• Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3D Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
    • Game Ready
  • Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions
  • Download Studio
  • Menu
  • Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3d Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
  • Community
    • Our Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

Loading...
Daz 3D Forums > Search
  • DAZ Studio 4.12 ... Face creation abilities????

    I tried it out, and I think the big downside is that it doesn't accept any user input.
    You can't remove asymmetry, specify custom skin maps to use, adjust the shape points (or see where they're plotted), or make any kind of face adjustment.  You're locked in to what it creates, and can't do anything else to make last minute corrections.
    It also failed on some faces, so you can't force it to accept any image you choose.
    "Face Transfer failed to generate.  Try a different source image."

    And I don't know what this error message means.  It pops up every time:
    "Face Transfer failed to load the base material preset.
    The image will still transfer, but with reduced quality."

    That's a bummer. I guess you can't apply expressions and such to it either. I would think you should be able to export the model to Hexagon or something like that. I guess the whole purpose of the plug-in is just to "sort of" copy someone's face "as is".

    Once it's done, it's like any other figure - you can apply subsequent morphs if you've got them (e.g. mix with Vicky 8, or use the Head Morphs pack) and expressions. (There's no guarantee the expressions will look right, I guess it depends how extreme the morph is.

    By

    Silent Winter Silent Winter September 2019 in The Commons
  • Down loading Studio 4.12

    Was Studio 4.11 so bad that people were in that much of a hurry to dump it?

    No, but the new one apparently has render speed improvements (as well as the new face transfer thing to try out, but that's neither here nor there for me as the free version is limited to 3 saves).

    By

    Silent Winter Silent Winter September 2019 in The Commons
  • No Face Transfer Pane

    So it says in the installed Plug Ins section that the Face Transfer Plug In failed to load. Not gonna buy the full version if it won't load, that's for sure.

     

    Me too.  I checked and the file is there in the plugins directory, but it didn't load...

    By

    WandW WandW September 2019 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • is there a Face Transfer thread

    I know I said I was done tweaking this models face but I decided to try to clean it up a bit.  It would have taken me forever to get this with dial spins, so starting close with the face transfer and then tweaking worked pretty well I think.

     

    By

    grinch2901 grinch2901 September 2019 in Art Studio
  • DAZ Studio 4.12 ... Face creation abilities????

    Having an option to remove asymmetry should help, and should be easy to add, but it's a start to get some correction options in there.
    I have two more issues.  My source photo has a closed mouth, but Face Transfer pulls the lips apart, so the mouth doesn't look fully closed.  It's also flattening the entire lip area, like a thinning effect.
    And when the source photo has long hair covering the ears and touching the shoulders, the face morph suffers from huge neck syndrome.

    By

    Seven193 Seven193 September 2019 in The Commons
  • Face Transfer serial number?

    We're getting so many similar threads. Please be sure to look for ones that may already be discussing your topics before posting a new one.

    Information on where the pane is has been posted here: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/354001/no-face-transfer-pane

     

    How to activate the plugin

    This plugin does NOT require a separate installer to be downloaded and run separately. The plugin itself is included in the installation of Daz Studio, but it is not activated until you enter a valid serial number. To do this, go to the "Help" menu in the main menu bar of Daz Studio and select the "About Installed Plugins…" action. Next, find the entry for "Face Transfer" and paste or type in your serial code* into the Serial Number field. Finally, click on the "Accept" button to finish the registration process. You will need to close Daz Studio and reopen it before you can start using the the plugin.

    *Your serial code will be listed in the "Serial Numbers" section of your www.daz3d.com account.

     

    Now if somebody could tell me where to find it in Daz, that would be great!

    Find the pane? (see above) or the serial numbers. Go to the upper right on the page, person icon, drop-down, account, serial numbers (mine was bottom of list).

    By

    Cris Palomino Cris Palomino September 2019 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • DAZ Studio 4.12 ... Face creation abilities????

    I tried it out, and I think the big downside is that it doesn't accept any user input.
    You can't remove asymmetry, specify custom skin maps to use, adjust the shape points (or see where they're plotted), or make any kind of face adjustment.  You're locked in to what it creates, and can't do anything else to make last minute corrections.
    It also failed on some faces, so you can't force it to accept any image you choose.
    "Face Transfer failed to generate.  Try a different source image."

    And I don't know what this error message means.  It pops up every time:
    "Face Transfer failed to load the base material preset.
    The image will still transfer, but with reduced quality."

    That's a bummer. I guess you can't apply expressions and such to it either. I would think you should be able to export the model to Hexagon or something like that. I guess the whole purpose of the plug-in is just to "sort of" copy someone's face "as is".

    By

    magog_a4eb71ab magog_a4eb71ab September 2019 in The Commons
  • DAZ Studio 4.12 ... Face creation abilities????

    Hello All,

    Ok, I have done it, I have upgraded to version 4.12.   Soooo, where is it?  Where is the Face Transfer?  I can't find it.

    Also I have seen that they added the 'conditions' to the update page in which that you can use the program unlimted but it has a watermark.  And it mentions the three free saves without the watermark.  I am assuming that you do have control over this so that you can try out some faces and if one comes out really good then you can commit it to a save?

    Oh yeah, and the timeline got a serious update.  So I have something new to figure out there.

    Thanks!

    Geo

     

    Make sure you have the latest update for Genesis 8 Essentials.

    Load the figure.

    Select the head.

    Go to Windows menus>Panes>Face Transfer.

    My pane attached to where my tabs for parameters, shaping are.

    By

    Cris Palomino Cris Palomino September 2019 in The Commons
  • Daz Studio 4.12 Pro, General Release! (*UPDATED*)

    While using Face Transfer, the color of the bodies versus the texture on the face are drastically different.  Is there a simple way resetting the face texture so the face and body match.  Example of problem below

    By

    jindracusin_b91ab57c9b jindracusin_b91ab57c9b September 2019 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • DAZ Studio 4.12 ... Face creation abilities????

    My question is can you tweak the final/saved version ,is it a morph or a texture?

    Both, you get a face textuyre and a morph.

    TD

    By

    thd777 thd777 September 2019 in The Commons
  • No Face Transfer Pane

    Okay, so I've upgraded to Daz Studio 4.12, and I've purchased the full Face Transfer utility and got it installed.  What it doesn't tell me is where in Daz Studio the plugin is located or how to use it.  Anyone got a clue?

    By

    pkieferjr_c27285b125 pkieferjr_c27285b125 September 2019 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • No Face Transfer Pane

    For those having trouble finding Face Transfer, go to Menu>Help>About Installed Plug-Ins and see if the installation failed.  The message I get is that it's either not a valid Daz Studio plug-in or it's the wrong version.

    By

    Cdpierson Cdpierson September 2019 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • DAZ Studio 4.12 ... Face creation abilities????

    My question is can you tweak the final/saved version ,is it a morph or a texture?

    By

    carrie58 carrie58 September 2019 in The Commons
  • No Face Transfer Pane

    After i purchased "Face Transfer" it tells me to go into "About Plugins" and put in my serial number into the entry beside "Face Transfer" only i cannot find it anywhere, the face transfer is missing in the plugin folder.

    I have Windows 64bit and using Daz Studio 4.11 Pro.

    By

    qert qert September 2019 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • DAZ Studio 4.12 ... Face creation abilities????

    Here's a quick and dirty comparison with the other app I own, Facegen Artist Pro 2, using a high res resource image for the face. The output textures are the same size, 4098, but the quality is not as crisp with the FaceTransfer utility. Neither is perfect. I used the Face Transfer generated shaders for both.

    Hmmm, it seems that by initial glance Facegen looks better.  BUT looking at some details, things like the nose FaceTransfer did better.  But with the eyes and eyebrows, I think Facegen did better.  The mouth seems a bit indifferent.   Hard to judge.  I had only tried out Headshop and I didn't like all the hoop jumping you had to do with that program in setting the points and stuff and still it didn't do such a great job.  Even back then I had wondered if Facegen was better, but I was reading that it doesn't handle smiling faces as good as Headshop did.  BTW, how does FaceTransfer deal with wide smiles?  It seems like it does slight smiles and no smiles pretty good.

    By

    jukingeo jukingeo September 2019 in The Commons
  • DAZ Studio 4.12 ... Face creation abilities????

    Hello All,

    Ok, I have done it, I have upgraded to version 4.12.   Soooo, where is it?  Where is the Face Transfer?  I can't find it.

    Also I have seen that they added the 'conditions' to the update page in which that you can use the program unlimted but it has a watermark.  And it mentions the three free saves without the watermark.  I am assuming that you do have control over this so that you can try out some faces and if one comes out really good then you can commit it to a save?

    Oh yeah, and the timeline got a serious update.  So I have something new to figure out there.

    Thanks!

    Geo

     

    By

    jukingeo jukingeo September 2019 in The Commons
  • DAZ Studio 4.12 ... Face creation abilities????

    I tried it out, and I think the big downside is that it doesn't accept any user input.
    You can't remove asymmetry, specify custom skin maps to use, adjust the shape points (or see where they're plotted), or make any kind of face adjustment.  You're locked in to what it creates, and can't do anything else to make last minute corrections.
    It also failed on some faces, so you can't force it to accept any image you choose.
    "Face Transfer failed to generate.  Try a different source image."

    And I don't know what this error message means.  It pops up every time:
    "Face Transfer failed to load the base material preset.
    The image will still transfer, but with reduced quality."

    I created a feature request in the DAZ Help Center to add an option to the face transfer to mirror the morph to address the asymmetry issue.  Some faces that have hair covering just one side can cause distortion on that side but the other side is fine.  If we could mirror the morph left to right or right to left the user could easily fix it.  You could open your own feature request to help increase the demand for such a feature.

    By

    RobotHeadArt RobotHeadArt September 2019 in The Commons
  • DAZ Studio 4.12 ... Face creation abilities????

    I would never expect a tool like this to be perfect - but from what I have seen and my own quick tests, it could be a very useful tool. Great for background characters or as a starting point for further editing. I'm very happy to have it. Careful selection of the source image will be very important - of course you can edit that before using Face Transfer.

    By

    PhilW PhilW September 2019 in The Commons
  • DAZ Studio 4.12 ... Face creation abilities????

    Sorry that it isn't a render, but just a quick test that I've posted to DevianArt: https://www.deviantart.com/n-rarts/art/Face-Transfer-Test-Nyotengu-814528257

     

     

    By

    N-RArts N-RArts September 2019 in The Commons
  • No Face Transfer Pane

    Did you follow recomendations to Update and Merge Menus? It is on the Window/Workspace menu.

    Window>Panes(Tabs)>Face Transfer

    I was refering to the location of Update and Merge Menus command, not the location of the Face Transfer pane. 

    Oops, so you were.

    By

    Richard Haseltine Richard Haseltine September 2019 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
Previous Next
Adding to Cart…

Daz 3D is part of Tafi

Connect

DAZ Productions, Inc.
7533 S Center View Ct #4664
West Jordan, UT 84084

HELP

Contact Us

Tutorials

Help Center

Sell Your 3D Content

Affiliate Program

Documentation Center

Open Source

Consent Preferences

JOIN DAZ

Memberships

Blog

About Us

Press

Careers

Bridges

Community

In the Studio

Gallery

Forum

DAZ STORE

Shop

Freebies

Published Artists

Licensing Agreement | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | EULA

© 2026 Daz Productions Inc. All Rights Reserved.