• Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3D Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
    • Game Ready
  • Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions
  • Download Studio
  • Menu
  • Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3d Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
  • Community
    • Our Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

Loading...
Daz 3D Forums > Search
  • DAZ Studio 4.12 ... Face creation abilities????

    I tried it out, and I think the big downside is that it doesn't accept any user input.
    You can't remove asymmetry, specify custom skin maps to use, adjust the shape points (or see where they're plotted), or make any kind of face adjustment.  You're locked in to what it creates, and can't do anything else to make last minute corrections.
    It also failed on some faces, so you can't force it to accept any image you choose.
    "Face Transfer failed to generate.  Try a different source image."

    And I don't know what this error message means.  It pops up every time:
    "Face Transfer failed to load the base material preset.
    The image will still transfer, but with reduced quality."

    By

    Seven193 Seven193 September 2019 in The Commons
  • No Face Transfer Pane

    Did you follow recomendations to Update and Merge Menus? It is on the Window/Workspace menu.

    Window>Panes(Tabs)>Face Transfer

    I was refering to the location of Update and Merge Menus command, not the location of the Face Transfer pane. 

    By

    barbult barbult September 2019 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • DAZ Studio 4.12 ... Face creation abilities????

    Here's a quick and dirty comparison with the other app I own, Facegen Artist Pro 2, using a high res resource image for the face. The output textures are the same size, 4098, but the quality is not as crisp with the FaceTransfer utility. Neither is perfect. I used the Face Transfer generated shaders for both.

    Here's a quick and dirty comparison with the other app I own, Facegen Artist Pro 2, using a high res resource image for the face. The output textures are the same size, 4098, but the quality is not as crisp with the FaceTransfer utility. Neither is perfect. I used the Face Transfer generated shaders for both.

    Thanks for the comparison.  FT looks to be especially weak in the eyebrow department.  I'm guessing eyebrow  removal and fibermesh time?

    None of these apps are especially good at eyebrows. I only chose that area to show the differences in texture resolution. It’s similarly blurry around the lips, nose etc, but at render time, that lower resolution may not be so critical. 

    By

    Redz Redz September 2019 in The Commons
  • Daz Studio 4.12 Pro, General Release! (*UPDATED*)

    Having an issue with Face Transfer.  I purchased the Face Transfer package and trying to figure out a way of smoothing the skin out.  Since it is nearly impossible to get a shot where there isn't some shine off a flash or light, I get these strange highlights on the face.  Is there a way to easily clean the skin tone to a uniform skin tone to get rid of it?  Attached an image for example (circled hot spots I want adjusted in the model versus having to manual fix each time in Photoshop)

    By

    jindracusin_b91ab57c9b jindracusin_b91ab57c9b September 2019 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • Daz Studio 4.12 Pro, General Release! (*UPDATED*)

    Thank you but...

    No face transfer plug in for Mac users? That's just... not good. Very not good. How many Studio users, those of us who buy and use Daz content and have paid you significant amounts of money,  do so on Mac platforms? This is not just a small percentage of your customer base. For all of those people to be cut out of a significant upgrade is... and I'm cleaning up my language here because this really, really bleeps me off, not very good at all.

    +1 I'm hopeful, though, that a Mac version of this face transfer plug in is being developed. I sure hope that's true. I can't tell you how I feel when I see a product described on the DAZ site with a note: Windows only.

    By

    inquire inquire September 2019 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • DAZ Studio 4.12 ... Face creation abilities????

    Neither is perfect.

    So the advertisement says "Instead of just transferring a cut-out of your face onto a figure, our Face Transfer System will create your face shape, bone structure, texture and skin tone in 3D." but from your example it looks not quite like that, right? The original face is kinda squarish, while the resulting heads are more football-shaped?!? Just from looking at the original and the result pictures I wouldn't see them as the same person at all.

    I guees, one will have to use morph sliders a lot to adjust the shape of the head, but will that be possible without messing up the textures?

    By

    maikdecker maikdecker September 2019 in The Commons
  • No Face Transfer Pane

    When did those of you with no sign of Facte Transfer download? I got it about eleven hours ago and my list of package files in DIM includes:

    • /DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/plugins/dzeasyloader.dll
    • /DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/plugins/dzexpexporter.dll
    • /DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/plugins/dzfacetransfer.dll
    • /DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/plugins/dzfbxexporter.dll
    • /DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/plugins/dzfbximporter.dll

    and I hae Face Transfer working

    By

    Richard Haseltine Richard Haseltine September 2019 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • DAZ Studio 4.12 ... Face creation abilities????

    Here's a quick and dirty comparison with the other app I own, Facegen Artist Pro 2, using a high res resource image for the face. The output textures are the same size, 4098, but the quality is not as crisp with the FaceTransfer utility. Neither is perfect. I used the Face Transfer generated shaders for both.

    Thanks for the comparison.  FT looks to be especially weak in the eyebrow department.  I'm guessing eyebrow  removal and fibermesh time?

    By

    Sevrin Sevrin September 2019 in The Commons
  • Where can I find a proper THICC morph for G8F or G3F?

    I would love to have a Mia Sand morph, please do make one for us! 

     

     

    ~SNIP~

    I'll grab up some of the morphs you guys mentioned, and mess around with them a bit. Hopefully I can create something like I'm talking about. If not, would anyone be interested in attempting to do an accurate Mia Sand morph for G8F? I'd of course be willing to pay for it. 

    I already made a ZBrushed thicc morph, but I can surely do a ZBrushed Mia Sand morph for G8 instead of my V8, hell, I'd do it for free as I love Mia Sand's figure and I would be doing it for myself as much as for you! Like you, I cannot stand the deflated butt-look and fake-boob style that Daz has defaulted to for V8 which is why I made these morphs to begin with!

     

    By

    Succulent Fruit Succulent Fruit September 2019 in The Commons
  • Daz Studio 4.12 Pro, General Release! (*UPDATED*)
    Thanks for the reply

    Quick question. Does the Face Transfer work on Genesis, 2, 3 etc or only 8.?.

    thanks for the reply!

    Thanks

    8 Only

    https://www.daz3d.com/face-transfer-unlimited

    By

    Jay Jay_1264499 Jay Jay_1264499 September 2019 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • Daz Studio 4.12 Pro, General Release! (*UPDATED*)

    Quick question. Does the Face Transfer work on Genesis, 2, 3 etc or only 8.?.

    Thanks

    8 Only

    https://www.daz3d.com/face-transfer-unlimited

    Not purchasing anything until they resolve the obvious big bugs. Sides may need to go back to 10...

    By

    Bobvan Bobvan September 2019 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • Remember, "There's Always Another Sale™" (Report sales errors here.)

    It looks like there is no special PA festival pricing on the new Face Transfer Tool Unlimited; just the standard 30% new release and 30% DO PC+ discounts  Is that what is intentional or should the 40% festval new release apply?

     

    By

    Charlie Judge Charlie Judge September 2019 in The Commons
  • No Face Transfer Pane

    Did you follow recomendations to Update and Merge Menus? It is on the Window/Workspace menu.

    Window>Panes(Tabs)>Face Transfer

    So it says in the installed Plug Ins section that the Face Transfer Plug In failed to load. Not gonna buy the full version if it won't load, that's for sure.

    That sounds like a bad install, or somehow a version mis-match. Check Help>About Daz Studio to make sure you do have 4.12.0.86, and of course that you are running the 64 bit version on Windows.

    I agree. I am missing the application file (.dll) for the Face Transfer.  It did not download with the rest. It is not listed on the files in the package in the Install Manager either. I have tried uninstalling and re-installing it, but the file just isn't there.

     

    By

    andersenpm1682_a0b35d2d07 andersenpm1682_a0b35d2d07 September 2019 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • DAZ Studio 4.12 ... Face creation abilities????

    Here's a quick and dirty comparison with the other app I own, Facegen Artist Pro 2, using a high res resource image for the face. The output textures are the same size, 4098, but the quality is not as crisp with the FaceTransfer utility. Neither is perfect. I used the Face Transfer generated shaders for both.

    By

    Redz Redz September 2019 in The Commons
  • DAZ Studio 4.12 ... Face creation abilities????

    The Key is right now 50% off!!!

    Where do you find the key?

    https://www.daz3d.com/face-transfer-unlimited

    It looks like the is no special PA festival  pricing on this one. Just the standard 30% new releasee and 30% DO PC+ discounts.

    By

    Charlie Judge Charlie Judge September 2019 in The Commons
  • Daz Studio 4.12 Pro, General Release! (*UPDATED*)

    Quick question. Does the Face Transfer work on Genesis, 2, 3 etc or only 8.?.

    Thanks

    8 Only

    https://www.daz3d.com/face-transfer-unlimited

    By

    DoctorJellybean DoctorJellybean September 2019 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • Daz Studio 4.12 Pro, General Release! (*UPDATED*)

    Quick question. Does the Face Transfer work on Genesis, 2, 3 etc or only 8.?.

    Thanks

    By

    Jay Jay_1264499 Jay Jay_1264499 September 2019 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • DAZ Studio 4.12 ... Face creation abilities????

    https://www.daz3d.com/face-transfer-unlimited

    The Key is right now 50% off!!!

    Where do you find the key?

     

    By

    Richard Haseltine Richard Haseltine September 2019 in The Commons
  • Michael and Friends Appreciation Association [Images] Pt 2

     

    Thanks. Took me ages to get it the way I wanted. My first attempt with just the Michael 4 version of the character seemed rather lacking so I just kept the basic face morph then went to town on the dials. I think he's got a little bit of every generation in him except Mike 2 & 3. He certainly looks better now that he's had a make over and a very long vacation from Hogwarts.

    By

    Byrdie Byrdie September 2019 in The Commons
  • Face Transfer serial number?

    How to activate the plugin

    This plugin does NOT require a separate installer to be downloaded and run separately. The plugin itself is included in the installation of Daz Studio, but it is not activated until you enter a valid serial number. To do this, go to the "Help" menu in the main menu bar of Daz Studio and select the "About Installed Plugins…" action. Next, find the entry for "Face Transfer" and paste or type in your serial code* into the Serial Number field. Finally, click on the "Accept" button to finish the registration process. You will need to close Daz Studio and reopen it before you can start using the the plugin.

    *Your serial code will be listed in the "Serial Numbers" section of your www.daz3d.com account.

     

    Now if somebody could tell me where to find it in Daz, that would be great!

    If it doesn't show up under Serial Numbers and you purchased a copy, then contact Daz,

    How do you purchase it? I don't see it in the store.

    https://www.daz3d.com/face-transfer-unlimited

    By

    Richard Haseltine Richard Haseltine September 2019 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
Previous Next
Adding to Cart…

Daz 3D is part of Tafi

Connect

DAZ Productions, Inc.
7533 S Center View Ct #4664
West Jordan, UT 84084

HELP

Contact Us

Tutorials

Help Center

Sell Your 3D Content

Affiliate Program

Documentation Center

Open Source

Consent Preferences

JOIN DAZ

Memberships

Blog

About Us

Press

Careers

Bridges

Community

In the Studio

Gallery

Forum

DAZ STORE

Shop

Freebies

Published Artists

Licensing Agreement | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | EULA

© 2026 Daz Productions Inc. All Rights Reserved.