• Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3D Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
    • Game Ready
  • Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions
  • Download Studio
  • Menu
  • Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3d Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
  • Community
    • Our Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

Loading...
Daz 3D Forums > Search
  • morph splitting product?

    Am I nuts or did I see a product on here (and a thread here in the commons about it)? I can't remember what it was called and now I find that I could use something like that. I have looked, but not knowing the name of it kinda makes it harder.

    By

    Malandar Malandar March 2020 in The Commons
  • FBX - Studded Jeans Outfit

    FBX is a file format for a 3D model, and yes Daz Studio can import FBX files.

    But in order to make them wotk they need to be modelled to that character base, e.g. G8M.

    After import you will then need to do a transfer rigging to the model you wan't to use them on. Some uses might look a little off without changing the weight paint, but if you can use them with dForce you don't need to worry about that.

    By

    felis felis March 2020 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • Celebrity Look-a-Likes for 3D figures Part 2

    If the face transfer add-on is used to create celebrity face morphs, I may very well consider such add-on.

    Meanwhile, is there any way a face morph based on Cher can be created for Genesis 3 Female?

    If you can find a good full front picture of her with a neutral expression I could give it a quick try, but I suspect that her nose will result in a poor likeness.
    There is a free Cher morph for V4. 
    https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/cherilyn/78529

    It could be transferred to Genesis 3 with Genesis Generation X2 and the G3 plugin, both here at DAZ, but not currently on sale...

    By

    WandW WandW March 2020 in The Commons
  • Celebrity Look-a-Likes for 3D figures Part 2

    If the face transfer add-on is used to create celebrity face morphs, I may very well consider such add-on.

    Meanwhile, is there any way a face morph based on Cher can be created for Genesis 3 Female?

    By

    EightiesIsEnough EightiesIsEnough March 2020 in The Commons
  • Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 12

    Gudrun by Mousso G8F         dForce Collection 04-Casual Outfit G8F by Esha          Haydina Hair by Windfield

    Gudrun- I got this gal because I really liked her skin and eye textures.  Dont get me wrong there is nothing wrong with her per se I just don't particularly care for her nose shape. Although now that I look at her promos again im wondering if I didn't mess her nose up a bit using powerpose to get the smile.  Skin looks great with several makeup and eye color options and translucency options. When I first rendered her I felt like the whites of her eyes were two bright but then I changed the lighting and it makes all the difference. 

    Casual Outfit- I really like the look of the outfit.  The leggings can be dforced if you want but they are Frozen by default. Esha provides a activate and freeze icon with the product, along with 2 dforce settings. The clothing to me does not seem to be crazy thin like some dforce clothing.  The outfit also comes with 2 texture options- something it seems we see less and less of- I remember when clothing items came with several texture sets.....   Esha includes various setting to help with pairing the outfit with other items from the Collection series. Here is the bad: when I try to dforce the Pullover with more extreme poses, say arms on top of head, it explodes.  Now I am not the greatest dforce user so it might just need some settings tweaked.

    Haydina Hair-This hair is cute, I can't believe it took me so long to pick it up! With lots of morph options and hair colors!  It even has backlighting options(seen in image 2)!  I included images 3 to show it as a longer style, sorry didn't let it render out longer I was getting inpatient (first 2 renders took nearly 1 hour each not sure why). 

     

    By

    Daventaki Daventaki March 2020 in Art Studio
  • How to tell if a node has a morph target?

    Ahh okay thank you Richard, so I assume an M means it has its own morph?

    By

    mostlyhuman mostlyhuman March 2020 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • How to tell if a node has a morph target?

    Is there a way to tell if a property/node has a morph target?  I am sorting through a lot of properties and some are getting their shapes by controlling other shapes but some have their own morph targets, and some have both and I cant tell for sure which ones do or dont have their own morph regardless of if its also controlling a morph on another property. 

    I also want to know if a property appears to change a shape but has no Sub-Components or Controllers listed in the Property Hierarchy does that 100% mean it has its own morph or could it still be connected in some other way driving other properties and if so how do I see those connections?  Thank you for any help!

    By

    mostlyhuman mostlyhuman March 2020 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • Daz Studio Not Responding While Opening Files/Black Screen Computer Freeze While Rendering

    Something you said in your post triggered a memory to something someone else said in theirs so ... if you have loaded certain scripts which ran in any of the scenes you are trying to open, one of them could be causing the problem. I'm speaking of 3rd party scripts.

    Rather than trying to keep one large scene file to open, saving several smaller subscenes can be the way to go. Merge them together when/as needed. In any of those scenes avoid having run 3rd party scripts, dForce simulations, etc. Just keep to the basic models, lights, cameras, etc.

    As the fanbelts go nuts when somethings like renders and simulations happen over here, I tend to make morphs of simulations - saving the morph for the clothing items. Then simulations don't need to be saved/run in/for the saved scene files.

    .................

    "just in case" ... NVidia does have Studio drivers for our cards, downloadable from their website.

    By

    Catherine3678ab Catherine3678ab March 2020 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • Long Load Times - Fixing Warnings

    I hate being stupid but let me see if I can start with what I hope is simple.
    What is meant by "a clean G8F resource folder results in no issues. G8F loads in <= 5 seconds" ... what is that? Isn't just a base G8F?
    Next with this "alias" stuff, what file are you looking at to fix these? Or how do you know which file to fix?
    Sorry for being so green but I think this has been a huge reason I've had issues and am more than a little desperate to find some resolve, or at least hope for a resolve. Thanks.

    - pxlzXppl

    Not speaking for what others have said as to what they meant. For myself a clean G8F resource folder means [close D/S] digging into the data folders: data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female\Morphs\ ... and removing [slide to a folder on the desktop or someplace where you can find it but D/S won't] all save those that are made by the company DAZ3D. Close that folder, open D/S, clear the log file, load a figure, check the log file.

    Then close D/S, go back to the data folder and slide back in ONE of the morph folders that had been removed. Close the folder, open D/S, clear the log file, load the figure, check the log file.

    Wash, rince, repeat until the log file shows the problem. THEN you have indentified the morph that causes the error message or the long load times or whatever.

    n.b. sometimes just by reading the log file the offending morph can be discovered.

    n.b. for some bizarre reason yes we are getting a lot of error messages which for the most part for the enduser can be ignored. They don't [normally, drastically] affect load times - the more morphs any figure has, the longer the figure will take to load BUT AFAIK [as far as I know] the load time should be in the seconds or minutes and seconds, NOT hours.

    A number of error messages can be had by morphs seeking control morphs or vice versa which not everybody has.

    By

    Catherine3678ab Catherine3678ab March 2020 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • Daz Shortcut Keys, Defining using 'GNU emacs style'

    If i'm reading that correctly, it's just a comparison of a different software and how DS now functions, not that it is GNU emacs, just similiar in function.

    What this means is that you can now use upto 4 keypresses as opposed to the previous 3 key max.

    Such as i use CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+X to exit DS.

    No, it's always been possible to sue all threee modifiers plus a kye as far as I recall, and certainly is in 4.12.0.86. The Public Build allows you to enter a sequence (one after another) of keys - for example I just assigned m, t to Map Transfer in 4.12.1.76 and it works while t, m doesn't. (I didn't manage to enter more than two keystrokes, butt hat may be because I didn't have any other multi-key sequences starting with M).

     

    To change a shortcut, all you need to do is select the particular object in the Customize Daz Studio pane(f3(default), window>Workspace>customize), Right click, select Change Keyboard shortcut and press the keys you want to assign to that action.

    The only limitation is that the 2, 3 or 4 key press does need to include either the CTRL, SHIFT, ALT keys, but they can be in any order.

    There is no need to include a modifier key.

    If you are assigning new short cuts, i'd be sure to make a list of the new shortcuts, untill you get adjusted to them.

    http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/referenceguide/scripting/api_reference/samples/actions/action_accelerators/start

    By

    Richard Haseltine Richard Haseltine March 2020 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • UltraScenery [Commercial]

    If we are doing requests, I think a "clearing" environment would be useful, with trees mostly to the edges and a more open space in the middle.

    That would make it extremely convenient as an exterior for buildings. I'd even go as far as suggesting a morph for the ground with a "mostly flat" center, and a car-wide path going from that flat area in only one direction (with maybe a narrow path leaving in the opposite direction as a "backyard trail into the forest".

    By

    Drip Drip March 2020 in Daz PA Commercial Products
  • [Released] ManFriday's Mesh Grabber [Commercial]

    I found a new use for Mesh Grabber in my render today. I've been using it mostly to fix clothing poke through or to squish down chair cushions, etc. Today it came in very handy to push hair back behind some fingers. Before Mesh Grabber the hair was running through the finger flesh, and I couldn't find a morph that would move it back out of the way.

     

    Another good use for Mesh Grabber is to tuck hair natuarally behind ears. Sometimes hair just  does not follow through on the ear mesh so a little "grabbing" helps

    By

    Callidus Simia Callidus Simia March 2020 in Daz PA Commercial Products
  • SereneNight's Sci-Fi Fun Thread 2

    The dForce Newrava Outfit for Genesis 8 Male has a nice vest and pants which would make good club wear or a workout outfit when paired with some sneakers. The vest even has an unzip morph.

    By

    Serene Night Serene Night March 2020 in Art Studio
  • Settings for Large, Round Eyes?

    Look at the body subparts in the Scene pane under the Head, and you'll find the Upper Face Rig section. Lots of controls for the rigged face posing handles on the brows and eyelids; after playing around a bit I can get almost perfectly round eyes.

    And I've just realised I also have an Eyes Size shaping morph under Head>Face>Eyes. Not sure if that's a default parameter or if I got it in one of the many G8 morph sets I've bought over the years. Add the two together and I've got a nice goggle-eyed-fishy-person look.

    (There's also a Lower Face Rig controlling the lower mouth, cheek and chin; that's under the Lower Jaw body part.)

    By

    SpottedKitty SpottedKitty March 2020 in The Commons
  • How to save custom character with several transform, scale and rotation warps?

    I was able to figure it out.  

    1)  export as obj

    2) import obj as morph and apply to zeroed character

    3) apply morph, adjust rigging to shape, freeze erc

    3) export through fbx with bake all morphs selected

     

     

    By

    mostlyhuman mostlyhuman March 2020 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • [Released] ManFriday's Mesh Grabber [Commercial]

    I found a new use for Mesh Grabber in my render today. I've been using it mostly to fix clothing poke through or to squish down chair cushions, etc. Today it came in very handy to push hair back behind some fingers. Before Mesh Grabber the hair was running through the finger flesh, and I couldn't find a morph that would move it back out of the way.

     

    By

    barbult barbult March 2020 in Daz PA Commercial Products
  • Settings for Large, Round Eyes?

    200+ has an Eyes Arched morph, amongst others.

    Or dial in a toony character (The Girl 8, Aiko 8, Syph, etc)

    By

    Hylas Hylas March 2020 in The Commons
  • Center the manipulator (gizmo?)

    Is this for an object or a figure? I suspect it's the latter, in which case the solution is to make sure that you perform any major moves using the figure node and use the root bone (the hip on humans) only for placing the figure in space (on the floor, placed to shake hands with a second figure, etc.). If that is the issue you can transfer the translations from the root bone to the figure node to bring them back together.

    By

    Richard Haseltine Richard Haseltine March 2020 in New Users
  • XTransfer Module 1- Genesis 3 to Genesis 8 Morph Converter (Commercial)

    Zev0 "EG clicking on V7 icon and loading her in the scene then using Xtransfer. The product was designed to work with the default base figure only."

    I'm afraid I must be misunderstanding what you're saying. I read this as only transferring G3 Female Base to to G8 Female Base. If true, this seems to be of very limited use.

    Can I not transfer Eva 7 to Generation 8 Female? I hope I misunderstand.

    @fastbike1, I bought this when it came out, but have been too busy to actually use it. Looking at your question, I decided to transfer Eva 7 as my first project so I could give you a step-by-step. Seriously, this couldn't be any easier.

    Here is my step-by-step for XTransfering Eva 7:

    1. Open Daz Studio.
    2. Load the Genesis 3 Base Female.
    3. In the Parameters Tab, locate the Eva 7 morph under Actor > People > Real World
    4. Favorite the one morph, (click on the heart outline icon in the upper right of the parameter, next to the gear icon. When favorited, this heart becomes solid.)
    5. Open the XTransfer Script.
    6. Verify the content directory the morphs will be saved to.
    7. Click on the "Transfer Selected Morphs" button.
    8. Wait until the script has finished. (It took just over five minutes on my computer, which was a pretty fast little beast when I bought it 3-1.2 years ago.)
    9. Close the script once it has finished.

    The script clears the scene and removes your favorite from the original morph, so you don't have to do so manually.

    Just load the Genesis 8 Base Female, select her, and locate the morph under Actors in the Parameters tab. Dial in the morph and apply the original Eva 7 materials. (Tip: Select both the figure and the Eyelash addon, then double-click on the Eva 7 All Maps material preset. This will apply the materials to the eyelashes and eyemoisture at the same time it applies the materials to the base figure.)

    I highly recommend you open the included PDF. XTransfer opens to the Info tab. Click on the button at the bottom of the script window to open the PDF. Everything I've outlined here is in the PDF, and a lot more.

     

    By

    L'Adair L'Adair March 2020 in Daz PA Commercial Products
  • What features would you like to see appear in dazstudio 5?

    I'm running into a problem with G8, in that I have picked up a lot of characters and morphs over the period that it has been the current base. To the point that it takes over 15 minutes just to load a base G8F. G8M loads a bit faster, but still longer than any of my saved G1 dial-spun characters.

    I can see that loading all of the links to potential morphs is probably a good thing when you are sitting down to create a new character. But it's a bit of excessive overhead, once you've finalized that character.

    Is there already a way to finalize a dial-spin so that it is not linked to *all* of the potential morphs in your library? So a saved scene or scene subset of that character by itself, won't take so appallingly long to open or merge it into another scene?

    I have the same problem and made the suggestion of having a way to load only the morphs wanted instead of every morph I had earlier and was basically told by someone to just use Poser if I wanted that

    Frankly, I liked the ability to be able to select the specific morphs I wanted in a figure and save it with only those morphs instead of with 900 others

    Sounds like it's past time for there to be some way of locking and unlocking the morphs a figure calls on when loaded. One would need to be able to unlock it too, if you need to do a modified version of the character (older, younger, give them a sibling, etc) . I've no objection to needing to relaunch Studio for a character building/modification session. But when I'm building scenes with saved characters for illustrations, I want to be able to load them in something like under 15 minutes each.

    It's reached a point that I'm about to abandon G8. Which definitely means abandoning the purchase of any more G8 character mrphs, because that is just making the situation worse.

    By

    JOdel JOdel March 2020 in The Commons
Previous Next
Adding to Cart…

Daz 3D is part of Tafi

Connect

DAZ Productions, Inc.
7533 S Center View Ct #4664
West Jordan, UT 84084

HELP

Contact Us

Tutorials

Help Center

Sell Your 3D Content

Affiliate Program

Documentation Center

Open Source

Consent Preferences

JOIN DAZ

Memberships

Blog

About Us

Press

Careers

Bridges

Community

In the Studio

Gallery

Forum

DAZ STORE

Shop

Freebies

Published Artists

Licensing Agreement | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | EULA

© 2026 Daz Productions Inc. All Rights Reserved.