• Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3D Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
    • Game Ready
  • Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions
  • Download Studio
  • Menu
  • Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3d Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
  • Community
    • Our Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

Loading...
Daz 3D Forums > Search
  • Celery.

    I saw the word "celery" and my first thought was that someone was planning to depict the 5th Doctor as portrayed by Peter Davison.  He wore a stalk of celery upon his lapel.  Seems odd that the "decorative vegetable" (as David Tennant's Doctor mocked it in "TimeCrash") never wilted.  However, we should remember he pinned it to his coat in "Castrovalva" a city which was really a trap constructed from "block transfer computation" along with everything and every "citizen" within it.  In effect, it was an illusion given solid form.  The better question is why it continued to exist answer the Master's hold upon Adric was broken and the simulation collapsed.

    Okay, that went on a tangent.

    Sincerely,

    Bill

    By

    Redfern Redfern September 2019 in Product Suggestions
  • Daz Studio Pro BETA - version 4.12.2.60! (*UPDATED*)

    The video links at the bottom of the Face Transfer pane don't work for me. They open my default browser (Chrome) and very briefly flash a URL (like daz3d.com/dsportal/4/Video_FaceTransfer_GenerateFace) and then the URL rapidly changes to the https://www.daz3d.com/shop page. How can I find and watch these videos?

    By

    barbult barbult September 2019 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • is there a Face Transfer thread

    A short video made with recently created Face Transfer character.

     

    By

    Artini Artini September 2019 in Art Studio
  • is there a Face Transfer thread

    Can anyone tell if this is doing morphs or just textures? I guess I'll need to load the beta up on my windows machine now.

    It is creating a morph, yes.

    By

    Richard Haseltine Richard Haseltine September 2019 in Art Studio
  • is there a Face Transfer thread

    But anyway, I like the transfer...

    image

    By

    Artini Artini September 2019 in Art Studio
  • [Released] RSSY Ultimate Clothing Fixer [Commercial]

    Ok - got it installed.  Before I go down some dark and unsupported path (being ornery and refusing to follow directions), will this allow me to add morph to a garment obj or do I have make it... whatever.... functional.... first?

    You need an actual clothing item, not just the mesh.

    By

    Leana Leana September 2019 in Daz PA Commercial Products
  • [Released] RSSY Ultimate Clothing Fixer [Commercial]

    Ok - got it installed.  Before I go down some dark and unsupported path (being ornery and refusing to follow directions), will this allow me to add morph to a garment obj or do I have make it... whatever.... functional.... first?

    I am not sure I understand your question.  The clothing item should work first.  This product adds morphs to a clothing item and will save them so that they will load back whenever you use that clothing item again.  The morphs are saved as separate files and will never hurt the original clothing item.

    By

    RiverSoft Art RiverSoft Art September 2019 in Daz PA Commercial Products
  • [Released] RSSY Ultimate Clothing Fixer [Commercial]

    Ok - got it installed.  Before I go down some dark and unsupported path (being ornery and refusing to follow directions), will this allow me to add morph to a garment obj or do I have make it... whatever.... functional.... first?

    By

    sandmanmax sandmanmax September 2019 in Daz PA Commercial Products
  • is there a Face Transfer thread

    Copied from 

    https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/4903221/#Comment_4903221

    Just to make it easier to find

    • Face Transfer pane
      • Windows 64-bit only
      • A new pane that allows selection of a source portrait photo to transfer to a Genesis 8 Male/Female
        • Lighting should be uniform, without shadows, and not too bright or dark
        • Face must be clearly visible, with no obstructions like glasses, hair blocking the forehead, etc.
        • Facial expression should be neutral
        • Facing direction should be straight ahead
      • Requires latest update to Genesis 8 Starter Essentials Male/Female
      • Generates a morph, associated facial bone adjustments/links, and a texture set
        • Texture set is based on default textures provided by Starter Essentials packages
        • Materials
      • Uses a "trial usage" activation policy
        • Allows unlimited generated previews
          • Generated preview textures are watermarked and not preserved between transfers or sessions
        • Allows 3 saves via Face Transfer, per release channel, before requiring a valid serial number
        • Entering a valid serial number does the following:
          • Removes watermarking from generated previews
          • Enables unlimited Face Transfer save operations
      • A Face Transfer save performs the following
        • Renames and/or relabels temporary morph, property, alias, and textures based on user-specified values
        • Generates a Scene Subset consisting of the figure, the generated morph and textures and any fitted/parented items
        • ...
      • See in-pane Guide and Tip pages for more information

    By

    WendyLuvsCatz WendyLuvsCatz September 2019 in Art Studio
  • Separate teeth and tongue from body mesh!

    Some miss understand .

    Actually for a production character, what we need, as a rigger is to have gums and teeth separated from the body mesh. 

    Actually the tongue and gums are parts of the body, and it's a problem when you design modular rigging systems.

    The other thing is that when you create your blendshape targets is you want to rig the face, each targets has gum and teeth with it, wich is not good and not practical at all.

    So to get it work at the moment, we import the model on maya for exemple and we need to separate the gum/tongue faces and rebuild a 3 meshes, one for upper gun and teeth, same for lower and one for the tongue. Then we need to adjust UV because of texture stretching. And of course, blendshapes are broken is you want to morph with other shapes, meaning that you need to wrap and recreate shapes according to the new mesh you tweaked. 

    So the simple would be to have gums and teeth as separate meshes, i can't see the point to get in merged wit the full body mesh. 

    It would a lot more simple for exporting, no need to break the model and it would add more flexibility as you could manage more shapes and interaction system for gum, teeth and tongue. 

    Cheers!

    By

    Ssky Ssky September 2019 in Product Suggestions
  • Creating a "clone" or identical model in Daz!

    Ah, no, Face Transfer is presently windows. I'm on a Mac, but have a PC. Headshop has a Mac version, you'll have to check FaceGen.

    I haven't set up my PC with Face Transfer yet, so can't tell you how it works. Someone started a thread on it in Art Studio. They may be able to help you there.

    Ok!

    Thanks so much for the help btw!

    By

    klubbvisuals klubbvisuals September 2019 in The Commons
  • Creating a "clone" or identical model in Daz!

    Ah, no, Face Transfer is presently windows. I'm on a Mac, but have a PC. Headshop has a Mac version, you'll have to check FaceGen.

    I haven't set up my PC with Face Transfer yet, so can't tell you how it works. Someone started a thread on it in Art Studio. They may be able to help you there.

    By

    Cris Palomino Cris Palomino September 2019 in The Commons
  • Genesis 8 Female Base is altered

    Looks like you downloaded EmotionalDreams' Bunny. Uninstalling her should fix the problem. Also, your image is going to get deleted for nudity.

    How do I uninstall that figure?  I have deleted it from the CPU and it still distorts my G8Fs...

    I do not exactly understand what you mean by "have deleted it from the CPU" - but at least I am rather sure that Gordig is right with the diagnosis that "Emotional Dreams Bunny" is causing your problem. I googled to find this characters's source, found it as free character on Renderhub, downloaded it - and indeed the artist made that annoying mistake to set the value for the morph at "1" which means "always active". If you want to delete the morph you have to navigate in your content folder to  "/data/DAZ3D/Genesis8/Female/Morphs/EmotionalDreams/Bunny/Bunny.dsf",  

    But I have an even better solution for you and add a corrected version of "Bunny.dsf" in which I have set the value to "0". Just replace the original file with the corrected one, and after the next start of Daz Studio your G8 should be ok again.

    @Padone: That's an interesting idea, but I think only for larger projects and for people which are very planful (and perhaps using the "Connect" cloud database...) Of course you are right there is a better chance to find an offending asset in a smaller database, but fortunately the search in a really huge single database is possible, with an iteration strategy: Go to the /data/DAZ3D/Genesis8/Female/Morphs folder and move the second half of the folders within to a temp folder. Restart DazStudio - if the offending morph is gone, it was in a folder of that second half. Now copy the first half of the moved folders back to the /morphs folder. Restart Daz, if the offending morph is back, it was in one of those moved back folders. Move the second half of moved back folders to the temp folder again, restart Daz ... and so on. Of course you can speed up the iteration method drastically if you have an idea since when the evil morph appeared; then you would move away the folders with a newer timestamp in the first step.

    But the best solution would be if there were a reliable indication in Daz Studio which morphs are actually active - the "currently used" panel shows only morphs with a value different to their default value.          

     

     

     

     

    By

    mgessat_f159911d19 mgessat_f159911d19 September 2019 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • Creating a "clone" or identical model in Daz!

    There is a new feature in the latest Daz Studio called Face Transfer.

    Section on Face Transfer Pane: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/4903221/#Comment_4903221

    There are also a couple of products in the store, FaceGen and HeadShop. However all of them really necessitate good photos to be effective (even if examples show 3/4 views employed). You can also use morph packs that can help you approximate the person.

    You may be able to find a skin that is close to what the DJ looks like. It will probably help if you can texture.

    I'd suggest that they provide you with good front and side views of this person, at the least. Preferably good, evenly lit photos.

    Cool! What exactly does the Face Transfer do? I looked at the notes and still am confused? Is it for mac? and is it a payed feature?

    By

    klubbvisuals klubbvisuals September 2019 in The Commons
  • Creating a "clone" or identical model in Daz!

    There is a new feature in the latest Daz Studio called Face Transfer.

    Section on Face Transfer Pane: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/4903221/#Comment_4903221

    There are also a couple of products in the store, FaceGen and HeadShop. However all of them really necessitate good photos to be effective (even if examples show 3/4 views employed). You can also use morph packs that can help you approximate the person.

    You may be able to find a skin that is close to what the DJ looks like. It will probably help if you can texture.

    I'd suggest that they provide you with good front and side views of this person, at the least. Preferably good, evenly lit photos.

    By

    Cris Palomino Cris Palomino September 2019 in The Commons
  • Wearables vs Support Assets

    This is a new figure, so you save it as figure/prop asset. 

    A wearable preset loads existing figure/prop assets. If you converted several pieces you can save a wearable preset to load all the pieces once you’ve saved all the converted items as assets.

    As for morph asset, it’s an add-on for another asset which stores data on how the morph should alter that asset. You use that when you want to save a new custom morph for the original asset (not a character using the morph, the actual morph data), or if you need to alter some technical parameters of an existing morph, like changing the default value.

    Ok, thanks again - making more sense to me now. :)

    By

    marble marble September 2019 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • General problem with children's proportions in DAZ items

    This is a render I did earlier today of one of the Toddler Twins for Genesis 8 placed next to a 3 year old and a 5 year old, the 5 year old is a Growing Up morph I had earlier saved out as a scene-preset from the standard Genesis 3 Male, the 3 year old is basically just stock Genesis Basic Child.  A couple days ago I had loaded one of the Toddler Twins for a scene I wanted to make,  placing him into a vignette background scene that had just a wall with wainscoting, and a floor... and something looked a little off.  To compare for scele, I loaded one of my saved-out 5 year old characters and instantly realised WHAT was "off" about the Toddler Twins:  They're the same height as my 5 year old!  :D :D

    The title of thes scene is:  "Would you say this toddler is a might.... big...?"  :D :D

    edit: Hmmm... the image is coming out a might squooshed from the sides.  How do I fix that?  0o

    Anyway, it's in my gallery, here:  https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/857426/

     

    By

    nomad-ads_8ecd56922e nomad-ads_8ecd56922e September 2019 in The Commons
  • Please List Items Used In Promos

    I'm very glad that Matt_Castle and Petercay may have figured out they were saying the exact same thing. If a character is the product, no other skins other than the one(s) being sold with the character should be in the promos, and I have not seen a case of that on the Daz store. If it is a morph only set, I typically see the textures used listed someplace. If it is a light set I would expect no postwork that would misrepresent the lights being sold, and I give 100% guarantee that any light sets in the store with my name on them will not do this. I postworked a promo once to smooth pokethrough on a dress on a figure instead of waiting X hours to find adjustment morphs and re-render, but that is it.

    Other than that I believe others have covered why it is not always possible to include every single item used, as much as we may desire to do so.

    By

    DestinysGarden DestinysGarden September 2019 in The Commons
  • Lara Croft face morph for G3F/G8F?

    Having fun with this great morph!  Leave it to Lara Croft to pull me away from my typical anime renders  cheeky  I prefer the Rahele character skin on her though, and it renders much quicker. This is G3F. (click for bigger)

     

    By

    3dOutlaw 3dOutlaw September 2019 in The Commons
  • Looking for Miku Miku Dance enthusiasts that like using DAZ as an MMD platform

    Normals may have been reversed during export, I am not sure.  In Blender you can show normals, and they should be facing out.  I literally just ran into this, you can see in the Blender thread.  Yes, rig is transfer utility.  Addin a dforce modifier is a process, see https://thinkdrawart.com/daz-studio-dynamic-cloth-dforce-tutorial-for-beginners, it is older but it shows the concepts.  Step 2-5 shows adding a modifier

     

    By

    3dOutlaw 3dOutlaw September 2019 in The Commons
Previous Next
Adding to Cart…

Daz 3D is part of Tafi

Connect

DAZ Productions, Inc.
7533 S Center View Ct #4664
West Jordan, UT 84084

HELP

Contact Us

Tutorials

Help Center

Sell Your 3D Content

Affiliate Program

Documentation Center

Open Source

Consent Preferences

JOIN DAZ

Memberships

Blog

About Us

Press

Careers

Bridges

Community

In the Studio

Gallery

Forum

DAZ STORE

Shop

Freebies

Published Artists

Licensing Agreement | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | EULA

© 2026 Daz Productions Inc. All Rights Reserved.