?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Male/Morphs/Zev0/Expression%20Smoother/Tired%20Smoother.dsf
201
9-06-04 22:05:06.184 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5818): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis8Male:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Male/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Expressions/eCTRLExcitement_HD.dsf#eCTRLExcitement?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Male/Morphs/Zev0/Expression%20Smoother/EM8%20Excitement%20Smoother.dsf
2019-06-04 22:05:06.185 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5818): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis8Male:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Male/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Body/FBMHeavy.dsf#FBMHeavy?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Male/Morphs/Zev0/Body%20Mixer/JCM%20Heavy%20UAbdoback.dsf
2019-06-04 22:05:06.185 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5818): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis8Male:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Male/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Body/FBMHeavy.dsf#FBMHeavy?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Male/Morphs/Zev0/Body%20Mixer/JCM%20Heavy%20UAbdoback%20Labdo%20Forward.dsf
2019-06-04 22:05:06.186 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5818): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis8Male:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Male/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Body/FBMHeavy.dsf#FBMHeavy?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Male/Morphs/Zev0/Body%20Mixer/Heavy%20Lower%20Details%20Neg.dsf
2019-06-04 22:05:06.207 File loaded in 0 min 4.5 sec.
2019-06-04 22:05:06.207 Loaded file: genesis 8 male dev load.duf
2019-06-04 22:05:06.410 Loaded Morph Deltas in 0 min 0.0 sec.
2019-06-04 22:05:06.410 Loaded file: PHMEyelashesLengthUpper.dsf
2019-06-04 22:05:06.410 Loaded Morph Deltas in 0 min 0.0 sec.
2019-06-04 22:05:06.411 Loaded file: PHMEyelashesLengthLower.dsf
2019-06-04 22:05:06.411 Loaded Morph Deltas in 0 min 0.0 sec.
2019-06-04 22:05:06.411 Loaded file: PHMEyelashesCurl.dsf
2019-06-04 22:05:13.571 Total Rendering Time: 1.57 secondsNewb qesttion about supported shapesI'm just trying to figure out can you use items on unsupported shapes if they are the same Genesis? Is there drawbacks to doing so, ect...Many thanks,
Ed
In most cases, yes. I never even look at supported figure as long as it's the same base and not an extreme morph. If you don't get a good enough fit, you can always adjust scaling or add a smoothing modifier with collision to try and get a better fit. If it is a problem you can't fix there is a 30 dat return policy.
Innis for Genesis 8 Male [commercial]Well, I guess the only work-around would entail cross-dressing. I'd pretty much expected that answer.
There's a gender-swap morph freebie for G8 by Agentunawares on DeviantArt. That's what I use for awesome figures like this if they don't have a counterpart and I happen to need one.
Nice work RawArt!
Thank you for the info.
I thought that a Cartoonized version would be interesting! Thanks for the confirmation!
Liquid Armor Outfit and Supreme Intelligencia G8FI feel you have answered your own question in that it's an extreme morph and one wasn't designed for the other. Short of you fixing it yourself, or Smay making it work with the extreme SC morphs, I doubt much can be done.
Darwins' Schtuff Pt DeuxSo-had a few issues, so I don't have a new facial morph to show off. Hopefully soon- at least the storm insanity has started to work itself out to just normal rain-like crap instead of "hold onto your ankles and pray" kinda crap.
Celebrity Look-a-Likes for 3D figures Part 2https://www.most-digital-creations.com/g3_g8_celebrity_series_40.htm
Jennifer Aniston. Good likeness, though I would have liked a morph of her from her Friends / Rachel Green years.
That's pretty impressive, thanks for posting. In the first couple of close ups, the bump maps / normal maps seem to be too strong but it's probably easy to turn them down.
I wish the promos of characters such as this included one of them smiling. Sometimes the likeness falls apart in anything other than the default expression.
Smoothing shoulders (+ solution for how to export hires fbx)You cannot load higher-resolution mesh as a morph in DS (the Daz tool to do so exists but is available only to PAs for creating store content).
Thanks. Yeah, the fbx export with hi res doesn seem to be the source of the issue. Still going to try and finds a workaround though.
I can export the hi res Genesis 3 in obj format, them use mixamo to generate a new rig. It works well in unity3d. The only problem is that I lose all morphs.
Star Trek Builders Unite 8: THE REBOOTI've just started a Kzin character morph for my Traveller Aslan figure.
While the actual source is, of course, the Larry Niven Known Space stories (such as Ringworld), it'll also be Star Trek, thanks to The Animated Series.
I'm not sure how long until I do the textures, etc for it, though, to finish it. And it doesn't look QUITE like the ones in TAS, since the animators weren't super-strict in their interpretation of Niven's writing (they appeared in TAS because Niven wrote the episode in which they appeared).Liquid Armor Outfit and Supreme Intelligencia G8FBy looking at the pictures it seems normal. That is, the liquid armor morphs are applied to the supreme intelligensia morphs. As a result the middle finger, that's shrinked to flat in supreme intelligensia, stands out as a tiny claw that's the liquid armor claw.
You may look at the morphs in both products and see if there's a hand morph and choose one or the other. They can't go together.
Another way would be to edit the liquid armor morphs yourself to fit it to supreme intelligensia.
Liquid Armor Outfit and Supreme Intelligencia G8FThese two are just made for each other, except, there is a severe breakdown in the Liquid Armor Gloves (and to a lesser extent the Boots) when used with Supreme Intelligensia. (See attachments: 0%, 10%, 30%, 100%)
The tips of the gloves break up after the end of the last bone of the fingers (but strangely not the thumb). You can see the morphed hand in that background-yellow outline in the fifth screen shot.
I have checked the rigging and weight maps on the gloves, but nothing stands out that would result in that kind of behaviour. I realize that it is an extreme morph and keeps only three fingers and the thumb, but the digits are only stretched (not with scaling, but by moving the ends of the bones' Center/EndPoint). Scaling the fingers with the regular Scale slider does not produce any distortion.
I get the same sort of effect with the HFS Ultimate Shapes on the hands (especially HFS Hands 01 through 04) which do the same sort of rigging manipulation (Center/EndPoint deltas) and probably more stuff I don't understand. Uninstalling HFS Ultimate shapes does not affect the distortion seen with Supreme Intelligencia, nor vice versa, so to me, the source of the discrepancy is in the Liquid Armor gloves.
Anyone know what's happening here? Can it be fixed? I'll submit a ticket very soon (I still have a few weeks to decide its fate).
Japanese Peoples(no anime like)There are 5 japanese face morphs in this package https://www.daz3d.com/people-of-the-earth-faces-of-asia-for-genesis-8-female
yeah but would be good to have some "full characters not just morph a new "line character like vic and michael and the others, would be really good to see a niponic full character with his own bundle.
*RELEASED* Oshun for the Genesis 8 Female { Commercial }Very pretty!!
Thank you. I went for something simple to see your creation out of the box. She's a great addition to my library. I'm thinking about using her morph with some of Kala's skin textures.
Innis for Genesis 8 Male [commercial]Well, I guess the only work-around would entail cross-dressing. I'd pretty much expected that answer.
There's a gender-swap morph freebie for G8 by Agentunawares on DeviantArt. That's what I use for awesome figures like this if they don't have a counterpart and I happen to need one.
Nice work RawArt!
Lola FreebiesHello everyone! Sorry i've been away for some days.
Thank you Kerya for keeping track of those freebies :) maybe I should be the one doing that but Im quite useless at it lol. Elleque's AA outfit is amazing btw (put my poor tomboy to shame), too bad s/he doesnt seem to be in the forums here, i believe.
Great renders, Minnie and Eustace! Love that chavvie Lola XD If she keeps feeding on nachos and dr peppers her neck will soon be as wide as long lol
Alright, lets get to work:

This one is, you guessed it, a full body male morph for Lola! Cause you see I'm just too lazy to even contemplate the idea of making her a proper boyfriend from scratch. Some clothes may work weirdsomely, mainly given the lack of, uh, volume there. Someday soon I'll be uploading an unisex shirt, im on it. Comes also with a new full (texture + normal) male material to get nipples in place lol.
Innis for Genesis 8 Male [commercial]I'm sure that this is probbly unlikely, but I belatedly realize that I have a genuine use for that face morph for a female character. Is there any plan for a Mrs Innis?
I'd also really like to see what he looks like run through Cartoonize.
Morphs from G3 to G8Making the clones super accurate did not solve the problem. The solution was simpler. In investigating the solution, I've determined that the cause of the hang at ERC is due to a missing forward slash.
We are getting closer, but the solution to the light errors the new clones brought might not work in general. I won't know that until I get to Genesis 2 or Genesis. Sorry this is taking so long, but it turns out this nutty idea I had requires a lot more clever solutions to make the solution. Like a lot of metasolutions. I spent all day today hunting the last real failure mode, so I'm just getting to the bit where I make more clones. I thought I'd get there yesterday. If the solution to the errors is general, the other clones need to be far less precise to work, which will be a good thing. There's also potential for making a trade off between transfer speed and increased accuracy, but I'm not going to be writing that. Once we have a safe Git, I'll add that as something to consider working on.G8F morph Bug [ Resolved ]Hello,
Thank you for your quick reply.
I flew over the Shaping in the G8F Parameters tab and saw some of the assets, I would look at it more closely tomorrow (10: pm here ;) ). Thank you and I'll let you know.Edit : I finally found the problem. A Morph entitled Alien Head, Alien Torso and Alien Torso and legs. I did not succeed in the lock so I deleted the files and G8F works properly. Thank you.
Cordially.G8F morph Bug [ Resolved ]Please make sure you switch the Viewport to Smooth Sahded mode before taking a screen shot of a nude figure.
This is an issue with an add-on character - it has been saved with a non-zero default value. If you go to the Parameters pane and look at the Currently Used group the morph involved should be listed - just zero it. If it's a store product please report this as a product bug, if it's a freebie you can try contacting the maker to get it fixed or you can remove it or you can save a corrected version of that morph: click the gear icon on the slider and select Parameter Settings, chnage the Default Value to 0 and click Accept, File>Save As>Support Assets>Morph Asset, select just the morph in question, and use the same vlaues for Author adn Product as the original so that it overwrites.











