-
New! Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 14
I had never heard of them before I went searching for the moths yesterday. On the Central Coast of California I saw Red-tail Hawks, Hummingbirds, Jays, little brown birds, skunks, wild cats, brown bears, racoons, and a furry striped spider, black widows.
As a matter of fact, my exposure to the natural world has been limited since my childhood was mostly Los Angeles, where they had to bring in a cow to our school so kids could actually see one. As a young teen, my aunt and uncle had a small ranch in the Mojave Desert and had horses and chickens. Only time I ever road a horse or picked up eggs, fed chickens...
So there are many aspects of Daz3D that has been an education and a lesson in humility for me.
Genesis 8.1 Face ControlsThose that don't have Power Pose working for Genesis 8.1, there is just two explanations for Power Pose not working, either you have not updated all of "Genesis 8 Starter Essentials" or the installation of them is botched, which is not surprising if you have used DAZ Connect to do it (Smart Content tab inside DS) or tried installing with several methods (DIM/DAZ Central/DAZ Connect/Manual installation)
If you search your drives for "G8_1F_Head.dxe" and "G8_1F_Face.dxe", how many copies of the files you find and what is the complete path (starting from the drive letter), where they are installed?
Daz3D to Unreal Engine 5 using the UE4 bridge.Vially said:
Ellessarr said:
you are talking about what "steps? mine tutorial in my tutorial post or you are talking about the main post?
In your post, when using the "Send to" functionality, it uses whatever DAZ was setup to use as a part of the install, and a part of that is to tell DAZ where your Unreal engine is. Mine was in UE426\Engine, Since I want it all to start working with UE5 (early release or not, I'm assuming they will just be doing updates as the code changes,)
I put the "engine" part in the UE5 folder, then told DAZ Install Manager to install all future exports to that folder as well. Now when I use the "send to" functionality, it puts it into the correct Engine folder and doesn't overwrite the UE4.26 stuff.
That make sense?
why you are using daz install manage if you do that it revert back to the ue4 version, neither manager or the other tool have the ue5 version, why you are using it?
this tutorial is to using a manual instal not using the 2 install tools if you use it, they conflict with mine.
this tutorial is for when you want to install the plugin without use the "daz install manager or daz central, or want to install direct from the git hub from a zip, this is a manually install.
Daz3D to Unreal Engine 5 using the UE4 bridge.Vially said:
Greetings,
Following the steps as written, and I find one issue...
DAZ Install Manager and/or Content Manager will still install or convert to the UE4 Engine. You must open both and change the save location to get them to install to UE5-ER directory.
As written I was able to open my UE4 Testing in UE5-ER without any issues, but I think I want to try again since there is "something" going on with G81F's shoulders. Will keep you updated.
Ah... Daz Central updates itself if you change Install Managere first... good, one less step :)
G81F's Shoulders image is attached, I'll update if it changes.
you are talking about what "steps? mine tutorial in my tutorial post or you are talking about the main post?
Daz3D to Unreal Engine 5 using the UE4 bridge.Greetings,
Following the steps as written, and I find one issue...
DAZ Install Manager and/or Content Manager will still install or convert to the UE4 Engine. You must open both and change the save location to get them to install to UE5-ER directory.
As written I was able to open my UE4 Testing in UE5-ER without any issues, but I think I want to try again since there is "something" going on with G81F's shoulders. Will keep you updated.
Ah... Daz Central updates itself if you change Install Managere first... good, one less step :)
G81F's Shoulders image is attached, I'll update if it changes.
Postre issue - HELP!3DScreencraft said:
WSC said:
3DScreencraft said:
Well, today for some reason it's working again. Lol! I actually found an install file for the SQL, but although I had rebooted before that, and n after, it only worked the next day. Whew! :D
Congrats! Nothing for me. database and smart content still gone....
But my Central and DIM still won't download...
Damn. Re-importing metadata seems to have cured my issues with smart content & the database for the most part.... at least to where the surfaces and other tabs seem to be working again. it won't download at all or it just doesn't show up in Daz?
Postre issue - HELP!WSC said:
3DScreencraft said:
Well, today for some reason it's working again. Lol! I actually found an install file for the SQL, but although I had rebooted before that, and n after, it only worked the next day. Whew! :D
Congrats! Nothing for me. database and smart content still gone....
But my Central and DIM still won't download...
Quickstart Guide Interactive LessonRichard Haseltine said:
Bardot is from the dForce Starter Essentials, there should be other clothes included. Which figure is the guide using? My recollection of the quickstart is that it used the dancer outfit, not rocker, so exactly which interactive lesson are you going through?
Apologies for the delay in responding. I've only had time to follow up on this now, and I've determined that the problem is an acute case of newbie-itis. I finally figured out the connection between Daz Studio and Central. Apparently the rocker outfit was in there with the rest of my assets, but I hadn't installed anything from them yet.
Problem downloading/installing over last 15 hours?logarin said:
I cannot reach Daz Central either, it loops forever and then I get the "Daz Central is not responding" error.
Weird! It's still not installing for me...
Send to hexagon bridge?Hi, so I have hexagon 2.5, and I installed its' contents from DIM, I also have DAZ Central 4.15. (Windows 10) (I have searched a lot, even on forums; I couldn't find anything useful)
I can see the send to daz on hexagon. My problem is, whenever I go to the customize tabs and try to add the hexagon bridge to the toolbars it doesn't work. (There is an icon to the left, with a box and an arrow going downwards towards the box..which I assume means that I don't have the hexagon bridge installed (even though I presumed that it came included with the hexagon)?)
I clicked on "send to daz" on hexagon but I couldn't find a way to import my project to hexagon or send a project from daz to hexagon, can someone please tell me what's wrong? Also, does anyone have a link to the bridge (if that is the solution to my problem)?
Thank you very much.
Problem downloading/installing over last 15 hours?I cannot reach Daz Central either, it loops forever and then I get the "Daz Central is not responding" error.
Problem downloading/installing over last 15 hours?Hi all, is there an issue with installing today? I have been trying from both Central and DIM, and while they were working fine yesterday, over the last 16 hours or so, nada. I have rebooted. I have reinstalled Central (manual download, it worked). My install paths are correct in both DIM and Central. There is plenty of space on the hard drive I have now dedicated to DAZ. My internet is working fine. By a process of elimination, then - is the problem at DAZ's end? Many thanks!
ADDENDUM: Downloading through DAZ Studio (Connect) seems to work, so ...?? LOL!
The My Bucket's Got a Hole In It Complaint threadMystiara said:
the japanese toilet is legendary. gotta admit to a curiosity about it. a regular bidet doesnt dry you?
I didn't know this. I guess Japanese toilets are pretty fancy. But Japanese homes are also notorious for not having central heat. I'd rather be warm than have a fancy toilet.
Survey: Are we missing a feature you wish we had?For Daz Central it would be nice to have all the search filters that we get when we're shopping, like "Artist", "Genre" and "Figure". If it could provide the dropdowns, that would be amazing.
Thanks,
Chou-Vert
You can't get daz studio by itself anymore? I have to download central?Richard Haseltine said:
MKDAWUSS said:
For some weird reason it (DC) doesn't recognize a number of installed assets as installed.
Assets it had installed? Single assets or parts of a product bundle - some things, such as Daz Studiio itself, get bundled into a single group in Daz Central and it will show that bundled group as needing updating fior any one item that isn't installed/requires an update.
They were installed by the DIM. I had to move (and backup) hard drives, leading me to utilize DC.
It's there in DS ready to use, though!You can't get daz studio by itself anymore? I have to download central?MKDAWUSS said:
For some weird reason it (DC) doesn't recognize a number of installed assets as installed.
Assets it had installed? Single assets or parts of a product bundle - some things, such as Daz Studiio itself, get bundled into a single group in Daz Central and it will show that bundled group as needing updating fior any one item that isn't installed/requires an update.
Downloading and storing content.Hello Richard, all well I trust. Thank you for your response.
I only use DIM. Central became one of my casualties in my quest to find space. I am aware of the changes that can be made via the gear icon but thought that the process would be overwhelming given my personal level of computer savvy. What I mean by 'choice of drive' is as with many software applications, when a person chooses to download software there is the facility to direct that software to a drive of one's choice.
I will certainly revisit the choices presented via the gear icon and have a go. If I screw up I always have the choice of a re-install.
Best wishes.
Downloading and storing content.That is already possible. Which install method are you using? Daz Central has only a single, base path option but Daz Install manager allows separate configuration of all paths, including that of the Download Archive, via the gear icon at top-right.
Smart Content Sort by fix?I've just had to reimstall all my content (on a new PC), using DAZ Central; the only sorting option that works is alpabetical!
Vintage Carriages 1 - Barouche & Police WagonActually looking closely at the models and especially the front bar, it looks like there should be one central pole that would go between a pair of horses and other straps from the harness would be attached to the vertical knobs on on the fron bars.









