• Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3D Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
    • Game Ready
  • Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions
  • Download Studio
  • Menu
  • Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3d Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
  • Community
    • Our Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

Loading...
Daz 3D Forums > Search
  • HD Body Shapes & Head Morphs

    has anyone rendered anything wiht the new HD heads? perhaps show some examples. Thanks

    Here are the heads with textures, no other head morphs dialed in. I think they have tons of character, but I'm really bad at telling the difference between HD morphs and regular morphs unless the detail is super strong. 

    Thanks for the post, very useful.

    Can you show a character that you like (with no HD details ideally) before and after applying the 5 morph heads.

    I am curious how much they change the original shape, from how they look I'm betting a lot.

    Sure! I've only got time to do one but they change the shape quite a bit. I used Kala 8 and applied both Kala and Head 1 at 50%, then both at 100%. It looks kinda cartoonish with both morphs fully applied, but at 50% I think the results are beautiful. 

    Thank you for this!

    You are right, both shapes at 100% is too much as it is normal. Both at 50% is really interesting. I guess my problem with Head 1 shows up here as well and that is waaay to strong jaws for a woman for my liking but it is interesting. What I don't see though are those new HD details the new shape is supposed to bring in. Maybe somebody with a better eye can point them out for me.

    By

    alex86fire alex86fire January 2020 in The Commons
  • Genesis 9 delayed until at least 2020. Will you be buying it?

    Honestly, from my perspective, me not investing *too* much in mostly gen 3/8 products, morphs etc, I can't wait for a new generation. Surely, genesis 8 could use some improvements, but as others mentioned - technology will only improve if there is a demand for it. I feel for the people who spent a lot $$ than most of us, but they will probably stay on genesis 3/8 for quite some time - or at least until converters come. 
     

    what I would like to see with genesis 9 is the ability for non PA to create HD morphs. And if needed, I'm prepared to pay a nice sum of money for this tool. I also like FaceTransfer, and while it's not perfect (yet), I hope it's going to get improved with the option to add side pictures, change textures etc, just like in Facegen and HeadShop. I like it because it's integrated in the program itself, but at this point I don't see myself buying the unlimited version. 
     

    apart from that, it would be awesome to get some sort of soft body physics/collision or skin bending. There is a program out there that uses Daz models and it uses collision physics. I haven't trued it myself, but in the videos, it seems quite realistic. 
     

    But anyway, I will wait as long as necessary for new generation to be released. I will, as always, probably buy about 50 or so females and start a rant about the lack of male content, but it's the way it is ????. Daz, I have set some money aside so I can cash out on Genesis 9. Please, release it soon and take my money for it. Can't wait for new gen!!

    The part with HD morphs for everybody will not happen just because it's a new generation. If they wanted, they could just as easily release the  G8 version but they don't.

    Actually all they would need to do was to let people import a higher subD version of G8 as morph. It would be all that was needed for us to make our own morphs if we wanted to. That is something related to Daz itself and not to the figure. The part with FaceTransfer is something that I would also love but again, it is not related to G8 itself. They can improve upn face detection as much as they want, G8 is not limiting them at this point in no way.

    Soft body physics is also something that would be awesome but it's not related to G8. just as dForce is not related to G8 itself. It is something that Daz would have to improve about the software itself.

    I can understand why you would want a new generation if you didn't buy much of G3/G8. You already want something new, even something closely matching G8 maybe, but since G8 is already old and you expect G9 soon you want to invest in the new figure. This being said, I believe the new figure would need something really good that they can't do on the G8 itself to be worth it.

    For example, maybe they want to do motion capture on the face, so you can take a photo or a video and they could replicate the expresions into a pose/animation. Maybe for that, except the software that needs improvement, maybe they realize the topology of the current Genesis doesn't fully support all the thing they need to do and so they create a new generation with a topology better suited for their new needs.

    By

    alex86fire alex86fire January 2020 in The Commons
  • HD Body Shapes & Head Morphs

    has anyone rendered anything wiht the new HD heads? perhaps show some examples. Thanks

    Here are the heads with textures, no other head morphs dialed in. I think they have tons of character, but I'm really bad at telling the difference between HD morphs and regular morphs unless the detail is super strong. 

    Thanks for the post, very useful.

    Can you show a character that you like (with no HD details ideally) before and after applying the 5 morph heads.

    I am curious how much they change the original shape, from how they look I'm betting a lot.

    Sure! I've only got time to do one but they change the shape quite a bit. I used Kala 8 and applied both Kala and Head 1 at 50%, then both at 100%. It looks kinda cartoonish with both morphs fully applied, but at 50% I think the results are beautiful. 

    By

    plasma_ring plasma_ring January 2020 in The Commons
  • Asian boys aviable?

    I have been looking for similar content as well, but no luck. What I suggest you to use is Growing Up for genesis 3 or 8, you can use base male to shrink him or use any of the pre-made characters. The results are not perfect first time, so you'll have to tweak the figure further with morph sliders. You could use Zachary figure and change the head to look Asian. 

    https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/919621/

    That is my first try, but it is still not final...

    By

    Loony Loony January 2020 in Product Suggestions
  • Lack of male content

    You should give up on requesting male content, like I did. I was ranting about it all the time, and honestly, it's not worth it. There are some female products you can use on males, and there are other sites that mught sell more male content. The sad reality is, PAs won't create content if ut doesnt sell, and I do undesrtand them. 
     

    That's why I bought Marvelous Designer and started learning to model clothes myself. It's a steep learning curve, but well-worth it. Heck, I might even try and sell some of the clothes I made, if I can get some money back this way. Regarding morphs, you can use Blender (free), or get Zbrush, which is a bit more advanced. I am planning to learn how to morph properly and do JCMs after I am comfortable with MD9. Until then, hold in and sait for new releases.

     

    cheers,

    nejc

    By

    sterlenejc sterlenejc January 2020 in Product Suggestions
  • Asian boys aviable?

    I have been looking for similar content as well, but no luck. What I suggest you to use is Growing Up for genesis 3 or 8, you can use base male to shrink him or use any of the pre-made characters. The results are not perfect first time, so you'll have to tweak the figure further with morph sliders. You could use Zachary figure and change the head to look Asian. 

    By

    sterlenejc sterlenejc January 2020 in Product Suggestions
  • HD Body Shapes & Head Morphs

    has anyone rendered anything wiht the new HD heads? perhaps show some examples. Thanks

    Here are the heads with textures, no other head morphs dialed in. I think they have tons of character, but I'm really bad at telling the difference between HD morphs and regular morphs unless the detail is super strong. 

    Thanks for the post, very useful.

    Can you show a character that you like (with no HD details ideally) before and after applying the 5 morph heads.

    I am curious how much they change the original shape, from how they look I'm betting a lot.

    By

    alex86fire alex86fire January 2020 in The Commons
  • Victoria 8 pro bundle

     

    https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-evolution-shapes-bundle

     

    could be good to have a bundle for the genesis 8 and genesis 3 which where the ones where genesis did not make any "morph bundle.

    This one says that it works for all the genisis models. Wouldn't that be great to have?

    It doesn't work with all Genesis figures. There was only one figure in the Genesis line at the time it was released, that's why it says it works with "the new Genesis line of figures". But that's only for G1.

    By

    Leana Leana January 2020 in The Commons
  • crotch fixer tool searched

    It sounds like you're talking about SIckleyield's

    crotch fixer tool saearched

    Hi, I have the problem... I grabbed some crotch fixer tool for pants/underwear but I really forgot the name xD I dont know where it is in my folders and I also dont see it at any slider...

    can anyone help me to find it?^^ How was/is the name of the product, it is from the official store.

    where do I find it in my programm, maybe you tell me how it is named then I search in the installation files the names, but knowhing where it is in the software would also help :D

     

    It sounds like you're talking about SIckleyield's SY Pants Masculinizer for Genesis 1, G2M & G3M, which is sold over at Renderosity.  However, you could also be describing some of the functions of Zev0's Fit COntrol lline of products, which are sold here at DAZ for G2F, G3F, and Gg8F as well as G2M, G3M, and G8M, or one of Sickleyield's other clothing adjustment packages sold here at DAZ.  Without knowing which one it is, it's hard to say where the controls might be, but as all of those are projection morph systems, the controls will be on the figure somewhere, usually when viewed in the parameters settings. Generally, the quickest way to find out where those dials are is to look at the file list in the readme on the product pages, opr to pull up the product listing in DIM and checking show installed files.   

    By

    Cybersox Cybersox January 2020 in The Commons
  • Victoria 8 pro bundle

    I would like to have the anatomical elements bundled with the DO Body Morphs package that comes out after the release of each new Genesis generation, next one Genesis 9 I guess, and DAZ instead improve the character pro bundles to instead include the HD morph for the main character which will be different for each pro bundle instead of the same as with the anatomical elements. 

    By

    nonesuch00 nonesuch00 January 2020 in The Commons
  • Victoria 8 pro bundle

     

    https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-evolution-shapes-bundle

     

    could be good to have a bundle for the genesis 8 and genesis 3 which where the ones where genesis did not make any "morph bundle.

    This one says that it works for all the genisis models. Wouldn't that be great to have?

     

    By

    dennisgray41 dennisgray41 January 2020 in The Commons
  • Wondering if I'm over thinking this.. (mirroring a morph)

    I posted another question, to which I'm still working on. So I guess I'm fighting a battle on two fronts. But.. What I was trying to do just now, I figured out how to do. But, I'm wondering if anyone out there knows if there's a better/easier way. I might be making it way more difficult than it has to be.

    What I'm trying to do is reverse a facial expression morph along the Y plane, like a mirror image. The method I've figured out is the following (and I'll add an illustration if this is TL;DR).
    1. Go into the property edit mode of the morphs.
    2. Open the property hierarchy.
    3. Copy all of the data.
    4. Use it as a template to copy and paste each individual adjustment to the opposite bone property (swapping positive and negative as appropriate).

    This will most likely take the better part of a whole day if I set asside a whole day just to do this. It might be the only way. I understand fully that anything worth doing is worth doing right and it's not going to be easy, but to be honest.. Daz is just fun for me and even the thought of this sucks all the fun right out of it. So.. Does anyone know another way? Am I really just making this job way harder than it has to be? lol

    By

    w00tus w00tus January 2020 in New Users
  • The "Animators Assemble!" thread for Daz animation WIPs, clips, and tips

    Thank you Wolf, I was able to bring in the fbx from motionbuilder, however, I noticed some things.  Gen8 is causing issues (due to the roll bones, the arms are bendy.. hahaha, looks really funny), and some blendshape animation doesn't seem to come through.  I tried with a different character, and it comes in fine, but morph animation doesn't come in.  I'm going to test from studio directly to see if it is something in the mobu fbx file.

    But this is much further than I ever got before..

     

    By

    Bryan Steagall Bryan Steagall January 2020 in Art Studio
  • New Installed Morphs Not Appearing

    Clearing the DSON cache didn't work.

    I searched for the files and found the body morphs here: C:\Users\user name\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Daz Connect Library\data\cloud\1_42073\data\daz 3d\genesis 8\female\morphs\daz 3d\body                                                    

    I found the Head morphs here: C:\Users\user name\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Daz Connect Library\data\cloud\1_42075\data\daz 3d\genesis 8\female\morphs\daz 3d\head.

    One other Character morph which appears and works is here: C:\Users\user name\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Daz Connect Library\data\cloud\1_47095\data\daz 3d\genesis 8\female\morphs\dark elf\binah

    The muscle morphs which appear are there too: C:\Users\user name\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Daz Connect Library\data\cloud\1_54469\data\daz 3d\genesis 8\female\morphs\xenic101\musculature

    They are all in the same folder C:\Users\user name\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Daz Connect Library\data\cloud

    Since they are all in the same main folder I don't see why they are not appearing. 

    By

    zoomzoooie zoomzoooie January 2020 in New Users
  • Bending letters using morphs?

    A morph wouldn't really work for that as it moves the vertices in straight lines, so going from M to W it would flaten down to a plane at mid-height and then grow again. If you want bends you really need a rigged figure.

    You could just create a bunch of intermediate morphs. Not sure if that would be quicker than rigging and animating...

    By

    lilweep lilweep January 2020 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • Victoria 8 pro bundle

    to be fair i would love to have the "morphs being put together in a "moprh" bundle like in previous genesis(genesis 1 and 2), specially if you are using "outside daz", because it could make then less costing specially outside daz, because in many cases the single regular price and the "price of the interactive license" of each those products ca be much more expensive than if they where banded in a single bundle,

    I don't think interactive licences are a huge part of Daz's sales thinking.

    I suppose they must sell some, but many/most Daz assets are poorly optimised for gaming, and a lot of the people who actually need a licence will have a budget to play with. (Just rendering Daz assets in a game engine is entirely covered by the standard licence; people who actually need the extended terms of the interactive licence are distributing mesh/texture assets as part of a playable game, so will probably be expecting some financial return).

    as i told it's not just the "interactive license" but also the full price" normally when daz make a "bundle" the final price(not the license) will be much less cost than if you had to buy each piece of the bundle apart, it can help specially for "new comes" and as i told previous genesis like 1 and 2 had that "moprhs bundles:

    https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-2-female-morphs-bundle

    https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-2-male-s-morphs-bundle

    https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-evolution-shapes-bundle

     

    could be good to have a bundle for the genesis 8 and genesis 3 which where the ones where genesis did not make any "morph bundle.

     

    By

    Ellessarr Ellessarr January 2020 in The Commons
  • a using DAZ content in UE4 thread

    well ok here the tutorial about "how to be able to use the "HD" stuffs outside DAZ, this will allow you to bring to the mesh "almost every hd" effect which means high poly mesh to a low poly mesh without actually change the mesh,

     

    well as i told in the previous post, you really can't export high poly stuffs(unless they base is high poly then you can) or to be clear you can't export fbx files outside daz with more than the "base" resolution, but you can do what any outside daz artists do which is the "bake normal" process, which is basically get the high poly mesh and add all it's details to a low poly mesh throught the "normal map" remember normal map is you soulmate!!!, it's have the power to store that info without really make any real change to the mesh it will create a "illusion" which make the mesh looks much more detailed and high poly than it was and only a really, really close look like(like puting the camera direct in touch of the mesh which you would really start to notice the "illusions" otherwise even for render it's a perfect illusion, even in daz many "outfits and even characters" use normal maps for that "details" which will appear in the render as if they where real, the ony issue is which really the normal is a lot low valued inside daz since most of the artists here prefer to just "go high" but to be fair no issue is they right to do whatever they want and how they want really no problem on that, but for a work outside daz it can be really troublesome.

     

    Going back, normally the process to make the bake normal would also need to make a "retopology" which means get a high mesh and make a low poly copy of it then the normal wil be added on that copy, but since somehow daz already do that for us(since the high resolution" is just a smooth version of the low), then we just need to make the "bake", now let's start:

     

    i'm using the "orc face" only because due to a weird issue inside substance paint i was unable to bake the full body then only the face lips and ears got the normal baked then since i'm not in the mood to loose a lot of time trying to make it work then i will use just the face which will be enough if you are using substance paint then if you get stuck in the same issue as me try to find a work around and if possible i would love to see it otherwise if everything work fine then do the work.

     

    here the "face" in it's base resolution

    we gonna export it as fbx (in your case you full model)

     

    then now we gonna dial it to it's high mesh value in my case will be high resolution and subdivision level 3

    then now to "export this level of resolution" we gonna change the file format, instead of export it as fbx we gonna export it as obj, then when it ask you to choose the name and file type choose obj and save, it will remove the joints and only export the mesh, which is not a problem since we only neeed the mesh not the rigging to bake.

     

    now to bake i will not give a tutorial go to youtube and look for "baking normal tutorials, with substance paint or xnormals" or any other program which can make the bake but i will make a sumary which that program will have a "bake option" and on that option in based on what program you are using it can either ask you to only add the high meshe if you already open the low(substance case) or add both low and high in they right places, then it will make all the info details from the high poly be burned in the "low poly" uv map creating a "normal map" with that effects.

     

    then now the process is pretty simple open unreal and expor all the maps you want and need as aways:, base color, normal(you can use both regular normal map from the product and the ones you baked), specular, if needed metalic and roughness and ambient occlusion, then inside daz you gonna go to the material you want add the "normal":

     here a image:

    face on his base form without any normal:

    face with it's "baked normal:

    it's magic!!!!! lol, if you like you can add the other "normal map made from the base color then combining both baked and base color normal map you get this result:

    when combning normal some effects from one of the normals can be overlayed by the other map like in the lips then it's up to you.

     

    here the "face full"

    here the face with only the baked normal:

     

    and finally but not "last" here the material configuration, (is the same for lips and ears if needed)

     

    don't worry i will explain that crazyness.

    ok all that multiples i've add was to "control all the maps" with tha paramters you can "control the strengt" of the maps like a "morph" if you dial to 0 then it means disabled dial to 1 means full enable, don't forget to create a instace of each material and use that instance then inside the instance enable the "dial" then you can now control how much "visible the base color can be or how much the normal map will be visible, if you want you can also dial to 0 the original base color and use the "grey" buttom to add a random color from the color wheel, if you don't like that and want things simple just remove all the scalar parameters and multiply from where you want then attach the texture direct to the "add"( add work's like the lerp option but is more like a "limited version, where you can only merge maps, lerp is more if you want to work with alpha maps as i explained in previous posts), to use "ADD" you must click and hold the key A then click in the screen, then like the lerp link the maps you want to merge to make a single one.

     

    any question feedback, and good comment or even criticism is welcome aslong it is civilized and constructive, no offenses and things like that.

    peace and have fun.

     

    ps: here  a link for the xnormal program, it's a free program to bake normals, it's already had sometime since the last time i used it because now i'm using substance paint then i don't full remember how to use it but as i told it's "FREE" and you can find some tutorials about how to use it in the net and youtube.

     

    ps2: i would love to see some images or videos from peoples using daz characters inside unreal following or not my tutorials, i really would love to see others peoples works.

    https://xnormal.net/

    By

    Ellessarr Ellessarr January 2020 in Unreal Discussion
  • woes importing animates

    is there a path to use m4 animates on g8m?  baking t poses or something?

    the importer came with a starter bundle.

    and this looks like fun  https://www.daz3d.com/animate-hits-falls-for-m4 

    Hits and falls is fun!

    I bought this a while back and it works great in DS, but I botched the job of baking back into a proper aniBlock, so I need to practice that. 

    Animation Conversion from V4.2 to Genesis and Genesis 2 and it looks like DraagonStorm has more stuff like that available as well. More often, however, I do something similar to what Wendy says above, but directly in Carrara using the graph editor.

     

    i just remembered the poser walk designer.

    anyone tried it on gen1 or g2?

     

    I haven't directly, but I do use a lot of V4/M4 animations with Genesis and just tweaking the legs and feet. I always tweak everything else anyway. I used to use Poser's Walk Designer to create a custom walk path and save to animated PZ2, but now I just use the M4 and V4 Walk Construction Kits (GoFigure) to get the basics for the walks (turns, starts, stops, etc.,) and then customize to what I want.

    I must say... after finishing PhilW's Animation in Carrara course, I'm inspired to do a lot more by hand. But I'll also never stop adding to my MoCap collections. It saves me a LOT of time to be able to transfer the motions of a live actor to my figures. It's very seldom that I'll ever use a motion capture fully as delivered. I always tweak at least something, but mostly tweak a lot. I mean... a Lot. But it still gives me some amazing performance data as a base to work from.

    By

    Dartanbeck Dartanbeck January 2020 in Carrara Discussion
  • Victoria 8 pro bundle

    The morph bundles are for the complete genesis line of that generation.  If they were included in every Pro bundle then some people would end up payinmg for them umpteen times and have upteen copies,  and you only need them once.

     

    To be fair, that's already true of the anatomical elements.

    Yes,  but they don't cost extra,   the morph packages do.

    You can't really calculate the cost of the anatomical elements, because they're not available outside of the pro bundles. I think it's safe to assume they wouldn't be free if they were released as standalone products in the store.

     

    By

    Gordig Gordig January 2020 in The Commons
  • Victoria 8 pro bundle

    The morph bundles are for the complete genesis line of that generation.  If they were included in every Pro bundle then some people would end up payinmg for them umpteen times and have upteen copies,  and you only need them once.

     

    To be fair, that's already true of the anatomical elements.

    Yes,  but they don't cost extra,   the morph packages do.

     

    By

    Chohole Chohole January 2020 in The Commons
Previous Next
Adding to Cart…

Daz 3D is part of Tafi

Connect

DAZ Productions, Inc.
7533 S Center View Ct #4664
West Jordan, UT 84084

HELP

Contact Us

Tutorials

Help Center

Sell Your 3D Content

Affiliate Program

Documentation Center

Open Source

Consent Preferences

JOIN DAZ

Memberships

Blog

About Us

Press

Careers

Bridges

Community

In the Studio

Gallery

Forum

DAZ STORE

Shop

Freebies

Published Artists

Licensing Agreement | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | EULA

© 2026 Daz Productions Inc. All Rights Reserved.